Genomes and Genes
Summary: A CXC chemokine that is chemotactic for T-LYMPHOCYTES and MONOCYTES. It has specificity for CXCR4 RECEPTORS. Two isoforms of CXCL12 are produced by alternative mRNA splicing.
- Lai D, Lin K, Sheu W, Lee M, Chen C, Lee W, et al. TPL2 (Therapeutic Targeting Tumor Progression Locus-2)/ATF4 (Activating Transcription Factor-4)/SDF1? (Chemokine Stromal Cell-Derived Factor-?) Axis Suppresses Diabetic Retinopathy. Circ Res. 2017;121:e37-e52 pubmed publisher..This signaling axis may include the therapeutic potential for other diseases involving pathological neovascularization or macular edema. ..
- Jungbauer F, Aderhold C, Birk R, Hoermann K, Krämer B, Kuhlin B, et al. Communicate or Die - A Model for HPV+ and HPV- CSCs and Their Interactions with SDF-1?. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4827-4836 pubmed..Weakened reaction to SDF-1? in HPV+ SCC could lead to an impaired communication between CSCs and their niche, that would result in an increased exposure of CSCs to the harming influence of e.g. chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Zheng F, Zhang Z, Flamini V, Jiang W, Cui Y. The Axis of CXCR4/SDF-1 Plays a Role in Colon Cancer Cell Adhesion Through Regulation of the AKT and IGF1R Signalling Pathways. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4361-4369 pubmed..Our data suggest that CXCR4 plays a key role in colorectal cancer progression via the mediation of tumor cell adhesion. ..
- Chen M, Jiang Y, Zhang N, Yang H, Xu L, Rui Q, et al. Association between chemokine CXC ligand 12 gene polymorphism (rs1746048) and coronary heart disease: A MOOSE-compliant meta-analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7179 pubmed publisher..6%) and Caucasian populations (OR?=?1.14; 95% CI?=?1.10-1.18; P?<?.005; I?=?22.2%). The results of our meta-analysis suggested that chemokine CXC ligand 12 gene polymorphism (rs1746048) may be linked with susceptibility to CHD. ..
- Zou F, Zhang Z, Zhang Y, Zhao J, Zhang X, Wen C, et al. [Cancer-associated-fibroblasts regulate the chemoresistance of lung cancer cell line A549 via SDF-1 secretion]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2017;39:339-343 pubmed publisher..43±0.03?0.25±0.02?0.48±0.03?0.31±0.03?0.72±0.06?0.45±0.03?a549?caf???a549?nf??????????????(p<0.05)? ??? caf????sdf-1????a549??????????4(cxcr4)???bcl-xl????????a549??????????????caf???????????????????. ..
- Ngamsri K, Müller A, Bösmüller H, Gamper Tsigaras J, Reutershan J, Konrad F. The Pivotal Role of CXCR7 in Stabilization of the Pulmonary Epithelial Barrier in Acute Pulmonary Inflammation. J Immunol. 2017;198:2403-2413 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data identified the pivotal role of the receptor CXCR7 in pulmonary inflammation with a predominant effect on the pulmonary epithelium and PMNs. ..
- Kim C, Broxmeyer H. In vitro behavior of hematopoietic progenitor cells under the influence of chemoattractants: stromal cell-derived factor-1, steel factor, and the bone marrow environment. Blood. 1998;91:100-10 pubmed
- Sun L, Kuang M, Penn M, Damaser M, Zutshi M. Stromal Cell-Derived Factor 1 Plasmid Regenerates Both Smooth and Skeletal Muscle After Anal Sphincter Injury in the Long Term. Dis Colon Rectum. 2017;60:1320-1328 pubmed publisher..Regenerating muscle at a time remote from injury requires re-expression of cytokines to attract stem cells to start and sustain the process of repair...
- Aiuti A, Webb I, Bleul C, Springer T, Gutierrez Ramos J. The chemokine SDF-1 is a chemoattractant for human CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells and provides a new mechanism to explain the mobilization of CD34+ progenitors to peripheral blood. J Exp Med. 1997;185:111-20 pubmed
- Samarendra H, Jones K, Petrinic T, Silva M, Reddy S, Soonawalla Z, et al. A meta-analysis of CXCL12 expression for cancer prognosis. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:124-135 pubmed publisher..Prospective or prospective-retrospective analyses of CXCL12 expression in clearly defined cancer cohorts are now required to advance our understanding of the relationship between CXCL12 expression and cancer outcome. ..
- Gu H, Zhang Z, Zhang J, Wang Q, Xi X, He Y. The role of the SDF-1/ CXCR7 axis on the growth and invasion ability of endometrial cancer cells. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2017;295:987-995 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that SDF-1/CXCR7 plays a positive role in the proliferation and invasion of EC cells. CXCR7 inhibition treatment may provide a promising strategy for anti-tumour therapy for EC. ..
- Saha A, Ahn S, Blando J, Su F, Kolonin M, DiGiovanni J. Proinflammatory CXCL12-CXCR4/CXCR7 Signaling Axis Drives Myc-Induced Prostate Cancer in Obese Mice. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5158-5168 pubmed publisher..Targeting the CXCL12-CXCR4/CXCR7 axis could lead to novel approaches for offsetting the effects of obesity on prostate cancer progression. Cancer Res; 77(18); 5158-68. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Vandyke K, Zeissig M, Hewett D, Martin S, Mrozik K, Cheong C, et al. HIF-2Î± Promotes Dissemination of Plasma Cells in Multiple Myeloma by Regulating CXCL12/CXCR4 and CCR1. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5452-5463 pubmed publisher..Targeting CCR1 may represent a novel strategy to prevent dissemination and overt relapse in multiple myeloma. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5452-63. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Yokoyama T, Nakatake M, Kuwata T, Couzinet A, Goitsuka R, Tsutsumi S, et al. MEIS1-mediated transactivation of synaptotagmin-like 1 promotes CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling and leukemogenesis. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:1664-78 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal that MEIS1, through induction of SYTL1, promotes leukemogenesis and supports leukemic cell homing and engraftment, facilitating interactions between leukemic cells and bone marrow stroma. ..
- Dutta A, Hutchison R, Mohi G. Hmga2 promotes the development of myelofibrosis in Jak2V617F knockin mice by enhancing TGF-?1 and Cxcl12 pathways. Blood. 2017;130:920-932 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that expression of Hmga2 cooperates with Jak2V617F in the pathogenesis of MF. ..
- Hao M, Li Y, Wang J, Qin J, Wang Y, Ding Y, et al. HIC1 loss promotes prostate cancer metastasis by triggering epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Pathol. 2017;242:409-420 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Grabovsky V, Feigelson S, Chen C, Bleijs D, Peled A, Cinamon G, et al. Subsecond induction of alpha4 integrin clustering by immobilized chemokines stimulates leukocyte tethering and rolling on endothelial vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 under flow conditions. J Exp Med. 2000;192:495-506 pubmed..Endothelial chemokines thus regulate all steps in adhesive cascades that control leukocyte recruitment at specific vascular beds. ..
- Collins P, McCully M, MartÃnez MuÃ±oz L, Santiago C, Wheeldon J, Caucheteux S, et al. Epithelial chemokine CXCL14 synergizes with CXCL12 via allosteric modulation of CXCR4. FASEB J. 2017;31:3084-3097 pubmed publisher..Laufer, J. M., Purvanov, V., Monneau, Y. R., Lortat-Jacob, H., Legler, D. F., Uguccioni, M., Thelen, M., Piguet, V., Mellado, M., Moser, B. Epithelial chemokine CXCL14 synergizes with CXCL12 via allosteric modulation of CXCR4. ..
- Nathan A, Dixit M, Babu S, Balakrishnan A. Comparison and functional characterisation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells isolated from filarial lymphoedema and endemic normals of a South Indian population. Trop Med Int Health. 2017;22:1414-1427 pubmed publisher..048) was significantly reduced in the FL group compared to the EN group. PBMCs from filarial lymphoedema show defective and dysregulated lymphvasculogenic function compared to endemic normals. ..
- Feil C, Augustin H. Endothelial cells differentially express functional CXC-chemokine receptor-4 (CXCR-4/fusin) under the control of autocrine activity and exogenous cytokines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;247:38-45 pubmed..In summary, the data indicate that the CXCR-4/SDF-1 receptor ligand interaction may be an important regulator of activated endothelial cell functions as they occur during vascular remodeling and angiogenesis. ..
- Lo S, Li K, Chang Y, Hsu M, Sung L, Vu T, et al. Enhanced critical-size calvarial bone healing by ASCs engineered with Cre/loxP-based hybrid baculovirus. Biomaterials. 2017;124:1-11 pubmed publisher..These data implicated the potential of Cre/loxP-based hybrid baculovirus vector for ASCs engineering and calvarial bone healing. ..
- Waldschmidt J, Simon A, Wider D, Müller S, Follo M, Ihorst G, et al. CXCL12 and CXCR7 are relevant targets to reverse cell adhesion-mediated drug resistance in multiple myeloma. Br J Haematol. 2017;179:36-49 pubmed publisher..Within a multicentre phase I/II study, NOX-A12 was tested in combination with bortezomib-dexamethasone, underlining the feasibility of NOX-A12 as an active add-on agent to antagonize myeloma CAM-DR. ..
- Panezai J, Bergdahl E, Sundqvist K. T-cell regulation through a basic suppressive mechanism targeting low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1. Immunology. 2017;152:308-327 pubmed publisher..The pro-adhesive chemokine CXCL12 also inhibited LRP1 shedding and induced surface expression of TSP170 and TSP130 while inhibiting TSP110...
- Hara T, Tanegashima K. CXCL14 antagonizes the CXCL12-CXCR4 signaling axis. Biomol Concepts. 2014;5:167-73 pubmed publisher..In fact, a stabilized dimeric peptide containing the C-terminal 51-77 amino acid residues of CXCL14 has been shown to have stronger CXCL12 antagonistic activity than full-length CXCL14. ..
- Guinamard R, Signoret N, Ishiai M, Marsh M, Kurosaki T, Ravetch J, et al. B cell antigen receptor engagement inhibits stromal cell-derived factor (SDF)-1alpha chemotaxis and promotes protein kinase C (PKC)-induced internalization of CXCR4. J Exp Med. 1999;189:1461-6 pubmed..These studies suggest that one pathway by which BCR stimulation results in inhibition of SDF-1alpha migration is through PKC-dependent downregulation of CXCR4. ..
- Luo Q, Yin N, Zhang L, Yuan W, Zhao W, Luan X, et al. Role of SDF-1/CXCR4 and cytokines in the development of ovary injury in chemotherapy drug induced premature ovarian failure mice. Life Sci. 2017;179:103-109 pubmed publisher..These data provide useful information to develop new therapeutic approach to treat POF disorders in the future. ..
- Ghosh D, Brown S, Stumhofer J. IL-17 Promotes Differentiation of Splenic LSK- Lymphoid Progenitors into B Cells following Plasmodium yoelii Infection. J Immunol. 2017;199:1783-1795 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify a distinct pathway that supports lymphoid development in the spleen during acute Plasmodium infection. ..
- Liu S, Liang H, Lee S, Li Z, Zhang J, Fei Q. Isolation and identification of stem cells from degenerated human intervertebral discs and their migration characteristics. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2017;49:101-109 pubmed publisher..It was also found that the expression of CXCR4 was higher in CEP-MSCs than in the other two, suggesting that SDF-1/CXCR4 axis may play significant roles in the migration of these cells. ..
- Caballero S, Kent D, Sengupta N, Li Calzi S, Shaw L, Beli E, et al. Bone Marrow-Derived Cell Recruitment to the Neurosensory Retina and Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cell Layer Following Subthreshold Retinal Phototherapy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:5164-5176 pubmed publisher..We investigated whether subthreshold retinal phototherapy (SRPT) was associated with recruitment of bone marrow (BM)-derived cells to the neurosensory retina (NSR) and RPE layer...
- Taylor N, Vick S, Iglesia M, Brickey W, Midkiff B, McKinnon K, et al. Treg depletion potentiates checkpoint inhibition in claudin-low breast cancer. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3472-3483 pubmed publisher..in the tumor microenvironment highly expressed PD-1 and were recruited partly through tumor generation of the chemokine CXCL12. Antitumor efficacy required stringent Treg depletion combined with checkpoint inhibition; delays in tumor ..
- Wani N, Nasser M, Ahirwar D, Zhao H, Miao Z, Shilo K, et al. C-X-C motif chemokine 12/C-X-C chemokine receptor type 7 signaling regulates breast cancer growth and metastasis by modulating the tumor microenvironment. Breast Cancer Res. 2014;16:R54 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that new strategies using CXCR7 inhibitors could be developed for antimetastatic therapy. ..
- Sanadgol N, Golab F, Tashakkor Z, Taki N, Moradi Kouchi S, Mostafaie A, et al. Neuroprotective effects of ellagic acid on cuprizone-induced acute demyelination through limitation of microgliosis, adjustment of CXCL12/IL-17/IL-11 axis and restriction of mature oligodendrocytes apoptosis. Pharm Biol. 2017;55:1679-1687 pubmed publisher..EA is a suitable therapeutic agent for moderate brain damage in neurodegenerative diseases such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Lecomte S, Lelong M, Bourgine G, Efstathiou T, Saligaut C, Pakdel F. Assessment of the potential activity of major dietary compounds as selective estrogen receptor modulators in two distinct cell models for proliferation and differentiation. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;325:61-70 pubmed publisher..Hence, apigenin and resveratrol might be used in the development of therapeutics for breast cancer and brain diseases. ..
- Li X, Li P, Chang Y, Xu Q, Wu Z, Ma Q, et al. The SDF-1/CXCR4 axis induces epithelial–mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;392:77-84 pubmed..In contrast, ablation of CXCR4 expression in HepG2 cells attenuated the migration of HepG2 cells and suppressed the EMT. Thus, hepatic stellate cells can promote hepatocellular carcinoma cell invasion through the SDF-1/CXCR4 axis. ..
- Cives M, Quaresmini D, Rizzo F, Felici C, D Oronzo S, Simone V, et al. Osteotropism of neuroendocrine tumors: role of the CXCL12/ CXCR4 pathway in promoting EMT in vitro. Oncotarget. 2017;8:22534-22549 pubmed publisher..Unique functions of CXCR4 may be segregated in relation to its subcellular localization and may acquire potential relevance in future in vivo studies. ..
- Christoffersson G, Lomei J, O Callaghan P, Kreuger J, Engblom S, Phillipson M. Vascular sprouts induce local attraction of proangiogenic neutrophils. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:741-751 pubmed publisher..These models unveiled that neutrophil migration at a hypoxic site was guided by signals emanating from sprouting endothelium where these immune cells gathered at "angiogenic hotspots" at which vascular growth occurred. ..
- Liu Y, Qingjuan S, Gao Z, Deng C, Wang Y, Guo C. Circulating fibrocytes are involved in inflammation and leukocyte trafficking in neonates with necrotizing enterocolitis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7400 pubmed publisher..These cells may contribute to intestinal inflammation through TLR4 signaling by producing the TNF-? and IL-6 cytokines. ..
- Shi A, Shi H, Dong L, Xu S, Jia M, Guo X, et al. CXCR7 as a chemokine receptor for SDF-1 promotes gastric cancer progression via MAPK pathways. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2017;52:745-753 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CXCR7 knockdown inhibited the growth of GC subcutaneous xenografts and decreased the microvessel density and VEGF expression in vivo. CXCR7 was identified as a novel promoter in GC initiation and progression. ..
- Li Y, Pang J, Gao S, Bai P, Wang W, Kong P, et al. Role of CXCR4 and SDF1 as prognostic factors for survival and the association with clinicopathology in colorectal cancer: A systematic meta-analysis. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317706206 pubmed publisher..Therefore, High expression of C-X-C chemokine receptor type 4/stromal cell-derived factor-1 which is essential in tumor progression can predict poor survival that may provide more advance prognostic clues to colorectal cancer patients. ..
- Mansoori Y, Daraei A, Zendebad Z, Madadizadeh F, Mansoori B, Naghizadeh M, et al. The SDF1 A/G Gene Variant: A Susceptibility Variant for Myocardial Infarction. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2017;21:506-511 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, more replication studies and meta-analyses should be carried out in this area. ..
- Gondalia R, Avery C, Napier M, Mendez Giraldez R, Stewart J, Sitlani C, et al. Genome-wide Association Study of Susceptibility to Particulate Matter-Associated QT Prolongation. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:067002 pubmed publisher..Ambient particulate matter (PM) air pollution exposure has been associated with increases in QT interval duration (QT). However, innate susceptibility to PM-associated QT prolongation has not been characterized...