Genomes and Genes
Summary: A CXC chemokine that is induced by GAMMA-INTERFERON and is chemotactic for MONOCYTES and T-LYMPHOCYTES. It has specificity for the CXCR3 RECEPTOR.
- Ke Y, Dang E, Shen S, Zhang T, Qiao H, Chang Y, et al. Semaphorin4D Drives CD8+ T-Cell Lesional Trafficking in Oral Lichen Planus via CXCL9/CXCL10 Upregulations in Oral Keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:2396-2406 pubmed publisher..Our findings conclusively revealed an amplification feedback loop involving T cells, chemokines, and Sema4D-dependent signal that promotes OLP progression. ..
- Srugo I, Klein A, Stein M, Golan Shany O, Kerem N, Chistyakov I, et al. Validation of a Novel Assay to Distinguish Bacterial and Viral Infections. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Assay was significantly more accurate than CRP, procalcitonin, and routine laboratory parameters. Additional studies are warranted to support its potential to improve antimicrobial treatment decisions. ..
- Balashov K, Rottman J, Weiner H, Hancock W. CCR5(+) and CXCR3(+) T cells are increased in multiple sclerosis and their ligands MIP-1alpha and IP-10 are expressed in demyelinating brain lesions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:6873-8 pubmed..Furthermore, these results provide a rationale for the use of agents that block CCR5 and/or CXCR3 as a therapeutic approach in the treatment of MS. ..
- Herzig D, Luan L, Bohannon J, Toliver Kinsky T, Guo Y, Sherwood E. The role of CXCL10 in the pathogenesis of experimental septic shock. Crit Care. 2014;18:R113 pubmed publisherThe chemokine CXCL10 is produced during infection and inflammation to activate the chemokine receptor CXCR3, an important regulator of lymphocyte trafficking and activation...
- Liu L, Strassner J, Refat M, Harris J, King B. Repigmentation in vitiligo using the Janus kinase inhibitor tofacitinib may require concomitant light exposure. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77:675-682.e1 pubmed publisher..These results support a model wherein JAK inhibitors suppress T cell mediators of vitiligo and light exposure is necessary for stimulation of melanocyte regeneration. ..
- Wang C, Yeo S, Haas M, Guan J. Autophagy gene FIP200 in neural progenitors non-cell autonomously controls differentiation by regulating microglia. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2581-2596 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that autophagy plays a crucial role in regulating neurogenesis and restricting local immune response in postnatal NSCs through non-cell autonomous mechanisms. ..
- Schoeman J, Moutloatse G, Harms A, Vreeken R, Scherpbier H, van Leeuwen L, et al. Fetal Metabolic Stress Disrupts Immune Homeostasis and Induces Proinflammatory Responses in Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1- and Combination Antiretroviral Therapy-Exposed Infants. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:436-446 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that the fetal metabolism is impacted by maternal factors (cART and HIV-1) and skews physiological immune responses toward inflammation in the newborn infant. ..
- Magee K, Kelsey C, Kurzinski K, Ho J, Mlakar L, Feghali Bostwick C, et al. Interferon-gamma inducible protein-10 as a potential biomarker in localized scleroderma. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R188 pubmed
- Dominguez Gutierrez P, Ceribelli A, Satoh M, Sobel E, Reeves W, Chan E. Elevated signal transducers and activators of transcription 1 correlates with increased C-C motif chemokine ligand 2 and C-X-C motif chemokine 10 levels in peripheral blood of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R20 pubmed publisher..Future study is needed to examine the exact role of STAT1 in the etiology of SLE. ..
- Shin D, Lee J, Park J, Min J. Double Plant Homeodomain Fingers 2 (DPF2) Promotes the Immune Escape of Influenza Virus by Suppressing Beta Interferon Production. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Upon influenza virus infection, DPF2 dysregulated IFN-Î² induction and expression of cytokines/chemokines and antiviral proteins. This study provides evidence that influenza virus utilizes DPF2 to escape host innate immunity. ..
- Gangur V, Simons F, HayGlass K. Human IP-10 selectively promotes dominance of polyclonally activated and environmental antigen-driven IFN-gamma over IL-4 responses. FASEB J. 1998;12:705-13 pubmed
- Cho J, Yi H, Jang E, Lee M, Lee J, Kang C, et al. Mycophenolic mofetil, an alternative antiviral and immunomodulator for the highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1 virus infection. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:298-304 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that MMF could represent a novel inhibitor of viral replication and a potent immunomodulator for the treatment of H5N1 virus infection...
- Khan A, Srivastava R, Chentoufi A, Kritzer E, Chilukuri S, Garg S, et al. Bolstering the Number and Function of HSV-1-Specific CD8+ Effector Memory T Cells and Tissue-Resident Memory T Cells in Latently Infected Trigeminal Ganglia Reduces Recurrent Ocular Herpes Infection and Disease. J Immunol. 2017;199:186-203 pubmed publisher..based on priming with multiple ASYMP epitopes (prime) and neurotropic TG delivery of the T cell-attracting chemokine CXCL10 (pull), boosted the number and function of CD44highCD62LlowCD8+ effector ..
- Zhao Q, Kim T, Pang J, Sun W, Yang X, Wang J, et al. A novel function of CXCL10 in mediating monocyte production of proinflammatory cytokines. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:1271-1280 pubmed publisher..Targeting CXCL10 is therefore an attractive approach to treating inflammatory diseases that are driven by innate and adaptive immunity. ..
- Wang Z, Wu T, Ma M, Zhang Z, Fu Y, Liu J, et al. Elevated interferon-?-induced protein 10 and its receptor CXCR3 impair NK cell function during HIV infection. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:163-170 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that elevated IP-10 levels may impair NK cell function during HIV infection and that IP-10/CXCR3 blocking may be a novel therapeutic strategy in the control and functional cure of HIV. ..
- Sørensen T, Tani M, Jensen J, Pierce V, Lucchinetti C, Folcik V, et al. Expression of specific chemokines and chemokine receptors in the central nervous system of multiple sclerosis patients. J Clin Invest. 1999;103:807-15 pubmed..Our results imply pathogenic roles for specific chemokine-chemokine receptor interactions in MS and suggest new molecular targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Lu Y, Lin L, Tan J, Deng H, Li X, Zhang Z, et al. A correlation study between gene polymorphism of Th cell expressed chemokine receptor CXCR3 and its ligand levels with HCV infection prognosis. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:1290-1295 pubmed..CXCR3 ligands IP-10, Mig and I-TAC levels were all significantly elevated in chronic hepatitis and HCV cirrhosis patients, possibly functioning as one clinical index for HCV prognosis. ..
- Limongi F, Fallahi P. Hypersensitivity pneumonitis and alpha-chemokines. Clin Ter. 2017;168:e140-e145 pubmed publisher..It has been suggested that differences in the expression of CXC chemokines and Th1 cytokines may contribute to different immunopathogenesis, clinical course and responsiveness to treatment of HP. ..
- Bochkov Y, Busse W, Brockman Schneider R, Evans M, Jarjour N, McCrae C, et al. Budesonide and formoterol effects on rhinovirus replication and epithelial cell cytokine responses. Respir Res. 2013;14:98 pubmed publisher..These effects could potentially contribute to beneficial effects of budesonide/formoterol combination therapy in preventing RV-induced asthma exacerbations. ..
- Dominguez Gutierrez P, Ceribelli A, Satoh M, Sobel E, Reeves W, Chan E. Reduced levels of CCL2 and CXCL10 in systemic lupus erythematosus patients under treatment with prednisone, mycophenolate mofetil, or hydroxychloroquine, except in a high STAT1 subset. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R23 pubmed publisher..Further work is needed to determine whether high STAT1 levels convey resistance to therapies commonly used to treat SLE and whether STAT1 inhibitors may have therapeutic implication for these patients. ..
- Meissner E, Wu D, Osinusi A, Bon D, Virtaneva K, Sturdevant D, et al. Endogenous intrahepatic IFNs and association with IFN-free HCV treatment outcome. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:3352-63 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSION. These results suggest that restoration of type I intrahepatic IFN signaling by EOT may facilitate HCV eradication and prevention of relapse upon withdrawal of SOF/RBV. TRIAL REGISTRATION. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT01441180. ..
- Shino M, Weigt S, Li N, Palchevskiy V, Derhovanessian A, Saggar R, et al. The prognostic importance of CXCR3 chemokine during organizing pneumonia on the risk of chronic lung allograft dysfunction after lung transplantation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180281 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate for the first time, the prognostic importance of BALF CXCR3 ligand concentrations during OP on subsequent CLAD risk. ..
- Leligdowicz A, Conroy A, Hawkes M, Zhong K, Lebovic G, Matthay M, et al. Validation of two multiplex platforms to quantify circulating markers of inflammation and endothelial injury in severe infection. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175130 pubmed publisher..Trends in concentrations obtained by these methods were highly correlated, although absolute values varied, suggesting caution is required when comparing data from different multiplex platforms. ..
- Ferrian S, Manca C, Lubbe S, Conradie F, Ismail N, Kaplan G, et al. A combination of baseline plasma immune markers can predict therapeutic response in multidrug resistant tuberculosis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176660 pubmed publisher..Plasma levels of specific chemokines and inflammatory markers measured before MDR-TB treatment are candidate predictive markers of delayed SCC. These findings require validation in a larger study. ..
- Fallahi P, Elia G, Bonatti A. Interferon-?-induced protein 10 in Lyme disease. Clin Ter. 2017;168:e146-e150 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IFN-? dependent chemokines are important biomarkers to monitor the progression and diffusion of the disease in patients with Borrelia infection; further larger studies are needed. ..
- Pandya J, Lundell A, Andersson K, Nordström I, Theander E, Rudin A. Blood chemokine profile in untreated early rheumatoid arthritis: CXCL10 as a disease activity marker. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017;19:20 pubmed publisher..High circulating levels of CXCL10 in the plasma of ueRA patients and the association with the clinical disease activity suggests that CXCL10 may serve as a disease activity marker in early rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Shinde P, Liu W, Menoret A, Luster A, Vella A. Optimal CD4 T cell priming after LPS-based adjuvanticity with CD134 costimulation relies on CXCL9 production. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:57-69 pubmed publisher..In sum, CXCL9 production is a key benchmark for productive CD4 T cell vaccination strategies. ..
- Srivastava R, Khan A, Chilukuri S, Syed S, Tran T, Furness J, et al. CXCL10/CXCR3-Dependent Mobilization of Herpes Simplex Virus-Specific CD8+ TEM and CD8+ TRM Cells within Infected Tissues Allows Efficient Protection against Recurrent Herpesvirus Infection and Disease. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, a novel "prime/pull" therapeutic ocular herpes vaccine strategy is proposed and discussed. ..
- Fujino M, Sato H, Okamura T, Uda A, Takeda S, Ahmed N, et al. Simian Immunodeficiency Virus Targeting of CXCR3+ CD4+ T Cells in Secondary Lymphoid Organs Is Associated with Robust CXCL10 Expression in Monocyte/Macrophage Subsets. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the glycosylation of Env modulates the inflammatory/Th1 responses through the monocyte/macrophage subsets and elicits marked differences in SIV infection and clinical outcomes. ..
- Rose T, Grützkau A, Klotsche J, Enghard P, Flechsig A, Keller J, et al. Are interferon-related biomarkers advantageous for monitoring disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus? A longitudinal benchmark study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:1618-1626 pubmed publisher..In the context of IFN-directed therapies, chemokines and fluorescence-activated cell sorting-based IFN biomarkers for monitoring SLE activity should be further studied. ..
- Han X, Parker T. Antiinflammatory Activity of Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) Bark Essential Oil in a Human Skin Disease Model. Phytother Res. 2017;31:1034-1038 pubmed publisher..The study shows that CBEO is a promising antiinflammatory agent; however, further research is required to clarify its clinical efficacy. © 2017 The Authors. Phytotherapy Research published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd. ..
- Munroe M, Pezant N, Brown M, Fife D, Guthridge J, Kelly J, et al. Association of IFIH1 and pro-inflammatory mediators: Potential new clues in SLE-associated pathogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171193 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that IFIH1 may contribute to SLE pathogenesis via altered inflammatory mechanisms. ..
- Figueiredo W, Viana S, Alves D, Guerra P, Coelho Z, Barbosa H, et al. Protection mediated by chemokine CXCL10 in BALB/c mice infected by Leishmania infantum. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2017;112:561-568 pubmed publisher..infantum, mediated by IFN-g, not dependent on NO, and with suppression of IL-10 and TGF-?. These data may provide information for the development of new approaches for future therapeutic interventions for VL. ..
- Iida Y, Harashima N, Motoshima T, Komohara Y, Eto M, Harada M. Contrasting effects of cyclophosphamide on anti-CTL-associated protein 4 blockade therapy in two mouse tumor models. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1974-1984 pubmed publisher..Alternatively, CP-induced MDSCs can be increased by anti-CTLA-4 therapy only in RENCA-bearing hosts with an elevated level of interleukin-6...