Genomes and Genes
Summary: A CXC chemokine with specificity for CXCR2 RECEPTORS. It has growth factor activities and is implicated as a oncogenic factor in several tumor types.
- Wang D, Sun H, Wei J, Cen B, DuBois R. CXCL1 Is Critical for Premetastatic Niche Formation and Metastasis in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3655-3665 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our work also provides a rationale for development of CXCR2 antagonists to inhibit or prevent metastatic spread of disease. Cancer Res; 77(13); 3655-65. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Megra B, Eugenin E, Berman J. The Role of Shed PrPc in the Neuropathogenesis of HIV Infection. J Immunol. 2017;199:224-232 pubmed publisher..We propose that shedding of PrPc could be a potential target for therapeutics to limit the cognitive impairment characteristic of neuroAIDS. ..
- Yang Z, Mao G, Zhang J, Wen X, Jia B, Bao Y, et al. IFN-? induces senescence-like characteristics in mouse bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2017;26:201-206 pubmed publisher..Moreover, IL-6 and CXCL1 secretions were upregulated by IFN-?. Our study shows IFN-? can induce senescence-like characteristics in mBM-MSC, suggesting a novel target for anti-aging therapy. ..
- Kunisada M, Hosaka C, Takemori C, Nakano E, Nishigori C. CXCL1 Inhibition Regulates UVB-Induced Skin Inflammation and Tumorigenesis in Xpa-Deficient Mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1975-1983 pubmed publisher..This indicates that the UVB-induced strong inflammatory response of Xpa-deficient mice plays a role in skin tumor development, which could be suppressed by regulating chemokines such as CXCL1. ..
- Ngamsri K, Müller A, Bösmüller H, Gamper Tsigaras J, Reutershan J, Konrad F. The Pivotal Role of CXCR7 in Stabilization of the Pulmonary Epithelial Barrier in Acute Pulmonary Inflammation. J Immunol. 2017;198:2403-2413 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data identified the pivotal role of the receptor CXCR7 in pulmonary inflammation with a predominant effect on the pulmonary epithelium and PMNs. ..
- Käfer R, Schrick K, Schmidtke L, Montermann E, Hobernik D, Bros M, et al. Inactivation of the KSRP gene modifies collagen antibody induced arthritis. Mol Immunol. 2017;87:207-216 pubmed publisher..On cytokine level IFN-? production was increased in spleen cells of KSRP-/- mice compared to WT samples. These data surprisingly suggest that the absence of KSRP protects against the induction of inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Young H, Rowling E, Bugatti M, Giurisato E, Luheshi N, Arozarena I, et al. An adaptive signaling network in melanoma inflammatory niches confers tolerance to MAPK signaling inhibition. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1691-1710 pubmed publisher..We conclude that melanoma inflammatory niches adapt to and confer drug tolerance toward BRAF and MEK inhibitors early during treatment. ..
- Bustamante A, LÃ³pez Cancio E, Pich S, Penalba A, Giralt D, GarcÃa Berrocoso T, et al. Blood Biomarkers for the Early Diagnosis of Stroke: The Stroke-Chip Study. Stroke. 2017;48:2419-2425 pubmed publisher..Additional discovery of new biomarkers and improvement on laboratory techniques seem necessary for achieving a molecular diagnosis of stroke. ..
- Divella R, Daniele A, De Luca R, Simone M, Naglieri E, Savino E, et al. Circulating Levels of VEGF and CXCL1 Are Predictive of Metastatic Organotropismin in Patients with Colorectal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4867-4871 pubmed..This suggests an additional role for circulating cytokines as a predictive tool for cancer prognosis and diagnosis, as well as for assessment of tumor sensitivity to anticancer therapy. ..
- Mehrad B, Strieter R, Moore T, Tsai W, Lira S, Standiford T. CXC chemokine receptor-2 ligands are necessary components of neutrophil-mediated host defense in invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. J Immunol. 1999;163:6086-94 pubmed..We conclude that CXCR2 ligands are essential mediators of host defense against A. fumigatus, and may be important targets in devising future therapeutic strategies in this disease. ..
- Jentho E, Bodden M, Schulz C, Jung A, Seidel K, Schmeck B, et al. microRNA-125a-3p is regulated by MyD88 in Legionella pneumophila infection and targets NTAN1. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176204 pubmed publisher..pneumophila infection with regard to MyD88 signaling and identified NTAN1 as a target of miR-125a-3p. This finding unravels a yet unknown feature of Legionella-host cell interaction, potentially relevant for new treatment options. ..
- Kehoe O, Kalia N, King S, Eustace A, Boyes C, Reizes O, et al. Syndecan-3 is selectively pro-inflammatory in the joint and contributes to antigen-induced arthritis in mice. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R148 pubmed publisher..In the joint it is selectively pro-inflammatory, functioning in endothelial chemokine presentation and leukocyte recruitment and cartilage damage in an RA model. Conversely, in skin and cremaster it is anti-inflammatory. ..
- Lv R, Zhao J, Lei M, Xiao D, Yu Y, Xie J. IL-33 Attenuates Sepsis by Inhibiting IL-17 Receptor Signaling through Upregulation of SOCS3. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1961-1972 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results suggest that IL-33 plays a negative regulatory role in sepsis progression by inhibiting IL-17 pathway through activating SOCS3. This finding would inspire a new therapeutic strategy for treating sepsis. ..
- Sowa J, Slusarczyk J, Trojan E, Chamera K, Leskiewicz M, Regulska M, et al. Prenatal stress affects viability, activation, and chemokine signaling in astroglial cultures. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;311:79-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, malfunctions caused by prenatal stress may adversely influence brain development, leading to long-term effects on adult brain function and behavior. ..