internal ribosome entry sites
Summary: Sequences within MESSENGER RNA that enable PROTEIN TRANSLATION INITIATION independent of 5' CAPPED RNA.
- Ebadat S, Ahmadi S, Ahmadi M, Nematpour F, Barkhordari F, Mahdian R, et al. Evaluating the efficiency of CHEF and CMV promoter with IRES and Furin/2A linker sequences for monoclonal antibody expression in CHO cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185967 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicated that the CHEF promoter is a viable alternative to CMV promoter-based expression in F2A-mediated vectors by providing both higher expression and level of stability. ..
- Ismail R, Ul Hussain M. The up regulation of phosphofructokinase1 (PFK1) protein during chemically induced hypoxia is mediated by the hypoxia-responsive internal ribosome entry site (IRES) element, present in its 5'untranslated region. Biochimie. 2017;139:38-45 pubmed publisher..Our data provides an interesting mechanism that may explain the increased glycolytic capacity of the astrocytes after brain hypoxia. ..
- Shi Z, Fujii K, Kovary K, Genuth N, Röst H, Teruel M, et al. Heterogeneous Ribosomes Preferentially Translate Distinct Subpools of mRNAs Genome-wide. Mol Cell. 2017;67:71-83.e7 pubmed publisher..Within several of these transcripts, this level of regulation is mediated, at least in part, by internal ribosome entry sites. Together, these results reveal a critical functional link between ribosome heterogeneity and the post-..
- Gross L, Vicens Q, Einhorn E, Noireterre A, Schaeffer L, Kuhn L, et al. The IRES5'UTR of the dicistrovirus cricket paralysis virus is a type III IRES containing an essential pseudoknot structure. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8993-9004 pubmed publisher..The IRES5'UTR contains a pseudoknot structure that is essential for proper folding and ribosome recruitment. Overall, our results pave the way for studies addressing the synergy and interplay between the two IRES from CrPV. ..
- Gritsenko A, Weingarten Gabbay S, Elias Kirma S, Nir R, de Ridder D, Segal E. Sequence features of viral and human Internal Ribosome Entry Sites predictive of their activity. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005734 pubmed publisherTranslation of mRNAs through Internal Ribosome Entry Sites (IRESs) has emerged as a prominent mechanism of cellular and viral initiation...
- Galan A, Lozano G, PiÃ±eiro D, Martinez Salas E. G3BP1 interacts directly with the FMDV IRES and negatively regulates translation. FEBS J. 2017;284:3202-3217 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the IRES-binding capacity of G3BP1 and illustrate its function as a translation inhibitor. ..