Genomes and Genes
Summary: Nanoparticles produced from metals whose uses include biosensors, optics, and catalysts. In biomedical applications the particles frequently involve the noble metals, especially gold and silver.
- Ho W, Tay Q, Qi H, Huang Z, Li J, Chen Z. Photocatalytic and Adsorption Performances of Faceted Cuprous Oxide (Cu₂O) Particles for the Removal of Methyl Orange (MO) from Aqueous Media. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..By adding hole scavengers in the solution, the photocorrosion of Cu₂O was greatly reduced. This observation confirms that the photocatalytically generated holes were responsible for the photocorrosion of Cu₂O. ..
- Haseeb M, Hussain M, Abbas K, Youssif B, Bashir S, Yuk S, et al. Linseed hydrogel-mediated green synthesis of silver nanoparticles for antimicrobial and wound-dressing applications. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2845-2855 pubmed publisher..Wound-healing studies revealed that Ag NP-impregnated LSH thin films could have potential applications as an antimicrobial dressing in wound management procedures. ..
- Che B, Luo Q, Zhai B, Fan G, Liu Z, Cheng K, et al. Cytotoxicity and genotoxicity of nanosilver in stable GADD45? promoter-driven luciferase reporter HepG2 and A549 cells. Environ Toxicol. 2017;32:2203-2211 pubmed publisher..And furthermore, the GADD45? promoter-driven luciferase reporter cells, especially the HepG2-luciferase cells, could provide a new and valuable tool for predicting nanomaterials genotoxicity in humans. ..
- Karthik R, Govindasamy M, Chen S, Cheng Y, Muthukrishnan P, Padmavathy S, et al. Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles by using Camellia japonica leaf extract for the electrocatalytic reduction of nitrobenzene and photocatalytic degradation of Eosin-Y. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;170:164-172 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, Ag-NPs have excellent photocatalytic activity with >97% degradation of EY dye after irradiated 60min. These results indicated that the growth of sphere-like Ag-NPs should be a proficient. ..
- Choi S, Britigan B, Moran D, Narayanasamy P. Gallium nanoparticles facilitate phagosome maturation and inhibit growth of virulent Mycobacterium tuberculosis in macrophages. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177987 pubmed publisher..Delivery of Ga or rifampin in the form of nanoparticles to macrophages offers a promising approach for the development of new therapeutic anti-tuberculous drugs. ..
- Khan Z, Khan A, Chen Y, Shah N, Muhammad N, Khan A, et al. Biomedical applications of green synthesized Nobel metal nanoparticles. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:150-164 pubmed publisherSynthesis of Nobel metal nanoparticles, play a key role in the field of medicine...
- Li C, Dang F, Li M, Zhu M, Zhong H, Hintelmann H, et al. Effects of exposure pathways on the accumulation and phytotoxicity of silver nanoparticles in soybean and rice. Nanotoxicology. 2017;11:699-709 pubmed publisher..These results are an important contribution to improve the risk assessment of NPs under environmental exposure scenarios. ..
- Gandhi P, Jayaseelan C, Mary R, Mathivanan D, Suseem S. Acaricidal, pediculicidal and larvicidal activity of synthesized ZnO nanoparticles using Momordica charantia leaf extract against blood feeding parasites. Exp Parasitol. 2017;181:47-56 pubmed publisher..microplus, P. humanus capitis and the mosquito larvae of An. Stephensi and Cx. quinquefasciatus. ..
- Sengupta J, Ghosh S, Datta P, Gomes A, Gomes A. Physiologically important metal nanoparticles and their toxicity. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014;14:990-1006 pubmed..This review is an attempt to establish metal nanoparticles of physiological importance to be the best candidates for future nanotechnological tools and medicines, ..
- Ballottin D, Fulaz S, Cabrini F, Tsukamoto J, Duran N, Alves O, et al. Antimicrobial textiles: Biogenic silver nanoparticles against Candida and Xanthomonas. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:582-589 pubmed publisher..Reported data might point to an application for biogenic AgNPs as potent agrochemicals, as well as, to their application in textiles for antiseptic clothing for medical and agronomic applications. ..
- Choudhary B, Paul D, Gupta T, Tetgure S, Garole V, Borse A, et al. Photocatalytic reduction of organic pollutant under visible light by green route synthesized gold nanoparticles. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;55:236-246 pubmed publisher..Strong and stable photocatalytic behavior makes AuNPs attractive in environmental applications, particularly in the reduction of organic pollutants in wastewater. ..
- Ji G, Duan Y, Zhang S, Fei B, Chen X, Yang Y. Selective Semihydrogenation of Alkynes Catalyzed by Pd Nanoparticles Immobilized on Heteroatom-Doped Hierarchical Porous Carbon Derived from Bamboo Shoots. ChemSusChem. 2017;10:3427-3434 pubmed publisher..The catalyst can be readily recovered for successive reuse with negligible loss in activity and selectivity, and is also applicable for practical gram-scale reactions. ..
- Saeedfar K, Heng L, Chiang C. A DNA biosensor based on gold nanoparticle decorated on carboxylated multi-walled carbon nanotubes for gender determination of Arowana fish. Bioelectrochemistry. 2017;118:106-113 pubmed publisher..55×10-21M. Thus, the attachment of GNPs onto functionalized MWCNTs yielded sensitive DNA biosensor with low detection limit and stability more than 30days. Constructed electrode was used to determine gender of arowana fish. ..
- Yazdimamaghani M, Vashaee D, Assefa S, Walker K, Madihally S, Köhler G, et al. Hybrid macroporous gelatin/bioactive-glass/nanosilver scaffolds with controlled degradation behavior and antimicrobial activity for bone tissue engineering. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2014;10:911-31 pubmed..The viability of hMSC on the scaffold suggested that gelatin/bioactive-glass/nanosilver scaffolds can be used as an antibacterial scaffolds. ..
- Das D, Datta A, Kumbhakar D, Ghosh B, Pramanik A, Gupta S, et al. Assessment of photocatalytic potentiality and determination of ecotoxicity (using plant model for better environmental applicability) of synthesized copper, copper oxide and copper-doped zinc oxide nanoparticles. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182823 pubmed publisher..Results highlight reduced ecotoxicity of Cu-doped ZnO-NPs compared to the other synthesized nanomaterials thereby suggesting better environmental applicability in waste water purification. ..
- Cavalu S, Prokisch J, Laslo V, Vicaş S. Preparation, structural characterisation and release study of novel hybrid microspheres entrapping nanoselenium, produced by green synthesis. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:426-432 pubmed publisher..The authors' formulation based on alginate/chitosan is a convenient matrix to be used for selenium delivery in duodenum, caecum and colon. ..
- Hemmaragala N, Abrahamse H, George B. Effect of GNP functionalisation and multiple N-methylation of ?-amyloid residue (32-37) on Gram-positive bacterium. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:377-382 pubmed publisher..Among them, N-methylated sequences CGGIGLMVG and CGGGGGIGLMVG shown remarkable activity against Gram-positive bacteria. ..
- Li S, Shi M, Zhao J, Zhang L, Huang Y, Zhao S. A highly sensitive capillary electrophoresis immunoassay strategy based on dual-labeled gold nanoparticles enhancing chemiluminescence for the detection of prostate-specific antigen. Electrophoresis. 2017;38:1780-1787 pubmed publisher..The obtained results demonstrated that the proposed CE method may serve as an alternative tool for clinical analysis of PSA. ..
- Buchtelova H, Dostálová S, Michalek P, Krizkova S, Strmiska V, Kopel P, et al. Size-related cytotoxicological aspects of polyvinylpyrrolidone-capped platinum nanoparticles. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;105:337-346 pubmed publisher..Overall, our pilot study demonstrates that in the nanoscaled world even the smallest differences can have crucial biological effect. ..
- Zhuang Q, Lin Z, Jiang Y, Deng H, He S, Su L, et al. Peroxidase-like activity of nanocrystalline cobalt selenide and its application for uric acid detection. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3295-3302 pubmed publisher..0-40 ?M with a detection limit of 0.5 ?M. The applicability of the proposed method has been validated by determination of UA in human serum samples with satisfactory results. ..
- Ali A, Haq I, Akhtar J, Sher M, Ahmed N, Zia M. Synthesis of Ag-NPs impregnated cellulose composite material: its possible role in wound healing and photocatalysis. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:477-484 pubmed publisher..The Ag-NPs impregnated cellulose can be effectively used in wound dressing to prevent bacterial attack and scavenger of free radicals at wound site, and also as filters for bioremediation and wastewater purification. ..
- Grellet S, Tzelepi K, Roskamp M, Williams P, Sharif A, Slade Carter R, et al. Cancer-selective, single agent chemoradiosensitising gold nanoparticles. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181103 pubmed publisher..The ability of AuNPs bearing simple ligands to act as cancer-selective chemoradiosensitisers at low concentrations is a novel discovery that holds great promise in developing low-cost cancer nanotherapeutics. ..
- Morosi L, Giordano S, Falcetta F, Frapolli R, Licandro S, Matteo C, et al. Application of 3D Mass Spectrometry Imaging to TKIs. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017;102:748-751 pubmed publisher..Here, we present the 3D visualization of the tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), imatinib, in a xenograft model of resistant malignant pleural mesothelioma...
- Kelkawi A, Abbasi Kajani A, Bordbar A. Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Mentha pulegium and investigation of their antibacterial, antifungal and anticancer activity. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:370-376 pubmed publisher..Overall results indicated high potential of M. pulegium extract to synthesis high quality AgNPs for biomedical applications. ..
- Zhao X, Toyooka T, Ibuki Y. Silver nanoparticle-induced phosphorylation of histone H3 at serine 10 is due to dynamic changes in actin filaments and the activation of Aurora kinases. Toxicol Lett. 2017;276:39-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ag ions released from AgNPs incorporated into inner cells changed the dynamics of actin filaments, and this was followed by the activation of AURKs, leading to the induction of p-H3S10. ..
- Matzke M, Jurkschat K, Backhaus T. Toxicity of differently sized and coated silver nanoparticles to the bacterium Pseudomonas putida: risks for the aquatic environment?. Ecotoxicology. 2014;23:818-29 pubmed publisher..Monitored silver concentrations in the aquatic environment span six orders of magnitude (0.1–120,000 ng L?1), which falls into the span of observed EC05 values and might hence indicate a risk to environmental bacteria. ..
- Matějka V, Tokarský J. Photocatalytical nanocomposites: a review. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014;14:1597-616 pubmed..Characterization of the adhesion energies using laboratory experiments is quite difficult and molecular modeling can bring valuable information about the character of interactions at the interface of nanoparticles and substrate. ..
- Srivastava S, Shalabney A, Khalaila I, Grüner C, Rauschenbach B, Abdulhalim I. SERS biosensor using metallic nano-sculptured thin films for the detection of endocrine disrupting compound biomarker vitellogenin. Small. 2014;10:3579-87 pubmed..g., ELISA, as its response time is less than 3 minutes...
- Kwon D, Nho H, Yoon T. Transmission Electron Microscopy and Scanning Transmission X-Ray Microscopy Studies on the Bioaccumulation and Tissue Level Absorption of TiO2 Nanoparticles in Daphnia magna. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2015;15:4229-38 pubmed..g., collapse of the epithelial tissue) caused by high toxicity of NPs or released metal ions. ..
- Shao X, Schnau P, Qian W, Wang X. Quantitatively Understanding Cellular Uptake of Gold Nanoparticles via Radioactivity Analysis. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2015;15:3834-8 pubmed..The radioactivity analysis may shed light on the dynamic interactions of AuNPs with cancer cells, and help achieve optimized designs of AuNPs for future clinical applications. ..
- Rajasekaran C, Nirmala M, Jayanthi K. Glucose monitoring system using nanopellets. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:91-95 pubmed publisher..When decreases, hypoglycaemia occurs. Hyperglycaemia leads to cataracts, oedema, hypertension, polyuria, and polydipsia. Hypoglycaemia causes perplexity, energy, insensateness, coma, and death. ..
- Nadaroğlu H, Onem H, Alayli Gungor A. Green synthesis of Ce2O3 NPs and determination of its antioxidant activity. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:411-419 pubmed publisher..It could be concluded that Euphorbia (E. amygdaloides) extract can be used efficiently in the production of potential antioxidant and anti-bacterial Ce2O3 NPs for commercial applications. ..
- Aboelfetoh E, El Shenody R, Ghobara M. Eco-friendly synthesis of silver nanoparticles using green algae (Caulerpa serrulata): reaction optimization, catalytic and antibacterial activities. Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:349 pubmed publisher..The outcomes of the current study confirmed that the synthesized AgNPs had an awesome guarantee for application in catalysis and wastewater treatment. ..
- Ullah S, Ahmad A, Wang A, Raza M, Jan A, Tahir K, et al. Bio-fabrication of catalytic platinum nanoparticles and their in vitro efficacy against lungs cancer cells line (A549). J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:368-375 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the as prepared PtNPs were well tolerated by normal human cells, and therefore, could be effective and biocompatible agents in the treatment of different cancer cells. ..
- Jin H, Li D, Zhang N, Gu Z, Long Y. Analyzing Carbohydrate-Protein Interaction Based on Single Plasmonic Nanoparticle by Conventional Dark Field Microscopy. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015;7:12249-53 pubmed publisher..This approach is high-throughput and real-time, and is a convenient method to analyze carbohydrate-protein interaction at the single nanoparticle level efficiently. ..
- Herzog F, Clift M, Piccapietra F, Behra R, Schmid O, Petri Fink A, et al. Exposure of silver-nanoparticles and silver-ions to lung cells in vitro at the air-liquid interface. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2013;10:11 pubmed publisher..Chronic exposure scenarios however, are needed to reveal further insight into the fate of Ag-NPs after deposition and cell interactions. ..
- MacCormack T, Rundle A, Malek M, Raveendran A, Meli M. Gold nanoparticles partition to and increase the activity of glucose-6-phosphatase in a synthetic phospholipid membrane system. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183274 pubmed publisher..Once incorporated, nAu can alter the distribution of membrane proteins and indirectly affect their function by improving active site accessibility, or potentially by changing their native structure and distribution in the membrane. ..
- Pulido Reyes G, Martín E, Gu Coronado J, Leganés F, Rosal R, Fernández Piñas F. Physicochemical and biological interactions between cerium oxide nanoparticles and a 1,8-naphthalimide derivative. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;172:61-69 pubmed publisher..The results of this study contribute to expand the knowledge of the interaction between nanoparticles and organic molecules which may be useful for understanding the behavior of nanoparticles in complex matrices. ..
- Majdalawieh A, Kanan M, El Kadri O, Kanan S. Recent advances in gold and silver nanoparticles: synthesis and applications. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014;14:4757-80 pubmed..Future investigations should aim at overcoming such challenges in an attempt to design nanomaterials that will prove to be useful in diagnosing and treating life-threatening diseases while ensuring a high degree of efficacy and safety. ..
- Aleksenko S, Matczuk M, Timerbaev A. Characterization of interactions of metal-containing nanoparticles with biomolecules by CE: An update (2012-2016). Electrophoresis. 2017;38:1661-1668 pubmed publisher..Special emphasis is put on examinations using inductively coupled plasma MS detection recent advent of which to the area made CE a versatile speciation tool for biomedical studies of nanomaterials containing metals. ..
- Hazarika M, Borah D, Bora P, Silva A, Das P. Biogenic synthesis of palladium nanoparticles and their applications as catalyst and antimicrobial agent. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184936 pubmed publisher..The minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) and minimum bactericidal concentration (MBC) of PdNPswere found to be 0.06 and 0.12 mM respectively. ..