Summary: Nanometer-scale composite structures composed of organic molecules intimately incorporated with inorganic molecules. (Glossary of Biotechnology and Nanobiotechology Terms, 4th ed)
- Huang S, Li C, Wang W, Li H, Sun Z, Song C, et al. A54 peptide-mediated functionalized gold nanocages for targeted delivery of DOX as a combinational photothermal-chemotherapy for liver cancer. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:5163-5176 pubmed publisher..As expected, DHTPAuNCs exhibited excellent therapeutic effect by photothermal-chemotherapy, both in vitro and in vivo. In short, DHTPAuNCs with low toxicity showed great potential as a drug delivery system for cancer therapy. ..
- Pulyala P, Singh A, Dias Netipanyj M, Cogo S, Santos L, Soares P, et al. In-vitro cell adhesion and proliferation of adipose derived stem cell on hydroxyapatite composite surfaces. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:1305-1316 pubmed publisher..enhance the mechanical strength and fracture toughness of brittle hydroxyapatite (HAP) by reinforcing it with nanocomposites such as graphene oxide (GO), carbon nanotubes (CNT) and Titania...
- Pashaei Y, Ghorbani Bidkorbeh F, Shekarchi M. Superparamagnetic graphene oxide-based dispersive-solid phase extraction for preconcentration and determination of tamsulosin hydrochloride in human plasma by high performance liquid chromatography-ultraviolet detection. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1499:21-29 pubmed publisherIn the present study, superparamagnetic graphene oxide-Fe3O4 nanocomposites were successfully prepared by a modified impregnation method (MGOmi) and their application as a sorbent in the magnetic-..
- Saravanakumar D, Song J, Lee S, Hur N, Shin W. Electrocatalytic Conversion of Carbon Dioxide and Nitrate Ions to Urea by a Titania-Nafion Composite Electrode. ChemSusChem. 2017;10:3999-4003 pubmed publisher..1?m KNO3 (pH?4.5) solution at -0.98?V versus Ag/AgCl, urea was formed with a Faradaic efficiency of 40?%. The other reduced products obtained were NH3 , CO, and H2 . ..
- Barahuie F, Dorniani D, Saifullah B, Gothai S, Hussein M, Pandurangan A, et al. Sustained release of anticancer agent phytic acid from its chitosan-coated magnetic nanoparticles for drug-delivery system. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2361-2372 pubmed publisher..No cytotoxic effect was observed on normal cells (3T3 fibroblast cells). This result indicates that PTA-CS-MNP nanocomposite can inhibit the proliferation of colon cancer cells without causing any harm to normal cell...
- Ali A, Haq I, Akhtar J, Sher M, Ahmed N, Zia M. Synthesis of Ag-NPs impregnated cellulose composite material: its possible role in wound healing and photocatalysis. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:477-484 pubmed publisher..The Ag-NPs impregnated cellulose can be effectively used in wound dressing to prevent bacterial attack and scavenger of free radicals at wound site, and also as filters for bioremediation and wastewater purification. ..
- Gupta V, Fakhri A, Agarwal S, Ahmadi E, Nejad P. Synthesis and characterization of MnO2/NiO nanocomposites for photocatalysis of tetracycline antibiotic and modification with guanidine for carriers of Caffeic acid phenethyl ester-an anticancer drug. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;174:235-242 pubmed publisherIn the present studies, modified NiO nanoparticles and MnO2/NiO nanocomposites with guanidine were synthesized by anchoring method for carriers of anticancer drug "Caffeic acid phenethyl ester"...
- Wang G, Wang S, Sun W, Sun Z, Zheng S. Synthesis of a novel illite@carbon nanocomposite adsorbent for removal of Cr(VI) from wastewater. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;57:62-71 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that the I@C nanocomposite should be a promising candidate for a low-cost, environmental friendly and highly efficient adsorbent for the removal of toxic Cr(VI) from wastewater. ..
- Roushani M, Shahdost Fard F, Azadbakht A. Using Au@nano-C60 nanocomposite as an enhanced sensing platform in modeling a TNT aptasensor. Anal Biochem. 2017;534:78-85 pubmed publisher..This newly developed strategy will pave the way to partly meet the requirements in the field of homeland security and public safety. ..
- Zhan J, Ma Z, Wang D, Li X, Li X, Le L, et al. Magnetic and pH dual-responsive mesoporous silica nanocomposites for effective and low-toxic photodynamic therapy. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2733-2748 pubmed publisher..Compared to free RB, the nanocomposites (polyethylene glycol-b-polyaspartate-modified rose bengal-loaded magnetic mesoporous silica [RB-MMSNs]) ..
- Jin J, Zhang L, Shi M, Zhang Y, Wang Q. Ti-GO-Ag nanocomposite: the effect of content level on the antimicrobial activity and cytotoxicity. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4209-4224 pubmed publisher..GO-Ag-Ti composite configuration that have outstanding antibacterial properties will provide the foundation to study bone integration in vitro and in vivo in the future. ..
- Sliem M, Karas R, Harith M. A promising protected ascorbic acid-hydroxyapatite nanocomposite as a skin anti-ager: A detailed photo-and thermal stability study. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:661-671 pubmed publisher..The size and morphology of the synthesized nanocomposites were characterized by TEM/SEM techniques...
- Ju L, Wu P, Lai X, Yang S, Gong B, Chen M, et al. Synthesis and characterization of Fullerene modified ZnAlTi-LDO in photo-degradation of Bisphenol A under simulated visible light irradiation. Environ Pollut. 2017;228:234-244 pubmed publisher..fullerene (C60) was fabricated by the urea method, and calcined under vacuum atmosphere to obtain nanocomposites of C60-modified ZnAlTi layered double oxide (ZnAlTi-LDO)...
- Wang X, Gao S, Niu X, Li L, Ying X, Hu Z, et al. Capsaicin-loaded nanolipoidal carriers for topical application: design, characterization, and in vitro/in vivo evaluation. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3881-3898 pubmed publisher..Overall, NLCs may be a potential carrier for topical delivery of capsaicin for useful pain and inflammation therapy. ..
- Huang H, Yang D, Liu M, Wang X, Zhang Z, Zhou G, et al. pH-sensitive Au-BSA-DOX-FA nanocomposites for combined CT imaging and targeted drug delivery. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2829-2843 pubmed publisher..subsequently conjugated with cis-aconityl doxorubicin (DOX) and folic acid (FA) to create Au-BSA-DOX-FA nanocomposites. A list of characterizations was undertaken to identify the successful conjugation of drug molecules and ..
- Pant B, Park M, Lee J, Kim H, Park S. Novel magnetically separable silver-iron oxide nanoparticles decorated graphitic carbon nitride nano-sheets: A multifunctional photocatalyst via one-step hydrothermal process. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2017;496:343-352 pubmed publisher..The obtained results showed that the synthesized material has potential as an economically friendly photocatalyst for environmental and energy applications. ..
- Tayyebi A, Moradi S, Azizi F, Outokesh M, Shadanfar K, Mousavi S. Fabrication of new magnetite-graphene nanocomposite and comparison of its laser-hyperthermia properties with conventionally prepared magnetite-graphene hybrid. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:572-581 pubmed publisher..b>Nanocomposites were injected in tissue equivalent phantoms of agarose gel in 10mg/g dosage, and were irradiated by a 1600mW ..
- Keskin Z, Sendemir Urkmez A, Hameş E. Novel keratin modified bacterial cellulose nanocomposite production and characterization for skin tissue engineering. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:1144-1153 pubmed publisher..BC/keratin nanocomposites were characterized using SEM, FTIR, EDX, XRD, DSC and XPS analyses...
- Shen X, Li T, Chen Z, Geng Y, Xie X, Li S, et al. Luminescent/magnetic PLGA-based hybrid nanocomposites: a smart nanocarrier system for targeted codelivery and dual-modality imaging in cancer theranostics. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4299-4322 pubmed publisher..and doxorubicin (DOX) into biodegradable poly(d,l-lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) polymeric nanocomposites using the double emulsion solvent evaporation method, followed by coupling to the amine group of ..
- Nakonieczny D, Paszenda Z, Basiaga M, Radko T, Drewniak S, Podwórny J, et al. Phase composition and morphology characteristics of ceria-stabilized zirconia powders obtained via sol-gel method with various pH conditions. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2017;19:21-30 pubmed..Correlations between phase composition and pH are difficult to grasp, and require further, more sophisticated, studies. ..
- Khan W, Hamadneh N, Khan W. Prediction of thermal conductivity of polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) electrospun nanocomposite fibers using artificial neural network and prey-predator algorithm. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183920 pubmed publisher..The predicted ANN responses for PVP electrospun nanocomposite fibers were compared with the experimental data and were found in good agreement...
- Sobolčiak P, Ali A, Hassan M, Helal M, Tanvir A, Popelka A, et al. 2D Ti3C2Tx (MXene)-reinforced polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) nanofibers with enhanced mechanical and electrical properties. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183705 pubmed publisher..and metallic conductivity of delaminated MXene nanosheet render it promising nanofiller for high performance nanocomposites. Cellulose nanocrystals (CNC) were used to improve the mechanical properties of the nanofibers...
- Sboui M, Nsib M, Rayes A, Swaminathan M, Houas A. TiO2-PANI/Cork composite: A new floating photocatalyst for the treatment of organic pollutants under sunlight irradiation. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;60:3-13 pubmed publisher..e., no-stirring and no-oxygenation. The TiO2-PANI/Cork floating photocatalyst can be reused for at least four consecutive times without significant decrease of the degradation efficiency...
- Chellappa M, Thejaswini B, Vijayalakshmi U. Biocompatibility assessment of SiO2-TiO2 composite powder on MG63 osteoblast cell lines for orthopaedic applications. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:77-82 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these observations, we envision that the prepared silica-titania nanocomposite is an intriguing biomaterial for better biomedical applications. ..
- Cai R, Tao G, He H, Song K, Zuo H, Jiang W, et al. One-Step Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles on Polydopamine-Coated Sericin/Polyvinyl Alcohol Composite Films for Potential Antimicrobial Applications. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..This work develops a new method for the preparation of AgNPs modified PDA-sericin/PVA film with good hydrophilicity, mechanical performance and antibacterial activities for the potential antimicrobial application in biomedicine. ..
- Arefi Oskoui S, Khataee A, Vatanpour V. Modeling and Optimization of NLDH/PVDF Ultrafiltration Nanocomposite Membrane Using Artificial Neural Network-Genetic Algorithm Hybrid. ACS Comb Sci. 2017;19:464-477 pubmed publisher..This good agreement confirmed that the nanocomposite membranes prformance could be successfully modeled and optimized by ANN-GA system. ..
- Mu X, Zhang F, Kong C, Zhang H, Zhang W, Ge R, et al. EGFR-targeted delivery of DOX-loaded Fe3O4@ polydopamine multifunctional nanocomposites for MRI and antitumor chemo-photothermal therapy. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2899-2911 pubmed publisherMultifunctional nanocomposites that have multiple therapeutic functions together with real-time imaging capabilities have attracted intensive concerns in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer...
- Zhang F, Li X, He N, Lin Q. Antibacterial Properties of ZnO/Calcium Alginate Composite and Its Application in Wastewater Treatment. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2015;15:3839-45 pubmed..This ZnO/calcium alginate carrier method could be utilized as an alternative to the traditional anaerobic/aerobic methods in the application of food processing wastewater treatment. ..
- Narayanan K, Han S. Dual-crosslinked poly(vinyl alcohol)/sodium alginate/silver nanocomposite beads - A promising antimicrobial material. Food Chem. 2017;234:103-110 pubmed publisher..These polymeric nanocomposites were characterized by UV-Vis, XRD, FE-SEM, FT-IR, TGA, and using rheological and swelling properties...
- Sharma R, Kapusetti G, Bhong S, Roy P, Singh S, Singh S, et al. Osteoconductive Amine-Functionalized Graphene-Poly(methyl methacrylate) Bone Cement Composite with Controlled Exothermic Polymerization. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:2254-2265 pubmed publisher..These nanocomposites have shown hypsochromic shifts, suggesting strong interactions between the filler material and the polymer ..
- Dhanavel S, Nivethaa E, Narayanan V, Stephen A. In vitro cytotoxicity study of dual drug loaded chitosan/palladium nanocomposite towards HT-29 cancer cells. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:1399-1410 pubmed publisher..The cytotoxicity of the drug loaded nanocomposites on colon cancer cells has been studied, which shows the effectiveness of the composite system towards ..
- Emadzadeh D, Ghanbari M, Lau W, Rahbari Sisakht M, Rana D, Matsuura T, et al. Surface modification of thin film composite membrane by nanoporous titanate nanoparticles for improving combined organic and inorganic antifouling properties. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:463-470 pubmed publisher..The findings of this work confirmed the positive impact of mNTs in improving the properties of NM with respect to fouling mitigation and flux improvement. ..
- Marovic D, Tadin A, Mladinic M, Juric Kacunic D, Galić N. In vitro detection of DNA damage in human leukocytes induced by combined effect of resin composites and adhesive systems. Am J Dent. 2014;27:35-41 pubmed..1 +/- 1.70). There was no clear trend of increased DNA damage in material combinations with darker shades of composites. Material composition and higher material concentrations showed greater influence on the genotoxicity. ..
- Umaraw P, Verma A. Comprehensive review on application of edible film on meat and meat products: An eco-friendly approach. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2017;57:1270-1279 pubmed publisher..b>Nanocomposites are composite films made by incorporation of nanoparticles...
- Beladi F, Saber Samandari S, Saber Samandari S. Cellular compatibility of nanocomposite scaffolds based on hydroxyapatite entrapped in cellulose network for bone repair. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:385-392 pubmed publisher..Obtained results suggested that the introduced scaffolds are comparable with the trabecular bone from the compositional, structural, and mechanical perspectives and have a great potential as a bone substitute. ..
- Ng K, Tan G, Khor S. Graphite nanocomposites sensor for multiplex detection of antioxidants in food. Food Chem. 2017;237:912-920 pubmed publisher..99 was achieved. The addition of sodium dodecyl sulfate as supporting additive further enhanced the LSV response (anodic peak current, Ipa) of BHA and BHT by 2- and 20-times, respectively. ..
- Oliani W, Parra D, Komatsu L, Lincopan N, Rangari V, Lugao A. Fabrication of polypropylene/silver nanocomposites for biocidal applications. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:845-853 pubmed publisher..1%; 0.25%; 0.5%; 1.0%; 1.0% (PVP), 2.0% and 4.0% by wt%. These polymer nanocomposites were characterized by Raman spectroscopy, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), energy dispersive spectroscopy (..
- Rashidi Nodeh H, Sereshti H, Gaikani H, Kamboh M, Afsharsaveh Z. Magnetic graphene coated inorganic-organic hybrid nanocomposite for enhanced preconcentration of selected pesticides in tomato and grape. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1509:26-34 pubmed publisher..83%, n=3) and inter-day (6.68-8.37%, n=12) precisions. Finally, the adsorbent was applied to determination of pesticides in tomato and grape samples and good recoveries were obtained in the range from 82 to 113% (RSDs 5.1-8.1%, n=3). ..
- Wang M, Xue H, Feng Z, Cheng B, Yang H. Increase of tensile strength and toughness of bio-based diglycidyl ether of bisphenol A with chitin nanowhiskers. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177673 pubmed publisher..The strong covalent interaction between the filler and the matrix allowed for efficient load transfer across the interfaces, which accounted for the greater strength and toughness. ..
- Kazemi E, Dadfarnia S, Haji Shabani A, Ranjbar M. Synthesis, characterization, and application of a Zn (II)-imprinted polymer grafted on graphene oxide/magnetic chitosan nanocomposite for selective extraction of zinc ions from different food samples. Food Chem. 2017;237:921-928 pubmed publisher..4mgg-1. The developed procedure was successfully applied to the selective extraction and determination of zinc in various samples including well water, drinking water, black tea, rice, and milk. ..
- Noori A, Ashrafi S, Vaez Ghaemi R, Hatamian Zaremi A, Webster T. A review of fibrin and fibrin composites for bone tissue engineering. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4937-4961 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we emphasize its role in bone tissue engineering nanocomposites where approaches further emulate the natural nanostructured features of bone when using fibrin and other ..
- Gadly T, Mohapatra P, Patre D, Gujar R, Gupta A, Ballal A, et al. Superparamagnetic graphene oxide-magnetite nanoparticle composites for uptake of actinide ions from mildly acidic feeds. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1513:18-26 pubmed publisher..The very high uptake values suggest possible application of the magnetic nanoparticles in radioactive waste remediation in natural ground water. ..
- Saber Samandari S, Saber Samandari S. Biocompatible nanocomposite scaffolds based on copolymer-grafted chitosan for bone tissue engineering with drug delivery capability. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:721-732 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that the prepared cytocompatible and non-toxic nanocomposite scaffolds might be efficient implants and drug carriers in bone-tissue engineering. ..
- Mahpishanian S, Sereshti H, Ahmadvand M. A nanocomposite consisting of silica-coated magnetite and phenyl-functionalized graphene oxide for extraction of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon from aqueous matrices. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;55:164-173 pubmed publisher..7% and 106.7% (with RSDs of 1.6% to 8.4%, for n=3). The results indicated that the Fe3O4@SiO2@GO-PEA microspheres had a great promise to extraction of PAHs from different water samples. ..