Summary: Synthesized magnetic particles under 100 nanometers possessing many biomedical applications including DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS and CONTRAST AGENTS. The particles are usually coated with a variety of polymeric compounds.
- Wang Q, Liu S, Yang F, Gan L, Yang X, Yang Y. Magnetic alginate microspheres detected by MRI fabricated using microfluidic technique and release behavior of encapsulated dual drugs. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4335-4347 pubmed publisher..As a novel embolic agent, such microspheres in blood vessels can be tracked by magnetic resonance scanner. Thus, the integration of embolotherapy, chemotherapy, and postoperative diagnosis can be realized. ..
- Lee H, Kim C, Lee D, Park J, Searson P, Lee K. Optical coding of fusion genes using multicolor quantum dots for prostate cancer diagnosis. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4397-4407 pubmed publisher..Here, we show detection of multiple TMPRSS2-ERG fusion genes using color-coded oligonucleotides in cell lysate and urine. ..
- Blasiak B, Barnes S, Foniok T, Rushforth D, Matyas J, Ponjevic D, et al. Comparison of T2 and T2*-weighted MR molecular imaging of a mouse model of glioma. BMC Med Imaging. 2013;13:20 pubmed publisher..4 T if the optimal pulse sequence is used. Hence, the use of flow compensated pulse sequences, beside SWI, should to be considered in the molecular imaging studies. ..
- Christopher F, Anbalagan S, Kumar P, Pannerselvam S, Vaidyanathan V. Surface adsorption of poisonous Pb(II) ions from water using chitosan functionalised magnetic nanoparticles. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:433-442 pubmed publisher..Sticking probability reported that adsorption of Pb(II) ions on CMNP was favourable at lower temperature and sticking capacity of Pb(II) ions was very high. ..
- Jurek P, Zabłocki K, Waśko U, Mazurek M, Otlewski J, Jelen F. Anti-FGFR1 aptamer-tagged superparamagnetic conjugates for anticancer hyperthermia therapy. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2941-2950 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that targeted ASCs selectively destroy FGFR1-overexpressing human osteosarcoma cells U2OS upon magnetic field irradiation. ..
- Monaco I, Arena F, Biffi S, Locatelli E, Bortot B, La Cava F, et al. Synthesis of Lipophilic Core-Shell Fe3O4@SiO2@Au Nanoparticles and Polymeric Entrapment into Nanomicelles: A Novel Nanosystem for in Vivo Active Targeting and Magnetic Resonance-Photoacoustic Dual Imaging. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:1382-1390 pubmed publisher
- Kumar R, Pandey K, Sahoo G, Das S, Das V, Topno R, et al. Development of high efficacy peptide coated iron oxide nanoparticles encapsulated amphotericin B drug delivery system against visceral leishmaniasis. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:1465-1471 pubmed publisher..The results obtained from this study revealed that AmB loaded GINPs is twofold effective than AmB and therefore, it opens a new avenue for use of AmB loaded GINPs against VL. ..
- Pashaei Y, Ghorbani Bidkorbeh F, Shekarchi M. Superparamagnetic graphene oxide-based dispersive-solid phase extraction for preconcentration and determination of tamsulosin hydrochloride in human plasma by high performance liquid chromatography-ultraviolet detection. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1499:21-29 pubmed publisher..Due to its high precision and accuracy, the developed method may be a HPLC-UV alternative with M-dSPE for bioequivalence analysis of TMS in human plasma. ..
- Bentahir Y, Elmarhoum S, Salghi R, Algarra M, Rios A, Zougagh M. Dispersed synthesis of uniform Fe3O4 magnetic nanoparticles via in situ decomposition of iron precursor along cotton fibre for Sudan dyes analysis in food samples. Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 2017;34:1853-1862 pubmed publisher
- Hajikarimi Z, Khoei S, Khoee S, Mahdavi S. Evaluation of the cytotoxic effects of PLGA coated iron oxide nanoparticles as a carrier of 5- fluorouracil and mega-voltage X-ray radiation in DU145 prostate cancer cell line. IEEE Trans Nanobioscience. 2014;13:403-8 pubmed publisher..PLGA coated iron oxide nanoparticles are therefore effective drug delivery vehicles for 5-FU. PLGA coated iron oxide nanoparticles are biocompatible and this coating is an appropriate surface that can penetrate into the cells. ..
- Mou X, Ali Z, Li S, He N. Applications of Magnetic Nanoparticles in Targeted Drug Delivery System. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2015;15:54-62 pubmed..This review discussed the possible organ toxicities of MNPs and their current advances as a drug delivery vehicle. ..
- Poller J, Zaloga J, Schreiber E, Unterweger H, Janko C, Radon P, et al. Selection of potential iron oxide nanoparticles for breast cancer treatment based on in vitro cytotoxicity and cellular uptake. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3207-3220 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data show significant dose-dependent and particle type-related response differences between various breast cancer and endothelial cells, indicating the utility of these particle types for distinct medical applications. ..
- Sadighian S, Rostamizadeh K, Hosseini M, Hamidi M, Hosseini Monfared H. Magnetic nanogels as dual triggered anticancer drug delivery: Toxicity evaluation on isolated rat liver mitochondria. Toxicol Lett. 2017;278:18-29 pubmed publisher..In the present study, chitosan/TPP nanogels containing magnetite nanoparticles (NPs) were prepared according to the ionotropic gelation method as novel pH-sensitive magnetic nanogels...
- Rozi S, Nodeh H, Kamboh M, Manan N, Mohamad S. Novel Palm Fatty Acid Functionalized Magnetite Nanoparticles for Magnetic Solid-Phase Extraction of Trace Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons from Environmental Samples. J Oleo Sci. 2017;66:771-784 pubmed publisher..The recyclability study revealed that MNP-FA has excellent reusability up to five times. Chromatrographic analysis demonstrated the suitability of MNP-FA as MSPE adsorbent for the efficient extraction of PAHs from environmental samples. ..
- Wang J, Geng S, Wang B, Shao Q, Fang Y, Wei Y. Magnetic nanoparticles and high-speed countercurrent chromatography coupled in-line and using the same solvent system for separation of quercetin-3-O-rutinoside, luteoloside and astragalin from a Mikania micrantha extract. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1508:42-52 pubmed publisher..The in-line combination of magnetic nanoparticles with high-speed countercurrent chromatography eluting with the same solvent system during the whole separation process was established for the first time. ..
- Ge S, Agbakpe M, Wu Z, Kuang L, Zhang W, Wang X. Influences of surface coating, UV irradiation and magnetic field on the algae removal using magnetite nanoparticles. Environ Sci Technol. 2015;49:1190-6 pubmed..This work demonstrated the application of magnetic magnetite nanoparticles (MNPs) coated with a cationic polymer, polyethylenimine (PEI), toward the separation of Scenedesmus ..
- Farzi Khajeh H, Safa K, Dastmalchi S. Arsanilic acid modified superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for Purification of alkaline phosphatase from hen's egg yolk. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:26-33 pubmed publisher..The results of this study showed that the novel magnetic nanocarriers were capable of purifying alkaline phosphatase in a practically time and cost effective way. ..
- Nordin N, Kanagesan S, Zamberi N, Yeap S, Abu N, Tamilselvan S, et al. Characterisation of sol-gel method synthesised MgZnFe2O4 nanoparticles and its cytotoxic effects on breast cancer cell line, MDA MB-231 in vitro. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:343-348 pubmed publisher..Higher reduction of cells viability was observed as the concentration of sample was increased in MDA MB-231 cell line than in MCF-7. Therefore, further cytotoxicity tests were performed on MDA MB-231 cell line. ..
- Zhao X, Zhao H, Chen Z, Lan M. Ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for magnetic resonance imaging contrast agent. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014;14:210-20 pubmed..This review will mainly discuss the synthesis of USPIOs and their applications as MRI contrast agent for disease detection. ..
- Su T, Wang Y, Wang J, Han D, Ma S, Cao J, et al. In Vivo Magnetic Resonance and Fluorescence Dual-Modality Imaging of Tumor Angiogenesis in Rats Using GEBP11 Peptide Targeted Magnetic Nanoparticles. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2016;12:1011-22 pubmed..In conclusion, CGD-MNPs are promising candidates for use as MR and fluorescence imaging probes for visualizing gastric cancer angiogenesis in vivo. ..
- Sharkey J, Starkey Lewis P, Barrow M, Alwahsh S, Noble J, Livingstone E, et al. Functionalized superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles provide highly efficient iron-labeling in macrophages for magnetic resonance-based detection in vivo. Cytotherapy. 2017;19:555-569 pubmed publisher..A positively charged dextran-coated SPION is a promising tool to noninvasively track hepatic macrophage localization for therapeutic monitoring. ..
- Zheng C, Wei P, Dai W, Wang L, Song B, Jia P, et al. Biocompatible magnetite nanoparticles synthesized by one-pot reaction with a cell membrane mimetic copolymer. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:863-871 pubmed publisher..composition as well as the ratio between the copolymers and iron ions on the performances of the magnetite nanoparticles were researched...
- Ramasamy M, Kim S, Lee S, Yi D. Recyclable Photo-Thermal Nano-Aggregates of Magnetic Nanoparticle Conjugated Gold Nanorods for Effective Pathogenic Bacteria Lysis. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2016;16:555-61 pubmed..Resultant novel properties of the nano-aggregates makes them a candidate to be used for a rapid, effective, and re-iterated photo-thermal agent against a wide variety of pathogens to attain microbe free water. ..
- Sohail A, Ahmad Z, Bég O, Arshad S, Sherin L. A review on hyperthermia via nanoparticle-mediated therapy. Bull Cancer. 2017;104:452-461 pubmed publisher..Besides thermal efficiency, the biocompatibility of magnetite nanoparticles assisted its deployment as efficient drug carrier for targeted therapeutic regimes...
- Baskar G, Ravi M, Panda J, Khatri A, Dev B, Santosham R, et al. Efficacy of Dipeptide-Coated Magnetic Nanoparticles in Lung Cancer Models Under Pulsed Electromagnetic Field. Cancer Invest. 2017;35:431-442 pubmed publisher..In vivo studies in nude mice lung tumor xenografts confirmed the presence in the tumors. Lung cancer cells pretreated with dipeptide-coated magnetic nanoparticles upon PEMF exposure induced cell death. ..
- Barahuie F, Dorniani D, Saifullah B, Gothai S, Hussein M, Pandurangan A, et al. Sustained release of anticancer agent phytic acid from its chitosan-coated magnetic nanoparticles for drug-delivery system. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2361-2372 pubmed publisher..No cytotoxic effect was observed on normal cells (3T3 fibroblast cells). This result indicates that PTA-CS-MNP nanocomposite can inhibit the proliferation of colon cancer cells without causing any harm to normal cell...
- Feng X, Gao F, Zheng Y. Thermally modulated photoacoustic imaging with super-paramagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles. Opt Lett. 2014;39:3414-7 pubmed publisher..Phantom experiments with super-paramagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (SPIONs) as contrast agents and alternating magnetic fields for heating are demonstrated. Further improvements toward clinical applications are also discussed. ..
- Asadi B, Landarani Isfahani A, Mohammadpoor Baltork I, Tangestaninejad S, Moghadam M, Mirkhani V, et al. Diastereoselective Synthesis of Symmetrical and Unsymmetrical Tetrahydropyridines Catalyzed by Bi(III) Immobilized on Triazine Dendrimer Stabilized Magnetic Nanoparticles. ACS Comb Sci. 2017;19:356-364 pubmed publisher
- Gadly T, Mohapatra P, Patre D, Gujar R, Gupta A, Ballal A, et al. Superparamagnetic graphene oxide-magnetite nanoparticle composites for uptake of actinide ions from mildly acidic feeds. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1513:18-26 pubmed publisher..The very high uptake values suggest possible application of the magnetic nanoparticles in radioactive waste remediation in natural ground water. ..
- Tran T, Tran P, Yoon T, Lee B. Fattigation-platform theranostic nanoparticles for cancer therapy. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:1161-1167 pubmed publisher..Our findings strongly suggest that this nanoparticle system can serve as a platform for cancer therapy by the incorporation of chemical drugs. ..
- Ahmad H, Rajagopal K, Shah A, Bhat A, Venugopal K. Study of bio-fabrication of iron nanoparticles and their fungicidal property against phytopathogens of apple orchards. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:230-235 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the field study on pathogenic fungi can be an effective step to verify their agricultural applications. ..
- Hu Q, Liu Y, Gu X, Zhao Y. Adsorption behavior and mechanism of different arsenic species on mesoporous MnFe2O4 magnetic nanoparticles. Chemosphere. 2017;181:328-336 pubmed publisher..The results would help to know the interaction of arsenic species with iron-manganese minerals and the mobility of arsenic species in natural environments. ..
- Umarao P, Bose S, Bhattacharyya S, Kumar A, Jain S. Neuroprotective Potential of Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles Along with Exposure to Electromagnetic Field in 6-OHDA Rat Model of Parkinson's Disease. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2016;16:261-9 pubmed..The results demonstrate neuroprotective effect of iron oxide nanoparticle implantation and magnetic field exposure in an in vivo 6-OHDA rat model of PD. ..
- Nguyen P, Cong V, Son S, Min J. Fabrication of Magnetic Upconversion Nanohybrid for Luminescent Resonance Energy Transfer-Based Detection of Glutathione. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2015;15:7950-4 pubmed..In the presence of glutathione, the disulfide bridges between AuNPs and Fe3O4/UCP@SiO2 was cleaved and the amount of glutathione could be traced by the restored luminescence (ON state) of the nanohybrids after magnetic separation. ..
- Chekhun V, Demash D, Nalieskina L. [Evaluation of biological effects and possible mechanisms of action of static magnetic field]. Fiziol Zh. 2012;58:85-94 pubmed..Such disruption causes oxidative stress, and, as a result, damages ion channels, leading to changes in cell morphology and expression of different genes and proteins, and also changes in apoptosis and proliferation. ..
- Du X, He Q, Zhang L, Liu C, Zhu J, Kuang B, et al. Selective and Cleavable Extraction of Sialo-glycoproteins by Disulfide-Linked Amino-oxy-Functionalized Fe3O4 Magnetic Nanoparticles. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:2514-2517 pubmed publisher..On-bead digestion of the peptides were analyzed by tandem mass spectrometry. The results indicated that this method could selectively separate the majority of cell-surface sialo-glycoproteins...
- Pant B, Park M, Lee J, Kim H, Park S. Novel magnetically separable silver-iron oxide nanoparticles decorated graphitic carbon nitride nano-sheets: A multifunctional photocatalyst via one-step hydrothermal process. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2017;496:343-352 pubmed publisher..The obtained results showed that the synthesized material has potential as an economically friendly photocatalyst for environmental and energy applications. ..
- Luo X, Peng X, Hou J, Wu S, Shen J, Wang L. Folic acid-functionalized polyethylenimine superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles as theranostic agents for magnetic resonance imaging and PD-L1 siRNA delivery for gastric cancer. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:5331-5343 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the potential of this class of multifunctional theranostic nanoparticles for effective targeted PD-L1-knockdown therapy and MRI diagnosis in gastric cancers. ..
- Labbeiki G, Attar H, Heydarinasab A, Sorkhabadi S, Rashidi A. Enhanced oxygen transfer rate and bioprocess yield by using magnetite nanoparticles in fermentation media of erythromycin. Daru. 2014;22:66 pubmed publisherb>Magnetite nanoparticles have widespread biomedical applications...
- Mbeh D, Javanbakht T, Tabet L, Merhi Y, Maghni K, Sacher E, et al. Protein Corona Formation on Magnetite Nanoparticles: Effects of Culture Medium Composition, and Its Consequences on Superparamagnetic Nanoparticle Cytotoxicity. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2015;11:828-40 pubmed..We have shown that the application of complementary methods has provided novel insights into SPION/protein interactions. ..
- Gao Y, Lim J, Teoh S, Xu C. Emerging translational research on magnetic nanoparticles for regenerative medicine. Chem Soc Rev. 2015;44:6306-29 pubmed..In this review paper, we intend to summarize current advances, challenges, and future opportunities of magnetic nanoparticles for regenerative medicine. ..
- Wu Q, Jin R, Feng T, Liu L, Yang L, Tao Y, et al. Iron oxide nanoparticles and induced autophagy in human monocytes. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3993-4005 pubmed publisher..Taken together, autophagic activation in human monocytes may play a protective role against the cytotoxicity of iron oxide nanoparticles. ..
- Robinson S, Boult J, Vasudev N, Reynolds A. Monitoring the Vascular Response and Resistance to Sunitinib in Renal Cell Carcinoma In Vivo with Susceptibility Contrast MRI. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4127-4134 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(15); 4127-34. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Busayapongchai P, Siri S. Simple assay for screening phytoestrogenic compounds using the oestrogen receptor immobilised magnetite nanoparticles. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:395-402 pubmed publisher..E2) to the human ligand binding domain of oestrogen receptor (LBD-ER) that was immobilised on the magnetite nanoparticles (MNPs). The 40-kDa LBD-ER peptide was produced in an Escherichia coli system. The synthesised 68...
- Wang C, Zhang K, Zhou Z, Li Q, Shao L, Hao R, et al. Vancomycin-modified Fe3O4@SiO2@Ag microflowers as effective antimicrobial agents. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3077-3094 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that Van/Fe3O4@SiO2@Ag microflowers exhibit promising applications in the antibacterial fields. ..
- Hamidi F, Hadjmohammadi M, Aghaie A. Ultrasound-assisted dispersive magnetic solid phase extraction based on amino-functionalized Fe3O4 adsorbent for recovery of clomipramine from human plasma and its determination by high performance liquid chromatography: Optimization by experimental . J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1063:18-24 pubmed publisher..Limit of detection (LOD) and limit of quantification (LOQ) were 0.005 and 0.0167mgL-1, respectively. The established UADM-SPE-HPLC-UV method was rapid, simple and efficient for determination of CLP in human plasma samples. ..
- Li X, Feng J, Zhang R, Wang J, Su T, Tian Z, et al. Quaternized Chitosan/Alginate-Fe3O4 Magnetic Nanoparticles Enhance the Chemosensitization of Multidrug-Resistant Gastric Carcinoma by Regulating Cell Autophagy Activity in Mice. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2016;12:948-61 pubmed..In conclusion, HTCC-MNPs significantly inhibited MDR gastric tumor growth and reduced tumor volume via the induction of cellular autophagy and apoptosis, which was attributed to mitochondrial dysfunction and excessive ROS accumulation. ..
- Gramoun A, Crowe L, Maurizi L, Wirth W, Tobalem F, Grosdemange K, et al. Monitoring the effects of dexamethasone treatment by MRI using in vivo iron oxide nanoparticle-labeled macrophages. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R131 pubmed publisher..We have demonstrated the feasibility of MRI tracking of in vivo SPION-labeled macrophages to assess RA treatment effects. ..