Summary: Form in which product is processed or wrapped and labeled. PRODUCT LABELING is also available.
- Doxey J, Hammond D. Deadly in pink: the impact of cigarette packaging among young women. Tob Control. 2011;20:353-60 pubmed publisher..Plain' packaging--removing colours and design elements--and removing descriptors such as 'slims' from packs may reduce brand appeal and thereby susceptibility to smoking among young women. ..
- Hoek J, Wong C, Gendall P, Louviere J, Cong K. Effects of dissuasive packaging on young adult smokers. Tob Control. 2011;20:183-8 pubmed publisher..The findings support the introduction of plain packaging and suggest use of unbranded package space to feature larger health warnings would further promote cessation. ..
- Pollay R, Dewhirst T. The dark side of marketing seemingly "Light" cigarettes: successful images and failed fact. Tob Control. 2002;11 Suppl 1:I18-31 pubmed..Corporate documents demonstrate that cigarette manufacturers recognised the inherent deceptiveness of cigarette brands described as "Light"or "Ultra-Light" because of low machine measured yields. ..
- Wakefield M, Morley C, Horan J, Cummings K. The cigarette pack as image: new evidence from tobacco industry documents. Tob Control. 2002;11 Suppl 1:I73-80 pubmed..Many smokers are misled by pack design into thinking that cigarettes may be "safer". There is a need to consider regulation of cigarette packaging. ..
- Weiss S, Smith Simone S. Consumer and health literacy: The need to better design tobacco-cessation product packaging, labels, and inserts. Am J Prev Med. 2010;38:S403-13 pubmed publisherTobacco-cessation product packaging and instruction materials may not be appropriate for some smokers and may contribute to the underuse and misuse of evidence-based treatments...
- Lougheed T. Invasive species: Pallet-able change in Canada. Environ Health Perspect. 2009;117:A489 pubmed
- Givel M, Glantz S. The "global settlement" with the tobacco industry: 6 years later. Am J Public Health. 2004;94:218-24 pubmed..The policies that have been developed since 1997 have advanced tobacco control substantially, often beyond the provisions of the global settlement. ..
- Chang J, Ho K, Su F. Kinetic analysis of the thumb in jar-opening activity among female adults. Ergonomics. 2008;51:843-57 pubmed publisher..4% to 23.9%. The contribution ratios suggest that the thumb may offer a force equivalent to the other digits rather than just a counter force in this activity. ..
- Paek H, Reid L, CHOI H, Jeong H. Promoting health (implicitly)? A longitudinal content analysis of implicit health information in cigarette advertising, 1954-2003. J Health Commun. 2010;15:769-87 pubmed publisher..The potential impact of implicit health information is discussed in the contexts of social cognition and Social Cognitive Theory. Policy implications regarding our findings are also detailed. ..
- Szumigaj J, Zakowska Z, Klimek L. Exopolysaccharide production by Bacillus strains colonizing packaging foils. Pol J Microbiol. 2008;57:281-7 pubmed..It was determined that the biofilm on the material surface positively affects its biodegradation. Based on the results, we conclude that the biodegradation of polymers may be accelerated in low-nutrient environment. ..
- Rentetzi M. Packaging radium, selling science: boxes, bottles and other mundane things in the world of science. Ann Sci. 2011;68:375-99 pubmed..In addition, 'epistemic' points to the fact that the package is an artefact that ascribes meaning to and shapes its content while at the same time working as a device for distinguishing between patent and orthodox medicines...
- Vallini G. Let compost heap microbes graze on truly degradable plastics. Waste Manag Res. 2004;22:69-70 pubmed
- Maher J, Schub T. Laboratory rodent transportation supplies. Lab Anim (NY). 2004;33:29-32 pubmed
- Qu W, Busscher H, van der Mei H, Hooymans J. Bacterial adhesion forces to Ag-impregnated contact lens cases and transmission to contact lenses. Cornea. 2013;32:326-31 pubmed publisher..This calls for a balanced combination of antimicrobial lens care solutions and surface properties of a lens case and CL. ..
- Vink E, Rábago K, Glassner D, Springs B, O Connor R, Kolstad J, et al. The sustainability of NatureWorks polylactide polymers and Ingeo polylactide fibers: an update of the future. Macromol Biosci. 2004;4:551-64 pubmed
- Haydary J, Susa D, Dudas J. Pyrolysis of aseptic packages (tetrapak) in a laboratory screw type reactor and secondary thermal/catalytic tar decomposition. Waste Manag. 2013;33:1136-41 pubmed publisher..The effect of catalyst on the tetrapack distribution into the product yield on the composition of gas and on the total organic carbon in the tar product is presented in this work. ..
- Borland R, Savvas S. Effects of stick design features on perceptions of characteristics of cigarettes. Tob Control. 2013;22:331-7 pubmed publisher..A comprehensive policy to eliminate promotional aspects of cigarette design and packaging needs to include rules about stick design. ..
- Adams M, Effertz T. [Excise taxes on tobacco and the problem of smuggling - concerning the credibility of the tobacco industry's "Discarded-Cigarette-Packages-Study"]. Gesundheitswesen. 2011;73:705-12 pubmed publisher..The industry's claim that two thirds of non-taxed cigarettes in Germany are imported illegally, thus lacks any sound, well-grounded empirical corroboration. ..
- Stroncek D, Byrne K, Noguchi C, Schechter A, Leitman S. Increasing hemoglobin oxygen saturation levels in sickle trait donor whole blood prevents hemoglobin S polymerization and allows effective white blood cell reduction by filtration. Transfusion. 2004;44:1293-9 pubmed..5-L CLX bags, all units filtered completely, but one had a high residual WBC count. Storage of Hb AS whole blood in large-capacity oxygen-permeable bags increases oxygen tension and allows more effective WBC reduction by filtration. ..
- Luksiene Z, Buchovec I, Paskeviciute E. Inactivation of Bacillus cereus by Na-chlorophyllin-based photosensitization on the surface of packaging. J Appl Microbiol. 2010;109:1540-8 pubmed publisher..Our data support the idea that Na-Chl-based photosensitization has great potential for future application as an environment-friendly, nonthermal surface decontamination technique. ..
- Sakon N, Yamazaki K, Yoda T, Kanki M, Otake T, Tsukamoto T. A norovirus outbreak of gastroenteritis linked to packed lunches. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2005;58:253 pubmed
- Szewczyk N, Mancinelli R, McLamb W, Reed D, Blumberg B, Conley C. Caenorhabditis elegans survives atmospheric breakup of STS-107, space shuttle Columbia. Astrobiology. 2005;5:690-705 pubmed
- Youssef A, Kamel S, El Samahy M. Morphological and antibacterial properties of modified paper by PS nanocomposites for packaging applications. Carbohydr Polym. 2013;98:1166-72 pubmed publisher..The inhibitory effect of modified paper sheets against Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus aureus, Candida, and Staphylococcus were investigated. ..
- Prout R, Underwood S. Loose caps packaged with breathing filters. Anaesthesia. 2007;62:297 pubmed
- Sonkaew P, Sane A, Suppakul P. Antioxidant activities of curcumin and ascorbyl dipalmitate nanoparticles and their activities after incorporation into cellulose-based packaging films. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:5388-99 pubmed publisher..In addition, we suggest that Ccm-NPs and ADP-NPs can be used to reduce the dosage of Ccm and ADP and improve their bioavailability, and thus merit further investigation for antioxidant packaging film and coating applications. ..
- Ritz R, Previtera J. Oxygen supplies during a mass casualty situation. Respir Care. 2008;53:215-24; discussion 224-5 pubmed..They may also be appropriate selections for governmental emergency-response scenarios. Careful consideration of the strengths and limitations of each of these options can reduce the impact of a mass casualty event. ..
- Song A, Brown P, Glantz S. When health policy and empirical evidence collide: the case of cigarette package warning labels and economic consumer surplus. Am J Public Health. 2014;104:e42-51 pubmed publisher..Continued application of a consumer surplus discount will undermine sensible policies to reduce tobacco use and other policies to promote public health. ..
- Ahn J, Min Kim S, Hwan Noh T, Jung O. Pseudorotaxane-type n-hydrocarbon container. Metallacyclodimer of ionic palladium(II) complexes containing 1,3-bis(4-pyridyl)tetramethyldisiloxane. Dalton Trans. 2011;40:8520-2 pubmed publisher..This system is the first pseudorotaxane-type petroleum container achieved via the appropriate size effect. ..
- Andres C, Larraza I, Corrales T, Kotov N. Nanocomposite microcontainers. Adv Mater. 2012;24:4597-600 pubmed publisher..The microcontainers can act as inert packaging with slow/controlled release for virtually any type of encapsulating material based on clay nanocomposites 3D molded by PDMS templates and capped with another LBL film. ..
- de M Guimarães L, Pessa S, Biguelini C. Analysis of the workload imposed on the workers of the imprint and cutting/welding sectors of a flexible packaging manufacturer. Work. 2012;41 Suppl 1:1647-55 pubmed publisher..The levels of urinary catecholamines and salivary cortisol were consistent with the workers biological clock showing that none of the workers changed his/her biological cycle to accommodate to the time of the shift schedule. ..
- Feil A, Thoden van Velzen E, Jansen M, Vitz P, Go N, Pretz T. Technical assessment of processing plants as exemplified by the sorting of beverage cartons from lightweight packaging wastes. Waste Manag. 2016;48:95-105 pubmed publisher..Due to the test character of the sorting trials the plant parameterization was not ideal for this sorting task and consequently the results should be interpreted with care. ..
- Francisco B, Caldas L, Brum D, Cassella R. Novel spectrophotometric method for the determination of aluminum in soda drinks packed in cans and plastic bottles. J Hazard Mater. 2010;181:485-90 pubmed publisher..The limits of detection and quantification were 0.81 and 2.7 microg L(-1), respectively. The methodology was successfully applied in the determination of aluminum in 10 samples of soda drinks packed in cans and plastic bottles. ..
- Freeman B, Chapman S. Open source marketing: Camel cigarette brand marketing in the "Web 2.0" world. Tob Control. 2009;18:212-7 pubmed publisher..There are also lessons in the open source marketing movement for more effective tobacco control measures including interactive social marketing campaigns and requiring plain packaging of tobacco products. ..
- ..The elegant woody note lives here its own eccentric life--the revolution starts. ..
- Sakuma T, Hattori T, Deshusses M. Comparison of different packing materials for the biofiltration of air toxics. J Air Waste Manag Assoc. 2006;56:1567-75 pubmed..The analyses suggest that favorable material properties and the nutrients slowly released by the CBP provided better environmental conditions for the process culture. ..
- Lavee D. A cost-benefit analysis of a deposit-refund program for beverage containers in Israel. Waste Manag. 2010;30:338-45 pubmed publisher..This analysis reveals greater savings than are usually assumed, and thus shows the deposit-refund program to be highly efficient. ..
- Rhim J, Kim J. Properties of poly(lactide)-coated paperboard for the use of 1-way paper cup. J Food Sci. 2009;74:E105-11 pubmed publisher..All the test results indicated that the PLA-coated paperboard can be exploited for the manufacturing of 1-way paper cups as an alternative to the PE-coated paperboard. ..
- Kroon J. The relation between toothpaste usage and fluorosis: a cause for concern?. SADJ. 2001;56:20-7 pubmed..The dental profession, manufacturers of toothpaste and government all have a role to play in the prevention of fluorosis in the toothbrushing population of South Africa. ..
- Curth L. The commercialisation of medicine in the popular press: English almanacs 1640-1700. Seventeenth Century. 2002;17:48-69 pubmed
- Smith P, Jordan H, Hoffman J, Eller P, Balkey S. Risk ranking of LANL nuclear material storage containers for repackaging prioritization. Health Phys. 2007;92:S87-97 pubmed..This risk-based methodology is being applied at LANL to repackage the highest risk materials first and, thus, accelerate the reduction of risk to nuclear material handlers. ..
- Phillips K, Stotland N, Liang S, Spetz J, Haas J, Oren E. Out-of-pocket expenditures for oral contraceptives and number of packs per purchase. J Am Med Womens Assoc (1972). 2004;59:36-42 pubmed..Out-of-pocket costs and dispensing restrictions may be barriers to consistent use of OCPs. Women's health care providers should consider options to overcome these barriers, such as the use of mail order prescription services. ..
- Nabar Y, Raquez J, Dubois P, Narayan R. Production of starch foams by twin-screw extrusion: effect of maleated poly(butylene adipate-co-terephthalate) as a compatibilizer. Biomacromolecules. 2005;6:807-17 pubmed..Also, the resulting starch foams exhibited improved hydrophobic properties in terms of lower weight gain and higher dimensional stability on moisture sorption. ..
- Donovan T. The selection of contemporary restorative materials: anecdote vs. evidence-based?. J Calif Dent Assoc. 2006;34:129-34 pubmed..This article will attempt to evaluate the validity of these sources and will provide a philosophical matrix to assist the practitioner in making rational decisions relative to materials selection. ..
- Constantinides J, Wong M, Kat C. Drains post-breast reconstruction surgery: a necessity difficult to contain. Int J Surg. 2007;5:134-5 pubmed
- Nakamura H, Tohyama K, Tanaka M, Shinohara S, Tokunaga Y, Kurusu F, et al. Development of a package-free transparent disposable biosensor chip for simultaneous measurements of blood constituents and investigation of its storage stability. Biosens Bioelectron. 2007;23:621-6 pubmed..6 times better in terms of the reproducibility of correlation coefficients from the 16 calibration curves. ..
- Yang H. [Optimize solution to tracking system of non-sterile implant medical device]. Zhongguo Yi Liao Qi Xie Za Zhi. 2009;33:288-91 pubmed..This solution can greatly raise the reliability of non-sterile implant medical device tracking system, without increasing labour cost. ..
- Wang K, Chen F, Liu Z, Luo X, Liu S. Design of compact freeform lens for application specific Light-Emitting Diode packaging. Opt Express. 2010;18:413-25 pubmed publisher..The tolerances of horizontal, vertical and rotational deviations of this lens were 0.11 mm, 0.14 mm and 2.4 degrees respectively, which were acceptable in engineering. ..