patient education as topic
Summary: The teaching or training of patients concerning their own health needs.
- Mercieca C, Cassar S, Borg A. Listening to patients: improving the outpatient service. Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2014;27:44-53 pubmed..Service providers need to obtain the patients' healthcare perspectives to ensure that services are built around their needs. This article fulfils an identified need to study how patients perceive service quality. ..
- Kuster A, Dalsbø T, Luong Thanh B, Agarwal A, Durand Moreau Q, Kirkehei I. Computer-based versus in-person interventions for preventing and reducing stress in workers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017;8:CD011899 pubmed publisher..We could include only two studies with small sample sizes. We have very little confidence in the effect estimates. It is very likely that future studies will change these conclusions. ..
- Powers M, Bardsley J, Cypress M, Duker P, Funnell M, Fischl A, et al. Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support in Type 2 Diabetes: A Joint Position Statement of the American Diabetes Association, the American Association of Diabetes Educators, and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015;115:1323-34 pubmed publisher
- Tricou C, Ruer M, Ledoux M, Perceau Chambard É, Decrept D, Chabloz C, et al. [Improving the quality of cancer pain management in palliative care unit: Targeted clinical audit]. Bull Cancer. 2017;104:636-643 pubmed publisher..We need to continue to implement the improvement measures in our unit. ..
- Windecker S, Kolh P, Alfonso F, Collet J, Cremer J, Falk V, et al. 2014 ESC/EACTS Guidelines on myocardial revascularization: The Task Force on Myocardial Revascularization of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS)Developed with the special contribut. Eur Heart J. 2014;35:2541-619 pubmed publisher
- Walitzer K, Dermen K, Connors G. Strategies for preparing clients for treatment. A review. Behav Modif. 1999;23:129-51 pubmed..Both motivational interviewing and psychotherapy preparatory techniques are relatively brief and easy to incorporate into existing mental health care. ..
- Miglioretti D, Smith Bindman R. Overuse of computed tomography and associated risks. Am Fam Physician. 2011;83:1252-4 pubmed
- Zheng X, Woo B. E-mental health in ethnic minority: A comparison of youtube and talk-based educational workshops in dementia. Asian J Psychiatr. 2017;25:246-248 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, viewer appeals need to be addressed by making the first few minutes engaging. ..
- Demarco T, Peshkin B, Mars B, Tercyak K. Patient satisfaction with cancer genetic counseling: a psychometric analysis of the Genetic Counseling Satisfaction Scale. J Genet Couns. 2004;13:293-304 pubmed..Implications and recommendations are discussed. ..
- Dixon L, Glynn S, Cohen A, Drapalski A, Medoff D, Fang L, et al. Outcomes of a brief program, REORDER, to promote consumer recovery and family involvement in care. Psychiatr Serv. 2014;65:116-20 pubmed publisher..REORDER participants had significantly reduced paranoid ideation and increased recovery at follow-up. Participation in REORDER led to marked increases in family participation and improved consumer outcomes. ..
- Mahnert N, Kamdar N, Lim C, Skinner B, Hassett A, Kocher K, et al. Risk Factors for Emergency Department Visits After Hysterectomy for Benign Disease. Obstet Gynecol. 2017;130:296-304 pubmed publisher..Emergency department visits might be avoided with expanded perioperative education and improved communication pathways for high-risk patients. ..
- Eschalier B, Descamps S, Pereira B, Vaillant Roussel H, Girard G, Boisgard S, et al. Randomized blinded trial of standardized written patient information before total knee arthroplasty. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178358 pubmed publisher..A study assessing the impact of the booklet combined with a exercise program would be helpful. Level I, randomized controlled double-blind trial; see S1 CONSORT Checklist. clinicaltrials.gov #NCT01747759. ..
- Nippoldt T. Mayo Clinic office visit. Adrenal fatigue. An interview with Todd Nippoldt, M.D. Mayo Clin Womens Healthsource. 2010;14:6 pubmed
- Murthy V, Weaving S, Paneesha S. Imbruvica®?(ibrutinib) patient support programme for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia and mantle cell lymphoma. Br J Nurs. 2017;26:S20-S25 pubmed publisher..The You&i programme was tested at an NHS hospital. Case studies of patients and feedback from health professionals who have used this service show its potential benefits to the patient experience and service delivery. ..
- Peltzer K, Weiss S, Soni M, Lee T, Rodriguez V, Cook R, et al. A cluster randomized controlled trial of lay health worker support for prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) in South Africa. AIDS Res Ther. 2017;14:61 pubmed publisher..The enhanced intervention administered by trained lay health workers did not have any salutary impact on HIV infant status, ART adherence, HIV and PMTCT knowledge. Trial registration clinicaltrials.gov: number NCT02085356. ..
- Lanari M, Capretti M, Decembrino L, Natale F, Pedicino R, Pugni L, et al. Focus on pandemic 2009 H1N1 influenza (swine flu). Minerva Pediatr. 2010;62:39-40 pubmed..Rigorous attention to Standard Precautions and Droplet Precautions is required to reduce the opportunities for the transmission of the infection in the health-care setting. ..
- Cabibbe M, Montoli A, Cassaro F, Cortesi P, D Oria R, Izzo M, et al. [Dialysis and cookers: a project for the empowerment of patients in managing their own chronic renal failure]. G Ital Nefrol. 2017;34:70-84 pubmed..The poor dietary knowledge detected in our patients and the satisfaction about the course both confirm the training needs in this area. ..
- Boxell E, Amoaku W, Bradley C. Healthcare experiences of patients with age-related macular degeneration: have things improved? Cross-sectional survey responses of Macular Society members in 2013 compared with 1999. BMJ Open. 2017;7:e012790 pubmed publisher..001). Patients diagnosed with AMD after 1999 (vs before 1999) reported better experiences at diagnostic consultation. However, information and support provision at diagnosis, and satisfaction with GPs remained low. ..
- Walsh J, Boyle J. Improving acute psychiatric hospital services according to inpatient experiences. A user-led piece of research as a means to empowerment. Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2009;30:31-8 pubmed publisher..The authors also make a case to improve the status of user-led research as a means to understand the needs of mental health service users. ..
- Chew B, Vos R, Shariff Ghazali S, Shamsuddin N, Fernández A, Mukhtar F, et al. The effectiveness of a value-based EMOtion-cognition-Focused educatIonal programme to reduce diabetes-related distress in Malay adults with Type 2 diabetes (VEMOFIT): study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial. BMC Endocr Disord. 2017;17:22 pubmed publisher..The results of this study can contribute to better care for T2DM patients with DRD. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT02730078 . Registered on 29 March 2016, last updated on 4 January 2017. ..
- Al HadiHasan A, Callaghan P, Lymn J. Qualitative process evaluation of a psycho-educational intervention targeted at people diagnosed with schizophrenia and their primary caregivers in Jordan. BMC Psychiatry. 2017;17:68 pubmed publisher..Current Controlled Trials ISRCTN78084871 . Retrospectively registered 28 December 2015. ..
- Greene K, Wyman A, Scott L, Hart S, Hoyte L, Bassaly R. Evaluation of patient preparedness for surgery: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:179.e1-179.e7 pubmed publisher..Greater preparedness was associated with patient perception of how much time the health care team spent with the patient but not actual time spent. ..
- Birch S, Stilling M, Mechlenburg I, Hansen T. Effectiveness of a physiotherapist delivered cognitive-behavioral patient education for patients who undergoes operation for total knee arthroplasty: a protocol of a randomized controlled trial. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017;18:116 pubmed publisher..We expect that the results can provide important new knowledge to the current care recommendations. Clinical Trials ( NCT02587429 ). Registered 23 October 2015. ..
- Bourmaud A, Anota A, Moncharmont C, Tinquaut F, Oriol M, Trillet Lenoir V, et al. Cancer-related fatigue management: evaluation of a patient education program with a large-scale randomised controlled trial, the PEPs fatigue study. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:849-858 pubmed publisher..Other assessment tools should be developed to measure the effect of the program on CRF and behaviour. The implementation of the program should also be explored in order to identify its mechanisms and longer-term impact. ..
- Pillay J, Armstrong M, Butalia S, Donovan L, Sigal R, Chordiya P, et al. Behavioral Programs for Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2015;163:836-47 pubmed publisher..PROSPERO registration number: CRD42014010515). Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (PROSPERD registration number: CRD42014010515). ..
- Millen B, Wolongevicz D, de Jesus J, Nonas C, Lichtenstein A. 2013 American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Guideline on Lifestyle Management to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk: practice opportunities for registered dietitian nutritionists. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014;114:1723-9 pubmed publisher
- Go A, Bauman M, Coleman King S, Fonarow G, Lawrence W, Williams K, et al. An effective approach to high blood pressure control: a science advisory from the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:1230-1238 pubmed publisher
- ..When implemented by trained oral health professionals in dental clinics, therapeutic education proves highly efficient. ..
- Litchfield I, Fitzmaurice D, Apenteng P, Harrison S, Heneghan C, Ward A, et al. Prevention of hospital-acquired thrombosis from a primary care perspective: a qualitative study. Br J Gen Pract. 2016;66:e593-602 pubmed publisher..In turn, this relies on the allocation of appropriate funds to allow practices to meet the increased demand on their time and resources. ..
- . ACOG Committee Opinion No. 486: Update on carrier screening for cystic fibrosis. Obstet Gynecol. 2011;117:1028-31 pubmed publisher..The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists' Committee on Genetics has updated current guidelines for cystic fibrosis screening practices among obstetrician-gynecologists. ..
- McClellan J, Stock S. Practice parameter for the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with schizophrenia. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2013;52:976-90 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to develop more effective and safer treatments. ..
- Scott A. Shift work and health. Prim Care. 2000;27:1057-79 pubmed..Vulnerable individuals may develop clinical depression when working shifts. Primary care practitioners may intervene by providing medical surveillance and educational programs for shift-working patients and their families. ..