Summary: Directions written for the obtaining and use of PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATIONS; MEDICAL DEVICES; corrective LENSES; and a variety of other medical remedies.
- Pohontsch N, Heser K, Löffler A, Haenisch B, Parker D, Luck T, et al. General practitioners' views on (long-term) prescription and use of problematic and potentially inappropriate medication for oldest-old patients-A qualitative interview study with GPs (CIM-TRIAD study). BMC Fam Pract. 2017;18:22 pubmed publisher..stronger dissemination of the PRISCUS list, better compensation of medication reviews, "positive lists", adequate patient information, multifaceted interventions and improved communication between general practitioners and specialists. ..
- Deelen J, Visser C, Prins J, van Hest R. Antimicrobial prophylaxis outside the operating theatre, an audit in a university hospital. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:296 pubmed publisher..The primary endpoint was the extent of prophylaxis relative to the total number of antimicrobial prescriptions. We also investigated per prescription the presence of a (local) protocol and adherence to these protocols...
- Randhawa A, Parikh J, Kuk J. Trends in medication use by body mass index and age between 1988 and 2012 in the United States. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184089 pubmed publisher..Further research may be required to assess accessibility and barriers to medication use among certain demographics. ..
- Horvat O, Tomas A, Paut Kusturica M, Savkov A, Bukumirić D, Tomić Z, et al. Is the level of knowledge a predictor of rational antibiotic use in Serbia?. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180799 pubmed publisher..Therefore, further rationalization should be focused on educational campaigns targeting the behavior of patients with regard to antibiotic use. ..
- Hagiwara H, Nishikawa R, Fukuzawa K, Tohkin M. The Survey of the Compliance Situation to the Antihypertensive Therapy Guideline by Analyzing Japanese National Claims Data. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2017;137:893-901 pubmed publisher..This study provided a clinically important information and demonstrated the utility of NDB for compliance assessment for therapeutics guideline. ..
- Pannu T, Sharkey S, Burek G, Cretu D, Hill M, Hogan D, et al. Medication use by middle-aged and older participants of an exercise study: results from the Brain in Motion study. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:105 pubmed publisher..The appropriateness of the high rate of medication use in this generally healthy population deserves further investigation. ..
- Redwood S, Ngwenya N, Hodson J, Ferner R, Coleman J. Effects of a computerized feedback intervention on safety performance by junior doctors: results from a randomized mixed method study. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2013;13:63 pubmed publisher..The construction of metrics used in clinical dashboards must take account of actual work processes. ISRCTN72253051. ..
- Romé A, Persson U, Ekdahl C, Gard G. Physical activity on prescription (PAP): costs and consequences of a randomized, controlled trial in primary healthcare. Scand J Prim Health Care. 2009;27:216-22 pubmed publisher..Long-term follow-up can determine the sustainability of the results, and can be used in a future cost-effectiveness analysis. ..
- Blanke C, LeBlanc M, Hershman D, Ellis L, Meyskens F. Characterizing 18 Years of the Death With Dignity Act in Oregon. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1403-1406 pubmed publisher..A retrospective observational cohort study of 991 Oregon residents who had prescriptions written as part of the state's Death with Dignity Act...
- Diwakar L, Cummins C, Ryan R, Marshall T, Roberts T. Prescription rates of adrenaline auto-injectors for children in UK general practice: a retrospective cohort study. Br J Gen Pract. 2017;67:e300-e305 pubmed publisher..To estimate the trends in annual GP-issued prescriptions for AAI among UK children between 2000 and 2012...
- Barnes P, Schoenborn C. Trends in adults receiving a recommendation for exercise or other physical activity from a physician or other health professional. NCHS Data Brief. 2012;:1-8 pubmed..Still, the prevalence of receiving this advice remains well below one-half of U.S. adults and varies substantially across population subgroups. ..
- Huybrechts K, Bateman B, Desai R, Hernandez diaz S, Rough K, Mogun H, et al. Risk of neonatal drug withdrawal after intrauterine co-exposure to opioids and psychotropic medications: cohort study. BMJ. 2017;358:j3326 pubmed publisher..atypical antipsychotics, benzodiazepines, gabapentin, and non-benzodiazepine hypnotics (Z drugs), with prescriptions filled within the same time window as prescriptions for opioids...