Summary: Facilities where dental care is provided to patients.
- Harte J, Charlton D. Characteristics of infection control programs in U.S. Air Force dental clinics: a survey. J Am Dent Assoc. 2005;136:885-92 pubmed..The authors mailed a 60-item self-administered survey to the commanders of all USAF dental clinics located in the United States and overseas (n=82)...
- Pasquarella C, Veronesi L, Castiglia P, Liguori G, Montagna M, Napoli C, et al. Italian multicentre study on microbial environmental contamination in dental clinics: a pilot study. Sci Total Environ. 2010;408:4045-51 pubmed publisher..A microbiological environmental investigation was carried out in six dental clinics as a pilot study for a larger multicentre study that will be performed by the Italian SItI (Society of Hygiene,..
- Gordon J, Andrews J, Albert D, Crews K, Payne T, Severson H. Tobacco cessation via public dental clinics: results of a randomized trial. Am J Public Health. 2010;100:1307-12 pubmed publisher..We randomized 14 federally funded community health center dental clinics that serve diverse racial/ethnic groups in 3 states (Mississippi, New York, and Oregon) to the intervention (..
- Dietz C, Ablah E, Reznik D, Robbins D. Patients' attitudes about rapid oral HIV screening in an urban, free dental clinic. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2008;22:205-12 pubmed publisher..for Disease Control recommendations for routine HIV screening in all health care settings could include dental clinics an important testing venue...
- Kikwilu E, Frencken J, Mulder J, Masalu J. Barriers to restorative care as perceived by dental patients attending government hospitals in Tanzania. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2009;37:35-44 pubmed publisher..A total of 1138 dental patients aged 15 years and above, attending 12 selected government dental clinics in January 2005, completed a pre-tested questionnaire...
- Larsen C, Larsen M, Handwerker L, Kim M, Rosenthal M. A comparison of urban school- and community-based dental clinics. J Sch Health. 2009;79:116-22 pubmed publisherThe objective of the study was to quantitatively compare school- and community-based dental clinics in New York City that provide dental services to children in need...
- Kikwilu E, Frencken J, Mulder J. Barriers to the adoption of the ART approach as perceived by dental practitioners in governmental dental clinics, in Tanzania. J Appl Oral Sci. 2009;17:408-13 pubmed..the practice of Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART) as perceived by dental practitioners working in pilot dental clinics, and determine the influence of these barriers on the practice of ART...
- Al Omari M, Al Dwairi Z. Compliance with infection control programs in private dental clinics in Jordan. J Dent Educ. 2005;69:693-8 pubmed
- Gordon J, Andrews J, Lichtenstein E, Severson H. The impact of a brief tobacco-use cessation intervention in public health dental clinics. J Am Dent Assoc. 2005;136:179-86; quiz 230-1 pubmed..Two public health dental clinics participated in this quasiexperimental design study...
- Blackstock O, King J, Mason R, Lee C, Mannheimer S. Evaluation of a rapid HIV testing initiative in an urban, hospital-based dental clinic. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2010;24:781-5 pubmed publisherPerforming rapid HIV testing in nontraditional clinical settings such as dental clinics is a potential method for targeting high-risk individuals who may not otherwise access health care settings that offer HIV testing...
- Shelley D, Anno J, Tseng T, Calip G, Wedeles J, Lloyd M, et al. Implementing tobacco use treatment guidelines in public health dental clinics in New York City. J Dent Educ. 2011;75:527-33 pubmed..the Public Health Service (PHS) guideline Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence in six randomly selected dental clinics in New York University's College of Dentistry...
- Hanibuchi T, Aida J, Nakade M, Hirai H, Kondo K. Geographical accessibility to dental care in the Japanese elderly. Community Dent Health. 2011;28:128-35 pubmed..Six types of geographical accessibility to the dental clinics were calculated using Geographic Information Systems...
- Pasquarella C, Veronesi L, Napoli C, Castiglia P, Liguori G, Rizzetto R, et al. Microbial environmental contamination in Italian dental clinics: A multicenter study yielding recommendations for standardized sampling methods and threshold values. Sci Total Environ. 2012;420:289-99 pubmed publisherA microbiological environmental investigation was carried out in ten dental clinics in Italy...
- Henriks Eckerman M, Alanko K, Jolanki R, Kerosuo H, Kanerva L. Exposure to airborne methacrylates and natural rubber latex allergens in dental clinics. J Environ Monit. 2001;3:302-5 pubmed..and natural rubber latex (NRL) allergens was studied during placing of composite resin restorations in six dental clinics in Finland...
- Gordon J, Severson H. Tobacco cessation through dental office settings. J Dent Educ. 2001;65:354-63 pubmed..The results of these studies also support the timeliness of further dissemination and diffusion of this program to practitioners, dental schools, and dental hygiene programs. ..
- Taani S, Awartani F. Clinical evaluation of cervical dentin sensitivity (CDS) in patients attending general dental clinics (GDC) and periodontal specialty clinics (PSC). J Clin Periodontol. 2002;29:118-22 pubmed..of this study was to compare the prevalence, severity and distribution of CDS in patients attending general dental clinics (GDC) and periodontal specialty clinics (PSC) and to correlate them to possible causal factors...
- Salti L, Whaites E. Survey of dental radiographic services in private dental clinics in Damascus, Syria. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2002;31:100-5 pubmedTo perform a radiographic survey of private dental clinics in Damascus, Syria using a postal questionnaire to produce recommendations for improving the quality of dental radiographic services and education in Syria...
- Chueh L, Chen S, Lee C, Hsu Y, Pai S, Kuo M, et al. Technical quality of root canal treatment in Taiwan. Int Endod J. 2003;36:416-22 pubmed..4%) or in the premolars (33%) was significantly greater (P < 0.001) than that in the molars (18.4%). Approximately 70% of the teeth receiving RCT in Taiwan were either of inadequate filling length or sealing density. ..
- Abebe W, Herman W, Konzelman J. Herbal supplement use among adult dental patients in a USA dental school clinic: prevalence, patient demographics, and clinical implications. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2011;111:320-5 pubmed publisher..This observation, coupled with the documented effects of the commonly used herbal products, should alert dental health caregivers to inquire about herbal supplement use when evaluating or treating their patients. ..
- Zini A, Pietrokovsky J. [Gerodontology teaching program at the geriatric dental clinic in Yad Sarah]. Refuat Hapeh Vehashinayim (1993). 2006;24:31-4, 73 pubmed..The Yad Sarah Dental Clinic offers a unique teaching program that contributes to enhancing knowledge in gerodontology. As the needs at the clinic change, so does the teaching program. ..
- Gotouda H, Kasai K, Kaneda T, Fukumoto M, Sasai H, Kobayashi S, et al. Associations among distributions of dental postgraduate residents, dentists and clinical training facilities in Japan. J Oral Sci. 2009;51:635-9 pubmed..65 (P < 0.01) in prefectures with dental colleges and r = 0.11 in those without dental colleges in 2006. The prefectures with high level of numbers of cooperative-type clinical training facilities had dental colleges. ..
- Brown L, Meskin L. Issues facing dental education and how to address them. J Calif Dent Assoc. 2005;33:781-6 pubmed
- Nadershahi N, Salmon E, Fathi N, Schmedders K, Hargis J. Review of outcomes from a change in faculty clinic management in a U.S. dental school. J Dent Educ. 2010;74:961-9 pubmed..Because the higher procedure numbers were for low-cost procedures, our transition to a generalist model did not necessarily enhance clinic income but may support student learning and enhanced patient care. ..
- Sandberg H, Fors U. The HIDEP model--a straightforward dental health care model for prevention-based practice management. Swed Dent J. 2007;31:171-9 pubmed..The model is used to measure, steer and evaluate the actions within a dental clinic involving patients as well as professionals. ..
- Kalenderian E, Walji M, Ramoni R. "Meaningful use" of EHR in dental school clinics: how to benefit from the U.S. HITECH Act's financial and quality improvement incentives. J Dent Educ. 2013;77:401-15 pubmed..Given the diverse set of patients who are treated at dental schools, these dental practices are among those most likely to benefit from the incentive programs. ..
- Shirck J, Firestone A, Beck F, Vig K, Huja S. Temporary anchorage device utilization: comparison of usage in orthodontic programs and private practice. Orthodontics (Chic.). 2011;12:222-31 pubmed..This survey detailed the trends and differences between practitioners and residencies in the TAD utilization experience and provided important information that is otherwise not available in the literature. ..
- Mashabi S, Mascarenhas A. Impact of community externships on the clinical performance of senior dental students. J Dent Educ. 2011;75:S36-41 pubmed..This study suggests that community clinic rotations could offset the loss of dental school revenues during the externship period. ..
- Waldman H. Dental establishments in New Jersey. J N J Dent Assoc. 2004;75:34-6 pubmed
- Abiodun Solanke I, Agbaje J, Ajayi D, Arotiba J. Prevalence of neck and back pain among dentists and dental auxiliaries in South-western Nigeria. Afr J Med Med Sci. 2010;39:137-42 pubmed..More females missed work due to back and neck pain than males. There is therefore the need to address ergonomic issues and change the way dentistry is practiced. ..
- Mitchell T, Mito R, Hong B, Kim M, Park N. A dental school and a bank: partnership for community service. J Calif Dent Assoc. 2005;33:562-4 pubmed..The concept of a public-private partnership of dissimilar business entities offers the possibility of a new means of support for dental schools. ..
- Alsmark S, Garcia J, Martínez M, López N. How to improve communication with deaf children in the dental clinic. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2007;12:E576-81 pubmed..the existence of associated problems (learning difficulties), degree of loss of hearing, age, etc. ..
- Hyde J, Bader J, Shugars D. Provisional crown failures in dental school predoctoral clinics. J Dent Educ. 2007;71:1414-9 pubmed..Review of provisional evaluation procedures is also indicated for faculty who do not routinely supervise these procedures. ..
- Lee S, Yoo S, Kay K, Kook J. Detection of hepatitis B virus and Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Korean dental patients. J Microbiol. 2004;42:239-42 pubmed..Accordingly, laboratory tests prior to surgical treatment are needed to determine the infectious state of dental patients in order to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases in dental clinics.
- Wallace B, Macentee M. Perspectives on community dental clinics and oral health inequities in British Columbia. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2013;24:943-53 pubmed publisherThis study investigates the expansion of community dental clinics to address oral health inequities in the province of British Columbia (BC) from the perspectives of dental professionals and allied service-providers...
- Al Zahrani M. Prehypertension and undiagnosed hypertension in a sample of dental school female patients. Int J Dent Hyg. 2011;9:74-8 pubmed publisher..There is a high prevalence of undiagnosed hypertension and prehypertension in the present sample. These results underscore the importance of routine blood pressure measurements in the dental clinics.
- Sponchiado E, de Souza T. [The study of ambulatory demand of the dental clinic of State University of Amazonas]. Cien Saude Colet. 2011;16 Suppl 1:993-7 pubmed..With a greater understanding of the reality of the users of the UEA dental clinic it will be possible to improve the planning of care and actions to improve the promotion of health. ..
- Mickenautsch S, Frencken J, van t H. Atraumatic restorative treatment and dental anxiety in outpatients attending public oral health clinics in South Africa. J Public Health Dent. 2007;67:179-84 pubmed..Although dental anxiety scores were lower both in child and in adult patients treated by ART than in those who received traditional restorative treatments, this positive effect had not resulted in higher restoration/extraction ratios. ..
- Nohlert E, Tegelberg A, Tillgren P, Johansson P, Rosenblad A, Helgason A. Comparison of a high and a low intensity smoking cessation intervention in a dentistry setting in Sweden: a randomized trial. BMC Public Health. 2009;9:121 pubmed publisher..The more extensive and expensive HIT-protocol should be offered to those who are unable to quit with the LIT approach in combination with other support. NCT00670514. ..
- Dewi F, Gundavarapu K, Cugati N. Importance-performance analysis of dental satisfaction among three ethnic groups in malaysia. Oral Health Prev Dent. 2013;11:131-9 pubmed publisher..The patients from the three major ethnic groups of Malaysia were generally well satisfied. Perhaps more priority should be placed on improving the interpersonal relationship attribute, especially with the receptionists. ..
- Bailit H, Beazoglou T, Formicola A, Tedesco L. Financing clinical dental education. J Dent Educ. 2008;72:128-36 pubmed..These are upper boundary estimates and vary greatly by school. The organizational and financial challenges of moving to these new educational models are discussed. ..
- Akaji E, Chukwuneke F, Okeke U. Attendance pattern amongst patients at the Dental Clinic of the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria. Niger J Med. 2012;21:74-7 pubmed..Asymptomatic dental clinic attendance was not common in this report; attendances were mostly prompted by pain. More females than males attended clinic and the second quarter of the year witnessed the highest turn out of patients. ..
- Taylor K, Kiyak A, Huang G, Greenlee G, Jolley C, King G. Effects of malocclusion and its treatment on the quality of life of adolescents. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2009;136:382-92 pubmed publisher..The children were recruited from orthodontic and pediatric dental clinics at the University of Washington and a community health clinic in Seattle...
- French J. The Queen's Medical Center Dental Clinic: committed to making a significant difference. Hawaii Dent J. 2004;35:14 pubmed
- Bos A, Hoogstraten J, Prahl Andersen B. Failed appointments in an orthodontic clinic. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2005;127:355-7 pubmed..It demonstrates that every research result, whether it is generated by evidence-based or tradition-based research, should be interpreted with care and should be replicated in other studies before the results can be generalized. ..
- Jadid K, Klein U, Meinke D. Assessment of noise exposures in a pediatric dentistry residency clinic. Pediatr Dent. 2011;33:343-8 pubmed
- Gioda A, Hanke G, Elias Boneta A, Jimenez Velez B. A pilot study to determine mercury exposure through vapor and bound to PM10 in a dental school environment. Toxicol Ind Health. 2007;23:103-13 pubmed..Levels of mercury bound to PM10 were low; however, mercury vapor was several times higher than the suggested OSHA (permissible exposure limit--100 microg/m3) in the DSL. ..
- Iqbal M, Chan S, Ku J. Relative frequency of teeth needing conventional and surgical endodontic treatment in patients treated at a graduate endodontic clinic--a Penn Endo database study. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2008;106:e62-7 pubmed publisher..Maxillary molars are more likely to receive surgical intervention than mandibular molars. These data call for further investigation into the reasons for such discrepancy. ..
- Ni Riordain R, McCreary C. Dental patients' use of the Internet. Br Dent J. 2009;207:583-6; 575 pubmed publisherTo determine the use of the Internet by patients attending a range of dental clinics to search for information regarding dental procedures, and also to investigate their interest in online dental consultations and 'dental tourism'...
- Adeniyi A, Adegbite K, Braimoh M, Ogunbanjo B. Factors affecting patient satisfaction at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital Dental Clinic. Afr J Med Med Sci. 2013;42:25-31 pubmed..The results indicate a high level of satisfaction with services provided at the LASUTH Dental Clinic. However, there is need for improvement in communication with patients and reduction in waiting time. ..
- Tellez M, Kaur S. Caregivers' satisfaction with pediatric dental care in a university clinical setting in North Philadelphia. J Dent Educ. 2013;77:1515-20 pubmed..Operational aspects related to access and motivational aspects such as fear of pain when seeking dental treatment were identified as barriers to treatment. ..
- Nyamuryekung e K, Lahti S, Tuominen R. The relative patient costs and availability of dental services, materials and equipment in public oral care facilities in Tanzania. BMC Oral Health. 2015;15:74 pubmed publisher..The local factors affecting availability were also studied. A survey of all district and regional dental clinics in selected regions was conducted in 2014. A total of 28/30 facilities participated in the study...
- Huntington M, Williams J, Mackenzie C. Endotoxin contamination in the dental surgery. J Med Microbiol. 2007;56:1230-4 pubmed..f.u. ml(-1)) was demonstrated. All of the aerosol samples contained detectable endotoxin. Further studies of the consequences of dental endotoxin exposure, and evaluation of means to prevent exposure, are warranted. ..