Summary: Planning and control of time to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Adams G, Jex S. Relationships between time management, control, work-family conflict, and strain. J Occup Health Psychol. 1999;4:72-7 pubmedThis article incorporates recent research regarding time management into a model of work-family conflict...
- Murray M, Berwick D. Advanced access: reducing waiting and delays in primary care. JAMA. 2003;289:1035-40 pubmed..Although these principles are powerful, they are counter to deeply held beliefs and established practices in health care organizations. Adopting these principles requires strong leadership investment and support. ..
- Anand V. A study of time management: the correlation between video game usage and academic performance markers. Cyberpsychol Behav. 2007;10:552-9 pubmed..The connection remains difficult because of the complex nature of student life and academic performance. Also, video game usage may simply be a function of specific personality types and characteristics. ..
- Van Eerde W. Procrastination at work and time management training. J Psychol. 2003;137:421-34 pubmedThe author examined the impact of time management training on self-reported procrastination. In an intervention study, 37 employees attended a 1 1/2-day time management training seminar...
- Peeters M, Rutte C. Time management behavior as a moderator for the job demand-control interaction. J Occup Health Psychol. 2005;10:64-75 pubmedThe interaction effects of time management, work demands, and autonomy on burnout were investigated in a survey study of 123 elementary teachers...
- Hall L, Ferguson Pare M, Peter E, White D, Besner J, Chisholm A, et al. Going blank: factors contributing to interruptions to nurses' work and related outcomes. J Nurs Manag. 2010;18:1040-7 pubmed publisher..Nurse leaders should examine ways in which nurses' work can benefit from system improvements to reduce interruptions that lead to patient safety issues such as treatment delays and loss of concentration. ..
- Robles J. The effect of the electronic medical record on nurses' work. Creat Nurs. 2009;15:31-5 pubmed..Well-designed and well-implemented computerized provider order entry (CPOE) systems can streamline nurses' work. Generational differences in acceptance of and facility with EMRs can be addressed through open, healthy communication. ..
- Laraque D. Health promotion: core concepts in building successful clinical encounters. Pediatr Ann. 2008;37:225-31 pubmed
- Kallestinova E. How to write your first research paper. Yale J Biol Med. 2011;84:181-90 pubmed..Each of those strategies represents a step in the revision process and should help the writer improve the quality of the manuscript. The paper could be considered a brief manual for publication. ..
- Madhan B, Kumar C, Naik E, Panda S, Gayathri H, Barik A. Trait procrastination among dental students in India and its influence on academic performance. J Dent Educ. 2012;76:1393-8 pubmed..150, p=0.039). These findings highlight the need for active measures to reduce the causes and consequences of procrastination in dental education. ..
- Rose V, Raymond H. Evaluation of nonprescription syringe sales in San Francisco. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2010;50:595-9 pubmed publisher..in the previous year, although surveys and interviews illustrated challenges associated with NPSS in terms of time management, educating patients about syringe disposal, and understanding patient preferences for syringes...
- Wu C, Kuo S, Lin H. Breastfeeding experiences of Taiwan nurses on rotational shifts. J Nurs Res. 2008;16:297-306 pubmed..Study results can provide a reference for shift workers who continue to breastfeed after they return to work. ..
- Ward Griffin C, St Amantr O, Brown J. Compassion fatigue within double duty caregiving: nurse-daughters caring for elderly parents. Online J Issues Nurs. 2011;16:4 pubmed publisher..In this article we review the compassion fatigue literature, report our most recent study methods and findings, and discuss our conclusions. ..
- Ramseier C, Ivanovic A, Woermann U, Mattheos N. Evaluation of a web-based application versus conventional instruction in the undergraduate curriculum of fixed prosthodontics. Eur J Dent Educ. 2012;16:224-31 pubmed publisher..Web-based delivery of identical content results in less overall studying time as compared to textbook delivery. These results appear independent of the students' own preference of the learning medium. ..
- Lanning S, Wetzel A, Baines M, Ellen Byrne B. Evaluation of a revised curriculum: a four-year qualitative study of student perceptions. J Dent Educ. 2012;76:1323-33 pubmed..As the curriculum is adapted in response to student feedback, ongoing evaluation is necessary and should be complemented by other evaluation indicators such as faculty perceptions and student learning outcomes. ..
- Brown S, Gibney T, Tarling R. Busy lifestyles and mammography screening: time pressure and women's reattendance likelihood. Psychol Health. 2013;28:928-38 pubmed publisher..Working hours did not predict attendance. Findings provide partial support for the idea that time pressure acts as a challenge for women with high self-efficacy. ..
- West C, Sadoski M. Do study strategies predict academic performance in medical school?. Med Educ. 2011;45:696-703 pubmed publisher..Attitude, Motivation, Concentration, Information Processing, Self-Testing, Selecting Main Idea, Study Aids, Time Management and Test-Taking Strategies...
- Podor M, Halliday T. Health status and the allocation of time. Health Econ. 2012;21:514-27 pubmed publisher..Notably, these correlations are higher for single people than for married people, perhaps reflecting a lack of market substitutes for the time of married people. ..
- Jannati Y, Mohammadi R, Seyedfatemi N. Iranian clinical nurses' coping strategies for job stress. J Occup Health. 2011;53:123-9 pubmed..Considering the high level of stress in the nursing profession, the findings of this study have implications for both hospital managers and Iranian clinical nurses. ..
- Häfner A, Stock A. Time management training and perceived control of time at work. J Psychol. 2010;144:429-47 pubmed publisherThe purpose of the present study was to examine the effects of time management training, which was based on psychological theory and research, on perceived control of time, perceived stress, and performance at work...
- Noreika D, Coyne P. Implementing Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Teams: Consultative Versus Integrative Models. Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am. 2015;27:297-306 pubmed publisher..Interdisciplinary teams of different structures may provide the ideal support for complex cases in critical care settings. ..
- Manning S. Simple staff-led change can revolutionize community services. Br J Community Nurs. 2009;14:551-2 pubmed
- Marjamaa R, Vakkuri A, Kirvela O. Operating room management: why, how and by whom?. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2008;52:596-600 pubmed publisher..Pre-operative clinic and functionally designed facilities support efficiency. OR personnel must be kept motivated by clear management and leadership, supported by superiors. ..
- Loewen A. It's just me: patients, patience, and parents. Can Fam Physician. 2008;54:1150-1 pubmed
- Williams J, Motycka C, St Onge E. Redesign of a pediatric pharmacotherapy elective course to accommodate budget reductions. Am J Pharm Educ. 2011;75:206 pubmed publisher..A strategic course redesign successfully reduced the costs and faculty time required to offer an elective course viewed as essential to the curriculum, allowing the course to be continued in the face of state budget cuts. ..
- Scherer E, Campos M, Scherer Z. Themes and time use by participants in general team meetings at a psychiatric day hospital. Rev Lat Am Enfermagem. 2007;15:949-57 pubmed..As this space favors exchanges, we suggest these meetings to be used in other health services working with assistance teams. ..
- Watkins R. Partnering with universities and colleges to facilitate the PCMH process. An innovative plan to place healthcare management students into practices to promote healthcare transformation. J Med Pract Manage. 2012;28:134-6 pubmed..Perhaps the most palpable constraints are time management combined with staff allocation decisions...
- Thoma A, Haines T, Duku E, McKnight L, Goldsmith C. How to become a successful clinical investigator. Clin Plast Surg. 2008;35:305-11 pubmed publisher..The preconditions for academic success, including mentoring, making periodic priority lists, and time management are discussed in detail.
- Magnan M, Norris D. Nursing students' perceptions of barriers to addressing patient sexuality concerns. J Nurs Educ. 2008;47:260-8 pubmed..Results of this study have implications for BSN program development and evaluation. ..
- Joustra P, de Wit J, Struben V, Overbeek B, Fockens P, Elkhuizen S. Reducing access times for an endoscopy department by an iterative combination of computer simulation and linear programming. Health Care Manag Sci. 2010;13:17-26 pubmed..This improvement can be accomplished without requiring additional equipment and staff. Currently, our recommendations are implemented. ..
- Fisher J, Lotery H, Henderson C. Time in motion--testing efficiency in the dermatology procedure setting. Dermatol Surg. 2009;35:437-44; discussion 445 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the advantages of broad, objective appraisal of practice as opposed to numerical target-driven approaches that fail to address specific aspects of efficiency. ..
- Hämeen Anttila K, Saano S, Vainio K. Professional competencies learned through working on a medication education project. Am J Pharm Educ. 2010;74:110 pubmed..Through participation in a medication education project, students learned interpersonal skills, time management, conflict resolution, and other skills that many of them already were finding valuable in their professional ..
- Paschoalin H, Griep R, Lisboa M, Bandeira de Mello D. Transcultural adaptation and validation of the Stanford Presenteeism Scale for the evaluation of presenteeism for Brazilian Portuguese. Rev Lat Am Enfermagem. 2013;21:388-95 pubmed
- Rapp A, Bachrach D, Rapp T. The influence of time management skill on the curvilinear relationship between organizational citizenship behavior and task performance. J Appl Psychol. 2013;98:668-77 pubmed publisher..allocation and social exchange perspectives to build and test theory focusing on the moderating role of time management skill in the nonmonotonic relationship between organizational citizenship behavior (OCB) and task performance...
- Stevens D. Prioritization for the practice and physician. J Med Pract Manage. 2012;28:144-7 pubmed..Yet there are solutions to these issues, which involve just a bit of prioritization, time management, and organizational skills...
- Baldonado A. A personal reflection: personal struggles in graduate study. Dimens Crit Care Nurs. 2010;29:136-7 pubmed publisher..She discusses her struggles as well as tips for other nurses considering returning to school for higher education. ..
- Kirby J, Silvestri R, Allingham B, Parrila R, La Fave C. Learning strategies and study approaches of postsecondary students with dyslexia. J Learn Disabil. 2008;41:85-96 pubmed..Students with dyslexia reported significantly greater use of study aids and time management strategies in comparison to students without dyslexia...
- MacBride Stewart S. The effort to control time in the 'new' general practice. Sociol Health Illn. 2013;35:560-74 pubmed publisher..Rather they actively modified its processes using notions of professionalism that are aligned to traditional doctoring, and which offer new ways of doing and being a professional. ..
- Kim Y, Xiao Y, Hu P, Dutton R. Staff acceptance of video monitoring for coordination: a video system to support perioperative situation awareness. J Clin Nurs. 2009;18:2366-71 pubmed publisher..The potential gain of increased information access may be offset by negative impact of a sense of loss of autonomy. ..
- Subhiyah R, Boyce J. North American Veterinary Licensing Examination pacing study. J Vet Med Educ. 2010;37:377-82 pubmed publisher..No significant relationship was found between word count and item difficulty, and an analysis of omitted items and pacing patterns showed no indication of overall pacing problems. ..
- Chung B, Matin S, Ost M, Winfield H. Fellowship in endourology, the job search, and setting up a successful practice: an insider's view. J Endourol. 2008;22:551-7 pubmed publisher..We offer guidance on the decision-making process to obtain fellowship training as well as on early steps into subsequent academic or private practice settings. ..
- Lanzon J, Edwards S, Inglehart M. Choosing academia versus private practice: factors affecting oral maxillofacial surgery residents' career choices. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012;70:1751-61 pubmed publisher..Third, residents interested in academia have a relatively lower level of satisfaction compared with residents interested in practicing outside of academia. ..
- Boixados M, Hernandez E, Guillamon N, Pousada M. Working women's lifestyles and quality of life in the information society. Health Care Women Int. 2010;31:552-67 pubmed publisher..We concluded that Spanish women in this study show regular and healthy habits in diet and prevention behaviors, and we also identify important quality-of-life predicting factors in issues related to personal time management.
- Robson E. So you want to be a midwife? Part 6: excelling at the interview. Pract Midwife. 2007;10:38 pubmed
- Levin R. How to recession-proof your practice. Dent Today. 2008;27:16 pubmed
- Basnet B, Bhandari R, Moore M. Initial resuscitation for Australasian Triage Scale 2 patients in a Nepalese emergency department. Emerg Med Australas. 2012;24:430-4 pubmed publisher..Seriously ill patients requiring resuscitation present commonly to this ED. This is a big challenge for junior doctors. Improved training, treatment protocols and equipment are needed to help manage this burden. ..
- Nabulsi M. Why are breastfeeding rates low in Lebanon? A qualitative study. BMC Pediatr. 2011;11:75 pubmed publisher..year were more determined to succeed and overcome any barrier, relying mostly on family support and proper time management. Increasing awareness of future mothers about breast feeding difficulties, its benefits to children, mothers, ..