Summary: Opportunity to attain full health potential and no one is disadvantaged from achieving this potential because of their social position or other socially determined circumstance.
- Solomon R, Orridge C. Defining health equity. Healthc Pap. 2014;14:62-5 pubmed
- Skorve E, Vassilakopoulou P, Aanestad M, Grünfeld T. A Lens for Evaluating Genetic Information Governance Models: Balancing Equity, Efficiency and Sustainability. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2017;235:298-302 pubmed..Three key principles are proposed for forming and evaluating data governance arrangements in the field. These principles are: equity, efficiency and sustainability. ..
- Welch V, Akl E, Guyatt G, Pottie K, Eslava Schmalbach J, Ansari M, et al. GRADE equity guidelines 1: considering health equity in GRADE guideline development: introduction and rationale. J Clin Epidemiol. 2017;90:59-67 pubmed publisherThis article introduces the rationale and methods for explicitly considering health equity in the Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development and Evaluation (GRADE) methodology for development of clinical, public health, and ..
- Cookson R, Mirelman A, Griffin S, Asaria M, Dawkins B, Norheim O, et al. Using Cost-Effectiveness Analysis to Address Health Equity Concerns. Value Health. 2017;20:206-212 pubmed publisherThis articles serves as a guide to using cost-effectiveness analysis (CEA) to address health equity concerns...
- Lamprell G, Braithwaite J. Mainstreaming gender and promoting intersectionality in Papua New Guinea's health policy: a triangulated analysis applying data-mining and content analytic techniques. Int J Equity Health. 2017;16:65 pubmed publisher..Second, there should be greater focus on activists and civil society groups as the stakeholders most likely to make a difference in gender equity. ..
- van Bergen A, Hoff S, Schreurs H, van Loon A, van Hemert A. Social Exclusion Index-for Health Surveys (SEI-HS): a prospective nationwide study to extend and validate a multidimensional social exclusion questionnaire. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:253 pubmed publisher..The study also provides valuable insights in how to develop embedded measures for public health surveillance. ..
- Santos C, Barbieri A, Gonçalves C, Tsuha D. [Evaluation of the healthcare network for persons with arterial hypertension: study of a health district]. Cad Saude Publica. 2017;33:e00052816 pubmed publisher..The findings indicate predominance of installed services that still fall short of the necessary practices for establishing healthcare networks, which can compromise their implementation. ..
- Cladoosby B. Indian Country Leads National Movement to Knock Down Barriers to Oral Health Equity. Am J Public Health. 2017;107:S81-S84 pubmed publisher..solutions tailored to its needs and priorities is essential in eliminating health disparities and achieving health equity. The Swinomish Indian Tribal Community is leading the way to more effective and efficient dental teams and ..
- Niederman R, Huang S, Trescher A, Listl S. Getting the Incentives Right: Improving Oral Health Equity With Universal School-Based Caries Prevention. Am J Public Health. 2017;107:S50-S55 pubmed publisher..Such a program would meet the Healthy People Oral Health goals for children, as well as health care's triple aim. ..
- Akl E, Welch V, Pottie K, Eslava Schmalbach J, Darzi A, Solà I, et al. GRADE equity guidelines 2: considering health equity in GRADE guideline development: equity extension of the guideline development checklist. J Clin Epidemiol. 2017;90:68-75 pubmed publisherTo provide guidance for guideline developers on how to consider health equity at key stages of the guideline development process. Literature review followed by group discussions and consensus building...
- Hicken M. Measurement and modeling of race and health in Brazil: continuing the discussion. Cad Saude Publica. 2017;33Suppl 1:e00084216 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that, while there are racial patterns in the overall literature, conceptual and methodological challenges can be addressed to clarify the ways in which racial group membership is linked to health. ..
- Szwarcwald C, Montilla D, Marques A, Damacena G, Almeida W, Malta D. Inequalities in healthy life expectancy by Federated States. Rev Saude Publica. 2017;51:7s pubmed publisher..To estimate the healthy life expectancy at 60 years by sex and Federated States and to investigate geographical inequalities by socioeconomic status...
- Vissandjee B, Short W, Bates K. Health and legal literacy for migrants: twinned strands woven in the cloth of social justice and the human right to health care. BMC Int Health Hum Rights. 2017;17:10 pubmed publisher..are approached from a social justice perspective with the aim of identifying opportunities to promote greater health equity. That is, to go beyond the legal dictates enshrined in principles of equality, and target as an ethical ..
- Silva G, Souza Junior P, Damacena G, Szwarcwald C. Early detection of breast cancer in Brazil: data from the National Health Survey, 2013. Rev Saude Publica. 2017;51:14s pubmed publisher..To analyze whether the actions of early detection of breast cancer, initiated with the medical request for mammography, differ between users of the Brazilian Unified Health System (SUS) and those who have private health insurance...
- Pottie K, Welch V, Morton R, Akl E, Eslava Schmalbach J, Katikireddi V, et al. GRADE equity guidelines 4: considering health equity in GRADE guideline development: evidence to decision process. J Clin Epidemiol. 2017;90:84-91 pubmed publisherThe aim of this paper is to provide detailed guidance on how to incorporate health equity within the GRADE (Grading Recommendations Assessment and Development Evidence) evidence to decision process...
- Kazungu J, Barasa E. Examining levels, distribution and correlates of health insurance coverage in Kenya. Trop Med Int Health. 2017;22:1175-1185 pubmed publisher..Kenya should consider a universal, tax-funded mechanism that ensures revenues are equitably and efficiently collected, and everyone (including the poor and those in the informal sector) is covered. ..
- Stopa S, Malta D, Monteiro C, Szwarcwald C, Goldbaum M, Cesar C. Use of and access to health services in Brazil, 2013 National Health Survey. Rev Saude Publica. 2017;51:3s pubmed publisher..To analyze the use of health services in the Brazilian population by sociodemographic factors, according to data from the 2013 Brazilian National Health Survey...
- Welch V, Akl E, Pottie K, Ansari M, Briel M, Christensen R, et al. GRADE equity guidelines 3: considering health equity in GRADE guideline development: rating the certainty of synthesized evidence. J Clin Epidemiol. 2017;90:76-83 pubmed publisherThe aim of this paper is to describe a conceptual framework for how to consider health equity in the Grading Recommendations Assessment and Development Evidence (GRADE) guideline development process...
- Lowrie R, McConnachie A, Williamson A, Kontopantelis E, Forrest M, Lannigan N, et al. Incentivised chronic disease management and the inverse equity hypothesis: findings from a longitudinal analysis of Scottish primary care practice-level data. BMC Med. 2017;15:77 pubmed publisher..Incentivised CDM needs to include incentives for engaging with the 'hard to reach' if inequalities in healthcare delivery are to be tackled. ..