Summary: Derivatives of BUTYRIC ACID that contain one or more amino groups attached to the aliphatic structure. Included under this heading are a broad variety of acid forms, salts, esters, and amides that include the aminobutryrate structure.
- Papadimitriou L, Butler J. "Fast Track" Development and Approval Process for Heart Failure Therapeutics. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017;102:184-186 pubmed publisher..The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already established mechanisms facilitating the latter, but further guidance to enhance and expedite the process holds promise to further improve patient outcomes. ..
- Senni M, Trimarco B, Emdin M, De Biase L. [Sacubitril/valsartan, a new and effective treatment for heart failure with reduced ejection fraction]. G Ital Cardiol (Rome). 2017;18:3-11 pubmed publisher..Of course there are many questions that arise spontaneously from this trial, three recognized experts can help us to answer them. ..
- Papadimitriou L, Hamo C, Butler J. Heart Failure Guidelines on Pharmacotherapy. Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2017;243:109-129 pubmed publisher..We, finally, perform a brief comparison between the former recommendations and the published 2016 HF guidelines by European Society of Cardiology. ..
- Kling A, Jantos K, Mack H, Hornberger W, Drescher K, Nimmrich V, et al. Discovery of Novel and Highly Selective Inhibitors of Calpain for the Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease: 2-(3-Phenyl-1H-pyrazol-1-yl)-nicotinamides. J Med Chem. 2017;60:7123-7138 pubmed publisher..Broad efficacy in a set of preclinical models relevant to AD suggests that inhibition of calpain represents an attractive approach with potential benefit for the treatment of AD. ..
- Li Y, Fang W, Xie S, Yang X, Wang L. Leucobacter corticis sp. nov., isolated from symptomatic bark of Populus × euramericana canker. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:2248-2252 pubmed publisher..0?mol%. Based on the data, strain 2C-7T represents a novel species in the genus Leucobacter, for which the name Leucobacter corticis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is 2C-7T (=CFCC 11901T=KCTC 39643T). ..
- Adam M, Damblon C, Jamin M, Zorzi W, Dusart V, Galleni M, et al. Acyltransferase activities of the high-molecular-mass essential penicillin-binding proteins. Biochem J. 1991;279 ( Pt 2):601-4 pubmed..In their presence, the binding of radioactive penicillin to the PBPs was also inhibited. ..
- Filippatos G, Farmakis D, Parissis J, Lekakis J. Drug therapy for patients with systolic heart failure after the PARADIGM-HF trial: in need of a new paradigm of LCZ696 implementation in clinical practice. BMC Med. 2015;13:35 pubmed publisher..Further insights into the effects of LCZ696 will be provided by the ongoing PARAGON-HF trial in patients with diastolic heart failure. ..
- Barghash M, Desai A. First-in-Class Composite Angiotensin Receptor-Neprilysin Inhibitors (ARNI) in Practice. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017;102:265-268 pubmed publisher..sup>1 This review discusses the rationale for neprilysin inhibition, data supporting efficacy, and practical tips for patient selection and utilization. ..
- Singh J, Burrell L, Cherif M, Squire I, Clark A, Lang C. Sacubitril/valsartan: beyond natriuretic peptides. Heart. 2017;103:1569-1577 pubmed publisher..We contend that by pre-emptively inhibiting NEP, sacubitril/valsartan is inducing this surge earlier during decompensation, resulting in the better outcomes observed. ..
- Tate S, Ross L, Meister A. The -glutamyl cycle in the choroid plexus: its possible function in amino acid transport. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1973;70:1447-9 pubmed..These observations and other considerations suggest that the gamma-glutamyl cycle may play a significant role in the transport of amino acids between blood and cerebrospinal fluid. ..
- Polhemus D, Trivedi R, Gao J, Li Z, Scarborough A, Goodchild T, et al. Renal Sympathetic Denervation Protects the Failing Heart Via Inhibition of Neprilysin Activity in the Kidney. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:2139-2153 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, removal of the influence of the renal nerves on kidney function attenuates renal neprilysin activity, augments circulating NP levels, reduces myocardial fibrosis, and improves LV function in the setting of HF. ..