Genomes and Genes
Summary: Adenosine 5'-(trihydrogen diphosphate). An adenine nucleotide containing two phosphate groups esterified to the sugar moiety at the 5'-position.
- Deniaud A, Bernaudat F, Frelet Barrand A, Juillan Binard C, Vernet T, Rolland N, et al. Expression of a chloroplast ATP/ADP transporter in E. coli membranes: behind the Mistic strategy. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1808:2059-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore, considering the higher quantity of purified NTT1 mature form obtained via the Mistic fusion approach, this is a valuable strategy for obtaining quantities of pure and active proteins that are adequate for structural studies. ..
- Chambers J, Petrova K, Tomba G, Vendruscolo M, Ron D. ADP ribosylation adapts an ER chaperone response to short-term fluctuations in unfolded protein load. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:371-85 pubmed publisher..searching for mechanisms that fill this temporal gap in coping with ER stress, we found elevated levels of adenosine diphosphate (ADP)-ribosylated BiP in the inactive pancreas of fasted mice and a rapid decline in this modification in ..
- Armstrong P, Leadbeater P, Chan M, Kirkby N, Jakubowski J, Mitchell J, et al. In the presence of strong P2Y12 receptor blockade, aspirin provides little additional inhibition of platelet aggregation. J Thromb Haemost. 2011;9:552-61 pubmed publisher..As a result, strong P2Y(12) receptor blockade alone causes inhibition of platelet aggregation that is little enhanced by aspirin. The clinical relevance of these observations remains to be determined. ..
- Terui T, Shimamoto Y, Yamane M, Kobirumaki F, Ohtsuki I, Ishiwata S, et al. Regulatory mechanism of length-dependent activation in skinned porcine ventricular muscle: role of thin filament cooperative activation in the Frank-Starling relation. J Gen Physiol. 2010;136:469-82 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the Frank-Starling relation is strongly influenced by thin filament cooperative activation. ..
- Bonello L, Tantry U, Marcucci R, Blindt R, Angiolillo D, Becker R, et al. Consensus and future directions on the definition of high on-treatment platelet reactivity to adenosine diphosphate. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;56:919-33 pubmed publisher..High on-treatment platelet reactivity to adenosine diphosphate (ADP) was observed in selected patients...
- Zhang W. Exploring the intermediate states of ADP-ATP exchange: a simulation study on Eg5. J Phys Chem B. 2011;115:784-95 pubmed publisher..These molecular simulation results provided not only a better understanding of Eg5-catalyzed ATP hydrolysis but also the structural basis for design of novel specific Eg5 inhibitors as anticancer therapeutic agents. ..
- Jacobs D, Trivedi D, David C, Yengo C. Kinetics and thermodynamics of the rate-limiting conformational change in the actomyosin V mechanochemical cycle. J Mol Biol. 2011;407:716-30 pubmed publisher..ADP state in which the NBP and actin-binding cleft are closed. The novel state may be important for strain sensitivity as the transition from the closed to open NBP conformation may be altered by lever arm position. ..
- Bhavaraju K, Georgakis A, Jin J, Gartner T, Tomiyama Y, Nurden A, et al. Antagonism of P2Y?? reduces physiological thromboxane levels. Platelets. 2010;21:604-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study could pave way the for newer/modified treatment regimens for the management of patients with thrombotic complications who are allergic or non-responsive to aspirin. ..
- Cattaneo M. The platelet P2Y?? receptor for adenosine diphosphate: congenital and drug-induced defects. Blood. 2011;117:2102-12 pubmed publisherP2Y??, the G(i)-coupled platelet receptor for adenosine diphosphate (ADP), plays a central role in platelet function...
- Chen H, Zhang B, Hicks L, Xiong L. A nucleotide metabolite controls stress-responsive gene expression and plant development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26661 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that PAP is critical for stress gene regulation and plant development, yet the FRY1 nucleotidase that catabolizes PAP may not be an in vivo salt toxicity target in Arabidopsis. ..
- Bierbaum V, Lipowsky R. Chemomechanical coupling and motor cycles of myosin V. Biophys J. 2011;100:1747-55 pubmed publisher..of external load forces onto the chemical transition rates for the binding of adenosine triphosphate and adenosine diphosphate. In addition, we also investigate the functional dependence of the mechanical stepping rates on these ..
- Cao W, Coman M, Ding S, Henn A, Middleton E, Bradley M, et al. Mechanism of Mss116 ATPase reveals functional diversity of DEAD-Box proteins. J Mol Biol. 2011;409:399-414 pubmed publisher..The subsequent strong-to-weak RNA binding transition associated with P(i) release dissociates Mss116-RNA complexes, regenerating free Mss116. ..
- Greenberg M, Lin T, Goldman Y, Shuman H, Ostap E. Myosin IC generates power over a range of loads via a new tension-sensing mechanism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2433-40 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that myo1c functions as a slow transporter rather than a tension-sensitive anchor. ..
- Watt I, Montgomery M, Runswick M, Leslie A, Walker J. Bioenergetic cost of making an adenosine triphosphate molecule in animal mitochondria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16823-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in about 50,000 vertebrate species, and probably in many or all of the two million invertebrate species, 2.7 protons are required by the F-ATPase to make each ATP molecule. ..
- Rank K, Chen C, Cope J, Porche K, Hoenger A, Gilbert S, et al. Kar3Vik1, a member of the kinesin-14 superfamily, shows a novel kinesin microtubule binding pattern. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:957-70 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that head-head communication is mediated through the adjoining coiled coil. ..
- Bloemink M, Geeves M. Shaking the myosin family tree: biochemical kinetics defines four types of myosin motor. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2011;22:961-7 pubmed publisher..Based on these properties we propose to classify myosins into four different groups: (I) fast movers, (II) slow/efficient force holders, (III) strain sensors and (IV) gates. ..
- Birrell J, King M, Hirst J. A ternary mechanism for NADH oxidation by positively charged electron acceptors, catalyzed at the flavin site in respiratory complex I. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2318-22 pubmed publisher..Our mechanism for paraquat reduction defines a new mechanism for superoxide production by complex I (by redox cycling); in contrast to direct O(2) reduction the rate is stimulated, not inhibited, by high NADH concentrations. ..
- Kon T, Sutoh K, Kurisu G. X-ray structure of a functional full-length dynein motor domain. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:638-42 pubmed publisher..Our work also provides insight into how the two motor domains are arranged and how they interact with each other in a functional dimer form of cytoplasmic dynein...
- Chang Y, Tseng R, Kuo N, LiWang A. Rhythmic ring-ring stacking drives the circadian oscillator clockwise. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16847-51 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that ADP can expose the KaiB-binding site in the absence of ring stacking, providing an explanation for how it can reset the clock...
- Estavillo G, Crisp P, Pornsiriwong W, Wirtz M, Collinge D, Carrie C, et al. Evidence for a SAL1-PAP chloroplast retrograde pathway that functions in drought and high light signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3992-4012 pubmed publisher..We propose a SAL1-PAP retrograde pathway that can alter nuclear gene expression during HL and drought stress. ..
- Ranatunga K, Roots H, Pinniger G, Offer G. Crossbridge and non-crossbridge contributions to force in shortening and lengthening muscle. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;682:207-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, non-crossbridge visco-elasticity in sarcomeres may also contribute to energy storage and release during in situ muscle function. ..
- Watanabe R, Iino R, Noji H. Phosphate release in F1-ATPase catalytic cycle follows ADP release. Nat Chem Biol. 2010;6:814-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, this supports the concept of selective ADP binding for efficient ATP synthesis. ..
- Jagannathan V, Kaur P, Datta S. Polyphosphate kinase from M. tuberculosis: an interconnect between the genetic and biochemical role. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14336 pubmed publisher..The reversible nature of the enzyme indicated a possibility of a two way ATP?ADP switch operating in the bacteria as a response to its growth requirement. ..
- Gibson K, Winterburn T, Barrett F, Sharma S, MacRury S, Megson I. Therapeutic potential of N-acetylcysteine as an antiplatelet agent in patients with type-2 diabetes. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2011;10:43 pubmed publisher..This may increase bioavailability of protective NO in a narrow therapeutic range. Therefore, NAC might represent an alternative or additional therapy to aspirin that could reduce thrombotic risk in type-2 diabetes. ..
- Hamazaki T, Leung W, Cain B, Ostrov D, Thorsness P, Terada N. Functional expression of human adenine nucleotide translocase 4 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19250 pubmed publisher..These data define common and distinct biochemical characteristics of ANT4 in comparison to ANT1, 2 and 3 providing a basis for study of its unique adaptation to germ cells. ..
- Xiao B, Sanders M, Underwood E, Heath R, Mayer F, Carmena D, et al. Structure of mammalian AMPK and its regulation by ADP. Nature. 2011;472:230-3 pubmed publisher..From our biochemical and structural data we develop a model for how the energy status of a cell regulates AMPK activity. ..
- Di Castro M, Chuquet J, Liaudet N, Bhaukaurally K, Santello M, Bouvier D, et al. Local Ca2+ detection and modulation of synaptic release by astrocytes. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:1276-84 pubmed publisher..These data provide direct evidence that astrocytes are integrated in local synaptic functioning in adult brain. ..
- Motoda C, Ueda H, Hayashi Y, Toyofuku M, Okimoto T, Otsuka M, et al. Impact of platelet reactivity to adenosine diphosphate before implantation of drug-eluting stents on subsequent adverse cardiac events in patients with stable angina. Circ J. 2012;76:641-9 pubmed..b>Adenosine diphosphate (ADP)-induced platelet aggregation was measured before DES implantation using the screen filtration ..
- Proks P, de Wet H, Ashcroft F. Activation of the K(ATP) channel by Mg-nucleotide interaction with SUR1. J Gen Physiol. 2010;136:389-405 pubmed publisher..2 (measured for wild-type channels in the absence of Mg(2+)) and activation via SUR1 (determined for Kir6.2-G334D/SUR1 channels). However, this is not the case for the effects of MgATP. ..
- Ortiz D, Voyvodic P, Gossack L, Quast U, Bryan J. Two neonatal diabetes mutations on transmembrane helix 15 of SUR1 increase affinity for ATP and ADP at nucleotide binding domain 2. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:17985-95 pubmed publisher..NBD2, but not NBD1, has a higher affinity for ATP (and ADP) in mutant versus wild type (with or without Mg(2+)). Thus, the mutants spend more time in nucleotide-bound conformations, with reduced affinity for GBC, that activate the pore...
- Trivedi D, David C, Jacobs D, Yengo C. Switch II mutants reveal coupling between the nucleotide- and actin-binding regions in myosin V. Biophys J. 2012;102:2545-55 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the switch II region is critical for stabilizing the closed NBP conformation in the presence of actin, and is essential for communication between the active site and actin-binding region...
- Yengo C, Takagi Y, Sellers J. Temperature dependent measurements reveal similarities between muscle and non-muscle myosin motility. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2012;33:385-94 pubmed publisher..Within this small subset of myosins examined, the in vitro sliding velocity correlates reasonably well with actin-activated ATPase activity, which was suggested by the original study by Barany (J Gen Physiol 50:197-218, 1967). ..
- Li M, Zheng W. Probing the structural and energetic basis of kinesin-microtubule binding using computational alanine-scanning mutagenesis. Biochemistry. 2011;50:8645-55 pubmed publisher..The mutations of these residues are predicted to fine-tune the motility of kinesin by modulating the conformational transition between the ADP state and the ATP state of kinesin. ..
- Traba J, Del Arco A, Duchen M, Szabadkai G, Satrustegui J. SCaMC-1 promotes cancer cell survival by desensitizing mitochondrial permeability transition via ATP/ADP-mediated matrix Ca(2+) buffering. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:650-60 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed that SCaMC-1 exerts a negative feedback control between cellular Ca(2+) overload and mPT-dependent cell death, suggesting that the carrier might represent a novel target for cancer therapy. ..
- Chen H, Xiong L. The bifunctional abiotic stress signalling regulator and endogenous RNA silencing suppressor FIERY1 is required for lateral root formation. Plant Cell Environ. 2010;33:2180-90 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that RNA silencing modulated by FRY1 and XRN4 plays an important role in shaping root architecture. ..
- Konno H, Isu A, Kim Y, Murakami Fuse T, Sugano Y, Hisabori T. Characterization of the relationship between ADP- and epsilon-induced inhibition in cyanobacterial F1-ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:13423-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest here that the cyanobacterial ATP synthase ? subunit carries out an important regulatory role in acting as an independent "braking system" for the physiologically unfavorable ATP hydrolysis reaction. ..
- Straub A, Krajewski S, Hohmann J, Westein E, Jia F, Bassler N, et al. Evidence of platelet activation at medically used hypothermia and mechanistic data indicating ADP as a key mediator and therapeutic target. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:1607-16 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a rational basis for further evaluation of novel antithrombotic strategies in clinically applied hypothermia. ..
- Konràd C, Kiss G, Torocsik B, Adam Vizi V, Chinopoulos C. Absence of Ca2+-induced mitochondrial permeability transition but presence of bongkrekate-sensitive nucleotide exchange in C. crangon and P. serratus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39839 pubmed publisher..However, our findings suggest that the ability to undergo Ca(2+)-induced mitochondrial permeability transition and the sensitivity of adenine nucleotide translocase to bongkrekate are not necessarily related phenomena...
- Kon T, Oyama T, Shimo Kon R, Imamula K, Shima T, Sutoh K, et al. The 2.8?Å crystal structure of the dynein motor domain. Nature. 2012;484:345-50 pubmed publisher..We also identify a long-range allosteric communication pathway between the primary ATPase and the microtubule-binding sites. Our work provides a framework for understanding the mechanism of dynein-based motility. ..
- Jeneson J, ter Veld F, Schmitz J, Meyer R, Hilbers P, Nicolay K. Similar mitochondrial activation kinetics in wild-type and creatine kinase-deficient fast-twitch muscle indicate significant Pi control of respiration. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2011;300:R1316-25 pubmed publisher..On this basis, it was concluded that previous studies of the CK-deficient FT muscle phenotype underestimated the contribution of Pi to mitochondrial respiratory control. ..
- Hardie D, Ross F, Hawley S. AMPK: a nutrient and energy sensor that maintains energy homeostasis. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2012;13:251-62 pubmed publisher..Finally, recent studies reveal that AMPK conserves ATP levels through the regulation of processes other than metabolism, such as the cell cycle and neuronal membrane excitability. ..
- Harper M, Molkentin J, Poole A. Protein kinase C alpha enhances sodium-calcium exchange during store-operated calcium entry in mouse platelets. Cell Calcium. 2010;48:333-40 pubmed publisher..These treatments had no further effect in PKC?(-/-) platelets. These data suggest that PKC? enhances the extent of SOCE in mouse platelets by regulating Ca(2+) entry through the Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchanger. ..
- Wang X, Su B, Liu W, He X, Gao Y, Castellani R, et al. DLP1-dependent mitochondrial fragmentation mediates 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium toxicity in neurons: implications for Parkinson's disease. Aging Cell. 2011;10:807-23 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings suggest that DLP1-dependent mitochondrial fragmentation plays a crucial role in mediating MPP(+) -induced mitochondria abnormalities and cellular dysfunction and may represent a novel therapeutic target for PD. ..
- Rotoli S, BISWAS FISS E, Biswas S. Quantitative analysis of the mechanism of DNA binding by Bacillus DnaA protein. Biochimie. 2012;94:2764-75 pubmed publisher..DnaA(BA) had a DNA-dependent ATPase activity. DNA sequences acted as positive effectors and modulated the rate (V(max)) of ATP hydrolysis without any significant change in ATP binding affinity. ..
- Nakase T, Moroi J, Ishikawa T. Anti-inflammatory and antiplatelet effects of non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulants in acute phase of ischemic stroke patients. Clin Transl Med. 2018;7:2 pubmed publisher..While 88.9% of group P patients showed decreased platelet aggregation activity with adenosine diphosphate, 55.6% of group D and 40.0% of group A presented the inhibition of platelet aggregation activity...
- Bartels A, Johnson C, Lewis J, Clevenger J, Barnes S, Hammer R, et al. Platelet adenosine diphosphate inhibition in trauma patients by thromboelastography correlates with paradoxical increase in platelet dense granule content by flow cytometry. Surgery. 2016;160:954-959 pubmed publisher..Twenty-one trauma patients showed adenosine diphosphate inhibition (>30%) on thromboelastography with platelet mapping compared with the healthy volunteers who ..
- Sun L, Sun X, Xie S, Yu H, Zhong D. Significant decrease of ADP release rate underlies the potent activity of dimethylenastron to inhibit mitotic kinesin Eg5 and cancer cell proliferation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;447:465-70 pubmed publisher..These data thus provide biological, structural and mechanistic insights into the potent inhibitory activity of dimethylenastron. ..
- Kakouros N, Kickler T, Laws K, Rade J. Hematocrit alters VerifyNow P2Y12 assay results independently of intrinsic platelet reactivity and clopidogrel responsiveness. J Thromb Haemost. 2013;11:1814-22 pubmed publisher..b>Adenosine diphosphate-induced platelet activation was measured using the VerifyNow P2Y12 assay, whole blood impedance and light ..
- Liu Q, Kistemaker H, Overkleeft H, van der Marel G, Filippov D. Synthesis of ribosyl-ribosyl-adenosine-5',5'',5'''(triphosphate)-the naturally occurring branched fragment of poly(ADP ribose). Chem Commun (Camb). 2017;53:10255-10258 pubmed publisherPoly-adenosine diphosphate ribose (PAR) is a branched biopolymer that occurs as a result of post-translational modification of proteins. In 1981 Miwa et al. determined the structure of enzymatically prepared branched PAR...
- Przespolewski E, Westphal E, Rainka M, Smith N, Bates V, Gengo F. Evaluating the Effect of Six Proton Pump Inhibitors on the Antiplatelet Effects of Clopidogrel. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2018;27:1582-1589 pubmed publisher..The median platelet aggregation to adenosine diphosphate during a drug-free baseline was 10? (2...
- Scalone G, De Caterina A, Leone A, Tritarelli A, Mollo R, Pinnacchio G, et al. Effect of exercise on circulating endothelial progenitor cells in microvascular angina. Circ J. 2013;77:1777-82 pubmed..EST as formation of monocyte-platelet aggregates (MPAs) and CD41 platelet expression, without and with adenosine diphosphate (ADP) stimulation. ECFC number was measured before and 24h after EST...
- Maruyama H, Fukuoka T, Deguchi I, Ohe Y, Nagoya H, Kato Y, et al. Dual antiplatelet therapy clopidogrel with low-dose cilostazol intensifies platelet inhibition in patients with ischemic stroke. Intern Med. 2013;52:1043-7 pubmed..The platelet function achieved with 20 ?M of adenosine diphosphate was measured using the VerifyNow P2Y12 Assay...
- Racca A, Beck A, Rao V, Flint G, Lundy S, Born D, et al. Contractility and kinetics of human fetal and human adult skeletal muscle. J Physiol. 2013;591:3049-61 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest slower but similar mechanisms of myosin chemomechanical transduction for human fetal muscle that may also be limited by immature myofilament structure. ..
- Grimm I, Saffian D, Girzalsky W, Erdmann R. Nucleotide-dependent assembly of the peroxisomal receptor export complex. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19838 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that receptor release in peroxisomal protein import is associated with a nucleotide-depending Pex1/6p-cycle of Pex15p-binding and release. ..
- Chen D, Madan D, Weaver J, Lin Z, Schr der G, Chiu W, et al. Visualizing GroEL/ES in the act of encapsulating a folding protein. Cell. 2013;153:1354-65 pubmed publisher..A comparative structural analysis suggests that the allosteric transitions leading to substrate protein release and folding involve concerted shifts of GroES and the GroEL apical domains and C-terminal tails...
- Strianese M, Milione S, Maranzana A, Grassi A, Pellecchia C. Selective detection of ATP and ADP in aqueous solution by using a fluorescent zinc receptor. Chem Commun (Camb). 2012;48:11419-21 pubmed publisher..This is achieved by the complementary coordination of the phosphate groups to the metal centre and hydrogen bonding of the adenosine with the coordinated ligand. ..
- Riteau N, Baron L, Villeret B, Guillou N, Savigny F, Ryffel B, et al. ATP release and purinergic signaling: a common pathway for particle-mediated inflammasome activation. Cell Death Dis. 2012;3:e403 pubmed publisher..These findings support a pivotal role for nucleotides as danger signals and provide a new molecular mechanism to explain how chemically and structurally diverse stimuli can activate the Nlrp3 inflammasome. ..