Genomes and Genes
- Toohey Kurth K, Sibley S, Goldberg T. Metagenomic assessment of adventitious viruses in commercial bovine sera. Biologicals. 2017;47:64-68 pubmed publisher..Metagenomics is useful for detecting taxonomically and genetically diverse adventitious viruses in commercial serum products, and it provides sensitive and quantitative information. ..
- Sievers A, Bosiek K, Bisch M, Dreessen C, Riedel J, Froß P, et al. K-mer Content, Correlation, and Position Analysis of Genome DNA Sequences for the Identification of Function and Evolutionary Features. Genes (Basel). 2017;8: pubmed publisher..content and several genes in these genomes have been found, showing similarities between classified and unclassified viruses, which may be potentially useful for further taxonomic research...
- Atoni E, Wang Y, Karungu S, Waruhiu C, Zohaib A, Obanda V, et al. Metagenomic Virome Analysis of Culex Mosquitoes from Kenya and China. Viruses. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..57%) while in Hubei it was Herpesviridae (30%) and the Yunnan virome was dominated by an unclassified viruses group (27%)...
- Shahhosseini N, Lühken R, Jöst H, Jansen S, Börstler J, Rieger T, et al. Detection and characterization of a novel rhabdovirus in Aedes cantans mosquitoes and evidence for a mosquito-associated new genus in the family Rhabdoviridae. Infect Genet Evol. 2017;55:260-268 pubmed publisher..advances in random amplification technologies, metagenomic surveillance expanded the number of novel, often unclassified viruses within the family Rhabdoviridae...
- BartÃkovÃ¡ P, HolÃkovÃ¡ V, KazimÃrovÃ¡ M, Å tibrÃ¡niovÃ¡ I. Tick-borne viruses. Acta Virol. 2017;61:413-427 pubmed publisher..in molecular biotechnologies have led to discoveries of new TBVs and further genetic characterization of unclassified viruses resulting in changes in TBVs classification created by the International Committee for the Taxonomy of ..
- Wu J, Wang C, Zhu X, Chen J. Sequence analysis of double-strand RNA6 and RNA9 from the fungus Sclerotium hydrophilum. Arch Virol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis revealed that dsRNA2 and dsRNA7 belong to a group of unclassified viruses. In this report, we cloned and sequenced dsRNA6 and dsRNA9 from the 10 dsRNAs...