Genomes and Genes
Foot-and-mouth disease virus - type O
Alias: Foot-and-mouth disease virus O, Aphthovirus O, FMDV-O, Foot-and-mouth disease virus type O, foot-and-mouth disease virus type O FMDV, Foot-and-mouth disease virus-type O
- Ma X, Li P, Bai X, Sun P, Bao H, Lu Z, et al. Sequences outside that of residues 93-102 of 3A protein can contribute to the ability of foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) to replicate in bovine-derived cells. Virus Res. 2014;191:161-71 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we report the generation of a full-length infectious cDNA clone of FMDV O/SEA/Mya-98 strain O/GZSB/2011 for the first time along with two genetically modified viruses with deletion at ..
- Logan G, Freimanis G, King D, Valdazo GonzÃ¡lez B, Bachanek Bankowska K, Sanderson N, et al. A universal protocol to generate consensus level genome sequences for foot-and-mouth disease virus and other positive-sense polyadenylated RNA viruses using the Illumina MiSeq. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:828 pubmed publisher..We calculated that a minimum coverage depth of 22 reads was required to produce an accurate consensus sequence for FMDV O. This was achieved in 5 FMDV/O/UKG isolates and the type O FMDV from the serotype panel with the exception of the ..
- Bertram M, Delgado A, Pauszek S, Smoliga G, Brito B, Stenfeldt C, et al. Effect of vaccination on cattle subclinically infected with foot-and-mouth disease virus in Cameroon. Prev Vet Med. 2018;155:1-10 pubmed publisher..These findings also suggest that subclinical circulation of FMDV occurs in hyperendemic regions regardless of vaccination. ..
- Zhang G, Chen X, Qian P, Chen H, Li X. Immunogenicity of a recombinant Sendai virus expressing the capsid precursor polypeptide of foot-and-mouth disease virus. Res Vet Sci. 2016;104:181-7 pubmed publisher..respectively, and then challenged with an intraperitoneal injection of 1 Ã— 10(6) TCID50 of virulent serotype O FMDV O/ES/2001 strain 4 weeks after booster immunization...
- Motamedi Sedeh F, Soleimanjahi H, Jalilian A, Mahravani H, Shafaee K, Sotoodeh M, et al. Development of Protective Immunity against Inactivated Iranian Isolate of Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus Type O/IRN/2007 Using Gamma Ray-Irradiated Vaccine on BALB/c Mice and Guinea Pigs. Intervirology. 2015;58:190-6 pubmed publisher..28 and 7.07, respectively, which indicated the high potency of both vaccines. GRI vaccine is suitable for both routine vaccination and control of FMDV in emergency outbreaks. ..
- Kopliku L, Relmy A, Romey A, Gorna K, Zientara S, Bakkali Kassimi L, et al. Establishment of persistent foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) infection in MDBK cells. Arch Virol. 2015;160:2503-16 pubmed publisher..Preliminary experiments to assess the permissivity of MDBK cells to FMDV O infection revealed an unusual pattern of infection: after the initial phase of acute cell lysis, new monolayers ..
- Wilna V, Hong N, Geoffrey F, Jacqueline M, Jianning W, Van Phuc K, et al. Efficacy of a high potency O1 Manisa monovalent vaccine against heterologous challenge with a FMDV O Mya98 lineage virus in pigs 4 and 7 days post vaccination. Vaccine. 2015;33:2778-85 pubmed publisher..This study showed that high potency vaccine can provide protection to pigs soon after vaccination and that aerosol transmission within rooms is a rare event. ..
- Jeong K, Lee J, Park S, Choi J, Jeong D, Choi D, et al. Synthesis and in-vitro evaluation of 2-amino-4-arylthiazole as inhibitor of 3D polymerase against foot-and-mouth disease (FMD). Eur J Med Chem. 2015;102:387-97 pubmed publisher..39 Î¼M) of FMDV 3D polymerase and compound 24a (EC50 = 13.09 Î¼M) showed more potent antiviral activity than ribavirin (EC50 = 1367 Î¼M) and T1105 (EC50 = 347 Î¼M) with IBRS-2 cells infected by the FMDV O/SKR/2010 strain.
- Li C, Wang H, Yuan T, Woodman A, Yang D, Zhou G, et al. Foot-and-mouth disease virus type O specific mutations determine RNA-dependent RNA polymerase fidelity and virus attenuation. Virology. 2018;518:87-94 pubmed publisher..substitutions responsible for increased 3Dpol fidelity of type Asia1 FMDV into the type O FMDV O/YS/CHA/05 infectious clone...
- Brito B, Pauszek S, Eschbaumer M, Stenfeldt C, de Carvalho Ferreira H, Vu L, et al. Phylodynamics of foot-and-mouth disease virus O/PanAsia in Vietnam 2010-2014. Vet Res. 2017;48:24 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the phylogeny of FMDV O/PanAsia in Vietnam, reconstructing the virus' ancestral host species (pig, cattle or buffalo), clinical stage (..
- Liu W, Yang B, Wang M, Liang W, Wang H, Yang D, et al. Identification of a conserved conformational epitope in the VP2 protein of foot-and-mouth disease virus. Arch Virol. 2017;162:1877-1885 pubmed publisher..To further verify the authentic epitope recognized by MAb 3D9, a FMDV O/YS/CHA/05 mutant virus V90A was generated using a reverse genetics system...
- Grant C, Carr B, Singanallur N, Morris J, Gubbins S, Hudelet P, et al. The B-cell response to foot-and-mouth-disease virus in cattle following vaccination and live-virus challenge. J Gen Virol. 2016;97:2201-9 pubmed publisher..In this study, we have used an FMDV O-serotype vaccination (O1-Manisa or O SKR) and live-virus challenge (FMDV O SKR) to investigate the homologous and ..
- Jiang S, Bai X, Li P, Zhang M, Bao H, Sun P, et al. Influence of Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus O/CHN/Mya98/33-P Strain Leader Protein on Viral Replication and Host Innate Immunity. Viral Immunol. 2015;28:360-6 pubmed publisher..Previously, it was found that a recombinant virus with Lab of FMDV O/CHN/Mya98/33-P strain had higher proliferation efficiency, and better ability to inhibit the host innate immune ..
- Singanallur N, Pacheco J, Arzt J, Stenfeldt C, Fosgate G, Rodriguez L, et al. Efficacy of a high potency O1 Manisa monovalent vaccine against heterologous challenge with foot-and-mouth disease virus of O/SEA/Mya-98 lineage in sheep. Antiviral Res. 2017;145:114-122 pubmed publisher..FMD virus (FMDV) O1Manisa vaccine in sheep, we carried out a study using a heterologous FMDV (FMDV O/SKR/2010 - Mya-98 strain) challenge...
- Zhu Z, Wang G, Yang F, Cao W, Mao R, Du X, et al. Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus Viroporin 2B Antagonizes RIG-I-Mediated Antiviral Effects by Inhibition of Its Protein Expression. J Virol. 2016;90:11106-11121 pubmed..This study provides new insight into the immune evasion mediated by FMDV and identifies 2B as an antagonistic factor for FMDV to evade the antiviral response. ..
- King D, Knowles N, Freimanis G, King D. Genome Sequencing of Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus Type O Isolate GRE/23/94. Genome Announc. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..The complete genome of a foot-and-mouth disease type O virus originating from an epidemic in Greece in 1994 is reported. This virus belongs to the Middle East-South Asia topotype. ..
- Li X, Wang J, Liu J, Li Z, Wang Y, Xue Y, et al. Engagement of soluble resistance-related calcium binding protein (sorcin) with foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) VP1 inhibits type I interferon response in cells. Vet Microbiol. 2013;166:35-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, VP1-induced suppression of type I interferon is mediated by interacting with sorcin, a protein that appears to regulate cell response to viral infections. ..
- Rai D, Lawrence P, Kloc A, Schafer E, Rieder E. Analysis of the interaction between host factor Sam68 and viral elements during foot-and-mouth disease virus infections. Virol J. 2015;12:224 pubmed publisher..These results support the importance of Sam68 as a host factor co-opted by FMDV during infection and demonstrate that Sam68 interact with both, FMDV RNA motifs in the IRES and viral non-structural proteins 3C(pro) and 3D(pol). ..
- Zhu Z, Yang F, Zhang K, Cao W, Jin Y, Wang G, et al. Comparative Proteomic Analysis of Wild-Type and SAP Domain Mutant Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus-Infected Porcine Cells Identifies the Ubiquitin-Activating Enzyme UBE1 Required for Virus Replication. J Proteome Res. 2015;14:4194-206 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of UBE1 enhanced the replication of FMDV, and knockdown of UBE1 decreased FMDV replication. This shows that FMDV manipulates UBE1 for increased viral replication, and the SAP domain was involved in this process. ..
- Zheng W, Li X, Wang J, Li X, Cao H, Wang Y, et al. A critical role of interferon-induced protein IFP35 in the type I interferon response in cells induced by foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) protein 2C. Arch Virol. 2014;159:2925-35 pubmed publisher..These findings may help to further understand cell responses to FMDV infection. ..
- Gladue D, O Donnell V, Baker Branstetter R, Holinka L, Pacheco J, Fernandez Sainz I, et al. Foot-and-mouth disease virus modulates cellular vimentin for virus survival. J Virol. 2013;87:6794-803 pubmed publisher..Using reverse genetics, we identified 2C residues that are necessary for virus growth, suggesting that the interaction between FMDV 2C and cellular vimentin is essential for virus replication. ..
- Fan X, Han S, Yan D, Gao Y, Wei Y, Liu X, et al. Foot-and-mouth disease virus infection suppresses autophagy and NF-ÐºB antiviral responses via degradation of ATG5-ATG12 by 3Cpro. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2561 pubmed publisher..FMDV has evolved mechanisms to counteract the antiviral function of ATG5-ATG12, via degradation of them by viral protein 3Cpro. ..
- Du P, Sun S, Dong J, Zhi X, Chang Y, Teng Z, et al. Purification of foot-and-mouth disease virus by heparin as ligand for certain strains. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1049-1050:16-23 pubmed publisher..Heparin resins HipTrap Heparin HP and AF-Heparin HC-650 were utilized to purify FMDV O/HN/CHA/93. Results showed that the purity of AF-Heparin HC-650 was ideal...
- Fernandez Sainz I, Medina G, Ramirez Medina E, Koster M, Grubman M, de Los Santos T. Adenovirus-vectored foot-and-mouth disease vaccine confers early and full protection against FMDV O1 Manisa in swine. Virology. 2017;502:123-132 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that recombinant Ad5-O1Man is an effective, safe and cross-reacting vaccine that could potentially be used preventively and in outbreak situations, to control FMDV O Mya-98 lineage in swine.
- Ali M, Ullah H, Siddique M, Sultana M, Hossain M. Complete Genome Sequence of Pig-Originated Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus Serotype O from Bangladesh. Genome Announc. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..Conventional amino acid deletion was lacking in 3A region, and antigenic heterogeneity to circulatory type O existed within the VP1 region. ..
- Chamberlain K, Fowler V, Barnett P, Gold S, Wadsworth J, Knowles N, et al. Identification of a novel cell culture adaptation site on the capsid of foot-and-mouth disease virus. J Gen Virol. 2015;96:2684-92 pubmed publisher..These observations add to the evidence for multiple cell attachment mechanisms for FMDV and may be useful for vaccine manufacture when cell culture adaptation proves difficult. ..
- Beard C, Mason P. Genetic determinants of altered virulence of Taiwanese foot-and-mouth disease virus. J Virol. 2000;74:987-91 pubmed..These studies have shown that an altered nonstructural protein, 3A, is a primary determinant of restricted growth on bovine cells in vitro and significantly contributes to bovine attenuation of OTai in vivo...
- Borca M, Pacheco J, Holinka L, Carrillo C, Hartwig E, Garriga D, et al. Role of arginine-56 within the structural protein VP3 of foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) O1 Campos in virus virulence. Virology. 2012;422:37-45 pubmed publisher..O1Ca-VP3-56H was thermo stable and induced typical clinical signs of FMD, whereas O1Ca-VP3-56R presented a ts phenotype and was nonpathogenic unless VP3 position 56 reverted in vivo to either H or cysteine (C)...
- Arias A, Agudo R, Ferrer Orta C, P rez Luque R, Airaksinen A, Brocchi E, et al. Mutant viral polymerase in the transition of virus to error catastrophe identifies a critical site for RNA binding. J Mol Biol. 2005;353:1021-32 pubmed publisher..In addition to identifying an amino acid residue that is critical for the binding of polymerase to RNA, the results document the presence of defective genomes in the transition of virus to error catastrophe...
- Li D, Wei J, Yang F, Liu H, Zhu Z, Cao W, et al. Foot-and-mouth disease virus structural protein VP3 degrades Janus kinase 1 to inhibit IFN-Î³ signal transduction pathways. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:850-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results reveal a novel mechanism used by which FMDV VP3 counteracts the type II IFN signaling pathways. ..
- Armer H, Moffat K, Wileman T, Belsham G, Jackson T, Duprex W, et al. Foot-and-mouth disease virus, but not bovine enterovirus, targets the host cell cytoskeleton via the nonstructural protein 3Cpro. J Virol. 2008;82:10556-66 pubmed publisher..In contrast, infection of cells with another picornavirus, bovine enterovirus, did not affect gamma-tubulin distribution, and the microtubule network remained relatively unaffected...
- Nishi T, Ulziibat G, Khanui B, Myagmarsuren O, Morioka K, Yamakawa M, et al. Genome Sequence of Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus of Serotype O Lineage Ind-2001d Isolated from Cattle in Mongolia in 2015. Genome Announc. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..This virus is closely related to isolates identified in Southeast Asia in 2015 and is classified under the O/ME-SA/Ind-2001d lineage. This is the first detection of an FMDV of this lineage in Mongolia. ..