Influenza B virus (B/Lee/1940)
- Air G, Hackett J. Gene 8 of influenza virus: sequences of cDNA transcribed from the 3' ends of viral RNA of influenza A and B strains. Virology. 1980;103:291-8 pubmed
- Liu M, Lam M, Zhang Q, Elderfield R, Barclay W, Shaw P. The Functional Study of the N-Terminal Region of Influenza B Virus Nucleoprotein. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0137802 pubmed publisher..Results show that the N terminus is involved in the formation of both higher homo-oligomers of BNP and BNP-RNA complex. ..
- Imai M, Watanabe S, Kawaoka Y. The cytoplasmic tail domain of influenza B virus hemagglutinin is important for its incorporation into virions but is not essential for virus replication in cell culture in the presence of compensatory mutations. J Virol. 2012;86:11633-44 pubmed publisher..They also demonstrate that the domain is not absolutely required for virus viability in cell culture in the presence of compensatory mutations. ..
- Gatherer D. Passage in egg culture is a major cause of apparent positive selection in influenza B hemagglutinin. J Med Virol. 2010;82:123-7 pubmed publisher..The major cause of molecular adaptation in influenza B hemagglutinin proteins may well be laboratory eggs rather than natural hosts...
- Kemdirim S, Palefsky J, Briedis D. Influenza B virus PB1 protein; nucleotide sequence of the genome RNA segment predicts a high degree of structural homology with the corresponding influenza A virus polymerase protein. Virology. 1986;152:126-35 pubmed..This remarkable conservation of primary structure argues for severe functional constraint on the evolution of this influenza virus polymerase protein...
- Hiromoto Y, Saito T, Lindstrom S, Li Y, Nerome R, Sugita S, et al. Phylogenetic analysis of the three polymerase genes (PB1, PB2 and PA) of influenza B virus. J Gen Virol. 2000;81:929-37 pubmed publisher..Completion of evolutionary analysis of the six internal genes and the HA gene of influenza B viruses revealed frequent genetic reassortment among co-circulating variable strains and suggested co-dependent evolution of genes...
- Briedis D, Lamb R. Influenza B virus genome: sequences and structural organization of RNA segment 8 and the mRNAs coding for the NS1 and NS2 proteins. J Virol. 1982;42:186-93 pubmed..Thus, between the influenza A and B viruses, the organization of the NS1 and NS2 mRNAs and the sizes of the NS2 mRNA and protein are conserved despite the larger size of the influenza B virus RNA segment, NS1 mRNA, and NS1 protein...
- Briedis D, Lamb R, Choppin P. Sequence of RNA segment 7 of the influenza B virus genome: partial amino acid homology between the membrane proteins (M1) of influenza A and B viruses and conservation of a second open reading frame. Virology. 1982;116:581-8 pubmed
- Krystal M, Young J, Palese P, Wilson I, Skehel J, Wiley D. Sequential mutations in hemagglutinins of influenza B virus isolates: definition of antigenic domains. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983;80:4527-31 pubmed..In addition, modulation of antigenic regions in B virus HAs may also occur through amino acid deletions and variation in glycosylation sites...