Genomes and Genes
Alias: vitis vinifera
Publications170 found, 100 shown here
- Resistance to Erysiphe necator in the grapevine 'Kishmish vatkana' is controlled by a single locus through restriction of hyphal growthSarolta Hoffmann
Research Institute of Viticulture and Enology, Pázmány Péter u 4, 7634, Pecs, Hungary
Theor Appl Genet 116:427-38. 2008b>Vitis vinifera 'Kishmish vatkana', a cultivated grapevine from Central Asia, does not produce visible symptoms in response to natural or artificial inoculation with the fungus Erysiphe necator Schwein., the casual agent of powdery mildew...
- Functional annotation, genome organization and phylogeny of the grapevine (Vitis vinifera) terpene synthase gene family based on genome assembly, FLcDNA cloning, and enzyme assaysDiane M Martin
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, 2185 East Mall, Vancouver, B C, V6T 1Z4, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 10:226. 2010..line, 89 putative terpenoid synthase genes (VvTPS) were predicted by in silico analysis of the grapevine (Vitis vinifera) genome assembly 1...
- A carotenoid cleavage dioxygenase from Vitis vinifera L.: functional characterization and expression during grape berry development in relation to C13-norisoprenoid accumulationSandrine Mathieu
UMR IR2B, ENSAM INRA Université Montpellier II, F 34060 Montpellier Cedex 1, France
J Exp Bot 56:2721-31. 2005A potential Carotenoid Cleavage Dioxygenase (CCD) gene was identified among a Vitis vinifera L. EST collection and a full-length cDNA (VvCCD1) was isolated. Recombinant expression of VvCCD1 confirmed that the gene encoded a functional CCD...
- A candidate gene association study on muscat flavor in grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.)Francesco Emanuelli
Research and Innovation Center, Fondazione Edmund Mach Istituto Agrario di San Michele all Adige, Via E, Mach 1, 38010 San Michele all Adige TN, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 10:241. 2010..Muscat flavor determination in grape (Vitis vinifera L.) has up to now been studied by evaluating monoterpenoid levels through QTL analysis...
- [Identification and characterization of "rd22" dehydration responsive gene in grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.)]Mohsen Hanana
Laboratoire de Physiologie Moléculaire de la Vigne, CBBC, Hammam Lif, Tunisia
C R Biol 331:569-78. 2008..A minimal knowledge about the role and the functionality of this gene is necessary and constitutes a prerequisite condition before starting and including Vvrd22 in any program of improvement of grapevine's abiotic stress tolerance...
- Characterization of a Vitis vinifera cv. Cabernet Sauvignon 3',5'-O-methyltransferase showing strong preference for anthocyanins and glycosylated flavonolsJoost Lücker
Faculty of Land and Food Systems, Wine Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B C, Canada
Phytochemistry 71:1474-84. 2010At ripening initiation in red grapevine (Vitis vinifera) berries, the exocarp turns color from green to red and then to purple due to the accumulation and extent of methylation of anthocyanins...
- Cloning and characterization of VIGG, a novel virus-induced grapevine protein, correlated with fruit qualityHironori Katoh
Laboratory of Fruit Genetic Engineering, The Institute of Enology and Viticulture, University of Yamanashi, Kofu, Yamanashi 400 0005, Japan
Plant Physiol Biochem 47:291-9. 2009..Further investigation of the biological function of VIGG is expected to provide new information on the fruit quality of grapevines...
- Grapevine virusA-mediated gene silencing in Nicotiana benthamiana and Vitis viniferaMookkan Muruganantham
The S Tolkowsky Laboratory, Department of Plant Pathology The Virology Unit, Agricultural Research Organization, Volcani Center, Bet Dagan 50250, Israel
J Virol Methods 155:167-74. 2009..In addition, an Agrobacterium-mediated method for inoculating micropropagated Vitis vinifera cv. Prime plantlets via their roots was developed...
- Sequence analysis and transcriptional profiling of two vacuolar H+ -pyrophosphatase isoforms in Vitis viniferaMauritz Venter
Institute for Plant Biotechnology, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Matieland, South Africa
J Plant Res 119:469-78. 2006..Sequence analyses of the deduced amino acid residues and RT-PCR experiments indicated that Vitis vinifera L. has at least two distinct isoforms of the V-PPase gene...
- Characterization of thermotolerance-related genes in grapevine (Vitis vinifera)Masayuki Kobayashi
Laboratory of Fruit Genetic Engineering, The Institute of Enology and Viticulture, University of Yamanashi, Kofu, Yamanashi 400 0005, Japan
J Plant Physiol 167:812-9. 2010We report the cloning and characterization of heat shock-induced genes in grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.). Using the cDNA subtraction method, four heat shock-induced genes were identified in heat shock-treated Pinot noir grapevine...
- Differential expression of chitinases in Vitis vinifera L. responding to systemic acquired resistance activators or fungal challengeG Busam
Lehrstuhl für Biochemie der Pflanzen, Institut fur Biologie II, Universitat Freiburg, Germany
Plant Physiol 115:1029-38. 1997..Basic class I (VCHIT1b) and a class III (VCH3) chitinase cDNAs were cloned from cultured Vitis vinifera L...
- The Vitis vinifera sugar transporter gene family: phylogenetic overview and macroarray expression profilingDamien Afoufa-Bastien
UMR CNRS UP 6503, Laboratoire de Catalyse en Chimie Organique, Equipe Physiologie Moléculaire du Transport de Sucres, Universite de Poitiers, Bâtiment Botanique, 40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
BMC Plant Biol 10:245. 2010....
- Expression of anthocyanin biosynthesis pathway genes in red and white grapesP K Boss
Cooperative Research Centre for Viticulture, Glen Osmond, Australia
Plant Mol Biol 32:565-9. 1996..In white grapes, UFGT expression was not detected. White grape cultivars appear to lack anthocyanins because they lack UFGT, although they also had decreased expression of other flavonoid pathway genes...
- The grapevine transcription factor VvMYBPA1 regulates proanthocyanidin synthesis during fruit developmentJochen Bogs
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization Plant Industry, Glen Osmond, 5064, Australia
Plant Physiol 143:1347-61. 2007..We have previously shown that in grapevine (Vitis vinifera) PA synthesis involves both leucoanthocyanidin reductase (LAR) and anthocyanidin reductase (ANR)...
- Structure of a flavonoid glucosyltransferase reveals the basis for plant natural product modificationWendy Offen
Department of Chemistry, University of York, York, UK
EMBO J 25:1396-405. 2006..These structures, in tandem with kinetic dissection of activity, provide the foundation for understanding the mechanism of these enzymes in small molecule homeostasis...
- Identification of the flavonoid hydroxylases from grapevine and their regulation during fruit developmentJochen Bogs
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, Plant Industry, Horticulture Unit, Glen Osmond, South Australia 5064, Australia
Plant Physiol 140:279-91. 2006..We report the identification of genes encoding F3'H, F3'5'H, and a putative cytochrome b5 from grapevine (Vitis vinifera L. cv Shiraz) and their transcriptional regulation in fruit...
- Identification, expression analysis and characterization of defense and signaling genes in Vitis viniferaJulie Chong
Universite de Haute Alsace, Laboratoire Vigne, Biotechnologies et Environnement LVBE, Colmar, France
Plant Physiol Biochem 46:469-81. 2008..The aim of this work was to study the signaling of defense responses to pathogens in Vitis vinifera. We identified in V. vinifera cv...
- The bouquet of grapevine (Vitis vinifera L. cv. Cabernet Sauvignon) flowers arises from the biosynthesis of sesquiterpene volatiles in pollen grainsDiane M Martin
Michael Smith Laboratories and Wine Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z4
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7245-50. 2009..Inflorescences of grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.) are composed of tiny green flowers that produce an abundance of sesquiterpenoid volatiles...
- Leucoanthocyanidin reductase and anthocyanidin reductase gene expression and activity in flowers, young berries and skins of Vitis vinifera L. cv. Cabernet-Sauvignon during developmentSéverine Gagné
Universite de Bordeaux, UMR 1219 Oenologie, INRA, ISVV, 210 Chemin de Leysotte, CS 58008, 33 140 Villenave D Ornon, France
Plant Physiol Biochem 47:282-90. 2009..and ANR activity and determine their development throughout the growth of flowers, young berries, and skins of Vitis vinifera L. cv. Cabernet-Sauvignon...
- L-tartaric acid synthesis from vitamin C in higher plantsSeth DeBolt
School of Agriculture, Food, and Wine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5608-13. 2006....
- Biosynthesis of flavan 3-ols by leucoanthocyanidin 4-reductases and anthocyanidin reductases in leaves of grape (Vitis vinifera L.), apple (Malus x domestica Borkh.) and other cropsJudith Pfeiffer
Chair of Floriculture Crops and Horticultural Plant Breeding, Technical University Munich, Am Hochanger 4, 85350 Freising, Germany
Plant Physiol Biochem 44:323-34. 2006Catechin and epicatechin biosyntheses were studied of grape (Vitis vinifera L.), apple (Malus x domestica Borkh.) and other crop leaves, since these monomers and the derived proanthocyanidins are important disease resistance factors...
- VvHT1 encodes a monosaccharide transporter expressed in the conducting complex of the grape berry phloemCéline Vignault
Unité Mixte de Recherches Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 6161, Transport des Assimilats, Laboratoire de Physiologie, Biochimie et Biologie Moléculaire Végétales, Bâtiment Botanique, Universite de Poitiers, Poitiers, France
J Exp Bot 56:1409-18. 2005..A monosaccharide transporter homologue (VvHT1, Vitis vinifera hexose transporter 1) has previously been isolated from grape berries at the veraison stage, and its ..
- A skin color mutation of grapevine, from black-skinned Pinot Noir to white-skinned Pinot Blanc, is caused by deletion of the functional VvmybA1 alleleHiroshi Yakushiji
Grape and Persimmon Research Station, National Institute of Fruit Tree Science, Hiroshima
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:1506-8. 2006A white-wine grape, Pinot Blanc, is thought to be a white-skinned mutant of a red-wine grape, Pinot Noir. Pinot Noir was heterozygous for VvmybA1. One allele was the non-functional VvmybA1a, and the other was the functional VvmybA1c...
- Identification of Vitis vinifera (-)-alpha-terpineol synthase by in silico screening of full-length cDNA ESTs and functional characterization of recombinant terpene synthaseDiane M Martin
Biotechnology Laboratory, University of British Columbia, 6174 University Boulevard, Rm 237, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z3
Phytochemistry 65:1223-9. 2004The flavour and aroma of certain Vitis vinifera grape varieties is dominated by volatile terpenes and small volatile aldehydes...
- Isolation, functional characterization, and expression analysis of grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.) hexose transporters: differential roles in sink and source tissuesMatthew A Hayes
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, Plant Industry, Glen Osmond, South Australia 5064, Australia
J Exp Bot 58:1985-97. 2007Three hexose transporters (VvHT3, VvHT4, and VvHT5) were cloned from Vitis vinifera L. and functionally characterized in the hexose transport-impaired Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutant EBY.VW4000...
- Characterization and expression of caffeoyl-coenzyme A 3-O-methyltransferase proposed for the induced resistance response of Vitis vinifera LG Busam
Lehrstuhl für Biochemie der Pflanzen, Institut fur Biologie II, Universitat Freiburg, Germany
Plant Physiol 115:1039-48. 1997Cell-suspension cultures of Vitis vinifera L...
- Post-veraison sunlight exposure induces MYB-mediated transcriptional regulation of anthocyanin and flavonol synthesis in berry skins of Vitis viniferaJosé Tomás Matus
Departamento de Fruticultura y Enología, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Av Vicuña Mackenna 4560, Santiago, Chile
J Exp Bot 60:853-67. 2009..Taken together, this study establishes MYB-specific responsiveness for the effect of sun exposure and sugar transport on flavonoid synthesis...
- Isolation of the three grape sub-lineages of B-class MADS-box TM6, PISTILLATA and APETALA3 genes which are differentially expressed during flower and fruit developmentMaría Josefina Poupin
Departamento de Genetica Molecular y Microbiologia, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Gene 404:10-24. 2007..Even if these genes belong to the same genetic class they could act in different periods and/or tissues during reproductive organ development...
- A cDNA from grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.), which shows homology to AGAMOUS and SHATTERPROOF, is not only expressed in flowers but also throughout berry developmentP K Boss
CSIRO Plant Industry, Horticulture Unit, Glen Osmond, SA, Australia
Plant Mol Biol 45:541-53. 2001..The results of this study suggest that Vvmads1 has a regulatory role in flower development before fertilisation and a role in fruit development after fertilisation...
- Involvement of abscisic acid in the coordinated regulation of a stress-inducible hexose transporter (VvHT5) and a cell wall invertase in grapevine in response to biotrophic fungal infectionMatthew A Hayes
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization Plant Industry, Glen Osmond, South Australia 5064, Australia
Plant Physiol 153:211-21. 2010..measure transcript levels of invertase and hexose transporter genes in biotrophic pathogen-infected grapevine (Vitis vinifera) leaves...
- A grape ASR protein involved in sugar and abscisic acid signalingBirsen Cakir
Unité Mixte de Recherche Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 6161, Transport des Assimilats, Laboratoire de Physiologie, Biochimie et Biologie Moléculaire Végétales, Unité de Formation et de Recherches Sciences, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Plant Cell 15:2165-80. 2003..Thus, a biological function is ascribed to an ASR protein. VvMSA acts as part of a transcription-regulating complex involved in sugar and ABA signaling...
- Isolation and characterization of a Vitis vinifera transcription factor, VvWRKY1, and its effect on responses to fungal pathogens in transgenic tobacco plantsChloe Marchive
Unité Mixte de Recherche 1287, Ecophysiologie et Génomique Fonctionnelle de la Vigne, Universite Bordeaux 1, Universite Bordeaux 2, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, BP 81, F 33883 Villenave d Ornon, France
J Exp Bot 58:1999-2010. 2007..A full-length cDNA, designated VvWRKY1, was isolated from a grape berry library (Vitis vinifera L. cv. Cabernet Sauvignon)...
- The grapevine R2R3-MYB transcription factor VvMYBF1 regulates flavonol synthesis in developing grape berriesStefan Czemmel
Heidelberger Institut für Pflanzenwissenschaften, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Plant Physiol 151:1513-30. 2009..To study the regulation of flavonol synthesis in fruit, we isolated and characterized the grapevine (Vitis vinifera 'Shiraz') R2R3-MYB transcription factor VvMYBF1...
- Isolation of WDR and bHLH genes related to flavonoid synthesis in grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.)J T Matus
Facultad de Agronomía e Ingeniería Forestal, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Av Vicuña Mackenna 4560, Santiago, Chile
Plant Mol Biol 72:607-20. 2010..Here, we report the isolation of the first members from the WDR and bHLH families found in Vitis vinifera, named WDR1, WDR2 and MYCA1...
- Characterization of a grapevine R2R3-MYB transcription factor that regulates the phenylpropanoid pathwayLaurent Deluc
Unité Mixte de Recherche 619, Physiologie et Biotechnologie Végétales, Universite Bordeaux 1, Universite Bordeaux 2, Institut National de la Recherche Agonomique, Centre de Recherche de Bordeaux, 33883 Villenave d Ornon, France
Plant Physiol 140:499-511. 2006The ripening of grape (Vitis vinifera) berry is characterized by dramatic changes in gene expression, enzymatic activities, and metabolism that lead to the production of compounds essential for berry quality...
- Vitis vinifera terpenoid cyclases: functional identification of two sesquiterpene synthase cDNAs encoding (+)-valencene synthase and (-)-germacrene D synthase and expression of mono- and sesquiterpene synthases in grapevine flowers and berriesJoost Lücker
Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, 6174 University Boulevard, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z3, Canada
Phytochemistry 65:2649-59. 2004Valencene is a volatile sesquiterpene emitted from flowers of grapevine, Vitis vinifera L. A full-length cDNA from the cultivar Gewürztraminer was functionally expressed in Escherichia coli and found to encode valencene synthase (VvVal)...
- Retrotransposon-induced mutations in grape skin colorShozo Kobayashi
Department of Grape and Persimmon Research, National Institute of Fruit Tree Science, Akitsu, Hiroshima 729-2494, Japan
Science 304:982. 2004
- Proanthocyanidin synthesis and expression of genes encoding leucoanthocyanidin reductase and anthocyanidin reductase in developing grape berries and grapevine leavesJochen Bogs
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, Plant Industry, Horticulture Unit, Glen Osmond, South Australia
Plant Physiol 139:652-63. 2005..We isolated and functionally characterized genes encoding both enzymes from grapevine (Vitis vinifera L. cv Shiraz). ANR was encoded by a single gene, but we found two highly related genes encoding LAR...
- Generation of ESTs in Vitis vinifera wine grape (Cabernet Sauvignon) and table grape (Muscat Hamburg) and discovery of new candidate genes with potential roles in berry developmentFred Y Peng
Wine Research Centre, Faculty of Land and Food Systems, University of British Columbia, 2205 East Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z4
Gene 402:40-50. 2007We report the generation and analysis of a total of 77,583 expressed sequence tags (ESTs) from two grapevine (Vitis vinifera L...
- Jasmonates and Na-orthovanadate promote resveratrol production in Vitis vinifera cv. Barbera cell culturesAnnalisa Tassoni
Department of Biology e s and Interdepartmental Centre for Biotechnology, University of Bologna, Via Irnerio 42, 40126 Bologna, Italy
New Phytol 166:895-905. 2005..effect of jasmonic acid, methyljasmonate and Na-orthovanadate on the production of resveratrol was studied in Vitis vinifera cv. Barbera cell suspension cultures. Na-orthovanadate at 0...
- Cloning and characterization of Vitis vinifera UDP-glucose:flavonoid 3-O-glucosyltransferase, a homologue of the enzyme encoded by the maize Bronze-1 locus that may primarily serve to glucosylate anthocyanidins in vivoC M Ford
Department of Horticulture, Viticulture and Oenology, The University of Adelaide, Glen Osmond SA 5064, South Australia
J Biol Chem 273:9224-33. 1998We report here the cloning and optimized expression at 16 degrees C and the characterization of a Vitis vinifera UDP-glucose:flavonoid 3-O-glucosyltransferase, an enzyme responsible for a late step in grapevine anthocyanin biosynthesis...
- Cloning and molecular analysis of structural genes involved in flavonoid and stilbene biosynthesis in grape (Vitis vinifera L.)F Sparvoli
Dipartimento di Genetica e di Biologia dei Microorganismi, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italia
Plant Mol Biol 24:743-55. 1994Genes involved in flavonoid and stilbene biosynthesis were isolated from grape (Vitis vinifera L.)...
- Analysis of the grape MYB R2R3 subfamily reveals expanded wine quality-related clades and conserved gene structure organization across Vitis and Arabidopsis genomesJosé Tomás Matus
Departamento de Fruticultura y Enología, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Av Vicuña Mackenna 4560, Santiago, Chile
BMC Plant Biol 8:83. 2008..In addition, previous analysis of the recently released grape genome sequence suggested expansion events of several gene families involved in wine quality...
- A grapevine gene encoding a guard cell K(+) channel displays developmental regulation in the grapevine berryRéjane Pratelli
Biologie du Développement des Plantes Pérennes Cultivées, Unité Mixte de Recherche 1098 Agro M Centre de Coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement, 2 place Viala, F 34060 Montpellier Cedex 1, France
Plant Physiol 128:564-77. 2002SIRK is a K(+) channel identified in grapevine (Vitis vinifera), belonging to the so-called Shaker family...
- Isogene specific oligo arrays reveal multifaceted changes in gene expression during grape berry (Vitis vinifera L.) developmentNancy Terrier
Unité Mixte de Recherche S P O, Biologie Intégrative de la Vigne et du Raisin, I N R A, 2 place Viala, 34060, Montpellier Cedex 1, France
Planta 222:832-47. 2005..genes in grape berry has been achieved by the use of 50-mers oligoarrays bearing a set of 3,200 Unigenes from Vitis vinifera to compare berry transcriptome at nine developmental stages...
- Densitometric thin-layer chromatographic determination of aescin in a herbal medicinal product containing Aesculus and Vitis dry extractsSandra Apers
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Wilrijk, Antwerp, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 1112:165-70. 2006..The capsules contain 250 mg of Aesculus hippocastanum dry extract, 120 mg of Vitis vinifera dry extract and 50mg of excipients...
- The diversity of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi amplified from grapevine roots (Vitis vinifera L.) in Oregon vineyards is seasonally stable and influenced by soil and vine ageR Paul Schreiner
USDA ARS Horticultural Crops Research Laboratory, Corvallis, Oregon 97330, USA
Mycologia 101:599-611. 2009..A separate analysis using primers to amplify AMF from the Archeasporaceae/Paraglomeraceae showed most root samples also were colonized by at least one Paraglomus or Archaeospora phylotype...
- Evaluation of pollen dispersal and cross pollination using transgenic grapevine plantsMargit Harst
Julius Kühn Institute JKI, Federal Research Centre for Cultivated Plants, Institute for Grapevine Breeding Geilweilerhof, Siebeldingen, Germany
Environ Biosafety Res 8:87-99. 2009..Though Vitis vinifera (grapevine) is generally considered to be self-pollinating, it cannot be excluded that vertical gene transfer ..
- A physical map of the heterozygous grapevine 'Cabernet Sauvignon' allows mapping candidate genes for disease resistanceMarco Moroldo
UMR de Génomique Végétale, INRA CNRS UEVE, 2, rue Gaston Crémieux, CP5708, 91057 Evry Cedex, France
BMC Plant Biol 8:66. 2008..An automated protocol was used to construct a Vitis vinifera 'Cabernet Sauvignon' physical map...
- Influence of a deficit irrigation regime during ripening on berry composition in grapevines (Vitis vinifera L.) grown in semi-arid areasMaría Isabel López
Centro de Investigación y Formación Agraria de Cabra Priego, Instituto de Investigación y Formación Agraria y Pesquera IFAPA, Junta de Andalucia, Cabra Córdoba, Spain
Int J Food Sci Nutr 58:491-507. 2007..effects of irrigation management strategies during ripening on the quality of Spanish field-grown grapevine (Vitis vinifera L...
- [Chemical composition of the virgin oil obtained by mechanical pressing form several grape seed varieties (Vitis vinifera L.) with emphasis on minor constituents]Petra Beatriz Navas
Instituto de Química y Tecnología, Facultad de Agronomia, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Maracay, Venezuela
Arch Latinoam Nutr 59:214-9. 2009..for more than the 80% of the tocochromanols present in the oils, while the tocopherols represented only the 10% The deep green color observed in all oil samples was associated to the presence of chlorophylls and other vegetable pigments..
- Polyphenol glucosylating activity in cell suspensions of grape (Vitis vinifera)Mark N Krasnow
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, One Shields Ave, Davis, CA, 95616, USA
J Agric Food Chem 52:3467-72. 2004..We have found an activity in extracts of cultured cells of Vitis vinifera (cv. Gamay Freaux) that glucosylates the stilbene resveratrol to form piceid. The Km for UDP-Glucose was 1...
- Chitosan treatment induces changes of protein expression profile and stilbene distribution in Vitis vinifera cell suspensionsMaura Ferri
Department of Experimental Evolutionary Biology and Interdepartmental Centre for Biotechnology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Proteomics 9:610-24. 2009..Proteomic analysis of Vitis vinifera (L.) cultivar (cv...
- Correction: High throughput approaches reveal splicing of primary microRNA transcripts and tissue specific expression of mature microRNAs in Vitis viniferaErica Mica
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari e Biotecnologie, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
BMC Genomics 11:109. 2010..The editors and authors regret the inconvenience caused to readers by premature publication of the original paper...
- Branch development controls leaf area dynamics in grapevine (Vitis vinifera) growing in drying soilEric Lebon
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Ecole Nationale Superieure Agronomique, Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie des Plantes sous Stress Environnementaux, UMR 759, INRA ENSA M, 2 place Viala, 34060 Montpellier Cedex 01, France
Ann Bot 98:175-85. 2006..However, it is considered a positive factor in grapevine management (Vitis vinifera), as it has been shown to increase grape quality...
- Characterization of Vitis vinifera NPR1 homologs involved in the regulation of pathogenesis-related gene expressionGaëlle Le Henanff
Laboratoire Vigne, Biotechnologies et Environnement LVBE, EA3991, Universite de Haute Alsace, 33 Rue de Herrlisheim, 68000 Colmar, France
BMC Plant Biol 9:54. 2009..In order to study defense response signalling to pathogens in Vitis vinifera, we took advantage of its recently completed genome sequence to characterize two putative orthologs of NPR1, a ..
- Sparing effect of procyanidins from Vitis vinifera on vitamin E: in vitro studiesR Maffei Facino
Istituto Chimico Farmaceutico Tossicologico, Milan, Italy
Planta Med 64:343-7. 1998..effect of a highly purified, high molecular weight fraction of catechin oligomers (procyanidins) from Vitis vinifera seeds on alpha-tocopherol was studied in both homogeneous solution and in heterogeneous phase (..
- Low level of pollen-mediated gene flow from cultivated to wild grapevine: consequences for the evolution of the endangered subspecies Vitis vinifera L. subsp. silvestrisManuel Di Vecchi-Staraz
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UMR 1097, Diversité et Adaptation des plantes Equipe Diversité, Génétique et génomique Vigne, 2, Place Viala, 34060 Montpellier, France
J Hered 100:66-75. 2009..and a paternity-based approach were tested for estimation of pollen-mediated gene flow in wild grapevine (Vitis vinifera L. subsp. silvestris), a wind-pollinated species occurring in Mediterranean Europe and southwestern Asia...
- In-vitro selection of Vitis vinifera 'Chardonnay' with Elsinoe ampelina culture filtrate is accompanied by fungal resistance and enhanced secretion of chitinaseS Jayasankar
Mid Florida Research and Education Center, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Apopka 32703, USA
Planta 211:200-8. 2000Proembryogenic masses of grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.) 'Chardonnay' (clone 02Ch) were exposed to the culture filtrate of Elsinoe ampelina (deBary) Shear, the causal agent of anthracnose disease...
- Effect of brining on biological activity of leaves of Vitis vinifera L. (Cv. Sultani Cekirdeksiz) from TurkeyMüberra Koşar
Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacognosy, Anadolu University, 26470 Eskisehir, Turkey
J Agric Food Chem 55:4596-603. 2007Leaves of Vitis vinifera (Fam. Vitaceae) cv. 'Sultani Cekirdeksiz' cultivated in Manisa-Alasehir in western Turkey, were processed with or without brine...
- VitisExpDB: a database resource for grape functional genomicsHarshavardhan Doddapaneni
USDA ARS, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Science Center, 9611 So Riverbend Ave, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
BMC Plant Biol 8:23. 2008..few years, several studies have generated functional genomic information on different Vitis species and cultivars, including the European grape vine, Vitis vinifera. Our goal is to develop a comprehensive web data source for Vitaceae.
- High throughput SNP discovery and genotyping in grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.) by combining a re-sequencing approach and SNPlex technologyDiego Lijavetzky
Departamento de Genética Molecular de Plantas, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, C Darwin 3, 28049 Madrid, Spain
BMC Genomics 8:424. 2007..Still the general application of those SNPs requires further validation since their use could be restricted to those specific genotypes...
- Linkage disequilibrium in wild French grapevine, Vitis vinifera L. subsp. silvestrisA Barnaud
INRA, UMR 1097 DIAPC, Equipe Génétique Vigne, Montpellier, France
Heredity 104:431-7. 2010..We present here the first characterization of LD in wild French grapevine, Vitis vinifera L. subsp. silvestris...
- Wine grape (Vitis vinifera L.) color associates with allelic variation in the domestication gene VvmybA1Patrice This
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Centre de Montpellier, UMR, Diversité et Génomes des Plantes Cultivées, Montpellier, France
Theor Appl Genet 114:723-30. 2007..In grapevine (Vitis vinifera) numerous changes have occurred as a result of human selection, including the emergence of hermaphroditism and ..
- Generation of a predicted protein database from EST data and application to iTRAQ analyses in grape (Vitis vinifera cv. Cabernet Sauvignon) berries at ripening initiationJoost Lücker
Faculty of Land and Food Systems, Wine Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Genomics 10:50. 2009..For species for which finished genome sequence data are not available, identification of proteins relies on similarity to proteins from other species using comprehensive peptide map databases such as the MSDB...
- Irrigation and rootstock effects on the phenolic concentration and aroma potential of Vitis vinifera L. cv. cabernet sauvignon grapesStefanos Koundouras
Laboratory of Viticulture, School of Agriculture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 541 24 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Agric Food Chem 57:7805-13. 2009..changes of skin and seed phenolic compounds and berry glycosylated aroma precursors were measured in Vitis vinifera L. cv...
- AFLP analysis of genetic relationships among aromatic grapevines (Vitis vinifera)G Fanizza
DIBCA Genetics and Plant Breeding Unit, University of Bari, Via Amendola 165 A, 70126 Bari, Italy
Theor Appl Genet 107:1043-7. 2003Genotypic diversity has been detected among aromatic grapevines (Vitis vinifera) by molecular markers (AFLPs). The 22 primer-pairs generated a total of 1,331 bands of which 564 (40%) were polymorphic over all the genotypes...
- Identification and quantification of phenolic compounds in grapes by HPLC-PDA-ESI-MS on a semimicro separation scaleIsabella Nicoletti
Istituto di Metodologie Chimiche CNR, Area della Ricerca di Roma 1, Via Salaria km 29 300, Montelibretti, P O Box 10, 00016 Monterotondo Stazione, Rome, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 56:8801-8. 2008..separation, identification, and quantification of phenolic compounds occurring in whole berries of Vitis vinifera, which comprise phenolic acids, flavonols, catechins, stilbenes, and anthocyanins...
- Phylogenetic analyses of Vitis (Vitaceae) based on complete chloroplast genome sequences: effects of taxon sampling and phylogenetic methods on resolving relationships among rosidsRobert K Jansen
Section of Integrative Biology and Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Patterson Laboratories 141, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
BMC Evol Biol 6:32. 2006..We sequenced the complete chloroplast genome of Vitis vinifera and used these data to assess relationships among 27 angiosperms, including nine taxa of rosids.
- Flavonol profiles of Vitis vinifera red grapes and their single-cultivar winesNoelia Castillo Muñoz
Area de Tecnologia de Alimentos, Escuela Universitaria de Ingenieria Tecnica Agricola, Ronda de Calatrava 7, 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 55:992-1002. 2007The main flavonols found in seven widespread Vitis vinifera red grape cultivars include the 3-glucosides and 3-glucuronides of myricetin and quercetin and the 3-glucosides of kaempferol and isorhamnetin...
- Biochemical and genetic polymorphisms for carboxylesterase and acetylesterase in grape clones of Vitis vinifera L. (Vitaceae) cultivarsGleice Ribeiro Orasmo
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, State University of Maringa, Maringa, Parana, 87020 900, Brazil
Biochem Genet 45:663-70. 2007..show the highest number of esterase loci and to detect alpha- and beta-esterase polymorphisms in leaf buds of Vitis vinifera cultivars...
- Influence of vine vigor on grape (Vitis vinifera L. Cv. Pinot Noir) anthocyanins. 2. Anthocyanins and pigmented polymers in wineJessica M Cortell
Department of Food Science and Technology and Department of Horticulture, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
J Agric Food Chem 55:6585-95. 2007The relationships between grapevine (Vitis vinifera) vigor variation and resulting wine anthocyanin concentration and composition and pigmented polymer formation were investigated...
- Procyanidins from Vitis vinifera seeds display cardioprotection in an experimental model of ischemia-reperfusion damageF Berti
Department of Pharmacology, Chemotherapy and Medical Toxicology, University of Milan, Italy
Drugs Exp Clin Res 29:207-16. 2003..These observations prompted us to investigate the cardioprotective activity of Vitis vinifera seeds in experimental ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Effects of elevated CO2 on grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.): volatile composition, phenolic content, and in vitro antioxidant activity of red wineBerta Gonçalves
Department of Food Science, CITAB Centre for the Research and Technology of Agro Environment and Biological Sciences, University of Tras os Montes e Alto Douro, Vila Real, Portugal
J Agric Food Chem 57:265-73. 2009..composition, phenolic content, and antioxidant activity) made from Touriga Franca, a native grape variety of Vitis vinifera L...
- 'Bois noir' phytoplasma induces significant reprogramming of the leaf transcriptome in the field grown grapevineMatjaz Hren
National Institute of Biology, Department of Biotechnology and Systems Biology, Vecna pot 111, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
BMC Genomics 10:460. 2009..plant pathogens which cause diseases in hundreds of economically important plants including the grapevine (Vitis vinifera)...
- Galloylated polyphenols efficiently reduce alpha-tocopherol radicals in a phospholipid model system composed of sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) micellesManuel Pazos
Instituto de Investigaciones Marinas CSIC, Vigo, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 57:5042-8. 2009The ability of several polyphenolic fractions from grape ( Vitis vinifera ) pomace, pine ( Pinus pinaster ) bark, and witch hazel ( Hammamelis virginiana ) bark to repair alpha-tocopherol (alpha-TOH) through reduction of the alpha-..
- Microcollinearity in an ethylene receptor coding gene region of the Coffea canephora genome is extensively conserved with Vitis vinifera and other distant dicotyledonous sequenced genomesRomain Guyot
UMR GDP, IRD BP 64501, Centre IRD de Montpellier, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
BMC Plant Biol 9:22. 2009..Here, we report the 160 kb of the first C. canephora Bacterial Artificial Chromosome (BAC) clone ever sequenced and its fine analysis...
- Quantitative analysis of the phenotypic variability of shoot architecture in two grapevine (Vitis vinifera) cultivarsGaëtan Louarn
INRA, Montpellier SupAgro, UMR759 LEPSE, 2 place Viala, F 34060 Montpellier, France
Ann Bot 99:425-37. 2007..A framework for the quantitative analysis of grapevine (Vitis vinifera) shoot architecture, based on a set of topological and geometrical parameters, was developed for the ..
- Mitochondrial DNA of Vitis vinifera and the issue of rampant horizontal gene transferVadim V Goremykin
Istituto Agrario San Michele all Adige Research Center, San Michele all Adige TN, Italy
Mol Biol Evol 26:99-110. 2009The mitochondrial genome of grape (Vitis vinifera), the largest organelle genome sequenced so far, is presented. The genome is 773,279 nt long and has the highest coding capacity among known angiosperm mitochondrial DNAs (mtDNAs)...
- Tissue-specific mRNA expression profiling in grape berry tissuesJerome Grimplet
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
BMC Genomics 8:187. 2007Berries of grape (Vitis vinifera) contain three major tissue types (skin, pulp and seed) all of which contribute to the aroma, color, and flavor characters of wine...
- Procyanidins from grape seeds protect endothelial cells from peroxynitrite damage and enhance endothelium-dependent relaxation in human artery: new evidences for cardio-protectionGiancarlo Aldini
Istituto Chimico Farmaceutico Tossicologico, University of Milan, Viale Abruzzi 42 20131 Milan, Italy
Life Sci 73:2883-98. 2003The peroxynitrite scavenging ability of Procyanidins from Vitis vinifera L. seeds was studied in homogeneous solution and in human umbilical endothelial cells (EA...
- Wound-healing properties of the oils of Vitis vinifera and Vaccinium macrocarponB Shivananda Nayak
Department of Preclinical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, St Augustine, Trinidad
Phytother Res 25:1201-8. 2011b>Vitis vinifera (grape) and Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) are well known medicinal plants; most of the pharmacologically active phytochemicals have been isolated from the skin, fruit juice, fermented extract and alcohol fractions of ..
- Colour variation in red grapevines (Vitis vinifera L.): genomic organisation, expression of flavonoid 3'-hydroxylase, flavonoid 3',5'-hydroxylase genes and related metabolite profiling of red cyanidin-/blue delphinidin-based anthocyanins in berry skinSimone D Castellarin
Dipartimento di Scienze Agrarie e Ambientali, University of Udine, Via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
BMC Genomics 7:12. 2006..The relative proportion of the two types of anthocyanins is largely under genetic control and determines the colour variation among red/purple/blue berry grape varieties and their corresponding wines...
- Berry and phenology-related traits in grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.): from quantitative trait loci to underlying genesLaura Costantini
Genetics and Molecular Biology Department, IASMA Research Center, Via E, Mach 1, 38010 San Michele all Adige TN, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 8:38. 2008..In order to elucidate their genetic determinism we carried out a quantitative analysis in a 163 individuals-F1 segregating progeny obtained by crossing two table grape cultivars...
- Mechanisms of powdery mildew resistance in the Vitaceae familyAngela Feechan
CSIRO Plant Industry, PO Box 350, Glen Osmond, SA 5064, Australia
Mol Plant Pathol 12:263-74. 2011The cultivated grapevine, Vitis vinifera, is a member of the Vitaceae family, which comprises over 700 species in 14 genera. Vitis vinifera is highly susceptible to the powdery mildew pathogen Erysiphe necator...
- Accumulation of tocopherols and tocotrienols during seed development of grape (Vitis vinifera L. cv. Albert Lavallée)G Horvath
Research Group of Plant Physiology, Department of Biology, University of Antwerp, Groenenborgerlaan 171, 2020 Antwerp, Belgium
Plant Physiol Biochem 44:724-31. 2006..Here we present data on tocopherol and tocotrienol accumulation during seed development in Vitis vinifera L. cv. Albert Lavallée (Royal)...
- Genome-wide transcriptional analysis of grapevine berry ripening reveals a set of genes similarly modulated during three seasons and the occurrence of an oxidative burst at vèraisonStefania Pilati
Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology IASMA Research Center, Via E, Mach 1, 38010 S, Michele a Adige TN, Italy
BMC Genomics 8:428. 2007..Despite this relevance, little is known about the transcriptional changes and the regulatory circuits underlying the biochemical and physical changes occurring during berry development...
- A high quality draft consensus sequence of the genome of a heterozygous grapevine varietyRiccardo Velasco
IASMA Research Center, San Michele all Adige, Trento, Italy
PLoS ONE 2:e1326. 2007Worldwide, grapes and their derived products have a large market. The cultivated grape species Vitis vinifera has potential to become a model for fruit trees genetics...
- Xylem structure and connectivity in grapevine (Vitis vinifera) shoots provides a passive mechanism for the spread of bacteria in grape plantsDavid S Chatelet
Section of Plant Biology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Ann Bot 98:483-94. 2006..This study builds on and expands previous observations on the nature of these conduits and how they affect Xf movement...
- Cloning, functional identification and structural modelling of Vitis vinifera S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylaseAnnalisa Tassoni
Department of Biology e s and Interdepartmental Centre for Biotechnology, University of Bologna, Via Irnerio 42, Bologna, Italy
J Plant Physiol 164:1208-19. 2007..1.1.50) cDNA from Vitis vinifera L...
- Transgenic plants from shoot apical meristems of Vitis vinifera L. "Thompson Seedless" via Agrobacterium-mediated transformationM Dutt
Citrus Research and Education Center, University of Florida IFAS, Lake Alfred, FL 33850, USA
Plant Cell Rep 26:2101-10. 2007Shoot apical meristem explants of Vitis vinifera "Thompson Seedless" were used for Agrobacterium-mediated genetic transformation...
- Procyanidins from Vitis vinifera seeds inhibit the respiratory burst of activated human neutrophils and lysosomal enzyme releaseM Carini
Istituto Chimico Farmaceutico Tossicologico, University of Milan, Italy
Planta Med 67:714-7. 2001The inhibitory properties of procyanidins (a standardized oligomeric catechin fraction) from Vitis vinifera L...
- Transformation of apple ( Malus domestica Borkh.) with the stilbene synthase gene from grapevine ( Vitis vinifera L.) and a PGIP gene from kiwi ( Actinidia deliciosa)I Szankowski
Institut für Gemüse und Obstbau, Universitat Hannover, Am Steinberg 3, 31157 Sarstedt, Germany
Plant Cell Rep 22:141-9. 2003..The gene encoding the stilbene synthase (Vst1) from Vitis vinifera L...
- Antioxidant activity and radioprotective effects against chromosomal damage induced in vivo by X-rays of flavan-3-ols (Procyanidins) from grape seeds (Vitis vinifera): comparative study versus other phenolic and organic compoundsJ Castillo
Research and Development Department of Furfural Español S A, Camino Viejo de Pliego s n, 80320 Alcantarilla, Murcia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 48:1738-45. 2000The quantitative distribution of several flavan-3-ols was determined using HPLC in a grape (Vitis vinifera) seed extract (GSE) of four cultivars grown in the region of Murcia...
- Changes in the accumulation of alpha- and beta-tubulin during bud development in Vitis vinifera LLuigi Parrotta
Dipartimento Scienze Ambientali, University of Siena, Via Mattioli 4, 53100 Siena, Italy
Planta 231:277-91. 2010..In grapevine (Vitis vinifera L...
- Evolution of volatile compounds during the development of cabernet sauvignon grapes (Vitis vinifera L.)Curtis M Kalua
CSIRO Plant Industry and Food Futures Flagship, P O Box 350, Glen Osmond, SA 5064, Australia
J Agric Food Chem 57:3818-30. 2009....
- Prediction of wine color attributes from the phenolic profiles of red grapes (Vitis vinifera)Jacob S Jensen
The Department of Chemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Søltofts Plads, Building 229, 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
J Agric Food Chem 56:1105-15. 2008..Grape extracts and wines were produced from 55 different grape samples, covering 8 different Vitis vinifera cultivars: Alicante, Merlot, Syrah, Cinsault, Grenache, Carignan, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Mourvedre...
- Sequestration of auxin by the indole-3-acetic acid-amido synthetase GH3-1 in grape berry (Vitis vinifera L.) and the proposed role of auxin conjugation during ripeningChristine Böttcher
CSIRO Plant Industry, PO Box 350, Glen Osmond, SA 5064, Australia
J Exp Bot 61:3615-25. 2010..encoding for an IAA-amido synthetase which conjugates IAA to amino acids, was detected in grape berries (Vitis vinifera L.)...
- Quantitative prediction of cell wall polysaccharide composition in grape (Vitis vinifera L.) and apple (Malus domestica) skins from acid hydrolysis monosaccharide profilesAnis Arnous
Center for Bioprocess Engineering, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
J Agric Food Chem 57:3611-9. 2009..basis of monosaccharide analysis after acid hydrolysis of fruit skin samples of three wine grape cultivars, Vitis vinifera L...
- The photoprotective role of epidermal anthocyanins and surface pubescence in young leaves of grapevine (Vitis vinifera)Georgios Liakopoulos
Laboratory of Plant Physiology, Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Agricultural University of Athens, Iera Odos 75, 118 55, Botanikos, Athens, Greece
Ann Bot 98:257-65. 2006Depending on cultivar, surfaces of young leaves of Vitis vinifera may be glabrous-green ('Soultanina') or transiently have anthocyanins ('Siriki') or pubescence ('Athiri')...
- Epigenetic Effects of ResveratrolEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..As more and more Americans turn to nutraceuticals for a healthier lifestyle, studies like these are increasingly important in the fight against cancer. ..