Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Ethnoveterinary medicines used to treat endoparasites and stomach problems in pigs and pets in British Columbia, CanadaCheryl Lans
BCICS, University of Victoria, British Columbia V8W 2Y2, Canada
Vet Parasitol 148:325-40. 2007..Ranunculaceae), Juglans nigra L. (Juglandaceae), Olea europaea L. (Oleaceae) and Ruta graveolens L. (Rutaceae)). Stomach problems were treated with: Achillea millefolium L. (Asteraceae), Aloe vera (L...
- Comparative study of the assay of Artemia salina L. and the estimate of the medium lethal dose (LD50 value) in mice, to determine oral acute toxicity of plant extractsA Logarto Parra
Drug Research and Development Center CIDEM, Biologic Research Department, Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba
Phytomedicine 8:395-400. 2001..Plantaginaceae); Plectranthus amboinicus (Lour.) Spreng. (Lamiaceae); Ruta graveolens L. (Rutaceae); Senna alata (L.) Roxb. (Fabaceae); Stachytarpheta jamaicensis (L...
- Repellent activity of plant-derived compounds against Amblyomma cajennense (Acari: Ixodidae) nymphsSara Fernandes Soares
Centro de Parasitologia Veterinária, Escola de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Goias UFG, Campus II Samambaia, Caixa Postal 131, 74001 970 Goiania, GO, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 167:67-73. 2010..Cymbopogon nardus, Spiranthera odoratissima, Chenopodium ambrosioides, Ageratum conyzoides, Mentha pulegium, Ruta graveolens, and Memora nodosa were studied. Among these the extract of C...
- Application of chitin and chitosan as elicitors of coumarins and fluoroquinolone alkaloids in Ruta graveolens L. (common rue)Aleksandra Orlita
Faculty of Chemistry, University of Gdansk, ul Sobieskiego 18, PL 80 952 Gdansk, Poland
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 51:91-6. 2008Common rue (Ruta graveolens L.) accumulates various types of secondary metabolites, such as coumarins furanocoumarins, acridone and quinolone alkaloids and flavonoids...
- In vitro susceptibility of Entamoeba histolytica and Giardia lamblia to plants used in Mexican traditional medicine for the treatment of gastrointestinal disordersFernando Calzada
Unidad de Investigación Médica en Farmacología de Productos Naturales, Hospital de Pediatria, 2 Piso, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, IMSS, Av Cuauhtemoc 330, Col Doctores, CP 06725, Mexico, DF, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 108:367-70. 2006..Dorstenia contrajerva, Senna villosa and Ruta chalepensis were the most active toward Giardia lamblia with IC50 < 38 microg/ml...
- Inhibition of chemically induced carcinogenesis by drugs used in homeopathic medicineK B Hari Kumar
Amala Cancer Research Centre, Amala Nagar, Thrissur, Kerala State, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 8:98-102. 2007..We have used Ruta, Hydrastis, Lycopodium and Thuja, which are commonly employed in homeopathy for treating cancer...
- An acridone-producing novel multifunctional type III polyketide synthase from Huperzia serrataKiyofumi Wanibuchi
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the COE 21 Program, University of Shizuoka, Japan
FEBS J 274:1073-82. 2007..Interestingly, Hu. serrata polyketide synthase 1 lacks most of the consensus active site sequences with acridone synthase from Ruta graveolens (Rutaceae).
- Clastogenic potential of Ruta graveolens extract and a homeopathic preparation in mouse bone marrow cellsKorengath C Preethi
Department of Biochemistry, Amala Cancer Research Centre, Kerala, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 9:763-9. 2008b>Ruta graveolens belonging to family Rutaceae has long been traditionally used as a medicinal plant as well as a flavoring agent in food. However, very little data are available on the toxicity of the plant...
- Effects of ephedrine and phenylephrine on uterine and placental circulations and fetal outcome following fetal hypoxaemia and epidural-induced hypotension in a sheep modelT Erkinaro
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital of Oulu, PO Box 21, FIN 90029 OYS, Finland
Br J Anaesth 93:825-32. 2004..We hypothesized that ephedrine and phenylephrine, administered for maternal hypotension following fetal hypoxaemia, are equal in respect of fetal outcome...
- 4-Phenoxybutoxy-substituted heterocycles--a structure-activity relationship study of blockers of the lymphocyte potassium channel Kv1.3Silke B Bodendiek
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, Davis, Genome and Biomedical Sciences Facility, 451 Health Sciences Drive, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Eur J Med Chem 44:1838-52. 2009..Using 5-methoxypsoralen (5-MOP, 1), a compound isolated from Ruta graveolens, as a template we previously synthesized 5-(4-phenoxybutoxy)psoralen (PAP-1, 2) which inhibits Kv1...
- 'Translation is not enough': using the Global Person Generated Index (GPGI) to assess individual quality of life in Bangladesh, Thailand, and EthiopiaLaura Camfield
Wellbeing in Developing Countries ESRC Research Group, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
Qual Life Res 16:1039-51. 2007..The GPGI is based on the widely used Patient Generated Index (Ruta, Camfield, & Martin, (2004) Quality of Life Research, 13, 1545...
- Chemical composition and antioxidant potential of Ruta montana L. essential oil from AlgeriaN Kambouche
Organic Synthesis Laboratory, Chemistry Department, Sciences Faculty, Essenia University, Oran, Algeria
J Med Food 11:593-5. 2008The essential oil of aerial parts of Ruta montana L. growing in the Oran region in the west of Algeria was obtained by hydrodistillation with a 1.63% yield on a dry weight basis...
- Rue the herb: Ruta graveolens--associated phytophototoxicityKimberly Eickhorst
Department of Dermatology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Dermatitis 18:52-5. 2007We describe an unusual case of phytophototoxicity induced by an herbal plant, Ruta graveolens, from the Rutaceae family. This common herb, also called rue, can be found throughout rural settings in the United States...
- Phylogenetic relationships of Ruteae (Rutaceae): new evidence from the chloroplast genome and comparisons with non-molecular dataGabriele Salvo
Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Zurich, Zollikerstrasse 107, Ch 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Phylogenet Evol 49:736-48. 2008..The phylogenetic analyses determined that Haplophyllum and Ruta form reciprocally exclusive monophyletic groups and that Dictamnus is not closely related to the other genera of ..
- Inhibition of lipopolysaccharide-inducible nitric oxide synthase and IL-1beta through suppression of NF-kappaB activation by 3-(1'-1'-dimethyl-allyl)-6-hydroxy-7-methoxy-coumarin isolated from Ruta graveolens LSunil Kumar Raghav
Proteomics and Structural Biology Division, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi 110 007, India
Eur J Pharmacol 560:69-80. 2007The Ruta graveolens L. plant is used in traditional medicine to treat a large number of diseases...
- Transvaginal Doppler-guided uterine artery occlusion for the treatment of symptomatic fibroids: summary results from two pilot studiesGeorge A Vilos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Joseph s Health Care, London, ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 32:149-54. 2010..To evaluate the feasibility, safety, and short-term efficacy of bilateral uterine artery occlusion, using a transvaginal Doppler-guided vascular clamp as a minimally invasive therapy for symptomatic uterine leiomyomas...
- Long-term outcome from uterine fibroid embolization with tris-acryl gelatin microspheres: results of a multicenter studyJames B Spies
Department of Radiology, Georgetown University Hospital, 3800 Reservoir Rd NW, CG 201, Washington, DC 20007 2197, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:203-7. 2007..To determine the long-term outcome of uterine fibroid therapy (UFE) using tris-acryl gelatin microspheres (TAGM)...
- [Toxic hepatitis due to the use of Ruta herbal medicine]Elena Rabaev
Department of Family Medicine, Dimona Dalet Clalit Health Services, Beer Sheba, Israel
Harefuah 150:235-6, 305. 2011..In this case report, we present an example of toxic hepatitis due to use of Ruta herbal medicine, an unfamiliar side effect of the common herbal medicine Ruta.
- Neuropharmacological profile of an ethanol extract of Ruta chalepensis L. in miceM E Gonzalez-Trujano
Direccion de Investigaciones en Neurociencias del Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatria Ramon de la Fuente, Calz Mexico Xochimilco 101, Col Sn Lorenzo Huipulco, 14370 Mexico, D F, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 106:129-35. 2006The effects of an ethanol extract of the aerial parts of Ruta chalepensis on the central nervous system (CNS) and LD(50) determination were studied in mice...
- A previously undescribed pathway for pyrimidine catabolismKevin D Loh
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, 111 Koshland Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5114-9. 2006..We propose that the genes of this operon be named rutA-G for pyrimidine utilization...
- A 2-oxoglutarate-dependent dioxygenase from Ruta graveolens L. exhibits p-coumaroyl CoA 2'-hydroxylase activity (C2'H): a missing step in the synthesis of umbelliferone in plantsGuilhem Vialart
UMR 1121 Lorraine University, INRA Agronomie et Environnement Nancy Colmar, ENSAIA, 2 Avenue de la Foret de Haye, 54505 Vandœuvre Lès Nancy, France
Plant J 70:460-70. 2012..approach and a cDNA library screen to identify an orthologous ORF (Genbank accession number JF799117) from Ruta graveolens L...
- Fifth instar experience reduces aversiveness of the plant extract ruda (Ruta Graveolens) in the adult triatomine Rhodnius prolixus Stal 1859Charles I Abramson
Laboratory of Comparative Psychology and Behavioral Biology, Department of Psychology, 215 N Murray, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
J Vector Ecol 31:196-7. 2006
- Anti-tumour activity of Ruta graveolens extractK C Preethi
Amala Cancer Research Centre, Amala Nagar, Thrissur, Kerala 680555, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 7:439-43. 2006An extract of Ruta graveolens was found to be cytotoxic to Dalton's lymphoma ascites (DLA), Ehrlich ascites carcinoma (EAC) and L929 cells in culture (IC100=16 mg/ml) and also to increase the lifespan of tumour bearing animals...
- Evaluation of antileishmanial, cytotoxic and antioxidant activities of essential oils extracted from plants issued from the leishmaniasis-endemic region of Sned (Tunisia)S Ben Hadj Ahmed
Departement de Biologie, Faculté des Sciences de Gafsa, Campus Universitaire Zarroug Gafsa 2112, Gafsa, Tunisia
Nat Prod Res 25:1195-201. 2011..62% and camphor at 13.82%) is significantly active against both L. major and L. infantum, whereas Ruta chalepensis EO (rich on 2-undecanone at 84.28%) is only active against L. infantum...
- Combinatorial synthesis by nature: volatile organic sulfur-containing constituents of Ruta chalepensis LSina Escher
Firmenich SA, Corporate R and D Division, P O Box 239, CH 1211 Geneva 8
Chem Biodivers 3:943-57. 2006..new natural fragrance and flavor ingredients prompted us to examine a solvent extract of sulfurous-sweaty smelling Ruta chalepensis L. (Rutaceae) plant material more closely...
- The role of NO and cGMP in antispasmodic activity of Ruta chalepensis leaf extract on rat ileumA A Moazedi
Department of Biology, School of Science, Shahid Chamran University, Ahwaz, Iran
Pak J Biol Sci 13:83-7. 2010The aim of present study was to investigate the effect of hydroalcoholic extract of Ruta chalepensis (Rutaceae) leaves on rat ileum contractility and possible mechanism(s) involved...
- Antidiabetic and cytotoxicity screening of five medicinal plants used by traditional African health practitioners in the Nelson Mandela Metropole, South AfricaMea van Huyssteen
Department of Pharmacy, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med 8:150-8. 2011..project with these practitioners focused on the screening of Bulbine frutescens, Ornithogalum longibracteatum, Ruta graveolens, Tarchonanthus camphoratus and Tulbaghia violacea for antidiabetic and cytotoxic potential...
- The ecological aspect of ethnobotany and ethnopharmacology of population in Bosnia and HerzegovinaSulejman S Redzić
Center of Ecology and Natural Resources, Faculty of Science University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Coll Antropol 31:869-90. 2007..asclepiadea, Helichrysum italicum, Lycopodium clavatum, Marrubium vulgare, Nepeta cataria, Populus tremula, Ruta graveolens, Tamus communis, Teucrium montanum, T. chamaedrys, and endemic plants Gentiana lutea subsp...
- Methanolic extract of Ruta graveolens L. inhibits inflammation and oxidative stress in adjuvant induced model of arthritis in ratsM Ratheesh
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram 695581, India
Inflammopharmacology 17:100-5. 2009b>Ruta graveolens L. (Rutaceae) are traditionally used for the treatment of rheumatism, arthritis and other inflammatory conditions in the traditional medicine of India...
- [Cloning, expression and functional identification of a type III polyketide synthase gene from Huperzia serrata]Jin cui Ye
Institute of Materia Medica, Zhejiang Academy of Medical Sciences, Hangzhou, 310013, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 46:1273-8. 2011..Interestingly, H. serrata PKS2 lacks most of the consensus active site sequences with acridone synthase from Ruta graveolens (Rutaceae).
- Composition and anti-oxidant, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory activities of Artemisia herba-alba, Ruta chalpensis L. and Peganum harmala LDaycem Khlifi
Universite de Toulouse, Laboratoire des Interactions Moleculaires et Reactivite Chimique et Photochimique, UMR CNRS 5623, Universite Paul Sabatier, 118 route de Narbonne, F 31062 Toulouse, France
Food Chem Toxicol 55:202-8. 2013In this study, biological activities of methanolic extracts from Artemisia herba-alba, Ruta chalpensis L. and Peganum harmala L. plants, collected in Centre of Tunisia, were investigated...
- Field trials on the repellent activity of four plant products against mainly Mansonia population in western EthiopiaMamuye Hadis
Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute, PO Box 1242, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Phytother Res 17:202-5. 2003The repellent activity of essential oils of lemon eucalyptus (Eucalyptus maculata citrodion), rue (Ruta chalepensis), oleoresin of pyrethrum (Chrysanthemum cinerariaefolium) and neem (Azadiracta indica) have been field tested as 40%, 50% ..
- Oral administration of alkaloid fraction from Ruta graveolens inhibits oxidative stress and inflammation in hypercholesterolemic rabbitsM Ratheesh
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, India
Pharm Biol 51:1552-8. 2013The anti-atherogenic effect of alkaloid fraction from Ruta graveolens Linn (Rutaceae) extract is suspected to be related to its activities of antioxidation and anti-inflammation.
- Furanocoumarin biosynthesis in Ammi majus L. Cloning of bergaptol O-methyltransferaseMarc Hehmann
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 271:932-40. 2004..had been reported to methylate bergaptol to bergapten and xanthotoxol to xanthotoxin, from induced cell cultures of Ruta graveolens, Petroselinum crispum and Ammi majus...
- Antibacterial activity of extracts from some edible plants commonly consumed in AsiaN S Alzoreky
Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Food Science, Sana a University, Sana a, Yemen
Int J Food Microbiol 80:223-30. 2003..The most sensitive microorganism to extracts from Azadirachta indica, Cinnamomum cassia, Rumex nervosus, Ruta graveolens, Thymus serpyllum and Zingiber officinale was B. cereus, with MIC of 165 to 660 mg l(-1). E. coli and S...
- Iron deficiency and fatigue in adolescent females with heavy menstrual bleedingW Wang
College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Haemophilia 19:225-30. 2013..To evaluate the degree and effects of menstrual blood loss, we utilized the Ruta Menorrhagia Severity Score. We investigated the symptoms of fatigue using the Fatigue Severity Scale...
- Phytotoxins from the leaves of Ruta graveolensAmber L Hale
Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Mississippi, University, Mississippi 38677, USA
J Agric Food Chem 52:3345-9. 2004Bioassay-guided fractionation of the ethyl acetate extract of Ruta graveolens (common rue) leaves led to the isolation of the furanocoumarins 5-methoxypsoralen (5-MOP), 8-methoxypsoralen (8-MOP), and the quinolone alkaloid graveoline as ..
- Dual role of boxB RNA motif in the mechanisms of termination/antitermination at the lambda tR1 terminator revealed in vivoErwann Vieu
Centre de Biophysique Moleculaire, CNRS, rue Charles Sadron, 45071 Orleans, France
J Mol Biol 339:1077-87. 2004..at the phage lambda tR1 terminator is governed primarily by the upstream rut element that encodes two RNA regions rutA and rutB...
- Bioactivity against Bursaphelenchus xylophilus: Nematotoxics from essential oils, essential oils fractions and decoction watersJorge M S Faria
Universidade de Lisboa, Faculdade de Ciencias de Lisboa, DBV, IBB, Centro de Biotecnologia Vegetal, C2, Campo Grande, 1749 016 Lisboa, Portugal
Phytochemistry 94:220-8. 2013..Twenty EOs showed corrected mortalities ⩾96% at 2 μL/mL. These were further tested at lower concentrations. Ruta graveolens, Satureja montana and Thymbra capitata EOs showed lethal concentrations (LC100)<0.4μL/mL...
- Specific accumulation and revised structures of acridone alkaloid glucosides in the tips of transformed roots of Ruta graveolensInna Kuzovkina
Timiryazev Institute of Plant Physiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Botanicheskaya ul 35, 127276 Moscow, Russia
Phytochemistry 65:1095-100. 2004The root tips of Ruta graveolens (common rue) show strong autofluorescence of acridone alkaloids, which are characteristic secondary metabolites of this plant...
- Antimicrobial and cytotoxic activity of Ruta graveolensA Ivanova
Institute of Organic Chemistry with Centre of Phytochemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
Fitoterapia 76:344-7. 2005The methanol, petroleum ether, ethyl acetate and water-methanol extracts of Ruta graveolens were found to possess antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities.
- [Transformation of the names of certain herbs by linguistic transfer - colchicum, wormseed, soybean, nandina and wijnruit]Masao Uchibayashi
Yakushigaku Zasshi 39:350-4. 2004..and soybeans, (4) from the Japanese plant nanten to the genus Nandina, and (5) from the Dutch term wijnruit (wine-ruta) to hen-ruda in Japanese...
- Molluscicidal activity of some Moroccan medicinal plantsM Hmamouchi
Unité de recherche Substances Naturelles, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Rabat, B P 6203, Rabat Institut, Maroc
Fitoterapia 71:308-14. 2000..activity, ethyl acetate extract from Origanum compactum and hexane extracts from both Chenopodium ambrosioides and Ruta chalepensis were the most active (LC(90)=2.00, 2.23 and 2...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of quinoline alkaloid skimmianine isolated from Ruta graveolens LM Ratheesh
Department of Biochemistry, Kerala University, Trivandrum, India
Inflamm Res 62:367-76. 2013The present study evaluates the anti-inflammatory effect of the quinoline alkaloid skimmianine (SKM), isolated from Ruta graveolens L., against carrageenan-induced acute inflammation.
- Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of the essential oils from four Ruta species growing in AlgeriaFarah Haddouchi
Laboratory of Natural Products, Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Abou Bekr Belkaid University, B P 119, Tlemcen 13000, Algeria
Food Chem 141:253-8. 2013..of this research is to study the antibacterial and antifungal effects of four traditional plants essential oils, Ruta angustifolia, Ruta chalepensis, Ruta graveolens and Ruta tuberculata, against standard bacterial and fungal strains...
- [Effects of ruta SSP on the activity of the smooth gastrointestinal muscle isolated of rat]Carlota A Grigorjev
Cátedra de Farmacología General Escuela Práctica Facultad de Ciencias Médicas Universidad Nacional de Córdoba Santa Rosa 1085, 5000 Cordoba, Argentina
Rev Fac Cien Med Univ Nac Cordoba 67:77-80. 2010b>Ruta graveolens L. and Ruta chalepensis L. are plants used in folkloric medicine as antispasmodics, digestive and for intestinal gases...
- CYP98A22, a phenolic ester 3'-hydroxylase specialized in the synthesis of chlorogenic acid, as a new tool for enhancing the furanocoumarin concentration in Ruta graveolensFazeelat Karamat
Université de Lorraine UMR 1121, Agronomie et Environnement Nancy Colmar, ENSAIA 2 avenue de la forêt de Haye, 54505 Vandœuvre Lès Nancy, France
BMC Plant Biol 12:152. 2012..with proven therapeutic properties and are produced in only a small number of medicinal plant species such as Ruta graveolens. In vivo, these molecules play a protective role against phytophageous insect attack...
- Larvicidal and repellent activity of essential oils from wild and cultivated Ruta chalepensis L. (Rutaceae) against Aedes albopictus Skuse (Diptera: Culicidae), an arbovirus vectorBarbara Conti
Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment, University of Pisa, Via del Borghetto 80, 56124, Pisa, Italy
Parasitol Res 112:991-9. 2013..In our research, the essential oils extracted from fresh leaves of wild and cultivated plants of Ruta chalepensis L...
- Acoustic excitations in glassy sorbitol and their relation with the fragility and the boson peakB Ruta
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, BP220, F 38043 Grenoble, France
J Chem Phys 137:214502. 2012..b>Ruta, G. Monaco, F. Scarponi, and D. Fioretto, Philos. Mag. 88, 3939 (2008)]...
- From traditional European medicine to discovery of new drug candidates for the treatment of dementia and Alzheimer's disease: acetylcholinesterase inhibitorsP Russo
Laboratory of Systems Approaches and Non Communicable Diseases, IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, Via di Valcannuta, 247, I 00166 Roma, Italia
Curr Med Chem 20:976-83. 2013..Starting from Galanthamine, properties of Melissa species, Salvia officinalis, Arnica chamissonis and Ruta graveolens are discussed to point to the role of these plants as potential sources for the development of ..
- A multi-faceted analysis of RutD reveals a novel family of α/β hydrolasesAleksandra A Knapik
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903, USA
Proteins 80:2359-68. 2012..The rut operon in E. coli evaded detection until 2006, yet consists of seven proteins named RutA, RutB, etc. through RutG...
- Antibacterial activity of methanol extract of Ruta chalapensis (L), Quercus infectoria (Oliver) and Canthium parviflorum (Lam)P Sathiya Priya
Depart of Biochemistry, Karpagam University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
Anc Sci Life 29:28-31. 2009The present study aimed at evaluating the antibacterial activity of methanol extract of Ruta chalapensis, L., (Rutaceae), Quercus infectoria Oliver., (Fagaceae) and Canthium parviflorum Lam...
- Effect of polyamines on shoot multiplication and furanocoumarin production in Ruta graveolens culturesRenuka Diwan
Department of Botany, University of Pune, India
Nat Prod Commun 7:895-8. 2012..furanocoumarin production was investigated by exogenous addition, at different concentrations, to shoot cultures of Ruta graveolens at different phases of growth...
- Up and down: stamen movements in Ruta graveolens (Rutaceae) enhance both outcrossing and delayed selfingMing Xun Ren
Key Laboratory of Aquatic Botany and Watershed Ecology, Wuhan Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China
Ann Bot 110:1017-25. 2012..Recently, complex patterns of stamen movements have been identified in Loasaceae, Parnassiaceae, Rutaceae and Tropaeolaceae. In this study the stamen movements in Ruta graveolens (Rutaceae) and their impact on pollination are determined.
- A new furoquinoline alkaloid with antifungal activity from the leaves of Ruta chalepensis LA Emam
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Fayoum University, Fayoum, Egypt
Drug Discov Ther 4:399-404. 2010..known biscoumarin daphnoretin (2) as the active constituents of the chloroform extract obtained from the leaves of Ruta chalepensis...
- [Phagodeterrent and systemic activity of a fomulation derived from an extract of common rue (Ruta chalepensis, Rutaceae) on Hypsipyla grandella (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) larvae]Javier Barboza
Escuela de Quimica, Universidad Nacional, Heredia, Costa Rica
Rev Biol Trop 58:15-29. 2010..Since crude extracts of common rue foliage (Ruta chalepensis L.) have phagodeterrent activity on H...
- Molecular authentication of the medicinal herb Ruta graveolens (Rutaceae) and an adulterant using nuclear and chloroplast DNA markersF Al-Qurainy
Department of Botany and Microbiology, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Genet Mol Res 10:2806-16. 2011..b>Ruta graveolens, sold as a dried medicinal herb, can be adulterated with Euphorbia dracunculoides...
- Protective effects of isolated polyphenolic and alkaloid fractions of Ruta graveolens L. on acute and chronic models of inflammationM Ratheesh
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram 695 581, India
Inflammation 33:18-24. 2010b>Ruta graveolens L...
- Free phenolic acids in Ruta graveolens L. in vitro cultureH Ekiert
Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Jagiellonian University, Collegium Medicum, Faculty of Pharmacy, Krakow, Poland
Pharmazie 64:694-6. 2009Eight phenolic acids were determined using HPLC method in methanolic extracts of Ruta graveolens L...
- Cell cycle analysis and cytotoxic potential of Ruta graveolens against human tumor cell linesP Varamini
Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research, Shiraz Univeristy of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Neoplasma 56:490-3. 2009There are reports on the presence of various compounds exerting different biological activities in Ruta graveolens, a plant of Rutaceae family. The aim of the present study was to evaluate in vitro cytotoxicity of the total extract of R...
- Effect of Ruta graveolens and Cannabis sativa alcoholic extract on spermatogenesis in the adult wistar male ratsM R Sailani
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Isfahan University, Isfahan, Iran
Indian J Urol 23:257-60. 2007The present study was undertaken to evaluate the effects of alcohol extracts of Ruta graveolens and Cannabis sativa that were used traditionally in medieval Persian medicine as male contraceptive drugs, on spermatogenesis in the adult ..
- Ruta 6 selectively induces cell death in brain cancer cells but proliferation in normal peripheral blood lymphocytes: A novel treatment for human brain cancerSen Pathak
Department of Molecular Genetics, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Oncol 23:975-82. 2003..We investigated the brain cancer cell-killing activity of a homeopathic medicine, Ruta, isolated from a plant, Ruta graveolens...
- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Ruta graveolens LKarine Lièvre
UMR Nancy Université INRA Agronomie et Environnement Nancy Colmar, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Methods Mol Biol 547:235-48. 2009Agrobacterium tumefaciens is used to develop a genetic transformation method for a medicinal plant Ruta graveolens. The direct plant regeneration strategy is preferred to callus line establishment...
- Floral ontogeny of Ruteae (Rutaceae) and its systematic implicationsL Wei
State Key Laboratory of Systematic and Evolutionary Botany, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Xiangshan, Beijing, China
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 14:190-7. 2012Floral development was investigated in Ruta graveolens and Psilopeganum sinense, representing two genera in the tribe Ruteae. Special attention was paid to the sequence of initiation of organ whorls in the androecium and gynoecium...
- Inhibitory effect of Ruta graveolens L. on oxidative damage, inflammation and aortic pathology in hypercholesteromic ratsM Ratheesh
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram 695 581, India
Exp Toxicol Pathol 63:285-90. 2011The purpose of the study was to investigate the efficacy of methanolic extract of Ruta graveolens L. in reducing oxidative damage, inflammation and aortic pathology in hypercholesteremic rats...
- Ruta graveolens extract induces DNA damage pathways and blocks Akt activation to inhibit cancer cell proliferation and survivalKhalda Fadlalla
Department of Pathobiology, Center for Cancer Research, Tuskegee, AL 36088, USA
Anticancer Res 31:233-41. 2011b>Ruta graveolens is a medicinal herb that has been used for centuries against various ailments. This study examined the anticancer properties of the herb using cancer cell lines.
- Quality of life in women with bleeding disordersS Von Mackensen
Institute for Medical Psychology and Policlinics, Centre of Psychosocial Medicine, University Medical Centre of Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Haemophilia 17:33-7. 2011..instruments are available for the adequate assessment of the impact of menorrhagia on HRQOL, namely the Ruta Menorrhagia Severity Scale, the menorrhagia multi-attribute utility scale and the Menorrhagia Impact Questionnaire...
- Tracing the temporal and spatial origins of island endemics in the Mediterranean region: a case study from the citrus family (Ruta L., Rutaceae)Gabriele Salvo
Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Syst Biol 59:705-22. 2010..including the Mediterranean basin and Macaronesia) provides the geographic backdrop for the diversification of Ruta L., the type genus of Rutaceae (citrus family)...
- Bioprocess optimization of furanocoumarin elicitation by medium renewal and re-elicitation: a perfusion-based approachRenuka Diwan
Department of Botany, University of Pune, Maharashtra, India
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 163:756-64. 2011..niger) elicitors on furanocoumarin production and in situ product removal was studied using shoot cultures of Ruta graveolens L. Elicitation by yeast extract (1% w/v) on day 15 was most effective. It led to 7...
- [Phagodeterrence by a crude extract of common rue (Ruta chalepensis, Rutaceae) and its partitions on Hypsipyla grandella (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) larvae]Javier Barboza
Escuela de Quimica, Universidad Nacional, Heredia, Costa Rica
Rev Biol Trop 58:1-14. 2010..In the search for a preventative method for managing it, the crude leaf extract of common rue (Ruta chalepensis L...
- The Rut pathway for pyrimidine degradation: novel chemistry and toxicity problemsKwang Seo Kim
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
J Bacteriol 192:4089-102. 2010..The RutA and RutB proteins are central: no spontaneous suppressors arise in strains lacking them...
- Catalysis of a flavoenzyme-mediated amide hydrolysisTathagata Mukherjee
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Am Chem Soc 132:5550-1. 2010..The seven-gene Rut operon is required for this conversion. Here we demonstrate that the flavoenzyme RutA catalyzes the initial uracil ring-opening reaction to give 3-ureidoacrylate...
- Screening of traditional European herbal medicines for acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase inhibitory activityNatalia Wszelaki
Institute of Pharmacy, Free University of Berlin, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Acta Pharm 60:119-28. 2010..subs. foliosa and Ruta graveolens L. herb at a concentration of 400 microg mL(-1)...
- Aliphatic ketones from Ruta chalepensis (Rutaceae) induce paralysis on root knot nematodesNikoletta G Ntalli
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 59:7098-103. 2011This paper reports on the use of Ruta chalepensis L. extracts as a potential nematicide against root knot nematodes Meloidogyne incognita and Meloidogyne javanica . The essential oil (REO) and methanol extract (RME) of R...
- Ethnopharmacological survey of wild medicinal plants in Showbak, JordanS Al-Qura'n
Mu tah University, Faculty of Science, Department of Biology, P O Box 26, Mu tah, Karak, Jordan
J Ethnopharmacol 123:45-50. 2009..Ceratonia siliqua L., Clematis recta L., Herniaria hirsuta L., Malva neglecta Wallr., Rosmarinus officinalis L., Ruta chalepensis L., Salvia triloba L., Sarcopoterium spinosa (L.) Spach., Thymbra capitata (L...
- Mutagenicity testing of rutacridone epoxide and rutacridone, alkaloids in Ruta graveolens L., using the Salmonella/microsome assayH Paulini
Institut fúr Botanik und Pharmazeutische Biologie der Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, FRG
Mutagenesis 4:45-50. 1989..Evidence is presented that rutacridone is metabolized by rat liver enzymes to the corresponding epoxide as the ultimate mutagen...
- Accumulation of biologically active furanocoumarins in Ruta graveolens ssp. divaricata (Tenore) Gams in vitro cultureH Ekiert
Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Pharmazie 60:66-8. 2005..dynamics of accumulation of five linear furanocoumarins and umbelliferone in stationary liquid cultures of Ruta graveolens ssp. divaricata (Tenore) Gams during 6-week growth cycles...
- Accumulation of biologically active furanocoumarins in agitated cultures of Ruta graveolens L. and Ruta graveolens ssp. divaricata (Tenore) GamsH Ekiert
Chair and Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonian University, 9 Medyczna Street, 30 688 Krakow, Poland
Pharmazie 60:623-6. 2005..xanthotoxin, isopimpinellin, imperatorin) and their biogenetic precursor, umbelliferone, in agitated cultures of Ruta graveolens L. and Ruta graveolens ssp. divaricata (Tenore) Gams during 6-week growth cycles...
- Temporary uterine artery occlusion for treatment of menorrhagia and uterine fibroids using an incisionless Doppler-guided transvaginal clamp: case reportG A Vilos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Western Ontario, St Joseph s Health Care, London, Ontario, Canada
Hum Reprod 21:269-71. 2006..Menorrhagia symptoms were tracked with the Ruta Menorrhagia Severity Scale. Uterine and fibroid volumes were measured by analysis of magnetic resonance images...
- Algicidal and antifungal compounds from the roots of Ruta graveolens and synthesis of their analogsKumudini M Meepagala
USDA ARS, Natural Products Utilization Research Unit, P O Box 8048, University, MS 38677, USA
Phytochemistry 66:2689-95. 2005Bioassay-guided fractionation of the ethyl acetate extract of Ruta graveolens roots yielded rutacridone epoxide with potent selective algicidal activity towards the 2-methyl-isoborneol (MIB)-producing blue-green alga Oscillatoria ..
- Screening of plants used in Danish folk medicine to treat memory dysfunction for acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activityAnne Adsersen
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 Universitetsparken, 2100 Copenhagen O, Denmark
J Ethnopharmacol 104:418-22. 2006..laxa and Corydalis solida ssp. slivenensis. Extracts of Ruta graveolens, Lavandula angustifolia, Rosmarinus officinalis, Petroselinum crispum and Mentha spicata exhibited ..
- Antiandrogenic activity of Ruta graveolens L in male Albino rats with emphasis on sexual and aggressive behaviorNabil Azar Khouri
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 26:823-9. 2005The Ruta graveolens L. is currently used by the Jordanian population systemically for its antispasmodic, diuretic, sedative, and analgesic effects and externally for its antirheumatic effect.
- Evaluation of antimicrobial activity of selected plant extracts by rapid XTT colorimetry and bacterial enumerationAmal G Al-Bakri
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Jordan, Amman 11942, Jordan
J Microbiol Methods 68:19-25. 2007..The plant extracts of Hypericum triquetrifolium, Ballota undulata, Ruta chalepensis, Ononis natrix, Paronychia argentea and Marrubium vulgare had shown promising antimicrobial activity...
- Mexican migrant ethnopharmacology: pharmacopoeia, classification of medicines and explanations of efficacyAnna Waldstein
Department of Anthropology, Marlowe Building, University of Kent, Canterbury CT2 7NR, UK
J Ethnopharmacol 108:299-310. 2006..Asteraceae], Mentha spp. L. [Lamiaceae], Ruta spp. L. [Rutaceae], Ocimum basilicum L...
- Investigation of cytotoxic activity on human cancer cell lines of arborinine and furanoacridones isolated from Ruta graveolensBorbála Réthy
Department of Pharmacodynamics and Biopharmacy, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Planta Med 73:41-8. 2007The cytotoxic effects of a series of furanoacridones isolated from Ruta graveolens L...
- A new coumarin glucoside, coumarins and alkaloids from Ruta corsica rootsCedric Bertrand
Laboratoire Pharmacophores Redox, Phytochimie et Radiobiologie, EA 3030 Faculté des Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Université Paul Sabatier 35, chemin des Maraichers, 310362 Toulouse 4, France
Fitoterapia 75:242-4. 2004..one coumarin, five furanocoumarins, three bicoumarins, three quinoline alkaloids and one sinapoyl sucrose derivative have been isolated from the roots of Ruta corsica.
- Protection against murine endotoxemia by treatment with Ruta chalepensis L., a plant with anti-inflammatory propertiesLiliana Iauk
Department of Microbiological and Gynaecological Sciences, Section of Microbiology, University of Catania, Via Androne 81, Catania 95124, Italy
J Ethnopharmacol 90:267-72. 2004The anti-inflammatory effect of the extract of Ruta Chalepensis L. (Rutaceae) on the course of lethal endotoxemia in BALB/c mice was studied. When administered by gavage as 1 g/kg per day starting 14 or 7 days prior to injection of 0...
- Perinatal toxicology of Ruta chalepensis (Rutaceae) in miceR Zeichen de Sa
Departamento de Farmacologia, Instituto Nacional de Medicamentos, Administración Nacional de Medicamentos, Alimentos y Tecnología Médica, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Ethnopharmacol 69:93-8. 2000Dried leaf infusions of Ruta chalepensis L. (Rutaceae), 'rue', 'ruda', were found to cause perinatal changes in mice, at daily doses of 0.16, 0.80 and 1.60 g/kg, administered p.o. from 1 to 14 days post coitum...
- High-resolution gas-chromatographic analysis of the secondary metabolites obtained by subcritical-fluid extraction from Colombian rue (Ruta graveolens L.)E E Stashenko
Phytochemistry and Chromatography Laboratory, School of Chemistry, Industrial University of Santander, A A 678, Bucaramanga, Colombia
J Biochem Biophys Methods 43:379-90. 2000..Extractor, was used to isolate secondary metabolites from leaves, flowers, stems and roots of Colombian rue (Ruta graveolens L.)...
- Intracranial cysticercosis: an effective treatment with alternative medicinesP Banerji
PBH Research Foundation, 10 3 1 Elgin Road, Calcutta 700 020, West Bengal, India
In Vivo 15:181-4. 2001The purpose of this study was to demonstrate the cysticidal activities of Ruta graveolens and calcium phosphate in fractional dilutions as a completely new approach for the treatment of neurocysticercosis in humans...
- Water-soluble glycosides from Ruta graveolensC C Chen
National Research Institute of Chinese Medicine, NO 155 1, Sec 2, Li Nung Street, Peitou, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Nat Prod 64:990-2. 2001An EtOH extract of the dried aerial parts of Ruta graveolens was suspended in water and then partitioned with EtOAc...
- Biological effects of rutin on the survival of Escherichia coli AB1157 and on the electrophoretic mobility of plasmid PUC 9.1 DNALuciana C Bernardo
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Instituto de Biologia Roberto Alcantara Gomes, Departamento de Biofisica e Biometria, RJ, Brazil
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 48:517-20. 2002The use of natural products as medicines is growing in the world. The rutin, a compound isolated from Ruta graveolens, is a flavonoid, which has been suggested to have antioxidant properties and to reduce the triacylglycerol levels...
- Potential allelochemicals from the essential oil of Ruta graveolensVincenzo De Feo
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita degli Studi di Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo, I 84084 Salerno, Fisciano, Italy
Phytochemistry 61:573-8. 2002The essential oil of aerial parts of Ruta graveolens was obtained by hydrodistillation with a 0.74% yield on a dry weight basis. Thirty-eight components were identified by GC and GC-MS analyses...
- A new dicoumarinyl ether and two rare furocoumarins from Ruta montanaZ Kabouche
Université Mentouri Constantine, Faculte des Sciences, Laboratoire d Obtention de Substances Thérapeutiques L O S T, Campus Chaabet Ersas, Constantine 25000, Algerie
Fitoterapia 74:194-6. 2003A new dicoumarinyl ether, rutamontine and two rare furocoumarins, heraclenol and isopimpinellin, were isolated from Ruta montana...
- Conjugate additions of o-iodoanilines and methyl anthranilates to acetylenic sulfones. A new route to quinolones including first syntheses of two alkaloids from the medicinal herb Ruta chalepensisThomas G Back
Department of Chemistry, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
J Org Chem 68:2223-33. 2003..The resulting 2-substituted 4-quinolones included the naturally occurring medicinal compounds 1 and 2 and the O-methyl derivative 3...
- Evaluating companion planting and non-host masking odors for protecting roses from the Japanese beetle (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae)D W Held
Department of Entomology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546 0091, USA
J Econ Entomol 96:81-7. 2003..Three reputedly effective companion species, rue (Ruta graveolens L.), zonal geranium (Pelargonium x hortorum Bailey), and garlic chives (Allium scheonparum L...
- Ethnomedicines used in Trinidad and Tobago for reproductive problemsCheryl Lans
BCICS, University of Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 2Y2, Canada
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 3:13. 2007..Some folk uses are ancient and were documented by Galen and Pliny the Elder...
- Ruta Graveolens intoxicationChen June Seak
Department of Emergency Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou, Taiwan
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 45:173-5. 2007We describe a case of unintentional poisoning from Ruta Graveolens, a medicinal herb that is used for heart protection in Taiwan...
- Unusually divergent 4-coumarate:CoA-ligases from Ruta graveolens LAlexander Endler
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Plant Mol Biol 67:335-46. 2008..The common rue, Ruta graveolens L...
- In vitro antimicrobial activity of plants in Acute Otitis ExternaJanaina Cândida Rodrigues Nogueira
Centro de Ciencias de Saude, UFPB, PB, Brazil
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 74:118-24. 2008..Acute Otitis Externa is an inflammation of the outer auditory meatus, and according to popular saying, medicinal plant extracts can be used in its treatment...
- Uterine artery embolization versus occlusion for uterine leiomyomas: a pilot randomized clinical trialEve Cunningham
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:301-7. 2008....
- GENETIC STUDIES OF GLUTAMINE SYNTHETASE IN BACTERIASydney Kustu; Fiscal Year: 2007..and biochemical approaches to identify the intermediates of the Rut pathway and the enzymatic activities of the RutA-RutF proteins. We will study the DNA binding and transcriptional repression activities of RutR in vitro...
- GENETIC STUDIES OF GLUTAMINE SYNTHETASE IN BACTERIASydney Kustu; Fiscal Year: 2009..and biochemical approaches to identify the intermediates of the Rut pathway and the enzymatic activities of the RutA-RutF proteins. We will study the DNA binding and transcriptional repression activities of RutR in vitro...
- GENETIC STUDIES OF GLUTAMINE SYNTHETASE IN BACTERIASYDNEY GOVONS KUSTU; Fiscal Year: 2010..and biochemical approaches to identify the intermediates of the Rut pathway and the enzymatic activities of the RutA-RutF proteins. We will study the DNA binding and transcriptional repression activities of RutR in vitro...
- Small Molecule Kv1.3 Blockers as New Therapeutics for Multiple SclerosisHeike Wulff; Fiscal Year: 2007..Following up on anecdotal reports from the late 1980s that tea prepared from Ruta graveolens, the common rue, had beneficial effects in MS, we discovered that Ruta contained a small molecule called ..