Alias: Erythrina L.
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of glycans in the developmental stages of Myxobolus cerebralis (Myxozoa), the causative agent of whirling diseaseH Kaltner
Institute for Physiology, Physiological Chemistry and Animal Nutrition, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Fish Dis 30:637-47. 2007..Arachis hypogaea (peanut) agglutinin (PNA), Erythrina cristagalli agglutinin (ECA), GSA I, Sophora japonica agglutinin (SJA), Dolichos biflorus agglutinin (DBA) and ..
- Survey of glycoantigens in cells from alpha1-3galactosyltransferase knockout pig using a lectin microarrayShuji Miyagawa
Department of Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Xenotransplantation 17:61-70. 2010..This study reports on lectin blot analyses for endothelial cells (EC) and fibroblasts from GalT-KO pigs...
- Characterizing the glycocalyx of poultry spermatozoa: II. In vitro storage of Turkey semen and mobility phenotype affects the carbohydrate component of sperm membrane glycoconjugatesJesus Pelaez
Biotechnology and Germplasm Laboratory, Beltsville Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
J Androl 29:431-9. 2008..lectin [lotus] and Arachis hypogaea lectin [PNA]); and 4) no changes in MnFI during the 24-hour storage period (Erythrina cristagalli lectin [ECA], GS-II, Pisum sativum lectin [PSA], Glycine max lectin [SBA], and Wisteria floribunda ..
- Changes in glycan distribution within the porcine interhaemal barrier during gestationC J Jones
Department of Pathological Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
Cell Tissue Res 279:551-64. 1995..vulgaris (leukohaemagglutinin), Triticum vulgaris, Tetragonolobus purpureus, Ulex europaeus-1, Arachis hypogaea, Erythrina cristagalli, Glycine max, Maclura pomifera, Wisteria floribunda, Dolichos biflorus, Maackia amurensis, Sambucus ..
- Ethnobotanical survey and antibacterial activity of some plants used in Guinean traditional medicineF B Magassouba
Centre de Recherche et de Valorisation des Plantes Médicinales de Dubréka, BP 6411 Conakry, Guinea
J Ethnopharmacol 114:44-53. 2007..During these investigations, 218 plants were registered, of which the following were the most frequently used: Erythrina senegalensis, Bridelia ferruginea, Crossopteryx febrifuga, Ximenia americana, Annona senegalensis, Cochlospermum ..
- Non-experimental validation of ethnoveterinary plants and indigenous knowledge used for backyard pigs and chickens in Trinidad and TobagoC Lans
BCICS, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC V8W 3R4, Canada
Trop Anim Health Prod 39:375-85. 2007..Six plants are used for backyard pigs. Crushed leaves of immortelle (Erythrina pallida, E. micropteryx) are used to remove dead piglets from the uterus...
- Traditional medicine in north Côte-d'Ivoire: screening of 50 medicinal plants for antibacterial activityW M Koné
Laboratoire de Botanique, UFR Biosciences, Universite de Cocody, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
J Ethnopharmacol 93:43-9. 2004..The most active was Erythrina senegalensis DC (Fabaceae) followed by Bobgunnia madagascariensis (Desv.) J.H. Kirkbr...
- Different antibacterial actions of isoflavones isolated from Erythrina poeppigiana against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusM Sato
Department of Oral Pathology, Asahi University School of Dentistry, Gifu, Japan
Lett Appl Microbiol 43:243-8. 2006To screen six isoflavones isolated from Erythrina poeppigiana (Leguminosae) for their antibacterial activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Isolation, purification, and physicochemical characterization of a D-galactose-binding lectin from seeds of Erythrina speciosaEmadeldin H E Konozy
Departamento de Biologia e Celular e Molecular e Bioagentes Patognicos, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, CEP 14049 900, SP, Brazil
Arch Biochem Biophys 410:222-9. 2003A lectin was isolated from the saline extract of Erythrina speciosa seeds by affinity chromatography on lactose-Sepharose. The lectin content was about 265 mg/100g dry flour. E...
- Arg-27, Arg-127 and Arg-155 in the beta-trefoil protein barley alpha-amylase/subtilisin inhibitor are interface residues in the complex with barley alpha-amylase 2K W Rodenburg
Carlsberg Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem J 309:969-76. 1995..BASI are at a distance from each other, as deduced from crystal structures of different beta-trefoil proteins (Erythrina caffra and soybean trypsin inhibitors, interleukin-1 alpha and -1 beta and WASI, the wheat homologue), ..
- RRNA and dnaK relationships of Bradyrhizobium sp. nodule bacteria from four papilionoid legume trees in Costa RicaMatthew A Parker
Department of Biological Sciences, State University of New York, Binghamton 13902, USA
Syst Appl Microbiol 27:334-42. 2004..retusa were highly similar or identical to Bradyrhizobium strains isolated from the legumes Erythrina and Clitoria (Papilionoideae tribe Phaseoleae) in Panama. rRNA sequences for five isolates from L...
- Dormancy as exaptation to protect mimetic seeds against deterioration before dispersalPedro H S Brancalion
Escola Superior de Agricultura Luiz de Queiroz, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Pádua Dias 11, Piracicaba, Brazil
Ann Bot 105:991-8. 2010..The hypothesis that seed coat impermeability in many tropical Fabaceae with mimetic seeds serves as an exaptation to protect the seeds from deterioration and rotting while awaiting dispersal was investigated...
- Specificity analysis of lectins and antibodies using remodeled glycoproteinsThomas Iskratsch
Department für Chemie, Universität für Bodenkultur, Muthgasse 18, A 1190 Wien, Austria
Anal Biochem 386:133-46. 2009..with glycosyltransferases and glycosidases for testing specificities of lectins from Aleuria aurantia (AAL), Erythrina cristagalli (ECL), Griffonia simplicifolia (GSL I-B(4)), Helix pomatia agglutinin (HPA), Lens culinaris (LCA), ..
- The glycosylation pattern of secretory granules in binucleate trophoblast cells is highly conserved in ruminantsK Klisch
School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, College Road, Sutton Bonington, Leicestershire, LE12 5RD, UK
Placenta 31:11-7. 2010..Treatment of slides with neuraminidase strongly intensified staining of Erythrina cristagalli lectin (ECA) to terminal lactosamine in all species studied; this was otherwise absent except in ..
- Anticonvulsant profile of the alkaloids (+)-erythravine and (+)-11-α-hydroxy-erythravine isolated from the flowers of Erythrina mulungu Mart ex Benth (Leguminosae-Papilionaceae)Silmara Aparecida Faggion
Department of Biotechnology, University of Ribeirao Preto UNAERP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Epilepsy Behav 20:441-6. 2011..We isolated the alkaloids (+)-erythravine and (+)-11-α-hydroxy-erythravine from the flowers of Erythrina mulungu and evaluated the action of these compounds against chemically induced seizures in rats...
- Differential staining of Western blots of human secreted glycoproteins from serum, milk, saliva, and seminal fluid using lectins displaying diverse sugar specificitiesNechama Gilboa-Garber
Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Electrophoresis 26:4396-401. 2005..The lectins included galactophilic ones from Aplysia gonad, Erythrina corallodendron, Maclura pomifera (MPL), peanut, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA-IL); fucose-binding lectins from ..
- Nicotinic agonists, antagonists, and modulators from natural sourcesJohn W Daly
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cell Mol Neurobiol 25:513-52. 2005..2. Natural sources have also provided competitive nicotinic antagonists, such as the Erythrina alkaloids, the tubocurarines, and methyllycaconitine...
- Effect of supplementation of a basal diet of maize stover with Erythrina variegata, Gliricidia sepium or Leucaena leucocephala on feed intake and digestibility by goatsE M Aregheore
Animal Science Department, School of Agriculture, The University of the South Pacific, Private Mail Bag, Alafua Campus, Apia, Western Samoa
Trop Anim Health Prod 36:175-89. 2004..6 kg, 22-24 months old, were used to study the effect of supplementation of a basal diet of maize stover with Erythrina variegata (EV), Gliricidia sepium (GS) and Leucaena leucocephala (LL) on dry matter intake (DMI) and nutrient ..
- Nonlabeled quartz crystal microbalance biosensor for bacterial detection using carbohydrate and lectin recognitionsZhihong Shen
Department of Chemistry, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan 48309, USA
Anal Chem 79:2312-9. 2007..Little nonspecific binding was observed for Staphylococcus aureus and other proteins (fetal bovine serum, Erythrina cristagalli lectin)...
- Lectin-affinity chromatography for downstream processing of MDCK cell culture derived human influenza A virusesLars Opitz
Bioprocess Engineering, Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Sandtorstr 1, 39106 Magdeburg, Germany
Vaccine 25:939-47. 2007..The most specific binding was achieved via the galactose specific Erythrina cristagalli and Euonymus europaeus lectins...
- Sialidase expression in activated human T lymphocytes influences production of IFN-gammaXinli Nan
Institute of Human Biology, and Department of Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center, 725 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Leukoc Biol 81:284-96. 2007..isolated lymphocytes, activated cells expressed more surface binding sites for galactose-recognizing lectins Erythrina cristagalli (ECA) and Arachis hypogaea...
- Lectins in fish skin: do they play a role in host-monogenean interactions?K Buchmann
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denamrk
J Helminthol 75:227-31. 2001..samples inhibited the binding of biotinylated lectins (from Canavalia ensiformis, Artocarpus integrifolia and Erythrina corallodendron, respectively) to microtitre plates with covalently bound carbohydrates (mannopyranoside, ..
- Role of neurotrophins and lectins in prevention of ototoxicityW Q Gao
Department of Neuroscience, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 884:312-27. 1999..When the other 21 lectins are examined, Erythrina cristagalli lectin and Detura stramonium lectin also show activity similar to Con A...
- Phytodegradation potential of Erythrina crista-galli L., Fabaceae, in petroleum-contaminated soilVanessa de Farias
Department of Biology Science, Universidade Positivo, Prof Pedro Viriato Parigot de Souza Street, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 157:10-22. 2009This work aimed at investigating both the tolerance and the phytodegradation potential of Erythrina crista-galli L. in petroleum-contaminated soil. It consisted in analyzing E...
- Molecular determinants for competitive inhibition of alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptorsPatricio Iturriaga-Vásquez
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Chile, Las Palmeras 3425, Santiago, Chile
Mol Pharmacol 78:366-75. 2010The Erythrina alkaloids erysodine and dihydro-beta-erythroidine (DHbetaE) are potent and selective competitive inhibitors of alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs), but little is known about the molecular determinants of ..
- Pterocarpans phaseollin and neorautenol isolated from Erythrina addisoniae induce apoptotic cell death accompanied by inhibition of ERK phosphorylationW Watjen
Heinrich Heine Universitat, Institute of Toxicology, 40001, Dusseldorf, Germany
Toxicology 242:71-9. 2007The genus Erythrina (Leguminosae), consisting of over 100 different species, is distributed in tropical regions. In traditional medicine, Erythrina species are used to treat cancer, but little is known about the anticancer mechanisms...
- In vitro xanthine oxidase inhibitory activity of the fractions of Erythrina stricta RoxbM Umamaheswari
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Coimbatore 641044, India
J Ethnopharmacol 124:646-8. 2009To assay the in vitro xanthine oxidase inhibitory activity of the various fractions of the hydromethanolic extract of the leaves of Erythrina stricta and to determine its enzyme inhibition mechanism.
- Biological activities of the chemical constituents of Erythrina stricta and Erythrina subumbransThitima Rukachaisirikul
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Ramkhamhaeng University, Bangkok, Thailand
Arch Pharm Res 30:1398-403. 2007Phytochemical investigation of the hexane and CH2Cl2 extracts of Erythrina stricta roots and E...
- Pollen and stigma morphology of some Phaseoleae species (Leguminosae) with different pollinatorsJ P Basso-Alves
Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Instituto de Biologia, Campinas, Brazil
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 13:602-10. 2011..Species of the genera Erythrina, Macroptilium and Mucuna with different pollinators were chosen...
- Lectin histochemical studies on the olfactory epithelium and vomeronasal organ in the Japanese striped snake, Elaphe quadrivirgataDaisuke Kondoh
Laboratory of Veterinary Anatomy, Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Morioka, Iwate 020 8550, Japan
J Morphol 271:1197-203. 2010..simplicifolia lectin-II (BSL-II), Dolichos biflorus agglutinin (DBA), Sophora japonica agglutinin (SJA), and Erythrina cristagalli lectin (ECL) stained secretory granules and the organelles in the olfactory supporting cells and did ..
- Prenylated pterocarpans as bacterial neuraminidase inhibitorsPhi Hung Nguyen
BK21 Project Team, College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju 501 759, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem 18:3335-44. 2010..and 13-15) pterocarpan derivatives were isolated as active principles from the EtOAc extract of the stem bark of Erythrina abyssinica. Their structures were identified by spectroscopic data analyses...
- Purification and structure-function analysis of native, PNGase F-treated, and endo-beta-galactosidase-treated CHIP28 water channelsA N van Hoek
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Biochemistry 34:2212-9. 1995..sugar moiety, CHIP28 was enzymatically deglycosylated by PNGase F and purified by Q-Sepharose anion-exchange and Erythrina cristagalli lectin chromatography...
- Amino acid sequence, glycan structure, and proteolytic processing of the lectin of Vatairea macrocarpa seedsJ J Calvete
Institut für Reproduktionsmedizin, Tierarztliche Hochschule Hannover, Hannover Kirchrode, Germany
FEBS Lett 425:286-92. 1998..The primary structure of VML displays similarity with other leguminous lectins, particularly with Erythrina variegata, Robinia pseudoacacia and Sophora japonica lectins...
- Evidence of the mechanism of action of Erythrina velutina Willd (Fabaceae) leaves aqueous extractAna Carla C S Carvalho
Pharmacology Research Laboratory, Physiology Department, Federal University of Sergipe, Av Marechal Rondon, S N, Sao Cristovao, Sergipe, 49 100 000, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 122:374-8. 2009b>Erythrina velutina is traditionally used for sleepiness, convulsions and nervous system excitation in Brazil. Although central effects have been reported for Erythrina velutina, little is known about its mechanism of action.
- Biosynthesis of the cancer-related sialyl-alpha 2,6-lactosaminyl epitope in colon cancer cell lines expressing beta-galactoside alpha 2,6-sialyltransferase under a constitutive promoterF Dall'olio
Dipartimento di Patologia Sperimentale, Universita di Bologna, Italy
Eur J Biochem 268:5876-84. 2001..lactosaminic structures with SNA and anti-CDw75 Ig, and the presence of unsubstituted lactosaminic termini by Erythrina cristagalli lectin, we reached the following conclusions: (a) a high proportion of the cell surface lactosaminic ..
- Localization of carbohydrate terminals on Tetracapsuloides bryosalmonae using lectin histochemistry and immunogold electron microscopyD J Morris
Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling, Stirling, UK
J Fish Dis 27:37-45. 2004..The histochemical staining of Erythrina cristagalli ECL was unique and highlighted a different distribution of glycoconjugates in the periphery of some ..
- Propagation and conservation of native forest genetic resources of medicinal use by means of in vitro and ex vitro techniquesSandra Sharry
Centro Experimental de Propagación Vegetativa C E Pro Ve Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias y Forestales, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, CICPBA, Diagonal 113 No 469 1900 La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nat Prod Commun 6:985-8. 2011..This study included the following species which are widely used in folk medicine and its applications: Erythrina crista-galli or "seibo" (astringent, used for its cicatrizant properties and for bronchiolitic problems); Acacia ..
- Patents of drugs extracted from Brazilian medicinal plantsAracy P S Balbani
Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University, Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Department, Botucatu, Rua Capitao Lisboa, 715 cj 33, 18270 070, Tatui, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Expert Opin Ther Pat 19:461-73. 2009..Plants synthesise a vast repertoire of chemicals with various biological activities. Brazilian enormous botanical diversity facilitates the development of novel ethical drugs for the treatment of diseases in humans...
- Anticonvulsant activity of hydroalcoholic extracts from Erythrina velutina and Erythrina mulunguSilvania M M Vasconcelos
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Federal University of Ceara, Rua Cel Nunes de Melo 1127, CEP 60431 270, Fortaleza, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 110:271-4. 2007The anticonvulsant effects of hydroalcoholic extracts (HAEs) from the stem bark of Erythrina velutina and Erythrina mulungu on pentylenetetrazole (PTZ) and strychnine-induced seizure tests and the potentiation of pentobarbital-induced ..
- Ultrastructure and post-floral secretion of the pericarpial nectaries of Erythrina speciosa (Fabaceae)Elder Antonio Sousa Paiva
Departamento de Botanica, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Ann Bot 104:937-44. 2009..The present study aims to describe the anatomical organization and ultrastructure of the pericarpial nectaries (PNs) in Erythrina speciosa, a bird-pollinated species, discussing functional aspects of these unusual structures.
- Inhibition of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B by prenylated isoflavonoids isolated from the stem bark of Erythrina addisoniaeEun Young Bae
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon, Korea
Planta Med 72:945-8. 2006..A bioassay-guided phytochemical study of the EtOAc extract of the stem bark of Erythrina addisoniae (Leguminosae) resulted in the identification of a new PTP1B inhibitory compound, 5,2',4'-trihydroxy-6-..
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase-1B inhibitory activity of isoprenylated flavonoids isolated from Erythrina mildbraediiMinkyun Na
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 52 Eoun dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 333, Korea
J Nat Prod 69:1572-6. 2006..Bioassay-guided fractionation of an EtOAc-soluble extract of the root bark of Erythrina mildbraedii, using an in vitro PTP1B inhibitory assay, resulted in the isolation of three new isoprenylated ..
- A comparative study of unfolding of Erythrina cristagalli Lectin in chemical denaturant and FluoroalcoholsDebasish Sen
Department of Chemistry, Presidency University, Kolkata, India
Protein Pept Lett 21:80-9. 2014The unfolding of dimeric Erythrina cristagalli lectin (ECL) has been investigated and compared under different denaturing conditions in presence of chemical denaturant, guanidine hydrochloride (GdnHCl) and fluoroalcohols, ..
- Kinetic stability plays a dominant role in the denaturant-induced unfolding of Erythrina indica lectinSujit Ghosh
Department of Chemistry, Presidency College, 86 1 College Street, Kolkata 700 073, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1764:1021-8. 2006The urea-induced denaturation of dimeric Erythrina indica lectin (EIL) has been studied at pH 7.2 under equilibrium and kinetic conditions in the temperature range of 40-55 degrees C...
- Metabolites from endophytes of the medicinal plant Erythrina crista-galliDaniela Weber
Institut für Biotechnologie und Wirkstoff Forschung, Kaiserslautern, Germany
Z Naturforsch C 60:467-77. 2005b>Erythrina crista-galli (Fabaceae) is used in Argentinean ethnopharmacology as anti-inflammatory medication, narcotic, desinfectant, and for the treatment of wounds. The common name of the tree is "ceibo" or coral tree...
- The tidemark of the chondro-osseous junction of the normal human knee jointT J Lyons
Newcastle Department of Forensic Medicine, NSW, Australia
J Mol Histol 36:207-15. 2005..05 M or above. It stained with only four lectins, those from Datura stramonium, Maclura pomifera, Erythrina crystagalli and Helix pomatia, out of the 19 used...
- Effects of chronic treatment with a water-alcohol extract from Erythrina mulungu on anxiety-related responses in ratsGustavo Massaro Onusic
Laboratory of Psychopharmacology, FFCLRP, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biol Pharm Bull 26:1538-42. 2003We investigated the effects of chronic oral treatment with a water-alcohol extract from the inflorescence of Erythrina mulungu (Leguminosae-Papilionaceae) (EM, 50, 100, 200 mg/kg) in rats submitted to different anxiety models: the ..
- Antibacterial properties of a new isoflavonoid from Erythrina poeppigiana against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusH Tanaka
Department of Natural Product Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Yagoto, Tempaku ku, Nagoya, Japan
Phytomedicine 11:331-7. 2004A new isoflavonoid, together with four known isoflavonoids, was isolated from the roots of Erythrina poeppigiana...
- Synergistic effects of mupirocin and an isoflavanone isolated from Erythrina variegata on growth and recovery of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusMasaru Sato
Department of Oral Pathology, Asahi University School of Dentistry, 1851 Hozumi, Mizuho, Gifu 501 0296, Japan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 24:241-6. 2004..bidwillon B) was isolated from Erythrina variegata and its antibacterial properties against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) were ..
- Antimicrobial and radical scavenging flavonoids from the stem wood of Erythrina latissimaMusa Chacha
Department of Chemistry, University of Botswana, Private Bag UB 00704, Gaborone, Botswana
Phytochemistry 66:99-104. 2005From the stem wood of Erythrina latissima, two isoflavones and a flavanone were isolated and characterized as 7,3'-dihydroxy-4'-methoxy-5'-(gamma,gamma-dimethylallyl)isoflavone (erylatissin A), 7,3'-dihydroxy-6'',6''-dimethyl-4'',5''-..
- Evidence for Na+-glucose cotransporter in type I alveolar epitheliumFrancesca Bodega
Dipartimento di Fisiologia Umana, Universita degli Studi di Milano, 20133 Milan, Italy
Histochem Cell Biol 134:129-36. 2010..In rats alveolar type I cells were identified by fluorescent Erythrina cristagalli lectin. Sections were examined by confocal laser-scanning microscope...
- Fuscacarpans A-C, new pterocarpans from the stems of Erythrina fuscaPhongsak Innok
Department of Chemistry and Center of Excellence for Innovation in Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Ramkhamhaeng University, Bangkok 10240, Thailand
Fitoterapia 81:518-23. 2010Chemical investigation of the stems of Erythrina fusca Lour...
- From simple furans to complex nitrogen-bearing aromatic polycycles by means of a flexible and general reaction sequence initiated by singlet oxygenDimitris Kalaitzakis
Department of Chemistry, University of Crete, Vasilika Vouton, 71003, Iraklion, Crete, Greece
Chemistry 19:10119-23. 2013..polycycles having all the structural features of a number of important natural products (for example, the erythrina alkaloids; see scheme, RB = rose Bengal) is reported...
- Prenylated flavonoids with PTP1B inhibitory activity from the root bark of Erythrina mildbraediiJunPil Jang
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Korea
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 56:85-8. 2008Phytochemical study on an EtOAc-soluble extract of the root bark of Erythrina mildbraedii resulted in the isolation of six prenylated flavonoids 1-6...
- Evaluation of anxiolytic effect of Erythrina mysorensis Gamb. in miceThandaga S Nagaraja
Department of Pharmaceutics, SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga, India
Indian J Pharmacol 44:489-92. 2012To evaluate anxiolytic effect of stem bark ethanol and chloroform extracts of Erythrina mysorensis in mice.
- Effects of a chitin binding vicilin from Erythrina velutina seeds on bean bruchid pests (Callosobruchus maculatus and Zabrotes subfasciatus)Fabiano M Teixeira
Laboratório de Química e Função de Proteínas Bioativas, Departamento de Bioquimica, Centro de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, RN, Brazil
Protein Pept Lett 15:270-4. 2008b>Erythrina velutina vicilin, EvV, is a dimeric glycoprotein with Mr of 124.6 kDa. EvV was tested for anti-insect activity against bean bruchid larvae. EvV had LD(50) of 0.10% and ED(50) of 0.14% for Z. subfasciatus and LD(50) of 0...
- Characterisation of N-glycans bound to IGFBP-3 in sera from healthy adultsRomana Masnikosa
INEP Institute for the Application of Nuclear Energy, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Biochimie 92:97-101. 2010..vulgaris leukoagglutinin), succinylated WGA (wheat germ agglutinin), ECL (Erythrina cristagalli lectin) and UEA (Ulex europaeus agglutinin)...
- The anticancer potential of flavonoids isolated from the stem bark of Erythrina suberosa through induction of apoptosis and inhibition of STAT signaling pathway in human leukemia HL-60 cellsSunil Kumar
Division of Natural Product Chemistry, Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, CSIR, Canal Road, Jammu 180001, India
Chem Biol Interact 205:128-37. 2013b>Erythrina suberosa is an ornamental tall tree found in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Thailand and Vietnam...
- The anti-obesity potential of sigmoidin ASolomon Habtemariam
Pharmacognosy Research Laboratories, Medway School of Science, University of Greenwich, Chatham Maritime, Kent, UK
Pharm Biol 50:1519-22. 2012..The search for novel drugs and nutritional intervention approaches for obesity is now of significant importance...
- A new biisoflavonoid from the roots of Erythrina variegataHitoshi Tanaka
Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Yagoto, Tempaku ku, Nagoya 468 8503, Japan
Nat Prod Commun 5:1781-4. 2010A new biisoflavonoid, biseryvarin A (1a), together with two known compounds were isolated from the roots of Erythrina variegata. The structure of biseryvarin A was established on the basis of spectroscopic evidence...
- 15-Lipoxygenase inhibitory effects of prenylated flavonoids from Erythrina senegalensisAdiaratou Togola
Section of Pharmacognosy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Planta Med 75:1168-70. 2009..F) along with seven known prenylated flavonoids were isolated from the stem and root bark of the medicinal plant Erythrina senegalensis. The structures were elucidated by 1D and 2D NMR and MS...
- A new Erythrinan alkaloid from the seed of Erythrina addisoniaeLong Cui
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, 305 806, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 32:325-8. 2009Phytochemical study on the EtOAc extract of the seed of Erythrina addisoniae (Leguminosae) resulted in the isolation of a new erythrinan alkaloid, erysovine-N-oxide (1), along with eight known alkaloids, erysosalvinone (2), erysodine (3),..
- Regulation and symbiotic significance of nodulation outer proteins secretion in Sinorhizobium fredii HH103Francisco Javier López-Baena
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
Microbiology 154:1825-36. 2008..Nops are beneficial in the symbiosis with Glycine max and Glycyrrhiza uralensis, and detrimental in the case of the tropical legume Erythrina variegata.
- Assessing sub-Saharan Erythrina for efficacy: traditional uses, biological activities and phytochemistryWitabouna Mamidou Kone
Institut Pasteur de Côte d Ivoire, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
Pak J Biol Sci 14:560-71. 2011The genus Erythrina comprises more than 100 species, widely distributed in tropical and subtropical areas. In Africa, 31 wild species and 14 cultivated species have been described...
- Oxidative dearomatization in the synthesis of erythrina, oxindole and hexahydropyrrolo[2,3-b]indole skeletonsJixuan Liang
Key Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry for Natural Resource, Ministry of Education, School of Chemical Science and Technology, Yunnan University, Kunming, Yunnan 650091, PR China
Chem Commun (Camb) 46:3666-8. 2010New synthetic strategies leading to highly functional erythrina, oxindole and pyrrolidinoindoline skeletons have been developed and an efficient formal syntheses of (+/-)-demethoxyerythratidinone reported.
- Cytotoxic evaluation of alkaloids and isoflavonoids from the Australian tree Erythrina vespertilioMehrdad Iranshahi
Biotechnology Research Center and School of Pharmacy, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Vakilabad blvd, Mashhad, Iran
Planta Med 78:730-6. 2012..Among the tested compounds, phaseollidin showed cytotoxic activities against PC3 (IC (50) = 8.83 ± 1.87 µM) and NFF (0.64 ± 0.37 µM) cell lines...
- Plasticity of photosynthetic performance of the Indian tree Butea monosperma TAUB at three sites with different microclimatesMelanie Mikosch
Centre for Organismal Studies Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 230, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Photosynth Res 113:287-95. 2012The Fabaceae tree Butea monosperma (TAUB.; syn. Erythrina monosperma (LAM.)) is widely distributed in Central and West-India. We studied it at three sites, i.e...
- Molecular design of N-linked tetravalent glycosides bearing N-acetylglucosamine, N,N'-diacetylchitobiose and N-acetyllactosamine: Analysis of cross-linking activities with WGA and ECA lectinsRyuichi Masaka
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Shizuoka University, Ohya 836, Suruga Ward, Shizuoka 422 8529, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 18:621-9. 2010..The interactions of wheat germ (Triticum vulgaris) agglutinin (WGA) and coral tree (Erythrina cristagalli) agglutinin (ECA) with a series of tetravalent glycosides and related compounds were studied using a ..
- Inhibitory effect of 2-arylbenzofurans from Erythrina addisoniae on protein tyrosine phosphatase-1BMinkyun Na
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 52 Eoun dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 333, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:3868-71. 2007Bioassay-guided fractionation of an EtOAc-soluble extract of the stem bark of Erythrina addisoniae (Leguminosae), using an in vitro PTP1B inhibitory assay, resulted in the isolation of three new (1-3) and three known (4-6) 2-..
- Anti-nociceptive activity of the aqueous extract of Erythrina velutina leavesMurilo Marchioro
Laboratorio de Farmacologia, Departamento de Fisiologia, Universidade Federal de Sergipe, São Cristóvão SE, 49100 000, Brazil
Fitoterapia 76:637-42. 2005Anti-nociceptive and anti-oedematogenic effects of the aqueous extract from the leaves of Erythrina velutina were tested through experimental models of nociception in mice and paw oedema induced by carrageenin in rats...
- Anti-inflammatory activities of two flavanones, sigmoidin A and sigmoidin B, from Erythrina sigmoideaDieudonne Njamen
Laboratory of Animal Physiology, Department of Animal Biology and Physiology, Faculty of Science, University of Yaounde 1, Yaounde, Cameroon
Planta Med 70:104-7. 2004Two prenylated flavanones isolated from Erythrina sigmoidea Hua (sigmoidin A and sigmoidin B) were studied for their ability to inhibit the stable 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) free radical and arachidonic acid metabolism...
- Nutritive evaluation of the seed, germinated seed, and string bean of Erythrina americana and the detoxification of the material by boilingAngela Sotelo
Departamento de Farmacia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico, D F, 04510, Mexico
J Agric Food Chem 51:2821-5. 2003The nutritive and toxicological values of the dry seeds, germinated seeds, and string beans of Erythrina americana were studied using raw and boiled samples...
- Kunitz-type soybean trypsin inhibitor revisited: refined structure of its complex with porcine trypsin reveals an insight into the interaction between a homologous inhibitor from Erythrina caffra and tissue-type plasminogen activatorH K Song
Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, Korea
J Mol Biol 275:347-63. 1998..Modeling studies on the complex between a homologous Kunitz-type trypsin inhibitor DE-3 from Erythrina caffra and the human tissue-type plasminogen activator reveal a new insight into the specific interactions which ..
- Characteristic changes in carbohydrate profile in the kidneys of hereditary nephrotic mice (ICGN strain)K Tamura
Department of Animal Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 62:379-90. 2000..of Ricinus communis agglutinin-I, Phaseolus vulgaris agglutinin-E and -L, Lens culinaris agglutinin and Erythrina cristagalli agglutinin (ECL) in the glomeruli of homozygous ICGN mice were stronger than those of heterozygous ..
- Amino acid concentrations in the nectars of Southern African bird-pollinated flowers, especially aloe and erythrinaSusan W Nicolson
Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of Pretoria, Pretoria 0002, South Africa
J Chem Ecol 33:1707-20. 2007..Aloe marlothii and some Erythrina species were found to have high total amino acid concentrations, sometimes exceeding 100 mM...
- Cloning, expression, and mutagenesis of trypsin inhibitor ETIb from Erythrina variegata seedsY Kouzuma
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 61:1041-3. 1997b>Erythrina variegata trypsin inhibitors designated ETIa and ETIb belong to the Kunitz family trypsin inhibitor, but ETIa is unique in its ability to inhibit tissue-type plasminogen activator, while ETIb is not...
- Purification of beta-galactosidase from Erythrina indica: involvement of tryptophan in active siteRakesh M Kestwal
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Pune, Pune 411007, Maharashtra, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1770:1506-12. 2007beta-Galactosidase (EC: 22.214.171.124), one of the glycosidases detected in Erythrina indica seeds, was purified to 135 fold...
- Intracellular trafficking and glycobiology of TbPDI2, a stage-specific protein disulfide isomerase in Trypanosoma bruceiKevin J Schwartz
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Eukaryot Cell 12:132-41. 2013..TbPDI2 also fails to react with Erythrina cristagalli lectin, confirming the absence of terminal N-acetyllactosamine units...
- Principal component and Tucker3 analyses of high performance liquid chromatography with diode-array detection fingerprints of crude extracts of Erythrina speciosa Andrews leavesPatricia Kaori Soares
Instituto de Quimica, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, CP 6154, 13083 970 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Anal Chim Acta 736:36-44. 2012..hexane and acetone obtained according to a statistical design have been used to extract substances from Erythrina speciosa Andrew leaves for chromatographic fingerprinting...
- Antinociceptive activities of the hydroalcoholic extracts from Erythrina velutina and Erythrina mulungu in miceSilvania Maria Mendes Vasconcelos
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Federal University of Ceara, Brazil
Biol Pharm Bull 26:946-9. 2003This work studied the antinociceptive effects of the hydroalcoholic extracts (HAEs) from Erythrina velutina (Ev) and Erythrina mulungu (Em) in three experimental models of nociception in mice...
- Anti-HIV-1 and cytotoxicity of the alkaloids of Erythrina abyssinica Lam. growing in SudanMagdy M D Mohammed
Department of Pharmacognosy, National Research Center, Dokki 12311, Cairo, Egypt
Nat Prod Res 26:1565-75. 2012b>Erythrina abyssinica Lam. is an important medicinal plant growing in Sudan; its seeds were investigated for the first time for their alkaloidal constituents and biological activity...
- In vitro antibacterial and time-kill evaluation of the Erythrina caffra Thunb. extract against bacteria associated with diarrhoeaOlufunmiso Olusola Olajuyigbe
Phytomedicine Research Centre, Department of Botany, University of Fort Hare, Alice 5700, South Africa
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:738314. 2012The antibacterial activities of stem bark ethanolic extract of Erythrina caffra Thunb. against bacteria in diarrhoea was determined in vitro by the agar diffusion and dilution, macrobroth dilution, and time-kill assay methods...
- Extracts of four plant species used traditionally to treat myiasis influence pupation rate, pupal mass and adult blowfly emergence of Lucilia cuprina and Chrysomya marginalis (Diptera: Calliphoridae)Mukandiwa L
Phytomedicine Programme, Department of Paraclinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria, P Bag X04, Onderstepoort 0110, South Africa
J Ethnopharmacol 143:812-8. 2012Aloe zebrina, Clausena anisata, Erythrina lysistemon and Spirostachys africana are used traditionally in southern Africa to combat and/or treat myiasis, the infestation of the skin of mammals by larvae of a variety of fly species ..
- Effects of alpinumisoflavone and abyssinone V-4'-methyl ether derived from Erythrina lysistemon (Fabaceae) on the genital tract of ovariectomized female Wistar ratM A Mvondo
Department of Animal Biology and Physiology, Laboratory of Animal Physiology, University of Yaounde I, P O Box 812, Yaounde, Cameroon
Phytother Res 26:1029-36. 2012b>Erythrina lysistemon is an African medicinal plant used as a palliative for problems in women. The crude extract of this plant was shown to exhibit estrogenic effects on the female rat reproductive tract and on cell cuture...
- Synthesis of lactosylated glycoclusters and inhibition studies with plant and human lectinsSamy Cecioni
Institut de Chimie et Biochimie Moleculaires et Supramoleculaires, Laboratoire de Chimie Organique 2, Glycochimie, UMR 5246, CNRS, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 43 Boulevard du 11 Novembre 1918, F 69622 Villeurbanne, France
Carbohydr Res 356:132-41. 2012..were then evaluated and compared to a monovalent probe as ligands of two lectins: ECA from legume plant Erythrina cristagalli and recombinant human galectin-1...
- N-Glycosylation engineering of tobacco plants to produce asialoerythropoietinFarooqahmed S Kittur
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomanufacturing Research Institute and Technology Enterprise, North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC 27707, USA
Plant Cell Rep 31:1233-43. 2012..Purified asialo-rhuEPO binds to an Erythrina cristagalli lectin column, indicating that its N-glycan chains bear terminal β1,4-galactose residues and that ..
- Botanicals to control soft rot bacteria of potatoM M Rahman
Department of Plant Pathology, Bangabadhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University, Gazipur 1706, Bangladesh
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:796472. 2012..cheerota (Swertia chiraita Ham.), chatim (Alstonia scholaris L.), mander (Erythrina variegata), bael (Aegle marmelos L.), marigold (Tagetes erecta), onion (Allium cepa), garlic (Allium sativum L...
- A comparative analysis of the attachment of Leptospira interrogans and L. borgpetersenii to mammalian cellsGabrielle I Andrade
Basic Medical Sciences Department, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies, Kingston, Jamaica
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 65:105-15. 2012..to HEp-2 cells coated with lectins peanut agglutinin, Ulex europaeus agglutinin, soybean agglutinin and Erythrina cristagalli agglutinin (p < 0...
- Antifeedants from Chinese medicinal herb, Erythrina variegata var. orientalis, against maize weevil Sitophilus zeamaisZhi Long Liu
Department of Entomology, China Agricultural University, Yuanmingyuan West Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, China
Nat Prod Commun 7:171-2. 2012The screening for insecticidal principles from several Chinese medicinal herbs showed that the stem bark of Erythrina variegata var. orientalis possessed significant feeding deterrence against maize weevils, Sitophilus zeamais...
- Effects of supplementing Erythrina brucei leaf as a substitute for cotton seed meal on growth performance and carcass characteristics of Sidama goats fed basal diet of natural grass hayAsmamaw Yinnesu
Dilla Agricultural Technical Vocational Education and Training College, P O Box 334, Dilla, Ethiopia
Trop Anim Health Prod 44:445-51. 2012The replacement value of dried Erythrina brucei leaf for cotton seed meal (CSM) on growth performance and carcass characteristics was evaluated. Twenty-five yearling buck goats (15.8 ± 1...
- Three new constituents from the roots of Erythrina variegata and their antibacterial activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusHitoshi Tanaka
Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Yagoto, Tempaku ku, Nagoya 468 8503, Japan
Chem Biodivers 8:476-82. 2011..derivative, eryvarin X (3), along with three known isoflavonoids, 4-6, were isolated from the roots of Erythrina variegata. Their structures were established by spectroscopic analyses...
- C and N content in density fractions of whole soil and soil size fraction under cacao agroforestry systems and natural forest in Bahia, BrazilJoice Cleide O Rita
Soil Laboratory, North Fluminense State University, UENF CCTA LSOL Av Alberto Lamego, 2000 Campos dos Goytacazes, Rio de Janeiro, 28013 602, Brazil
Environ Manage 48:134-41. 2011..1) a 30-year-old stand of natural forest with cacao (cacao cabruca), (2) a 30-year-old stand of cacao with Erythrina glauca as shade trees (cacao + erythrina), and (3) an adjacent natural forest without cacao...
- Flavonoids from Erythrina vogelii (Fabaceae) of CameroonMuhammad Imran Ali
H E J Research Institute of Chemistry, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan
Nat Prod Commun 5:889-92. 2010A new flavone, vogeol, and a new isoflavone, vogliiol, have been isolated from Erythrina vogelii, a Cameroonian medicinal plant, along with seven known constituents (salvigenin, carpachromene, euchrenone b10, scandenone, 5,4'-dihydroxy-8-..
- Case of localized recombination in 23S rRNA genes from divergent bradyrhizobium lineages associated with neotropical legumesM A Parker
Department of Biological Sciences, State University of New York, Binghamton, NY 13902 6000, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:2076-82. 2001..nodule bacteria from four papilionoid legumes (Clitoria javitensis, Erythrina costaricensis, Rhynchosia pyramidalis, and Desmodium axillare) growing on Barro Colorado Island (BCI), Panama...
- Modification of the sugar specificity of a plant lectin: structural studies on a point mutant of Erythrina corallodendron lectinSubbiah Thamotharan
Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 67:218-27. 2011A mutant of Erythrina corallodendron lectin was generated with the aim of enhancing its affinity for N-acetylgalactosamine...
- Seed rain under tree islands planted to restore degraded lands in a tropical agricultural landscapeR J Cole
Environmental Studies Department, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95064, USA
Ecol Appl 20:1255-69. 2010..Four tree species were used in planting (Terminalia amazonia, Vochysia guatemalensis, Erythrina poeppigiana, and Inga edulis)...
- Hypoglycemic activity of Erythrina variegata leaf in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsArvind Kumar
Himalayan Pharmacy Institute, Majhitar, Rangpo, East Sikkim 737136, India
Pharm Biol 49:577-82. 2011b>Erythrina variegata Linn. (Fabaceae), commonly known as Tiger's Claw, is a thorny deciduous tree grown in tropical and subtropical regions of Eastern Africa, Southern Asia, and Northern Australia...
- Preliminary crystallographic studies of EcTI, a serine proteinase inhibitor from Enterolobium contortisiliquum seedsI F Batista
Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP EPM, Rua Tres de Maio 100, CEP 04044 020 Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 57:602-4. 2001..12, b = 38.42, c = 54.08 A, beta = 98.08 degrees. Molecular-replacement techniques using Erythrina caffra trypsin inhibitor (PDB code 1tie) as the search model indicate one monomer in the asymmetric unit...
- New stilbenoid with inhibitory activity on viral neuraminidases from Erythrina addisoniaePhi Hung Nguyen
BK21 Project Team, College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju 501 759, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:6430-4. 2010..flavonoid derivatives (3-9) were isolated as active principles from an EtOAc-soluble extract of the root bark of Erythrina addisoniae...
- Erysubins C-F, four isoflavonoids from Erythrina suberosa var. glabrescencesH Tanaka
Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Nagoya, Japan
Phytochemistry 56:769-73. 2001Four isoflavonoids, erysubins C-F, together with ten known compounds were isolated from the roots of Erythrina suberosa var. glabrescences, and their structures were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic evidence...
- Alpinumisoflavone induces apoptosis and suppresses extracellular signal-regulated kinases/mitogen activated protein kinase and nuclear factor-κB pathways in lung tumor cellsSim Namkoong
Division of Biological Science and Technology, Yonsei University
Biol Pharm Bull 34:203-8. 2011..Alpinumisoflavone (AIF), isolated from the African medicinal plant Erythrina lysistemon, is a member of the isoflavone group...
- Metal-Catalyzed Asymmetric Arylation of Silyloxy DienesLei Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2004..The application of the proposed methodology in the synthesis of natural products is proposed. The potential targets include natural and unnatural amino acids, erythrina alkaloids and other synthetically important subunits.
- SYNTHESIS OF FUSED HETEROCYCLIC COMPOUNDSAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2002..which will provide access to the structural frameworks contained within the Amaryllidaceae, Aspidosperma, Erythrina, Pyrrolizidine, Quinolizidine, Sceletium and Vinca alkaloids...
- HETEROCYCLIC RING COMPOUNDS FOR ALKALOID SYNTHESISAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2007..which will provide access to the structural frameworks contained within the Amaryllidaceae, Aspidosperma, Erythrina, Sceletium, iboga, Ergot, Vinca and Strychnos alkaloids...