Genomes and Genes
Alias: mouse-ear cress, thale-cress, Arabidopsis thaliana, Arbisopsis thaliana, Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh., Arabidopsis thaliana (thale cress)
Publications254 found, 100 shown here
- Parker J, Newstead S. Molecular basis of nitrate uptake by the plant nitrate transporter NRT1.1. Nature. 2014;507:68-72 pubmed publisher..Here we present both the apo and nitrate-bound crystal structures of Arabidopsis thaliana NRT1...
- Serrano M, Wang B, Aryal B, Garcion C, Abou Mansour E, Heck S, et al. Export of salicylic acid from the chloroplast requires the multidrug and toxin extrusion-like transporter EDS5. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1815-21 pubmed publisher..that the multidrug and toxin extrusion transporter ENHANCED DISEASE SUSCEPTIBILITY5 (EDS5) of Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) is necessary for SA accumulation after biotic and abiotic stress, but so far it is not understood how EDS5 ..
- Meekins D, Raththagala M, Husodo S, White C, Guo H, Kötting O, et al. Phosphoglucan-bound structure of starch phosphatase Starch Excess4 reveals the mechanism for C6 specificity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:7272-7 pubmed publisher..These data provide important insights into the structural basis of glucan phosphatase site-specific activity and open new avenues for their biotechnological utilization. ..
- Reinhart B, Liu T, Newell N, Magnani E, Huang T, Kerstetter R, et al. Establishing a framework for the Ad/abaxial regulatory network of Arabidopsis: ascertaining targets of class III homeodomain leucine zipper and KANADI regulation. Plant Cell. 2013;25:3228-49 pubmed publisher..This work lays the foundation needed to understand the components, structure, and workings of the ad/abaxial regulatory network directing basic plant growth and development. ..
- Liao P, Chen Q, Chye M. Transgenic Arabidopsis flowers overexpressing acyl-CoA-binding protein ACBP6 are freezing tolerant. Plant Cell Physiol. 2014;55:1055-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the mechanism in ACBP6-conferred freezing tolerance varies in different organs. ..
- Carraretto L, Formentin E, Teardo E, Checchetto V, Tomizioli M, Morosinotto T, et al. A thylakoid-located two-pore K+ channel controls photosynthetic light utilization in plants. Science. 2013;342:114-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, the TPK3 channel manages the pmf necessary to convert photochemical energy into physiological functions. ..
- Rodrigues A, Adamo M, Crozet P, Margalha L, Confraria A, Martinho C, et al. ABI1 and PP2CA phosphatases are negative regulators of Snf1-related protein kinase1 signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:3871-84 pubmed publisher..Hence, the PP2C hub allows the coordinated activation of ABA and energy signaling, strengthening the stress response through the cooperation of two key and complementary pathways. ..
- Mao G, Seebeck T, Schrenker D, Yu O. CYP709B3, a cytochrome P450 monooxygenase gene involved in salt tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Plant Biol. 2013;13:169 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CYP709B3 plays a role in ABA and salt stress response and provides evidence to support the functions of cytochrome P450 enzymes in plant stress response...
- Windels D, Bielewicz D, Ebneter M, Jarmolowski A, Szweykowska Kulinska Z, Vazquez F. miR393 is required for production of proper auxin signalling outputs. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e95972 pubmed publisher..Altogether our experiments provide an additional highlight of the complexity of auxin signaling homeostasis and show that miR393 is an important component of this homeostasis. ..
- Conklin P, Depaolo D, Wintle B, Schatz C, Buckenmeyer G. Identification of Arabidopsis VTC3 as a putative and unique dual function protein kinase::protein phosphatase involved in the regulation of the ascorbic acid pool in plants. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:2793-804 pubmed publisher..The AsA-deficient Arabidopsis thaliana mutants vtc3-1 and vtc3-2 define a locus that has been identified by positional cloning as At2g40860...
- Kumakura N, Otsuki H, Tsuzuki M, Takeda A, Watanabe Y. Arabidopsis AtRRP44A is the functional homolog of Rrp44/Dis3, an exosome component, is essential for viability and is required for RNA processing and degradation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79219 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AtRRP44A and AtRRP44B/SOV have independent roles for RNA turnover in plants. ..
- Li F, Chung T, Vierstra R. AUTOPHAGY-RELATED11 plays a critical role in general autophagy- and senescence-induced mitophagy in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2014;26:788-807 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the Arabidopsis thaliana accessory proteins ATG11 and ATG101, which help link the ATG1/13 complex to autophagic membranes...
- Reeder B, Hough M. The structure of a class 3 nonsymbiotic plant haemoglobin from Arabidopsis thaliana reveals a novel N-terminal helical extension. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2014;70:1411-8 pubmed publisher..Here, the first crystal structure of a class 3 nonsymbiotic plant haemoglobin, that from Arabidopsis thaliana, is reported to 1.77 Å resolution...
- Hu Y, Jiang L, Wang F, Yu D. Jasmonate regulates the inducer of cbf expression-C-repeat binding factor/DRE binding factor1 cascade and freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2907-24 pubmed publisher..factor1 (CBF/DREB1) transcriptional pathway plays a critical role in modulating cold stress responses in Arabidopsis thaliana. Dissecting crucial upstream regulatory signals or components of the ICE-CBF/DREB1 cascade will enhance our ..
- Guy E, Lautier M, Chabannes M, Roux B, Lauber E, Arlat M, et al. xopAC-triggered immunity against Xanthomonas depends on Arabidopsis receptor-like cytoplasmic kinase genes PBL2 and RIPK. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73469 pubmed publisher..Within this subfamily, PBL2 and RIPK RLCK genes but not BIK1 are important for xopAC-specified effector-triggered immunity and Arabidopsis resistance to Xcc. ..
- Zamariola L, De Storme N, Vannerum K, Vandepoele K, Armstrong S, Franklin F, et al. SHUGOSHINs and PATRONUS protect meiotic centromere cohesion in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2014;77:782-94 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we detect aneuploidy in sporophytic tissue, indicating a role for PATRONUS in chromosome segregation in somatic cells. Thus, ploidy stability is preserved in Arabidopsis by PATRONUS during both meiosis and mitosis...
- Ni W, Xu S, Tepperman J, Stanley D, Maltby D, Gross J, et al. A mutually assured destruction mechanism attenuates light signaling in Arabidopsis. Science. 2014;344:1160-1164 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a linked signal-transmission and attenuation mechanism involving mutually assured destruction of the receptor and its immediate signaling partner. ..
- Deveson I, Li J, Millar A. MicroRNAs with analogous target complementarities perform with highly variable efficacies in Arabidopsis. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3703-8 pubmed publisher..The results highlight the variable nature of miRNA silencing efficacy in plants, where it appears that factors additional to complementarity strongly impact silencing. ..
- Cui D, Zhao J, Jing Y, Fan M, Liu J, Wang Z, et al. The arabidopsis IDD14, IDD15, and IDD16 cooperatively regulate lateral organ morphogenesis and gravitropism by promoting auxin biosynthesis and transport. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003759 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal that a subfamily of IDD transcription factors plays a critical role in the regulation of spatial auxin accumulation, thereby controlling organ morphogenesis and gravitropic responses in plants. ..
- Wang Y, Vilaplana F, Brumer H, Aspeborg H. Enzymatic characterization of a glycoside hydrolase family 5 subfamily 7 (GH5_7) mannanase from Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta. 2014;239:653-65 pubmed publisher..in vitro characterization of AtMan5-1 as a first step towards the exploration of the catalytic capacity of Arabidopsis thaliana ?-mannanase. The target enzyme was expressed in both E. coli (AtMan5-1e) and P. pastoris (AtMan5-1p)...
- Jiang C, Belfield E, Cao Y, Smith J, Harberd N. An Arabidopsis soil-salinity-tolerance mutation confers ethylene-mediated enhancement of sodium/potassium homeostasis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:3535-52 pubmed publisher..ethylene-induced soil-salinity tolerance, the mechanism of which we here define via characterization of an Arabidopsis thaliana mutant displaying transpiration-dependent soil-salinity tolerance...
- Otsuru M, Yu Y, Mizoi J, Kawamoto Fujioka M, Wang J, Fujiki Y, et al. Mitochondrial phosphatidylethanolamine level modulates Cyt c oxidase activity to maintain respiration capacity in Arabidopsis thaliana rosette leaves. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:1612-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, PECT1 regulates mitochondrial phosphatidylethanolamine levels, which are important for maintaining respiration capacity in Arabidopsis leaves during prolonged growth under short-day conditions. ..
- Knoch E, Dilokpimol A, Tryfona T, Poulsen C, Xiong G, Harholt J, et al. A ?-glucuronosyltransferase from Arabidopsis thaliana involved in biosynthesis of type II arabinogalactan has a role in cell elongation during seedling growth. Plant J. 2013;76:1016-29 pubmed publisherWe have characterized a ?-glucuronosyltransferase (AtGlcAT14A) from Arabidopsis thaliana that is involved in the biosynthesis of type II arabinogalactan (AG)...
- Williams S, Sohn K, Wan L, Bernoux M, Sarris P, Segonzac C, et al. Structural basis for assembly and function of a heterodimeric plant immune receptor. Science. 2014;344:299-303 pubmed publisher..Thus, RPS4 and RRS1 function as a receptor complex in which the two components play distinct roles in recognition and signaling. ..
- Schulz P, Jansseune K, Degenkolbe T, Méret M, Claeys H, Skirycz A, et al. Poly(ADP-ribose)polymerase activity controls plant growth by promoting leaf cell number. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e90322 pubmed publisher..PARP inhibition enhances growth of Arabidopsis thaliana by enhancing the cell number...
- Hayes M, Giang K, Berhane B, Mulligan R. Identification of two pentatricopeptide repeat genes required for RNA editing and zinc binding by C-terminal cytidine deaminase-like domains. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:36519-29 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the catalytic activity can be supplied in trans by uncharacterized protein(s) of the editosome. ..
- Racolta A, Bryan A, Tax F. The receptor-like kinases GSO1 and GSO2 together regulate root growth in Arabidopsis through control of cell division and cell fate specification. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:257-78 pubmed publisher..In addition, GSO1 and GSO2 control seedling root growth by modulating sucrose response after germination. ..
- Dilokpimol A, Geshi N. Arabidopsis thaliana glucuronosyltransferase in family GT14. Plant Signal Behav. 2014;9:e28891 pubmed..cazy.org), in which a total of 11 proteins, including AtGLCAT14A, are classified from Arabidopsis thaliana. In this paper, we report the enzyme activities for the rest of the Arabidopsis GT14 isoforms, analyzed in ..
- Toledo Ortiz G, Johansson H, Lee K, Bou Torrent J, Stewart K, Steel G, et al. The HY5-PIF regulatory module coordinates light and temperature control of photosynthetic gene transcription. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004416 pubmed publisher..However, sudden changes in light or temperature conditions can trigger changes in HY5 and PIFs abundance that adjust the expression of common target genes to optimise photosynthetic performance and growth. ..
- Manabe Y, Verhertbruggen Y, Gille S, Harholt J, Chong S, Pawar P, et al. Reduced Wall Acetylation proteins play vital and distinct roles in cell wall O-acetylation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:1107-17 pubmed publisher..triple, and quadruple loss-of-function mutants of all four members of the RWA family in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana)...
- Halter T, Imkampe J, Mazzotta S, Wierzba M, Postel S, Bücherl C, et al. The leucine-rich repeat receptor kinase BIR2 is a negative regulator of BAK1 in plant immunity. Curr Biol. 2014;24:134-43 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence for a new regulatory mechanism for innate immune receptors with BIR2 acting as a negative regulator of PAMP-triggered immunity by limiting BAK1-receptor complex formation in the absence of ligands. ..
- Zhao C, Nie H, Shen Q, Zhang S, Lukowitz W, Tang D. EDR1 physically interacts with MKK4/MKK5 and negatively regulates a MAP kinase cascade to modulate plant innate immunity. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004389 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that EDR1 physically associates with MKK4/MKK5 and negatively regulates the MAPK cascade to fine-tune plant innate immunity. ..
- Ng S, Ivanova A, Duncan O, Law S, Van Aken O, De Clercq I, et al. A membrane-bound NAC transcription factor, ANAC017, mediates mitochondrial retrograde signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:3450-71 pubmed publisher..Plants with mutated rao2/anac017 were more stress sensitive, whereas a gain-of-function mutation resulted in plants that had lower cellular levels of H2O2 under untreated conditions. ..
- Yang C. Hydrogen peroxide controls transcriptional responses of ERF73/HRE1 and ADH1 via modulation of ethylene signaling during hypoxic stress. Planta. 2014;239:877-85 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that H?O? plays an important role during primary hypoxia signaling to control the transcriptional responses of ERF73/HRE1 and ADH1 via modulation of ethylene signaling. ..
- Nishimura K, Asakura Y, Friso G, Kim J, Oh S, Rutschow H, et al. ClpS1 is a conserved substrate selector for the chloroplast Clp protease system in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2276-301 pubmed publisher..In silico analysis suggests that ClpS1 is the functional homolog of bacterial ClpS. We show that Arabidopsis thaliana ClpS1 interacts with plastid ClpC1,2 chaperones...
- Horn P, James C, Gidda S, Kilaru A, Dyer J, Mullen R, et al. Identification of a new class of lipid droplet-associated proteins in plants. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1926-36 pubmed publisher..An Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) homolog to LDAP1 and LDAP2, At3g05500, was localized to the surface of lipid droplets after transient ..
- Hymus G, Cai S, Kohl E, Holtan H, Marion C, Tiwari S, et al. Application of HB17, an Arabidopsis class II homeodomain-leucine zipper transcription factor, to regulate chloroplast number and photosynthetic capacity. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:4479-90 pubmed publisher..Estimates of the capacity for ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate-saturated and -limited photosynthesis were significantly higher in 35S::ATHB17 lines. ..
- De Clercq I, Vermeirssen V, Van Aken O, Vandepoele K, Murcha M, Law S, et al. The membrane-bound NAC transcription factor ANAC013 functions in mitochondrial retrograde regulation of the oxidative stress response in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:3472-90 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we characterized ANAC013 as a regulator of MRR upon stress in Arabidopsis thaliana.
- Heyman J, Cools T, Vandenbussche F, Heyndrickx K, Van Leene J, Vercauteren I, et al. ERF115 controls root quiescent center cell division and stem cell replenishment. Science. 2013;342:860-3 pubmed publisher..Together, these two antagonistic mechanisms delimit ERF115 activity, which is called upon when surrounding stem cells are damaged, revealing a cell cycle regulatory mechanism accounting for stem cell niche longevity. ..
- Cromer L, Jolivet S, Horlow C, Chelysheva L, Heyman J, De Jaeger G, et al. Centromeric cohesion is protected twice at meiosis, by SHUGOSHINs at anaphase I and by PATRONUS at interkinesis. Curr Biol. 2013;23:2090-9 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that centromeric cohesion is actively protected at two successive stages of meiosis, by SHUGOSHINs at anaphase I and by PATRONUS at interkinesis. ..
- Kondo Y, Ito T, Nakagami H, Hirakawa Y, Saito M, Tamaki T, et al. Plant GSK3 proteins regulate xylem cell differentiation downstream of TDIF-TDR signalling. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3504 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insight into the regulation of cell fate determination in meristem maintenance. ..
- Bernardo García S, de Lucas M, Martinez C, Espinosa Ruiz A, Davière J, Prat S. BR-dependent phosphorylation modulates PIF4 transcriptional activity and shapes diurnal hypocotyl growth. Genes Dev. 2014;28:1681-94 pubmed publisher..This regulation plays a prevalent role in timing hypocotyl elongation to late night, before light activation of phytochrome B (PHYB) and accumulation of DELLAs restricts PIF4 transcriptional activity. ..
- Bollhöner B, Zhang B, Stael S, Denancé N, Overmyer K, Goffner D, et al. Post mortem function of AtMC9 in xylem vessel elements. New Phytol. 2013;200:498-510 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the type II metacaspase gene family in Arabidopsis thaliana supported the function of METACASPASE 9 (AtMC9) in xylem cell death...
- Iwata Y, Takahashi M, Fedoroff N, Hamdan S. Dissecting the interactions of SERRATE with RNA and DICER-LIKE 1 in Arabidopsis microRNA precursor processing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:9129-40 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the interactions among SE, DCL1 and RNA are a potential point for regulating pri-miRNA processing. ..
- Farmer L, Rinaldi M, Young P, Danan C, Burkhart S, Bartel B. Disrupting autophagy restores peroxisome function to an Arabidopsis lon2 mutant and reveals a role for the LON2 protease in peroxisomal matrix protein degradation. Plant Cell. 2013;25:4085-100 pubmed publisher..b>Arabidopsis thaliana lon2 mutants display defects in peroxisomal metabolism and matrix protein import but appear to degrade ..
- Weits D, Giuntoli B, Kosmacz M, Parlanti S, Hubberten H, Riegler H, et al. Plant cysteine oxidases control the oxygen-dependent branch of the N-end-rule pathway. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3425 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that PCOs act as sensor proteins for oxygen in plants and provide an example of how proactive regulation of the N-end rule pathway balances stress response to optimal growth and development in plants. ..
- Kadota Y, Sklenar J, Derbyshire P, Stransfeld L, Asai S, Ntoukakis V, et al. Direct regulation of the NADPH oxidase RBOHD by the PRR-associated kinase BIK1 during plant immunity. Mol Cell. 2014;54:43-55 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a rapid regulatory mechanism of a plant RBOH, which occurs in parallel with and is essential for its paradigmatic calcium-based regulation. ..
- Leydon A, Beale K, Woroniecka K, Castner E, Chen J, Horgan C, et al. Three MYB transcription factors control pollen tube differentiation required for sperm release. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1209-14 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that de novo transcription in the pollen tube nucleus during growth in the pistil leads to pollen tube differentiation required for release of sperm cells. ..
- Angelovici R, Lipka A, Deason N, Gonzalez Jorge S, Lin H, Cepela J, et al. Genome-wide analysis of branched-chain amino acid levels in Arabidopsis seeds. Plant Cell. 2013;25:4827-43 pubmed publisher..Here, a genome-wide association study and haplotype analysis for seed BCAA traits in Arabidopsis thaliana revealed a strong association with a chromosomal interval containing two branched-chain amino acid ..
- Zhang J, Rea A, Fu T, Ma C, Nasrallah J. Exploring the role of a stigma-expressed plant U-box gene in the pollination responses of transgenic self-incompatible Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Reprod. 2014;27:59-68 pubmed publisher..However, Arabidopsis thaliana plants transformed with functional SRK and SCR genes isolated from self-incompatible A...
- Xu T, Dai N, Chen J, Nagawa S, Cao M, Li H, et al. Cell surface ABP1-TMK auxin-sensing complex activates ROP GTPase signaling. Science. 2014;343:1025-8 pubmed publisher..These findings show that TMK proteins and ABP1 form a cell surface auxin perception complex that activates ROP signaling pathways, regulating nontranscriptional cytoplasmic responses and associated fundamental processes. ..
- Koen E, Besson Bard A, Duc C, Astier J, Gravot A, Richaud P, et al. Arabidopsis thaliana nicotianamine synthase 4 is required for proper response to iron deficiency and to cadmium exposure. Plant Sci. 2013;209:1-11 pubmed publisher..We undertook the functional characterization of AtNAS4, the fourth member of the Arabidopsis thaliana NAS gene family...
- Barboza L, Effgen S, Alonso Blanco C, Kooke R, Keurentjes J, Koornneef M, et al. Arabidopsis semidwarfs evolved from independent mutations in GA20ox1, ortholog to green revolution dwarf alleles in rice and barley. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:15818-23 pubmed publisher..Here we report the genetic and molecular basis of semidwarf individuals found in natural Arabidopsis thaliana populations...
- Tsugama D, Liu S, Takano T. Arabidopsis heterotrimeric G protein ? subunit, AGB1, regulates brassinosteroid signalling independently of BZR1. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:3213-23 pubmed publisherThe Arabidopsis thaliana heterotrimeric G protein ? subunit, AGB1, is involved in both abscisic acid (ABA) signalling and brassinosteroid (BR) signalling, but it is unclear how AGB1 regulates these signalling pathways...
- Huang S, Chang C, Wang P, Tsai M, Hsu P, Chang I. A type III ACC synthase, ACS7, is involved in root gravitropism in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:4343-60 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the results indicate that AtACS7 is involved in root gravitropism in a calcium-dependent manner in Arabidopsis...
- Li Z, Peng J, Wen X, Guo H. Ethylene-insensitive3 is a senescence-associated gene that accelerates age-dependent leaf senescence by directly repressing miR164 transcription in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:3311-28 pubmed publisher..study defines a continuation of the signaling pathway involving EIN2-EIN3-miR164-NAC2 in regulating leaf senescence and provides a mechanistic insight into how ethylene promotes the progression of leaf senescence in Arabidopsis thaliana.
- Zhang L, Kars I, Essenstam B, Liebrand T, Wagemakers L, Elberse J, et al. Fungal endopolygalacturonases are recognized as microbe-associated molecular patterns by the arabidopsis receptor-like protein RESPONSIVENESS TO BOTRYTIS POLYGALACTURONASES1. Plant Physiol. 2014;164:352-64 pubmed publisher..In this study, we identified RESPONSIVENESS TO BOTRYTIS POLYGALACTURONASES1 (RBPG1), an Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) leucine-rich repeat receptor-like protein, AtRLP42, that recognizes fungal endopolygalacturonases (PGs) ..
- Qi B, Zheng H. Modulation of root-skewing responses by KNAT1 in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2013;76:380-92 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that KNAT1 negatively modulates root skewing, possibly by regulating auxin transport...
- Lacroix B, Citovsky V. Characterization of VIP1 activity as a transcriptional regulator in vitro and in planta. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2440 pubmed publisher..Finally, activation of a VRE-containing promoter was observed in dividing cells, probably resulting from activation of endogenous VIP1. ..
- Zhu Q, Dugardeyn J, Zhang C, Mühlenbock P, Eastmond P, Valcke R, et al. The Arabidopsis thaliana RNA editing factor SLO2, which affects the mitochondrial electron transport chain, participates in multiple stress and hormone responses. Mol Plant. 2014;7:290-310 pubmed publisher..Although two stress-related RNA editing factors were reported very recently, this study demonstrates a unique role of SLO2, and further supports a link between mitochondrial RNA editing events and stress response. ..
- Wang J, Li S, Zhao X, Zhou L, Huang G, Feng C, et al. HAPLESS13, the Arabidopsis ?1 adaptin, is essential for protein sorting at the trans-Golgi network/early endosome. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1897-910 pubmed publisher..The µ1 subunit of AP-1 in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) was recently identified at the TGN/EE and shown to be essential for cytokinesis...
- Jia H, Li J, Zhu J, Fan T, Qian D, Zhou Y, et al. Arabidopsis CROLIN1, a novel plant actin-binding protein, functions in cross-linking and stabilizing actin filaments. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:32277-88 pubmed publisher..All of these results demonstrate that CROLIN1 may play an important role in stabilizing and remodeling actin filaments by binding to and cross-linking actin filaments. ..
- Uchiyama Kadokura N, Murakami K, Takemoto M, Koyanagi N, Murota K, Naito S, et al. Polyamine-responsive ribosomal arrest at the stop codon of an upstream open reading frame of the AdoMetDC1 gene triggers nonsense-mediated mRNA decay in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2014;55:1556-67 pubmed publisher..For this purpose, we used an upstream open reading frame (uORF) of the Arabidopsis thaliana AdoMetDC1 gene, in which the uORF-encoded peptide is involved in polyamine-responsive translational ..
- Weber M, Deinlein U, Fischer S, Rogowski M, Geimer S, Tenhaken R, et al. A mutation in the Arabidopsis thaliana cell wall biosynthesis gene pectin methylesterase 3 as well as its aberrant expression cause hypersensitivity specifically to Zn. Plant J. 2013;76:151-64 pubmed publisher..Here we report the isolation of six ozs (overly Zn sensitive) ethyl methanesulfonate Arabidopsis thaliana mutants with contrasting patterns of metal sensitivity, and the molecular characterization of two mutants ..
- Atkinson N, Lilley C, Urwin P. Identification of genes involved in the response of Arabidopsis to simultaneous biotic and abiotic stresses. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:2028-41 pubmed publisher..The transcriptome response of Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) to concurrent water deficit (abiotic stress) and infection with the plant-parasitic nematode Heterodera ..
- Sun L, Yang Z, Song Z, Wang M, Sun L, Lu S, et al. The plant-specific transcription factor gene NAC103 is induced by bZIP60 through a new cis-regulatory element to modulate the unfolded protein response in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2013;76:274-86 pubmed publisher..have been identified as important UPR regulators for mitigating the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress in Arabidopsis thaliana. Here we report the biological function of NAC103 in a novel transcriptional regulatory cascade, connecting ..
- Liu Q, Yan Q, Liu Y, Hong F, Sun Z, Shi L, et al. Complementation of HYPONASTIC LEAVES1 by double-strand RNA-binding domains of DICER-LIKE1 in nuclear dicing bodies. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:108-17 pubmed publisher..Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) miRNAs are processed from primary miRNAs (pri-miRNAs), mainly by the ribonuclease III-like enzyme DICER-..
- Pietra S, Gustavsson A, Kiefer C, Kalmbach L, Hörstedt P, Ikeda Y, et al. Arabidopsis SABRE and CLASP interact to stabilize cell division plane orientation and planar polarity. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2779 pubmed publisher..The root of Arabidopsis thaliana displays regularly oriented cell divisions, cell elongation and planar polarity providing a plant model ..
- Hackmann C, Korneli C, Kutyniok M, Köster T, Wiedenlübbert M, Muller C, et al. Salicylic acid-dependent and -independent impact of an RNA-binding protein on plant immunity. Plant Cell Environ. 2014;37:696-706 pubmed publisher..In sid2-1?AtGRP7-ox, an intermediate phenotype was observed. Thus, AtGRP7 has both SA-dependent and SA-independent effects on plant immunity. ..
- Di Rubbo S, Irani N, Kim S, Xu Z, Gadeyne A, Dejonghe W, et al. The clathrin adaptor complex AP-2 mediates endocytosis of brassinosteroid insensitive1 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2986-97 pubmed publisher..Although the existence of AP-2 has been predicted in Arabidopsis thaliana, the biochemistry and functionality of the complex is still uncharacterized...
- Sun Y, Li L, Macho A, Han Z, Hu Z, Zipfel C, et al. Structural basis for flg22-induced activation of the Arabidopsis FLS2-BAK1 immune complex. Science. 2013;342:624-8 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal the molecular mechanisms underlying FLS2-BAK1 complex recognition of flg22 and provide insight into the immune receptor complex activation. ..
- Gachomo E, Jimenez Lopez J, Baptiste L, Kotchoni S. GIGANTUS1 (GTS1), a member of Transducin/WD40 protein superfamily, controls seed germination, growth and biomass accumulation through ribosome-biogenesis protein interactions in Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Plant Biol. 2014;14:37 pubmed publisher..and protein modeling approaches, we characterize GIGANTUS1 (GTS1), a new member of WD40 repeat protein in Arabidopsis thaliana and provide evidence of its role in controlling plant growth development...
- Yu L, Shi D, Li J, Kong Y, Yu Y, Chai G, et al. CELLULOSE SYNTHASE-LIKE A2, a glucomannan synthase, is involved in maintaining adherent mucilage structure in Arabidopsis seed. Plant Physiol. 2014;164:1842-56 pubmed publisher..However, it is not yet known how mannans function in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) seed mucilage...
- Onkokesung N, Reichelt M, van Doorn A, Schuurink R, van Loon J, Dicke M. Modulation of flavonoid metabolites in Arabidopsis thaliana through overexpression of the MYB75 transcription factor: role of kaempferol-3,7-dirhamnoside in resistance to the specialist insect herbivore Pieris brassicae. J Exp Bot. 2014;65:2203-17 pubmed publisher..In Arabidopsis thaliana, anthocyanin and flavonol biosynthesis are regulated by MYB transcription factors...
- Kim W, Kim J, Ko J, Kang H, Han K. Identification of direct targets of transcription factor MYB46 provides insights into the transcriptional regulation of secondary wall biosynthesis. Plant Mol Biol. 2014;85:589-99 pubmed publisher..TF) MYB46 (At5g12870) has been shown to function as a central regulator for secondary wall formation in Arabidopsis thaliana, activating biosynthetic genes as well as the TFs involved in the pathways...
- Bolaños Villegas P, Yang X, Wang H, Juan C, Chuang M, Makaroff C, et al. Arabidopsis CHROMOSOME TRANSMISSION FIDELITY 7 (AtCTF7/ECO1) is required for DNA repair, mitosis and meiosis. Plant J. 2013;75:927-40 pubmed publisher..report here the isolation and detailed characterization of two homozygous T-DNA insertion mutants for the Arabidopsis thaliana Eco1 homolog, CHROMOSOME TRANSMISSION FIDELITY 7/ESTABLISHMENT OF COHESION 1 (CTF7/ECO1), called ctf7-1 and ..
- Kim Y, Sakuraba Y, Han S, Yoo S, Paek N. Mutation of the Arabidopsis NAC016 transcription factor delays leaf senescence. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:1660-72 pubmed publisher..we show that NAC016, the previously uncharacterized senescence-associated NAM/ATAF1/2/CUC2 (senNAC) TF in Arabidopsis thaliana, promotes senescence...
- Meijón M, Satbhai S, Tsuchimatsu T, Busch W. Genome-wide association study using cellular traits identifies a new regulator of root development in Arabidopsis. Nat Genet. 2014;46:77-81 pubmed publisher..Here we used the model organism Arabidopsis thaliana to combine high-throughput confocal microscopy imaging of traits at the cellular level, GWA and expression ..
- Iwasaki M, Paszkowski J. Identification of genes preventing transgenerational transmission of stress-induced epigenetic states. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:8547-52 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an important, previously unidentified function of DDM1 and MOM1 in rapid resetting of stress induced epigenetic states, and therefore also in preventing their mitotic propagation and transgenerational inheritance. ..
- Malinova I, Mahlow S, Alseekh S, Orawetz T, Fernie A, Baumann O, et al. Double knockout mutants of Arabidopsis grown under normal conditions reveal that the plastidial phosphorylase isozyme participates in transitory starch metabolism. Plant Physiol. 2014;164:907-21 pubmed publisher..In continuous light, growth of both double mutants is similar to that of the parental single knockout lines. Metabolite profiles and oligoglucan patterns differ largely in the two double mutants. ..
- Mendes M, Guerra R, Berns M, Manzo C, Masiero S, Finzi L, et al. MADS domain transcription factors mediate short-range DNA looping that is essential for target gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2560-72 pubmed publisher..Our in vivo data show that the size and position of this loop, determined by the choice of CArG element usage, is essential for correct expression. Our studies provide solid in vivo evidence for the floral quartet model. ..
- Stegmann M, Anderson R, Westphal L, Rosahl S, McDowell J, Trujillo M. The exocyst subunit Exo70B1 is involved in the immune response of Arabidopsis thaliana to different pathogens and cell death. Plant Signal Behav. 2013;8:e27421 pubmed publisher..We also show that exo70B1 mutants display lesion-mimic cell death, which in combination with the reduced responsiveness to pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPs) results in complex immunity-related phenotypes. ..
- Seo K, Lee J, Nezames C, Zhong S, Song E, Byun M, et al. ABD1 is an Arabidopsis DCAF substrate receptor for CUL4-DDB1-based E3 ligases that acts as a negative regulator of abscisic acid signaling. Plant Cell. 2014;26:695-711 pubmed publisher..protein, ABD1 (for ABA-hypersensitive DCAF1), that negatively regulates abscisic acid (ABA) signaling in Arabidopsis thaliana. ABD1 interacts with DDB1 in vitro and in vivo, indicating that it likely functions as a CUL4 E3 ligase ..
- Lao J, Oikawa A, Bromley J, McInerney P, Suttangkakul A, Smith Moritz A, et al. The plant glycosyltransferase clone collection for functional genomics. Plant J. 2014;79:517-29 pubmed publisher..Based on the Carbohydrate-Active enZymes (CAZy) database, the genome of the reference plant Arabidopsis thaliana codes for over 450 GTs, while the rice genome (Oryza sativa) contains over 600 members...
- Gangadharan A, Sreerekha M, Whitehill J, Ham J, Mackey D. The Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato type III effector HopM1 suppresses Arabidopsis defenses independent of suppressing salicylic acid signaling and of targeting AtMIN7. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82032 pubmed publisher..syringae pv phaseolicola strain NPS3121 (Pph) lacks a functional HopM1 and elicits robust defenses in Arabidopsis thaliana, including accumulation of pathogenesis related 1 (PR-1) protein and deposition of callose-containing cell ..