Alias: Alcimandra, Aromadendron
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- [Inhibitory effects of natural plant extracts on Verticillium albo-atrum]Shuhong Zhang
College of Horticulture, Shenyang Agricultural University, Shenyang 110161, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 17:1137-40. 2006..with an inhibitory rate more than 50%, among which, the inhibitory rate of Asarum sieboldii, Coptis chinensis, Magnolia officinalis, Acacia catechu, Sophora flavescens, Glycyrrhiza uralensis, Cnidium monnieri, Platycodon grandiflorum ..
- The role of natural products in the discovery of new drug candidates for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders II: Alzheimer's diseaseMiguel Divino da Rocha
LFQM Laboratório de Fitoquímica e Química Medicinal, Instituto de Ciencias Exatas, Universidade Federal de Alfenas UNIFAL MG, 37130 000, Alfenas, MG, Brazil
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 10:251-70. 2011..Centella asiatica, Curcuma longa, Ginkgo biloba, Huperzia serrata, Lycoris radiate, Galanthus nivalis, Magnolia officinalis, Polygala tenuifolia, Salvia lavandulaefolia, Salvia miltiorrhiza, Coptis chinensis, Crocus sativus, ..
- Honokiol and magnolol increase the number of [3H] muscimol binding sites three-fold in rat forebrain membranes in vitro using a filtration assay, by allosterically increasing the affinities of low-affinity sitesR F Squires
Center for Neurochemistry, The Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Neurochem Res 24:1593-602. 19991. The bark of the root and stem of various Magnolia species has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat a variety of disorders including anxiety and nervous disturbances...
- Formulations of dietary supplements and herbal extracts for relaxation and anxiolytic action: RelarianBenjamin S Weeks
Department of Biology, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530, USA
Med Sci Monit 15:RA256-62. 2009..Further, extracts of Magnolia and Phellondendron bark are mild sedatives...
- Mapping urban forest tree species using IKONOS imagery: preliminary resultsRuiliang Pu
Department of Geography, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, 33620, USA
Environ Monit Assess 172:199-214. 2011..consist of sand live oak (Quercus geminata), laurel oak (Quercus laurifolia), live oak (Quercus virginiana), magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora), pine (species group), palm (species group), camphor (Cinnamomum camphora), and red maple (..
- Effect of wood hardness and secondary compounds on feeding preference of Odontotermes formosanus (Isoptera: Termitidae)Boris Dodji Kasseney
Ministry of Agriculture Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology of Crop Pathogens and Insects, Institute of Insect Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310029, China
J Econ Entomol 104:862-7. 2011..Feeding preference was influenced by wood species and bait type. For solid wood, Magnolia denudata Desr (75%) and Elaeocarpus glabripetalus Merr (41%) were most preferred; for crude flour, E...
- Phytophthora morindae, a new species causing black flag disease on noni (Morinda citrifolia L) in HawaiiScot C Nelson
University of Hawaii at Manoa, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, Department of Plant and Environmental Protection Sciences, Cooperative Extension Service, 875 Komohana Street, Hilo, Hawaii 96720, USA
Mycologia 102:122-34. 2010..lesions on forest trees (beech, Fagus sylvatica) and foliar necrosis of ornamentals (rhododendron, pieris and magnolia) in the UK, and isolated in New Zealand from necrotic cherimoya shoots and fruits and soil...
- Expression of floral MADS-box genes in basal angiosperms: implications for the evolution of floral regulatorsSangtae Kim
Department of Botany, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Plant J 43:724-44. 2005..and Illicium (Austrobaileyales), the successive sister groups to all other extant angiosperms, plus Magnolia and Asimina, members of the large magnoliid clade...
- Effects of food and gender on the pharmacokinetics of rhein and emodin in rats after oral dosing with Da-Cheng-Qi decoctionHanLin Gong
Department of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, People s Republic of China
Phytother Res 25:74-80. 2011..used to treat digestive diseases, is composed of dahuang (Rheum officinale Baill, Polygonaceae), houpu (Magnolia officinalis Rehd., Magnoliaceae), zhishi (Citrus aurantium L, Rutaceae) and mangxiao (sodium sulphate)...
- Annual and seasonal variation in the phyllosphere bacterial community associated with leaves of the southern Magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora)Colin R Jackson
Department of Biology, Shoemaker Hall, The University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA
Microb Ecol 61:113-22. 2011..We sampled replicate leaves from a single magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora) tree in the winter of three consecutive years (2007-2009) as well as during four seasons ..
- KIOM-79 inhibits high glucose or AGEs-induced VEGF expression in human retinal pigment epithelial cellsYoung Sook Kim
Department of Herbal Pharmaceutical Development, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, 461 24 Jeonmin dong, Yuseng gu, Daejeon 305 811, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 112:166-72. 2007We evaluated whether KIOM-79, a mixture of extracts obtained from Puerariae lobata, Magnolia officinalis, Glycyrrhiza uralensis and Euphorbia pekinensis, could inhibit vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression in human retinal ..
- KIOM-79 inhibits LPS-induced iNOS gene expression by blocking NF-kappaB/Rel and p38 kinase activation in murine macrophagesYoung Jin Jeon
College of Medicine, Chosun University, 375 Susukdong, Kwangju 501 709, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 108:38-45. 2006We demonstrate that KIOM-79, combined extracts obtained from Magnolia officinalis, Pueraria lobata, Glycyrrhiza uralensis, and Euphorbia pekinensis, inhibits LPS-induced expression of iNOS gene in RAW 264.7 cells. Treatment of RAW 264...
- Effect of a sugar-free chewing gum containing magnolia bark extract on different variables related to caries and gingivitis: a randomized controlled intervention trialG Campus
Dental Institutet, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Caries Res 45:393-9. 2011The effect of magnolia bark extract (MBE) on different variables related to caries and gingivitis administered daily through a sugar-free chewing gum was evaluated...
- Interactions of Magnolia and Ziziphus extracts with selected central nervous system receptorsUwe Koetter
Dr Koetter Consulting, Kirchhalde 19, Uttwil 8592, Switzerland
J Ethnopharmacol 124:421-5. 2009b>Magnolia officinalis Rehder and Wilson [Magnoliaceae] bark and Ziziphus spinosa (Buhge) Hu ex. Chen. [Fam. Rhamnaceae] seed have a history of use in traditional Asian medicine for mild anxiety, nervousness and sleep-related problems.
- The sequence of the largest subunit of RNA polymerase II is a useful marker for inferring seed plant phylogenyJennifer Nickerson
Departement de Biologie, Université d Ottawa, 30 Marie Curie, Ottawa, Ont, Canada K1N 6N5
Mol Phylogenet Evol 31:403-15. 2004..angiosperms are a clade comprising Amborella as a sister group to all other angiosperms, followed by Nymphaea, Magnolia, Arabidopsis, and a monocot clade containing maize and rice...
- Dibenzocyclooctadiene lignans from Magnolia and Talauma (Magnoliaceae): their absolute configuration ascertained by circular dichroism and X-ray crystallography and re-evaluation of previously published pyramidatin structuresWolfgang Schühly
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Phytochemistry 71:1787-95. 2010..with Machilin G, were isolated from the dichloromethane extracts of aerial material of Talauma gloriensis, Magnolia fraseri, and Magnolia pyramidata (Magnoliaceae)...
- A pilot study of banxia houpu tang, a traditional Chinese medicine, for reducing pneumonia risk in older adults with dementiaKoh Iwasaki
Center for Asian Traditional Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:2035-40. 2007To evaluate whether the traditional Chinese herbal medicine banxia houpu tang (BHT, formula magnolia et pinelliae) prevents aspiration pneumonia and pneumonia-related mortality in elderly people.
- Multiform biosynthetic pathway of syringyl lignin in angiospermsKazuchika Yamauchi
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Planta 216:496-501. 2003..oleander ( Nerium indicum Mill.), magnolia ( Magnolia kobus DC.) and Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh...
- Antiallergic action of Magnolia officinalis on immediate hypersensitivity reactionT Y Shin
College of Pharmacy, Woosuk University, Chonju, Chonbuk, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 24:249-55. 2001We studied the effect of aqueous extract of Magnolia officinalis bark (Magnoliaceae) (MOAE) on the immediate hypersensitivity reaction. MOAE (0.01 to 1 g/kg) dose-dependently inhibited compound 48/80 induced systemic anaphylaxis in rats...
- [Repellent and antifeedant effect of secondary metabolites of non-host plants on Plutella xylostella]Hui Wei
Institute of Plant Protection, Fujian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Fuzhou 350013, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 15:473-6. 2004..Exts) of Bauhinia variegata, Eucalyptus tereticornis, Euphorbia hirta, Duranta repens, Zanthoxylum bungeanum, Magnolia grandiflora, and Nicotiana tabacum were applied respectively, the oviposition repellent rates were all over 80...
- Intraspecific sequence variation of chloroplast DNA among the component species of deciduous broad-leaved forests in JapanTakaya Iwasaki
Makino Herbarium, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 1 1 Minami Osawa, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
J Plant Res 119:539-52. 2006..00083), C. laxiflora (pi=0.00221), Magnolia obovata (pi=0.00134), Lindera triloba (pi=0.00255), L. obtusiloba (pi=0.00289), Pourthiaea villosa var...
- The use of long-chain plant polyprenols as a means to modify the biological properties of new biodegradable polyurethane scaffolds for tissue engineering. A pilot studyKrystyna Walinska
Department of Biology, Institute of Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences, University of Zielona Gora, ul prof Z Szafrana 1, Zielona Gora 65 516, Poland
J Mater Sci Mater Med 19:129-35. 2008..The polyprenol was isolated from leaves of Magnolia cobus and was a mixture of prenol-10 and prenol-11...
- The outer integument and funicular outgrowth complex in the ovule of Magnolia grandiflora (Magnoliaceae)Toshihiro Yamada
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Plant Res 116:189-98. 2003The development of the outer integument and funicular outgrowth in the ovule of Magnolia grandiflora was examined by microtomy and scanning electron microscopy to reveal the morphology and evolution of the outer integument, a novel ..
- Evaluation of sticky ovitraps for the surveillance of Aedes (Stegomyia) albopictus (Skuse) and the screening of oviposition attractants from organic infusionsL Y Zhang
Institute of Insect Resources, Huazhong Agricultural University, 1 Shizishan Road, Hongshang District, Wuhan, 430070, China
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 102:399-407. 2008..for infusions made from the leaves of the camphorwood tree, box, green bristle grass, Bermuda grass, lotus magnolia or bamboo. In terms of the attractancy of the sticky ovitraps to female Ae...
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 by plant extract KIOM-79 via Akt pathway and NF-E2 related factor 2 in pancreatic beta-cellsKyoung Ah Kang
College of Medicine, Cheju National University, Jeju Si, Korea
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:1392-9. 2008..A mixture of plant extracts (KIOM-79) was obtained from Magnolia officinalis, Pueraria lobata, Glycyrrhiza uralensis, and Euphorbia pekinensis...
- Magnolol protects against cerebral ischaemic injury of rat heatstrokeC P Chang
Institute of Physiology, National Yang Ming University, School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 30:387-92. 20031. Free radicals mediate cerebral ischaemic injury associated with heatstroke. Magnolol, an active component of Magnolia officinalis, is 1000-fold more potent than alpha-tocopherol in inhibiting lipid peroxidation in rat mitochondria...
- Antidepressant-like effects of the mixture of honokiol and magnolol from the barks of Magnolia officinalis in stressed rodentsQun Xu
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Institute of Functional Biomolecules, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:715-25. 2008Honokiol and magnolol are the main constituents simultaneously identified in the barks of Magnolia officinalis, which have been used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat a variety of mental disorders including depression...
- [Volatile oil of Magnolia biondii inhibits expressions of P-selectin protein in serum and renal tissue of rats with diabetic nephropathy]Xue Peng Sun
Department of Nephrology, The 6th People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200233, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 6:524-9. 2008To investigate the protection mechanism of volatile oil of Magnolia biondii Pamp...
- Antidepressant-like synergism of extracts from magnolia bark and ginger rhizome alone and in combination in miceLi Tao Yi
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:616-24. 2009b>Magnolia bark and ginger rhizome is a drug pair in many prescriptions for treatment of mental disorders in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)...
- Growth stress controls negative gravitropism in woody plant stemsHiroyuki Yamamoto
School of Bio Agricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Planta 216:280-92. 2002..Simulations of observed tree branch morphology of Magnolia kobus DC., Juniperus chinensis L., Abies saccharinensis Fr. Schum., and Prunus spachiana Kitamura f. spachiana cv...
- Physiological characterization of spoilage strains of Zygosaccharomyces bailii and Zygosaccharomyces rouxii isolated from high sugar environmentsPatricia Martorell
Departamento de Biotecnologia, Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos CSIC, P O Box 73, E 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 114:234-42. 2007..bailii strains were abnormally able to grow at 37 degrees C. In all strains other than C. magnolia and C. halophila, cells were able to adapt to high levels of sugar...
- Cytoprotective effects of KIOM-79 on streptozotocin induced cell damage by inhibiting ERK and AP-1Kyoung Ah Kang
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine and Applied Radiological Science Research Institute, Cheju National University, Jeju Si, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 30:852-8. 2007..investigated the potential cytoprotective properties of a combination of plant extracts (KIOM-79) obtained from Magnolia officinalis, Pueraria lobata, Glycyrrhiza uralensis, and Euphorbia pekinensis, against the oxidative stresses ..
- Combined administration of the mixture of honokiol and magnolol and ginger oil evokes antidepressant-like synergism in ratsLi Qin Qiang
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, People s Republic of China
Arch Pharm Res 32:1281-92. 2009b>Magnolia bark combined with ginger rhizome is a common drug pair in traditional Chinese prescriptions for the treatment of depression...
- Using a limited mapping strategy to identify major QTLs for resistance to grapevine powdery mildew (Erysiphe necator) and their use in marker-assisted breedingS Riaz
Department of Viticulture and Enology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Theor Appl Genet 122:1059-73. 2011..Three populations derived their resistance from Muscadinia rotundifolia 'Magnolia'...
- Honokiol causes G0-G1 phase cell cycle arrest in human prostate cancer cells in association with suppression of retinoblastoma protein level/phosphorylation and inhibition of E2F1 transcriptional activityEun Ryeong Hahm
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2686-95. 2007..to gain insights into the mechanism of cell cycle arrest caused by honokiol, a constituent of oriental herb Magnolia officinalis...
- Covariance of preference and performance on normal and novel hosts in a locally monophagous and locally polyphagous butterfly populationJ L Bossart
Department of Biology, The College of New Jersey, PO Box 7718, Ewing, NJ 08628 0718, USA
Oecologia 135:477-86. 2003..e., Liriodendron tulipifera and Magnolia virginiana) and a split-brood design to quantify relative performance of their progeny on each host...
- Medicinal agents in the metabolic syndromeG Banos
Department of Biochemistry, National Institute of Cardiology Ignacio Chavez, Juan Badiano 1 Tlalpan México D F 14080 México
Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem 6:237-52. 2008..fish oils) or Vegetal: for example Digitalis pupurea, century-old cardiovascular medication as well as Magnolia officinalis; Spirulina maxima with beneficial effects as antioxidant and lipid-lowering agent, among others...
- Obovatols, new chitin synthase 2 inhibitors of Saccharomyces cerevisiae from Magnolia obovataEui Il Hwang
Antibiotics Research Laboratory, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, PO Box 115, Yusung, Taejon 305 333, Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 49:95-101. 2002..we have isolated a new type of chitin synthase 2 inhibitor, obovatol, which has a biphenol skeleton, from Magnolia obovata. Obovatol inhibited chitin synthase 2 activity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae with an IC(50) of 38 microM...
- Alkaloid and phenolic compounds of Galanthus caucasicus, Magnolia obovata, Cocculus laurifolius, and Veratrum lobelianum grown in GeorgiaDali M Tsakadze
Department of Chemistry, Iv Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Chavchavadze, Tbilisi, GA, USA
Mol Divers 9:41-4. 2005A collection of plants from the country of Georgia (Galanthus caucasicus, Magnolia obovata, Cocculus laurifolius, and Veratrum lobelianum) has been studied for their alkaloid content...
- Liquid chromatography-atmospheric pressure chemical ionization tandem mass spectrometry for the simultaneous determination of dimethoxyaschantin, dimethylliroresinol, dimethylpinoresinol, epimagnolin A, fargesin and magnolin in rat plasmaJi Hyun Jeong
National Research Laboratory for Drug Metabolism and Bioanalysis, College of Pharmacy, Wonkwang University, Iksan 570 749, Korea
Biomed Chromatogr 25:879-89. 2011..dimethylpinoresinol, epimagnolin A, fargesin and magnolin, the pharmacologically active ingredients of Magnolia fargesii in rat plasma...
- Leaf phenology in relation to canopy closure in southern Appalachian treesOmar R Lopez
Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 USA
Am J Bot 95:1395-407. 2008..g., Aesculus flava, Carpinus caroliniana) broke bud an average of 24 d before late leafers (e.g., Magnolia fraseri, Nyssa sylvatica)...
- Inhibition of urease by extracts derived from 15 Chinese medicinal herbsDa Hua Shi
School of Chemical Engineering, Huaihai Institute of Technology, Lianyungang, People s Republic of China
Pharm Biol 49:752-5. 2011..In China, a variety of Chinese medicinal herbs have been prescribed to attenuate or eradicate gastritis-like disorders. However, little is known about the urease inhibition of Chinese medicinal herbs...
- Costunolide-induced apoptosis in human leukemia cells: involvement of c-jun N-terminal kinase activationJung Hye Choi
Department of Oriental Pharmaceutical Science, College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, Hoegi dong, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 32:1803-8. 2009The authors previously reported that costunolide, an active compound isolated from the stem bark of Magnolia sieboldii, induced apoptosis via reactive oxygen species (ROS) and Bcl-2-dependent mitochondrial permeability transition in human ..
- Effects of the extract of the bark of Magnolia obovata and its biphenolic constituents magnolol and honokiol on histamine release from peritoneal mast cells in ratsY Ikarashi
Department of Neuropsychopharmacology Tsumura, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Planta Med 67:709-13. 2001..This effect may be due mainly to the extract of the bark of Magnolia obovata (M. obovata), a constituent herb of saiboku-to...
- Orthogonal array design for antidepressant compatibility of polysaccharides from Banxia-Houpu decoction, a traditional Chinese herb prescription in the mouse models of depressionLi Tao Yi
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Arch Pharm Res 32:1417-23. 2009..of five herb polysaccharide fractions from Banxia-Houpu decoction, composed of rhizome pinelliae (PRP), magnolia bark (PMB), poria (PPO), ginger rhizome (PGR) and folium perillae (PFP) by a L(16)(2(5)) orthogonal array design ..
- [Quality assessment for Coptis chinensis planted with ecological techniques]Li Qun Wang
New Drugs Research and Development Center, Hubei Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Wuhan 430074, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 26:608-10. 2004..To evaluate the quality difference between Coptis chinensis planted with ecological techniques and shelf planted Coptis chinensis...
- Identification of a naturally occurring rexinoid, honokiol, that activates the retinoid X receptorHitoshi Kotani
Laboratory of Medicinal Resources, School of Pharmacy, Aichi Gakuin University, 1 100 Kusumoto cho, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8650, Japan
J Nat Prod 73:1332-6. 2010..of 86 crude drugs for retinoid X receptor (RXR) ligands demonstrated that the methanol extract of the bark of Magnolia obovata markedly activated the transcriptional activity of RXRalpha in luciferase reporter assays...
- Complete chloroplast genome sequence of Magnolia kwangsiensis (Magnoliaceae): implication for DNA barcoding and population geneticsDai Yong Kuang
Shenzhen Fairy Lake Botanical Garden, Guangdong, P R China
Genome 54:663-73. 2011..The plastome of Magnolia kwangsiensis Figlar & Noot...
- Chloroplast DNA sequence from a miocene Magnolia speciesE M Golenberg
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside 92521
Nature 344:656-8. 1990..the amplification of an 820-base pair (bp) DNA fragment from the chloroplast gene rbcL from a fossil of the genus Magnolia, and its subsequent sequencing...
- Giant flowers of Southern magnolia are hydrated by the xylemTaylor S Feild
Department of Ecology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37919, USA
Plant Physiol 150:1587-97. 2009..We demonstrate that the water balance of Southern magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora) flowers is regulated in a manner opposite from that of previously examined flowers...
- Honokiol, a phytochemical from Magnolia spp., inhibits breast cancer cell migration by targeting nitric oxide and cyclooxygenase-2Tripti Singh
Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Int J Oncol 38:769-76. 2011In the present study, we report the effects of honokiol, a phytochemical from Magnolia spp., on cancer cell migration capacity and the molecular mechanisms underlying these effects using breast cancer cell lines as an in vitro model...
- Anxiolytic-like effects of obovatol isolated from Magnolia obovata: involvement of GABA/benzodiazepine receptors complexJeong Ju Seo
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, 361 763, South Korea
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:1363-9. 2007This experiment was performed to investigate whether obovatol isolated from the leaves of Magnolia obovata has anxiolytic-like effects through GABA-benzodiazepine-receptors Cl(-) channel activation...
- Effects of pollen shortage and self-pollination on seed production of an endangered tree, Magnolia stellataKimiko Hirayama
Kansai Research Center, Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute, Momoyama, Fushimi, Kyoto 612 0855, Japan
Ann Bot 95:1009-15. 2005..of pollen shortage and self-pollination on seed production were quantitatively examined in the natural pollination of an insect-pollinated, dichogamous, endangered tree, Magnolia stellata, which has a large, showy floral display.
- Protective effect of the ethanol extract of Magnolia officinalis and 4-O-methylhonokiol on scopolamine-induced memory impairment and the inhibition of acetylcholinesterase activityYong Kyung Lee
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, 12, Gaesin dong, Heungduk gu, Cheongju, Chungbuk, 361 763, Korea
J Nat Med 63:274-82. 2009Magnolol, honokiol, and obovatol are well-known bioactive constituents of the bark of Magnolia officinalis and have been used as traditional Chinese medicines for the treatment of neurosis, anxiety, and stroke...
- Magnolol and honokiol: inhibitors against mouse passive cutaneous anaphylaxis reaction and scratching behaviorsSang Jun Han
Department of Life and Nanopharmaceutical Sciences and Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi, Dongdaemun ku, Seoul, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 30:2201-3. 2007The antiallergic effects of magnolol and honokiol, isolated from the bark of Magnolia obovata (family Magnoliaceae), were investigated both in vitro and in vivo...
- Apoptosis induced by Magnolia Grandiﬂora extract in chlorambucil-resistant B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia cellsGustavo Horacio Marin
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical, Faculty of Medical Sciences, National University of La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Cancer Res Ther 6:463-5. 2010..New pharmacological properties can be obtained from a great diversity botanical species. Among these products, Magnolia Grandiflora receives our attention since it mainly contains Honokiol which had demonstrated effect against B-CLL ..
- Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on stress levels in healthy women: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trialDouglas S Kalman
Director, Nutrition, Miami Research Associates, Miami, FL, USA
Nutr J 7:11. 2008..This study measured the effects of a proprietary blend of extracts of Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense (Relora) on anxiety, stress and sleep in healthy premenopausal women.
- Rapid biological synthesis of silver nanoparticles using plant leaf extractsJae Yong Song
Department of Chemical Engineering, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, Republic of Korea
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 32:79-84. 2009Five plant leaf extracts (Pine, Persimmon, Ginkgo, Magnolia and Platanus) were used and compared for their extracellular synthesis of metallic silver nanoparticles...
- [Seed germinating characteristics of endangered plant Magnolia officinalis]Xiao Shu
Research Institute of Subtropical Forestry, Chinese Academy of Forestry, Fuyang 311400, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 35:419-22. 2010To find out the optimal condition for the germination and cultivation condition on Magnolia officinalis, and offer the basis for standardized culture of M. officinalis.
- 5-lipoxygenase-inhibitory constituents from Schizandra fructus and Magnolia flosHyun Lim
College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chunchon, Korea
Phytother Res 23:1489-92. 2009In order to establish the antiallergic properties of Schisandra fructus and Magnolia flos, several compounds isolated from these plants were tested for 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX) inhibitory activity in vitro, for the first time...
- Downregulation of STAT3 and activation of MAPK are involved in the induction of apoptosis by HNK in glioblastoma cell line U87Yubao Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, P R China
Oncol Rep 32:2038-46. 2014..Honokiol [3,5-di-(2-propenyl)-1,1-biphenyl-2,2-diol; HNK], a natural bioactive molecular compound isolated from the Magnolia officinalis, exhibits potent antitumor activity against a variety of human cancer cell lines...
- Identification of honokiol metabolites in rats by the method of stable isotope cluster technique and ultra-high performance liquid chromatography/quadrupole-time-of-flight mass spectrometryHuijun Lai
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China College of Chemical Engineering, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610065, China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 931:157-63. 2013Honokiol, a natural molecule isolated from Magnolia officinalis Rehd. et Wils., is widely known as an antitumor agent...
- Long-term supplementation of honokiol and magnolol ameliorates body fat accumulation, insulin resistance, and adipose inflammation in high-fat fed miceYoung Je Kim
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Mol Nutr Food Res 57:1988-98. 2013This study investigated the effect of honokiol (HON) and magnolol (MAG), phenolic compounds in Magnolia plants, on adiposity and adiposity-related metabolic disturbances in mice fed high-fat diet (HFD), and the potential underlying ..
- Magnolol induces apoptosis via caspase-independent pathways in non-small cell lung cancer cellsJong Rung Tsai
Department of Respiratory Therapy, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, No 100, Shih Chuan 1st Road, Kao Hsiung, 80708, Taiwan
Arch Pharm Res 37:548-57. 2014Magnolol, a hydroxylated biphenyl agent isolated from herbal planet Magnolia officinalis, is a component of traditional Asian herbal teas. It has been reported to have anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer activity...
- Biological reduction of graphene oxide using plant leaf extractsGeummi Lee
Dept of Chemical Engineering, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, 361 763, Republic of Korea
Biotechnol Prog 30:463-9. 2014..In this study, seven plant leaf extracts (Cherry, Magnolia, Platanus, Persimmon, Pine, Maple, and Ginkgo) were compared for their abilities to reduce graphene oxide...
- Effect of honokiol on cytochrome P450 and UDP-glucuronosyltransferase enzyme activities in human liver microsomesHyeon Uk Jeong
College of Pharmacy, The Catholic University of Korea, Bucheon 420 743, Korea
Molecules 18:10681-93. 2013Honokiol is a bioactive component isolated from the medicinal herbs Magnolia officinalis and Magnolia grandiflora that has antioxidative, anti-inflammatory, antithrombotic, and antitumor activities...
- Honokiol inhibits androgen receptor activity in prostate cancer cellsEun Ryeong Hahm
Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, and University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Prostate 74:408-20. 2014We have shown previously that honokiol (HNK), a bioactive component of the medicinal plant Magnolia officinalis, inhibits growth of human prostate cancer cells in vitro and in vivo...
- Magnolin protects against contrast-induced nephropathy in rats via antioxidation and antiapoptosisFeng Wang
Department of Nephrology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital, 600 Yishan Road, Shanghai 200233, China
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2014:203458. 2014Magnolin is the major active ingredient of the herb Magnolia fargesii which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidative effects. Oxidative stress and apoptosis are involved in the pathogenesis of contrast-induced nephropathy (CIN)...
- Genetic variation and conservation assessment of Chinese populations of Magnolia cathcartii (Magnoliaceae), a rare evergreen tree from the South-Central China hotspot in the Eastern HimalayasXue Mei Zhang
Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, Yunnan 650204, China
J Plant Res 123:321-31. 2010Nine natural populations of the rare evergreen tree Magnolia cathcartii (Magnoliaceae) were sampled across its natural range, and amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP) markers were used to assess genetic variation within and among ..
- [Characteristics of caloric value and nutrient content of four garden tree species]Mei Ling Chen
State Key Laboratory of Soil Erosion and Dryland Farming on the Loess Plateau, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 19:747-51. 2008..serrulata, Magnolia denudata and M...
- The importance of new molecules in selective perfumeryMaurice Roucel
Symrise AG, 15 rue Mozart, FR 92100 Clichy la Garenne
Chem Biodivers 11:1462-9. 2014..odorant undecavertol, the floral nerolione and coumarone, the gourmand cappuccino levistamel, the sandalwood notes Sandranol(®) or Bacdanol(®) , the fruity top note Magnolia Flower oil, and finally the woody ambery Ambrocenide(®) .
- Honokiol inhibits lung tumorigenesis through inhibition of mitochondrial functionJing Pan
Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center and Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 7:1149-59. 2014Honokiol is an important bioactive compound found in the bark of Magnolia tree. It is a nonadipogenic PPARγ agonist and capable of inhibiting the growth of a variety of tumor types both in vitro and in xenograft models...
- Magnolol and honokiol prevent learning and memory impairment and cholinergic deficit in SAMP8 miceNobuaki Matsui
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, 180 Nishihama bouji, Yamashiro cho, Tokushima City, Tokushima 770 8514, Japan
Brain Res 1305:108-17. 2009..Magnolol and honokiol, constituents of the Magnolia plant, are small organic compounds with neurotrophic activity...
- Magnolol inhibits the inflammatory response in mouse mammary epithelial cells and a mouse mastitis modelWang Wei
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin Province, 130062, People s Republic of China
Inflammation 38:16-26. 2015..Magnolol is a polyphenolic binaphthalene compound extracted from the stem bark of Magnolia sp., which has been shown to exert a potential for anti-inflammatory activity...
- Honokiol increases ABCA1 expression level by activating retinoid X receptor betaCha Gyun Jung
Department of Alzheimer s Disease Research, Research Institute, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 33:1105-11. 2010..Using this system, we identified honokiol, a compound extracted from Magnolia officinalis, as an activator of the ABCA1 promoter...
- [Identification of the different cultivated Magnolia biondii]Hong Xia Wang
Pharmaceutical College of Henan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Zhengzhou 450008, China
Zhong Yao Cai 33:1861-5. 2010To distinguish Magnolia biondii of ten different cultivated.
- A novel aporphine alkaloid from Magnolia officinalisZuo Fu Guo
Department of Natural Medicinal Chemistry, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tong Jia Xiang, Nanjing 210009, PR China
Fitoterapia 82:637-41. 2011A novel aporphine alkaloid, magnofficine (1), has been isolated from the root barks of the Chinese medicinal plant Magnolia officinalis, along with seven known compounds...
- Effects of magnolol on vascular contraction in rat aortic ringsYoung Mi Seok
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 39:28-36. 20121. Magnolol (5,5'-diallyl-2,2'-dihydroxybiphenyl) is a major phenolic compound purified from Magnolia officinalis. The aim of the present study was to elucidate the effects of magnolol on vascular contractions. 2...
- Separation and determination of honokiol and magnolol in Chinese traditional medicines by capillary electrophoresis with the application of response surface methodology and radial basis function neural networkPing Han
Department of Applied Chemistry, Yantai University, Yantai 264005, China
J Chromatogr Sci 50:71-5. 2012A method for the separation and determination of honokiol and magnolol in Magnolia officinalis and its medicinal preparation is developed by capillary zone electrophoresis and response surface methodology...
- Electrochemical detection of honokiol and magnolol in traditional Chinese medicines using acetylene black nanoparticle-modified electrodeXiaofeng Yang
School of Pharmacy, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, People s Republic of China
Phytochem Anal 22:291-5. 2011Honokiol and magnolol are the active components of Magnolia officinalis, which is a widely used traditional Chinese medicine. Their simultaneous analysis is, therefore, important for the quality control of the product.
- Inhibition of class I histone deacetylases in non-small cell lung cancer by honokiol leads to suppression of cancer cell growth and induction of cell death in vitro and in vivoTripti Singh
Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Epigenetics 8:54-65. 2013..Here, we report the chemotherapeutic effect of honokiol, a phytochemical from Magnolia grandiflora, on NSCLC cells and the molecular mechanisms underlying these effects using in vitro and in vivo ..
- Fargesin improves lipid and glucose metabolism in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and high-fat diet-induced obese miceYoung Sil Lee
Research Institute for Biological Functions, Chubu University, Kasugai, Aichi, Japan
Biofactors 38:300-8. 2012This study examined the effects of fargesin, a neolignan isolated from Magnolia plants, on obesity and insulin resistance and the possible mechanisms involved in these effects in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and high-fat diet (HFD)-induced obese ..
- The antiplatelet activity of magnolol is mediated by PPAR-β/γChing Yu Shih
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Pharmacol 84:793-803. 2012..whether PPARs-mediated pathways contribute to the antiplatelet activity of magnolol, a compound purified from Magnolia officinalis...
- Complete chloroplast genome sequence of Magnolia grandiflora and comparative analysis with related speciesXiwen Li
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100193, China
Sci China Life Sci 56:189-98. 2013b>Magnolia grandiflora is an important medicinal, ornamental and horticultural plant species. The chloroplast (cp) genome of M...
- Magnolia polyphenols attenuate oxidative and inflammatory responses in neurons and microglial cellsDennis Y Chuang
Interdisciplinary Neuroscience Program, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
J Neuroinflammation 10:15. 2013The bark of magnolia has been used in Oriental medicine to treat a variety of remedies, including some neurological disorders...
- Scopoletin from the flower buds of Magnolia fargesii inhibits protein glycation, aldose reductase, and cataractogenesis ex vivoJun Lee
Diabetic Complications Research Center, Division of Traditional Korean Medicine Integrated Research, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon, 305 811, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 33:1317-23. 2010..2), stigmast-4-en-3-one (3), tiliroside (4), and oplopanone (5) were obtained from the flower buds of Magnolia fargesii using chromatographic separation methods...
- Honokiol inhibits non-small cell lung cancer cell migration by targeting PGE₂-mediated activation of β-catenin signalingTripti Singh
Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e60749. 2013..We have examined the effect of honokiol, a bioactive constituent from the Magnolia plant, on human non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cell migration and the molecular mechanisms underlying this ..
- Insecticidal activity of raw ethanolic extracts from Magnolia dealbata Zucc on a tephritid pestNorma Flores-Estévez
Inbioteca, Universidad Veracruzana, Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico
J Environ Sci Health B 48:582-6. 2013Ethanolic extracts from Magnolia dealbata (Zucc...
- Honokiol Eliminates Human Oral Cancer Stem-Like Cells Accompanied with Suppression of Wnt/ β -Catenin Signaling and Apoptosis InductionChih Jung Yao
Cancer Center, Wan Fang Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 11696, Taiwan Center of Excellence for Cancer Research, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 11031, Taiwan
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:146136. 2013Honokiol, an active compound of Magnolia officinalis, exerted many anticancer effects on various types of cancer cells...
- [Study on determination of anthraquinones in dachengqi tang residues of Magnolia officinalis and Citrus aurantium removed in decoction process]Yue Sheng Wang
National Pharmaceutical Engineering Center for Solid Preparation in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanchang 330006, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 38:694-7. 2013The traditional decoction method of Dachengqi Tang is that "First boiling Magnolia officinalis and Citrus aurantium with a pipeful of water, taking out five litres from the decoction, removing residues, adding rheum officinale, boiling ..
- Honokiol suppresses TNF-α-induced migration and matrix metalloproteinase expression by blocking NF-κB activation via the ERK signaling pathway in rat aortic smooth muscle cellsXiaoying Zhu
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110001, People s Republic of China Department of Cardiology, The General Hospital of Benxi Iron and Steel Co Ltd, The Fifth Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Benxi, Liaoning 117000, People s Republic of China
Acta Histochem 116:588-95. 2014Honokiol, a small-molecule polyphenol derived and isolated from the Chinese medicinal herb Magnolia officinalis, has been shown to possess a wide range of pharmacological activities...
- Effects of magnoline on P-selectin's expression in diabetic rats and its reno-protectionYang Zhou
Department of Nephrology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, No 23 Youzheng Street, Nangang District, Harbin 150001, China
Kidney Blood Press Res 37:211-20. 2013Magnoline is an active ingredient of magnolia fargesii with anti-inflammatory and anti-platelet effects. The objective is to explore the renoprotection of magnoline in diabetic rats and its effects on P-selectin.
- Effect of honokiol on activity of GAD(65) and GAD(67) in the cortex and hippocampus of miceTien Hsiung Ku
Department of Anesthesiology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua County 500, Taiwan
Phytomedicine 18:1126-9. 2011Honokiol, an active agent extracted from magnolia bark, has been reported that induces anxiolytic action in a mouse elevated plus-maze test. However, the mechanism of anxiolytic action induced by honokiol remains unclear...
- MAGNOLIA: multiple alignment of protein-coding and structural RNA sequencesArnaud Fontaine
LIFL UMR CNRS 8022 Université Lille 1 INRIA Lille Nord Europe
Nucleic Acids Res 36:W14-8. 2008b>MAGNOLIA is a new software for multiple alignment of nucleic acid sequences, which are recognized to be hard to align...
- [Research on DNA molecular marker of Magnolia officinalis Rehd. et Wils.--RAPD study on certified species]B L Guo
Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100029, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 36:386-9. 2001To discuss the intraspecific relationship in Magnolia officinalis and the genuineness of Cortex Magnoliae officinalis, and to find some DNA characters of certified "Houpo".
- Magnolia ovovata extract and its active component magnolol prevent skin photoaging via inhibition of nuclear factor kappaBKiyotaka Tanaka
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi 467 8601, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 565:212-9. 2007..In this study, we found that Magnolia ovovata extract inhibited NF-kappaB-mediated gene expression and demonstrated that external swabbing with ..
- Screening and isolation of a nematicidal sesquiterpene from Magnolia grandiflora LLinjun Hong
Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bioresources, Yunnan University, Kunming 650091, PR China
Pest Manag Sci 63:301-5. 2007..Goodey. The leaf extract of Magnolia grandiflora L...
- Effects of three purgative decoctions on inflammatory mediatorsSung Hui Tseng
School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, 250 Wu Hsing Street, Taipei 110, Taiwan, ROC
J Ethnopharmacol 105:118-24. 2006..Constituents in each formulation are Rheum palmatum L. (Polygonaceae), Magnolia officinalis Rehd. et Wils. (Magnoliaceae), Citrus aurantium L...
- Honokiol, a multifunctional antiangiogenic and antitumor agentLevi E Fried
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta VA Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 11:1139-48. 2009Honokiol is a small-molecule polyphenol isolated from the genus Magnolia. It is accompanied by other related polyphenols, including magnolol, with which it shares certain biologic properties...
- Magnolol suppresses proliferation of cultured human colon and liver cancer cells by inhibiting DNA synthesis and activating apoptosisShyr Yi Lin
Department of Physiology, Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 110, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 84:532-44. 2002Magnolol, a hydroxylated biphenyl compound isolated from the Chinese herb Hou p'u of Magnolia officinalis, has been reported to have anti-cancer activity...
- Compressed mints and chewing gum containing magnolia bark extract are effective against bacteria responsible for oral malodorMichael Greenberg
Wm Wrigley Jr Company, 1132 West Blackhawk Street, Chicago, Illinois 60622, USA
J Agric Food Chem 55:9465-9. 2007..In this study, magnolia bark extract (MBE) and its two main components, magnolol and honokiol, were evaluated by the minimum inhibition ..
- PROJECT INFORM - INFORMATION FOR RURAL MEDICINE PHASE 2MARY PUNG; Fiscal Year: 2001..This network links the offices of the Magnolia Coastlands Area Health Education Center (AHEC), Henderson Library of Georgia Southern University (GSU), the ..
- Project INFORMMARY PUNG; Fiscal Year: 2002..establishment of an electronic health care information and education network which will link the offices of the Magnolia Coastlands Area Health Education Center (AHEC), Henderson Library of Georgia Southern University (GSU), Memorial ..
- Anti-inflammatory actions of the natural plant product, HonokiolGAIL BISHOP; Fiscal Year: 2009Honokiol (HNK) is a natural extract of the leaves and root stems of the Magnolia plant that has long been used in traditional Asian medicine to treat thrombotic and gastrointestinal disorders...