Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- Native and introduced host plants of Anastrepha fraterculus and Ceratitis capitata (Diptera: Tephritidae) in northwestern ArgentinaSergio Ovruski
Instituto Superior de Entomología FCNeIML UNT, CONICET, Fundación Miguel Lillo CIRPON, Miguel Lillo 251, T4000JFE San Miguel de Tucumán, Tucuman, Argentina
J Econ Entomol 96:1108-18. 2003..We determined the following 17 host plant associations: Annona cherimola Miller (Annonaceae), Citrus paradisi Macfadyn (Rutaceae), Diospyros kaki L. (Ebenaceae), Eugenia uniflora L., Psidium guajava L...
- [Neurological syndromes linked with the intake of plants and fungi containing a toxic component (I). Neurotoxic syndromes caused by the ingestion of plants, seeds and fruits]F J Carod-Artal
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Sarah, Brasilia DF, Brasil
Rev Neurol 36:860-71. 2003..A wide range of plants, seeds and fruits used for nutritional and medicinal purposes can give rise to neurotoxic symptoms...
- Cytotoxic activity of Brazilian Cerrado plants used in traditional medicine against cancer cell linesMariana Laundry de Mesquita
Laboratorio de Farmacognosia, Universidade de Brasilia, Brasilia, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 123:439-45. 2009..The search for new anti-cancer drugs is one of the most prominent research areas of natural products. Numerous active compounds isolated from Brazilian Cerrado plant species have been studied with promising results...
- Galls and gall makers in plants from the Pé-de-Gigante Cerrado Reserve, Santa Rita do Passa Quatro, SP, BrazilM V Urso-Guimarães
UFSCar, CEP 18085 850, Sorocaba, SP, Brazil
Braz J Biol 66:357-69. 2006..The host plant species belong to the closely related families Anacardiaceae, Annonaceae, Asteraceae, Bignoniaceae, Caryocaraceae, Erythroxylaceae, Fabaceae, Malpighiaceae, Melastomataceae, Myrtaceae, ..
- Germination ecophysiology of Annona crassiflora seedsEdvaldo A A da Silva
Departamento de Ciências Florestais, Universidade Federal de Lavras, CP 3037, CEP 37200 000, Lavras, MG, Brazil
Ann Bot 99:823-30. 2007Little is known about environmental factors that break morphophysiological dormancy in seeds of the Annonaceae and the mechanisms involved...
- In vitro antimicrobial activity of extracts and compounds of some selected medicinal plants from CameroonEmmanuel Jean Teinkela Mbosso
Laboratoire de Substances Naturelles et Synthèse Organique, Département de Chimie Organique, Faculte des Sciences, Universite de Yaounde I, BP 812 Yaounde, Cameroon
J Ethnopharmacol 128:476-81. 2010..Asteraceae), Monodora myristica Dunal (Annonaceae), Albizia gummifera (J.F. Gmel) C.A...
- Analgesic activity of some Indian medicinal plantsP Malairajan
S R M College of Pharmacy, Kattankulathur 603203, Kancheepuram District, Tamilnadu, India
J Ethnopharmacol 106:425-8. 2006..leaves) (Nyctaginaceae), Ficus glomerata (bark, leaves) (Moraceae) and Polyalthia longifolia (leaves) (Annonaceae)...
- Bioactive properties of plant species ingested by chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes schweinfurthii) in the Kibale National Park, UgandaSabrina Krief
ICSN, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, France
Am J Primatol 68:51-71. 2006..plant parts occasionally ingested by chimpanzees (Diospyros abyssinica (Ebenaceae) bark, Uvariopsis congensis (Annonaceae) leaves, and Trichilia rubescens (Meliaceae) leaves) showed highly significant medicinal properties...
- A rapid diversification of rainforest trees (Guatteria; Annonaceae) following dispersal from Central into South AmericaRoy H J Erkens
Institute of Environmental Biology, Section Plant Ecology and Biodiversity, Nationaal Herbarium Nederland, Utrecht University Branch, CA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Phylogenet Evol 44:399-411. 2007..Guatteria (Annonaceae) is, with 265 species, the third largest genus of Neotropical trees after Inga (Fabaceae) and Ocotea (Lauraceae),..
- Effects of plant lactones on the production of biofilm of Pseudomonas aeruginosaElena Cartagena
Instituto de Quimica Organica, Quimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de Tucuman, Tucuman, Argentina
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:22-5. 2007..as well as seven annonaceous acetogenins isolated from the seeds of the tropical tree Annona cherimolia (Family Annonaceae), were evaluated for their ability to inhibit or stimulate the production of biofilm by a strain of Pseudomonas ..
- Toxicity of Annonaceae for dopaminergic neurons: potential role in atypical parkinsonism in GuadeloupeAnnie Lannuzel
Service de Neurologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire des Antilles et de la Guyane, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, France
Mov Disord 17:84-90. 2002..It is therefore conceivable that repeated consumption could cause the neuronal dysfunction and degeneration underlying the West Indian parkinsonian syndrome...
- Antimalarial activity of some Colombian medicinal plantsG Garavito
Departamento de Farmacia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Carrera 30 45 02, Bogota D C, Colombia
J Ethnopharmacol 107:460-2. 2006..DC. (Piperaceae) aerial part and Xylopia aromatica (Lam.) Mart. (Annonaceae) bark with IC(50) values ranging from <1 to 2...
- The olfactory component of floral display in Asimina and Deeringothamnus (Annonaceae)Katherine R Goodrich
University of South Carolina, Coker Life Science Building, 700 Sumter St, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
New Phytol 183:457-69. 2009..In this article, we investigate floral scent in two extra-tropical genera of Annonaceae. We discuss floral scent in the context of differing pollination strategies in these genera, and compare their ..
- Bioactive endophytic streptomycetes from the Malay PeninsulaNoraziah M Zin
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
FEMS Microbiol Lett 274:83-8. 2007..family -Annonaceae), and Mapania sp. (family -Cyperaceae)...
- MPP+ analogs acting on mitochondria and inducing neuro-degenerationY Kotake
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Curr Med Chem 10:2507-16. 2003..These diseases seem to be associated with ingestion of tropical herbal teas or tropical fruits of the Annonaceae family, which contain complex I inhibitors such as benzylisoquinoline derivatives and acetogenins...
- The evolution of floral biology in basal angiospermsPeter K Endress
Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Zurich, Zollikerstrasse 107, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 365:411-21. 2010..of specialization up to large beetles and special flies in some large-flowered Nymphaeaceae, Magnoliaceae, Annonaceae and Aristolochiaceae...
- The progamic phase of an early-divergent angiosperm, Annona cherimola (Annonaceae)J Lora
Department of Subtropical Pomology, Estacion Experimental La Mayora CSIC, 29760 Algarrobo Costa, Malaga, Spain
Ann Bot 105:221-31. 2010..phase, from pollination to fertilization, is characterized in Annona cherimola, which is a member of the Annonaceae, the largest extant family among early-divergent angiosperms...
- [Biology of Tetranychus mexicanus (McGregor) (Acari: Tetranychidae) on three species of Annonaceae]Josilene M de Sousa
Depto de Agronomia, Univ Federal Rural de Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brazil, 52171 900
Neotrop Entomol 39:319-23. 2010..Although this mite apparently causes economic damage to Annonaceae, little is known about its biology. Here we studied the biology of T...
- Antifilarial activity in vitro of polycarpol and 3-O-acetyl aleuritolic acid from cameroonian medicinal plants against Onchocerca gutturosaB Nyasse
Department of Organic Chemistry, Laboratory of Bio Organic and Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Yaounde I, Box 812 Yaounde, Cameroon
Nat Prod Res 20:391-7. 2006..worms, we have isolated and screened three compounds: polycarpol and polyveoline from Polyalthia suaveolens (Annonaceae) and 3-O-acetyl aleuritolic acid from Discoglypremna caloneura (Euphorbiaceae)...
- Does a polyphagous caterpillar have the same gut microbiota when feeding on different species of food plants?Ana Sittenfeld
Centro de Investigación en Biología Celular y Molecular CIBCM, Universidad de Costa Rica, Ciudad Universitaria Rodrigo Facio, San Jose, Costa Rica
Rev Biol Trop 50:547-60. 2002..Fifty-five third instar wild-caught sibs feeding on Annona purpurea (Annonaceae) in the Area de Conservación Guanacaste (ACG) in northwestern Costa Rica were divided into eight groups...
- Antiprotozoal and cytotoxic activities in vitro of Colombian AnnonaceaeEdison Osorio
Grupo de Investigación en Sustancias Bioactivas GISB, Facultad de Química Farmacéutica, Corporación de Patologías Tropicales, Universidad de Antioquia, A A 1226, Medellin, Colombia
J Ethnopharmacol 111:630-5. 2007Ethnobotanical and chemotaxonomical studies for antiparasitic activity of Colombian Annonaceae were carried out...
- Detection and determination of reticuline and N-methylcoculaurine in the Annonaceae family using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryYaichiro Kotake
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 806:75-8. 2004..supranuclear palsy, and all of the investigated patients had taken herbal tea or tropical fruits of the Annonaceae family. Local inhabitants consume the fruits, and also drink tea made from the leaves...
- In vitro screening for antiplasmodial activity of isoquinoline alkaloids from Brazilian plant speciesDominique Corinne Hermine Fischer
Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes 580, Bloco15, 05580 900, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Acta Trop 92:261-6. 2004In the search for new antimalarial agents, nine Brazilian plant species were selected, from the Annonaceae (6), Menispermaceae (2) and Siparunaceae (1) families naturally occurring at the cerrado and Atlantic rainforest regions, in order ..
- The in-vivo antimalarial activities of Uvaria chamae and Hippocratea africanaJ E Okokon
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 100:585-90. 2006..root extracts of two plants used traditionally as malarial remedies in southern Nigeria, Uvaria chamae (Annonaceae) and Hippocratea africana (Hippocrateaceae), were studied in vivo, in mice infected with Plasmodium berghei ..
- Susceptibility of complete bacteria and spheroplasts of Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Salmonella typhi to rolliniastatin-2L M Luna-Cazares
Laboratorio de Fisiologia y Quimica Vegetal, Escuela de Biologia, Universidad de Ciencias y Artes de Chiapas, Chiapas, Mexico
Nat Prod Res 24:1139-45. 2010..bacteria has not yet been analysed and was isolated by CC from the hexanic extract of Annona diversifolia Saff (Annonaceae) seeds...
- Molecular phylogenetics reveal multiple tertiary vicariance origins of the African rain forest treesThomas L P Couvreur
Nationaal Herbarium Nederland, Wageningen branch, Biosystematics Group, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
BMC Biol 6:54. 2008..the evolutionary history of endemic taxa within a rain forest restricted African lineage of the plant family Annonaceae was studied...
- Bioactive azafluorenone alkaloids from Polyalthia debilis (Pierre) Finet & GagnepSupaluk Prachayasittikul
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Molecules 14:4414-24. 2009This study investigated bioactive extracts of Polyalthia debilis (Annonaceae) with antimicrobial, antimalarial and cytotoxic activities...
- Floral scent compounds of Amazonian Annonaceae species pollinated by small beetles and thripsA Jurgens
Lehrstuhl für Pflanzensystematik, Universitat Bayreuth, Germany
Phytochemistry 55:551-8. 2000Chemical analysis (GC-MS) yielded a total of 58 volatile compounds in the floral scents of six species of Annonaceae distributed in four genera (Xylopia, Anaxagorea, Duguetia, and Rollinia), Xylopia aromatica is pollinated principally by ..
- Evolution of syncarpy and other morphological characters in African Annonaceae: a posterior mapping approachT L P Couvreur
National Herbarium of the Netherlands Wageningen branch, Biosystematics Group, Wageningen UR, Generaal Foulkesweg 37, 6703 BL Wageningen, The Netherlands
Mol Phylogenet Evol 47:302-18. 2008..fusion of a moderate number of carpels. The magnoliid family Annonaceae provides an ideal situation to test these hypotheses as two African genera, Isolona and Monodora, are syncarpous ..
- Bioactive styryllactones and alkaloid from flowers of Goniothalamus laoticusRatsami Lekphrom
Natural Products Research Unit, Department of Chemistry and Center of Excellence for Innovation in Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
J Ethnopharmacol 125:47-50. 2009Goniothalamus laoticus (Annonaceae) is being used traditionally as a tonic and a febrifuge by the local people in the northeastern part of Thailand.
- Supercritical fluid CO2 extraction and simultaneous determination of eight annonaceous acetogenins in Annona genus plant seeds by HPLC-DAD methodHaijun Yang
Department of Pharmacy, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210046, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 49:140-4. 2009Annonaceous acetogenins (ACGs) isolated from Annonaceae plants exhibited a broad range of biological bioactivities such as cytotoxic, antitumoral, antiparasitic, pesticidal and immunosuppresive activities...
- Branch architecture, light interception and crown development in saplings of a plagiotropically branching tropical tree, Polyalthia jenkinsii (Annonaceae)Noriyuki Osada
Laboratory of Forest Ecology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Ann Bot 91:55-63. 2003..f. & Thoms. (Annonaceae) in a Malaysian rain forest...
- In vitro and in vivo antiproliferative activity of laherradurin and cherimolin-2 of Annona diversifolia SaffMaría Adelina Schlie-Guzmán
Escuela de Biologia, Universidad de Ciencias y Artes de Chiapas Libramiento Norte Poniente s n, C P 29039, Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas, Mexico
Phytother Res 23:1128-33. 2009Acetogenins from Annonaceae (ACG) are potent inhibitors of the mitochondrial complex I, they present cytotoxic activity on neoplasic lines, including those with multiresistance to drugs...
- Perfume-collecting male euglossine bees as pollinators of a basal angiosperm: the case of Unonopsis stipitata (Annonaceae)H Teichert
Institute of Systematic Botany and Ecology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 11:29-37. 2009Pollination of Unonopsis stipitata (Annonaceae) by males of two perfume-collecting bees, Euglossa imperialis and Eulaema bombiformis (Euglossini) is described...
- Antibacterial activity of eight Brazilian annonaceae plantsJacqueline A Takahashi
Departamento de Química ICEx Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, CEP 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Nat Prod Res 20:21-6. 2006Sixteen extracts, obtained from eight Brazilian plants of Annonaceae family, were screened for their antibacterial activity: Xylopia frutescens, X. aromatica, X. amazonica, X. benthamii, Annona ambotay, A. crassiflora, A. muricata and A...
- [Studies on chemical constituents of Uvaria macrophylia]Hai ling Zhang
Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 37:124-7. 2002To study the chemical constituents from Uvaria macrophylla Roxb. (Annonaceae).
- Hydroxyespintanol and schefflerichalcone: two new compounds from Uvaria scheffleriMomoyo Ichimaru
Department of Natural Medicinal Chemistry, Kobe Pharmaceutical University, 4 19 1 Motoyamakita machi, Higashinada ku, Kobe, Japan
J Nat Med 64:75-9. 2010..investigation of the petroleum ether extract and chloroform extract of the root of Uvaria scheffleri Diels (Annonaceae) led to the isolation of two new compounds, named hydroxyespintanol (1) and schefflerichalcone (2), together ..
- Isolation of modulators of the liver-specific organic anion-transporting polypeptides (OATPs) 1B1 and 1B3 from Rollinia emarginata Schlecht (Annonaceae)Megan Roth
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 339:624-32. 2011..isolation approach to identify such compounds from the organic extract of Rollinia emarginata Schlecht (Annonaceae)...
- Novel derivatives of ent-17,19-dihydroxy-16betaH-kaurane obtained by biotransformation with Verticillium lecaniiHenriete S Vieira
Departamento de Quimica, ICEx, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Avenida Antonio Carlos 6627, Pampulha 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
J Agric Food Chem 50:3704-7. 2002..hydroboration/oxidation of kaurenoic acid, a natural product easily isolated from plants of the genera Xylopia (Annonaceae) and Wedelia (Asteraceae)...
- Biogenetic relationships between Annonaceous acetogenins: squamocin is not a precursor of chamuvarinin based on a semisynthetic studySéverine Derbré
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie Associé au CNRS BioCIS, UMR 8076, Universite Paris Sud 11, Faculte de Pharmacie, 5 Rue Jean Baptiste Clement, 92296 Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
J Nat Prod 70:300-3. 2007In the course of reactivity studies on squamocin (1), a highly cytotoxic acetogenin from the plant family Annonaceae, two diastereomers, 3 and 4, of chamuvarinin (2) were synthesized...
- Ancient paralogy in the cpDNA trnL-F region in Annonaceae: implications for plant molecular systematicsMichael D Pirie
Nationaal Herbarium Nederland, Universiteit Utrecht branch, Heidelberglaan 2, 3584 CS Utrecht, Netherlands and Nationaal Herbarium Nederland, Wageningen Universiteit Branch, Generaal Foulkesweg 37, 6703 BL Wageningen, Netherlands
Am J Bot 94:1003-16. 2007..show that trnL-F sequences display a phylogenetic signal conflicting with that of other chloroplast markers in Annonaceae, and we demonstrate that this conflict results from ancient paralogy...
- Antimicrobial and pesticidal activity of partially purified flavonoids of Annona squamosaHemlata M Kotkar
School of Life Sciences, North Maharashtra University, PB No 80, Jalgaon, India
Pest Manag Sci 58:33-7. 2002Foliar extracts of Annona squamosa (Family: Annonaceae) were screened for antimicrobial and insecticidal activity against the common microbial infestants of pulses and the stored grain pest pulse beetle, Callosobruchus chinensis (..
- Antitumor and antioxidant activity of Polyalthia longifolia stem bark ethanol extractSanthepete N Manjula
Department of Pharmacology, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal, India
Pharm Biol 48:690-6. 2010In the present study, the ethanol extract of stem bark of Polyalthia longifolia Benth. and Hook (Annonaceae) was screened for its in vitro and in vivo antitumor activity. In vitro cytotoxicity of P...
- A convergent total synthesis of (-)-mucocin: an acetogenin from AnnonaceaeS Hoppen
Chemistry 6:2382-96. 2000..The new modular synthetic approach developed herein should be useful for the synthesis of other related natural products as well as pharmacologically interesting analogues...
- Tryptamine-derived alkaloids from Annonaceae exerting neurotrophin-like properties on primary dopaminergic neuronsFanny Schmidt
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie, UMR 8076 BioCIS, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Paris Sud 11, 5 rue J B Clément 92296 Châtenay Malabry Cedex, France
Bioorg Med Chem 18:5103-13. 2010..This study provides the first description of natural neurotrophin mimetics present in Annonaceae extracts, and led to the biological characterization of compounds, which present a potential interest in ..
- Insights into the influence of priors in posterior mapping of discrete morphological characters: a case study in AnnonaceaeThomas L P Couvreur
The New York Botanical Garden, New York City, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10473. 2010..As for all Bayesian analyses specification of prior values is an integrative and important part of the analysis. He we provide an example of how alternative prior choices can seriously influence results and mislead interpretations...
- Total synthesis of (-)-cleistenolideBernd Schmidt
Institut fuer Chemie, Organische Synthesechemie, Universitaet Potsdam, Karl Liebknecht Strasse 24 25, D 14476 Golm, Germany
J Org Chem 75:2389-94. 2010The first total synthesis of Cleistenolide, a novel natural product recently isolated from the Annonaceae species Cleistochlamys kirkii Oliver, is described...
- Reassessing morphological homologies in the early-divergent angiosperm Fenerivia (annonaceae) based on floral vascular anatomy: significance for interpreting putative homeotic mutationsBine Xue
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 8:e81923. 2013Fenerivia species (Annonaceae) are characterized by a prominent flange immediately below the perianth, which has been interpreted as synapomorphic for the genus...
- Volatile oil from striped African pepper (Xylopia parviflora, Annonaceae) possesses notable chemopreventive, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial potentialVerlaine Woguem
Laboratory of Environmental and Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Dschang, P O Box 183, Dschang, Cameroon Laboratory of Biochemistry of Medicinal Plants, Food Science and Nutrition, Faculty of Science, University of Dschang, P O BOX 67, Dschang, Cameroon
Food Chem 149:183-9. 2014..7 macrophages treated with the oil, revealing a promising anti-inflammatory potential. The essential oil showed a measurable antimicrobial activity against all the species tested, while the radical scavenging activity was low. ..
- Inhibition of key enzymes linked to type 2 diabetes and sodium nitroprusside-induced lipid peroxidation in rat pancreas by water extractable phytochemicals from some tropical spicesStephen Adeniyi Adefegha
Department of Biochemistry, School of Sciences, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria
Pharm Biol 50:857-65. 2012....
- Acetogenins in Annona muricata L. (annonaceae) leaves are potent molluscicidesJ De S Luna
Departamento de Quimica Fundamental, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, 50 740 901 Recife PE, Brazil
Nat Prod Res 20:253-7. 2006..49 microg mL(-1)). Activity-guided fractionation of the extract gave rise to a sample with high molluscicidal activity that contained the acetogenins, annonacin (90%), isoannonacin (6%) and goniothalamicin (4%)...
- HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Ten Annonaceous Acetogenins after Supercritical Fluid CO2 ExtractionHaijun Yang
Department of Pharmacy, College of Jiangsu Jiankang Profession, Nanjing, P R China
Int J Biomed Sci 6:202-7. 2010Annonaceous acetogenins (ACGs) isolated from Annonaceae plants exhibited a broad range of biological bioactivities such as cytotoxic, antitumoral, antiparasitic, pesticidal and immunosuppresive activities...
- Chemical composition and anti-Trypanosoma cruzi activity of essential oils obtained from leaves of Xylopia frutescens and X. laevigata (Annonaceae)Thanany Brasil da Silva
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Sergipe, Sao Cristovao, Sergipe 49100 000, Brazil
Nat Prod Commun 8:403-6. 2013..cruzi, respectively, and were also able to reduce the percentage in vitro of T. cruzi-infected macrophages and the intracellular number of amastigotes at concentrations that were non-cytotoxic to macrophages...
- Aqueous ethanol extract of the fruit of Xylopia aethiopica (Annonaceae) exhibits anti-anaphylactic and anti-inflammatory actions in miceDavid D Obiri
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana
J Ethnopharmacol 148:940-5. 2013..Aim of the study is to evaluate the anti-anaphylactic and anti-inflammatory effects of a 70% aqueous ethanol extract of the fruits of Xylopia aethiopica...
- Ethnobotanical study of some Ghanaian anti-malarial plantsAlex Asase
Department of Botany, University of Ghana, P O Box LG 55 Legon, Ghana
J Ethnopharmacol 99:273-9. 2005..b>Annonaceae), Ozoroa insignis (Anacardiaceae), Strychnos innocua (Loganiaceae), Strychnos spinosa (Loganiaceae) and ..
- Annonacin, a lipophilic inhibitor of mitochondrial complex I, induces nigral and striatal neurodegeneration in rats: possible relevance for atypical parkinsonism in GuadeloupePierre Champy
Experimental Neurology and Therapeutics, INSERM U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurochem 88:63-9. 2004..Guadeloupe, epidemiological data have linked atypical parkinsonism with fruit and herbal teas from plants of the Annonaceae family, particularly Annona muricata...
- In vitro antileishmanial activity of acetogenins from AnnonaceaeS Raynaud-Le Grandic
Laboratoire de Phytotechnologie, EA 2085, Faculte de Pharmacie, Université Picardie Jules Verne, 80037 Amiens, France
Biomed Pharmacother 58:388-92. 2004Twelve acetogenins from Annonaceae were evaluated in vitro for their antileishmanial activities in order to search for new lead-compounds having antileishmanial properties...
- Atypical parkinsonism and Annonaceae consumption in New CaledoniaGilles Angibaud
Mov Disord 19:603-4. 2004
- Semisynthesis and screening of a small library of pro-apoptotic squamocin analogues: selection and study of a benzoquinone hybrid with an improved biological profileSéverine Derbré
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie Associé au CNRS BioCIS, UMR 8076, Universite Paris Sud 11, Centre d Etudes Pharmaceutiques, 5 Rue Jean Baptiste Clement, 92296 Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
ChemMedChem 1:118-29. 2006Acetogenins of Annonaceae, including squamocin (1), exert spectacular cytotoxicity and the most potent inhibition of NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductase known so far...
- Antidiabetic activity of aqueous leaf extract of Annona squamosa in streptozotocin-nicotinamide type 2 diabetic ratsAnnie Shirwaikar
Department of Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal 576119, India
J Ethnopharmacol 91:171-5. 2004..b>Annonaceae) has antidiabetic properties was investigated...
- Chemopreventive potential of Annona muricata L leaves on chemically-induced skin papillomagenesis in miceSulaiman Hamizah
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:2533-9. 2012Annona muricata L (Annonaceae), commonly known as soursop has a long, rich history in herbal medicine with a lengthy recorded indigenous use. It had also been found to be a promising new anti-tumor agent in numerous in vitro studies...
- Antigenotoxic and anticytotoxic activity of Duguetia furfuracea in bacteria and miceC R Silva
Laboratório de Radiobiologia e Mutagênese, Departamento de Biologia Geral, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 12:3718-25. 2013..Benth & Hook f. (1862), popularly known as "sofre-do-rim-quem-quer" and "araticum-seco", is a shrub of the Annonaceae family that grows in several regions of Brazil...
- An eudesmane glycoside from Fissistigma pallensT T Thuy
Institute of Chemistry, Vietnamese Academy of Science and Technology, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam
Pharmazie 61:570-1. 2006From Fissistigma pallens (Fin. & Gagn.) Merr. (Annonaceae), a Vietnamese folk medicinal plant, a novel eudesmane glycoside named fissispallin (1) has been isolated, besides afzelin...
- Purification and characterization of a lectin from Annona coriacea seedsMirela B Coelho
Departmento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brazil
Protein Pept Lett 10:165-73. 2003A novel lectin, denominated ACLEC, was isolated from Annona coriacea seeds, belonging to the Annonaceae family. The lectin presented one protein band in SDS-PAGE of 14 kDa...
- Chemical mimicry of insect oviposition sites: a global analysis of convergence in angiospermsAndreas Jürgens
School of Life Sciences, University of KwaZulu Natal, P Bag X01 Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg, 3209, South Africa
Ecol Lett 16:1157-67. 2013..blends very similar to those emitted by carrion has evolved independently in at least five plant families (Annonaceae, Apocynaceae, Araceae, Orchidaceae and Rafflesiaceae) and characterises plants associated mainly with ..
- Annona montana fruit and leaves improve the glycemic and lipid profiles of Wistar ratsSandra Maria Barbalho
Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Marilia, Marilia, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Med Food 15:917-22. 2012Species of the family Annonaceae has been used traditionally as a medicinal plant in tropical regions of South and North America and in Africa...
- Pollen performance, cell number, and physiological state in the early-divergent angiosperm Annona cherimola Mill. (Annonaceae) are related to environmental conditions during the final stages of pollen developmentJ Lora
Department of Subtropical Pomology, Instituto de Hortofruticultura Subtropical y Mediterránea La Mayora, IHSM la Mayora CSIC UMA, 29750, Algarrobo Costa, Malaga, Spain
Sex Plant Reprod 25:157-67. 2012....
- The leaf essential oils of five Vietnamese Desmos species (Annonaceae)Do Ngoc Dai
Institute Ecology and Biological Resources, Viet Nam Academy of Science and Technology, Vietnam
Nat Prod Commun 7:231-4. 2012..cochinchinensis, D. penducolosus var. tonkinensis, D. chinensis and D. Dumosus) and oil with high amounts of beta-elemene, beta-caryophyllene and germacrene D (D. penduculosus)...
- Attraction of pollinators to atemoya (Magnoliales: Annonaceae) in Puerto Rico: a synergistic approach using multiple nitidulid luresDavid A Jenkins
U S Department of Agriculture Agriculture Research Services Tropical Agriculture Research Station, 2200 Ave P A Campos, Ste 201, Mayaguez, PR 00680
J Econ Entomol 106:305-10. 2013Atemoya, a hybrid between Annona squamosa (L.) and A. cherimola Miller (Annonaceae), has potential to be a major fruit crop in tropical and subtropical areas...
- Antitumour properties of the leaf essential oil of Xylopia frutescens Aubl. (Annonaceae)Rosana P C Ferraz
Department of Physiology, Federal University of Sergipe, Sao Cristovao, Sergipe, Brazil
Food Chem 141:196-200. 2013..In the in vivo antitumour study, tumour growth inhibition rates were 31.0-37.5%. In summary, the essential oil was dominated by sesquiterpene constituents and has some interesting anticancer activity...
- Influence of seasonal variation on the phenology and liriodenine content of Annona lutescens (Annonaceae)Marisol Castro-Moreno
Laboratorio de Fisiologia y Quimica Vegetal, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad de Ciencias y Artes de Chiapas, Libramiento Norte Poniente 1150 Colonia, Lajas Maciel C P 29039, Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas, Mexico
J Plant Res 126:529-37. 2013Annona lutescens Saff. (Annonaceae) grows as a native tree in Chiapas, Mexico in Tropical Dry Forest habitat. Like most Annonaceae, it biosynthesizes benzylisoquinoline alkaloids, mostly liriodenine...
- Efficacy of Annona squamosa on wound healing in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsThangavel Ponrasu
Department of Biochemistry, Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai 600020, Tamilnadu, India
Int Wound J 9:613-23. 2012Annona squamosa L. (Annonaceae), commonly known as custard apple, mainly used for its edible fruit, is also recognised with numerous medicinal properties...
- Rust fungi on Annonaceae II: the genus Dasyspora Berk. & M.A. CurtisLudwig Beenken
ETH Zurich, Institute of Integrative Biology, Zurich, Switzerland
Mycologia 104:659-81. 2012..single species but can be split in 11 distinct taxa, each of which appear confined to a single Xylopia species (Annonaceae) host. Herein nine of these are described as new...
- Identification of an annonaceous acetogenin mimetic, AA005, as an AMPK activator and autophagy inducer in colon cancer cellsYong Qiang Liu
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis and Targeted Therapy for Cancer, State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e47049. 2012..acetogenins, a large family of naturally occurring polyketides isolated from various species of the plant genus Annonaceae, have been found to exhibit significant cytotoxicity against a variety of cancer cells...
- Chemical constituents and cytotoxic evaluation of essential oils from leaves of Porcelia macrocarpa (Annonaceae)Erica Biolcati P da Silva
Instituto de Ciências Ambientais, Químicas e Farmacêuticas, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, 09972 270 Diadema, SP, Brazil
Nat Prod Commun 8:277-9. 2013..E. Fries (Annonaceae). The crude oils, obtained by hydrodistillation procedures, were chemically analyzed by GC/MS...
- Possible mechanisms of action of the hypotensive effect of Annona muricata (soursop) in normotensive Sprague-Dawley ratsChukwuemeka R Nwokocha
Department of Basic Medical Sciences Physiology Section, The University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica
Pharm Biol 50:1436-41. 2012Annona muricata Linn (Annonaceae) (soursop) is a food plant reported to have antihypertensive properties.
- Paeciloside A, a new antimicrobial and cytotoxic polyketide from Paecilomyces sp. strain CAFT156Ferdinand Mouafo Talontsi
Institute of Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, Georg August University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Planta Med 78:1020-3. 2012..CAFT156, an endophytic fungus occurring in Enantia chlorantha Oliv (Annonaceae) leaves...
- Acute oral toxicity of Polyalthia longifolia var. pendula leaf extract in Wistar albino ratsSumitra Chanda
Phytochemical, Pharmacological and Microbiological Laboratory, Department of Biosciences, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Pharm Biol 50:1408-15. 2012Polyalthia longifolia (Sonn.) Thw. var. pendula (Annonaceae), a tall evergreen tree, is cultivated all over India. The plant is used in traditional systems of medicine for the treatment of fever, skin diseases, and hypertension.
- Aristololactams and aporphines from the stems of Fissistigma oldhamii (Annonaceae)Yue Wei Ge
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Phytochemistry 86:201-7. 2013..one flavone and one anthraquinone were isolated from the ethanol extracts of the stems of Fissistigma oldhamii (Annonaceae). Their structures were elucidated primarily by analysis of NMR, IR, UV, MS and CD data...
- Antimicrobial Effects of a Lipophilic Fraction and Kaurenoic Acid Isolated from the Root Bark Extracts of Annona senegalensisTheophine Chinwuba Okoye
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nigeria, Enugu State, Nsukka 410001, Nigeria
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:831327. 2012Root bark preparation of Annona senegalensis Pers. (Annonaceae) is used in Nigerian ethnomedicine for treatment of infectious diseases. Extraction of the A...
- Recruitment of hornbill-dispersed trees in hunted and logged forests of the Indian Eastern HimalayaPia Sethi
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, 845 W Taylor Street, M C 066, Chicago, IL 60706, USA
Conserv Biol 23:710-8. 2009..arillate fruits, are more dispersal limited than a prolifically fruiting drupaceous tree Polyalthia simiarum (Annonaceae), which has potential dispersers other than hornbills...
- Ecological distribution of homobaric and heterobaric leaves in tree species of Malaysian lowland tropical rainforestTanaka Kenzo
Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute, Tsukuba, 305 8687, Japan
Am J Bot 94:764-75. 2007..Most understory (94%) and subcanopy (83%) species such as Annonaceae had homobaric leaves...
- Antitrypanosomal activity of polycarpol from Piptostigma preussi (Annonaceae)Igor Ngantchou
Laboratory of Bio Organic and Medicinal Chemistry, Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Yaounde I, Box 812 Yaounde, Cameroon
Fitoterapia 80:188-91. 2009Polycarpol, sitosterol and sitosterol-3-O-beta-D-glucoside isolated for the first time from Piptostigma preussi (Annonaceae) occur regularly in some Annonaceae such as Piptostigma genus...
- In vitro prostate cancer cell growth inhibition by Brazilian plant extractsI B Suffredini
Laboratório de Extração, Universidade Paulista, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Pharmazie 61:722-4. 2006..Activity was observed in 17 aqueous or organic extracts belonging to Annonaceae, Apocynaceae, Araceae, Capparaceae, Commelinaceae, Flacourtiaceae, Lecythidaceae, Leguminosae, Passifloraceae, ..
- Anti-inflammatory and cytotoxic diterpenes from formosan Polyalthia longifolia var. pendulaFang Rong Chang
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Planta Med 72:1344-7. 2006..Among these compounds, 5 - 7, 10, and 24 were obtained for the first time from the family Annonaceae . The structures of the isolated compounds were determined by mass and spectroscopic analysis...
- Bioactive constituents from Rollinia emarginata (Annonaceae)Olga Alvarez Colom
Facultad de Bioquimica, Quimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de Tucuman, Ayacucho 471, Tucuman 4000, Argentina
Nat Prod Res 21:254-9. 2007From an Argentine collection of the tropical tree Rollinia emarginata (Annonaceae), vomifoliol, dehydrovomifoliol, blumenol C, loliolide, 7-epiloliolide, vanillin, dihydroactinolide, as well as other common plant constituents were ..
- Anti-tumour clerodane-type diterpenes from Mitrephora thoreliiDa Hai Meng
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 9:679-84. 2007Bioassay-guided fractionation of the crude extract of Mitrephora thorelii (Annonaceae) led to the isolation of two clerodane-type diterpenes...
- The chemistry, pharmacologic, and therapeutic applications of Polyalthia longifoliaK V Katkar
Department of Herbal, Piramal Life Sciences Limited, 1, Nirlon Complex, Off Western Express Highway, Goregaon E, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Pharmacogn Rev 4:62-8. 2010..In our country, more than 2000 medicinal plants are recognized. Polyalthia longifolia cv. pendula (Annonaceae) is native to the drier regions of India and is locally known as "Ashoka" and is commonly cultivated in Pakistan ..
- Ethnopharmacological survey of Annonaceae medicinal plants used to treat malaria in four areas of CameroonNole Tsabang
Institute of Medical Research and Medicinal Plants Studies IMPM, Yaounde, Cameroon
J Ethnopharmacol 139:171-80. 2012..Within this framework, Annonaceae plants were found to be increasingly utilized and therefore, highlighting the need to document this traditional ..
- Genetic diversity of Annona crassiflora (Annonaceae) in northern Minas Gerais StateL G Cota
Laboratório de Bioprospecção e Recursos Genéticos, Departamento de Biologia Geral, Universidade Estadual de Montes Claros, Montes Claros, MG, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 10:2172-80. 2011..089). Nei's genetic identity estimates among populations revealed a hierarchical pattern of genetic similarity of form [(CA1, CA2), MC], [(GM)], corroborating the high genetic differentiation between spatially isolated populations...
- Azaphenanthrene alkaloids with antitumoral activity from Anaxagorea dolichocarpa Sprague & Sandwith (Annonaceae)Ana Silvia Suassuna Carneiro Lúcio
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Federal University of Paraiba, Joao Pessoa, PB, Brazil
Molecules 16:7125-31. 2011..Eupolauramine and sampangine show concentration-dependent antitumoral activity in leukemic cells K562 with IC(50) of 18.97 and 10.95 µg/mL, respectively...
- In vitro breast cancer cell lethality of Brazilian plant extractsI B Suffredini
Laboratório de Extração, Universidade Paulista, Sao Paulo, SP, 01310 100, Brasil
Pharmazie 62:798-800. 2007..All extracts were tested at a dose of 100 microg/mL. Only 11 aqueous or organic extracts belonging to the Annonaceae, Apocynaceae, Araceae, Clusiaceae, Flacourtiaceae, Leguminosae, Olacaceae and Violaceae showed marked lethal ..
- [Analysis of styryllactones from Goniothalamus cheliensis by UPLC-Q-TOF-MS]Miaomiao Jiang
Central Laboratory, Guangdong Pharmaceutical University, Guangzhou 510006, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 36:1322-6. 2011To analyze the styryllactone components in Goniothalamus cheliensis Hu (Annonaceae).
- Floral development and floral phyllotaxis in Anaxagorea (Annonaceae)Peter K Endress
Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Zurich, Zollikerstrasse 107, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Bot 108:835-45. 2011Background and Aims Anaxagorea is the phylogenetically basalmost genus in the large tropical Annonaceae (custard apple family) of Magnoliales, but its floral structure is unknown in many respects...
- Chemical composition and antioxidant, antimicrobial, and larvicidal activities of the essential oils of Annona salzmannii and A. pickelii (Annonaceae)Emmanoel Vilaça Costa
Laboratório de Pesquisa em Química Orgânica de Sergipe LABORGANICS, Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Sergipe, CEP 49100 000, Sao Cristovao, Sergipe, Brazil
Nat Prod Commun 6:907-12. 2011The essential oils from the leaves of Annona salzmannii and A. pickelii (Annonaceae) growing in Sergipe, northeastern region of Brazil, were obtained by hydrodistillation using a Clevenger-type apparatus, and analyzed by GC/MS and GC/FID...
- In vitro sensitivity of Plasmodium falciparum field isolates to extracts from Cameroonian Annonaceae plantsEugenie Aimée Madiesse Kemgne
Laboratory of Phytobiochemistry and Medicinal Plants Study, Faculty of Science, University of Yaounde I, P O Box 812, Yaounde, Cameroon
Parasitol Res 110:109-17. 2012In a search for new plant-derived antimalarial extracts, 19 fractions were obtained from three Annonaceae species, Uvariopsis congolana (leaf, stem), Polyalthia oliveri (stem bark), and Enantia chlorantha (stem, stem bark) with yields ..
- Geographic isolates of atypical Parkinsonism and tauopathy in the tropics: possible synergy of neurotoxinsDominique Caparros-Lefebvre
Centre Hospitalier de Valenciennes, Val d Escaut, Valenciennes, France
Mov Disord 21:1769-71. 2006..The exposure to annonaceae acetogenins and/or rotenone has been documented in four of these places, and experimental studies in animals ..
- Possible relation of atypical parkinsonism in the French West Indies with consumption of tropical plants: a case-control study. Caribbean Parkinsonism Study GroupD Caparros-Lefebvre
Department of Neurology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, des Antilles et de la Guyane, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, French West Indies
Lancet 354:281-6. 1999..disorders in Guadeloupe and to investigate a postulated link with consumption of herbal tea and fruits from the Annonaceae family (Annona muricata and Annona squamosa), which contain neurotoxic benzyltetrahydroisoquinoline alkaloids.
- Bisbenzylisoquinoline alkaloids from Guatteria boliviana (Annonaceae)V Mahiou
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie, Faculte de Pharmacie, Université de la Mediterranee de, Aix Marseille II, France
Phytochemistry 54:709-16. 2000..alkaloids, five new bisbenzylisoquinoline derivatives were isolated from the stem bark of Guatteria boliviana (Annonaceae), puertogalines-A 1 and -B 2, (+)-guatteboline 3, philogaline 4 and (-)-antioquine 5...
- Foliar flavonoids of Annonaceae from Brazil: taxonomic significanceD Y Santos
Institute of Biosciences, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Phytochemistry 55:567-73. 2000Foliar flavonoids of 31 species of the Annonaceae native to Brazil, amounting to 76 compounds, were isolated and identified...
- Phytochemical and antimicrobial properties of constituents of "Ogwu Odenigbo", a popular Nigerian herbal medicine for typhoid feverG C Ebi
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
Phytother Res 15:73-5. 2001..traditional herbal medicine for typhoid fever prepared from the stem bark of Cleistropholis patens Benth, (Annonaceae), was separated into 13 semi-characterized constituents by preparatory TLC...
- Molecular Targets of Novel Antifungal CompoundsAmeeta Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2008..This work will provide a starting point in the development of new antifungal therapies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..