Genomes and Genes
Alias: Cyphomandra, Cyphomandra Mart. ex Sendtn., Solanum L.
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Mycological and electron microscopic study of Solanum chrysotrichum saponin SC-2 antifungal activity on Candida species of medical significanceArmando Herrera-Arellano
Centro de Investigacion Biomedica del Sur, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social IMSS, Xochitepec, Morelos, Mexico
Planta Med 73:1568-73. 2007b>Solanum chrysotrichum is utilized in traditional Mexican medicine for the treatment of mycotic skin infections. Several microbiological studies have provided evidence of its antifungal activity against dermatophytes and yeasts. S...
- Profiles of pyrimidine biosynthesis, salvage and degradation in disks of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) tubersRiko Katahira
Department of Advanced Bioscience, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Ochanomizu University, Tokyo, Japan
Planta 215:821-8. 2002In order to obtain general metabolic profiles of pyrimidine ribo- and deoxyribonucleotides in potato (Solanum tuberosum L...
- Clinical and mycological evaluation of therapeutic effectiveness of Solanum chrysotrichum standardized extract on patients with Pityriasis capitis (dandruff). A double blind and randomized clinical trial controlled with ketoconazoleArmando Herrera-Arellano
Centro de Investigacion Biomedica del Sur, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Argentina 1, Xochitepec, Morelos, México 62790
Planta Med 70:483-8. 2004..It has been demonstrated that the extract obtained from leaves of the plant Solanum chrysotrichum possesses biological activity against dermatophytes and yeast...
- Phytoremediation potentials of selected tropical plants for ethidium bromideRaynato B Uera
Environmental Management Department, Institute of Graduate Studies, Central Luzon State University, Science City of Munoz, Nueva Ecija, Philippines 3120
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 14:505-9. 2007..Phytoremediation requires somewhat limited resources and very useful in treating wide variety of environmental contaminants. This study aimed to assess the potential of selected tropical plants as phytoremediators of EtBr...
- [Chemical composition of essential oils from leaves of Helicteres guazumifolia (Sterculiaceae), Piper tuberculatum (Piperaceae), Scoparia dulcis (Arecaceae) and Solanum subinerme (Solanaceae) from Sucre, Venezuela]Gabriel Ordaz
Departamento de Ciencias, Sección de Química, Núcleo de Monagas, Universidad de Oriente, Maturín 6201, Estado Monagas, Venezuela
Rev Biol Trop 59:585-95. 2011..Leaves from Helicteres guazumifolia, Piper tuberculatum, Scoparia dulcis and Solanum subinerme were collected and their essential oils were obtained by means of hydro-distillation...
- Construction of two BAC libraries from the wild Mexican diploid potato, Solanum pinnatisectum, and the identification of clones near the late blight and Colorado potato beetle resistance lociQ Chen
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Lethbridge Research Centre, PO Box 3000, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4B1, Canada
Theor Appl Genet 108:1002-9. 2004..artificial chromosome (BAC) libraries were constructed from genomic DNA of the Mexican wild diploid species, Solanum pinnatisectum, which carries high levels of resistance to the most important potato pathogen and pest, the late ..
- Host use of Bactrocera latifrons, a new invasive tephritid species in TanzaniaHendry A Mziray
Department of Crop Science and Production, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
J Econ Entomol 103:70-6. 2010..latifrons of which four are new host records: Capsicum annuum L. cov. longum A. DC., Capsicum chinense Jacq., Solanum sodomeum L., and Solanum scabrum Mill...
- Analysis of 90 Mb of the potato genome reveals conservation of gene structures and order with tomato but divergence in repetitive sequence compositionWei Zhu
Department of Plant Biology, Michigan State University, 166 Plant Biology Building, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
BMC Genomics 9:286. 2008The Solanaceae family contains a number of important crop species including potato (Solanum tuberosum) which is grown for its underground storage organ known as a tuber...
- Isolation and characterization of hydroxyproline-rich glycopeptide signals in black nightshade leavesGregory Pearce
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6340, USA
Plant Physiol 150:1422-33. 2009..a preprohydroxyproline-rich systemin, SnpreproHypSys, was identified from the leaves of black nightshade (Solanum nigrum), which is a member of a small gene family of at least three genes that have orthologs in tobacco (..
- Ploidy manipulation of the gametophyte, endosperm and sporophyte in nature and for crop improvement: a tribute to Professor Stanley J. Peloquin (1921-2008)Rodomiro Ortiz
International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center CIMMYT, Apdo Postal 6 641, 06600 Mexico, D F, Mexico
Ann Bot 104:795-807. 2009..five decades, Dr Peloquin merged basic research in plant reproduction, cytology, cytogenetics, genetics, potato (Solanum tuberosum) improvement and education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison...
- The SOL Genomics Network: a comparative resource for Solanaceae biology and beyondLukas A Mueller
Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Plant Physiol 138:1310-7. 2005..resource for the plants of the Solanaceae family, which includes important crop and model plants such as potato (Solanum tuberosum), eggplant (Solanum melongena), pepper (Capsicum annuum), and tomato (Solanum lycopersicum)...
- Transcriptomic and reverse genetic analyses of branched-chain fatty acid and acyl sugar production in Solanum pennellii and Nicotiana benthamianaStephen P Slocombe
Department of Biology, Area 7, University of York, York YO10 5YW, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 148:1830-46. 2008..proposed: (1) fatty acid synthase-mediated two-carbon elongation in the high acyl sugar-producing tomato species Solanum pennellii and Datura metel; and (2) alpha-keto acid elongation-mediated one-carbon increments in several tobacco (..
- Potato (Solanum tuberosum L. cv. Gogu valley) protein as a novel antimicrobial agent in weanling pigsZ Jin
Division of Animal Resources Science, Research Centre for Proteineous Materials, Chosun University, Kwangju, Republic of Korea
J Anim Sci 86:1562-72. 2008..Potato protein was extracted from a value-added type of the new potato variety, Solanum tuberosum L. cv. Gogu valley, and was shown to have a minimum inhibitory concentration of 300 to 500 mug/mL...
- Laboratory assessment of the molluscicidal and cercaricidal activities of the Egyptian weed, Solanum nigrum LA H Ahmed
Institute of Research for Tropical Medicine, General Organization for Teaching Hospitals and Institutes, Cairo, Egypt
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 91:931-7. 1997The molluscicidal properties of Solanum nigrum L...
- A metabolomics study of cultivated potato (Solanum tuberosum) groups Andigena, Phureja, Stenotomum, and tuberosum using gas chromatography-mass spectrometryGary Dobson
Scottish Crop Research Institute, Invergowrie, Dundee DD2 5DA, Scotland, UK
J Agric Food Chem 58:1214-23. 2010..in tubers of genotypes belonging to groups Andigena, Phureja, Stenotomum, and Tuberosum of the potato, Solanum tuberosum...
- Intake, growth and carcass yield of indigenous goats fed market wastes of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) vines and scarlet eggplant (Solanum aethiopicum)C B Katongole
Department of Animal Science, Makerere University, P O Box 7062, Kampala, Uganda
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:1623-31. 2009..goats fed basal diets of market wastes of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) vines (SPV) and scarlet eggplant (Solanum aethiopicum) (SEP) were examined in two experiments...
- Development of a real-time PCR method for the differential detection and quantification of four solanaceae in GMO analysis: potato (Solanum tuberosum), tomato (Solanum lycopersicum), eggplant (Solanum melongena), and pepper (Capsicum annuum)Maher Chaouachi
Unité Etude du Polymorphisme des Génomes Végétaux EPGV UR1279, Centre National de Génotypage CNG, 2 rue Gaston Crémieux 91057, CP5721, Evry Cedex, France
J Agric Food Chem 56:1818-28. 2008..primers were designed for the detection, quantification, and differentiation of four Solanaceae: potato (Solanum tuberosum), tomato (Solanum lycopersicum), pepper (Capsicum annuum), and eggplant (Solanum melongena)...
- Weed management in Solanaceae crops in PortugalM Júlia Afonso
Direcção Geral de Agricultura e Desenvolvimento Rural, Quinta do Marquês PT 2780 155 Oeiras, Portugal
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 73:919-27. 2008..Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Miller.), potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) and pepper (Capsicum annuum L...
- Effect of the leafy vegetable Solanum nigrum on the activities of some liver drug-metabolizing enzymes after aflatoxin B1 treatment in female ratsP F Moundipa
Laboratoire de Biochimie, , , Cameroun
Br J Nutr 65:81-91. 1991Wistar albino female rats were maintained for 10 d on diets containing various levels of the vegetable Solanum nigrum. Simultaneously, they received daily intraperitoneal injections of aflatoxin B1 (AFB1) (either 0.2 or 0...
- Combining engineered resistance, avidin, and natural resistance derived from Solanum chacoense bitter to control Colorado potato beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae)Susannah G Cooper
Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Econ Entomol 102:1270-80. 2009..Leptinotarsa decemlineata (Say) (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae), is the most destructive insect pest of potato, Solanum tuberosum (L.), in North America...
- Decreased sucrose content triggers starch breakdown and respiration in stored potato tubers (Solanum tuberosum)Mohammad Reza Hajirezaei
Institut fur Pflanzengenetik und Kulturpflanzenforschung, Corrensstrasse 3, D 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
J Exp Bot 54:477-88. 2003..ratio within phloem cells, yeast-derived cytosolic invertase was expressed in transgenic potato (Solanum tuberosum cv. Desirée) plants under control of the rolC promoter...
- Susceptibility of cariogenic Streptococcus mutans to extracts of Garcinia kola, Hibiscus sabdariffa, and Solanum americanumO C Afolabi
School of Dentistry, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Nigeria
West Afr J Med 27:230-3. 2008..Avariety of plants with potent activity are known to be used in indigenous communities for dental hygiene worldwide...
- Salicylic acid improves acclimation to salt stress by stimulating abscisic aldehyde oxidase activity and abscisic acid accumulation, and increases Na+ content in leaves without toxicity symptoms in Solanum lycopersicum LAgnes Szepesi
Department of Plant Biology, University of Szeged, H 6701 Szeged, Kozepfasor 52, P O Box 654, Hungary
J Plant Physiol 166:914-25. 2009..salicylic acid (SA) in hydroponic culture medium provided protection against salinity stress in tomato plants (Solanum lycopersicum L. cv. Rio Fuego)...
- Mechanism and control of Solanum lycocarpum seed germinationLilian V A Pinto
Escola Agrotécnica Federal de Inconfidentes CEP 37 576 000 Inconfidentes, MG, Brasil
Ann Bot 100:1175-87. 2007..The present study aimed to compare the seed morphology and the physiology of germination of Solanum lycocarpum, an important species native to the Brazilian Cerrado, with two species with endospermic seeds, tomato ..
- Do potatoes and tomatoes have a single evolutionary history, and what proportion of the genome supports this history?Flor Rodriguez
USDA, Agricultural Research Service Department of Horticulture, 1575 Linden Drive, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1590, USA
BMC Evol Biol 9:191. 2009..of conserved orthologous set (COSII) nuclear loci to elucidate the phylogenetic relationships among 29 diploid Solanum species in the sister clades that include tomato and potato, and in Datura inoxia as a far outgroup...
- Anti-ulcerogenic properties of the aqueous and methanol extracts from the leaves of Solanum torvum Swartz (Solanaceae) in ratsTélesphore B Nguelefack
Laboratoire de Physiologie Animale et de Phytopharmacologie, Faculte des Sciences, BP 67, Université de Dschang, Cameroun
J Ethnopharmacol 119:135-40. 2008b>Solanum torvum (Solanaceae) is a plant currently used in Cameroon ethnomedicine for the treatment of stomach ailments.
- Unilateral incompatibility in Capsicum (Solanaceae): occurrence and taxonomic distributionA Naci Onus
Department of Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, Akdeniz University, 07059 Antalya, Turkey
Ann Bot 94:289-95. 2004..and all those which have been studied most intensively, are found in the Solanaceae, particularly Lycopersicon, Solanum, Nicotiana and Petunia...
- Effect of polyphenolic compounds from Solanum torvum on plasma lipid peroxidation, superoxide anion and cytochrome P450 2E1 in human liver microsomesWinthana Kusirisin
Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Med Chem 5:583-8. 2009..We investigated the effect of Solanum torvum (ST) extracts on the inhibition of CYP2E1 activity in human liver microsomes...
- Enhancing sucrose synthase activity in transgenic potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) tubers results in increased levels of starch, ADPglucose and UDPglucose and total yieldEdurne Baroja-Fernandez
Instituto de Agrobiotecnología CSIC UPNA Gobierno de Navarra, Mutiloako etorbidea z g, Nafarroa, Spain
Plant Cell Physiol 50:1651-62. 2009..To determine the impact of SuSy activity in starch metabolism and yield in potato (Solanum tuberosum L...
- Tagging QTLs for late blight resistance and plant maturity from diploid wild relatives in a cultivated potato (Solanum tuberosum) backgroundJ Sliwka
Research Centre Młochów, Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute, Platanowa 19, 05 831, Mlochow, Poland
Theor Appl Genet 115:101-12. 2007..The use of diploid Solanum tuberosum derived from European tetraploid cultivars enabled the introgression of novel genes encoding foliage ..
- Solanum nigrum L. extract inhibits 2-acetylaminofluorene-induced hepatocarcinogenesis through overexpression of glutathione S-transferase and antioxidant enzymesJeng Dong Hsu
Department of Pathology, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 57:8628-34. 2009b>Solanum nigrum L. (SN) is a widespread plant and is regarded as a common relish in the east and the south of Taiwan. Our previous study has found that SN water extract (SNWE) alleviated carbon tetrachloride-induced liver damage in rats...
- ISSR and isozyme characterization of androgenetic dihaploids reveals tetrasomic inheritance in tetraploid somatic hybrids between Solanum melongena and Solanum aethiopicum group GiloLaura Toppino
CRA ORL, Research Unit for Vegetable Crops, Via Paullese 28, I 26836 Montanaso Lombardo, Italy
J Hered 99:304-15. 2008Gene exchanges between Solanum melongena and its allied relative Solanum aethiopicum are a crucial prerequisite for introgression of useful traits from the allied species into the cultivated eggplant...
- Cadmium-induced oxidative damage and protective effects of N-acetyl-L-cysteine against cadmium toxicity in Solanum nigrum LXiaopeng Deng
College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Agricultural University, Weigang 1, Nanjing 210095, China
J Hazard Mater 180:722-9. 2010..of cadmium (Cd) on the accumulation of hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)) and antioxidant enzyme activities in roots of Solanum nigrum L...
- Effect of nitrogen and water treatment on leaf chemistry in horsenettle (Solanum carolinense), and relationship to herbivory by flea beetles (Epitrix spp.) and tobacco hornworm (Manduca sexta)Martin L Cipollini
Department of Biology, 430 Berry College, Mount Berry, Georgia 30149, USA
J Chem Ecol 28:2377-98. 2002We studied the interaction between plants (horsenettle; Solanum carolinense) and herbivorous insects (flea beetles; Epitrix spp...
- Distribution of glycoalkaloids in potato tubers of 59 accessions of two wild and five cultivated Solanum speciesNobuyuki Kozukue
Department of Food Service Industry, Uiduk University, 780 713 Gangdong, Gyeongju, Gyongbuk, Republic of Korea
J Agric Food Chem 56:11920-8. 2008..The most common potato, Solanum tuberosum, contains primarily the glycoalkaloids, alpha-solanine and alpha-chaconine...
- Endogenous pararetroviral sequences in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) and related speciesChristina Staginnus
Gregor Mendel Institute of Plant Molecular Biology GMI, Wien, Austria
BMC Plant Biol 7:24. 2007..tabacum (tobacco) and Solanum tuberosum (potato). Here we describe a family of EPRVs in cultivated tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L...
- Mosquito larvicidal activities of Solanum villosum berry extract against the dengue vector Stegomyia aegyptiNandita Chowdhury
Mosquito and Microbiology Research Units, Parasitology Laboratory, Department of Zoology, Burdwan University, West Bengal, India
BMC Complement Altern Med 8:10. 2008..b>Solanum villosum is a common weed distributed in many parts of India with medicinal properties, but the larvicidal ..
- Cancer-preventive peptide lunasin from Solanum nigrum L. inhibits acetylation of core histones H3 and H4 and phosphorylation of retinoblastoma protein (Rb)Jin Boo Jeong
School of Bioresources Sciences, Andong National University, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 55:10707-13. 2007..herbal medicines and in search for new sources of lunasin, we report here the properties of lunasin from Solanum nigrum L. (SNL), a plant indigenous to northeast Asia...
- Molluscicidal and antiparasitic activity of Solanum nigrum villosum against Galba truncatula infected or uninfected with Fasciola hepaticaH Hammami
Fungal and Parasitic Molecular Biology Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Sfax, Tunisia
J Helminthol 82:235-9. 2008The present study was based on assessments of the molluscicidal and antiparasitic activities of Solanum nigrum villosum. This plant has been collected in Tozeur's traditional oases (south-western Tunisia)...
- Chemical composition of Solanum nigrum linn extract and induction of autophagy by leaf water extract and its major flavonoids in AU565 breast cancer cellsHsiu Chen Huang
Graduate Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 58:8699-708. 2010b>Solanum nigrum Linn (SN) belongs to the Solanaceae family, is a plant growing widely in south Asia, and has been used in traditional folk medicine. It is believed to have antipyretic, diuretic, anticancer, and hepatoprotective effects...
- Inhibitory effect of Solanum nigrum on thioacetamide-induced liver fibrosis in miceChang Chi Hsieh
Department of Animal Science and Biotechnology, Tunghai University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Ethnopharmacol 119:117-21. 2008b>Solanum nigrum (Solanaceae) has been used in traditional folk medicine for its hepatoprotective agent...
- Aqueous extract of Solanum nigrum inhibit growth of cervical carcinoma (U14) via modulating immune response of tumor bearing mice and inducing apoptosis of tumor cellsJian Li
College of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province 066004, Peoples Republic of China
Fitoterapia 79:548-56. 2008To explore the antitumor activity of aqueous extract of Solanum nigrum (SNL-AE) and its possible mechanism, we examined the effects of SNL-AE on the tumor growth in vivo, the number of CD4+, CD8+ T lymphocyte subsets of peripheral blood ..
- Andean potato cultivars (Solanum tuberosum L.) as a source of antioxidant and mineral micronutrientsChristelle M Andre
Institut des Sciences de la Vie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 55:366-78. 2007..A genetically diverse sample of Solanum tuberosum L...
- Complete chloroplast genome sequences of Solanum bulbocastanum, Solanum lycopersicum and comparative analyses with other Solanaceae genomesHenry Daniell
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Biomolecular Science, University of Central Florida, 4000 Central Florida Blvd, Bldg 20, Room 336, Orlando, FL 32816 2364, USA
Theor Appl Genet 112:1503-18. 2006..It is possible that there has been a loss of conserved editing sites in potato and tomato...
- Oxidative stress and antioxidants in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) plants subjected to boron toxicityLuis M Cervilla
Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Ann Bot 100:747-56. 2007..The objective of this study was to analyse how ascorbate and some other components of the antioxidant network respond to B toxicity...
- Hormonal changes during salinity-induced leaf senescence in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.)Michel Edmond Ghanem
Groupe de Recherche en Physiologie Végétale, Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, Croix du Sud 5, boîte 13, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Exp Bot 59:3039-50. 2008..g. Na+) and changes in leaf hormone relations are involved in the regulation of this process. Tomato plants (Solanum lycopersicum L...
- Application of indoxacarb for managing shoot and fruit borer of eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) and its decontaminationJayakrishnan Saimandir
Department of Entomology, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center Ohio State University, Wooster, Ohio, USA
J Environ Sci Health B 44:292-301. 2009Indoxacarb was applied at 75 and 150 g a.i. ha(-1) for two years to an eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) crop grown in the field plots in order to evaluate its efficacy for management of the lepidopteron pest, shoot and fruit borer...
- Anticonvulsant activity of solasodine isolated from Solanum sisymbriifolium fruits in rodentsKinjal Chauhan
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Pharm Biol 49:194-9. 2011b>Solanum sisymbriifolium Lam. (Solanaceae), commonly known as sticky nightshade, is traditionally used for central nervous system (CNS) disorders...
- Effects of anthocyanin-rich purple potato flakes on antioxidant status in F344 rats fed a cholesterol-rich dietKyu Ho Han
Department of Agriculture and Life Science, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido 080 8555, Japan
Br J Nutr 98:914-21. 2007We examined the antioxidant effects of polyphenol/anthocyanin-rich potato (Solanum tuberosum cv. Shadow-Queen) flakes in male rats fed a high-cholesterol diet. The rats were served either a high-cholesterol (0.5% cholesterol plus 0...
- Performance of growing indigenous goats fed diets based on urban market crop wastesC B Katongole
Department of Animal Science, Makerere University, P O Box 7062, Kampala, Uganda
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:329-36. 2009..effect of feeding diets including market crop wastes (sweet potato vines (Ipomoea batatas) and scarlet eggplant (Solanum aethiopicum)) on growth and digestibility was studied using 32 indigenous intact growing male goats...
- Paneth cells: histochemical and morphometric study in control and Solanum glaucophyllum intoxicated rabbitsC N Zanuzzi
Institute of Pathology Prof Dr Bernardo Epstein, School of Veterinary Sciences, National University of La Plata, La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Eur J Histochem 52:93-100. 2008..b>Solanum glaucophyllum, a calcinogenic plant containing high levels of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, is responsible for a ..
- Resistance to Phytophthora infestans in somatic hybrids of Solanum nigrum L. and diploid potatoE Zimnoch-Guzowska
Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute IHAR, Młochów Research Center, 05 831 Młochów, Poland
Theor Appl Genet 107:43-8. 2003..important disease affecting potatoes, the search for new sources of durable resistance includes the non-host wild Solanum species. The aim of this work was to evaluate the resistance to P. infestans in the somatic hybrids between S...
- Cytotoxic effects of Argentinean plant extracts on tumour and normal cell linesL Mamone
Centro de Investigaciones sobre Porfirinas y Porfirias CIPYP, CONICET and Hospital de Clínicas José de San Martín, University of Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 57:OL1487-99. 2011..Collaea argentina leaf, Iochroma australe leaf, Ipomoea bonariensis flower, Jacaranda mimosifolia flower, Solanum amygdalifolium flower, Solanum chacoense leaf, Solanum sisymbriifolium flower and Solanum verbascifolium flower...
- Divergent regulation of terpenoid metabolism in the trichomes of wild and cultivated tomato speciesKatrin Besser
Center for Novel Agricultural Products, Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5YW, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 149:499-514. 2009..biochemical and molecular mechanisms that underlie the divergence in trichome metabolism between the wild species Solanum habrochaites LA1777 and its cultivated relative, Solanum lycopersicum...
- [Effects of hydroxyapatite on growth and quality of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) in Cd polluted soil]Yong Song
College of Horticulture, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha 410128, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 31:2240-7. 2010..in a glasshouse to study effects of hydroxyapatite amending Cd polluted soil on growth and quality of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.)...
- Novel somatic hybrids (Solanum tuberosum L.+Solanum tarnii) and their fertile BC1 progenies express extreme resistance to potato virus Y and late blightRamona Thieme
Julius Kuehn Institute, Federal Research Centre for Cultivated Plants, Institute for Breeding Research on Agricultural Crops, Erwin Baur Str 27, 06484, Quedlinburg, Germany
Theor Appl Genet 116:691-700. 2008b>Solanum tarnii, a wild diploid, tuber-bearing Mexican species belonging to the series Pinnatisecta is highly resistant to Potato virus Y (PVY) and Colorado potato beetle and shows a strong hypersensitive reaction to Phytophthora ..
- Spirosolane-containing Solanum species and induction of congenital craniofacial malformationsR F Keeler
United States Department of Agriculture, Poisonous Plant Research Laboratory, Logan, UT 84321
Toxicon 28:873-84. 1990Comparison by GC analysis of purified alkaloid extracts of Solanum species revealed no measurable free solasodine, other spirosolanes, or any non-spirosolane steroidal alkaloid aglycones in unhydrolyzed total alkaloid fractions of fruit ..
- Comparative mapping between potato (Solanum tuberosum) and Arabidopsis thaliana reveals structurally conserved domains and ancient duplications in the potato genomeChristiane Gebhardt
MPI für Züchtungsforschung, Carl von Linne Weg 10, 50829 Köln, Germany
Plant J 34:529-41. 2003A genetic map of potato (Solanum tuberosum) was constructed based on 293 restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) markers including 31 EST markers of Arabidopsis...
- Myzus persicae is arrested more by blends than by individual compounds elevated in headspace of PLRV-infected potatoEsther Ngumbi
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho 83844 2339, USA
J Chem Ecol 33:1733-47. 2007Volatiles from potato plants (Solanum tuberosum L...
- Evaluation of larvicidal efficacy of Solanum xanthocarpum storage against vector mosquitoes in north - western RajasthanS K Bansal
Desert Medicine Research Centre ICMR, New Pali Road, Jodhpur 342 005, India
J Environ Biol 30:883-8. 2009Efficacy of the methanol extracts from fruits without seeds, whole yellow ripe fruits and seeds of the plant Solanum xanthocarpum was evaluated against larvae of Anopheles culicifacies, Anopheles stephensi, Aedes aegypti and Culex ..
- Examination of resistance of potato genotypes to Erwinia sspMónika Kállai
University of Pannonia, Georgikon Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology, H 8360, Keszthely, Deak F Str 16, Hungary
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 72:813-7. 2007..In the experiments back cross progenies (BC1, BC2, BC3 and BC4) of Solanum brevidens + Solanum tuberosum somatic hybrids produced by the Potato Research Centre, Keszthely were tested to ..
- Effects of steroidal glycoalkaloids from potatoes (Solanum tuberosum) on in vitro bovine embryo developmentS Wang
US Sheep Experiment Station, USDA ARS, Dubois, ID 83423, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 85:243-50. 2005alpha-Solanine and alpha-chaconine are two naturally occurring steroidal glycoalkaloids in potatoes (Solanum tuberosum), and solanidine-N-oxide is a corresponding steroidal aglycone...
- A QTL that confers resistance to Colorado potato beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata [Say]) in tetraploid potato populations segregating for leptineBoris Sagredo
Instituto de Investigaciones Agropecuarias INIA, CRI Rayentué, Casilla 13, Rengo, Chile
Theor Appl Genet 119:1171-81. 2009Genetic resistance to Colorado potato beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata [Say]) from Solanum chacoense has been incorporated in the tetraploid potato selection, ND4382-19, which is highly resistant and contains moderate level of foliar ..
- Studies on the toxicological effect of the aqueous extract of the fresh, dried and boiled berries of Solanum aculeastrum Dunal in male Wistar ratsOm Aboyade
Department of Botany, University of Fort Hare, Alice 5700, South Africa
Hum Exp Toxicol 28:765-75. 2009The toxicological effect of the aqueous extract of fresh, dried and boiled berries of Solanum aculeastrum Dunal at 1, 10 and 25 mg/kg body weight was investigated in male Wistar rats for 28 days...
- Biochemical and molecular analysis of pink tomatoes: deregulated expression of the gene encoding transcription factor SlMYB12 leads to pink tomato fruit colorAna Rosa Ballester
Plant Research International, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 152:71-84. 2010..Phenotypic analysis of an introgression line (IL) population derived from a cross between Solanum lycopersicum 'Moneyberg' and the wild species Solanum chmielewskii revealed three ILs with a pink fruit color...
- Accumulation, functional annotation, and comparative analysis of expressed sequence tags in eggplant (Solanum melongena L.), the third pole of the genus Solanum species after tomato and potatoHiroyuki Fukuoka
National Institute of Vegetable and Tea Science, NARO, Ano, Tsu, Mie 514 2392, Japan
Gene 450:76-84. 2010Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) is a widely grown vegetable crop that belongs to the genus Solanum, which is comprised of more than 1000 species of wide genetic and phenotypic variation...
- Antiulcerogenic and ulcer healing effects of Solanum nigrum (L.) on experimental ulcer models: possible mechanism for the inhibition of acid formationMallika Jainu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600025, Tamil Nadu, India
J Ethnopharmacol 104:156-63. 2006b>Solanum nigrum, an herbal plant which is recommended in ayurveda for the management of gastric ulcers...
- Expression of thymosin alpha1 concatemer in transgenic tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) fruitsYuhui Chen
Plant Biotechnology Research Center, Fudan Shanghai Jiao Tong University Nottingham Plant Biotechnology R and D Center, School of Agriculture and Biology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 52:303-12. 2009..reverse transcription-PCR) analysis showed that the 4 x Talpha1 gene was transcribed specifically in tomato [Solanum lycopersicum (formerly Lycopersicon esculentum)] fruits...
- Evidence of parietal amine oxidase activity in Solanum torvum Sw. stem calli after Ralstonia solanacearum inoculationMarcel Aribaud
Universite de la Reunion, Faculté des Sciences et Technologies, UMR Peuplements végétaux et bioagresseurs en milieu tropical Université de La Réunion CIRAD, 15 Avenue Rene Cassin, BP 7151, 97715 Saint Denis Messag Cedex 9, La Reunion, France
Plant Physiol Biochem 47:313-21. 2009Calli induced from Solanum torvum stem explants were inoculated with Ralstonia solanacearum under partial vacuum. All calli showed a hypersensitive response after infiltration...
- Solanum indicum ssp. distichum extract is effective against L-NAME-induced hypertension in ratsAshraf Bahgat
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 22:693-9. 2008b>Solanum indicum ssp. distichum is used as a vegetable in some parts of Africa and claimed in folk medicine to guard against cardiovascular disorders...
- Morphogenesis of complex plant cell shapes: the mechanical role of crystalline cellulose in growing pollen tubesLeila Aouar
Departement de sciences biologiques, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Sex Plant Reprod 23:15-27. 2010..resulted in the formation of tubes with increased diameter in Solanum chacoense and Lilium orientalis when present during germination...
- Production of Phytophthora infestans-resistant potato (Solanum tuberosum) utilising Ensifer adhaerens OV14Toni Wendt
Department of Crop Science, Teagasc Crops Research Centre, Oak Park, Carlow, Ireland
Transgenic Res 21:567-78. 2012..adhaerens was used to generate blight- (causative organism Phytophthora infestans) resistant potato using the Solanum bulbocastanum 'resistance to blight' (RB) gene...
- Expression of acyl-lipid Delta12-desaturase gene in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells and its effect on cold stress tolerance of potatoReza Maali Amiri
Department of Agronomy and Plant Breeding, University College of Agriculture and Natural Resources of the University of Tehran, Karaj 31587 77871, Iran
J Integr Plant Biol 52:289-97. 2010..effect on cell membrane lipid composition and cold tolerance in prokaryotic (Escherichia coli) and eukaryotic (Solanum tuberosum) cells...
- Large-scale isolation, fractionation, and purification of soluble starch-synthesizing enzymes: starch synthase and branching enzyme from potato tubersRupendra Mukerjea
Laboratory of Carbohydrate Chemistry and Enzymology, Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Carbohydr Res 345:1555-63. 2010..SSS) and starch-branching enzyme (SBE), were isolated, fractionated, and purified from white potato tubers (Solanum tuberosum) on a large scale...
- Identification and characterization of a novel miR159 target not related to MYB in tomatoKobi Buxdorf
Institute of Plant Sciences, Agricultural Research Organization, The Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, Israel
Planta 232:1009-22. 2010..Here, we identified and characterized a new miR159 target gene (SGN-U567133) in Solanum lycopersicum (tomato) that is not related to MYB...
- hi2-1, a QTL which improves harvest index, earliness and alters metabolite accumulation of processing tomatoesAmit Gur
The Institute of Plant Sciences and Genetics in Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
Theor Appl Genet 121:1587-99. 2010..The Solanum pennellii introgression-line (IL) population shows variation for harvest index and earliness...
- Does the African garden egg offer protection against experimentally induced ulcers?Anosike Chioma
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
Asian Pac J Trop Med 4:163-6. 2011To evaluate the possible antiulcer effect of the African garden egg, Solanum aethiopicum (S. aethiopicum) (a domestic vegetable) experimentally in rats.
- Assessment of the genotoxic, antigenotoxic, and cytotoxic activities of the ethanolic fruit extract of Solanum lycocarpum A. St. Hill. (Solanaceae) by micronucleus test in micePabline Marinho Vieira
Department of General Biology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
J Med Food 13:1409-14. 2010b>Solanum lycocarpum A. St. Hill. (Family Solanaceae), popularly known in Brazil as lobeira, is a common weed in the Brazilian Cerrado vegetation...
- Anthelmintic activity of botanical extracts against sheep gastrointestinal nematodes, Haemonchus contortusChinnaperumal Kamaraj
Unit of Nanotechnology and Bioactive Natural Products, Post Graduate and Research Department of Zoology, C Abdul Hakeem College, Melvisharam, 632 509 Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Parasitol Res 109:37-45. 2011..f.) Wall. ex Nees., Anisomeles malabarica (L.) R. Br., Annona squamosa L., Datura metel L., and Solanum torvum Swartz were tested against the parasitic nematode of small ruminants H...
- Independent resistant reactions expressed in root and tuber of potato breeding lines with introgressed resistance to Meloidogyne chitwoodiC R Brown
States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Phytopathology 99:1085-9. 2009Resistance to Meloidogyne chitwoodi was introgressed from Solanum bulbocastanum into the cultivated gene pool of potato. A single dominant gene is responsible for resistance to race 1 reproduction on the root system...
- Bioavailability of vitamin C from mashed potatoes and potato chips after oral administration in healthy Japanese menYoshitaka Kondo
Aging Regulation, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, 35 2 Sakae cho, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 0015, Japan
Br J Nutr 107:885-92. 2012Potato (Solanum tuberosum) tubers contain vitamin C (VC) and commercial potato chips have more VC content per wet weight by dehydration during frying...
- Constitutive and dark-induced expression of Solanum tuberosum phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase enhances stomatal opening and photosynthetic performance of Arabidopsis thalianaRashad Kebeish
Leibniz University Hannover, Institute of Botany, Herrenhaeuser st 2, 30419 Hannover, Germany
Biotechnol Bioeng 109:536-44. 2012The effect of constitutive and dark-induced expression of Solanum tuberosum phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase (PEPC) on the opening state of stomata and photosynthetic performance in Arabidopsis thaliana plants was studied...
- Characterization of Solanum tuberosum multicystatin and its structural comparison with other cystatinsMark S Nissen
School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 4660, USA
Plant Cell 21:861-75. 2009Potato (Solanum tuberosum) multicystatin (PMC) is a crystalline Cys protease inhibitor present in the subphellogen layer of potato tubers. It consists of eight tandem domains of similar size and sequence...
- Phenotypic diversity and association mapping for fruit quality traits in cultivated tomato and related speciesJiaxin Xu
College of Horticulture, Northwest A and F University, Yang Ling, 712100, Shaanxi, People s Republic of China
Theor Appl Genet 126:567-81. 2013..and genetic diversity of a large collection of tomato accessions including 44 heirloom and vintage cultivars (Solanum lycopersicum), 127 S. lycopersicum var. cerasiforme (cherry tomato) and 17 Solanum pimpinellifolium accessions...
- Evidence for H(2)O(2) as the product of reduction of oxygen by alternative oxidase in mitochondria from potato tubersRadha H Bhate
Department of Microbiology, Agaharkar Research Institute, Pune, India
Arch Biochem Biophys 486:165-9. 2009..Its activity in potato tuber (Solanum tuberosum L.) was induced following chilling treatment at 4 degrees C...
- The potato R locus codes for dihydroflavonol 4-reductaseYongfei Zhang
Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Theor Appl Genet 119:931-7. 2009The potato R locus is required for the production of red pelargonidin-based anthocyanin pigments in potato (Solanum tuberosum L.)...
- A new species of solitary Meteorus (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) reared from caterpillars of toxic butterflies (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae) in EcuadorScott R Shaw
Insect Museum, Department of Renewable Resources, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming 82071 3354, USA
J Insect Sci 9:34. 2009..larvae of Pteronymia zerlina (Hewitson, 1855) (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae, Ithomiinae) found feeding on leaves of Solanum (Solanaceae). The parasitoid is solitary...
- Characterization of a methionine sulfoxide reductase B from tomato (Solanum lycopersicum), and its protecting role in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeChangbo Dai
Department of Medical Biotechnology, College of Biomedical Science, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Gangwon Do, 200 701, South Korea
Protein J 32:39-47. 2013In the present study, we isolated a methionine sulfoxide reductase B gene, termed SlMSRB1, from tomato (Solanum lycopersicum)...
- Immunolocalisation of spermidine synthase in Solanum tuberosumYvonne Sichhart
Institut of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science I, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Phytochemistry 91:117-21. 2013..In this study, immunolocalisation of SPDS in potato (Solanum tuberosum) organs is presented...
- Biosorption of cadmium by endophytic fungus (EF) Microsphaeropsis sp. LSE10 isolated from cadmium hyperaccumulator Solanum nigrum LXiao Xiao
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, People s Republic of China
Bioresour Technol 101:1668-74. 2010..Using this technology, endophytic fungus (EF) LSE10 was isolated from the cadmium hyperaccumulator Solanum nigrum L. It was identified as Microsphaeropsis sp...
- Field and vegetable crops as hosts of larval western spotted cucumber beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae)Andrew B Pedersen
Department of Entomology, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Environ Entomol 40:633-8. 2011..was the best host, followed by alfalfa and tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) that were roughly equivalent to one another...
- Methyl salicylate production in tomato affects biotic interactionsKai Ament
Department of Plant Physiology, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Science Park 904, 1098 XH, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Plant J 62:124-34. 2010The role of methyl salicylate (MeSA) production was studied in indirect and direct defence responses of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) to the spider mite Tetranychus urticae and the root-invading fungus Fusarium oxysporum f. sp...
- Flavour compounds in tomato fruits: identification of loci and potential pathways affecting volatile compositionSandrine Mathieu
Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, University of Florida, Horticultural Sciences, PO Box 110690, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Exp Bot 60:325-37. 2009..A population of introgression lines derived from a cross between the cultivated tomato Solanum lycopersicum and its wild relative, S. habrochaites, was characterized over multiple seasons and locations...
- A simulation-based breeding design that uses whole-genome prediction in tomatoEiji Yamamoto
NARO Institute of Vegetable and Tea Science NIVTS, 360 Kusawa, Ano, Tsu, Mie 514 2392, Japan
Sci Rep 6:19454. 2016..of this strategy was evaluated by the simultaneous genetic improvement of the yield and flavour of the tomato (Solanum lycopersicum), as an example...
- FAR5, a fatty acyl-coenzyme A reductase, is involved in primary alcohol biosynthesis of the leaf blade cuticular wax in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)Yong Wang
State Key Laboratory of Crop Stress Biology for Arid Areas, College of Agronomy, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
J Exp Bot 66:1165-78. 2015..The transgenic expression of TaFAR5 in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) cv MicroTom leaves resulted in the accumulation of C26:0, C28:0, and C30:0 primary alcohols...
- Chromoplast-specific carotenoid-associated protein appears to be important for enhanced accumulation of carotenoids in hp1 tomato fruitsHimabindu Vasuki Kilambi
Department of Plant Sciences, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500046, India
Plant Physiol 161:2085-101. 2013Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) high-pigment mutants with lesions in diverse loci such as DNA Damage-Binding Protein1 (high pigment1 [hp1]), Deetiolated1 (hp2), Zeaxanthin Epoxidase (hp3), and Intense pigment (Ip; gene product unknown) ..
- Influence of nitrogen nutrition management on biomass partitioning and nitrogen use efficiency indices in hydroponically grown potatoGregory D Goins
Dynamac Corporation, Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899, USA
J Am Soc Hortic Sci 129:134-40. 2004..Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has been conducting controlled environment research with potatoes (Solanum tuberosum L...
- Stimulatory effects of polysaccharide fraction from Solanum nigrum on RAW 264.7 murine macrophage cellsFaizan Naeem Razali
Institute of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
PLoS ONE 9:e108988. 2014The polysaccharide fraction from Solanum nigrum Linne has been shown to have antitumor activity by enhancing the CD4+/CD8+ ratio of the T-lymphocyte subpopulation. In this study, we analyzed a polysaccharide extract of S...
- Ethylene response factor Sl-ERF.B.3 is responsive to abiotic stresses and mediates salt and cold stress response regulation in tomatoImen Klay
Laboratoire de Morphogenèse et de Biotechnologie Végétale, Faculté des Sciences de Tunis FST, Campus Universitaire 2092 El Manar Tunis, Tunisia Université Toulouse, INP ENSA Toulouse, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France INRA, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France
ScientificWorldJournal 2014:167681. 2014Sl-ERF.B.3 (Solanum lycopersicum ethylene response factor B.3) gene encodes for a tomato transcription factor of the ERF (ethylene responsive factor) family. Our results of real-time RT-PCR showed that Sl-ERF.B...
- Optimisation of antioxidant extraction from Solanum tuberosum potato peel waste by surface response methodologyIsabel Rodríguez Amado
Group of Recycling and Valorization of Waste Materials REVAL, Marine Research Institute IIM CSIC, C Eduardo Cabello, 6, Vigo 36208, Galicia, Spain
Food Chem 165:290-9. 2014..Our results demonstrate potato peel waste is a good source of antioxidants able to effectively limit oil oxidation, while contributing to the revalorisation of these agrifood by-products...
- Different domains control the localization and mobility of LIKE HETEROCHROMATIN PROTEIN1 in Arabidopsis nucleiAssaf Zemach
Department of Plant Sciences, Weizman Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Plant Cell 18:133-45. 2006..Transient expression assays showed that tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) LHP1 fused to green fluorescent protein (GFP; Sl LHP1-GFP) and Arabidopsis LHP1 (At LHP1-GFP) ..
- Impact of cholinergic plant extracts on nociceptionERIC WIERTELAK; Fiscal Year: 2005..will be investigated include: Atropa belladonna, Datura Stramonium, Mandragoras officinarum, Hyoscyamos niger and Solanum nigrum; each have documented use for pain relief in folk medicine...
- REGULATION OF DEFENSE SIGNALING IN TOMATOGregg A Howe; Fiscal Year: 2012..Studies with the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana and tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) indicate that the E3 ubiquitin ligase SCFCOI1 is strictly required for transcription of jasmonate-..
- Antitumor and chemopreventive activity of the Ecuadorian plant extract BIRMBal L Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2010..BIRM, an Ecuadorian oral solution, is a dietary supplement developed from the Andean variety of Solanum dulcamara L, which is widely consumed in the Americas for a variety of diseases, including prostate and breast ..
- MULTI-USE BIOREACTOR FOR TISSUE AND CELL CULTURERICHARD DEDOLPH; Fiscal Year: 1992..Using bioreactors of this design, the required protocol for optimized production of microtubers of Solanum tuberosum will be established...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGICAL ROLE OF 12-R-LIPOXYGENASEALAN BRASH; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Tissue-specific Overexpression of IKKbeta in micePETER MELENDEZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will determine whether tissue-specific increases in lKKb activity cause whole body insulin resistance and further ask whether lKKb activation in one tissue influences insulin sensitivity in others. ..
- NOVEL OXYGENATIONS OF ARACHIDONIC ACIDALAN BRASH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will develop new insights into the biochemistry of mammalian cyclooxygenases and as a consequence have practical benefits in development of therapeutics. ..
- Expression of Human Therapeutic Proteins in Transgenic Tobacco ChloroplastsHenry Daniell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful completion of these studies would make transgenic chloroplasts ideal bioreactors for the production of safe and less expensive therapeutic proteins and open the door for in depth studies of membrane proteins. ..