Alias: Cyphomandra, Cyphomandra Mart. ex Sendtn., Solanum L.
Publications165 found, 100 shown here
- Mycological and electron microscopic study of Solanum chrysotrichum saponin SC-2 antifungal activity on Candida species of medical significanceArmando Herrera-Arellano
Centro de Investigacion Biomedica del Sur, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social IMSS, Xochitepec, Morelos, Mexico
Planta Med 73:1568-73. 2007b>Solanum chrysotrichum is utilized in traditional Mexican medicine for the treatment of mycotic skin infections. Several microbiological studies have provided evidence of its antifungal activity against dermatophytes and yeasts. S...
- Profiles of pyrimidine biosynthesis, salvage and degradation in disks of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) tubersRiko Katahira
Department of Advanced Bioscience, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Ochanomizu University, Tokyo, Japan
Planta 215:821-8. 2002In order to obtain general metabolic profiles of pyrimidine ribo- and deoxyribonucleotides in potato (Solanum tuberosum L...
- Clinical and mycological evaluation of therapeutic effectiveness of Solanum chrysotrichum standardized extract on patients with Pityriasis capitis (dandruff). A double blind and randomized clinical trial controlled with ketoconazoleArmando Herrera-Arellano
Centro de Investigacion Biomedica del Sur, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Argentina 1, Xochitepec, Morelos, México 62790
Planta Med 70:483-8. 2004..It has been demonstrated that the extract obtained from leaves of the plant Solanum chrysotrichum possesses biological activity against dermatophytes and yeast...
- Phytoremediation potentials of selected tropical plants for ethidium bromideRaynato B Uera
Environmental Management Department, Institute of Graduate Studies, Central Luzon State University, Science City of Munoz, Nueva Ecija, Philippines 3120
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 14:505-9. 2007..Phytoremediation requires somewhat limited resources and very useful in treating wide variety of environmental contaminants. This study aimed to assess the potential of selected tropical plants as phytoremediators of EtBr...
- [Chemical composition of essential oils from leaves of Helicteres guazumifolia (Sterculiaceae), Piper tuberculatum (Piperaceae), Scoparia dulcis (Arecaceae) and Solanum subinerme (Solanaceae) from Sucre, Venezuela]Gabriel Ordaz
Departamento de Ciencias, Sección de Química, Núcleo de Monagas, Universidad de Oriente, Maturín 6201, Estado Monagas, Venezuela
Rev Biol Trop 59:585-95. 2011..Leaves from Helicteres guazumifolia, Piper tuberculatum, Scoparia dulcis and Solanum subinerme were collected and their essential oils were obtained by means of hydro-distillation...
- Construction of two BAC libraries from the wild Mexican diploid potato, Solanum pinnatisectum, and the identification of clones near the late blight and Colorado potato beetle resistance lociQ Chen
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Lethbridge Research Centre, PO Box 3000, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4B1, Canada
Theor Appl Genet 108:1002-9. 2004..artificial chromosome (BAC) libraries were constructed from genomic DNA of the Mexican wild diploid species, Solanum pinnatisectum, which carries high levels of resistance to the most important potato pathogen and pest, the late ..
- Host use of Bactrocera latifrons, a new invasive tephritid species in TanzaniaHendry A Mziray
Department of Crop Science and Production, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
J Econ Entomol 103:70-6. 2010..latifrons of which four are new host records: Capsicum annuum L. cov. longum A. DC., Capsicum chinense Jacq., Solanum sodomeum L., and Solanum scabrum Mill...
- Analysis of 90 Mb of the potato genome reveals conservation of gene structures and order with tomato but divergence in repetitive sequence compositionWei Zhu
Department of Plant Biology, Michigan State University, 166 Plant Biology Building, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
BMC Genomics 9:286. 2008The Solanaceae family contains a number of important crop species including potato (Solanum tuberosum) which is grown for its underground storage organ known as a tuber...
- Isolation and characterization of hydroxyproline-rich glycopeptide signals in black nightshade leavesGregory Pearce
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6340, USA
Plant Physiol 150:1422-33. 2009..a preprohydroxyproline-rich systemin, SnpreproHypSys, was identified from the leaves of black nightshade (Solanum nigrum), which is a member of a small gene family of at least three genes that have orthologs in tobacco (..
- Ploidy manipulation of the gametophyte, endosperm and sporophyte in nature and for crop improvement: a tribute to Professor Stanley J. Peloquin (1921-2008)Rodomiro Ortiz
International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center CIMMYT, Apdo Postal 6 641, 06600 Mexico, D F, Mexico
Ann Bot 104:795-807. 2009..five decades, Dr Peloquin merged basic research in plant reproduction, cytology, cytogenetics, genetics, potato (Solanum tuberosum) improvement and education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison...
- The SOL Genomics Network: a comparative resource for Solanaceae biology and beyondLukas A Mueller
Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Plant Physiol 138:1310-7. 2005..resource for the plants of the Solanaceae family, which includes important crop and model plants such as potato (Solanum tuberosum), eggplant (Solanum melongena), pepper (Capsicum annuum), and tomato (Solanum lycopersicum)...
- Transcriptomic and reverse genetic analyses of branched-chain fatty acid and acyl sugar production in Solanum pennellii and Nicotiana benthamianaStephen P Slocombe
Department of Biology, Area 7, University of York, York YO10 5YW, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 148:1830-46. 2008..proposed: (1) fatty acid synthase-mediated two-carbon elongation in the high acyl sugar-producing tomato species Solanum pennellii and Datura metel; and (2) alpha-keto acid elongation-mediated one-carbon increments in several tobacco (..
- Potato (Solanum tuberosum L. cv. Gogu valley) protein as a novel antimicrobial agent in weanling pigsZ Jin
Division of Animal Resources Science, Research Centre for Proteineous Materials, Chosun University, Kwangju, Republic of Korea
J Anim Sci 86:1562-72. 2008..Potato protein was extracted from a value-added type of the new potato variety, Solanum tuberosum L. cv. Gogu valley, and was shown to have a minimum inhibitory concentration of 300 to 500 mug/mL...
- Laboratory assessment of the molluscicidal and cercaricidal activities of the Egyptian weed, Solanum nigrum LA H Ahmed
Institute of Research for Tropical Medicine, General Organization for Teaching Hospitals and Institutes, Cairo, Egypt
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 91:931-7. 1997The molluscicidal properties of Solanum nigrum L...
- A metabolomics study of cultivated potato (Solanum tuberosum) groups Andigena, Phureja, Stenotomum, and tuberosum using gas chromatography-mass spectrometryGary Dobson
Scottish Crop Research Institute, Invergowrie, Dundee DD2 5DA, Scotland, UK
J Agric Food Chem 58:1214-23. 2010..in tubers of genotypes belonging to groups Andigena, Phureja, Stenotomum, and Tuberosum of the potato, Solanum tuberosum...
- Intake, growth and carcass yield of indigenous goats fed market wastes of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) vines and scarlet eggplant (Solanum aethiopicum)C B Katongole
Department of Animal Science, Makerere University, P O Box 7062, Kampala, Uganda
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:1623-31. 2009..goats fed basal diets of market wastes of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) vines (SPV) and scarlet eggplant (Solanum aethiopicum) (SEP) were examined in two experiments...
- Development of a real-time PCR method for the differential detection and quantification of four solanaceae in GMO analysis: potato (Solanum tuberosum), tomato (Solanum lycopersicum), eggplant (Solanum melongena), and pepper (Capsicum annuum)Maher Chaouachi
Unité Etude du Polymorphisme des Génomes Végétaux EPGV UR1279, Centre National de Génotypage CNG, 2 rue Gaston Crémieux 91057, CP5721, Evry Cedex, France
J Agric Food Chem 56:1818-28. 2008..primers were designed for the detection, quantification, and differentiation of four Solanaceae: potato (Solanum tuberosum), tomato (Solanum lycopersicum), pepper (Capsicum annuum), and eggplant (Solanum melongena)...
- Weed management in Solanaceae crops in PortugalM Júlia Afonso
Direcção Geral de Agricultura e Desenvolvimento Rural, Quinta do Marquês PT 2780 155 Oeiras, Portugal
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 73:919-27. 2008..Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Miller.), potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) and pepper (Capsicum annuum L...
- Effect of the leafy vegetable Solanum nigrum on the activities of some liver drug-metabolizing enzymes after aflatoxin B1 treatment in female ratsP F Moundipa
Laboratoire de Biochimie, , , Cameroun
Br J Nutr 65:81-91. 1991Wistar albino female rats were maintained for 10 d on diets containing various levels of the vegetable Solanum nigrum. Simultaneously, they received daily intraperitoneal injections of aflatoxin B1 (AFB1) (either 0.2 or 0...
- Decreased sucrose content triggers starch breakdown and respiration in stored potato tubers (Solanum tuberosum)Mohammad Reza Hajirezaei
Institut fur Pflanzengenetik und Kulturpflanzenforschung, Corrensstrasse 3, D 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
J Exp Bot 54:477-88. 2003..ratio within phloem cells, yeast-derived cytosolic invertase was expressed in transgenic potato (Solanum tuberosum cv. Desirée) plants under control of the rolC promoter...
- Combining engineered resistance, avidin, and natural resistance derived from Solanum chacoense bitter to control Colorado potato beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae)Susannah G Cooper
Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Econ Entomol 102:1270-80. 2009..Leptinotarsa decemlineata (Say) (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae), is the most destructive insect pest of potato, Solanum tuberosum (L.), in North America...
- Anti-ulcerogenic properties of the aqueous and methanol extracts from the leaves of Solanum torvum Swartz (Solanaceae) in ratsTélesphore B Nguelefack
Laboratoire de Physiologie Animale et de Phytopharmacologie, Faculte des Sciences, BP 67, Université de Dschang, Cameroun
J Ethnopharmacol 119:135-40. 2008b>Solanum torvum (Solanaceae) is a plant currently used in Cameroon ethnomedicine for the treatment of stomach ailments.
- Mechanism and control of Solanum lycocarpum seed germinationLilian V A Pinto
Escola Agrotécnica Federal de Inconfidentes CEP 37 576 000 Inconfidentes, MG, Brasil
Ann Bot 100:1175-87. 2007..The present study aimed to compare the seed morphology and the physiology of germination of Solanum lycocarpum, an important species native to the Brazilian Cerrado, with two species with endospermic seeds, tomato ..
- Unilateral incompatibility in Capsicum (Solanaceae): occurrence and taxonomic distributionA Naci Onus
Department of Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, Akdeniz University, 07059 Antalya, Turkey
Ann Bot 94:289-95. 2004..and all those which have been studied most intensively, are found in the Solanaceae, particularly Lycopersicon, Solanum, Nicotiana and Petunia...
- Salicylic acid improves acclimation to salt stress by stimulating abscisic aldehyde oxidase activity and abscisic acid accumulation, and increases Na+ content in leaves without toxicity symptoms in Solanum lycopersicum LAgnes Szepesi
Department of Plant Biology, University of Szeged, H 6701 Szeged, Kozepfasor 52, P O Box 654, Hungary
J Plant Physiol 166:914-25. 2009..salicylic acid (SA) in hydroponic culture medium provided protection against salinity stress in tomato plants (Solanum lycopersicum L. cv. Rio Fuego)...
- Susceptibility of cariogenic Streptococcus mutans to extracts of Garcinia kola, Hibiscus sabdariffa, and Solanum americanumO C Afolabi
School of Dentistry, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Nigeria
West Afr J Med 27:230-3. 2008..Avariety of plants with potent activity are known to be used in indigenous communities for dental hygiene worldwide...
- Do potatoes and tomatoes have a single evolutionary history, and what proportion of the genome supports this history?Flor Rodriguez
USDA, Agricultural Research Service Department of Horticulture, 1575 Linden Drive, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1590, USA
BMC Evol Biol 9:191. 2009..of conserved orthologous set (COSII) nuclear loci to elucidate the phylogenetic relationships among 29 diploid Solanum species in the sister clades that include tomato and potato, and in Datura inoxia as a far outgroup...
- Effect of polyphenolic compounds from Solanum torvum on plasma lipid peroxidation, superoxide anion and cytochrome P450 2E1 in human liver microsomesWinthana Kusirisin
Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Med Chem 5:583-8. 2009..We investigated the effect of Solanum torvum (ST) extracts on the inhibition of CYP2E1 activity in human liver microsomes...
- Tagging QTLs for late blight resistance and plant maturity from diploid wild relatives in a cultivated potato (Solanum tuberosum) backgroundJ Sliwka
Research Centre Młochów, Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute, Platanowa 19, 05 831, Mlochow, Poland
Theor Appl Genet 115:101-12. 2007..The use of diploid Solanum tuberosum derived from European tetraploid cultivars enabled the introgression of novel genes encoding foliage ..
- Enhancing sucrose synthase activity in transgenic potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) tubers results in increased levels of starch, ADPglucose and UDPglucose and total yieldEdurne Baroja-Fernandez
Instituto de Agrobiotecnología CSIC UPNA Gobierno de Navarra, Mutiloako etorbidea z g, Nafarroa, Spain
Plant Cell Physiol 50:1651-62. 2009..To determine the impact of SuSy activity in starch metabolism and yield in potato (Solanum tuberosum L...
- ISSR and isozyme characterization of androgenetic dihaploids reveals tetrasomic inheritance in tetraploid somatic hybrids between Solanum melongena and Solanum aethiopicum group GiloLaura Toppino
CRA ORL, Research Unit for Vegetable Crops, Via Paullese 28, I 26836 Montanaso Lombardo, Italy
J Hered 99:304-15. 2008Gene exchanges between Solanum melongena and its allied relative Solanum aethiopicum are a crucial prerequisite for introgression of useful traits from the allied species into the cultivated eggplant...
- Endogenous pararetroviral sequences in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) and related speciesChristina Staginnus
Gregor Mendel Institute of Plant Molecular Biology GMI, Wien, Austria
BMC Plant Biol 7:24. 2007..tabacum (tobacco) and Solanum tuberosum (potato). Here we describe a family of EPRVs in cultivated tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L...
- Cadmium-induced oxidative damage and protective effects of N-acetyl-L-cysteine against cadmium toxicity in Solanum nigrum LXiaopeng Deng
College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Agricultural University, Weigang 1, Nanjing 210095, China
J Hazard Mater 180:722-9. 2010..of cadmium (Cd) on the accumulation of hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)) and antioxidant enzyme activities in roots of Solanum nigrum L...
- Solanum nigrum L. extract inhibits 2-acetylaminofluorene-induced hepatocarcinogenesis through overexpression of glutathione S-transferase and antioxidant enzymesJeng Dong Hsu
Department of Pathology, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 57:8628-34. 2009b>Solanum nigrum L. (SN) is a widespread plant and is regarded as a common relish in the east and the south of Taiwan. Our previous study has found that SN water extract (SNWE) alleviated carbon tetrachloride-induced liver damage in rats...
- Effect of nitrogen and water treatment on leaf chemistry in horsenettle (Solanum carolinense), and relationship to herbivory by flea beetles (Epitrix spp.) and tobacco hornworm (Manduca sexta)Martin L Cipollini
Department of Biology, 430 Berry College, Mount Berry, Georgia 30149, USA
J Chem Ecol 28:2377-98. 2002We studied the interaction between plants (horsenettle; Solanum carolinense) and herbivorous insects (flea beetles; Epitrix spp...
- Distribution of glycoalkaloids in potato tubers of 59 accessions of two wild and five cultivated Solanum speciesNobuyuki Kozukue
Department of Food Service Industry, Uiduk University, 780 713 Gangdong, Gyeongju, Gyongbuk, Republic of Korea
J Agric Food Chem 56:11920-8. 2008..The most common potato, Solanum tuberosum, contains primarily the glycoalkaloids, alpha-solanine and alpha-chaconine...
- Mosquito larvicidal activities of Solanum villosum berry extract against the dengue vector Stegomyia aegyptiNandita Chowdhury
Mosquito and Microbiology Research Units, Parasitology Laboratory, Department of Zoology, Burdwan University, West Bengal, India
BMC Complement Altern Med 8:10. 2008..b>Solanum villosum is a common weed distributed in many parts of India with medicinal properties, but the larvicidal ..
- Chemical composition of Solanum nigrum linn extract and induction of autophagy by leaf water extract and its major flavonoids in AU565 breast cancer cellsHsiu Chen Huang
Graduate Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 58:8699-708. 2010b>Solanum nigrum Linn (SN) belongs to the Solanaceae family, is a plant growing widely in south Asia, and has been used in traditional folk medicine. It is believed to have antipyretic, diuretic, anticancer, and hepatoprotective effects...
- Cancer-preventive peptide lunasin from Solanum nigrum L. inhibits acetylation of core histones H3 and H4 and phosphorylation of retinoblastoma protein (Rb)Jin Boo Jeong
School of Bioresources Sciences, Andong National University, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 55:10707-13. 2007..herbal medicines and in search for new sources of lunasin, we report here the properties of lunasin from Solanum nigrum L. (SNL), a plant indigenous to northeast Asia...
- Molluscicidal and antiparasitic activity of Solanum nigrum villosum against Galba truncatula infected or uninfected with Fasciola hepaticaH Hammami
Fungal and Parasitic Molecular Biology Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Sfax, Tunisia
J Helminthol 82:235-9. 2008The present study was based on assessments of the molluscicidal and antiparasitic activities of Solanum nigrum villosum. This plant has been collected in Tozeur's traditional oases (south-western Tunisia)...
- Inhibitory effect of Solanum nigrum on thioacetamide-induced liver fibrosis in miceChang Chi Hsieh
Department of Animal Science and Biotechnology, Tunghai University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Ethnopharmacol 119:117-21. 2008b>Solanum nigrum (Solanaceae) has been used in traditional folk medicine for its hepatoprotective agent...
- Aqueous extract of Solanum nigrum inhibit growth of cervical carcinoma (U14) via modulating immune response of tumor bearing mice and inducing apoptosis of tumor cellsJian Li
College of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province 066004, Peoples Republic of China
Fitoterapia 79:548-56. 2008To explore the antitumor activity of aqueous extract of Solanum nigrum (SNL-AE) and its possible mechanism, we examined the effects of SNL-AE on the tumor growth in vivo, the number of CD4+, CD8+ T lymphocyte subsets of peripheral blood ..
- Andean potato cultivars (Solanum tuberosum L.) as a source of antioxidant and mineral micronutrientsChristelle M Andre
Institut des Sciences de la Vie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 55:366-78. 2007..A genetically diverse sample of Solanum tuberosum L...
- Oxidative stress and antioxidants in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) plants subjected to boron toxicityLuis M Cervilla
Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Ann Bot 100:747-56. 2007..The objective of this study was to analyse how ascorbate and some other components of the antioxidant network respond to B toxicity...
- Complete chloroplast genome sequences of Solanum bulbocastanum, Solanum lycopersicum and comparative analyses with other Solanaceae genomesHenry Daniell
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Biomolecular Science, University of Central Florida, 4000 Central Florida Blvd, Bldg 20, Room 336, Orlando, FL 32816 2364, USA
Theor Appl Genet 112:1503-18. 2006..It is possible that there has been a loss of conserved editing sites in potato and tomato...
- Hormonal changes during salinity-induced leaf senescence in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.)Michel Edmond Ghanem
Groupe de Recherche en Physiologie Végétale, Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, Croix du Sud 5, boîte 13, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Exp Bot 59:3039-50. 2008..g. Na+) and changes in leaf hormone relations are involved in the regulation of this process. Tomato plants (Solanum lycopersicum L...
- Application of indoxacarb for managing shoot and fruit borer of eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) and its decontaminationJayakrishnan Saimandir
Department of Entomology, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center Ohio State University, Wooster, Ohio, USA
J Environ Sci Health B 44:292-301. 2009Indoxacarb was applied at 75 and 150 g a.i. ha(-1) for two years to an eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) crop grown in the field plots in order to evaluate its efficacy for management of the lepidopteron pest, shoot and fruit borer...
- Effects of anthocyanin-rich purple potato flakes on antioxidant status in F344 rats fed a cholesterol-rich dietKyu Ho Han
Department of Agriculture and Life Science, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido 080 8555, Japan
Br J Nutr 98:914-21. 2007We examined the antioxidant effects of polyphenol/anthocyanin-rich potato (Solanum tuberosum cv. Shadow-Queen) flakes in male rats fed a high-cholesterol diet. The rats were served either a high-cholesterol (0.5% cholesterol plus 0...
- Performance of growing indigenous goats fed diets based on urban market crop wastesC B Katongole
Department of Animal Science, Makerere University, P O Box 7062, Kampala, Uganda
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:329-36. 2009..effect of feeding diets including market crop wastes (sweet potato vines (Ipomoea batatas) and scarlet eggplant (Solanum aethiopicum)) on growth and digestibility was studied using 32 indigenous intact growing male goats...
- Anticonvulsant activity of solasodine isolated from Solanum sisymbriifolium fruits in rodentsKinjal Chauhan
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Pharm Biol 49:194-9. 2011b>Solanum sisymbriifolium Lam. (Solanaceae), commonly known as sticky nightshade, is traditionally used for central nervous system (CNS) disorders...
- Paneth cells: histochemical and morphometric study in control and Solanum glaucophyllum intoxicated rabbitsC N Zanuzzi
Institute of Pathology Prof Dr Bernardo Epstein, School of Veterinary Sciences, National University of La Plata, La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Eur J Histochem 52:93-100. 2008..b>Solanum glaucophyllum, a calcinogenic plant containing high levels of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, is responsible for a ..
- Resistance to Phytophthora infestans in somatic hybrids of Solanum nigrum L. and diploid potatoE Zimnoch-Guzowska
Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute IHAR, Młochów Research Center, 05 831 Młochów, Poland
Theor Appl Genet 107:43-8. 2003..important disease affecting potatoes, the search for new sources of durable resistance includes the non-host wild Solanum species. The aim of this work was to evaluate the resistance to P. infestans in the somatic hybrids between S...
- Cytotoxic effects of Argentinean plant extracts on tumour and normal cell linesL Mamone
Centro de Investigaciones sobre Porfirinas y Porfirias CIPYP, CONICET and Hospital de Clínicas José de San Martín, University of Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 57:OL1487-99. 2011..Collaea argentina leaf, Iochroma australe leaf, Ipomoea bonariensis flower, Jacaranda mimosifolia flower, Solanum amygdalifolium flower, Solanum chacoense leaf, Solanum sisymbriifolium flower and Solanum verbascifolium flower...
- Divergent regulation of terpenoid metabolism in the trichomes of wild and cultivated tomato speciesKatrin Besser
Center for Novel Agricultural Products, Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5YW, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 149:499-514. 2009..biochemical and molecular mechanisms that underlie the divergence in trichome metabolism between the wild species Solanum habrochaites LA1777 and its cultivated relative, Solanum lycopersicum...
- Novel somatic hybrids (Solanum tuberosum L.+Solanum tarnii) and their fertile BC1 progenies express extreme resistance to potato virus Y and late blightRamona Thieme
Julius Kuehn Institute, Federal Research Centre for Cultivated Plants, Institute for Breeding Research on Agricultural Crops, Erwin Baur Str 27, 06484, Quedlinburg, Germany
Theor Appl Genet 116:691-700. 2008b>Solanum tarnii, a wild diploid, tuber-bearing Mexican species belonging to the series Pinnatisecta is highly resistant to Potato virus Y (PVY) and Colorado potato beetle and shows a strong hypersensitive reaction to Phytophthora ..
- [Effects of hydroxyapatite on growth and quality of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) in Cd polluted soil]Yong Song
College of Horticulture, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha 410128, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 31:2240-7. 2010..in a glasshouse to study effects of hydroxyapatite amending Cd polluted soil on growth and quality of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.)...
- Spirosolane-containing Solanum species and induction of congenital craniofacial malformationsR F Keeler
United States Department of Agriculture, Poisonous Plant Research Laboratory, Logan, UT 84321
Toxicon 28:873-84. 1990Comparison by GC analysis of purified alkaloid extracts of Solanum species revealed no measurable free solasodine, other spirosolanes, or any non-spirosolane steroidal alkaloid aglycones in unhydrolyzed total alkaloid fractions of fruit ..
- Comparative mapping between potato (Solanum tuberosum) and Arabidopsis thaliana reveals structurally conserved domains and ancient duplications in the potato genomeChristiane Gebhardt
MPI für Züchtungsforschung, Carl von Linne Weg 10, 50829 Köln, Germany
Plant J 34:529-41. 2003A genetic map of potato (Solanum tuberosum) was constructed based on 293 restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) markers including 31 EST markers of Arabidopsis...
- Myzus persicae is arrested more by blends than by individual compounds elevated in headspace of PLRV-infected potatoEsther Ngumbi
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho 83844 2339, USA
J Chem Ecol 33:1733-47. 2007Volatiles from potato plants (Solanum tuberosum L...
- Biochemical and molecular analysis of pink tomatoes: deregulated expression of the gene encoding transcription factor SlMYB12 leads to pink tomato fruit colorAna Rosa Ballester
Plant Research International, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 152:71-84. 2010..Phenotypic analysis of an introgression line (IL) population derived from a cross between Solanum lycopersicum 'Moneyberg' and the wild species Solanum chmielewskii revealed three ILs with a pink fruit color...
- A QTL that confers resistance to Colorado potato beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata [Say]) in tetraploid potato populations segregating for leptineBoris Sagredo
Instituto de Investigaciones Agropecuarias INIA, CRI Rayentué, Casilla 13, Rengo, Chile
Theor Appl Genet 119:1171-81. 2009Genetic resistance to Colorado potato beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata [Say]) from Solanum chacoense has been incorporated in the tetraploid potato selection, ND4382-19, which is highly resistant and contains moderate level of foliar ..
- Examination of resistance of potato genotypes to Erwinia sspMónika Kállai
University of Pannonia, Georgikon Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology, H 8360, Keszthely, Deak F Str 16, Hungary
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 72:813-7. 2007..In the experiments back cross progenies (BC1, BC2, BC3 and BC4) of Solanum brevidens + Solanum tuberosum somatic hybrids produced by the Potato Research Centre, Keszthely were tested to ..
- Effects of steroidal glycoalkaloids from potatoes (Solanum tuberosum) on in vitro bovine embryo developmentS Wang
US Sheep Experiment Station, USDA ARS, Dubois, ID 83423, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 85:243-50. 2005alpha-Solanine and alpha-chaconine are two naturally occurring steroidal glycoalkaloids in potatoes (Solanum tuberosum), and solanidine-N-oxide is a corresponding steroidal aglycone...
- Accumulation, functional annotation, and comparative analysis of expressed sequence tags in eggplant (Solanum melongena L.), the third pole of the genus Solanum species after tomato and potatoHiroyuki Fukuoka
National Institute of Vegetable and Tea Science, NARO, Ano, Tsu, Mie 514 2392, Japan
Gene 450:76-84. 2010Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) is a widely grown vegetable crop that belongs to the genus Solanum, which is comprised of more than 1000 species of wide genetic and phenotypic variation...
- Antiulcerogenic and ulcer healing effects of Solanum nigrum (L.) on experimental ulcer models: possible mechanism for the inhibition of acid formationMallika Jainu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600025, Tamil Nadu, India
J Ethnopharmacol 104:156-63. 2006b>Solanum nigrum, an herbal plant which is recommended in ayurveda for the management of gastric ulcers...
- Studies on the toxicological effect of the aqueous extract of the fresh, dried and boiled berries of Solanum aculeastrum Dunal in male Wistar ratsOm Aboyade
Department of Botany, University of Fort Hare, Alice 5700, South Africa
Hum Exp Toxicol 28:765-75. 2009The toxicological effect of the aqueous extract of fresh, dried and boiled berries of Solanum aculeastrum Dunal at 1, 10 and 25 mg/kg body weight was investigated in male Wistar rats for 28 days...
- Evaluation of larvicidal efficacy of Solanum xanthocarpum storage against vector mosquitoes in north - western RajasthanS K Bansal
Desert Medicine Research Centre ICMR, New Pali Road, Jodhpur 342 005, India
J Environ Biol 30:883-8. 2009Efficacy of the methanol extracts from fruits without seeds, whole yellow ripe fruits and seeds of the plant Solanum xanthocarpum was evaluated against larvae of Anopheles culicifacies, Anopheles stephensi, Aedes aegypti and Culex ..
- Expression of thymosin alpha1 concatemer in transgenic tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) fruitsYuhui Chen
Plant Biotechnology Research Center, Fudan Shanghai Jiao Tong University Nottingham Plant Biotechnology R and D Center, School of Agriculture and Biology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 52:303-12. 2009..reverse transcription-PCR) analysis showed that the 4 x Talpha1 gene was transcribed specifically in tomato [Solanum lycopersicum (formerly Lycopersicon esculentum)] fruits...
- Solanum nigrum produces nitric oxide via nuclear factor-kappaB activation in mouse peritoneal macrophagesH J An
College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, 130 701, South Korea
Eur J Cancer Prev 14:345-50. 2005Nitric oxide (NO) is an antitumour molecule produced in activated macrophages and Solanum nigrum is a plant used in oriental medicine to treat tumours...
- Differential Protein Expression in Response to Abiotic Stress in Two Potato Species: Solanum commersonii Dun and Solanum tuberosum LRaquel Folgado
Department Environment and Agro biotechnologies EVA, Centre de Recherche Public Gabriel Lippmann, 41, rue du Brill, L 4422 Belvaux, Luxembourg
Int J Mol Sci 14:4912-33. 2013..the present work, the response to osmotic stress and chilling temperature was investigated in two potato species, Solanum tuberosum and its relative, frost-tolerant S. commersonii...
- [Physical, chemical and bioactive compounds of tree tomato (Cyphomandra betacea)]Alexia Torres
Departamento de Tecnología de Procesos Biológicos y Bioquímicos, Universidad Simon Bolivar, Sartenejas, Caracas Venezuela
Arch Latinoam Nutr 62:381-8. 2012Tree tomato (Cyphomandra betacea) is appreciated for its excellent nutritional qualities, being considered a good source of antioxidants compounds, calcium, phosphorus, potassium and iron, sugars, organic acids, pectins and flavonoids...
- 150 kDa glycoprotein isolated from Solanum nigrum Linne enhances activities of detoxicant enzymes and lowers plasmic cholesterol in mouseSei Jung Lee
521, Molecular Biochemistry Laboratory and Biodefensive Substances Group, Institute of Biotechnology, Chonnam National University, 500 757 Kwangju, 300 Yongbong Dong, South Korea
Pharmacol Res 51:399-408. 2005..the modulation of detoxicant enzyme activity and plasma lipidemic levels by 150 kDa glycoprotein isolated from Solanum nigrum Linne (SNL), which has been used as a hepatoprotective and anticancer agent in folk medicine...
- Genetic diversity of the Andean tetraploid cultivated potato (Solanum tuberosum L. subsp. andigena Hawkes) evaluated by chloroplast and nuclear DNA markersThitaporn Sukhotu
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Rokkodai, Nada, Japan
Genome 48:55-64. 2005Andigena potatoes (Solanum tuberosum L. subsp. andigena Hawkes) (2n = 4x = 48) are native farmer-selected important cultivars that form a primary gene pool of the common potato (Solanum tuberosum L. subsp. tuberosum)...
- Genomic instability in Solanum tuberosum x Solanum kurtzianum interspecific hybridsC F Marfil
Laboratorio de Biologia Molecular, INTA La Consulta, CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias, U N de Cuyo, A Brown 500 M5528AHB Chacras de Coria, Mendoza, Argentina
Genome 49:104-13. 2006..crosses in breeding is an important strategy in improving the genetic base of the modern cultivated potato, Solanum tuberosum L...
- The importance of Arabidopsis seed mutants in the elucidation of the molecular basis of Endosperm Balance Number in tuber-bearing Solanum speciesP Cornejo
Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias, U N de Cuyo and CONICET, Alte Brown 500, M5528AHB Mendoza, Argentina
Biocell 30:413-21. 2006..Balance Number (EBN) is an important concept for potato breeding and has evolutionary importance in tuber-bearing Solanum species...
- In vitro trypanocidal activity of solamargine and extracts from Solanum palinacanthum and Solanum lycocarpum of Brazilian cerradoRaquel R D Moreira
Departamento de Principios Ativos Naturais e Toxicologia, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Rodovia Araraquara Jaú, km 1, S N, 14801 502 Araraquara, SP, Brasil
An Acad Bras Cienc 85:903-7. 2013..investigation was to evaluate the potential trypanocidal activity of crude ethanolic extract of the fruits of Solanum palinacanthum, Solanum lycocarpum and the glycoalcaloid, solamargine. S. palinacanthum and S...
- Mating system in Mexican populations of the annual herb Solanum rostratum Dunal (Solanaceae)M Vallejo-Marín
Biological and Environmental Sciences, School of Natural Sciences, University of Stirling, Stirling, UK
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 15:948-54. 2013..b>Solanum rostratum is a self-compatible annual herb that colonises disturbed habitats...
- Characterization and functional analysis of a pollen-specific gene st901 in Solanum tuberosumYan Zhao
State Key Laboratory for Agricultural Biotechnology, College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, No 2 Yuanmingyuan West Road, 100094, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Planta 224:405-12. 2006..gene, sb401, which was isolated from a cDNA library of in vitro geminated pollen of the diploid potato species Solanum berthaultii, belongs to the class of genes expressed late during pollen development...
- Convergent evolution of a 2-methylbutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase from isovaleryl-CoA dehydrogenase in Solanum tuberosumEric S Goetzman
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine and Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 280:4873-9. 2005The potato cDNAs Solanum tuberosum isovaleryl-CoA dehydrogenases 1 and 2 (St-IVD1 and St-IVD2) encode proteins that are 84% identical to each other and 65 and 64% identical to human IVD, respectively...
- Wild relatives of the eggplant (Solanum melongena L.: Solanaceae): new understanding of species names in a complex groupSandra Knapp
Department of Life Sciences, Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e57039. 2013The common or brinjal eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) belongs to the Leptostemonum Clade (the "spiny" solanums) of the species-rich genus Solanum (Solanaceae)...
- Identification of mitotic chromosomes of tuberous and non-tuberous solanum species (Solanum tuberosum and Solanum brevidens) by GISH in their interspecific hybridsT Gavrilenko
N I Vavilov Institute of Plant Industry, St Petersburg, Russia
Genome 45:442-9. 2002..chromosome constitutions of somatic hybrids and their derivatives between dihaploid clones of cultivated potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) (2n = 2x = 24, AA genome) and the diploid, non-tuberous, wild species Solanum brevidens Phil...
- Antiulcerogenic activity of ethanol extract of Solanum variabile (false "jurubeba")J M Antonio
Departamento de Farmacologia, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 93:83-8. 2004The ethanol extract (EE) of the aerial parts of Solanum variabile Mart. (Solanaceae) was investigated for its ability to prevent ulceration of the gastric and duodenal mucosa at different doses...
- Evolution of a complex locus for terpene biosynthesis in solanumYuki Matsuba
Department of Molecular, University of Michigan, An Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Plant Cell 25:2022-36. 2013..Here, we show that a cluster of genes in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum; Solanaceae) contains genes for terpene synthases (TPSs) that specify the synthesis of monoterpenes ..
- Toxicity and metabolism of exogenous α,β-unsaturated carbonyls in potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) tubersLisa O Knowles
Postharvest Physiology and Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Horticulture, P O Box 646414, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6414, USA
J Agric Food Chem 60:11173-81. 2012..carbonyl compounds was evaluated for their utility as inhibitors of sprout growth in stored potato tubers (Solanum tuberosum L.). Nondormant tubers were treated with vapors of six 8-10-carbon compounds of this chemistry...
- [Microbiological and physicochemical evaluation of pasteurized nectar elaborated with tree tomato (Cyphomandra betaceae Sendth)pulp]Mario José Moreno Alvarez
Laboratorio de Biomoléculas, Ingenieria de Alimentos, Universidad Simón Rodríguez, Canoabo, Estado Carabobo, Venezuela
Arch Latinoam Nutr 53:282-6. 2003Tree tomato (Cyphomandra betaceae Sendth) is a species from high tropical regions...
- Transmission and recombination of homeologous Solanum sitiens chromosomes in tomatoRicardo A Pertuzé
C M Rick Tomato Genetics Resource Center, Department of Vegetable Crops, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Theor Appl Genet 107:1391-401. 2003The goal of the present experiments was to transfer the chromosomes of Solanum sitiens (syn. Solanum rickii) into cultivated tomato ( Lycopersicon esculentum). By crossing an allotetraploid L...
- Interstitial telomeric repeats are enriched in the centromeres of chromosomes in Solanum speciesLi He
Key Laboratory of Horticultural Plant Biology, Ministry of Education National Center for Vegetable Improvement Potato Engineering and Technology Research Center of Hubei Province, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, Hubei, 430070, People s Republic of China
Chromosome Res 21:5-13. 2013..However, megabase-sized ITR arrays were reported in Solanum species...
- Stochastic changes affect Solanum wild species following autopolyploidizationRiccardo Aversano
Department of Soil, Plant, Environmental and Animal Production Sciences DiSSPAPA, University of Naples Federico II, Via Universita 100, 80055 Portici Na, Italy
J Exp Bot 64:625-35. 2013..and extent of genetic, epigenetic, and anatomical changes occurring after oryzaline-induced polyploidization of Solanum commersonii Dunal and Solanum bulbocastanum Dunal, two diploid (2n=2×=24) potato species widely used in breeding ..
- Variation revealed by SNP genotyping and morphology provides insight into the origin of the tomatoJosé Blanca
Institute for the Conservation and Improvement of Agricultural Biodiversity, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Camino de Vera, Valencia, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e48198. 2012Tomato, Solanum lycopersicum, is divided into two widely distributed varieties: the cultivated S. lycopersicum var. lycopersicum, and the weedy S. lycopersicum var. cerasiforme...
- Evaluation of antioxidant, radical scavenging activity and polyphenolics profile in Solanum torvum L. fruitsC H Ramamurthy
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Life Sciences, Pondicherry University, Puducherry, India
J Food Sci 77:C907-13. 2012b>Solanum torvum fruit widely used in traditional medicine of India and also in food preparation...
- Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles through Reduction with Solanum xanthocarpum L. Berry Extract: Characterization, Antimicrobial and Urease Inhibitory Activities against Helicobacter pyloriMuhammad Amin
Department of Chemistry, University of Sargodha, Sargodha 40100, Pakistan E Mails M A M R S A J M A I
Int J Mol Sci 13:9923-41. 2012A green synthesis route for the production of silver nanoparticles using methanol extract from Solanum xanthocarpum berry (SXE) is reported in the present investigation...
- The tomato (Solanum lycopersicum cv. Micro-Tom) natural genetic variation Rg1 and the DELLA mutant procera control the competence necessary to form adventitious roots and shootsSimone Lombardi-Crestana
Laboratory of Hormonal Control of Plant Development, Department of Biological Sciences LCB, Escola Superior de Agricultura Luiz de Queiroz Esalq, Universidade de Sao Paulo USP, Av Padua Dias, 11, CP 09, CEP 13418 900 Piracicaba SP Brazil
J Exp Bot 63:5689-703. 2012..it is demonstrated that the Regeneration1 (Rg1) allele, a natural genetic variation from the tomato wild relative Solanum peruvianum, increases the capacity to form both roots and shoots in vitro; and that the gibberellin constitutive ..
- Evaluation of cytotoxic, genotoxic and antigenotoxic potential of Solanum lycocarpum fruits glicoalkaloid extract in V79 cellsCarla Carolina Munari
Universidade de Franca, Av Dr Armando Salles de Oliveira 201, Franca 14404 600, SP, Brazil
Food Chem Toxicol 50:3696-701. 2012b>Solanum lycocarpum St.-Hil (Solanaceae) is a hairy shrub or small much-branched tree of the Brazilian Cerrado, popularly known as "fruit-of-wolf"...
- Characterization of a flavonol 3-O-methyltransferase in the trichomes of the wild tomato species Solanum habrochaitesAdam Schmidt
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6340, USA
Planta 236:839-49. 2012The glandular trichomes of the wild tomato species Solanum habrochaites accumulate the polymethylated flavonol aglycones, 3,7,3'-O-methyl myricetin, 3,7,3',5'-O-methyl myricetin, and 3,7,3',4',5'-O-methyl myricetin...
- Changes in micro RNA expression in a wild tuber-bearing Solanum species induced by 5-Azacytidine treatmentCarlos F Marfil
Instituto de Biología Agrícola Mendoza IBAM, Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, A Brown 500, M5528AHB, Chacras de Coria, Mendoza, Argentina
Plant Cell Rep 31:1449-61. 2012Phenotypic plasticity is often postulated as a principal characteristic of tuber-bearing wild Solanum species. The hypotheses to explore this observation have been developed based on the presence of genetic variation...
- Isolation and functional characterization of lycopene beta-cyclase (CYC-B) promoter from Solanum habrochaitesMonika Dalal
National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, India
BMC Plant Biol 10:61. 2010..This study describes the isolation and characterization of chromoplast-specific Lycopene beta-cyclase (CYC-B) promoter from a green fruited S. habrochaites genotype EC520061...
- Development of gene-based markers and construction of an integrated linkage map in eggplant by using Solanum orthologous (SOL) gene setsHiroyuki Fukuoka
NARO Institute of Vegetable and Tea Science NIVTS, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization, 360 Kusawa, Ano, Tsu, Mie, 514 2392, Japan
Theor Appl Genet 125:47-56. 2012We constructed an integrated DNA marker linkage map of eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) using DNA marker segregation data sets obtained from two independent intraspecific F(2) populations...
- Genetic analysis of the cultivated potato Solanum tuberosum L. Phureja Group using RAPDs and nuclear SSRsM Ghislain
International Potato Center, PO Box 1558, Lima, 12, Peru
Theor Appl Genet 113:1515-27. 2006The Solanum tuberosum L...
- Effect of arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) fungus and plant growth promoting rhizomicroorganisms (PGPR's) on medicinal plant Solanum viarum seedlingsN Hemashenpagam
Department of Microbiology, Hindusthan College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore 641028, India
J Environ Biol 32:579-83. 2011..harzianum, in soil and their consequent effect on growth, nutrition and content of secondary metabolities of Solanum viarum seedlings. Triple inoculation of G. aggregatum+B. coagulans+T...
- Chromosomal rearrangements between tomato and Solanum chilense hamper mapping and breeding of the TYLCV resistance gene Ty-1Maarten G Verlaan
Wageningen UR Plant Breeding, Wageningen University, Droevendaalsesteeg 1, 6708 PB Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant J 68:1093-103. 2011Tomato yellow leaf curl disease, a devastating disease of Solanum lycopersicum (tomato), is caused by a complex of begomoviruses generally referred to as Tomato yellow leaf curl virus (TYLCV)...
- Characterization of three members of the ACC synthase gene family in Solanum tuberosum LL J Destéfano-Beltrán
Laboratorium voor Genetica, Universiteit Gent, Belgium
Mol Gen Genet 246:496-508. 1995..corresponding to three members of the 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid (ACC) synthase gene family in potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) have been isolated and sequenced...
- Impact of cholinergic plant extracts on nociceptionERIC WIERTELAK; Fiscal Year: 2005..will be investigated include: Atropa belladonna, Datura Stramonium, Mandragoras officinarum, Hyoscyamos niger and Solanum nigrum; each have documented use for pain relief in folk medicine...
- REGULATION OF DEFENSE SIGNALING IN TOMATOGregg A Howe; Fiscal Year: 2012..Studies with the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana and tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) indicate that the E3 ubiquitin ligase SCFCOI1 is strictly required for transcription of jasmonate-..
- Antitumor and chemopreventive activity of the Ecuadorian plant extract BIRMBal L Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2010..BIRM, an Ecuadorian oral solution, is a dietary supplement developed from the Andean variety of Solanum dulcamara L, which is widely consumed in the Americas for a variety of diseases, including prostate and breast ..
- MULTI-USE BIOREACTOR FOR TISSUE AND CELL CULTURERICHARD DEDOLPH; Fiscal Year: 1992..Using bioreactors of this design, the required protocol for optimized production of microtubers of Solanum tuberosum will be established...
- Expression of Human Therapeutic Proteins in Transgenic Tobacco ChloroplastsHenry Daniell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful completion of these studies would make transgenic chloroplasts ideal bioreactors for the production of safe and less expensive therapeutic proteins and open the door for in depth studies of membrane proteins. ..