Alias: nicotiana benthamania
Publications136 found, 100 shown here
- Identification and characterization of a new virus in the genus Potyvirus from wild populations of Angelica lucida L. and A. genuflexa Nutt., family ApiaceaeN L Robertson
USDA, ARS, Subarctic Agricultural Research Service, Arctic Plant Germplasm Research and Introduction, Palmer, AK 99645, USA
Arch Virol 152:1603-11. 2007..Solanaceae (Nicotiana benthamiana Domin, and N. clevlandii Gray.), and Apiaceae (Anethum graveolens L., Apium graveolens L. var...
- Zucchini yellow mosaic virus: insect transmission and pathogenicity -the tails of two proteinsAmit Gal-On
Department of Plant Pathology, Volcani Center ARO, Bet Dagan, 50250, Israel
Mol Plant Pathol 8:139-50. 2007..quinoa and Gomphrena globosa. Some ZYMV strains cause symptomless infection as in Ranunculus sardous, Nicotiana benthamiana and Sesamum indicum...
- Expression of self-complementary hairpin RNA under the control of the rolC promoter confers systemic disease resistance to plum pox virus without preventing local infectionTiziana Pandolfini
Dipartimento Scientifico Tecnologico, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona, Italy
BMC Biotechnol 3:7. 2003..g. Nicotiana benthamiana)...
- Expressing a whitefly GroEL protein in Nicotiana benthamiana plants confers tolerance to tomato yellow leaf curl virus and cucumber mosaic virus, but not to grapevine virus A or tobacco mosaic virusDagan Edelbaum
The Otto Warburg Minerva Center for Agricultural Biotechnology and The Robert H Smith Institute for Plant Science and Genetics in Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
Arch Virol 154:399-407. 2009..We have expressed the GroEL gene in Nicotiana benthamiana plants, postulating that upon virus inoculation, GroEL will bind to virions, thereby interfering with ..
- Transcriptomic and reverse genetic analyses of branched-chain fatty acid and acyl sugar production in Solanum pennellii and Nicotiana benthamianaStephen P Slocombe
Department of Biology, Area 7, University of York, York YO10 5YW, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 148:1830-46. 2008..pennellii and Nicotiana benthamiana. Our study verified the existence of distinct mechanisms of acyl sugar synthesis in Solanaceae...
- Properties of a virus isolated from Vernonia amygdalina Del. in Lagos, NigeriaM A Taiwo
Department of Botany and Microbiology, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria
Acta Virol 48:257-62. 2004..The virus was mechanically transmissible but had a narrow host range restricted to Nicotiana benthamiana, Chenopodium quinoa and C. amaranticolor...
- A severe symptom phenotype in tomato in Mali is caused by a reassortant between a novel recombinant begomovirus (Tomato yellow leaf curl Mali virus) and a betasatelliteLi Fang Chen
Department of Plant Pathology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Mol Plant Pathol 10:415-30. 2009..TYLCMLV infectious clone induced leaf curl and yellowing in tomato, leaf curl, crumpling and yellowing in Nicotiana benthamiana and common bean, mild symptoms in N. glutinosa, and a symptomless infection in Datura stramonium...
- Beet yellows closterovirus HSP70-like protein mediates the cell-to-cell movement of a potexvirus transport-deficient mutant and a hordeivirus-based chimeric virusA A Agranovsky
Department of Virology and Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, Russia
J Gen Virol 79:889-95. 1998..In one, the BYV p65 gene was cloned into a 35S promoter plasmid and introduced into Nicotiana benthamiana plants by microprojectile bombardment along with the 35S promoter-driven GUS gene-tagged cDNA of a ..
- The Lettuce infectious yellows virus (LIYV)-encoded P26 is associated with plasmalemma deposits within LIYV-infected cellsV Medina
Department de Producció Vegetal Ciència Forestal Universitat de Lleida UdL, Avda A Rovira Roure 177, 25198 Lleida, Spain
Virology 333:367-73. 2005..virions or virion aggregates around the vesiculated membranous inclusions, but not PLDs in LIYV-infected Nicotiana benthamiana, Nicotiana clevelandii, Lactuca sativa, and Chenopodium murale plants, and Nicotiana tabacum protoplasts...
- Replication-coupled packaging mechanism in positive-strand RNA viruses: synchronized coexpression of functional multigenome RNA components of an animal and a plant virus in Nicotiana benthamiana cells by agroinfiltrationPadmanaban Annamalai
University of California, Plant Pathology, 3264 Webber Hall, Riverside, CA 92521 0122, USA
J Virol 82:1484-95. 2008..DNA (T-DNA)-based agroinfiltration system to express functional genome components of FHV in plant cells (Nicotiana benthamiana)...
- A simplified method for cloning of short interfering RNAs from Brassica juncea infected with Turnip mosaic potyvirus and Turnip crinkle carmovirusThien Ho
NERC Centre for Ecology and Hydrology CEH Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR, UK
J Virol Methods 136:217-23. 2006..In a previous study on Cymbidium ringspot tombusvirus (CymRSV) infection in Nicotiana benthamiana, siRNAs (determined by cloning and sequencing) predominantly originated from the sense (+) strand of the ..
- Generation of subgenomic RNA directed by a satellite RNA associated with bamboo mosaic potexvirus: analyses of potexvirus subgenomic RNA promoterY S Lee
Institute of Botany, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
J Virol 74:10341-8. 2000..Insertion of SGPs gave rise to the synthesis of sgRNA of satBaMV in protoplasts of Nicotiana benthamiana and leaves of Chenopodium quinoa when coinoculated with BaMV-V genomic RNA...
- RNAi-associated ssRNA-specific ribonucleases in Tombusvirus P19 mutant-infected plants and evidence for a discrete siRNA-containing effector complexRustem T Omarov
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, Texas A and M University, 2132 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1714-9. 2007..Wild-type TBSV or p19-defective mutants initially show a similar infection course in Nicotiana benthamiana, but the absence of an active P19 results in viral RNA degradation followed by recovery from infection...
- Class VIII myosins are required for plasmodesmatal localization of a closterovirus Hsp70 homologDror Avisar
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University, Cordley Hall 2082, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Virol 82:2836-43. 2008..Six full-length myosin cDNAs from the BYV host plant Nicotiana benthamiana were sequenced and shown to encode apparent orthologs of the Arabidopsis thaliana myosins VIII-1, VIII-2, ..
- Identification of the virulence factors and suppressors of posttranscriptional gene silencing encoded by Ageratum yellow vein virus, a monopartite begomovirusP Sharma
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 1 1 Tsutsumidori Amemiyamachi, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi 981 8555, Japan
Virus Res 149:19-27. 2010..is essential for induction of leaf curl symptoms in plants and transgene expression of its betaC1 gene in Nicotiana benthamiana plants induces virus-like symptoms...
- The use of transgenic fruit trees as a resistance strategy for virus epidemics: the plum pox (sharka) modelM Ravelonandro
Station de Pathologie Vegetale, INRA, Centre de Recherche de Bordeaux, BP 81, 33883 Cedex, Villenave D Ornon, France
Virus Res 71:63-9. 2000..The CP construct was first tested in Nicotiana benthamiana in which it proved effective in producing transgenic plants with varying levels of CP expression...
- Tomato chocolate spot virus, a member of a new torradovirus species that causes a necrosis-associated disease of tomato in GuatemalaO Batuman
Department of Plant Pathology, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Arch Virol 155:857-69. 2010..A virus-like agent was sap-transmitted from diseased tissue to Nicotiana benthamiana and, when graft-transmitted to tomato, this agent induced chocolate spot symptoms...
- Suppression of local RNA silencing is not sufficient to promote cell-to-cell movement of Turnip crinkle virus in Nicotiana benthamianaYan Shi
Warwick HRI, University of Warwick, Warwick, Wellesbourne, UK
Plant Signal Behav 4:15-22. 2009....
- Co-infection by two criniviruses alters accumulation of each virus in a host-specific manner and influences efficiency of virus transmissionWilliam M Wintermantel
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Salinas, CA, USA
Phytopathology 98:1340-5. 2008..accumulation and transmission efficiency, we established Physalis wrightii and Nicotiana benthamiana source plants, containing either TICV or ToCV alone or both viruses together...
- Construction and properties of a gene-silencing vector based on Poplar mosaic virus (genus Carlavirus)M Naylor
NERC Centre for Ecology and Hydrology CEH Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR, UK
J Virol Methods 124:27-36. 2005..that the PopMV-derived gene-silencing vector was able to silence GFP expression in GFP transgenic Nicotiana benthamiana plants. The full-length genome of an Oxford isolate of PopMV (PV275) was cloned and sequenced...
- Suppressors of RNA silencing encoded by the components of the cotton leaf curl begomovirus-betasatellite complexImran Amin
National Institute for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, Faisalabad, Pakistan
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 24:973-83. 2011..Cotton leaf curl Multan alphasatellite [CLCuMA]) for their ability to suppress gene silencing in Nicotiana benthamiana. The results showed that CLCuMV by itself was unable to efficiently block silencing...
- Recovery of Nicotiana benthamiana plants from a necrotic response induced by a nepovirus is associated with RNA silencing but not with reduced virus titerJuan Jovel
Pacific Agri Food Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Summerland, BC, Canada
J Virol 81:12285-97. 2007..Early in infection, ToRSV induced a necrotic phenotype in Nicotiana benthamiana that showed characteristics typical of a hypersensitive response...
- S-glycoprotein-like protein regulates defense responses in Nicotiana plants against Ralstonia solanacearumMilimo Maimbo
Laboratory of Plant Pathology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kochi University, Nankoku 783 8502, Japan
Plant Physiol 152:2023-35. 2010..Therefore, we designated RsRGA4 as NtSGLP (for Nicotiana tabacum SGP-like protein) and NbSGLP (its Nicotiana benthamiana ortholog). NbSGLP is expressed in root, leaf, petal, gynoecium, and stamen...
- Rice dwarf phytoreovirus segment S6-encoded nonstructural protein has a cell-to-cell movement functionYi Li
Peking Yale Joint Center for Plant Molecular Genetics and Agrobiotechnology, The National Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
J Virol 78:5382-9. 2004..used for cobombardment with plasmids containing ORFs from RDV gene segments S1 through S12 onto leaves of Nicotiana benthamiana. Cell-to-cell movement of the movement-defective PVX was restored by cobombardment with a plasmid ..
- RNAi-mediated resistance to diverse isolates belonging to two virus species involved in Cassava brown streak diseaseBasavaprabhu L Patil
International Laboratory for Tropical Agricultural Biotechnology, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St Louis, MO 63132, USA
Mol Plant Pathol 12:31-41. 2011..coat protein (CP) gene of a Ugandan isolate of CBSUV (CBSUV-[UG:Nam:04]), and expressed constitutively in Nicotiana benthamiana. After challenge with CBSUV-[UG:Nam:04], plants homozygous for FL-CP showed the highest resistance, ..
- Subcellular localization of the barley stripe mosaic virus triple gene block proteinsHyoun Sub Lim
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, 94720, USA
J Virol 83:9432-48. 2009..We have now used Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated protein expression in Nicotiana benthamiana leaf cells and site-specific mutagenesis to determine how TGB protein interactions influence their ..
- Partial purification and characterization of Cucumber necrosis virus and Tomato bushy stunt virus RNA-dependent RNA polymerases: similarities and differences in template usage between tombusvirus and carmovirus RNA-dependent RNA polymerasesP D Nagy
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, 40546, USA
Virology 276:279-88. 2000..bushy stunt virus (TBSV) and Cucumber necrosis virus (CNV), have been partially purified from infected Nicotiana benthamiana plants...
- A host-factor interaction and localization map for a plant-adapted rhabdovirus implicates cytoplasm-tethered transcription activators in cell-to-cell movementByoung Eun Min
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 23:1420-32. 2010..cell-to-cell movement of plant-adapted rhabdoviruses, we constructed and validated a high-resolution Nicotiana benthamiana yeast two-hybrid library...
- Efficient virus-induced gene silencing in plants using a modified geminivirus DNA1 componentChangjun Huang
Statel Key Laboratory of Rice Biology, Institute of Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
Plant Biotechnol J 7:254-65. 2009..DNA1 vector and co-agroinoculated with TbCSV, efficient silencing of the cognate gene was observed in Nicotiana benthamiana plants...
- A virus-induced gene silencing screen identifies a role for Thylakoid Formation1 in Pseudomonas syringae pv tomato symptom development in tomato and ArabidopsisTamding Wangdi
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, Oklahoma 73401, USA
Plant Physiol 152:281-92. 2010..In this study, we utilized Nicotiana benthamiana and virus-induced gene silencing to individually reduce the expression of over 4,000 genes...
- Role of a xyloglucan-specific endo-beta-1,4-glucanase inhibitor in the interactions of Nicotiana benthamiana with Colletotrichum destructivum, C. orbiculare or Pseudomonas syringae pv. tabaciW Xie
Department of Environmental Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Mol Plant Pathol 9:191-202. 2008..endo-beta-1,4-glucanase inhibitor cDNA, NbXEGIP1, was amplified from diseased leaves of Nicotiana benthamiana. The sequence was similar to the tomato xyloglucan-specific endo-beta-1,4-glucanase inhibitor (XEGIP) and ..
- Comparative expression profiling of Nicotiana benthamiana leaves systemically infected with three fruit tree virusesChristopher Dardick
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Appalachian Fruit Research Station, Kearneysville, WV, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 20:1004-17. 2007..that are concomitant with virus symptoms, we performed comparative expression profiling experiments on Nicotiana benthamiana leaves infected with one of three different fruit tree viruses that produce distinct symptoms: Plum pox ..
- The conserved Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria effector protein XopX is a virulence factor and suppresses host defense in Nicotiana benthamianaMatthew Metz
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, 111 Koshland Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
Plant J 41:801-14. 2005b>Nicotiana benthamiana leaves display a visible plant cell death response when infiltrated with a high titer inoculum of the non-host pathogen, Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria (Xcv)...
- Variability in the level of RNA silencing suppression caused by triple gene block protein 1 (TGBp1) from various potexviruses during infectionHiroko Senshu
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Gen Virol 90:1014-24. 2009..b>Nicotiana benthamiana plants exhibiting RNA silencing of a green fluorescent protein (GFP) transgene showed reversal of GFP ..
- [New role for tobacco--production of biopharmaceuticals]Jaromir Budzianowski
Katedra i Zakład Botaniki Farmaceutycznej i Biotechnologii Roślin, Uniwersytet Medyczny im Karola Marcinkowskiego, Poznan
Przegl Lek 66:894-7. 2009..aquatic plants and mosses, the outstanding features posses two tobacco species--Nicotiana tabacum and Nicotiana benthamiana. Foreign proteins can be expressed in those plants not only in nuclear genome, but also easily in ..
- Satellite panicum mosaic virus capsid protein elicits symptoms on a nonhost plant and interferes with a suppressor of virus-induced gene silencingWenping Qiu
Department of Fruit Science, Southwest Missouri State University, Mountain Grove 65711, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 17:263-71. 2004..In this study, we tested the effects of SPMV CP on Nicotiana benthamiana, a plant that does not support PMV+SPMV infections...
- Assessing the expression of chicken anemia virus proteins in plantsCristiano Lacorte
Laboratory of Virology, Wageningen University, Binnenhaven 11, 6709 PD Wageningen, The Netherlands
Virus Res 129:80-6. 2007..b>Nicotiana benthamiana plants were inoculated with Agrobacterium tumefaciens containing the binary vector constructs or the PVX ..
- Identification and characterization of plant genes involved in Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation by virus-induced gene silencingAjith Anand
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, OK 73402, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 20:41-52. 2007..We have developed in planta and leaf-disk assays in Nicotiana benthamiana for identifying plant genes involved in Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation using virus-induced ..
- RNA-dependent RNA polymerase 6 delays accumulation and precludes meristem invasion of a viroid that replicates in the nucleusFrancesco Di Serio
Istituto di Virologia Vegetale CNR, Unità Organizzativa di Bari, Via Amendola 165 A, Bari, Italy
J Virol 84:2477-89. 2010..viruses and precluding their invasion of the apical growing tip has been documented using RDR6-silenced Nicotiana benthamiana (NbRDR6i) plants...
- Basal resistance against bacteria in Nicotiana benthamiana leaves is accompanied by reduced vascular staining and suppressed by multiple Pseudomonas syringae type III secretion system effector proteinsHye Sook Oh
Department of Plant Pathology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Plant J 44:348-59. 2005..This study demonstrates that basal resistance in the leaves of Nicotiana benthamiana is accompanied by reduced vascular flow into minor veins...
- Tobacco mosaic virus defective RNAs expressing C-terminal methyltransferase domain sequences are severely impaired in long-distance movement in Nicotiana benthamianaElisabeth Knapp
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Florida, Citrus Research and Education Center, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred, FL 33850, USA
Virology 367:82-91. 2007..In the current study we analyzed long-distance movement of dRNAs in the presence of helper virus in Nicotiana benthamiana. dRNAs expressing approximately 50% of the MT domain (DeltaHinc151) moved long-distances in more than half ..
- Reciprocal function of movement proteins and complementation of long-distance movement of Cymbidium mosaic virus RNA by Odontoglossum ringspot virus coat proteinPrabha Ajjikuttira
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, 14 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543, Singapore
J Gen Virol 86:1543-53. 2005..b>Nicotiana benthamiana, which is susceptible to both CymMV and ORSV, was used as a model system...
- Chimeras between oilseed rape mosaic virus and tobacco mosaic virus highlight the relevant role of the tobamoviral RdRp as pathogenicity determinant in several hostsCarmen Mansilla
Centro de Biotecnología y Genómica de Plantas UPM INIA, INIA, Ed Z Autopista A 6 km 7, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Mol Plant Pathol 10:59-68. 2009..viruses display a specific host range, although they share certain hosts, such as Arabidopsis thaliana, Nicotiana benthamiana and N. tabacum, on which they induce different symptoms...
- The Arabidopsis thaliana double-stranded RNA binding protein DRB1 directs guide strand selection from microRNA duplexesAndrew L Eamens
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation Plant Industry, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 2601, Australia
RNA 15:2219-35. 2009..Here, we use an artificial miRNA (amiRNA) technology, transiently expressed in Nicotiana benthamiana, to produce a series of amiRNA duplexes with differing intermolecular thermostabilities at the 5' end of ..
- High-throughput in planta expression screening identifies an ADP-ribosylation factor (ARF1) involved in non-host resistance and R gene-mediated resistanceBert Coemans
Laboratory of Tropical Crop Improvement, Division of Crop Biotechnics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 13, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Mol Plant Pathol 9:25-36. 2008..employing potato virus X-based overexpression in planta of a cDNA library derived from paraquat-treated Nicotiana benthamiana leaves...
- A systematic study to determine the extent of gene silencing in Nicotiana benthamiana and other Solanaceae species when heterologous gene sequences are used for virus-induced gene silencingM Senthil Kumar
Plant Biology Division, The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, 2510 Sam Noble Pky, Ardmore, OK 73401, USA
New Phytol 176:782-91. 2007..extent of phytoene desaturase (PDS) gene silencing was studied in various Solanaceous plant species using Nicotiana benthamiana NbPDS sequences...
- Genomic resources for Myzus persicae: EST sequencing, SNP identification, and microarray designJohn S Ramsey
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Tower Road, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
BMC Genomics 8:423. 2007..However, despite the significant damage inflicted by M. persicae in agricultural systems through direct feeding damage and by its ability to transmit plant viruses, limited genomic information is available for this species...
- Functional analysis of the final steps of the 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate (DXP) pathway to isoprenoids in plants using virus-induced gene silencingJonathan E Page
Leibniz Institut für Pflanzenbiochemie, 06120 Halle, Germany
Plant Physiol 134:1401-13. 2004..TRV-IspG and TRV-IspH infected Nicotiana benthamiana plants had albino leaves that contained less than 4% of the chlorophyll and carotenoid pigments of control ..
- HlMyb3, a putative regulatory factor in hop (Humulus lupulus L.), shows diverse biological effects in heterologous transgenotesJaroslav Matousek
Biology Centre of the ASCR, v v i Institute of Plant Molecular Biology, Branisovska 31, 370 05 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
J Agric Food Chem 55:7767-76. 2007..3 and 29.9 kDa, respectively, were analyzed as transgenes that were overexpressed in Arabidopsis thaliana, Nicotiana benthamiana, and Petunia hybrida plants...
- Transmission studies with Cassava brown streak Uganda virus (Potyviridae: Ipomovirus) and its interaction with abiotic and biotic factors in Nicotiana benthamianaEmmanuel Ogwok
International Laboratory for Tropical Agricultural Biotechnology, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, 975 N Warson Road, St Louis, MO 63132, USA
J Virol Methods 169:296-304. 2010..Efficient sap transmission of CBSUV/CBSV to the common laboratory host Nicotiana benthamiana is essential for both basic and applied studies of the virus...
- Reconstitution of the costunolide biosynthetic pathway in yeast and Nicotiana benthamianaQing Liu
Laboratory of Plant Physiology, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e23255. 2011..The catalytic activity of TpGAS, CiGAO and CiCOS was also verified in planta by transient expression in Nicotiana benthamiana. Mitochondrial targeting of TpGAS resulted in a significant increase in the production of germacrene A ..
- Kinetics of accumulation of citrus tristeza virus RNAsJ Navas-Castillo
Citrus Research and Education Center, University of Florida, Lake Alfred 33850, USA
Virology 228:92-7. 1997..T36 isolate of CTV were similar in protoplasts of the natural host, citrus, and the experimental nonhost Nicotiana benthamiana. Newly synthesized genomic RNA was detected 2 days postinoculation and increased to a maximum at 3-5 days...
- A functional genomics approach identifies candidate effectors from the aphid species Myzus persicae (green peach aphid)Jorunn I B Bos
Department of Disease and Stress Biology, The John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK
PLoS Genet 6:e1001216. 2010..A total of 48 effector candidates were identified, cloned, and subjected to transient overexpression in Nicotiana benthamiana to assay for elicitation of a phenotype, suppression of the Pathogen-Associated Molecular Pattern (PAMP)-..
- Diffusion of anionic and neutral GFP derivatives through plasmodesmata in epidermal cells of Nicotiana benthamianaSvetlana Dashevskaya
Department of Plant Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Protoplasma 234:13-23. 2008..This method allowed us to examine the influence of protein charge and R(S) on C(Pd) in Nicotiana benthamiana. The C(Pd) of modified green fluorescent proteins (GFPs) of different sizes but with the same charge as ..
- Nicotiana benthamiana plants transformed with the plum pox virus helicase gene are resistant to virus infectionA Wittner
Agricultural Biotechnology Center, Godollo, Hungary
Virus Res 53:97-103. 1998b>Nicotiana benthamiana Domin. plants were transformed with the cytoplasmic inclusion protein (CI) gene of plum pox potyvirus (PPV) to investigate, whether this non-structural protein would be able to confer resistance...
- Geminiviral vectors based on bean yellow dwarf virus for production of vaccine antigens and monoclonal antibodies in plantsQiang Chen
The Biodesign Institute and School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA
Hum Vaccin 7:331-8. 2011..yields of recombinant protein obtained within days after transient delivery of viral vectors to leaves of Nicotiana benthamiana, a tobacco relative. Modified viral genomes of both RNA and DNA viruses have been created...
- Analysis by virus induced gene silencing of the expression of two proline biosynthetic pathway genes in Nicotiana benthamiana under stress conditionsHsin Mei Ku
Department of Agronomy, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Plant Physiol Biochem 49:1147-54. 2011..6.1.13) was performed, separately or concomitantly, in four-week-old Nicotiana benthamiana. Leaf discs of VIGS-treated tobacco were subjected to the treatment of drought, abscisic acid (ABA), or ..
- The arginine-rich motif of Bamboo mosaic virus satellite RNA-encoded P20 mediates self-interaction, intracellular targeting, and cell-to-cell movementParamasivan Vijaya Palani
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 19:758-67. 2006..for a nonstructural, RNA-binding protein, P20, which facilitates the long-distance movement of satBaMV in Nicotiana benthamiana. Here, we elucidate various biological properties of P20 and the involvement of a single domain in its ..
- The hrpZ gene of Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola enhances resistance to rhizomania disease in transgenic Nicotiana benthamiana and sugar beetOurania I Pavli
Department of Crop Sciences, Agricultural University of Athens, Athens, Greece
PLoS ONE 6:e17306. 2011..sources of transgenic resistance to the rhizomania-causing Beet necrotic yellow vein virus (BNYVV), Nicotiana benthamiana plants were constructed to express the harpin of Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola (HrpZ(Psph))...
- Early events in the pathogenicity of Pseudomonas syringae on Nicotiana benthamianaDagmar R Hann
The Sainsbury Laboratory, John Innes Centre, Colney Lane, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Plant J 49:607-18. 2007..We show here that the solanaceous species Nicotiana benthamiana perceives the flagellin proteins of both pathogenic and non-host species of Pseudomonas syringae...
- A necrosis-inducing elicitor domain encoded by both symptomatic and asymptomatic Plantago asiatica mosaic virus isolates, whose expression is modulated by virus replicationKen Komatsu
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 24:408-20. 2011..RdRp) of Plantago asiatica mosaic virus (PlAMV), which affects PlAMV-induced systemic necrosis in Nicotiana benthamiana. By point-mutation analysis, we show that amino acid 1,154 alone is not sufficient for induction of ..
- Unusual long-distance movement strategies of Potato mop-top virus RNAs in Nicotiana benthamianaLesley Torrance
Department of Plant Biology and Forest Genetics, Uppsala Biocenter SLU, Sweden
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 22:381-90. 2009..The results indicate that PMTV RNA-CP can move long distance in two distinct forms: either as a viral ribonucleoprotein complex or as particles that are most likely associated with CP-RT and TGB1...
- Functional analysis of the naturally recombinant DNA-A of the bipartite begomovirus Tomato chlorotic mottle virusMariana R Fontenelle
Departamento de Bioquimica e Biologia Molecular, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, 36571 000 Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Virus Res 126:262-7. 2007..mottle virus), however, possesses as a peculiar characteristic the capacity to systemically infect Nicotiana benthamiana. Here we further characterize this variant DNA-A and show that it also infects Solanum lycopersicum and ..
- DspA/E, a type III effector of Erwinia amylovora, is required for early rapid growth in Nicotiana benthamiana and causes NbSGT1-dependent cell deathChang Sik Oh
Department of Plant Pathology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 4203, USA
Mol Plant Pathol 8:255-65. 2007..Transient expression of dspA/E in Nicotiana benthamiana or yeast induced cell death, as it does in N. tabacum and apple as described previously...
- SseF, a type III effector protein from the mammalian pathogen Salmonella enterica, requires resistance-gene-mediated signalling to activate cell death in the model plant Nicotiana benthamianaSuayib Ustün
Department Biologie, Lehrstuhl für Biochemie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
New Phytol 194:1046-60. 2012..approach in which we expressed selected T3Es from the mammalian pathogen Salmonella enterica in leaves of Nicotiana benthamiana and searched for possible virulence or avirulence phenotypes. • We show that the T3E SseF of S...
- NTRC and chloroplast-generated reactive oxygen species regulate Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato disease development in tomato and arabidopsisYasuhiro Ishiga
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, OK 73401, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 25:294-306. 2012..chloroplast) genes that play a role in COR-mediated chlorosis, we used a forward genetics approach using Nicotiana benthamiana and virus-induced gene silencing and identified a gene which encodes 2-Cys peroxiredoxin (Prxs) that, when ..
- The extreme N-terminal domain of a hordeivirus TGB1 movement protein mediates its localization to the nucleolus and interaction with fibrillarinMaria A Semashko
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, Leninsky Gory, Moscow, 119992, Russia
Biochimie 94:1180-8. 2012..This study demonstrates that transient expression of TGBp1 fused to GFP in Nicotiana benthamiana leaves results in faint but obvious fluorescence in the nucleolus in addition to cytosolic distribution...
- Multiple artificial microRNAs targeting conserved motifs of the replicase gene confer robust transgenic resistance to negative-sense single-stranded RNA plant virusYi Jung Kung
Department of Plant Pathology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Mol Plant Pathol 13:303-17. 2012..Processing of pre-amiRNAs was confirmed by agro-infiltration, and transgenic Nicotiana benthamiana plants expressing each amiRNA were generated...
- Molecular characterization of two sweepoviruses from China and evaluation of the infectivity of cloned SPLCV-JS in Nicotiana benthamianaHuiping Bi
National Key Laboratory of Plant Molecular Genetics, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 300 Fenglin Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Arch Virol 157:441-54. 2012..In Nicotiana benthamiana, an infectivity assay of the infectious SPLCV-JS clone resulted in mild symptoms and weak viral DNA ..
- Intron retention and 3'-UTR analysis of Arabidopsis Dicer-like 2 transcriptsQiongji He
College of Chemistry and Life Science, Zhejiang Normal University, Jinhua, 321004, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:3271-80. 2012..Intron 10 was more frequently retained and transient expression assays in Nicotiana benthamiana leaves showed that when AG/C at the 3' splicing site of the intron was changed to AG/G, the intron was ..
- Glycolate oxidase modulates reactive oxygen species-mediated signal transduction during nonhost resistance in Nicotiana benthamiana and ArabidopsisClemencia M Rojas
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, Oklahoma 73402, USA
Plant Cell 24:336-52. 2012..cascade associated with nonhost disease resistance, we used a virus-induced gene-silencing screen in Nicotiana benthamiana, and identified the peroxisomal enzyme glycolate oxidase (GOX) as an essential component of nonhost ..
- Pectobacterium carotovorum elicits plant cell death with DspE/F but the P. carotovorum DspE does not suppress callose or induce expression of plant genes early in plant-microbe interactionsHye Sook Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 24:773-86. 2011..bacterial soft rot pathogen Pectobacterium carotovorum causes a DspE/F-dependent plant cell death on Nicotiana benthamiana within 24 h postinoculation (hpi) followed by leaf maceration within 48 hpi. P...
- Evidence for RNA-mediated defence effects on the accumulation of Potato leafroll virusH Barker
Scottish Crop Research Institute, Invergowrie, Dundee DD2 5DA, UK
J Gen Virol 82:3099-106. 2001..We have explored this phenomenon further by transforming a better PLRV host, Nicotiana benthamiana, with the same transgene, by superinfecting transformed plants with Potato virus Y and by producing ..
- Characterisation of Sri Lankan cassava mosaic virus and Indian cassava mosaic virus: evidence for acquisition of a DNA B component by a monopartite begomovirusKeith Saunders
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Virology 293:63-74. 2002..ICMV was transmitted with low efficiency from cassava to Nicotiana benthamiana by sap inoculation to give leaf curl symptoms...
- Arabidopsis thaliana pattern recognition receptors for bacterial elongation factor Tu and flagellin can be combined to form functional chimeric receptorsMarkus Albert
Zentrum für Molekularbiologie der Pflanzen, Plant Biochemistry, University Tübingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 5, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 285:19035-42. 2010..Transient expression of tagged versions of EFR and EFR lacking its cytoplasmic domain in leaves of Nicotiana benthamiana resulted in functional binding sites for elf18...
- RNA-dependent RNA polymerase 1 from Nicotiana tabacum suppresses RNA silencing and enhances viral infection in Nicotiana benthamianaXiao Bao Ying
State Key Laboratory of Plant Genomics and National Center for Plant Gene Research Beijing, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100101, China
Plant Cell 22:1358-72. 2010..In this study, we show that Nicotiana benthamiana transformed with RDR1 from Nicotiana tabacum (Nt-RDR1 plants) exhibits hypersusceptibility to Plum pox ..
- Silencing of a viral RNA silencing suppressor in transgenic plantsEugene I Savenkov
Department of Plant Biology, Genetics Centre, SLU, Box 7080, S 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
J Gen Virol 83:2325-35. 2002..of the helper component proteinase (HC(pro)), a known virus suppressor of RNA silencing, were attained in Nicotiana benthamiana transformed with the HC(pro) cistron of Potato virus A (PVA, genus Potyvirus)...
- In situ characterization of Cymbidium Ringspot Tombusvirus infection-induced posttranscriptional gene silencing in Nicotiana benthamianaZoltan Havelda
Agricultural Biotechnology Centre, H 2101 Gödöllõ, Hungary
J Virol 77:6082-6. 2003..of PTGS-generated systemic signaling and is not required for viral replication or for viral movement in Nicotiana benthamiana. This unique feature of p19 suppressor allowed us to analyze the mechanism of PTGS-based host defense and ..
- Optimisation of the purification process of a tumour-targeting antibody produced in N. benthamiana using vacuum-agroinfiltrationRaffaele Lombardi
ENEA, Dipartimento BIOTEC, Sezione Genetica e Genomica Vegetale, C R Casaccia, Via Anguillarese 301, 00123, Rome, Italy
Transgenic Res 19:1083-97. 2010..that the tumour-targeting antibody mAb H10 can be transiently expressed and purified at high levels in Nicotiana benthamiana by using a vacuum-agroinfiltration system boosted by the use of a virus silencing suppressor protein...
- A functional genomics screen identifies diverse transcription factors that regulate alkaloid biosynthesis in Nicotiana benthamianaAndrea T Todd
Plant Biotechnology Institute, National Research Council of Canada, 110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 0W9
Plant J 62:589-600. 2010..of the nicotine pathway, we constructed two subtracted cDNA libraries from methyl jasmonate (MeJA)-treated Nicotiana benthamiana roots directly in a viral vector suitable for virus-induced gene silencing (VIGS)...
- HC-Pro, a potyvirus RNA silencing suppressor, cancels cycling of Cucumber mosaic virus in Nicotiana benthamiana plantsNoriho Fukuzawa
Plant Molecular Technology Research Group, Research Institute of Genome Based Biofactory, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 2 17 1 1 Tsukisamuhigashi Toyohira Ku, Sapporo 062 8517, Japan
Virus Genes 40:440-6. 2010The mixed infection of Cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) and a potyvirus has been known to increase CMV titer in Nicotiana benthamiana plants, resulting in synergistic viral symptoms...
- Repetitive prime-and-realign mechanism converts short capped RNA leaders into longer ones that may be more suitable for elongation during rice stripe virus transcription initiationMin Yao
Key Laboratory of Integrated Management of Crop Diseases and Pests, Ministry of Education, Department of Plant Pathology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, PR China
J Gen Virol 93:194-202. 2012..to serve as cap donors for rice stripe virus (RSV) transcription initiation during their co-infection of Nicotiana benthamiana. The 5' end of CMV RNAs was cleaved preferentially at residues that had multiple-base complementarity to ..
- Transient expression of antibodies in suspension plant cell suspension cultures is enhanced when co-transformed with the tomato bushy stunt virus p19 viral suppressor of gene silencingEric B Boivin
Bio P2 Research Unit, Dept of Chemical Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Centre Ville Station, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3A7
Biotechnol Prog 26:1534-43. 2010..with assess the impact of the viral suppressor p19 on a recombinant protein production performed in Nicotiana benthamiana suspension culture. A parental N...
- Rapid production of recombinant allergens in Nicotiana benthamiana and their impact on diagnosis and therapyH Breiteneder
Department of Pathophysiology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 124:48-50. 2001..Recombinant allergens have improved the diagnosis of allergic diseases and allow the formulation of new therapeutic approaches. Over 50% of all allergens are of plant origin...
- An unusual plant triterpene synthase with predominant ?-amyrin-producing activity identified by characterizing oxidosqualene cyclases from Malus × domesticaCyril Brendolise
The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited Plant and Food Research, Auckland, New Zealand
FEBS J 278:2485-99. 2011..MdOSC1 and MdOSC2 were expressed by transient expression in Nicotiana benthamiana leaves and by expression in the yeast Pichia methanolica...
- Potyviral VPg enhances viral RNA Translation and inhibits reporter mRNA translation in plantaKatri Eskelin
Department of Food and Environmental Sciences, P O Box 27, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Virol 85:9210-21. 2011..When expressed in Nicotiana benthamiana leaves in trans, a dual role of VPg in translation is observed...
- N-glycosylation engineering of plants for the biosynthesis of glycoproteins with bisected and branched complex N-glycansAlexandra Castilho
Department of Applied Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Glycobiology 21:813-23. 2011..Glycoengineered Nicotiana benthamiana lacking plant-specific N-glycosylation (i.e...
- The enigma of pX: A host-dependent cis-acting element with variable effects on tombusvirus RNA accumulationH B Scholthof
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Virology 237:56-65. 1997..codon, all gave rise to TBSV mutants which were unable to accumulate to detectable levels in cucumber or Nicotiana benthamiana protoplasts...
- Assessment of CaMV-mediated gene silencing and integration of CaMV into GM plants with a 35S RNA promoterJulie Squires
Scottish Crop Research Institute, Invergowrie, Dundee DD2 5DA, UK
Environ Biosafety Res 6:259-70. 2007Four GM plant species (Arabidopsis thaliana, Brassica napus, Nicotiana benthamiana and N...
- Nicotiana benthamiana resistance to non-adapted Melon necrotic spot virus results from an incompatible interaction between virus RNA and translation initiation factor 4ECristina Nieto
Centro de Edafología y Biología Aplicada del Segura CEBAS, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, PO Box 164, 30100 Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
Plant J 66:492-501. 2011b>Nicotiana benthamiana has been described as non-host for Melon necrotic spot virus (MNSV)...
- Potato virus X movement in Nicotiana benthamiana: new details revealed by chimeric coat protein variantsCamilla Betti
Unità Tecnica Biologia delle Radiazioni e Salute dell Uomo, Laboratorio di Biotecnologie, ENEA CR Casaccia, Via Anguillarese 301, 00123, Rome, Italy
Mol Plant Pathol 13:198-203. 2012..b>Nicotiana benthamiana plants inoculated with expression vectors encoding the wild-type, mutant and chimeric viral genomes were ..
- Molecular studies on bromovirus capsid protein. III. Analysis of cell-to-cell movement competence of coat protein defective variants of cowpea chlorotic mottle virusA L Rao
Department of Plant Pathology, University of California, Riverside 92521 0122, USA
Virology 232:385-95. 1997..Primary leaves of Nicotiana benthamiana, Chenopodium quinoa, and cowpea were co-inoculated with wild-type (wt) CCMV RNA 1 and -2 and either C3/..
- Identification of a major pathogenicity determinant and suppressors of RNA silencing encoded by a South Pacific isolate of Banana bunchy top virus originating from PakistanImran Amin
Agricultural Biotechnology Division, National Institute for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, P O Box 577, Jhang Road, Faisalabad, Pakistan
Virus Genes 42:272-81. 2011Five genes encoded by Banana bunchy top virus (BBTV) originating from Pakistan were expressed in Nicotiana benthamiana using a Potato virus X (PVX) vector...
- Virus-induced gene silencing can persist for more than 2 years and also be transmitted to progeny seedlings in Nicotiana benthamiana and tomatoMuthappa Senthil-Kumar
Plant Biology Division, The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, OK, USA
Plant Biotechnol J 9:797-806. 2011..in plants upon silencing to study persistence and transmittance of VIGS to progeny in two plant species, Nicotiana benthamiana and tomato...
- A protease activity-depleted environment for heterologous proteins migrating towards the leaf cell apoplastCharles Goulet
Departement de Phytologie, Universite Laval, Pavillon des Services INAF, Quebec, QC, Canada Medicago, Inc, Quebec, QC, Canada
Plant Biotechnol J 10:83-94. 2012..Transient expression assays with the model platform Nicotiana benthamiana were then performed to test the efficiency of protease inhibitors in stabilizing proteins targeted to the ..
- Transient expression of Arabidopsis thaliana ascorbate peroxidase 3 in Nicotiana benthamiana plants infected with recombinant potato virus XC Escobar
Departamento de Biologia Vegetal, Facultad de Ciencias Ambientales, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Campus de la Fábrica de Armas, 45003, Toledo, Spain
Plant Cell Rep 21:699-704. 2003We have explored the transient over-expression of Arabidopsis thaliana ascorbate peroxidase 3 (APX3) in Nicotiana benthamiana using a viral vector based on the potato virus X (PVX)...
- Plant virus expression systems for transient production of recombinant allergens in Nicotiana benthamianaBirgit Wagner
Department of Pathophysiology, University of Vienna, General Hospital Vienna, EBO 3Q, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Methods 32:227-34. 2004..tobacco mosaic virus- and potato virus X-based vectors for the transient expression of plant allergens in Nicotiana benthamiana plants...
- Preserved antigenicity of HIV-1 p24 produced and purified in high yields from plants inoculated with a tobacco mosaic virus (TMV)-derived vectorD M Pérez-Filgueira
School of Biological Sciences, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588 0118, USA
J Virol Methods 121:201-8. 2004..of structural proteins from foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) and bovine herpes virus (BHV-1) in Nicotiana benthamiana through the use of a tobacco mosaic virus-based vector (TMV-30B) has been reported previously...
- Functional characterization of a stilbene synthase gene using a transient expression system in plantaJose Condori
Arkansas Biosciences Institute, Arkansas State University, AR 72467, USA
Plant Cell Rep 28:589-99. 2009..Arachis hypogaea) was studied using an Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transient expression system in Nicotiana benthamiana leaves. Functional analysis of RS was demonstrated by tracking its expression during 96 h...
- Indirect activation of a plant nucleotide binding site-leucine-rich repeat protein by a bacterial proteaseJules Ade
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405 7107, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:2531-6. 2007..When transiently expressed in Nicotiana benthamiana leaves, full-length RPS5 protein triggered programmed cell death, but only when coexpressed with AvrPphB ..
- A polygalacturonase-inhibiting protein from grapevine reduces the symptoms of the endopolygalacturonase BcPG2 from Botrytis cinerea in Nicotiana benthamiana leaves without any evidence for in vitro interactionDirk A Joubert
Institute for Wine Biotechnology, Department of Viticulture and Oenology, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, 7600, South Africa
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 20:392-402. 2007..BcPG1 to BcPG6) as well as mutated forms of BcPG1 and BcPG2 were expressed transiently in leaves of Nicotiana benthamiana using agroinfiltration...
- Breaking Tolerance to a Tumor associated AntigenScott Bingham; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have inserted this fusion protein into a plant expression cassette and transformed Nicotiana benthamiana and Lycopersicon esculentum (tomato) with the resulting construct...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF RNA VIRUS-HOST INTERACTIONJAMES CARRINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..The plan also exploits Arabidopsis and Nicotiana benthamiana to explore virus-host interactions involved in virus-mediated suppression of RNA silencing defense and RNA-..
- Rhabdovirus phosphoproteins: RNA silencing and complex formationMichael Goodin; Fiscal Year: 2007....