Alias: Asteraceae, Compositae
Publications167 found, 100 shown here
- Erythema multiforme due to contact with weeds: a recurrence after patch testingM Jovanovic
Medical Faculty of Novi Sad, University of Novi Sad, Clinic for Dermatovenerologic Diseases, Clinical Center, Yugoslavia
Contact Dermatitis 48:17-25. 2003..obtained with fresh leaves: common chickweed (Stellaria media Caryophyllaceae), dandelion (Taraxacum officinale Compositae), field-milk thistle (Sonchus arvensis Compositae) and white clover (Trifolium repens Leguminosae)...
- The antiprotozoal activity of sixteen asteraceae species native to Sudan and bioactivity-guided isolation of xanthanolides from Xanthium brasilicumAmal M M Nour
Institut für Pharmazeutische Biologie und Phytochemie IPBP, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany
Planta Med 75:1363-8. 2009In vitro screening of the dichloromethane extracts of 16 Asteraceae species native to Sudan for activity against major protozoan pathogens revealed that a Xanthium brasilicum Vell. [syn. X. strumarium var. brasilicum (Vell.) Baker in Mart...
- Chemical constituents and biological activities of Galinsoga parviflora cav. (Asteraceae) from EgyptIslam Mostafa
Pharmacognosy Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Zagazig University, 44519 Zagazig, Egypt
Z Naturforsch C 68:285-92. 2013The phytochemical investigation of an aqueous ethanolic extract of Galinsoga parviflora Cav. (Asteraceae) resulted in the isolation and identification of eleven compounds namely: triacontanol, phytol, beta-sitosterol, stigmasterol, 7-..
- Ethnoveterinary medicines used to treat endoparasites and stomach problems in pigs and pets in British Columbia, CanadaCheryl Lans
BCICS, University of Victoria, British Columbia V8W 2Y2, Canada
Vet Parasitol 148:325-40. 2007..Schmidt, Artemisia vulgaris L., Artemisia annua, Calendula officinalis L., Echinacea purpurea (L.) Moench (all Asteraceae), Mentha piperita L. and Salvia officinalis L. (Lamiaceae) (Allium sativum L. (Alliaceae), Cucurbita pepo L...
- Alkyl, aryl, alkylarylquinoline, and related alkaloidsMaria Fátima das Graças Fernandes da Silva
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Sao Carlos, Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
Alkaloids Chem Biol 64:139-214. 2007..1) in the Asteraceae family...
- Circum-Mediterranean cultural heritage and medicinal plant uses in traditional animal healthcare: a field survey in eight selected areas within the RUBIA projectAndrea Pieroni
SCH Group, Department of Social Sciences, Wageningen University and Research Centres, Postbus 8060 6700 DA Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 2:16. 2006..One hundred and thirty-six veterinary preparations and 110 plant taxa were recorded in the survey, with Asteraceae and Lamiaceae being the most quoted botanical families...
- Lettuce mosaic virus: from pathogen diversity to host interactorsSylvie German-Retana
UMR1090 Génomique Diversité Pouvoir Pathogène, INRA Université de Bordeaux 2, F 33883 Villenave d Ornon, France
Mol Plant Pathol 9:127-36. 2008..Lettuce mosaic virus (LMV) belongs to the genus Potyvirus (type species Potato virus Y) in the family Potyviridae...
- Shadows of the colonial past--diverging plant use in Northern Peru and Southern EcuadorRainer W Bussmann
William L, Brown Center, Missouri Botanical Garden, PO Box 299, St Louis, MO 63166 0299, USA
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 5:4. 2009..The families best represented were Asteraceae with 69 species, Fabaceae (35), Lamiaceae (25), and Solanaceae (21)...
- Remedies containing Asteraceae extracts: a prospective observational study of prescribing patterns and adverse drug reactions in German primary careElke Jeschke
Havelhoehe Research Institute, 14089 Berlin, Germany
Drug Saf 32:691-706. 2009..Among herbal medicines, those containing extracts of Asteraceae (Compositae), such as Echinacea spp...
- Effect of smoke, charred wood, and nitrogenous compounds on seed germination of ten species from woodland in central-western SpainM A Pérez-Fernández
Ecology Department, University of Extremadura, Avenida de Elvas s n, 06071 Badajoz, Spain
J Chem Ecol 29:237-51. 2003..wood, and nitrogenous compounds on germination was tested on 10 species of the Cistaceae, Poaceae, Fabaceae, and Asteraceae, from fire-prone, shrubby woodlands in central-western Spain...
- Sesquiterpene lactone mix patch testing supplemented with dandelion extract in patients with allergic contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis and non-allergic chronic inflammatory skin diseasesM Jovanovic
Medical Faculty of Novi Sad, Clinic for Dermatovenerologic Diseases, Clinical Center, University of Novi Sad, Serbia and Montenegro
Contact Dermatitis 51:101-10. 2004We investigated the value of patch testing with dandelion (Compositae) extract in addition to sesquiterpene lactone (SL) mix in selected patients...
- The effect of polyphenolic-polysaccharide conjugates from selected medicinal plants of Asteraceae family on the peroxynitrite-induced changes in blood platelet proteinsJoanna Saluk-Juszczak
Department of General Biochemistry, University of Łódź, 90 237 Łódź, Banacha 12 16, Poland
Int J Biol Macromol 47:700-5. 2010Lots of plants belonging to Asteraceae family are very popular in folk medicine in Poland. These plants are also known as being rich in acidic polysaccharides, due to the presence of hexuronic acids or its derivatives...
- Studies on effects of indigenous plant extracts on filarial vector Culex tritaeniorhynchus GilesG Elango
Unit of Bioactive Natural Products, Post Graduate and Research Department of Zoology, C Abdul Hakeem College, Melvisharam, 632 509, Vellore District, Tamil Nadu, India
Parasitol Res 107:167-76. 2010..f.) Wall. ex Nees. (Acanthaceae), Cocculus hirsutus (L.) Diels (Menispermaceae), Eclipta prostrata L. (Asteraceae) and Tagetes erecta L...
- Cloning and functional analysis of a high DP fructan:fructan 1-fructosyl transferase from Echinops ritro (Asteraceae): comparison of the native and recombinant enzymesWim Van den Ende
KU Leuven, Laboratory of Molecular Plant Physiology, Kasteelpark Arenberg 31, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
J Exp Bot 57:775-89. 2006..A natural variation in the degree of polymerization (DP) of inulins is observed within the family of the Asteraceae. Globe thistle (Echinops ritro), artichoke (Cynara scolymus), and Viguiera discolor biosynthesize fructans with ..
- Assessment of heavy metal pollution in Republic of Macedonia using a plant assayDarinka Gjorgieva
University Goce Delčev, Štip, Republic of Macedonia
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 60:233-40. 2011..Urticaceae), Robinia pseudoacacia L. (Fabaceae), Taraxacum officinale (Asteraceae), and Matricaria recutita (Asteraceae)-were evaluated as possible bioindicators of heavy-metal pollution in ..
- Acquired and partially de novo synthesized pyrrolizidine alkaloids in two polyphagous arctiids and the alkaloid profiles of their larval food-plantsT Hartmann
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Mendelssohnstrasse 1 D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
J Chem Ecol 30:229-54. 2004..The principle PA sources are Senecio longilobus (Asteraceae) and Crotalaria pumila (Fabaceae). The known PA pattern of S...
- Antifungal and antibacterial activities of Mexican tarragon (Tagetes lucida)Carlos L Cespedes
Laboratorio de Fitoquimica, UBIPRO FES Iztacala, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Avenida de los Barrios s n, Los Reyes Iztacala, Tlalnepantla, Estado de Mexico, C P 5409, Mexico
J Agric Food Chem 54:3521-7. 2006Mexican tarragon (Tagetes lucida Cv. Asteraceae: Campanulatae) is an important, nutritious plant and an effective herbal medicine...
- [Compositae dermatitis]Marina Jovanovic
Klinika za kozno venericne bolesti Klinicki centar, Novi Sad
Med Pregl 56:43-9. 2003b>Compositae dermatitis is an allergic contact dermatitis caused by plant species of the Compositae family. The first report of a cutaneous reaction to the Chrysanthemum genus was made by Howe JS in 1887...
- An ethnobotanical survey of medicinal plants commercialized in the markets of La Paz and El Alto, BoliviaManuel J Macía
Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid CSIC, Plaza de Murillo 2, E 28014 Madrid, Spain
J Ethnopharmacol 97:337-50. 2005..The most important family was Asteraceae with 22 species, followed by Fabaceae s.l. with 11, and Solanaceae with eight...
- Effect of arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) colonization on terpene emission and content of Artemisia annua LF Rapparini
Biometeorology Institute, IBIMET CNR, Via P Gobetti 101, 40129 Bologna, Italy
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 10:108-22. 2008..plants (Asteraceae)...
- Properties of fructan:fructan 1-fructosyltransferases from chicory and globe thistle, two Asteracean plants storing greatly different types of inulinRudy Vergauwen
K U Leuven, Laboratory for Developmental Biology, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Plant Physiol 133:391-401. 2003Remarkably, within the Asteraceae, a species-specific fructan pattern can be observed...
- Screening for alternative antibiotics: an investigation into the antimicrobial activities of medicinal food plants of MauritiusM F Mahomoodally
Dept of Health Sciences, Faculty of Science, Univ of Mauritius, Reduit, Mauritius
J Food Sci 75:M173-7. 2010..was designed to evaluate the antimicrobial activities of 2 endemic medicinal plants; Faujasiopsis flexuosa (Asteraceae) (FF) and Pittosporum senacia (Pittosporaceae) (PS) and 2 exotic medicinal plants, Momordica charantia (..
- cDNA cloning, heterologous expressions, and functional characterization of malonyl-coenzyme a:anthocyanidin 3-o-glucoside-6"-o-malonyltransferase from dahlia flowersHirokazu Suzuki
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, Aoba yama 07, Sendai 980 8579, Japan
Plant Physiol 130:2142-51. 2002In the flowers of important ornamental Compositae plants, anthocyanins generally carry malonyl group(s) at their 3-glucosyl moiety...
- Acquisition, transformation and maintenance of plant pyrrolizidine alkaloids by the polyphagous arctiid Grammia geneuraT Hartmann
Institut für Pharmazeutische Biologie der Technischen Universität Braunschweig, Mendelssohnstrasse 1, D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 35:1083-99. 2005..maintained through all life-stages include various classes of macrocyclic diesters (typically occurring in the Asteraceae tribe Senecioneae and Fabaceae), macrocyclic triesters (Apocynaceae) and open-chain esters of the lycopsamine ..
- Specific recognition, detoxification and metabolism of pyrrolizidine alkaloids by the polyphagous arctiid Estigmene acreaT Hartmann
Institut für Pharmazeutische Biologie der Technischen Universität Braunschweig, Mendelssohnstrasse 1, D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 35:391-411. 2005..e. Asteraceae with the tribes Senecioneae and Eupatorieae, Boraginaceae, Fabaceae, Apocynaceae and Orchidaceae...
- Residues and half-lives of pyrethrins on field-grown pepper and tomatoGeorge F Antonious
Community Research Service, Land Grant Program, Atwood Research Facility, Department of Plant and Soil Science, Kentucky State University, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601 2355, USA
J Environ Sci Health B 39:491-503. 2004The dried flower heads of Tanacetum cinerariifolium Trev. (Family: Compositae) contain insecticidal compounds collectively called "pyrethrins...
- Clinical cross-reactivity between Artemisia vulgaris and Matricaria chamomilla (chamomile)F de la Torre Morin
Hospital Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 11:118-22. 2001..Cross-reactivity with hazelnut, kiwi, birch, several Compositae (Ambrosia, Chrysanthemum, Matricaria, Solidago) and grass allergens has been suggested...
- Effect of sodium azulene sulfonate on capsaicin-induced pharyngitis in ratsHiroyasu Sakai
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Hoshi University, 2 4 41 Ebara, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 96:54-9. 2005..is a water-soluble derivative of azulene which is an antiinflammatory component of chamomile of the family of Asteraceae. Sodium azulene sulfonate is clinically used as a therapeutic agent in the treatment of pharyngitis as well as ..
- Comparison of the anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive effects of three medicinal plants known as "Snow Lotus" herb in traditional Uighur and Tibetan medicinesTao Yi
School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, PR China
J Ethnopharmacol 128:405-11. 2010Saussurea involucrata (Kar. et Kir.) Sch.-Bip. (Compositae) has long been used under the herbal name "Snow Lotus" for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, stomachache and dysmenorrhea in Uighur folk medicine...
- Viper and cobra venom neutralization by beta-sitosterol and stigmasterol isolated from the root extract of Pluchea indica Less. (Asteraceae)A Gomes
Laboratory of Toxinology and Experimental Pharmacodynamics, Department of Physiology, University of Calcutta, 92, A P C Road, Kolkata 700 009, India
Phytomedicine 14:637-43. 2007We reported previously that the methanolic root extract of the Indian medicinal plant Pluchea indica Less. (Asteraceae) could neutralize viper venom-induced action [Alam, M.I., Auddy, B., Gomes, A., 1996...
- Insect antifeedant activity of flavones and chromones against Spodoptera lituraMasanori Morimoto
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Kinki University, Nakamachi, Nara 3327 204, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 51:389-93. 2003..Don (Compositae)...
- Study of the topical anti-inflammatory activity of Achillea ageratum on chronic and acute inflammation modelsM A Gomez
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Z Naturforsch C 54:937-41. 1999..The topical anti-inflammatory effect of the chloroform extract from Achillea ageratum (Asteraceae) and of stigmasterol and beta-sitosterol, isolated of this extract has been evaluated, against to 12-0-..
- Phytochemical screening and antibacterial activities of Vernonia ambigua, Vernonia blumeoides and Vernonia oocephala (Asteraceae)Abubakar B Aliyu
Department of Chemistry, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Nigeria
Acta Pol Pharm 68:67-73. 2011..The overall results indicate that the extracts/fractions are potent antibacterial preparations at least in vitro. This lends credence to the use of these plants for the treatment of various infectious diseases...
- Novel hypotensive agents from Verbesina caracasana: structure, synthesis and pharmacologyBruno Botta
Dipartimento di Studi di Chimica e Tecnologia delle Sostanze Biologicamente Attive, Universit La Sapienza, 00185 Roma, Italy
Curr Med Chem 10:1845-62. 2003..A crude methanol extract of the Venezuelan plant Verbesina caracasana Fries (Compositae), intravenously administered to mice, was found to induce biological effects such as erection of hair, initial ..
- Essential oil of Artemisia scoparia inhibits plant growth by generating reactive oxygen species and causing oxidative damageHarminder Pal Singh
Centre for Environment and Vocational Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
J Chem Ecol 35:154-62. 2009..et Kit. (red stem wormwood, Asteraceae). GC/GC-MS analyses revealed 33 chemical constituents representing 99.83% of the oil...
- Coevolution with higher taxonomic host groups within the Puccinia/Uromyces rust lineage obscured by host jumpsMarlien M Van der Merwe
CSIRO Plant Industry, GPO Box 1600, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Mycol Res 112:1387-408. 2008..The grouping in clade I, subclade E of rusts of Cyperaceae and Asteraceae and, in particular, of an Australian isolate of P...
- Satellite-DNA evolutionary patterns under a complex evolutionary scenario: the case of Acrolophus subgroup (Centaurea L., Compositae) from the western MediterraneanVíctor N Suárez-Santiago
Departamento de Botanica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain
Gene 404:80-92. 2007Within the genus Centaurea (subtribe Centaureinae, tribe Cardueae, Compositae) hybridizations and reticulate-evolution phenomena have widely been recognized...
- In vitro antimicrobial activity of extracts and compounds of some selected medicinal plants from CameroonEmmanuel Jean Teinkela Mbosso
Laboratoire de Substances Naturelles et Synthèse Organique, Département de Chimie Organique, Faculte des Sciences, Universite de Yaounde I, BP 812 Yaounde, Cameroon
J Ethnopharmacol 128:476-81. 2010Seven extracts and eight compounds from four selected Cameroonian medicinal plants, Solanecio mannii Hook f. (Asteraceae), Monodora myristica Dunal (Annonaceae), Albizia gummifera (J.F. Gmel) C.A...
- Red list plants: colonization by arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and dark septate endophytesB Fuchs
Department of Botany, University of Salzburg, Hellbrunnerstrasse 34, A 5020, Austria
Mycorrhiza 14:277-81. 2004..importance for their potential re-establishment, we determined the mycorrhizal status of Serratula tinctoria (Asteraceae), Betonica officinalis (Lamiaceae), Drosera intermedia (Droseraceae) and Lycopodiella inundata (Lycopodiaceae), ..
- Tissue distribution, core biosynthesis and diversification of pyrrolizidine alkaloids of the lycopsamine type in three Boraginaceae speciesCordula Frölich
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Mendelssohnstrasse 1, D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Phytochemistry 68:1026-37. 2007..the core pathway, homospermidine synthase, evolved independently in the Boraginaceae and, for instance, in the Asteraceae [Reimann, A., Nurhayati, N., Backenkohler, A., Ober, D., 2004...
- Genome size variation and species relationships in Hieracium sub-genus Pilosella (Asteraceae) as inferred by flow cytometryJan Suda
Department of Botany, Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague, Benatska 2, CZ 128 01 Prague, Czech Republic
Ann Bot 100:1323-35. 2007..In this study, genome size variation was investigated in a representative set of Central European hawkweeds in order to assess the value of such a data set for species delineation and inference of evolutionary relationships...
- Composition and anti-insect activity of essential oils from Tagetes L. species (Asteraceae, Helenieae) on Ceratitis capitata Wiedemann and Triatoma infestans KlugSandra B López
Instituto de Biotecnología, Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad Nacional de San Juan, San Juan, Argentina
J Agric Food Chem 59:5286-92. 2011Essential oils from four species of the genus Tagetes L. (Asteraceae, Helenieae) collected in Tucumán province, Argentina, were evaluated for their chemical composition, toxicity, and olfactory activity on Mediterranean fruit fly ..
- Diuretic activity of the aqueous extracts of Carum carvi and Tanacetum vulgare in normal ratsSanaa Lahlou
UFR Physiology Pharmacology, Laboratory of Animal Physiology, Department of Biology, Fez, Morocco
J Ethnopharmacol 110:458-63. 2007..Apiaceae) and the leaves of Tanacetum vulgare L. (Asteraceae/Compositae), two widely available plant materials, are used as diuretics...
- Radiation and diversification within the Ligularia-Cremanthodium-Parasenecio complex (Asteraceae) triggered by uplift of the Qinghai-Tibetan PlateauJian Quan Liu
Qinghai Tibetan Plateau Biological Evolution and Adaptation Laboratory, Northwest Plateau Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Xining 810001, Qinghai, China
Mol Phylogenet Evol 38:31-49. 2006The Ligularia-Cremanthodium-Parasenecio (L-C-P) complex of the Tussilagininae (Asteraceae: Senecioneae) contains more than 200 species that are endemic to the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau in eastern Asia...
- The effect of flavonol glycosides on opiate withdrawalAnna Capasso
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo, 84084, Fisciano, Salerno, Italia
Med Chem 3:327-31. 2007..has been centered on flavonol glycosides from Croton Menthodorus (Euphorbiaceae) and Aristeguietia discolor (Asteraceae)...
- Transgenic production of epoxy fatty acids by expression of a cytochrome P450 enzyme from Euphorbia lagascae seedEdgar B Cahoon
DuPont Crop Genetics, Experimental Station, Wilmington, DE 19880 0402, USA
Plant Physiol 128:615-24. 2002Seed oils of a number of Asteraceae and Euphorbiaceae species are enriched in 12-epoxyoctadeca-cis-9-enoic acid (vernolic acid), an unusual 18-carbon Delta(12)-epoxy fatty acid with potential industrial value...
- Evaluation of the anti-ulcerogenic effect of sesquiterpene lactones from Centaurea solstitialis L. ssp. solstitialis by using various in vivo and biochemical techniquesIlhan Gurbuz
Gazi University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacognosy, Etiler, 06330 Ankara, Turkey
J Ethnopharmacol 112:284-91. 2007..solstitialis (Asteraceae). In this study, these compounds were investigated by using various in vivo ulcer models in rats and mice...
- Novel repeated DNA sequences in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) (Asteraceae): cloning, sequencing, and physical mapping by fluorescence in situ hybridizationS N Raina
Kihara Institute for Biological Research and Graduate School of Integrated Sciences, Yokohama City University, 641 12 Maioka cho, Totsuka ku, Yokohama 244 0813, Japan
J Hered 96:424-9. 2005..repeated sequence, showing partial homology to intergenic spacer (IGS) of 18S-25S ribosomal RNA genes of an Asteraceae taxon (Centaurea stoebe), and the 18S-25S rRNA gene clusters were located at independent, but juxtaposed sites ..
- Phylogenetic origins of the Himalayan endemic Dolomiaea, Diplazoptilon and Xanthopappus (Asteraceae: Cardueae) based on three DNA regionsYu Jin Wang
Key Laboratory of Qinghai Tibetan Plateau Ecological Adaptation, Northwest Plateau Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Xining 810008, Qinghai, China
Ann Bot 99:311-22. 2007..In the present study, the phylogenetic relationships and origins of three such endemic genera were analysed, Dolomiaea, Diplazoptilon and Xanthopappus, all in the tribe Cardueae of Asteraceae.
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antifungal activity of Chuquiraga spinosaRaquel Casado
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Pharm Biol 49:620-6. 2011Stem and leaves infusion of Chuquiraga spinosa (R&P) Don. (Asteraceae) is used in the Peruvian traditional medicine for its anti-inflammatory properties and for the treatment of vaginal infections.
- The In Vitro Effects of Aqueous and Ethanolic Extracts of the Leaves of Ageratum conyzoides (Asteraceae) on Three Life Cycle Stages of the Parasitic Nematode Heligmosomoides bakeri (Nematoda: Heligmosomatidae)J Wabo Pone
Department of Animal Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Dschang, P O Box 067, Dschang, Cameroon
Vet Med Int 2011:140293. 2011..out to determine the ovicidal and larvicidal activity of aqueous and ethanolic extracts of Ageratum conyzoides (Asteraceae) leaves on the eggs (unembryonated and embryonated), first and second larval stages of Heligmosomoides bakeri...
- A source of almost pure methyl chavicol: volatile oil from the aerial parts of Tagetes lucida (Asteraceae) cultivated in Costa RicaJosé F Cicció
Centro de Investigaciones en Productos Naturales CIPRONA y Escuela de Química, Universidad de Costa Rica, 2060 San Jose, Costa Rica
Rev Biol Trop 52:853-7. 2004..Thirty compounds were identified, of which methyl chavicol (95-97%) was the major constituent. From flower oil, two bithienyls were detected as minor constituents...
- Screening for acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity in plant extracts from ArgentinaMaría C Carpinella
Fine Chemical and Natural Products Laboratory, School of Chemistry, Catholic University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina
Phytother Res 24:259-63. 2010..Organic fractions obtained from extracts of Achyrocline tomentosa (Asteraceae), Eupatorium viscidum (Asteraceae), Ruprechtia apetala (Polygonaceae) Trichocline reptans (Asteraceae) and ..
- Linkage of 35S and 5S rRNA genes in Artemisia (family Asteraceae): first evidence from angiospermsSonia Garcia
Laboratori de Botànica, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Chromosoma 118:85-97. 2009..The linked arrangement probably evolved before the divergence of Artemisia from the rest of Asteraceae (>10 Myrs)...
- The biochemistry of Rubisco in FlaveriaDavid S Kubien
Department of Biology, The University of New Brunswick, Box 4400, Fredericton, New Brunswick, E3B 5A3, Canada
J Exp Bot 59:1767-77. 2008..K(o)) and RuBP (K(m-RuBP)), were measured at 25 degrees C, in Rubisco purified from 16 species of Flaveria (Asteraceae)...
- Medicinal smokesAbdolali Mohagheghzadeh
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Islamic Republic of Iran
J Ethnopharmacol 108:161-84. 2006..Most of the 265 plant species of mono-ingredient remedies studied belong to Asteraceae (10.6%), followed by Solanaceae (10.2%), Fabaceae (9.8%) and Apiaceae (5.3%)...
- Yin Chen Hao Tang, a Chinese prescription, inhibits both herpes simplex virus type-1 and type-2 infections in vitroHua Yew Cheng
Department of Cosmetic Applications and Management, Tung Fang Institute of Technology, 829 Kaohsiung County, Taiwan
Antiviral Res 77:14-9. 2008..The prescription contains three Chinese herbs, namely Artemisia capillaries Thunb. (Compositae), Rheum officinale Baillon (Polygonaceae), and Gardenia jasminoids Ellis (Rubiaceae), and has been widely used ..
- Host-associated genetic differentiation in the goldenrod elliptical-gall moth, Gnorimoschema gallaesolidaginis (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae)John D Nason
Department of Botany, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
Evolution 56:1475-88. 2002..altissima and S. gigantea (Asteraceae). We tested for host-associated genetic differentiation in G...
- Pattern of cross-sensitivity between 4 Compositae plants, Parthenium hysterophorus, Xanthium strumarium, Helianthus annuus and Chrysanthemum coronarium, in Indian patientsT Nandakishore
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Contact Dermatitis 30:162-7. 1994To assess the pattern of cross-sensitivity between 4 members of the Compositae family, namely Parthenium hysterophorus L., Xanthium strumarium L., Helanthus annuus L. and Chrysanthemum coronarium L...
- In vitro effects of Warburgia ugandensis, Psiadia punctulata and Chasmanthera dependens on Leishmania major promastigotesEdward K Githinji
University of Nairobi, Kenya
Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med 7:264-75. 2010Plant extracts from Warburgia ugandensis Sprague (Family: Canellaceae), Psiadia punctulata Vatke (Family: Compositae) and Chasmanthera dependens Hoschst (Family: Menispermaceae) were tested for activity on Leishmania major promastigotes (..
- Molecular phylogeny and evolution of the genus Neoerysiphe (Erysiphaceae, Ascomycota)Susumu Takamatsu
Department of Bioresources, Graduate School, Mie University, Kurima Machiya, Tsu, Japan
Mycol Res 112:639-49. 2008..Group 2 is represented by N. cumminsiana from Asteraceae. This group also includes Oidium baccharidis, O. maquii, and Oidium spp...
- Toxic effects of solstitialin A 13-acetate and cynaropicrin from Centaurea solstitialis L. (Asteraceae) in cell cultures of foetal rat brainC H Cheng
Postgraduate Studies in Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, West Yorkshire, U K
Neuropharmacology 31:271-7. 1992....
- Anticoccidial effects of Ageratum conyzoidesN E Nweze
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
J Ethnopharmacol 122:6-9. 2009Ageratum conyzoides (Asteraceae) is folklorically used to treat diseases associated with bleeding. A study was conducted to determine the efficacy of Ageratum conyzoides in treating caecal coccidiosis of broilers...
- Topically applied diterpenoids from Egletes viscosa (Asteraceae) attenuate the dermal inflammation in mouse ear induced by tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate- and oxazoloneIana Bantim Felício Calou
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Biol Pharm Bull 31:1511-6. 2008..b>Asteraceae) were evaluated on acute and chronic models of mouse ear dermatitis. A single topical application of CA (0...
- Changes in Rubisco kinetics during the evolution of C4 photosynthesis in Flaveria (Asteraceae) are associated with positive selection on genes encoding the enzymeMaxim V Kapralov
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Evol 28:1491-503. 2011..Flaveria (Asteraceae) includes C(3), C(3)-C(4) intermediate, and C(4) species with kinetically distinct Rubiscos, providing a ..
- Authentication of Saussurea lappa, an endangered medicinal material, by ITS DNA and 5S rRNA sequencingFeng Chen
Department of Biochemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Planta Med 74:889-92. 2008Wild SAUSSUREA LAPPA in the family Asteraceae is a highly endangered plant. On the other hand, the dried root of cultivated S...
- Frequent gain and loss of pyrrolizidine alkaloids in the evolution of Senecio section Jacobaea (Asteraceae)Pieter B Pelser
Department of Botany, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Phytochemistry 66:1285-95. 2005..the macrocyclic senecionine type are secondary metabolites characteristic for most species of the genus Senecio (Asteraceae)...
- Plastidic trnFUUC pseudogenes in North American genus Boechera (Brassicaceae): mechanistic aspects of evolutionC Dobes
Heidelberg Institute of Plant Science, Department of Biodiversity and Plant Systematics, Heidelberg University, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 9:502-15. 2007..in a phylogenetic context and were compared to published analogous examples that emerged in parallel in the Asteraceae and Juncaceae, respectively...
- Effects of Mikania glomerata Spreng. and Mikania laevigata Schultz Bip. ex Baker (Asteraceae) extracts on pulmonary inflammation and oxidative stress caused by acute coal dust exposureTiago P Freitas
Laboratório de Fisiopatologia Experimental, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Criciuma, Santa Catarina, Brazil
J Med Food 11:761-6. 2008..The present study indicates that M. glomerata and M. laevigata might become good candidates for the prevention of lung oxidative injury caused by coal dust exposure...
- Allopolyploid speciation and ongoing backcrossing between diploid progenitor and tetraploid progeny lineages in the Achillea millefolium species complex: analyses of single-copy nuclear genes and genomic AFLPJin Xiu Ma
Ministry of Education Key Laboratory for Biodiversity Science and Ecological Engineering, and College of Life Sciences, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, China
BMC Evol Biol 10:100. 2010..Achillea collina is a widespread tetraploid species within the Achillea millefolium polyploid complex (Asteraceae-Anthemideae). It is morphologically intermediate between the relic diploids, A. setacea-2x in xeric and A...
- Genome size in Hieracium subgenus Hieracium (Asteraceae) is strongly correlated with major phylogenetic groupsJindrich Chrtek
Institute of Botany, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Pruhonice, Czech Republic
Ann Bot 104:161-78. 2009..apomixis). The aim of the present study was to analyse nuclear genome size in a phylogenetic framework and to assess relationships between genome size and ploidy, breeding system and selected ecogeographic features...
- Polyphyletic origin of pyrrolizidine alkaloids within the Asteraceae. Evidence from differential tissue expression of homospermidine synthaseSven Anke
Institut für Pharmazeutische Biologie der Technischen Universität, D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Plant Physiol 136:4037-47. 2004..has been shown to have occurred several times independently within the angiosperms and even twice within the Asteraceae. Here, we demonstrate that, within these two PA-producing tribes of the Asteraceae, namely Senecioneae and ..
- Isolation and characterization of a polymorphic stigma-specific class III peroxidase gene from Senecio squalidus L. (Asteraceae)Stephanie M McInnis
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1UG, UK
Plant Mol Biol 57:659-77. 2005..b>Asteraceae)...
- Tri-trophic insecticidal effects of African plants against cabbage pestsBlankson W Amoabeng
School of Agriculture and Wine Sciences, Charles Sturt University, Orange Campus, Orange, New South Wales, Australia Council for Scientific and Industrial Research CSIR Crops Research Institute, Kumasi, Ghana
PLoS ONE 8:e78651. 2013..conducted to evaluate the insecticidal potential of nine common Ghanaian plants: goat weed, Ageratum conyzoides (Asteraceae), Siam weed, Chromolaena odorata (Asteraceae), Cinderella weed, Synedrella nodiflora (Asteraceae), chili pepper, ..
- The origin of a novel form of Senecio (Asteraceae) restricted to sand dunes in southern SicilyMark A Chapman
Department of Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, VU Station B 351634, Nashville, TN 37235 1634 USA
New Phytol 166:1051-62. 2005The taxonomy of diploid Mediterranean Senecio sect. Senecio (Asteraceae) is complex, owing to a recent species radiation, high morphological plasticity and occasional interspecific hybridization...
- Analysis of the floral transcriptome uncovers new regulators of organ determination and gene families related to flower organ differentiation in Gerbera hybrida (Asteraceae)Roosa A E Laitinen
Department of Applied Biology, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Genome Res 15:475-86. 2005Development of composite inflorescences in the plant family Asteraceae has features that cannot be studied in the traditional model plants for flower development...
- Anticancer and antiviral activities of Youngia japonica (L.) DC (Asteraceae, Compositae)Linda S M Ooi
Department of Biology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT
J Ethnopharmacol 94:117-22. 2004..Our preliminary analysis showed that the antiviral ingredients were likely to contain phenolic compounds including tannins by chemical tests...
- Genomics of Compositae crops: reference transcriptome assemblies and evidence of hybridization with wild relativesKathryn A Hodgins
Department of Botany and Biodiversity Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
Mol Ecol Resour 14:166-77. 2014Although the Compositae harbours only two major food crops, sunflower and lettuce, many other species in this family are utilized by humans and have experienced various levels of domestication...
- Distribution of Ty3-gypsy- and Ty1-copia-like DNA sequences in the genus Helianthus and other AsteraceaeL Natali
Dipartimento de Biologia della Piante Agrarie, Sezione de Genetica, Pisa, Italy
Genome 49:64-72. 2006..of Ty3-gypsy retrotransposons and the RNAse-H gene of Ty1-copia retroelements, respectively, were surveyed in Asteraceae species and within the genus Helianthus...
- Propagule pressure, genetic structure, and geographic origins of Chondrilla juncea (Asteraceae): an apomictic invader on three continentsJohn F Gaskin
USDA Agricultural Research Service, Northern Plains Agricultural Research Laboratory, 1500 N Central Ave, Sidney, Montana 59270, USA
Am J Bot 100:1871-82. 2013....
- Essential oils from the roots of Echinops bannaticus Rochel ex Schrad. and Echinops sphaerocephalus L. (Asteraceae): chemotaxonomic and biosynthetic aspectsNiko S Radulović
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Mathematics, University of Nis, Visegradska 33, RS 18000 Nis
Chem Biodivers 10:658-76. 2013..of detailed chemical and statistical analyses of the essential oils from the roots of two Echinops species (Asteraceae), E. bannaticus Rochel ex Schrad., and E. sphaerocephalus L., from the weed flora of Serbia...
- Reconstructing the evolution and biogeographic history of tribe Cardueae (Compositae)Laia Barres
Institut Botànic de Barcelona IBB CSIC ICUB, Pg del Migdia s n, E 08038 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Bot 100:867-82. 2013....
- Roots of Erigeron annuus Attenuate Acute Inflammation as Mediated with the Inhibition of NF- κ B-Associated Nitric Oxide and Prostaglandin E2 productionMi Jeong Jo
Medical Research Center for Globalization of Herbal Formulation, College of Oriental Medicine, Daegu Haany University, Daegu 706 828, Republic of Korea
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:297427. 2013Erigeron annuus is a naturalized plant belonging to Compositae (asteraceae) family, which is called the annual fleabane, and commonly found at meadows and roadside. This study investigated the anti-inflammatory effects of the extract of E...
- Yacon diet (Smallanthus sonchifolius, Asteraceae) improves hepatic insulin resistance via reducing Trb3 expression in Zucker fa/fa ratsH Satoh
Department of Nephrology, Hypertension, Diabetology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Fukushima Medical University, Fukushima, Japan
Nutr Diabetes 3:e70. 2013..Conclusion:These results indicate that the effect of yacon feeding to reduce blood glucose is likely due to its beneficial effects on hepatic insulin sensitivity in the insulin resistant state...
- In vitro anti-tick properties of the essential oil of Tagetes minuta L. (Asteraceae) on Hyalomma rufipes (Acari: Ixodidae)Felix Nchu
Department of Horticultural Science, Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Onderstepoort J Vet Res 79:E1-5. 2012In this study we examined the anti-tick properties of the essential oil of Tagetes minuta L. (Asteraceae: Asterales) against Hyalomma rufipes ticks. We obtained the essential oil of T...
- Chemical composition and antibacterial activity of essential oils of Lantana camara, Ageratum houstonianum and Eupatorium adenophorumNitin P Kurade
Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Regional Station, Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, India
Pharm Biol 48:539-44. 2010..The essential oils of Lantana camara Linn. (Verbenaceae), Ageratum houstonianum Mill. (Asteraceae) and Eupatorium adenophorum Spreng. (Asteraceae) were analyzed by Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GCMS)...
- Expression of MMP-9 in hepatic sinusoidal obstruction syndrome induced by Gynura segetumXia Zhen Yu
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 14:68-75. 2013..Gynura segetum (Compositae), a plant widely used in Chinese traditional medicine, often leads to the development of HSOS...
- Self-organizing maps of molecular descriptors for sesquiterpene lactones and their application to the chemotaxonomy of the Asteraceae familyMarcus T Scotti
Universidade Federal da Paraiba, Departamento de Engenharia e Meio Ambiente, Campus IV, 58297 000, Rio Tinto, PB, Brazil
Molecules 17:4684-702. 2012The Asteraceae, one of the largest families among angiosperms, is chemically characterised by the production of sesquiterpene lactones (SLs)...
- Effect of Ageratum houstonianum Mill. (Asteraceae) leaf extracts on the oviposition activity of Anopheles stephensi, Aedes aegypti and Culex quinquefasciatus (Diptera: Culicidae)Samuel Tennyson
Department of Zoology, Madras Christian College, Chennai, 600 059 Tamil Nadu, India
Parasitol Res 111:2295-9. 2012..Ageratum houstonianum, a medicinal plant belonging to the family Asteraceae, has been reported to possess insecticidal activity, and in the present study, the ovipositional attractant/..
- Cytotype distribution at a diploid-hexaploid contact zone in Aster amellus (Asteraceae)S Castro
CFE, Centre for Functional Ecology, Department of Life Sciences, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Ann Bot 110:1047-55. 2012....
- Virus-induced gene silencing for Asteraceae--a reverse genetics approach for functional genomics in Gerbera hybridaXianbao Deng
Department of Agricultural Sciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Plant Biotechnol J 10:970-8. 2012..Gerbera hybrida (Asteraceae) has emerged as a novel model for studies in flower development and secondary metabolism...
- Determinants of extinction in fragmented plant populations: Crepis sancta (Asteraceae) in urban environmentsAntoine Dornier
UMR 5175 CEFE CNRS, Centre d Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Evolutive CNRS, 1919, route de Mende, 34293, Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Oecologia 169:703-12. 2012..We studied extinction processes in highly fragmented populations of the common species Crepis sancta (Asteraceae) in urban habitats exhibiting a rapid turnover of patches...
- Ethno medicinal survey of plants used by the indigenes of Rivers State of NigeriaKola K Ajibesin
Department of Pharmacognosy and Herbal Medicine, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State, Nigeria
Pharm Biol 50:1123-43. 2012..The medicinal plants used in the traditional medicine of Rivers State of Nigeria were surveyed...
- In vitro antioxidant activities of Asteraceae PlantsS Vijaylakshmi
PSG College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacognosy, Peelamedu, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
Anc Sci Life 29:3-6. 2009Anaphalis neelgerriana DC and Cnicus wallichi DC belonging to the family Asteraceae (Compositae) are important medicinal plants indigenous to Nilgiris...
- Pasture composition in a trace element-contaminated area: the particular case of Fe and Cd for grazing horsesPaula Madejón
Instituto de Recursos Naturales y Agrobiología de Sevilla IRNAS, CSIC, PO Box 1052, 41080, Sevilla, Spain
Environ Monit Assess 184:2031-43. 2012..A diet based on other plants (mainly Compositae species) was also studied (May 2009) for comparison...
- Genetic mapping and characterization of the globe artichoke (+)-germacrene A synthase gene, encoding the first dedicated enzyme for biosynthesis of the bitter sesquiterpene lactone cynaropicrinBarbara Menin
DIVAPRA, Plant Genetics and Breeding, University of Torino, Via L da Vinci 44, 10095 Grugliasco TO, Italy
Plant Sci 190:1-8. 2012Globe artichoke (Cynara cardunculus var. scolymus L., Asteraceae) is a perennial crop traditionally consumed as a vegetable in the Mediterranean countries and rich in nutraceutically and pharmaceutically active compounds, including ..
- Patch testing with constituents of Compositae mixesEvy Paulsen
Department of Dermatology and Allergy Centre, Odense University Hospital, University of Southern Denmark, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Contact Dermatitis 66:241-6. 2012The development of mixes containing Compositae plant extracts has improved the diagnosis of Compositae contact allergy, but none of them has fulfilled the criteria for an ideal European plant mix.
- Bioactivity of the essential oil of an argentine collection of Acanthospermum hispidum (Asteraceae)Mariana Alva
Instituto de Quimica Organica, Facultad de Bioquimica, Quimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de Tucuman, Ayacucho 471, Tucuman 4000, Argentina
Nat Prod Commun 7:245-8. 2012The essential oil of an Argentine collection of the annual herb Acanthospermum hispidum DC. (Asteraceae), which contains the sesquiterpenoids beta-caryophyllene (35.2%), alpha-bisabolol (11.4%), and germacrene D (11...
- Studies on the potential antioxidant properties of Senecio stabianus Lacaita (Asteraceae) and its inhibitory activity against carbohydrate-hydrolysing enzymesRosa Tundis
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy and Nutrition and Health Sciences, University of Calabria, Arcavacata di Rende CS, Italy
Nat Prod Res 26:393-404. 2012..of the methanol, n-hexane and ethyl acetate extracts from Senecio stabianus Lacaita, a plant that belongs to the Asteraceae family...
- Genomics of Compositae weeds: EST libraries, microarrays, and evidence of introgressionZhao Lai
Department of Biology and Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Am J Bot 99:209-18. 2012..Here we describe the development of genomic tools and resources for 11 weeds from the Compositae family that will serve as a basis for subsequent population and comparative genomic analyses...
- Secondary metabolites of plants from the genus Saussurea: chemistry and biological activityYu Fang Wang
Department of Medicinal Natural Product Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, P R China
Chem Biodivers 7:2623-59. 2010The Asteraceae family comprises ca. 1000 genera, mainly distributed in Asia and Europe. Saussurea DC., as the largest subgenus of this family, comprises ca. 400 species worldwide, of which ca. 300 species occur in China...
- CHEMICAL STUDIES OF NOVEL SULFUR CONTAINING ANTIBIOTICSEloy Rodriguez; Fiscal Year: 1993..have established that the thiarubrines, sulfur-containing polyacetylenes, are constituents of plants of the Asteraceae which are used by wild apes and humans for therapeutic purposes...