Alias: Cornus L.
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- The past, present and future tasks of Hungarian dendrological researchD Bartha
Faculty of Forestry, Institute of Botany and Nature Conservation, University of West Hungary, 9400 Sopron, Hungary
Acta Biol Hung 61:2-19. 2010..g. Castanea sativa, Cornus mas, Fraxinus spp., Quercus spp.)...
- Radioprotective properties of the phytochemically characterized extracts of Crataegus monogyna, Cornus mas and Gentianella austriaca on human lymphocytes in vitroAndreja Leskovac
Vinca Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Belgrade, Serbia
Planta Med 73:1169-75. 2007..Rosaceae) fruit, Cornus mas L. (Cornaceae) leaves and Gentianella austriaca (A. Kern. & Jos. Kern...
- Link between defoliation and light treatments on root vitality of five understory shrubs with different resistance to insect herbivoryPiotr Karolewski
Institute of Dendrology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Parkowa 5, 62 035 Kornik, Poland
Tree Physiol 30:969-78. 2010..was established in which we experimentally removed 50% of leaves in 1-year-old seedlings of Sambucus nigra, Cornus sanguinea, Prunus serotina, Frangula alnus and Corylus avellana grown in 15% and full sunlight...
- Relationships within Cornales and circumscription of Cornaceae-matK and rbcL sequence data and effects of outgroups and long branchesJenny Qiu Yun Xiang
Department of Botany, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7612, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 24:35-57. 2002..using optimal outgroups suggested by RASA revealed four major clades within Cornales: (1) Curtisia-Grubbia, (2) Cornus-Alangium, (3) Nyssa-Camptotheca-Davidia-Mastixia-Diplopanax, and (4) Hydrangeaceae-Loasaceae, with clades (2) and (..
- The effects of the Chinese herbal medicine EMF01 on salicylate-induced tinnitus in ratsYiwen Zheng
Dept of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago Medical School, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Ethnopharmacol 128:545-8. 2010..In this study, we attempted to test a TCM, Er Ming Fang (EMF01) containing Rehmannia glutinosa, Cornus officinalis, Salvia mittiorrhiza, Pueraria, Schisandra chinensis, Poria cocos and Platycodon grandiflorum, on ..
- Impacts of an exotic disease and vegetation change on foliar calcium cycling in Appalachian forestsMichael A Jenkins
National Park Service, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Twin Creeks Natural Resources Center, 1314 Cherokee Orchard Road, Gatlinburg, Tennessee 37738, USA
Ecol Appl 17:869-81. 2007Because of the high calcium content of its foliage, Cornus florida (flowering dogwood) has been described as a calcium "pump" that draws calcium from deeper mineral soil and enriches surface soil horizons...
- Estrogen receptor alpha, but not beta, is expressed in the interneurons of the hippocampus in prepubertal rats: an in situ hybridization studyC Orikasa
Department of Physiology, Nippon Medical School, Sendagi 1, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 120:245-54. 2000..hippocampus especially in the hilar region of the dentate gyrus, and in the strata radiatum and pyramidale in the cornus ammonis at postnatal days (PND) 14, 21 and 35...
- Light absorption by anthocyanins in juvenile, stressed, and senescing leavesMark N Merzlyak
Department of Physiology of Microorganisms, Faculty of Biology, Moscow State University, 119991, GSP 1 Moscow, Russia
J Exp Bot 59:3903-11. 2008..cotoneaster (Cotoneaster alaunica Golite), hazel (Corylus avellana L.), Siberian dogwood (Cornus alba L.), and Virginia creeper (Parthenocissus quinquefolia (L.) Planch...
- Resorption protection. Anthocyanins facilitate nutrient recovery in autumn by shielding leaves from potentially damaging light levelsWilliam A Hoch
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, 1575 Linden Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Physiol 133:1296-305. 2003..excess light, was tested using wild-type (WT) and anthocyanin-deficient mutants of three deciduous woody species, Cornus sericea, Vaccinium elliottii (Chapmn.), and Viburnum sargentii (Koehne)...
- Molecular evolution of PISTILLATA-like genes in the dogwood genus Cornus (Cornaceae)Wenheng Zhang
Department of Plant Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7612, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 47:175-95. 2008..In this study, we investigated the evolution of PI-like genes of the MADS-box family in the dogwood genus Cornus (Cornaceae)...
- Identification of fruit volatiles from green hawthorn (Crataegus viridis) and blueberry hawthorn (Crataegus brachyacantha) host plants attractive to different phenotypes of Rhagoletis pomonella flies in the southern United StatesDong H Cha
Department of Entomology, NYS Agricultural Experiment Station, Cornell University, Geneva, NY 14456, USA
J Chem Ecol 37:974-83. 2011..that infest domestic apple (Malus domestica), downy hawthorn (Crataegus mollis), and flowering dogwood (Cornus florida)...
- Elevation of intracavernous pressure and NO-cGMP activity by a new herbal formula in penile tissues of spontaneous hypertensive male ratsDong Wan Sohn
Department of Urology, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul 150 713, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 120:176-80. 2008We created a new herbal formulation that mainly consists of the seeds of Lycium chinense, Cornus officinalis, Rubus coreanus, Cuscuta chinensis and Schizandra chinensis...
- Overwintering hosts for the exotic leafroller parasitoid, Colpoclypeus florus: implications for habitat manipulation to augment biological control of leafrollers in pome fruitsR S Pfannenstiel
Tree Fruit Research and Extension Center, Washington State University, Wenatchee, WA 98801, USA
J Insect Sci 10:75. 2010..During the four years, the Syndemis sp. was rare and observed at only one location feeding on redosier dogwood, Cornus sericea L. (Cornales: Cornaceae) although, at this location, many of the larvae collected were parasitized by C...
- Sevoflurane immediate preconditioning alters hypoxic membrane potential changes in rat hippocampal slices and improves recovery of CA1 pyramidal cells after hypoxia and global cerebral ischemiaJ Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, Box 6, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Neuroscience 145:1097-107. 2007..The mean number of intact hippocampal cornus ammonis 1 (CA1) pyramidal neurons in rats subjected to cerebral ischemia without any pretreatment was 17+/-5 (..
- Protective effect of ursolic acid from Cornus officinalis on the hydrogen peroxide-induced damage of HEI-OC1 auditory cellsHyeon Hee Yu
Department of Food and Nutrition, Kunsan National University, Kunsan, South Korea
Am J Chin Med 37:735-46. 2009The fruits of Cornus officinalis have been used in traditional oriental medicine for treatment of inner ear diseases, such as tinnitus and hearing loss. In the present study, we investigated the protective effect of C...
- Antitumor potential of three herbal extracts against human oral squamous cell linesQing Chu
Department of Periodontology and Oral Medicine, School of Stomatology, The Fourth Military Medical University, 145 West Changle Road, Xi an, P R of China
Anticancer Res 29:3211-9. 2009Three Chinese herbal extracts of Drynaria baronii, Angelica sinensis and Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc (referred to as DB, AS, CO, respectively) were investigated for their antitumor potential...
- Effect of three herbal extracts on NO and PGE2 production by activated mouse macrophage-like cellsQing Chu
Department of Periodontology and Oral Medicine, School of Stomatology, The Fourth Military Medical University, 145 West Changle Road, Xi an, P R of China
In Vivo 23:537-44. 2009Three Chinese herbal extracts, Drynaria baronii, Angelica sinensis and Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc (referred to as DB, AS, CO, respectively), were investigated for their possible anti-inflammatory activity...
- Gluco- and mineralocorticoid receptor-mediated regulation of neurotrophic factor gene expression in the dorsal hippocampus and the neocortex of the ratA C Hansson
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine MDC, 13125 Berlin Buch, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 12:2918-34. 2000..growth factor (BDNF) and neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) was analysed at 4 h after the hormone injection in CA1-CA4 (cornus of Ammon areas of the hippocampus) and dentate gyrus of the dorsal hippocampus and in neocortex by means of in ..
- Optical properties and nondestructive estimation of anthocyanin content in plant leavesA A Gitelson
School of Natural Resource Sciences, University of Nebraska Lincoln, 113 Nebraska Hall, Lincoln, NE 68506, USA
Photochem Photobiol 74:38-45. 2001Absorption and reflectance spectra of maple (Acer platanoides), cotoneaster (Cotoneaster alaunica), dogwood (Cornus alba) and pelargonium (Pelargonium zonale) leaves with a wide range of pigment content and composition were studied in ..
- Variable conductivity and embolism in roots and branches of four contrasting tree species and their impacts on whole-plant hydraulic performance under future atmospheric CO₂ concentrationJean Christophe Domec
Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Tree Physiol 30:1001-15. 2010..The only large effect of CO₂(e) occurred in branches of Liquidambar styraciflua L. and Cornus florida L. where an increase in k(s-max) and a decrease in xylem resistance to embolism (-P₅₀) were measured...
- Galloyl glucoses from the seeds of Cornus officinalis with inhibitory activity against protein glycation, aldose reductase, and cataractogenesis ex vivoJun Lee
Diabetic Complications Research Center, Division of Traditional Korean Medicine TKM Integrated Research, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon 305 811, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 34:443-6. 2011..gallic acid 4-O-β-D-(6'-O-galloyl)-glucoside (8), were isolated from an EtOAc-soluble fraction of the seeds of Cornus officinalis (Cornaceae)...
- Biogeography, host specificity, and molecular phylogeny of the basidiomycetous yeast Phaffia rhodozyma and its sexual form, Xanthophyllomyces dendrorhousDiego Libkind
Laboratorio de Microbiología Aplicada y Biotecnología, Universidad Nacional del Comahue, Centro Regional Universitario Bariloche, Quintral 1250, Bariloche, Rio Negro, Argentina
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:1120-5. 2007..The two most basal strains of X. dendrorhous are those isolated from Cornus, an ancestral genus in the phylogenetic analysis of the host trees. Thus, we question previous conclusions that P...
- Molar ectopic pregnancy in the uterine cornusJong Ha Hwang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Korea University, Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Guro Gu, Seoul, South Korea
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 17:239-41. 2010..Systemic methotrexate therapy was administered to treat the possible remnants of the molar pregnancy. Molar cornual ectopic pregnancy can be successfully treated with laparoscopic cornuostomy and systemic methotrexate therapy...
- Tumor-specific cytotoxicity and type of cell death induced by gefitinib in oral squamous cell carcinoma cell linesQing Chu
Division of Pharmacology, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Sakado, Saitama, Japan
Anticancer Res 29:5023-31. 2009..cisplatin, sodium ascorbate, sodium fluoride) or herbal extracts (Drynaria baronii, Angelica sinensis and Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc)...
- Evolutionary patterns in the antR-Cor gene in the dwarf dogwood complex (Cornus, Cornaceae)Chuanzhu Fan
Department of Botany, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7612, USA
Genetica 130:19-34. 2007..pattern of the myc-like anthocyanin regulatory gene antR-Cor was examined in the dwarf dogwood species complex (Cornus Subgenus Arctocrania) that contains two diploid species (C. canadensis and C...
- Antioxidative capacity of extracts and constituents in Cornus capitata adventitious rootsNorie Tanaka
Venture Business Laboratory and Department of Applied Biological Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Saga University, 1 Honjo, Saga 840 8502, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 51:5906-10. 2003Radical scavenging activities of extracts and constituents in Cornus capitata adventitious root cultures were evaluated by using 1,1-diphenyl-2-pycrylhydrazyl (DPPH) and superoxide anion radicals...
- Botany: a record-breaking pollen catapultJoan Edwards
Department of Biology, Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts 01267, USA
Nature 435:164. 2005..Here we describe how the flower stamens of the bunchberry dogwood (Cornus canadensis) rely on this principle to catapult pollen into the air as the flower opens explosively...
- The effects of corni fructus extract and its fractions against α-glucosidase inhibitory activities in vitro and sucrose tolerance in normal ratsChan Hum Park
Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama, Sugitani, Toyama, Japan
Am J Chin Med 39:367-80. 2011Corni fructus (Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc.) is a traditional medicine exerting multifaceted protective effects against diabetes and its complications...
- Oleanolic acid and ursolic acid derived from Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc. suppress epidermal growth factor- and phorbol ester-induced MUC5AC mucin production and gene expression from human airway epithelial cellsKyoungrai Cho
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Sanggye Paik Hospital, College of Medicine, Inje University, Seoul, Korea
Phytother Res 25:760-4. 2011..These results suggest that oleanolic acid and ursolic acid can regulate mucin gene expression, and production of mucin protein, by directly acting on airway epithelial cells...
- Heterogeneous evolution of the Myc-like Anthocyanin regulatory gene and its phylogenetic utility in Cornus L. (Cornaceae)Chuanzhu Fan
Department of Botany, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7612, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 33:580-94. 2004..gene, we compared nucleotide sequences of the myc-like anthocyanin regulatory gene in the genus of dogwoods (Cornus: Cornaceae)...
- [Separation and determination of oleanolic acid and ursolic acid from Cornus officinalis by capillary electrophoresis]Rui Wang
Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100102, China
Zhong Yao Cai 30:946-50. 2007..chromatography technique for separating and determination oleanolic acid and ursolic acid in the fruit of Cornus officinalis was developed...
- A molecular marker associated with low-temperature induction of dormancy in red osier dogwood (Cornus sericea)Erl Svendsen
Department of Plant Sciences, 51 Campus Drive, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A8, Canada
Tree Physiol 27:385-97. 2007..An F2 population (191 plants) red osier dogwood (Cornus sericea L...
- Anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of the aqueous extract of corni fructus in murine RAW 264.7 macrophage cellsYun Hee Sung
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul
J Med Food 12:788-95. 2009Corni fructus is the fruit of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc, which is classified into the dogwood family of Cornaceae...
- An ellagic compound and iridoids from Cornus capitata root culturesN Tanaka
Department of Applied Biological Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Saga University, 1 Honjo, 840 8502, Saga, Japan
Phytochemistry 57:1287-91. 2001..and two iridoid glucosides, 6alpha-dihydrocornic acid and 6beta-dihydrocornic acid, were isolated from Cornus capitata adventitious roots cultured in Murashige-Skoog (Murashige, T., Skoog, F., 1962...
- Lignans from the fruits of Cornus kousa Burg. and their cytotoxic effects on human cancer cell linesDae Young Lee
Graduate School of Biotechnology and Plant Metabolism Research Center, Kyung Hee University, Suwon, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:402-7. 2007The fruits of Cornus kousa Burg. were extracted with 80% aqueous MeOH, and the concentrated extract partitioned with EtOAc, n-BuOH and H2O...
- Separation of gallic acid from Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc by high-speed counter-current chromatographyG Tian
Beijing Institute of New Technology Application, China
J Chromatogr A 886:309-12. 2000Gallic acid was separated from a n-butanol extract of the fruit of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc by high-speed countercurrent chromatography in two steps using two solvent systems composed of ethyl-acetate-ethanol n-butanol-water (5:1...
- Ellagic acid formation from galloylglucoses by a crude enzyme of Cornus capitata adventitious rootsN Tanaka
Department of Applied Biological Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Saga University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:1869-71. 2001The aqueous extract of acetone powder, which had been prepared from Cornus capitata 'Mountain Moon' adventitious roots, cultured in MS medium with a high concentration of Cu2+(10 microM), showed strong oxidative activity toward ..
- Alterations of heterogeneous nuclear RNP A2 and B1 in the hippocampus of the rat after perforant pathway lesionMasanori Ishikawa
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, 305 8575 Tsukuba city, Ibaraki, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 107:144-8. 2004..immunoreactivity was observed in neurons within the dentate granular layer as well in the pyramidal cells of the cornus Ammon fields ipsilateral to the lesion...
- Evaluation of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in apple juice with Cornus fruit (Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc.) extract by conventional media and thin agar layer methodVivian C H Wu
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, The University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469 5735, USA
Food Microbiol 25:190-5. 2008Escherichia coli O157:H7 survival in apple juice supplemented with Cornus fruit (Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc.) extract was studied. Inoculated samples with or without Cornus fruit extract were kept at 21 and 7 degrees C...
- Anthocyanin 3-galactosides from Cornus alba 'Sibirica' with glucosidation of the B-ringOrjan Bjorøy
Department of Chemistry, University of Bergen, Allegt 41, 5007 Bergen, Norway
Phytochemistry 68:640-5. 2007..4) and cyanidin (5) were isolated from the bluish white berries and compound umbel of Siberian dogwood, Cornus alba 'Sibirica'...
- [HPLC and UPLC-MS detection of 5-HMF from rabbit ncurolymph after treated with Cornus officinalis]Hai Gu
Nanjing University of TCM, Nanjing 210046, China
Zhong Yao Cai 36:444-7. 2013To detect 5-HMF from rabbit ncurolymph after given different dosage of Cornus officinalis via intragastric administration by HPLC and UPLC-MS.
- Evidence of physiological decoupling from grassland ecosystem drivers by an encroaching woody shrubJesse B Nippert
Division of Biology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e81630. 2013..In a mesic grassland in North America, we measured inter- and intra-annual variability in leaf δ(13)C in Cornus drummondii across a grassland landscape with varying fire frequency, presence of large grazers and topographic ..
- Ischemia-related changes of adrenocorticotropic hormone immunoreactivity and its protective effect in the gerbil hippocampus after transient forebrain ischemiaI K Hwang
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon 200 702, South Korea
Neuroscience 126:871-7. 2004..The ectopic expression of ACTH (1-24 fragments) immunoreactive neurons in the cornus ammonis 1 (CA1) region of hippocampus and hilar region of the dentate gyrus 1 day after the ischemic insult was ..
- [A survey of Cornus officinalis varieties]Suiqing Chen
Henan College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Zhengzhou 450008
Zhong Yao Cai 25:305-6. 2002According to the survey of Cornus officinalis in the main planting areas of Henan, Zhejiang and Shanxi province, the fruit shape can be divided into seven types, cylindricform, ellipticform, long pear-shape, short pear-shape, long ..
- Genetic divergence along the speciation continuum: the transition from host race to species in rhagoletis (Diptera: tephritidae)Thomas H Q Powell
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, 290C Galvin Life Sciences Building, Notre Dame, Indiana, 46556
Evolution 67:2561-76. 2013..populations of Rhagoletis pomonella to their sister taxon, the undescribed flowering dogwood fly attacking Cornus florida...
- Herbal formulation, Yukmi-jihang-tang-Jahage, regulates bone resorption by inhibition of phosphorylation mediated by tyrosine kinase Src and cyclooxygenase expressionUn Ho Jin
Department of Biological Science, Sungkyunkwan University and National Research Laboratory for Glycobiology, Jangan gu, Suwon City, Kyunggi Do 440 746, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 106:333-43. 2006..YJ), which is comprised of seven herbs such as Rehmannia glutinosa Libosch, Dioscorea japonica THUNB, Cornus officinalis SIEB et. ZUCC, Smilax glabra ROXB, Paeonia suffruticosa ANDR, Alisma platago-aquatica var...
- Differential expression of NMDA and AMPA receptor subunits in rat dorsal and ventral hippocampusC Pandis
Physiology Department, Medical School, University of Patras, 26500 Rio, Patras, Greece
Neuroscience 140:163-75. 2006..the specific binding of the NMDA receptor antagonist [(3)H]MK-801, 2) longitudinal slices containing only the cornus ammonis 1 (CA1) region for performing [(3)H]MK-801 saturation experiments and 3) transverse slices for ..
- Ascorbate attenuates trimethyltin-induced oxidative burden and neuronal degeneration in the rat hippocampus by maintaining glutathione homeostasisE J Shin
Neurotoxicology Program, College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chunchon 200 701, South Korea
Neuroscience 133:715-27. 2005..Although a significant loss of hippocampal Cornus Ammonis CA1, CA3 and CA4 neurons was observed at 3 weeks post-TMT, the elevation in the level of hydroxyl radicals,..
- Solute accumulation of chestnut oak and dogwood leaves in response to throughfall manipulation of an upland oak forestG Michael Gebre
Department of Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1177, USA
Tree Physiol 22:251-60. 2002..Leaf samples of overstory and understory chestnut oak (Quercus prinus L.) and understory dogwood (Cornus florida L...
- Dyella kyungheensis sp. nov., isolated from soil of a cornus fruit fieldHeung Min Son
Department of Oriental Medicinal Material and Processing, College of Life Science, Kyung Hee University, 1 Seocheon, Kihung, Yongin, Kyunggi 446 701, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 63:3807-11. 2013..flagellum, yellow-pigmented, rod-shaped bacterium, designated strain THG-B117(T), was isolated from soil of a cornus fruit field of Hoengseong province in South Korea and its taxonomic position was investigated by a polyphasic ..
- Ablation of BRaf impairs neuronal differentiation in the postnatal hippocampus and cerebellumVerena Pfeiffer
Institute for Medical Radiation and Cell Research MSZ, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e58259. 2013..cells that showed an altered structure of their dendritic arborizations in the hippocampus, while the overall cornus ammonis architecture appeared to be unchanged...
- Cornelian cherry (cornus MAS L.) juice as a potential source of biological compoundsMaciej Gąstoł
Department of Pomology and Apiculture, University of Agriculture in Krakow, Krakow, Poland
J Med Food 16:728-32. 2013Cornelian cherry (Cornus mas L.), apple (Malus domestica Borkh. cultivars Jonagold and Red Boskoop), pear (Pyrus communis cv. Conference), and plum (Prunus domestica L. cv...
- Enzyme assisted extraction of polysaccharides from the fruit of Cornus officinalisQinghong You
Huaiyin Institute of Technology, School of Life Science and Chemical Engineering, Huaian 223001, China
Carbohydr Polym 98:607-10. 2013Process of enzyme assisted extraction (EAE) of polysaccharides from Cornus officinalis was optimized by response surface methodology (RSM). The influence of four different factors on the yield of C...
- Rapid simultaneous identification and determination of the multiple compounds in crude Fructus Corni and its processed products by HPLC-MS/MS with multiple reaction monitoring modeHao Cai
College of Pharmacy, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, PR China
Pharm Biol 51:273-8. 2013Fructus Corni, a traditional Chinese medicines, is derived from the dry ripe sarcocarp of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc (Cornaceae)...
- Differential role of cyclooxygenase isozymes on neuronal density in hippocampus CA1 region of intracerebroventricular streptozotocin treated rat brainDinesh K Dhull
Neuropharmacology Division, Department of Pharmacology, ISF College of Pharmacy, Moga, Punjab, India
J Chem Neuroanat 43:48-51. 2012..After 21 days of treatment, rats were sacrificed and histological changes were observed in Cornus Ammonis (CA)-1 region of hippocampus at light microscopic level...
- Effects of Cervi cornus Colla (deer antler glue) in the reconstruction of a skin equivalent modelJandi Kim
Department of Biochemistry, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, 221 Heukseok dong, Seoul 156 756, Republic of Korea
Arch Dermatol Res 305:85-9. 2013The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of Cervi cornus Colla (CCC) in the reconstruction of skin equivalent (SE)...
- Plant regeneration and genetic transformation of C. canadensis: a non-model plant appropriate for investigation of flower development in Cornus (Cornaceae)Xiang Liu
Department of Plant Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Plant Cell Rep 32:77-87. 2013..for investigation of genetic and molecular mechanisms involved in inflorescence architectures in Cornus species...
- Effect of loganin on experimental diabetic nephropathyWang Lin Jiang
College of Pharmacy and Institute of Material Medica, Binzhou Medical University, Yantai 264003, PR China
Phytomedicine 19:217-22. 2012..Loganin, an iridoid glucoside compound was isolated from Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc...
- Liuwei Dihuang decoction facilitates the induction of long-term potentiation (LTP) in senescence accelerated mouse/prone 8 (SAMP8) hippocampal slices by inhibiting voltage-dependent calcium channels (VDCCs) and promoting N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor (NMDYan Huang
Beijing Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Beijing 100850, China
J Ethnopharmacol 140:384-90. 2012..family: Scrophulariaceae), Cornus officinalis Sieb. (family: Cornaceae), Dioscorea opposite Thunb. (family: Dioscoreaceae), Alisma orientale (G...
- Neuroprotective iridoid glycosides from Cornus officinalis fruits against glutamate-induced toxicity in HT22 hippocampal cellsEun Ju Jeong
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Phytomedicine 19:317-21. 2012The methanolic extract of the fruits of Cornus officinalis S et Z. (Cornaceae) showed the significant neuroprotective activity against glutamate-induced toxicity in HT22 hippocampal cells...
- Determination of 5-hydroxymethyl-2-furaldehyde of crude and processed Fructus Corni in freely moving rats using in vivo microdialysis sampling and liquid chromatographyEnhong Ouyang
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shaoyang Medical College, Shangyang 422000, China
Pharmacogn Mag 7:271-6. 2011Fructus Corni is derived from the dry ripe sarcocarp of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc. 5-hydroxymethyl-2-furaldehyde (5-HMF) is an important active composition of the Fructus Corni...
- [Optimization of microwave-assisted extraction with RSM and HPLC determination for three iridoid glycosides in Cornus officinalis]Juan ni He
Key Laboratory of Medicinal Resource and Natural Pharmaceutical Chemistry of Ministry of Education, School of Chemistry and Material, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi an 710062, China
Zhong Yao Cai 34:1118-22. 2011To establish a method of microwave-assisted extraction and high performance liquid chromatographic (HPLC) for simultaneous determination of three iridoid glycosides including loganin, sweroside and cornuside in Cornus officinalis.
- Architectural strategies of Cornus sericea, a native but invasive shrub of Southern Quebec, Canada, under an open or a closed canopyT Charles-Dominique
Universite Montpellier 2, UMR AMAP, Montpellier, F 34000 France
Ann Bot 105:205-20. 2010..An architectural analysis was therefore performed in order to understand the relationship between shoot architecture and invasiveness in red-osier dogwood, Cornus sericea (Cornaceae).
- Behavioral alterations associated with a down regulation of HCN1 mRNA in hippocampal cornus ammon 1 region and neocortex after chronic incomplete global cerebral ischemia in ratsS Li
Department of Pharmacology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Hangkong Road 13, Wuhan 430030, PR China
Neuroscience 165:654-61. 2010..00% and 46.00% of the control values in the cornus ammon 1 (CA1) regions of hippocampus and neocortex separately after chronic cerebral ischemia...
- Biodiversity and new records of microfungi in the Ruhrarea (north Rhine Westfalia), GermanyNosrathollah Ale-Agha
Department of General Botany, University Duisburg Essen Universitätsstr 5, DE 45117 Essen, Germany
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 74:785-96. 2009..Podosphaera tridactyla (WalIr.) de Bary on Prunus laurocerasus L., Septoria cornicola Desm. on Cornus sanguinea L., Stigmina tinea (Sacc.) M.B.Ellis on Viburnum opulus L., Torula herbarum (Pers...
- Anti-proliferative effects of Chinese herb Cornus officinalis in a cell culture model for estrogen receptor-positive clinical breast cancerN T Telang
Cancer Prevention Research Program, Palindrome Liaisons, Montvale, NJ 07645 1559, USA
Mol Med Rep 5:22-8. 2012..examine the potential therapeutic efficacy of an aqueous extract prepared from the fruit of popular Chinese herb Cornus officinalis (CO), also known as Fructus cornii...
- Elevation by oxidative stress and aging of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity in rats and its prevention by vitamin eNaoko Kobayashi
Division of Biochemistry, Shibaura Institute of Technology, 307 Fukasaku, Minuma ku, Saitama shi, Saitama 337 8570, Japan
J Clin Biochem Nutr 45:207-13. 2009..Furthermore, glucocorticosteroid receptors (GR) in pyramidal cells in the Cornus ammonis 1 region of the hippocampus in young rats were markedly decreased by oxidative stress...
- Treatment for intractable anemia with the traditional Chinese medicines Hominis Placenta and Cervi Cornus Colla (deer antler glue)Yasuyo Hijikata
Toyodo Hijikata Clinic, Osaka, Japan
Int J Gen Med 2:83-90. 2009..We investigated the use of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for the treatment of intractable anemia...
- [Study on the correlation between the quality of Cornus officinalis and the contents of the inorganic elements in the planting soil]Li Li Wang
Henan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Zhengzhou 450008, China
Zhong Yao Cai 34:1167-72. 2011To analyze the correlation between the quality of Cornus officinalis and the contents of the inorganic elements in the planting soil.
- [Study on sequence characterized amplified region (SCAR) markers of Cornus officinalis]Suiqing Chen
Henan College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Zhengzhou 450008, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 36:1145-9. 2011To establish sequence characterized amplified region markers of Cornus officinalis and provide a scientific basis for molecular identification of C. officinalis.
- Glucocorticoid Generates ROS to Induce Oxidative Injury in the Hippocampus, Leading to Impairment of Cognitive Function of RatsHiroya Sato
Division of Biological Chemistry, Shibaura Institute of Technology, 3 7 5 Toyosu, Kohtoh ku, Tokyo 135 8548, Japan
J Clin Biochem Nutr 47:224-32. 2010..Furthermore, pyramidal cell apoptosis was observed to accompany the loss of glucocorticoid receptors at the cornus ammonis 1 region of the hippocampus. Rats injected with corticosterone showed marked deficits in memory function...
- Corni fructus as the major herb of Die-Huang-Wan for lowering plasma glucose in Wistar ratsShorong Shii Liou
Department of Pharmacy, Tajen Institute of Technology, Yen Pou, Ping Tung Shien, Taiwan 90701
J Pharm Pharmacol 56:1443-7. 2004..Die-Huang-Wan contains the herbs dioscorea (Dioscoreae rhizoma), cornus (Corni fructus), alisma (Rhizoma alismatis), holelen (Poria), rehmannia (Rehmanniae radix) and tree peony bark (..
- Cornel iridoid glycoside improves memory ability and promotes neuronal survival in fimbria-fornix transected ratsLi hong Zhao
Department of Pharmacology, Xuanwu Hospital of Capital Medical University, Key Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Diseases of Ministry of Education, Beijing, PR China
Eur J Pharmacol 647:68-74. 2010Cornel iridoid glycoside (CIG) is a main component extracted from a traditional Chinese herb Cornus officinalis. Our previous study found that CIG improved neurological function in cerebral ischemic rats...
- Phylogeny-based developmental analyses illuminate evolution of inflorescence architectures in dogwoods (Cornus s. l., Cornaceae)Chun Miao Feng
Department of Plant Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
New Phytol 191:850-69. 2011..The developmental pathways of six species of Cornus producing different inflorescence types were characterized by scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and histological ..
- Cornelian cherry (cornus MAS L.) juices as a source of minerals in human dietM Krosniak
Department of Food Chemistry and Nutrition, Faculty of Pharmacy, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
J Toxicol Environ Health A 73:1155-8. 2010The aim of this study was to determine the mineral content of Cornelian cherry (Cornus mas L.), as this fruit and its preservatives may be considered as important nutritional supplements...
- Pharmacokinetic parameters of morroniside in iridoid glycosides of Fructus corni processing based on back-propagation neural networkGang Cao
Research Center of TCM Processing Technology, Zhejiang Chinese Medical University, Hangzhou, PR China
Pharm Biol 49:989-93. 2011Fructus Corni is derived from the dry ripe sarcocarp of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc. (Cornaceae). Morroniside is an active constituent of Fructus Corni used in many traditional Chinese medicines (TCMs)...
- Low genetic diversity, moderate local adaptation, and phylogeographic insights in Cornus nuttallii (Cornaceae)Karolyn R Keir
Centre for Forest Conservation Genetics, University of British Columbia, 3027 2424 Main Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6T 1Z4
Am J Bot 98:1327-36. 2011Genetic knowledge is completely lacking for Pacific dogwood (Cornus nuttallii), a western North American temperate tree that is pollinated and dispersed by biological vectors...
- Neuroprotective effect of morroniside on focal cerebral ischemia in ratsWen Wang
Xuanwu Hospital of Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Brain Res Bull 83:196-201. 2010b>Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc., known as Shan-zhu-yu in Chinese, has been used to treat cerebrovascular disease and diabetes in Traditional Chinese Medicine for a long time and morroniside is the main component of Shan-zhu-yu...
- Peroxyl radical scavenging capacity of extracts and isolated components from selected medicinal plantsSun Ju Kim
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 33:867-73. 2010..plants, Poncirus trifoliata, Astragalus membranaceus, Magnolia obovata, Salvia miltiorrhiza, Angelica dahurica, Cornus officinalis, Cnidium officinale, Pueraria lobata and Ostericum koreanum, to neutralize peroxyl radicals using the ..
- [Studies on chemistry component and the biological activity of petroleum ether extraction from pre-and post-processed of Cornus officinalis]Guan Ye Li
Department of Chemistry, Nanjing Agricutural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Zhong Yao Cai 33:192-5. 2010..basis for improving pharmacodynamics by comparing the chemical constituents of petroleum ether extraction from crude and processed Cornus officinalis and the effects on the immunologic function of mice with immunosuppression induced.
- Comparative study on α-glucosidase inhibitory effects of total iridoid glycosides in the crude products and the wine-processed products from Cornus officinalisLi hua He
The Medical School, Hunan Normal University, Changsha, Hunan, P R China
Yakugaku Zasshi 131:1801-5. 2011..inhibitory effect of total iridoid glycosides from crude products and processed products (Paozhi in Chinese) of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc. by α-glucosidase and glucose tolerance test in mice...
- The control of human locomotor pointing under restricted informational conditionsA de Rugy
CNRS et Unversité de la méditerranée, Faculte des Sciences du Sport, UMR Mouvement et Perception, 163 Avenue de Luminy CP 910, 13288 Marseille, Cedex, France
Neurosci Lett 281:87-90. 2000..continuously operates during locomotor pointing tasks (e.g. long jumping) (Montagne, G., Cornus, S., Glize, D., Quaine, F. and Laurent, M., A 'perception-action coupling' type of control in long-jumping. J...
- Response to kainic acid injections: changes in staining for zinc, FOS, cell death and glial response in the rat forebrainA Riba-Bosch
Departament de Biologia Cel lular, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat de Biologia, Diagonal 645, ES 08071 Barcelona, Spain
Neuroscience 125:803-18. 2004..In contrast sulphide/silver staining for zinc showed virtually no rise in cytoplasmic zinc (except in cornus ammonis field 1 of the hippocampus) 6 h after injection, and a decrease (bleaching) in some terminal fields ..
- Phylogenetic analyses in cornus substantiate ancestry of xylem supercooling freezing behavior and reveal lineage of desiccation related proteinsDale T Karlson
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 1165, USA
Plant Physiol 135:1654-65. 2004..Here we use Cornus as a model system to provide the first phylogenetic characterization of xylem freezing behavior and dehydrin-like ..
- Regulation of ischemic cell death by the lipoic acid-palladium complex, Poly MVA, in gerbilsFrancis J Antonawich
Department of Neurology, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8121, USA
Exp Neurol 189:10-5. 2004..Transient cerebral ischemia will induce apoptotic cell death selectively to hippocampal cornus ammon's field 1 of the hippocampus (CA1) pyramidal cells, while neighboring CA3 and dentate neurons are spared...
- Regional differences in rates of plant speciation and molecular evolution: a comparison between eastern Asia and eastern North AmericaQiu Yun Jenny Xiang
Department of Botany, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695 7612, USA
Evolution 58:2175-84. 2004..We first identified EAS-ENA disjunct sister clades from ten genera (Asarum, Buckleya, Carpinus, Carya, Cornus, Hamamelis, Illicium, Panax, Stewartia, and Styrax) that represent diverse angiosperm lineages using phylogenetic ..
- Prolonged herbicide-induced vegetation changes in a regenerating boreal aspen clearcutW L Strong
Faculty of Environmental Design, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive N W, Calgary, Alta, Canada T2N 1N4
J Environ Manage 77:194-204. 2005..dewberry), and Spiraea betulifolia Pallas (spiraea), but Aralia nudicaulis L. (sarsaparilla), Cornus canadensis L. (bunchberry), and Symphyotrichum ciliolatum (Lindl.) A.&D. Lve (Lindley's aster) increased...
- Phylogeny, biogeography, and molecular dating of cornelian cherries (Cornus, Cornaceae): tracking Tertiary plant migrationQiu Yun Xiang
Department of Botany, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 7612, USA
Evolution 59:1685-700. 2005..the phylogeny and biogeographic history of an intercontinentally disjunct plant group, the cornelian cherries of Cornus (dogwoods)...
- EAAC1 glutamate transporter expression in the rat lithium-pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsyBrigitte Voutsinos-Porche
INSERM U 666, Faculty of Medicine, Strasbourg, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 26:1419-30. 2006..lithium-pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus, EAAC1 transporter expression increased in the pyramidal neurons of cornus ammonis (CA)1, CA2 and CA3 (fields of the hippocampus), in dentate gyrus (DG) granule cells and in olfactory ..
- Quantitative analysis and subcellular distribution of mRNA and protein expression of the hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channels throughout development in rat hippocampusAmy L Brewster
Department of Anatomy, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4475, USA
Cereb Cortex 17:702-12. 2007..In cornus ammon 1 (CA) pyramidal cell layer, a robust increase of HCN1 mRNA and protein expression occurred with age, with ..
- [Morphological-ecological characters and growth patterns of main tree species leaves in urban forest of Shenyang]Wenduo Xu
Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang 110016, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 17:1999-2005. 2006..in the sequence of Lespedeza cyrtobotrya > Syringa oblata > Sophora japonica > Populus alba > Cornus alba > Lonicera maackii > Ligustrum obtusifolium > Fraxinus mandshurica > Prunus padus > ..
- Morroniside protects cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells from damage by high ambient glucoseHui Qin Xu
College of Pharmacy, Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210029, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 25:412-5. 2004To determine whether morroniside, a compound in Cornus officinalis Sieb et Zucc can prevent cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) from damage by high ambient glucose.
- Bioindicator plants for ambient ozone in Central and Eastern EuropeW J Manning
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003 USA
Environ Pollut 130:33-9. 2004..Impatiens parviflora, Lapsana communis, Rumex acetosa and Senecio subalpinus; the shrubs Corylus avellana, Cornus sanguinea and Sambucus racemosa; the trees Alnus incana, Pinus cembra and Sorbus aucuparia; and the vines Humulus ..
- Timing the eastern Asian-eastern North American floristic disjunction: molecular clock corroborates paleontological estimatesQ Y Xiang
Department of Biological Sciences, Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho, 83209 8007, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 15:462-72. 2000..Sequence divergence of rbcL was examined for 22 species of 11 genera (Campsis, Caulophyllum, Cornus, Decumaria, Liriodendron, Menispermum, Mitchella, Pachysandra, Penthorum, Podophyllum, and Phryma) representing a ..
- Effects of consolidated tailings water on red-osier dogwood (Cornus stolonifera Michx) seedlingsS Renault
Department of Renewable Resources, University of Alberta, 4 42 Earth Sciences Building, Edmonton, Canada T6G 2E3
Environ Pollut 113:27-33. 2001..Red-osier dogwood (Cornus stolonifera Michx) was demonstrated to be relatively salt resistant and to have high potential for the reclamation ..
- Response to stem bending in forest shrubs: stem or shoot reorientation and shoot releaseB F Wilson
Department of Forestry and Wildlife Management, University of Massachusetts, Amherst 01003, USA
Can J Bot 75:1643-8. 1997..I tested for these responses in Ilex verticillata L., Cornus amomum Mill., Gaylussacia baccata (Wang.) K. Koch, Viburnum cassinoides L., Hamamelis virginiana L...
- Branch geometry in Cornus kousa (Cornaceae): computer simulationsH Honda
Kanebo Institute for Cancer Research, Osaka, Japan
Am J Bot 84:745-55. 1997..Branch orientation with respect to the direction of gravity was a fundamental consideration. In Cornus kousa BUERG...
- Why leaves turn red in autumn. The role of anthocyanins in senescing leaves of red-osier dogwoodT S Feild
Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Plant Physiol 127:566-74. 2001..Here, we provide evidence for red-osier dogwood (Cornus stolonifera) that anthocyanins form a pigment layer in the palisade mesophyll layer that decreases light capture ..
- Insect growth inhibitor activity of arjunolic acid isolated from Cornus capitataR S Bhakuni
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, P O CIMAP, Lucknow 226015, India
Phytother Res 16:S68-70. 2002Arjunolic acid (a pentacyclictrihydroxytriterpenic acid) isolated from the stem of Cornus capitata (Cornaceae) exhibited significant inhibitory activity towards 4th instar larvae of Spilarctia obliqua...
- Antioxidant activity in medicinal plants associated with the symptoms of diabetes mellitus used by the indigenous peoples of the North American boreal forestLetitia M McCune
Department of Plant Science, Macdonald Campus, McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada
J Ethnopharmacol 82:197-205. 2002..The methanol extracts of Rhus hirta, Quercus alba and Cornus stolonifera performed similarly to green tea's in this assay...
- Gene expression associated with in vivo induction of early phase-long-term potentiation (LTP) in the hippocampal mossy fiber-Cornus Ammonis (CA)3 pathwayK J Thompson
University of Texas at San Antonio, Department of Biology, 6900 N Loop 1604 West, San Antonio, TX 78249, USA
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 49:1281-7. 2003..with in vivo N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)-R-independent long-term potentiation (LTP) in the mossy fiber (MF)-Cornus Ammonis (CA)3 pathway of adult male F344 rats...