Prochlorococcus marinus str. MIT 9313
Alias: Prochlorococcus marinus MIT9313, Prochlorococcus sp. MIT 9313, Prochlorococcus sp. MIT9313
- Partial sequence of ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase and the phylogeny of Prochloron and Prochlorococcus (Prochlorales)A Shimada
Marine Biotechnology Institute MBI, Shimizu Laboratories, Shizuoka, Japan
J Mol Evol 40:671-7. 1995..The molecular phylogenetic tree indicates that a common ancestor of Prochlorococcus and gamma-purple bacteria branched off from the land plant lineage earlier than Prochloron, Prochlorothrix, and cyanobacteria...
- Phycobiliprotein genes of the marine photosynthetic prokaryote Prochlorococcus: evidence for rapid evolution of genetic heterogeneityC S Ting
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Microbiology 147:3171-82. 2001..The evolution of the Prochlorococcus light-harvesting antenna complex provides an important system for understanding the origins and scope of phylogenetic diversity in ocean ecosystems...
- GAPDH gene diversity in spirochetes: a paradigm for genetic promiscuityR M Figge
Institut fur Genetik, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Spielmannstrasse 7, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Mol Biol Evol 18:2240-9. 2001..Furthermore, we provide evidence that the GAPDH genes present in the protists Parabasalia may also be of spirochetal descent...
- Sucrose metabolism: Anabaena sucrose-phosphate synthase and sucrose-phosphate phosphatase define minimal functional domains shuffled during evolutionAndrea Cumino
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, FIBA, Mar del Plata, Argentina
FEBS Lett 517:19-23. 2002..Phylogenetic analysis points towards the evolution of modern cyanobacterial and plant SBP from a bidomainal common ancestral SPS-like gene...
- Low-light-adapted Prochlorococcus species possess specific antennae for each photosystemT S Bibby
Wolfson Laboratories, Biochemistry Building, Department of Biological Sciences, South Kensington Campus, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Nature 424:1051-4. 2003..Thus, it seems that the adaptation of Prochlorococcus to low light environments has triggered a multiplication and specialization of Pcb proteins comparable to that found for Cab proteins in plants and green algae...
- Global features of sequences of bacterial chromosomes, plasmids and phages revealed by analysis of oligonucleotide usage patternsOleg N Reva
Klinische Forschergruppe, OE6711, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625 Hanover, Germany
BMC Bioinformatics 5:90. 2004..In this paper we analyzed oligonucleotide usage (OU) biases in a comprehensive collection of 155 completely sequenced bacterial chromosomes, 316 plasmids and 104 phages...
- In vivo production of active nickel superoxide dismutase from Prochlorococcus marinus MIT9313 is dependent on its cognate peptidaseThomas Eitinger
Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Institut für Biologie Mikrobiologie, 10115 Berlin, Germany
J Bacteriol 186:7821-5. 2004..NiSOD activity was observed in Escherichia coli when sodN and sodX (encoding a putative peptidase) from Prochlorococcus marinus MIT9313 were coexpressed.