Genomes and Genes
Dictyostelium discoideum AX4
Alias: Dictyostelium discoideum strain AX4
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Saito T, Kato A, Kay R. DIF-1 induces the basal disc of the Dictyostelium fruiting body. Dev Biol. 2008;317:444-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, DIF-1 is required for slug migration and specifies the anterior-like cells forming the basal disc and much of the lower cup; significantly the DIF-1 biosynthetic pathway may supply a second signal - dM-DIF-1. ..
- Choe J, Bakthavatsalam D, Phillips J, Gomer R. Dictyostelium cells bind a secreted autocrine factor that represses cell proliferation. BMC Biochem. 2009;10:4 pubmed publisher..Combined with the results presented here, this suggests that CrlA is not the AprA or CfaD receptor, and may be the receptor for an unknown third factor that is required for AprA and CfaD activity. ..
- Duran M, Rahman A, Colten M, Brazill D. Dictyostelium discoideum paxillin regulates actin-based processes. Protist. 2009;160:221-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data suggest that proper expression of PaxB is vital for the regulation of development and actin-dependent processes. ..
- Blau Wasser R, Euteneuer U, Xiong H, Gassen B, Schleicher M, Noegel A. CP250, a novel acidic coiled-coil protein of the Dictyostelium centrosome, affects growth, chemotaxis, and the nuclear envelope. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4348-61 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, loss of CP250 affected the nuclear envelope and led to reduced amounts and altered distribution of Sun-1, a conserved nuclear envelope protein that connects the centrosome to chromatin. ..
- Ray S, Chen Y, Ayoung J, Hanna R, Brazill D. Phospholipase D controls Dictyostelium development by regulating G protein signaling. Cell Signal. 2011;23:335-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that phospholipase D activity is required for CMF to alter the kinetics of cAMP-induced G protein signaling. ..
- Peracino B, Balest A, Bozzaro S. Phosphoinositides differentially regulate bacterial uptake and Nramp1-induced resistance to Legionella infection in Dictyostelium. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:4039-51 pubmed publisher..A model is presented to explain how Legionella escapes fusion with acidic vesicles and Nramp1-induced resistance to pathogens. ..
- Rai A, Nöthe H, Tzvetkov N, Korenbaum E, Manstein D. Dictyostelium dynamin B modulates cytoskeletal structures and membranous organelles. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:2751-67 pubmed publisher..Other functions displayed by dynamin B are commonly associated with either classical dynamins or dynamin-related proteins. ..
- Riyahi T, Frese F, Steinert M, Omosigho N, Glockner G, Eichinger L, et al. RpkA, a highly conserved GPCR with a lipid kinase domain, has a role in phagocytosis and anti-bacterial defense. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27311 pubmed publisher..Furthermore rpkA(-) exhibited reduced nitrogen starvation tolerance, an indicator for a reduced autophagy rate. Our results indicate that RpkA is a component of the defense system of D. discoideum as well as other lower eukaryotes. ..
- Araki T, Williams J. Perturbations of the actin cytoskeleton activate a Dictyostelium STAT signalling pathway. Eur J Cell Biol. 2012;91:420-5 pubmed publisher..We suggest that PTP3 phosphorylation, and consequent STATc activation, are regulated by changes in F-actin polymerization status during stress and DIF-induced cytoskeletal remodelling. ..
- Avesson L, Reimegård J, Wagner E, Söderbom F. MicroRNAs in Amoebozoa: deep sequencing of the small RNA population in the social amoeba Dictyostelium discoideum reveals developmentally regulated microRNAs. RNA. 2012;18:1771-82 pubmed publisher..discoideum. In addition, we find miRNAs processed from hairpin structures originating from an intron as well as from a class of repetitive elements. We believe that these repetitive elements are sources for newly evolved miRNAs. ..
- Galardi Castilla M, Pergolizzi B, Bloomfield G, Skelton J, Ivens A, Kay R, et al. SrfB, a member of the Serum Response Factor family of transcription factors, regulates starvation response and early development in Dictyostelium. Dev Biol. 2008;316:260-74 pubmed publisher..Genes coding for lysosomal and ribosomal proteins, developmentally-regulated genes, and some genes coding for proteins involved in cytoskeleton regulation were deregulated during the first stages of development. ..
- Zhang S, Charest P, Firtel R. Spatiotemporal regulation of Ras activity provides directional sensing. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1587-1593 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings suggest that Ras is part of the cell's compass and that the RasGAP-mediated regulation of Ras activity affects directional sensing. ..
- Nagasaki A, Kanada M, Uyeda T. Cell adhesion molecules regulate contractile ring-independent cytokinesis in Dictyostelium discoideum. Cell Res. 2009;19:236-46 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, that paxB(-) cells fail to divide normally in the presence of substrate adhesion suggests that this adhesion molecule may play additional signaling roles. ..
- Ludlow M, Durai L, Ennion S. Functional characterization of intracellular Dictyostelium discoideum P2X receptors. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:35227-39 pubmed publisher..Responses to the calmodulin antagonist calmidazolium, however, were reduced in p2xA/B/C/D/E null cells suggesting that dP2X receptors play a role in intracellular calcium signaling. ..
- Teo R, Lewis K, Forde J, Ryves W, Reddy J, Rogers B, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase-3 is required for efficient Dictyostelium chemotaxis. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2788-96 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that GskA is required during early stages of Dictyostelium development, in which it is necessary for both chemotaxis and cell signaling. ..
- Dubin M, Nellen W. A versatile set of tagged expression vectors to monitor protein localisation and function in Dictyostelium. Gene. 2010;465:1-8 pubmed publisher..These vectors were used to study the localisation of several putative RNA processing proteins including EriA and DicerB. ..
- Dias M, Blanc C, Thazar Poulot N, Ben Larbi S, Cosson P, Letourneur F. Dictyostelium ACAP-A is an ArfGAP involved in cytokinesis, cell migration and actin cytoskeleton dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:756-66 pubmed publisher..Together, our data support a role for ACAP-A in the control of the actin cytoskeleton organization and dynamics through an ArfA-dependent mechanism. ..
- Nagayama K, Itono S, Yoshida T, Ishiguro S, Ochiai H, Ohmachi T. Antisense RNA inhibition of the beta subunit of the Dictyostelium discoideum mitochondrial processing peptidase induces the expression of mitochondrial proteins. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1836-46 pubmed..This is the pathway of the transfer of information from the mitochondria to the nucleus. ..
- Bennett N, Letourneur F, Ragno M, Louwagie M. Sorting of the v-SNARE VAMP7 in Dictyostelium discoideum: a role for more than one Adaptor Protein (AP) complex. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2822-33 pubmed publisher..It also raises the hypothesis of an interaction with AP-1 and AP-4. GFP-VAMP7 is retrieved from the endocytic pathway at and/or before the late post-lysosomal stage through an AP-independent mechanism. ..
- Kamimura Y, Xiong Y, Iglesias P, Hoeller O, Bolourani P, Devreotes P. PIP3-independent activation of TorC2 and PKB at the cell's leading edge mediates chemotaxis. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1034-43 pubmed publisher..These in turn phosphorylate a series of signaling and cytoskeletal proteins, thereby regulating directed migration. ..
- Bosgraaf L, Keizer Gunnink I, Van Haastert P. PI3-kinase signaling contributes to orientation in shallow gradients and enhances speed in steep chemoattractant gradients. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3589-97 pubmed publisher..These results show that, although PI3K signaling is dispensable for chemotaxis, it gives the wild type an advantage over mutant cells. ..
- Nguyen H, Hadwiger J. The Galpha4 G protein subunit interacts with the MAP kinase ERK2 using a D-motif that regulates developmental morphogenesis in Dictyostelium. Dev Biol. 2009;335:385-95 pubmed publisher..These results suggest Galpha4 subunit-MAPK interactions are necessary for developmental morphogenesis but not for chemotaxis to folate. ..
- Nguyen H, Raisley B, Hadwiger J. MAP kinases have different functions in Dictyostelium G protein-mediated signaling. Cell Signal. 2010;22:836-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest ERK1 and ERK2 have different roles in G protein-mediated signaling during growth and development. ..
- Cai H, Das S, Kamimura Y, Long Y, Parent C, Devreotes P. Ras-mediated activation of the TORC2-PKB pathway is critical for chemotaxis. J Cell Biol. 2010;190:233-45 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that RasC is an upstream regulator of TORC2 and that the TORC2-PKB signaling mediates effects of activated Ras proteins on the cytoskeleton and cell migration. ..
- BENABENTOS R, Hirose S, Sucgang R, Curk T, Katoh M, Ostrowski E, et al. Polymorphic members of the lag gene family mediate kin discrimination in Dictyostelium. Curr Biol. 2009;19:567-72 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal an early evolutionary origin of kin discrimination and provide insight into the mechanism of social recognition and immunity. ..
- Catalano A, O Day D. Calmodulin-binding proteins in the model organism Dictyostelium: a complete & critical review. Cell Signal. 2008;20:277-91 pubmed..A general, hypothetical model for the role of calmodulin in myosin regulation is proposed. ..
- Tikhonenko I, Nag D, Martin N, Koonce M. Kinesin-5 is not essential for mitotic spindle elongation in Dictyostelium. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2008;65:853-62 pubmed publisher..More importantly, there is a dramatic, premature separation of spindle halves in kif13(-) cells, suggesting a novel role of this motor in maintaining spindle integrity at the terminal stages of division. ..
- King J, Veltman D, Georgiou M, Baum B, Insall R. SCAR/WAVE is activated at mitosis and drives myosin-independent cytokinesis. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2246-55 pubmed publisher..EB1-null cells also exhibit decreased adhesion during mitosis. Our data reveal a spindle-directed signalling pathway that regulates SCAR activity, migration and adhesion at mitosis. ..
- Veltman D, Auciello G, Spence H, Machesky L, Rappoport J, Insall R. Functional analysis of Dictyostelium IBARa reveals a conserved role of the I-BAR domain in endocytosis. Biochem J. 2011;436:45-52 pubmed publisher..The results from the present study suggest that I-BAR-containing proteins help generate the membrane curvature required for endocytosis and implies an unexpected role for IRSp53 family proteins in vesicle trafficking. ..
- Narita T, Koide K, Morita N, Saito T. Dictyostelium hybrid polyketide synthase, SteelyA, produces 4-methyl-5-pentylbenzene-1,3-diol and induces spore maturation. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2011;319:82-7 pubmed publisher..This defect was restored by adding 200 nM of MPBD to the agar. These results indicate that SteelyA produces MPBD in vivo and induces spore maturation. ..
- Plak K, Veltman D, Fusetti F, Beeksma J, Rivero F, Van Haastert P, et al. GxcC connects Rap and Rac signaling during Dictyostelium development. BMC Cell Biol. 2013;14:6 pubmed publisher..GxcC provides a novel link between Rap and Rac signalling and is one of the Rap effectors regulating the progression of multicellular development. ..
- Barth C, Le P, Fisher P. Mitochondrial biology and disease in Dictyostelium. Int Rev Cytol. 2007;263:207-52 pubmed..This novel insight into the cytopathological mechanisms of mitochondrial dysfunction suggests new possibilities for therapeutic intervention in mitochondrial and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Lee N, Rodriguez M, Kim B, Kim L. Dictyostelium kinase DPYK3 negatively regulates STATc signaling in cell fate decision. Dev Growth Differ. 2008;50:607-13 pubmed publisher..In contrast to the positive STAT regulation by Janus Kinase in metazoans, Dictyostelium DPYK3 negatively regulates STATc during development in response to DIF-1 signaling. ..
- Tang Y, Gomer R. A protein with similarity to PTEN regulates aggregation territory size by decreasing cyclic AMP pulse size during Dictyostelium discoideum development. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:1758-70 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CnrN is a protein with some similarities to PTEN and that it regulates cAMP signal transduction to regulate territory size. ..
- Tung S, Unal C, Ley A, Peña C, Tunggal B, Noegel A, et al. Loss of Dictyostelium ATG9 results in a pleiotropic phenotype affecting growth, development, phagocytosis and clearance and replication of Legionella pneumophila. Cell Microbiol. 2010;12:765-80 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ATG9 and hence macroautophagy has a protective role during pathogen infection. ..
- Smith E, Lima W, Charette S, Cosson P. Effect of starvation on the endocytic pathway in Dictyostelium cells. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:387-92 pubmed publisher..Studying the endocytic pathway in starved cells can provide a different perspective, allowing the primary (invariant) defects resulting from specific mutations to be distinguished from their secondary (conditional) consequences. ..
- Charest P, Shen Z, Lakoduk A, Sasaki A, Briggs S, Firtel R. A Ras signaling complex controls the RasC-TORC2 pathway and directed cell migration. Dev Cell. 2010;18:737-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study uncovered a molecular mechanism whereby RasC activity and the spatiotemporal activation of TORC2 are tightly controlled at the leading edge of chemotaxing cells. ..
- Zhou Q, Kee Y, Poirier C, Jelinek C, Osborne J, Divi S, et al. 14-3-3 coordinates microtubules, Rac, and myosin II to control cell mechanics and cytokinesis. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1881-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, 14-3-3 appears to integrate several critical cytoskeletal elements that drive two important processes-cytokinesis cell shape change and cell mechanics. ..
- Bolourani P, Spiegelman G, Weeks G. Determinants of RasC specificity during Dictyostelium aggregation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41374-9 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize the importance of both the single amino acid at position 31 and the C-terminal sequence for the specific function of RasC during Dictyostelium aggregation. ..
- Abad M, Long Y, Willcox A, Gott J, Gray M, Jackman J. A role for tRNA(His) guanylyltransferase (Thg1)-like proteins from Dictyostelium discoideum in mitochondrial 5'-tRNA editing. RNA. 2011;17:613-23 pubmed publisher..discoideum suggests that gene duplication and divergence during evolution has resulted in paralogous proteins that use 3'-5' nucleotide addition reactions for diverse biological functions in the same organism. ..
- Artemenko Y, Batsios P, Borleis J, Gagnon Z, Lee J, Rohlfs M, et al. Tumor suppressor Hippo/MST1 kinase mediates chemotaxis by regulating spreading and adhesion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:13632-7 pubmed publisher..These studies show that Hippo/MST proteins, like the tumor suppressor PTEN and oncogenes Ras and PI3K, play a key role in cell morphological events in addition to their role in regulating cell growth. ..
- Srinivasan K, Wright G, Hames N, Housman M, Roberts A, Aufderheide K, et al. Delineating the core regulatory elements crucial for directed cell migration by examining folic-acid-mediated responses. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:221-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that similar components control gradient sensing during FA- and cAMP-mediated motility, but the response of polarized cells is more stable, which ultimately helps maintain their directionality. ..
- Chen G, Zhuchenko O, Kuspa A. Immune-like phagocyte activity in the social amoeba. Science. 2007;317:678-81 pubmed
- Lee N, Veeranki S, Kim B, Kim L. The function of PP2A/B56 in non-metazoan multicellular development. Differentiation. 2008;76:1104-10 pubmed publisher..This report shows that PP2A/DB56 controls not only metazoan development, but also non-metazoan cell fate decision processes. ..
- Cornillon S, Froquet R, Cosson P. Involvement of Sib proteins in the regulation of cellular adhesion in Dictyostelium discoideum. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:1600-5 pubmed publisher..Analysis of sibA and sibC mutant cells further suggests that variations in the expression levels of sibC account largely for changes in cellular adhesion in response to environmental cues. ..
- Jung G, Titus M, Hammer J. The Dictyostelium type V myosin MyoJ is responsible for the cortical association and motility of contractile vacuole membranes. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:555-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, myoJ cooperates with plus and minus end-directed microtubule motors to drive the normal distribution and dynamics of the CV complex in Dictyostelium. ..
- Guetta D, Langou K, Grunwald D, Klein G, Aubry L. FYVE-dependent endosomal targeting of an arrestin-related protein in amoeba. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15249 pubmed publisher..It provides the basis for a better understanding of arrestin-related protein involvement in trafficking processes and for further studies on the expanding roles of arrestins in eukaryotes. ..
- Froquet R, Le Coadic M, Perrin J, Cherix N, Cornillon S, Cosson P. TM9/Phg1 and SadA proteins control surface expression and stability of SibA adhesion molecules in Dictyostelium. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:679-86 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that TM9 proteins participate in cell adhesion by controlling the levels of adhesion proteins present at the cell surface. ..
- Garciandía A, Suarez T. The NMRA/NMRAL1 homologue PadA modulates the expression of extracellular cAMP relay genes during aggregation in Dictyostelium discoideum. Dev Biol. 2013;381:411-22 pubmed publisher..Our data support a regulatory role for PadA on the regulation of extracellular cAMP relay genes during aggregation and suggest that PadA is required to achieve carA full induction. ..
- Hoeller O, Bolourani P, Clark J, Stephens L, Hawkins P, Weiner O, et al. Two distinct functions for PI3-kinases in macropinocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4296-307 pubmed publisher..Thus, the fundamental function of PI3-kinases in growing Dictyostelium cells is in macropinocytosis where they have two distinct functions, supported by at least two separate Ras proteins. ..
- Sato Y, Kagami H, Narita T, Fukuzawa M, Saito T. Steely enzymes are involved in prestalk and prespore pattern formation. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:2008-12 pubmed..We found that MPBD regulates spore maturation at the culmination stage. We also found that the stlA and stlB double-knockout mutant lost pstA marker gene expression. ..
- Charette S, Cosson P. A LYST/beige homolog is involved in biogenesis of Dictyostelium secretory lysosomes. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2338-43 pubmed..These results suggest that LvsB is primarily involved in transport from lysosomes to post lysosomes, and thus plays a critical role in the maturation of lysosomes into fusion-competent post-lysosomal compartments. ..
- Shimada N, Kanno Tanabe N, Minemura K, Kawata T. GBF-dependent family genes morphologically suppress the partially active Dictyostelium STATa strain. Dev Genes Evol. 2008;218:55-68 pubmed publisher..Although overexpression of the hssA did not revert the expression of Dd-STATa target genes, and although its suppression mechanism remains unknown, morphological reversion implies functional relationships between Dd-STATa and hssA. ..
- Pollitt A, Insall R. Abi mutants in Dictyostelium reveal specific roles for the SCAR/WAVE complex in cytokinesis. Curr Biol. 2008;18:203-10 pubmed publisher..Detailed examination reveals that normal cytokinesis requires SCAR activity, apparently regulated through multiple pathways. ..
- Parkinson K, Bolourani P, Traynor D, Aldren N, Kay R, Weeks G, et al. Regulation of Rap1 activity is required for differential adhesion, cell-type patterning and morphogenesis in Dictyostelium. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:335-44 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that inactivation of RapGAPB affects prestalk and prespore cell adhesion. We therefore propose that a possible mechanism for RapGAPB-regulated cell sorting is through differential adhesion. ..
- Pollitt A, Insall R. Loss of Dictyostelium HSPC300 causes a scar-like phenotype and loss of SCAR protein. BMC Cell Biol. 2009;10:13 pubmed publisher..HSPC300 is essential for most SCAR complex functions. The phenotype of HSPC300 knockouts is most similar to mutants in scar, not the other members of the SCAR complex, suggesting that HSPC300 acts most directly on SCAR itself. ..
- Schulz I, Baumann O, Samereier M, Zoglmeier C, Gräf R. Dictyostelium Sun1 is a dynamic membrane protein of both nuclear membranes and required for centrosomal association with clustered centromeres. Eur J Cell Biol. 2009;88:621-38 pubmed publisher..FRAP analysis revealed at least two populations of Sun1, with an immobile fraction associated with the centrosome, and a mobile fraction in the nuclear envelope. ..
- Wen Y, Stavrou I, Bersuker K, Brady R, De Lozanne A, O Halloran T. AP180-mediated trafficking of Vamp7B limits homotypic fusion of Dictyostelium contractile vacuoles. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4278-88 pubmed publisher..Dictyostelium contractile vacuoles offer a valuable system to study clathrin-coated vesicles on internal organelles within eukaryotic cells. ..
- Mondal S, Burgute B, Rieger D, Muller R, Rivero F, Faix J, et al. Regulation of the actin cytoskeleton by an interaction of IQGAP related protein GAPA with filamin and cortexillin I. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15440 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of filamin and GAPA in the various strains suggests that GAPA regulates the actin cytoskeleton through interaction with Filamin and that it controls cytokinesis through association with Filamin and Cortexillin. ..
- Kastner P, Schleicher M, Müller Taubenberger A. The NDR family kinase NdrA of Dictyostelium localizes to the centrosome and is required for efficient phagocytosis. Traffic. 2011;12:301-12 pubmed publisher..We assume that in NdrA-null cells the defects in phagocytosis may be caused by an impairment of vesicle trafficking, which is involved in providing new membrane at the sites of particle uptake. ..
- Poloz Y, Catalano A, O Day D. Bestatin inhibits cell growth, cell division, and spore cell differentiation in Dictyostelium discoideum. Eukaryot Cell. 2012;11:545-57 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have identified that BME inhibits cell growth, division, and differentiation in Dictyostelium likely through inhibition of PsaA. ..
- Röhlk C, Rohlfs M, Leier S, Schliwa M, Liu X, Parsch J, et al. Properties of the Kinesin-1 motor DdKif3 from Dictyostelium discoideum. Eur J Cell Biol. 2008;87:237-49 pubmed..Despite a similar phylogenetic distance to both metazoa and fungi, in terms of its biochemical properties DdKif3 revealed a closer similarity to fungal than animal kinesins. ..
- Taft M, Hartmann F, Rump A, Keller H, Chizhov I, Manstein D, et al. Dictyostelium myosin-5b is a conditional processive motor. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26902-10 pubmed publisher..In addition, we provide evidence that the observed changes in Dd myosin-5b motor activity are of physiological relevance and propose a mechanism by which this molecular motor can switch between processive and non-processive movement. ..
- Chen Z, Schilde C, Schaap P. Functional dissection of adenylate cyclase R, an inducer of spore encapsulation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41724-31 pubmed publisher..Combined with the observation that the isolated AC domain was inactive, the dominant-negative effect of ?CRA strongly suggests that the defunct phosphoacceptor domain acquired a novel role in enforcing dimerization of the AC domain. ..
- Cha I, Jeon T. Dynamic localization of the actin-bundling protein cortexillin I during cell migration. Mol Cells. 2011;32:281-7 pubmed publisher..Our present study provides a new insight into the function of cortexillins during reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton and cell migration. ..
- Strasser K, Bloomfield G, Macwilliams A, Ceccarelli A, MacWilliams H, Tsang A. A retinoblastoma orthologue is a major regulator of S-phase, mitotic, and developmental gene expression in Dictyostelium. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39914 pubmed publisher..In the absence of a G1 phase, however, RblA functions in late G2 controlling the expression of both S-phase and mitotic genes. ..
- Jeon T, Lee D, Merlot S, Weeks G, Firtel R. Rap1 controls cell adhesion and cell motility through the regulation of myosin II. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:1021-33 pubmed..We suggest that Rap1/Phg2 plays a role in controlling leading edge myosin II disassembly while passively allowing myosin II assembly along the lateral sides and posterior of the cell...
- Carnell M, Zech T, Calaminus S, Ura S, Hagedorn M, Johnston S, et al. Actin polymerization driven by WASH causes V-ATPase retrieval and vesicle neutralization before exocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:831-9 pubmed publisher..Our data imply a new mechanism, actin-mediated sorting, in which WASH and the Arp2/3 complex polymerize actin on vesicles to drive the separation and recycling of proteins such as the V-ATPase...
- Sriskanthadevan S, Brar S, Manoharan K, Siu C. Ca(2+) -calmodulin interacts with DdCAD-1 and promotes DdCAD-1 transport by contractile vacuoles in Dictyostelium cells. FEBS J. 2013;280:1795-806 pubmed publisher..Together, the data show that calmodulin forms a complex with DdCAD-1 and promotes the docking and import of DdCAD-1 into contractile vacuoles...
- Brock D, Gomer R. A secreted factor represses cell proliferation in Dictyostelium. Development. 2005;132:4553-62 pubmed..AprA may thus decrease the number of multinucleate cells and increase spore production. Together, the data suggest that AprA functions as part of a Dictyostelium chalone...
- Peracino B, Wagner C, Balest A, Balbo A, Pergolizzi B, Noegel A, et al. Function and mechanism of action of Dictyostelium Nramp1 (Slc11a1) in bacterial infection. Traffic. 2006;7:22-38 pubmed..pneumophila infection. Evidence is provided that Nramp1 transports metal cations out of the phagolysosome in an ATP-dependent process and that L. pneumophila and M. avium use different mechanisms to neutralize Nramp1 activity...
- Bakthavatsalam D, Brock D, Nikravan N, Houston K, Hatton R, Gomer R. The secreted Dictyostelium protein CfaD is a chalone. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2473-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that two interacting proteins may function together as a chalone signal in a negative feedback loop that slows Dictyostelium cell proliferation...
- Anjard C, Su Y, Loomis W. Steroids initiate a signaling cascade that triggers rapid sporulation in Dictyostelium. Development. 2009;136:803-12 pubmed publisher..SDF-3 is at the head of the cascade that amplifies the signal for encapsulation to ensure the rapid, synchronous formation of spores...
- Hagedorn M, Rohde K, Russell D, Soldati T. Infection by tubercular mycobacteria is spread by nonlytic ejection from their amoeba hosts. Science. 2009;323:1729-33 pubmed publisher..This insight offers new directions for research into the spreading of tubercular mycobacteria infections in mammalian cells...
- Catalano A, O Day D. Nucleolar localization and identification of nuclear/nucleolar localization signals of the calmodulin-binding protein nucleomorphin during growth and mitosis in Dictyostelium. Histochem Cell Biol. 2011;135:239-49 pubmed publisher..The possible use of nuclear/nucleolar localization signal-mediated drug targeting to nucleoli is discussed...
- Hsu D, Kiely R, Couto C, Wang H, Hudson J, Borer C, et al. DNA double-strand break repair pathway choice in Dictyostelium. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1655-63 pubmed publisher..These data illustrate a functional NHEJ pathway in vegetative Dictyostelium and the importance of Ku in regulating DSB repair choice during this phase of the life cycle...