Genomes and Genes
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- The prevalence of intestinal parasites in dogs from Prague, rural areas, and shelters of the Czech RepublicS Dubná
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Agriculture in Prague, Kamycka 957, 165 21 Prague 6, Suchdol, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 145:120-8. 2007..9%), Dipylidium sp. (0.7%), Sarcocystis spp. (0.6%), Capillaria spp. (0.6%), Neospora/Hammondia spp. (0.5%), Ancylostoma sp. (0.4%), Uncinaria sp. (0.4%), and Spirocerca sp. (0.2%)...
- Prevalence of endoparasitic infection in children and its relation with cholera prevention efforts in MexicoCharles T Faulkner
University of Tennessee, Department of Comparative Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee 37796 4543, United States of America
Rev Panam Salud Publica 14:31-41. 2003....
- [Prevalence of intestinal canine and feline parasites in Saitama Prefecture, Japan]Norishige Yamamoto
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Saitama Institute of Public Health
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 83:223-8. 2009..Trichuris vulpis was the most prevalent canine parasite species (22.3%), followed by Toxocara canis (12.5%), Ancylostoma caninum (10.4%), Isospora ohioensis (2.1%), Spirometra erinaceieuropaei (1.0%), Crypstosporidium sp. (0...
- Nematode infections of the eye: toxocariasis and diffuse unilateral subacute neuroretinitisN A Sabrosa
Department of Ophthalmology, University of São Paulo FMUSP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 12:450-4. 2001..The parasites Toxocara canis, Onchocerca volvulus, Taenia solium, Ancylostoma caninum, and Cysticercus celulosae all have been responsible for blinding ocular infections. The nematodes T...
- The complete mitochondrial genomes for three Toxocara species of human and animal health significanceMing wei Li
Laboratory of Parasitology, College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province 510642, PROC
BMC Genomics 9:224. 2008..Although they are of importance in human and animal health, no information on the mt genomes for any of Toxocara species is available...
- Albendazole: a review of anthelmintic efficacy and safety in humansJ Horton
Therapeutics Tropical Medicine, SmithKline Beecham International, Brentford, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Parasitology 121:S113-32. 2000..March 1998 both for the recommended single dose of 400 mg for hookworm (separately for Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale when possible), Ascaris lumbricoides, Trichuris trichiura, and Enterobius vermicularis and, in ..
- Structure and organization of the mitochondrial genome of the canine heartworm, Dirofilaria immitisM Hu
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Highway, Werribee, Victoria 3030, Australia
Parasitology 127:37-51. 2003..immitis and those of Caenorhabditis elegans, Ascaris suum and the 2 human hookworms, Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus. For D...
- Tribendimidine: a promising, safe and broad-spectrum anthelmintic agent from ChinaShu Hua Xiao
National Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Chinese Center for Diseases Control and Prevention, Shanghai, China
Acta Trop 94:1-14. 2005..showed high efficacy against Nippostrongylus braziliensis in rats, Necator americanus in hamsters, Ancylostoma caninum and Toxocara canis in dogs, and Syphacia mesocriceti in mice...
- Hematology, parasitology, and serology of free-ranging coyotes (Canis latrans) from South CarolinaDebra Lee Miller
The University of Georgia, College of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Diagnostic and Investigational Laboratory, Tifton, GA 31793, USA
J Wildl Dis 45:863-9. 2009..Parvovirus was identified by electron microscopy from the feces of one adult. Ancylostoma spp., Trichuris spp., and Isospora spp. were observed in fecal samples...
- [Current prevalence of toxocariasis and other intestinal parasitoses among dogs in Bratislava]A Totkova
Parazitologický ustav LF UK Bratislava
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 55:17-22. 2006..7%) and 2 (0.4%) samples, respectively. Taenia sp., Dipilidium caninum, Ancylostoma sp., Capillaria sp., Trichuris vulpis and Strongyloides sp. were also among intestinal worms detected...
- [Immune, inflammatory, and nutritional protein profile in children with iron deficiency in Côte d'Ivoire]Houphouët Félix Yapi
Laboratoire de pharmacodynamie biochimique, UFR Biosciences, Université de Cocody Abidjan, Abidjan 22, Cote d Ivoire
Sante 19:25-8. 2009..in particular, Plasmodium falciparum, Giardia intestinalis, Trichomonas intestinalis, Ascaris lumbricoides, and Ancylostoma. Inflammatory, immune and nutritional proteins were measured by radial immunodiffusion (Mancini's method)...
- Gastrointestinal helminths of free-ranging Florida panthers (Puma concolor coryi) and the efficacy of the current anthelmintic treatment protocolGarry W Foster
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, P O Box 110880, Gainesville, Florida 32611 0880, USA
J Wildl Dis 42:402-6. 2006..helminths were Alaria marcianae (LaRue, 1917) (100%), Spirometra mansonoides (Mueller, 1935) (91%), and Ancylostoma pluridentatum (Alessandrini, 1905) (89%)...
- Infection status with helminthes in feral cats purchased from a market in Busan, Republic of KoreaWoon Mok Sohn
Department of Parasitology and Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University College of Medicine, Jinju 660 751, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 43:93-100. 2005..Among these were a host of nematodes, including toxocarids, Ancylostoma sp...
- Effect of short-term coyote removal on populations of coyote helminthsScott E Henke
MSC 218, Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute, Texas A and M University Kingsville, Kingsville, Texas 78363 8202, USA
J Wildl Dis 38:54-67. 2002..14 +/- 0.01 coyotes/km2. Twelve helminth species consisting of seven nematodes (Ancylostoma caninum, Physaloptera rara, Toxascaris leonina, Dirofilaria immitis, Spirocerca lupi, Oslerus osleri, and ..
- Comparison of the efficacies of three heartworm preventives against experimentally induced infections with Ancylostoma caninum and Toxocara canis in pupsC R Reinemeyer
Department of Environmental Practice, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37996 4500, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 206:1710-5. 1995..Each pup was inoculated PO with approximately 100 infective Ancylostoma caninum larvae and 100 larvated Toxocara canis eggs on day 0, and repeatedly at 7-day intervals thereafter ..
- Prevalence of dog intestinal parasites and risk perception of zoonotic infection by dog owners in São Paulo State, BrazilS Katagiri
Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Zoonoses Public Health 55:406-13. 2008..5%), three (3.2%) or four (1.2%). The following parasites and their respective frequencies were detected: Ancylostoma (37.8%), Giardia (16.9%), Toxocara canis (8.7%), Trichuris vulpis (7.1%), Dipylidium caninum (2...
- The mitochondrial genomes of the human hookworms, Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus (Nematoda: Secernentea)Min Hu
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Highway, Victoria 3030, Werribee, Australia
Int J Parasitol 32:145-58. 2002The complete mitochondrial genome sequences were determined for two species of human hookworms, Ancylostoma duodenale (13,721 bp) and Necator americanus (13,604 bp)...
- Prevalence of endoparasites in household cat (Felis catus) populations from Transylvania (Romania) and association with risk factorsViorica Mircean
University of Agricultural Science and Veterinary Medicine, Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases Department, 3 5 Mănăştur Street, Cod 400372, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Vet Parasitol 171:163-6. 2010..6% cats. The detected parasites were Toxocara cati (20.3%), Ancylostoma spp. (10.1%), Isospora rivolta (8.9%), Isospora felis (5.3%), Aelurostrongylus abstrusus (5...
- Failure of pyrantel in treatment of human hookworm infections (Ancylostoma duodenale) in the Kimberley region of north west AustraliaJ A Reynoldson
World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for the Molecular Epidemiology of Parasitic Infections, Murdoch University, Western Australia
Acta Trop 68:301-12. 1997..8%, Entamoeba coli--40.7%) and five gastrointestinal helminths (Hymenolepis nana--54.6%, Hookworm [Ancylostoma duodenale]--30.6%, Enterobius vermicularis--6.5%, Trichuris trichiura--2.8%, Strongyloides stercoralis 1...
- Prevalence of parasites in soil and dog feces according to diagnostic testsArisa Mandarino-Pereira
Curso de Pós Graduação em Ciências Veterinárias, Universidade Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro, Departamento de Parasitologia Animal, BR 465, Km 7, Seropedica, RJ, CEP 23 890 000, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 170:176-81. 2010..Seven squares were found to be contaminated, and the most prevalent parasites were Ancylostoma spp. (13.6%) and Toxocara spp. (4.0%). The Dunsmore et al. technique and the adaptation of the Rugai et al...
- A study on intestinal helminthes of dogs, foxes and jackals in the western part of IranA Dalimi
Department of Parasitology, Medical Sciences Faculty, Tarbiat Modarres University, P O BOX 14115 111, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Vet Parasitol 142:129-33. 2006..02%), Toxascaris leonina (32.53%), Ancylostoma caninum (3.61%), Oxynema sp. (1.35%), Rictularia affinis (12.05%), Taenia hydatigena (53.01%), Taenia ovis (7...
- Field evaluation of the efficacy and safety of emodepside plus praziquantel tablets (Profender tablets for dogs) against naturally acquired nematode and cestode infections in dogsGertraut Altreuther
Bayer Animal Health GmbH, Leverkusen, Germany
Parasitol Res 105:S23-9. 2009..parasite species were identified: Trichuris vulpis, Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum, Dipylidium caninum, Taeniidae and Mesocestoides spp...
- Synthesis of 2,5-disubstituted benzimidazoles, 1,3,4-thiadiazoles and 3,5-diiodosalicylanilides as structural congeners of rafoxanide and closantelR P Srivastava
Medicinal Chemistry Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Pharmazie 45:34-7. 1990..All the compounds have been tested for their anthelmintic activity against Ancylostoma ceylanicum, Nippostrongylus brasiliensis, Hymenolepis nana and Cysticecus fasciolaris in rodents...
- Necatoriasis: treatment and developmental therapeuticsV S Georgiev
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 7600 B Rockledge Drive, Room 2102, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 9:1065-78. 2000Two hookworm parasites, Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale, infect approximately one billion people worldwide...
- A novel small heat shock protein 12.6 (HSP12.6) from Brugia malayi functions as a human IL-10 receptor binding proteinMunirathinam Gnanasekar
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Rockford, IL 61107, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 159:98-103. 2008..malayi HSP12.6 (BmHSP12.6) and has orthologues in several gastrointestinal nematode genome (Ancylostoma caninum, Ascaris lumbricoides and Ascaris suum) but the gene or gene product has not been studied further in ..
- Epidemiology of human hookworm infections among adult villagers in Hejiang and Santai Counties, Sichuan Province, ChinaL Changhua
Sichuan Institute of Parasitic Diseases, PR China
Acta Trop 73:243-9. 1999..The majority of these individuals harbored mixed infection with Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale, although the former predominated when adult hookworms were collected from 30 village residents ..
- Necator americanus secretory acetylcholinesterase and its purification from excretory-secretory products by affinity chromatographyD I Pritchard
Department of Zoology, University Park, Nottingham
Parasite Immunol 13:187-99. 1991..1 x 10(-8) M). Ancylostoma ceylanicum, another hookworm species, failed to produce comparable amounts of AChE in culture...
- Gastrointestinal and ectoparasites from urban stray dogs in Fortaleza (Brazil): high infection risk for humans?Sven Klimpel
Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre BiK F, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Georg Voigt Str 14 16, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Parasitol Res 107:713-9. 2010..In the intestinal content, 3,162 specimens of four helminth species were found: Ancylostoma caninum (prevalence, 95.7%), Dipylidium caninum (45.7%), Toxocara canis (8.7%) and Trichuris vulpis (4.3%)...
- Prevalence of Giardia intestinalis and other zoonotic intestinal parasites in private household dogs of the Hachinohe area in Aomori prefecture, Japan in 1997, 2002 and 2007Naoyuki Itoh
1st Department of Small Animal Internal Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University 23 35 1 Higashi, Towada, Aomori 034 8628, Japan
J Vet Sci 10:305-8. 2009..All intestinal parasites detected in the present study (Giardia intestinalis, Isospora spp., Toxocara canis, Ancylostoma caninum, Trichuris vulpis and Strongyloides stercoralis) showed no changes in prevalence over the past 10 years ..
- The mitochondrial genomes of Ancylostoma caninum and Bunostomum phlebotomum--two hookworms of animal health and zoonotic importanceAaron R Jex
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria 3030, Australia
BMC Genomics 10:79. 2009..Mitochondrial (mt) genes are known to provide useful population markers for hookworms, but mt genome sequence data are scant...
- Controlling soil-transmitted helminthiasis in pre-school-age children through preventive chemotherapyMarco Albonico
Ivo de Carneri Foundation IdCF, Milano, Italy
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2:e126. 2008..with soil-transmitted helminths (STHs): Ascaris lumbricoides (roundworm), Trichuris trichiura (whipworm), and Ancylostoma duodenale/Necator americanus (hookworms)...
- [Toxocara spp. and other helminths in squares and parks of Ciudad Bolívar, Bolivar State (Venezuela)]Rodolfo Devera
Grupo de Parasitosis Intestinal, Departamento de Parasitologia y Microbiologia, Escuela de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad de Oriente, Ciudad Bolivar, Estado Bolivar, Venezuela
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:23-6. 2008..Ciudad Bolívar (Bolivar State, Venezuela) is a city with a large dog population. This fact has led to an effort to determine of prevalence of eggs from Toxocara spp. and other helminths in public squares and parks in this city...
- Parasites of stray dogs in the Rabat region, MoroccoV S Pandey
, Rabat Institut, Morocco
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 81:53-5. 1987..pisiformis each 12.3%, Dipetalonema dracunculoides 10.5%, Ancylostoma caninum 17.5% Echinococcus granulosus 22.8%, Toxascaris leonina 33.3%, Dipylidium caninum 40...
- Arsenic-contaminated water and extent of acute childhood malnutrition (wasting) in rural BangladeshKeiko Minamoto
Department of Preventive and Environmental Medicine, Graduate School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Environ Sci 12:283-92. 2005..and intensity of infection of three geo-helminths [Ascaris lumbricoides, Trichuris trichiura and hookworm (Ancylostoma duodenale or Necator americanus)] were determined...
- [Effect of albendazole and pyrantel in treating intestinal helminthiasis and controlling the recurrence of hookworm infections]X R Zhang
Institute of Antiparasitic Diseases, Sichuan Academy of Medical Sciences, Chengdu
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 8:96-9. 1990..The predominant species of hookworm infections was Necator americanus before the treatment and Ancylostoma duodenale after the treatment. It was demonstrated that the recurrence of hookworm infection resulted from A...
- Antibodies to selected canine pathogens and infestation with intestinal helminths in golden jackals (Canis aureus) in IsraelM Shamir
Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Vet J 162:66-72. 2001..3% (25/46), 52.2% (24/46), and 6.5% (3/46) respectively. Faecal flotation tests revealed a high prevalence of Ancylostoma caninum (13/17, 76%) and a low prevalence of Dipilidium caninum infestation...
- An investigation of hookworm infection and reinfection following mass anthelmintic treatment in the south Indian fishing community of VairavankuppamM R Haswell-Elkins
Department of Pure and Applied Biology, Imperial College, University of London
Parasitology 96:565-77. 1988..The hookworm population consisted of predominantly Necator americanus, and less than 10% of Ancylostoma duodenale...
- Intestinal parasites of dogs on the Galapagos IslandsE N Gingrich
Colorado State University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Fort Collins, CO, USA
Vet Parasitol 169:404-7. 2010..DNA and Giardia spp. DNA was performed on all positive samples to provide the infecting genotypes. Ancylostoma caninum (57.7%) and Toxocara canis (16.5%) were most commonly detected, followed by Giardia spp. (5...
- Epidemiological study of non-systemic parasitism in dogs in southeast Mediterranean Spain assessed by coprological and post-mortem examinationC Martínez-Carrasco
Parasitología y Enfermedades de Parasitarias, Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Murcia, 30100 Campus de Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
Zoonoses Public Health 54:195-203. 2007..This suggests that the dominant species was Uncinaria spp. and not the more zoonotically important Ancylostoma spp...
- Faecal helminth egg and oocyst counts of a small population of African lions (Panthera leo) in the southwestern Kalahari, NamibiaY Smith
Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of the Free State, P O Box 339 Bloemfontein, 9300 South Africa
Onderstepoort J Vet Res 73:71-5. 2006..A flotation technique was employed for the diagnosis of parasites. Three nematodes, Ancylostoma braziliense, Gnathostoma spinigerum and Uncinaria stenocephala and two coccidians, Toxoplasma gondii and ..
- Ecological analyses of the intestinal helminth communities of the wolf, Canis lupus, in SpainJuan Matías Segovia
Laboratori de Parasitologia, Departament de Microbiologia i Parasitologia Sanitaries, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Avda Joan XVIII s n, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 50:231-6. 2003..aff. litteratus, Toxocara canis (Werner, 1782), Toxascaris leonina (von Linstow, 1902), Ancylostoma caninum (Ercolani, 1859) and Trichuris vulpis (Froelich, 1789), behave as satellite species...
- Differential diagnosis of Trichostrongylus and hookworm eggs via PCR using ITS-1 sequenceTai Soon Yong
Department of Parasitology and Institute of Tropical Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 45:69-74. 2007..reported so far. Then, this sequence was compared with those of human hookworm species, Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus, and species-specific oligonucleotide primers were designed...
- Parasites in patients with malabsorption syndrome: a clinical study in children and adultsBijayini Behera
Department of Microbiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Dig Dis Sci 53:672-9. 2008..Intestinal parasites not only cause diarrheal diseases but also significant malabsorption. Literature on the role of parasites, such as intestinal coccidia and microsporidia in malabsorption syndrome is limited...
- Parasites of importance for human health in Nigerian dogs: high prevalence and limited knowledge of pet ownersUade Samuel Ugbomoiko
Department of Zoology, University of Ilorin, Nigeria
BMC Vet Res 4:49. 2008..Dogs are the most common pet animals worldwide. They may harbour a wide range of parasites with zoonotic potential, thus causing a health risk to humans. In Nigeria, epidemiological knowledge on these parasites is limited...
- Characterization of beta-tubulin genes in hookworms and investigation of resistance-associated mutations using real-time PCRJan M Schwenkenbecher
Department of Infectious Diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, 501 D W Brooks Drive, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 156:167-74. 2007Human hookworms (Ancylostoma duodenale, Necator americanus) are a major cause of malnutrition and anemia, particularly in children, and high worm burdens can lead to stunted growth and mental retardation...
- Improved insights into the transcriptomes of the human hookworm Necator americanus--fundamental and biotechnological implicationsElida M Rabelo
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Highway, Werribee, Victoria 3030, Australia
Biotechnol Adv 27:122-32. 2009..molecules relate to the pathogenesis-related protein (PRP) superfamily, comprising various members, such as the Ancylostoma-secreted or activation-associated proteins (ASPs) and the kunitz-type proteins, both of which are inferred to ..
- Studies in enteric anthelmintics: activity profile of prodrug of a bisbenzimidazole A M Khan
Parasitology Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Z Naturforsch C 46:673-7. 1991..At a dose of 25 mg/kg, compound 2 was 100% effective against Ancylostoma ceylanicum in hamsters...
- An examination of current control strategies for Asian schistosomiasis in the Dongting lake region of China. II. A five year follow-up survey on Qingshan islandA G Ross
Australian Centre for International and Tropical Health and Nutrition, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Acta Trop 68:93-104. 1997..In 1996, the overall prevalence for Schistosoma japonicum, Ascaris lumbricoides, Ancylostoma duodenale, and Trichuris trichiura had decreased moderately since 1991. The age-specific prevalence for S...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial of the Na-ASP-2 hookworm vaccine in unexposed adultsJeffrey M Bethony
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Tropical Medicine, George Washington University Health Center, Washington, DC 20037, United States
Vaccine 26:2408-17. 2008Necator americanus Ancylostoma Secreted Protein-2 (Na-ASP-2) is a leading larval-stage hookworm vaccine candidate. Recombinant Na-ASP-2 was expressed in Pichia pastoris and formulated with Alhydrogel...
- The dingo non-long terminal repeat retrotransposons from the genome of the hookworm, Ancylostoma caninumThewarach Laha
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
Exp Parasitol 113:142-53. 2006..we characterize two discrete copies of an RTE-like non-LTR retrotransposon from the genome of the dog hookworm, Ancylostoma caninum. The elements were named dingo-1 and dingo-2...
- Persistent efficacy of moxidectin canine sustained-release injectable against experimental infections of Ancylostoma caninum and Uncinaria stenocephala in dogsDwight D Bowman
CHK R and D, 17190 Polk Rd, Stanwood, MI 49346, USA
Vet Ther 4:228-33. 2003..formulation by SC injection approximately 3, 4, 5, or 6 months before being given oral inoculations with 300 Ancylostoma caninum larvae on Day 0 and 400 Uncinaria stenocephala larvae one day later...
- Helminths of red foxes (Vulpes vulpes) in DenmarkI Saeed
Danish Centre for Experimental Parasitology, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Dyrlaegevej 100, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Vet Parasitol 139:168-79. 2006..4%), Toxascaris leonina (0.6%), Uncinaria stenocephala (68.6%), Ancylostoma caninum (0.6%), and Trichuris vulpis (0.5%); seven cestodes: Mesocestoides sp. (35...
- Neutrophil Inhibitory Factor Selectively Inhibits the Endothelium-Driven Transmigration of Eosinophils In Vitro and Airway Eosinophilia in OVA-Induced Allergic Lung InflammationSilvia Schnyder-Candrian
UMR7355, CNRS, Orleans, France Experimental and Molecular Immunology and Neurogenetics, University of Orleans, Orleans, France Institute for Clinical and Biomedical Research Thurgau, 9548 Matzingen, Switzerland
J Allergy (Cairo) 2012:245909. 2012..Neutrophil inhibitory factor (NIF), derived from canine hookworm (Ancylostoma caninum), binds selectively and competes with the A-domain of CD11b for binding to ICAM-1...
- Cloning and molecular characterization of cDNAs encoding three Ancylostoma ceylanicum secreted proteinsAnna M Siwińska
Division of Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases, Department Preclinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Warsaw University of Life Sciences SGGW, 8 Ciszewskiego Street, 02 786, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Parasitol 58:112-8. 2013b>Ancylostoma ceylanicum belongs to a group of soil-transmitted helminths, which infect almost 576 mln people worldwide and are a major cause of anaemia and malnutrition...
- Molecular identification of Ancylostoma caninum isolated from cats in southern China based on complete ITS sequenceYuanjia Liu
College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642, China
Biomed Res Int 2013:868050. 2013b>Ancylostoma caninum is a blood-feeding parasitic intestinal nematode which infects dogs, cats, and other mammals throughout the world. A highly sensitive and species-specific PCR-RFLP technique was utilised to detect the prevalence of A...
- Ac-FAR-1, a 20 kDa fatty acid- and retinol-binding protein secreted by adult Ancylostoma caninum hookworms: gene transcription pattern, ligand binding properties and structural characterisationSridhar V Basavaraju
Department of Microbiology and Tropical Medicine, The George Washington University and Sabin Vaccine Institute, DC 20037, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 126:63-71. 2003Antibody against adult Ancylostoma caninum excretory-secretory (ES) products was used to immunoscreen a cDNA expression library leading to the isolation of cDNAs encoding putative hookworm fatty-acid and retinol-binding proteins...
- Dietary iron content mediates hookworm pathogenesis in vivoMelissa R Held
Program in International Child Health, Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Infect Immun 74:289-95. 2006..that host dietary iron restriction mediates susceptibility to hookworm infection using the hamster model of Ancylostoma ceylanicum...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of Ac-TMP-2, a tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase secreted by adult Ancylostoma caninumBin Zhan
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Tropical Medicine, The George Washington University and the Sabin Vaccine Institute, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 162:142-8. 2008..hookworm antigen encoding a tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP) was cloned by immunoscreening an Ancylostoma caninum larval cDNA library with sera pooled from dogs immunized with irradiated A...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of an aspartic protease from the hard tick Haemaphysalis longicornisDamdinsuren Boldbaatar
National Research Center for Protozoan Diseases, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Inada cho, Obihiro, Hokkaido 080 8555, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 36:25-36. 2006..57% identity to the lysosomal aspartic protease of Aedes aegypti, 52% to Bombyx mori cathepsin D, 38% to Ancylostoma caninum, 44% to Schistosoma mansoni and 28% to Boophilus microplus aspartic proteases...
- Intestinal parasitic infections in man: a reviewM Norhayati
Department of Parasitology and Medical Entomology, Faculty of Medicine, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz, 50300, Kuala Lumpur
Med J Malaysia 58:296-305; quiz 306. 2003..the soil-transmitted helminthes (STH)--Ascaris lumbricoides Tricburis trichiura, bookworms (Necator americans/Ancylostoma duodenale) and Strongyloides stercoralis and the protozoa Entamoeba histolytica and Giardia duodenalis...
- New oral linguiform projections and their associated neurons in the third-stage infective larva of the parasitic nematode Oesophagostomum dentatumFredrik Hoholm
Department of Pathobiology Parasitology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 3800 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Parasitol 91:61-8. 2005..dentatum L3i as in those of its close relatives Haemonchus contortus and Ancylostoma caninum...
- Short report: Ancylostoma ceylanicum: exsheathment is not required for successful cryopreservation of third stage hookworm larvaeJohn Duarte
Child Health Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 68:44-5. 2003Third-stage larvae (L3) of the human hookworm parasite Ancylostoma ceylanicum were cultured from the feces of infected hamsters and frozen for up to 100 days in liquid nitrogen...
- Ancylostoma ceylanicum metalloprotease 6 DNA vaccination induces partial protection against hookworm challenge infectionMarcin Wisniewski
Division of Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases, Department of Preclinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Parasitol 58:376-83. 2013..We cloned a cDNA encoding Ancylostoma ceylanicum metalloprotease 6 (Acemep-6). Ace-MEP-6 is a protein with a predicted molecular mass of 101...
- Survey of helminth parasites of cats from the metropolitan area of Cuiabá, Mato Grosso, BrazilDirceu Guilherme de Souza Ramos
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Veterinárias, Faculdade de Agronomia, Medicina Veterinária e Zootecnia, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso, Cuiaba, MT, Brazil
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 22:201-6. 2013..species of helminths were identified, comprising (species, prevalence, MIP, and MAP, respectively): nematodes (Ancylostoma braziliense [50,68% - 53,64 - 27,18], Ancylostoma tubaeforme [10,27% - 3,6 - 0,37], Toxocara cati [4,11% - 28,..
- Evaluation of parasitological and immunological aspects of acute infection by Ancylostoma caninum and Ancylostoma braziliense in mixed-breed dogsSílvia Regina Costa Dias
Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Avenida Presidente Antonio Carlos 6627, Campus Pampulha, 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brasil
Parasitol Res 112:2151-7. 2013This study compared the course of infection by Ancylostoma caninum and Ancylostoma braziliense in mixed-breed dogs infected with L3 larvae. Dogs infected with A. caninum eliminated more eggs than did those infected with A. braziliense...
- Frequency and intensity of exposure mediate resistance to experimental infection with the hookworm, Ancylostoma ceylanicumDylan Davey
Program in International Child Health, Department of Pediatrics, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Exp Parasitol 133:243-9. 2013....
- [Zoonotic potential of intestinal helminth infections in stray dogs from City of Havana]Roberto Hernández Merlo
Instituto de Medicina Tropical Pedro Kouri, Departamento de Parasitologia, Subdirección de Parasitología, Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba
Rev Cubana Med Trop 59:234-40. 2007..The identified helminths were Ancylostoma spp. in 97 dogs (21, 04%), Dipylidium caninum in 75 (16, 26%). and Toxocara canis in 91 dos (19, 73%)...
- Effects of treatment on IgE responses against parasite allergen-like proteins and immunity to reinfection in childhood schistosome and hookworm coinfectionsAngela Pinot de Moira
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 81:23-32. 2013..proteins Schistosoma mansoni tegumental-allergen-like 1 protein (SmTAL1), SmTAL2, and Necator americanus Ancylostoma-secreted protein-2 (Na-ASP-2), following concurrent treatment of schoolchildren coinfected with Schistosoma ..
- Comparative efficacy of a spot-on formulation containing emodepside and praziquantel (Profender ®, Bayer) and praziquantel and pyrantel oral tablets (Drontal ® for Cats) against experimental Ancylostoma ceylanicum infections in catsPiyanan Taweethavonsawat
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Vet Parasitol 191:172-6. 2013b>Ancylostoma ceylanicum is a common zoonotic hookworm of dogs and cats throughout Asia and has also been reported to occur within the Australasian region...
- An epidemiological study of gastrointestinal parasites of dogs from Southern Greater Buenos Aires (Argentina): age, gender, breed, mixed infections, and seasonal and spatial patternsMaría F Fontanarrosa
Laboratorio DIAP Diagnóstico en Animales Pequeños, Inca 109 B1836BBC, Llavallol, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 136:283-95. 2006..The overall prevalence was 52.4%, and the 11 species found were: Ancylostoma caninum (13%), Isospora ohioensis complex (12%), Toxocara canis (11%), Trichuris vulpis (10%), Sarcocystis sp...
- Improved detection of endoparasite DNA in soil sample PCR by the use of anti-inhibitory substancesF Kramer
Institute of Parasitology, Hannover School of Veterinary Medicine, Bunteweg 17, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
Vet Parasitol 108:217-26. 2002..numerous microbial examinations of soil for the presence of human pathogenic developmental parasite stages of Ancylostoma caninum and Toxocara canis, molecular techniques (e.g...
- Sequence conservation in the Ancylostoma secreted protein-2 of Necator americanus (Na-ASP-2) from hookworm infected individuals in ThailandCharoenchai Ungcharoensuk
Molecular Biology of Malaria and Opportunistic Parasites Research Unit, Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Infect Genet Evol 12:1926-32. 2012The Ancylostoma secreted protein-2 of Necator americanus (Na-ASP-2) was one of the promising vaccine candidates against the most prevalent human hookworm species as adverse vaccine reaction has compromised further human vaccine trials...
- Malaria and helminthic co-infection among HIV-positive pregnant women: prevalence and effects of antiretroviral therapyEmil Ivan
Department of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences, Kigali Health Institute, Rwanda
Acta Trop 124:179-84. 2012..7%), followed by Trichuris trichiura (9.2%), and Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus (1.2%)...
- Prevalence of intestinal parasitosis among school children in Baglung districts of Western NepalA Shrestha
Department of Microbiology, Tribhuwan University
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 10:3-6. 2012..This study was carried out to estimate the prevalence of intestinal parasites among school-going children of the Baglung municipality from December 2010 to January 2011...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel gene encoding 16 kDa protein (Ac16) from Angiostrongylus cantonensisZheng Yu Li
Key Laboratory of Tropical Diseases and Control, Ministry of Education, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Parasitol Res 110:2145-53. 2012..16-kDa protein has 149 amino acids and is homologous to an immunodominant hypodermal antigen (IHA16) from Ancylostoma caninum (identities = 57%)...
- Dog parasite incidence and risk factors, from sampling after one-year interval, in Pinhais, BrazilCamila Marinelli Martins
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 21:101-6. 2012..4% (29/45) in 2010 were positive. The parasite species most observed were, respectively in 2009 and 2010, Ancylostoma sp., 66.7 and 44.8%, and Strongyloides stercoralis, 26.3 and 3.4%...
- Molecular identification of human hookworm infections in economically disadvantaged communities in Peninsular MalaysiaRomano Ngui
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Am J Trop Med Hyg 86:837-42. 2012..and subsequently, the internal transcribed spacer 2 and 28S ribosomal RNA region of Necator americanus and Ancylostoma spp. were sequenced. Overall, 9...
- Soil-transmitted helminthiasis in Laos: a community-wide cross-sectional study of humans and dogs in a mass drug administration environmentJames V Conlan
School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Murdoch University, Western Australia, Australia
Am J Trop Med Hyg 86:624-34. 2012..Necator americanus was the dominant hookworm species infecting humans and Ancylostoma ceylanicum was the only Ancylostoma species detected...
- Prevalence of intestinal parasites in private-household cats in JapanNaoyuki Itoh
Department of Small Animal Internal Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori, Japan
J Feline Med Surg 14:436-9. 2012..parasites (Giardia species and Cystoisospora species) and five helminths (Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina, Ancylostoma tubaeforme, Taenia species and Spirometra erinacei) were detected...
- Efficacy, safety and palatability of a new broad-spectrum anthelmintic formulation in dogsK Schmid
Intervet Innovation, Zur Propstei, Schwabenheim, Germany
Vet Rec 167:647-51. 2010..In a field study, Ancylostoma caninum (11 dogs) and T canis (11 dogs) faecal egg counts were reduced by more than 99 per cent, and in eight ..
- [Detection of intestinal parasites from main-land raccoon dogs, Nyctereutes procyonoides viverrinus, in southeastern Kanagawa Prefecture]R Asano
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 71:664-7. 1997..Intestinal parasites were detected from 72 of the 87 raccoon dogs (82.8%). Among the parasites, Ancylostoma spp., Trichuris vulpis, Ascaridoidea and Isospora spp. were most commonly detected...
- Hookworm SCP/TAPS protein structure--A key to understanding host-parasite interactions and developing new interventionsAsiah Osman
Structural Chemistry Program, Eskitis Institute for Cell and Molecular Therapies, Griffith University, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Biotechnol Adv 30:652-7. 2012..Current information indicates that SCP/TAPS proteins (called Ancylostoma-secreted proteins, ASPs) of the canine hookworm, Ancylostoma caninum, represent at least three distinct groups ..
- Field evaluation of the efficacy and the safety of a combination of oxantel/pyrantel/praziquantel in the treatment of naturally acquired gastrointestinal nematode and/or cestode infestations in dogs in EuropeE Grandemange
VETOQUINOL Research Centre, BP189, 70204 LURE Cedex, France
Vet Parasitol 145:94-9. 2007..A pooled analysis was performed on each of the following helminth species: Toxocara canis, Ancylostoma caninum, Toxascaris leonina, Trichuris vulpis, Uncinaria stenocephala, Taenia spp...
- Hookworms of feral cats in FloridaTara Creel Anderson
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, PO Box 110880, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Vet Parasitol 115:19-24. 2003..Two species, Ancylostoma tubaeforme and Ancylostoma braziliense, were identified. Forty-five cats (75%) were infected with A...
- Utility of capsule endoscopy for evaluating anthelmintic efficacy in fully conscious dogsAlice C Y Lee
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Int J Parasitol 41:1377-83. 2011..were part of a separate trial intended to determine the efficacy of various candidate parasiticides against Ancylostoma caninum via the necropsy standard. Dogs were inoculated with A...
- Helminth fauna of the Iberian lynx, Lynx pardinusJ Torres
Laboratori de Parasitologia, Departament de Microbiologia i Parasitologia Sanitaries, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona Avda, Diagonal sn, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
J Helminthol 72:221-6. 1998..taeniaeformis (25%) and Mesocestoides litteratus (37.5%) (Cestoda); Eucoleus aerophilus (12.5%), Ancylostoma tubaeforme (12.5%), Toxocara cati (37.5%), Toxascaris leonina (62.5%), Vigisospirura potekhina potekhina (12...
- Environmental analyses of the parasitic profile found in the sandy soil from the Santos municipality beaches, SP, BrazilSilvana Rocha
Collective Health Course, Catholic University of Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 53:277-81. 2011..The parasite profile found in the analyzed samples indicated the presence of several zoonotic parasites: Ancylostoma larvae (82.5%), Toxocara sp. eggs (59.4%), Ancylostomidae-like eggs (37.1%), coccid oocysts (13...
- Characterization of cathepsin B proteinase (AcCP-2) in eggs and larvae stages of hookworm Ancylostoma caninumYurong Yang
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Subtropical Wetland Ecosystem Research, School of Life Science, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian 361005, People s Republic of China
Exp Parasitol 129:215-20. 2011..The localization of cathepsin B proteinases (AcCP-1 and AcCP-2) in adult worm of Ancylostoma caninum has been characterized (Harrop et al...
- Prevalence and types of coinfections in sleeping sickness patients in kenya (2000/2009)J M Kagira
Department of Tropical Infectious Diseases, Institute of Primate Research, P O Box 24481, Nairobi 00502, Kenya
J Trop Med 2011:248914. 2011..1%), HIV (12.9%), and tuberculosis (3.2%). The species of helminthes observed included Ancylostoma duodenale (38.7%), Ascaris lumbricoides (45.7%), Strongyloides stercoralis (9.7%), and Taenia spp. (3.2%)...
- Prevention of Soil-transmitted Helminth InfectionLuciene Mascarini-Serra
Instituto de Biociencias, Unesp Univ Estadual Paulista, Campus de Rubião Júnior, Departamento de Parasitologia, Brazil
J Glob Infect Dis 3:175-82. 2011..are roundworms (Ascaris lumbricoides), whipworms (Trichuris trichiura) and hookworms (Necator americanus or Ancylostoma duodenale); on a global level, more than a billion people have been infected by at least one species of this ..
- Proteases in blood-feeding nematodes and their potential as vaccine candidatesDavid Knox
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik, Midlothian, Scotland, UK
Adv Exp Med Biol 712:155-76. 2011..nematodes such as the barber-pole worm Haemonchus contortus that infect sheep and goats and the hookworms, Ancylostoma spp. and Necator americanus, affecting man, use an array of endo- and exopeptidases to digest the blood meal...
- Prevalence of canine gastrointestinal helminths in urban Lusaka and rural Katete Districts of ZambiaEugene C Bwalya
University of Zambia, School of Veterinary Medicine, Clinical Studies Department, PO Box 32379, Lusaka 10101, Zambia
Prev Vet Med 100:252-5. 2011..Positive results with the presence of at least one parasite corresponded to 72.9% Ancylostoma caninum, 11% Toxocara canis, 4.8% Toxascaris leonina, 2.4% Dipylidium caninum, 0.7% Taeniidae and 0.3% T...
- Structure of a two-CAP-domain protein from the human hookworm parasite Necator americanusOluwatoyin A Asojo
Pathology and Microbiology Department, 986495 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6495, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 67:455-62. 2011Major proteins secreted by the infective larval stage hookworms upon host entry include Ancylostoma secreted proteins (ASPs), which are characterized by one or two CAP (cysteine-rich secretory protein/antigen 5/pathogenesis related-1) ..
- Larva migrans in the oral mucosa: report of two casesJose Humberto Damante
Department of Oral Medicine, Bauru Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Braz Dent J 22:166-70. 2011..portion of the lesion, morphological details obtained in multiple examined sections suggested Necator or Ancylostoma braziliense larvae as the cause of infection...
- Gastrointestinal parasites and their prevalence in the Arabian red fox (Vulpes vulpes arabica) from the Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaAbdulaziz N Alagaili
KSU Mammals Research Chair, Department of Zoology, College of Science, King Saud University, P O Box 2455, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
Vet Parasitol 180:336-9. 2011..Carcasses of five male and three female foxes were necropsied. Four of the necropsied carcasses yielded Ancylostoma caninum, two each harboured Pterygodermatitis affinis, T...
- An ELISA for sensitive and specific detection of circulating antigen of Angiostrongylus vasorum in serum samples of naturally and experimentally infected dogsM Schnyder
Institute of Parasitology, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 266a, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Vet Parasitol 179:152-8. 2011..of a group of totally 61 dogs with proven infections with Dirofilaria immitis (n=23), Crenosoma vulpis (n=14), Ancylostoma caninum (n=4) or Toxocara canis (n=20)...
- A pentaplex real-time polymerase chain reaction assay for detection of four species of soil-transmitted helminthsMadihah Basuni
Institute for Research in Molecular Medicine, Universiti Sains Malaysia USM, Penang, Malaysia
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:338-43. 2011..study, a pentaplex real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) was evaluated for the simultaneous detection of Ancylostoma, Necator americanus, Ascaris lumbricoides, and Strongyloides stercoralis...
- Prevalence of dog intestinal nematode parasites in south central West Virginia, USATashina M Savilla
Department of Biological Sciences, Marshall University, One John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV 25755, USA
Vet Parasitol 178:115-20. 2011..Prevalences of infection for Ancylostoma caninum and Toxocara canis were significantly (P<0...
- [Epidemiology of soil-transmitted nematode infections in central mountain area of Hainan province]Shao Xiong Lin
Institute of Parasitic Diseases Control, Hainan Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Haikou 570203, China
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 28:160-1. 2010..4% in 1986 to 35.7% in 2008. The prevalence of Ancylostoma duodenale, Ascaris lumbricoides and Trichuris trichiura decreased from 84.7%. 80.9%, 31.8% in 1986 to 32.5%, 0...
- Purification and molecular cloning of and immunization with Ancylostoma ceylanicum excretory-secretory protein 2, an immunoreactive protein produced by adult hookwormsRichard D Bungiro
Child Health Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8081, USA
Infect Immun 72:2203-13. 2004..Here we describe the cloning of Ancylostoma ceylanicum excretory-secretory protein 2 (AceES-2), a novel immunoreactive protein produced by adult worms...
- [Detection of intestinal parasites from dogs in Tochigi-City in 1979 and 1991]K Asano
Tokyo Aiken Dog Grooming School
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 66:1449-53. 1992..9%) in 1979 and 86 of the 260 dogs (32.8%) in 1991. Among the parasites. Ancylostoma caninum, Tirchuris vulpis and Toxocara canis were most commonly detected, and their detection rates were higher ..
- The Molecular Pathogenesis of Hookworm AnemiaMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2005..function have been identified in soluble protein extracts and secretory products of the human hookworm parasite Ancylostoma ceylanicum. The anticoagulant has been cloned from adult A...
- A GENOME SCAN FOR SUSCEPTIBILITY TO HELMINTHIC INFECTIONSarah Williams Blangero; Fiscal Year: 2007..trait loci effects on susceptibility to roundworm (Ascaris lumbricoides), hookworm (Necatur americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale), and whipworm (Trichuris trichiura) infection to a total of 10 chromosomal regions...
- A GENOME SCAN FOR SUSCEPTIBILITY TO HELMINTHIC INFECTIONSarah Williams Blangero; Fiscal Year: 2009..trait loci effects on susceptibility to roundworm (Ascaris lumbricoides), hookworm (Necatur americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale), and whipworm (Trichuris trichiura) infection to a total of 10 chromosomal regions...
- Gene Silencing in adult hookworms using RNA interferenceMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2005..technologies to NIAID-funded research) is to develop a reliable method of gene silencing in adult Ancylostoma ceylanicum hookworms utilizing the technique of RNA interference (RNAi)...
- The role of MIF in hookworm infection and diseaseMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2009..cytokine Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor (MIF) has recently been cloned from the human hookworm Ancylostoma ceylanicum. Preliminary data suggest that the recombinant A...
- The role of MIF in hookworm infection and diseaseMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2007..cytokine Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor (MIF) has recently been cloned from the human hookworm Ancylostoma ceylanicum. Preliminary data suggest that the recombinant A...
- A novel platelet inhibitor from bloodfeeding hookwormsMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2003..A potent inhibitor of human platelet function has been isolated from the bloodfeeding hookworm, Ancylostoma caninum...
- Mucosal Immune Responses in Hookworm InfectionRichard Bungiro; Fiscal Year: 2006..Accordingly, the aim of this project will be to characterize mucosal immune responses in the hamster model of Ancylostoma ceylanicum hookworm infection to the antibody, cellular, and cytokine levels...
- Structural Basis of Novel Hookworm VaccinesOluwatoyin Asojo; Fiscal Year: 2006..HHVI vaccine candidates include Na-ASP-2 and Na-ASP-1, 2 members of the Ancylostoma secreted protein (ASP) family...
- Structural Basis of Multidrug resistance in CancerOluwatoyin Asojo; Fiscal Year: 2007..She will then be ready to successfully compete for and obtain an independent tenure track position in cancer research. ..
- Role of insulin-like signaling in the hookworm infective processJohn Hawdon; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will also provide insight into the basic molecular mechanisms operating during infection and the establishment of parasitic relationships that are relevant to other parasitic nematode infections of human significance. ..
- Proteomic Analysis of Hookworm Larval ActivationJohn Hawdon; Fiscal Year: 2006..These proteins represent potential vaccine antigens and drug targets for the prevention of hookworm infection and the control of hookworm disease. ..
- Role of insulin-like signaling in the hookworm infective processJohn M Hawdon; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will also provide insight into the basic molecular mechanisms operating during infection and the establishment of parasitic relationships that are relevant to other parasitic nematode infections of human significance. ..
- PREGNANCY INDUCED REACTIVATION OF ARRESTED HOOKWORMSPrema Arasu; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study is focused on pregnancy- induced reactivation and transmammary transmission of arrested Ancylostoma larvae because hookworms infect about 1...
- HOOKWORM LARVAL INFECTIVITY AND DEVELOPMENTPeter Hotez; Fiscal Year: 2002..After host entry, larvae of the genus Ancylostoma can exercise one of two developmental options that allows them to either (1) continue tissue invasion and ..
- COMPARATIVE GENOMICS OF PARASITIC NEMATODESMakedonka Mitreva; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Role of RAMPs in Intermedin SignalingSheau Yu Teddy Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Role of T reg in live vaccination against leishmaniasisSusana Mendez; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will vaccinate mice and extract DCs and Treg at different time points to study their function and phenotype. We will use those cells to reconstitute RAG -/- and determine their phenotype. ..
- PHYSIOLOGY OF RELAXIN-INSULIN-LIKE FACTORSSheau Yu Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additionally, knowledge gathered from the proposed experiments would help the diagnosis and treatment of diseases associated with the dysfunction of these novel relaxin/insulin-like factors. ..
- Identification of Relaxin Receptor AntagonistsSheau Yu Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2005..These antagonists could be used to block relaxin action during preterm labor as well as provide a tool for further research on the role of LGR7 and LGR8 in reproductive tract physiology. ..
- Role of RAMPs in Intermedin SignalingSheau Yu Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2009....