Alias: Daphnia galeata G. O. Sars, 1864, Daphnia sp. 1 EZ-2008, Daphnia sp. 2 EZ-2008
- Cui R, Chae Y, An Y. Dimension-dependent toxicity of silver nanomaterials on the cladocerans Daphnia magna and Daphnia galeata. Chemosphere. 2017;185:205-212 pubmed publisher..In this study, important aquatic model species, Daphnia magna and Daphnia galeata, were used to assess and compare the toxic effects of silver ions (Ag+ ions) and multi-dimensional ..
- Cui R, Kwak J, An Y. A novel method for preventing surface film entrapment of water fleas and its application for toxicity testing with heavy metals. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:4210-4219 pubmed publisherSome water fleas such as Daphnia galeata and Bosmina longirostris are difficult to culture and use in ecotoxicity testing since they can easily become entrapped at the surface film...
- Cui R, Kim S, An Y. Polystyrene nanoplastics inhibit reproduction and induce abnormal embryonic development in the freshwater crustacean Daphnia galeata. Sci Rep. 2017;7:12095 pubmed publisherWe assayed the toxicity of polystyrene nanoparticles (PS-NP, 52?nm) to Daphnia galeata. Survival and reproduction were significantly decreased in individuals exposed to 5?mg/L of PS-NP for 5 days, and embryos showed abnormal development, ..
- Mano H, Tanaka Y. Spatial difference in genetic variation for fenitrothion tolerance between local populations of Daphnia galeata in Lake Kasumigaura, Japan. Ecotoxicology. 2017;: pubmed publisherThis study examines the spatial difference in genetic variation for tolerance to a pesticide, fenitrothion, in Daphnia galeata at field sites in Lake Kasumigaura, Japan...
- Herrmann M, Ravindran S, Schwenk K, Cordellier M. Population transcriptomics in Daphnia: the role of thermal selection. Mol Ecol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..We compared transcriptomes among four Daphnia galeata populations and identified transcripts potentially responding to local thermal selection based on an ..
- Huylmans A, López Ezquerra A, Parsch J, Cordellier M. De Novo Transcriptome Assembly and Sex-Biased Gene Expression in the Cyclical Parthenogenetic Daphnia galeata. Genome Biol Evol. 2016;8:3120-3139 pubmed..galeata and highly conserved among Daphnia species. ..
- Vavra J, Hylis M, Fiala I, Sacherova V, Vossbrinck C. Microsporidian genus Berwaldia (Opisthosporidia, Microsporidia), infecting daphnids (Crustacea, Branchiopoda): Biology, structure, molecular phylogeny and description of two new species. Eur J Protistol. 2017;61:1-12 pubmed publisher..schaefernai Vávra and Larsson, 1994, parasites of Daphnia pulex Leydig, 1860 and Daphnia galeata Sars, 1863, respectively...
- Tokishita S, Shibuya H, Kobayashi T, Sakamoto M, Ha J, Yokobori S, et al. Diversification of mitochondrial genome of Daphnia galeata (Cladocera, Crustacea): Comparison with phylogenetic consideration of the complete sequences of clones isolated from five lakes in Japan. Gene. 2017;611:38-46 pubmed publisherTo characterize genetic diversity and gene flow among Daphnia galeata populations, the complete nucleotide (nt) sequences of the mitochondrial (mt) DNAs of D...