- Talal S, Tesler I, Sivan J, Ben Shlomo R, Muhammad Tahir H, Prendini L, et al. Scorpion speciation in the Holy Land: Multilocus phylogeography corroborates diagnostic differences in morphology and burrowing behavior among Scorpio subspecies and justifies recognition as phylogenetic, ecological and biological species. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2015;91:226-37 pubmed publisherScorpio Linnaeus, 1758 (family Scorpionidae Latreille, 1802) was considered monotypic for over a century, and comprised a single species, Scorpio maurus Linnaeus, 1758, with 19 subspecies, distributed from West Africa, throughout the ..
- Memar B, Jamili S, Shahbazzadeh D, Bagheri K. The first report on coagulation and phospholipase A2 activities of Persian Gulf lionfish, Pterois russelli, an Iranian venomous fish. Toxicon. 2016;113:25-31 pubmed publisherPterois russelli is a venomous fish belonging to scorpionidae family...
- Schaffrath S, Prendini L, Predel R. Intraspecific venom variation in southern African scorpion species of the genera Parabuthus, Uroplectes and Opistophthalmus (Scorpiones: Buthidae, Scorpionidae). Toxicon. 2018;144:83-90 pubmed publisher..In combination with a comprehensive database of MALDI-TOF mass spectra in reflectron mode, HCA may offer a method for rapid species identification based on venom MFPs. ..
- Adams A, Marais E, Turner J, Prendini L, Pinshow B. Similar burrow architecture of three arid-zone scorpion species implies similar ecological function. Naturwissenschaften. 2016;103:56 pubmed publisher..We examined the burrow architecture of three scorpion species of the family Scorpionidae: Scorpio palmatus from the Negev desert, Israel; Opistophthalmus setifrons, from the Central Highlands, Namibia;..
- Jedrzejowska I, Szymusiak K, Mazurkiewicz Kania M, Garbiec A. Scorpion katoikogenic ovariuterus - Much more alike to apoikogenic type than it seemed to be. Arthropod Struct Dev. 2016;45:488-495 pubmed publisher..was to show the development and structure of the diverticula in two katoikogenic scorpions from the family Scorpionidae: Ophistothalmus boehmei and Heterometrus spinifer...
- Estrada Gómez S, Gomez Rave L, Vargas Muñoz L, van der Meijden A. Characterizing the biological and biochemical profile of six different scorpion venoms from the Buthidae and Scorpionidae family. Toxicon. 2017;130:104-115 pubmed publisher..amoreuxi, Babycurus jacksoni, Grosphus grandidieri, Hottentotta gentili and Tityus fuhrmanni, and one of the Scorpionidae family Pandinus imperator. No L-amino oxidase activity was detected in the evaluated venoms...