- Zhang Q, Ullah S, Liu Y, Yang P, Chen B, Waqas Y, et al. Lymphocyte migration in the micro-channel of splenic sheathed capillaries in Chinese soft-shelled turtles, Pelodiscus sinensis. Micron. 2016;80:66-72 pubmed publisher..This study provides morphological evidence for lymphocyte migration in the micro-channels of turtle spleens and also an insight into the mechanism of lymphocyte homing to the splenic white pulp of reptiles. ..
- Dong J, Ruan J, Xu N, Yang Y, Ai X. In vitro synergistic effects of fisetin and norfloxacin against aquatic isolates of Serratia marcescens. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2016;363:fnv220 pubmed publisher..The time-kill curve assay further confirmed the results of the checkerboard assay. We found that this novel synergistic effect could significantly reduce the dosage of norfloxacin against S. marcescens. ..
- Vlachos E, Cerda I, Tsoukala E. The first record of a soft-shelled turtle (Testudines: Pan-Trionychidae) from southern Balkans (Pliocene, Gefira, N. Greece) and new information from bone histology. Naturwissenschaften. 2015;102:45 pubmed publisherSoft-shelled turtles (Pan-Trionychidae) are not included in the present-day chelonian fauna of Greece and have been unknown in the Greek fossil record up to now...
- Chen B, Niu C, Yuan L. Ascorbic acid regulation in stress responses during acute cold exposure and following recovery in juvenile Chinese soft-shelled turtle (Pelodiscus sinensis). Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2015;184:20-6 pubmed publisher..However, the significant decrease in AA concentration in the brain tissue during acute cold exposure suggested that such a strategy may not be sufficient for prolonged cold exposure. ..
- Li P, Zhou L, Yu Y, Yang M, Ni S, Wei S, et al. Characterization of DNA aptamers generated against the soft-shelled turtle iridovirus with antiviral effects. BMC Vet Res. 2015;11:245 pubmed publisher..These DNA aptamers may thus be suitable antiviral candidates for the control of STIV infections. ..
- Cordero G, Quinteros K. Skeletal remodelling suggests the turtle's shell is not an evolutionary straitjacket. Biol Lett. 2015;11:20150022 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, our analyses suggest that, in soft-shelled turtles (Trionychidae) with extremely flattened shells, a similar transformation is linked to truncated scapula growth...
- Zhang W, Niu C, Chen B, Storey K. Digital Gene Expression Profiling reveals transcriptional responses to acute cold stress in Chinese soft-shelled turtle Pelodiscus sinensis juveniles. Cryobiology. 2018;81:43-56 pubmed publisher..The outcomes of this study provide some fundamental insight into the tissue specific complex mechanisms underlining cold stress responses in the soft-shelled turtle P. sinensis. ..
- Nakamuta S, Yokosuka M, Taniguchi K, Yamamoto Y, Nakamuta N. Immunohistochemical analysis for G protein in the olfactory organs of soft-shelled turtle, Pelodiscus sinensis. J Vet Med Sci. 2016;78:245-50 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the odorant receptor genes are expressed by the ciliated receptor cells in the upper and lower chamber epithelia. Precise location of the vomeronasal epithelium is not known at present. ..
- Yamamoto T, Nakanishi S, Mitamura K, Taga A. Shotgun label-free proteomic analysis for identification of proteins in HaCaT human skin keratinocytes regulated by the administration of collagen from soft-shelled turtle. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2017;: pubmed publisher..2017 The Authors Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Biomed Mater Res Part B: Appl Biomater, 2017...
- Escalona T, Weadick C, Antunes A. Adaptive Patterns of Mitogenome Evolution Are Associated with the Loss of Shell Scutes in Turtles. Mol Biol Evol. 2017;34:2522-2536 pubmed publisher..along the branches leading to the pig-nosed turtle (Carettochelys insculpta) and the softshells clade (Trionychidae), but only weak evidence for the leatherback (Dermochelys coriacea) branch...
- Wang J, Yan M, Gao H, Lu X, Kan B. Vibrio cholerae Colonization of Soft-Shelled Turtles. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2017;83: pubmed publisher..In addition, this study also shows the possibility for the soft-shelled turtle to serve as a new animal model for studying the interaction between V. cholerae and aquatic hosts. ..