Genomes and Genes
Alias: domestic cow, domestic cattle, cattle, bovine, Bos taurus, Bos primigenius taurus, Bos bovis, Bos Tauurus, Bovidae sp. Adi Nefas
Publications317 found, 100 shown here
- Organization of uroplakin subunits: transmembrane topology, pair formation and plaque compositionF X Liang
Epithelial Biology Unit, The Ronald O Perelmen Department of Dermatology, New York University Medical School, New York, NY 10016, U S A
Biochem J 355:13-8. 2001..Taken together, these results indicate that uroplakins form a tightly packed structure, that the four uroplakins interact specifically forming two pairs, and that both uroplakin pairs are required for normal urothelial plaque formation...
- Mutations in myostatin (GDF8) in double-muscled Belgian Blue and Piedmontese cattleR Kambadur
AgResearch, Ruakura, Hamilton, New Zealand
Genome Res 7:910-6. 1997..mh), commonly known as double muscling, occurs with high frequency in the Belgian Blue and Piedmontese cattle breeds...
- Association of a lysine-232/alanine polymorphism in a bovine gene encoding acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT1) with variation at a quantitative trait locus for milk fat contentAndreas Winter
Lehrstuhl für Tierzucht der Technischen Universität München, 85350 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9300-5. 2002..Our mapping studies placed DGAT1 close to the region of a quantitative trait locus (QTL) on bovine chromosome 14 for variation in fat content of milk...
- Dissection of genetic factors modulating fetal growth in cattle indicates a substantial role of the non-SMC condensin I complex, subunit G (NCAPG) geneAnnett Eberlein
Research Unit Molecular Biology, Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals, 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
Genetics 183:951-64. 2009..Merging our data with results from other cattle populations differing in historical and geographical origin and with comparative data from human whole-genome ..
- ZNF280BY and ZNF280AY: autosome derived Y-chromosome gene families in BovidaeYang Yang
Department of Dairy and Animal Science, The Center for Reproductive Biology and Health, College of Agricultural Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
BMC Genomics 12:13. 2011..These transpositions are lineage-dependent. The purpose of this study is to investigate the lineage-specific Y-chromosome genes in bovid...
- Bovine prion protein gene (PRNP) promoter polymorphisms modulate PRNP expression and may be responsible for differences in bovine spongiform encephalopathy susceptibilityPetra Sander
Institute for Animal Breeding and Genetics, University of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:37408-14. 2005..within the bovine PRNP gene have little or no effect on bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) susceptibility in cattle. We have recently found a tentative association between PRNP promoter polymorphisms and BSE susceptibility in ..
- A bovine homologue of the human TSPY geneS Jakubiczka
Institut fur Humangenetik, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
Genomics 17:732-5. 1993We have isolated a male-specific bovine genomic homologue of the human TSPY gene (testis-specific protein, Y-encoded). Two specific transcripts can be detected in bovine testicular RNA...
- Phosphorylation and activation of myosin by Rho-associated kinase (Rho-kinase)M Amano
Division of Signal Transduction, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma 630 01
J Biol Chem 271:20246-9. 1996..The activated Rho-kinase subsequently phosphorylates MLC. This may partly account for the mechanism by which Rho regulates cytokinesis, cell motility, or smooth muscle contraction...
- Bovine TLR2 and TLR4 properly transduce signals from Staphylococcus aureus and E. coli, but S. aureus fails to both activate NF-kappaB in mammary epithelial cells and to quickly induce TNFalpha and interleukin-8 (CXCL8) expression in the udderWei Yang
Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals FBN, Wilhelm Stahl Allee 2, 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
Mol Immunol 45:1385-97. 2008..We examined here, if inadequate activation of the bovine TLR2 and TLR4 pathogen receptors by ligands derived from S...
- High-efficiency utilization of the bovine integrin alpha(v)beta(3) as a receptor for foot-and-mouth disease virus is dependent on the bovine beta(3) subunitS Neff
Foot and Mouth Disease Research Unit, USDA Agricultural Research Service, Plum Island Animal Disease Center, Greenport, New York 11944, USA
J Virol 74:7298-306. 2000We have previously reported that Foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV), which is virulent for cattle and swine, can utilize the integrin alpha(v)beta(3) as a receptor on cultured cells...
- Nitric oxide activates TRP channels by cysteine S-nitrosylationTakashi Yoshida
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
Nat Chem Biol 2:596-607. 2006..These findings reveal the structural motif for the NO-sensitive activation gate in TRP channels and indicate that NO sensors are a new functional category of cellular receptors extending over different TRP families...
- Nitric oxide synthase generates nitric oxide locally to regulate compartmentalized protein S-nitrosylation and protein traffickingYasuko Iwakiri
Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:19777-82. 2006..These data indicate that local NOS action generates organelle-specific protein S-nitrosylation reactions that can regulate intracellular transport processes...
- Identification and expression of Toll-like receptors 1-10 in selected bovine and ovine tissuesMoira Menzies
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, 306 Carmody Road, St Lucia, QLD 4067, Australia
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 109:23-30. 2006..The main goal of this study was to determine if homologues of human TLRs 1-10 exist within the cattle and sheep...
- Modulation of the oligomerization state of the bovine F1-ATPase inhibitor protein, IF1, by pHE Cabezon
Medical Research Council Dunn Human Nutrition Unit, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:25460-4. 2000b>Bovine IF(1), a basic protein of 84 amino acids, is involved in the regulation of the catalytic activity of the F(1) domain of ATP synthase. At pH 6.5, but not at basic pH values, it inhibits the ATP hydrolase activity of the enzyme...
- Hydrogen peroxide is the major oxidant product of xanthine oxidaseEric E Kelley
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 48:493-8. 2010..Furthermore, XO bound to glycosaminoglycans on the apical surface of bovine aortic endothelial cells demonstrated a similar ROS production profile...
- Assessment of positional candidate genes myf5 and igf1 for growth on bovine chromosome 5 in commercial lines of Bos taurusC Li
Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2P5
J Anim Sci 82:1-7. 2004..BWT), preweaning average daily gain (PWADG), and average daily gain on feed (ADGF) in commercial lines of Bos taurus. The QTL regions for the growth traits identified using a haplotype association analysis, which included the ..
- Crystal structure of rhodopsin: A G protein-coupled receptorK Palczewski
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Science 289:739-45. 2000..Identification of a set of residues that mediate interactions between the transmembrane helices and the cytoplasmic surface, where G-protein activation occurs, also suggests a possible structural change upon photoactivation...
- Copy number variation of testis-specific protein, Y-encoded (TSPY) in 14 different breeds of cattle (Bos taurus)C K Hamilton
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Sex Dev 3:205-13. 2009..Previous studies have estimated that TSPY ranges from 50-200 copies in cattle. To examine TSPY localization on the Y chromosome we employed fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) and fiber-..
- A missense mutation in the bovine SLC35A3 gene, encoding a UDP-N-acetylglucosamine transporter, causes complex vertebral malformationBo Thomsen
Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
Genome Res 16:97-105. 2006The extensive use of a limited number of elite bulls in cattle breeding can lead to rapid spread of recessively inherited disorders...
- Closing the folding chamber of the eukaryotic chaperonin requires the transition state of ATP hydrolysisAnne S Meyer
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell 113:369-81. 2003..Understanding the distinct mechanisms governing eukaryotic and bacterial chaperonin function may reveal how TRiC has evolved to fold specific eukaryotic proteins...
- Sequestration of the membrane-targeting myristoyl group of recoverin in the calcium-free stateT Tanaka
Division of Molecular and Structural Biology, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Canada
Nature 376:444-7. 1995..The myristoyl group is sequestered in a deep hydrophobic pocket formed by many aromatic and other hydrophobic residues from five flanking helices...
- Domain structure of a mammalian myosin I betaO Reizes
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas 75235
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:6349-53. 1994We have determined the primary structure of a myosin I (called mammalian myosin I beta, MMI beta) from bovine brain and identified its functional domains. The protein was previously purified from brain and adrenal gland...
- Lactate inhibits lipolysis in fat cells through activation of an orphan G-protein-coupled receptor, GPR81Changlu Liu
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development LLC, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 284:2811-22. 2009..Our results indicate that lactate suppresses lipolysis in adipose tissue through a direct activation of GPR81. GPR81 may thus be an attractive target for the treatment of dyslipidemia and other metabolic disorders...
- Positional candidate cloning of a QTL in dairy cattle: identification of a missense mutation in the bovine DGAT1 gene with major effect on milk yield and compositionBernard Grisart
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liège B43, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Genome Res 12:222-31. 2002..trait locus (QTL) with a major effect on milk composition--particularly fat content--to the centromeric end of bovine chromosome 14...
- Calcium sensitization of smooth muscle mediated by a Rho-associated protein kinase in hypertensionM Uehata
Discovery Research Tokyo, Yoshitomi Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Saitama, Japan
Nature 389:990-4. 1997..Our findings indicate that p160ROCK-mediated Ca2+ sensitization is involved in the pathophysiology of hypertension and suggest that compounds that inhibit this process might be useful therapeutically...
- Highly effective SNP-based association mapping and management of recessive defects in livestockCarole Charlier
Unit of Animal Genomics, GIGA Research and Department of Animal Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liège B34, 1 Avenue de l Hopital, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Nat Genet 40:449-54. 2008..We report the fine-scale mapping of five recessive disorders in cattle and the molecular basis for three of these: congenital muscular dystony (CMD) types 1 and 2 in Belgian Blue cattle ..
- Guanylyl cyclase activating protein. A calcium-sensitive regulator of phototransductionW A Gorczyca
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
J Biol Chem 270:22029-36. 1995....
- Identification of core amino acids stabilizing rhodopsinA J Rader
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:7246-51. 2004..The observed high degree of conservation (78.9%) of this disulfide bond across all GPCR classes suggests that it is critical for the stability and function of GPCRs...
- Characterization of the bovine pseudoautosomal boundary: Documenting the evolutionary history of mammalian sex chromosomesAnne Sophie Van Laere
Unit of Animal Genomics, GIGA R and Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Belgium
Genome Res 18:1884-95. 2008..Accordingly, we demonstrate that cattle share their PAB with all other examined ruminants including sheep, but not with cetaceans or more distantly ..
- Calpain 1-titin interactions concentrate calpain 1 in the Z-band edges and in the N2-line region within the skeletal myofibrilFabrice Raynaud
Cell Motility Laboratory, EPHE, UMR 5539, UM2, Montpellier, France
FEBS J 272:2578-90. 2005..Furthermore, calpain 1 is found to localize in myofibril fractures, described as proteolysis sites, in postmortem bovine skeletal red muscles, near the calcium deposits located at the N1 and N2 level...
- Conceptus-induced changes in the endometrial transcriptome: how soon does the cow know she is pregnant?N Forde
School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Biol Reprod 85:144-56. 2011This study sought to determine the earliest response of the bovine uterine endometrium to the presence of the conceptus at key developmental stages of early pregnancy...
- Cloning of the bovine prion-like Shadoo (SPRN) gene by comparative analysis of the predicted genomic locusCristina Uboldi
Department of Genetics and Microbiology A Buzzati Traverso, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Mamm Genome 17:1130-9. 2006..We mapped SPRN in Bos taurus by comparative analysis of the locus and of the predicted flanking genes...
- Complete genomic sequence of the bovine prion gene (PRNP) and polymorphism in its promoter regionD Hills
Division of Genomics and Bioinformatics, Roslin Institute Edinburgh, Roslin, Midlothian EH25 9PS, UK
Anim Genet 32:231-2. 2001
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor inhibits angiogenesis via regulated intracellular proteolysis of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1Jun Cai
School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, UK
J Biol Chem 281:3604-13. 2006..This confirms the importance of PEDF and VEGFR-1 in the negative regulation of angiogenesis...
- Rod cyclic nucleotide-gated channels have a stoichiometry of three CNGA1 subunits and one CNGB1 subunitJie Zheng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Neuron 36:891-6. 2002..We find, surprisingly, that the channel contains three CNGA1 subunits and only one CNGB1 subunit. These results have implications for CNG channel function in particular and assembly of membrane proteins in general...
- Bradykinin stimulates endothelial cell fatty acid oxidation by CaMKK-dependent activation of AMPKPeter F Mount
Department of Nephrology, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Atherosclerosis 200:28-36. 2008..test the hypothesis that bradykinin (BK) regulates AMPK and fatty acid oxidation in endothelium, stimulations of bovine aortic endothelial cells (BAECs) with bradykinin were performed. BK stimulation caused a 2...
- AMP-activated protein kinase is involved in endothelial NO synthase activation in response to shear stressYingjia Zhang
Division of Biomedical Sciences, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521 0121, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1281-7. 2006..In this study, we investigate the regulation of the AMPK-eNOS pathway in vascular endothelial cells (ECs) by shear stress and the activation of aortic AMPK in a mouse model with a high level of voluntary running (High-Runner)...
- Molecular evidence for a critical period in mural trophoblast development in bovine blastocystsSéverine A Degrelle
UMR INRA ENVA CNRS Biologie du Développement et de la Reproduction, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Dev Biol 288:448-60. 2005..To provide information on the development of the trophoblast lineage in late-implanting bovine embryos, we combined the use of molecular markers defining embryonic and extra-embryonic lineages in the mouse ..
- An unusual splice defect in the mitofusin 2 gene (MFN2) is associated with degenerative axonopathy in Tyrolean Grey cattleCord Drogemuller
Institute of Genetics, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e18931. 2011Tyrolean Grey cattle represent a local breed with a population size of ∼5000 registered cows. In 2003, a previously unknown neurological disorder was recognized in Tyrolean Grey cattle...
- A small set of extra-embryonic genes defines a new landmark for bovine embryo stagingSéverine A Degrelle
INRA ENVA, UMR 1198 Biologie du Developpement et Reproduction, Domaine de Vilvert, Jouy en Josas, France
Reproduction 141:79-89. 2011..To this end, we have profiled bovine extra-embryonic tissues at peri-implantation stages, when gastrulation and early neurulation occur, and analysed ..
- Purification, primary structures, and antibacterial activities of beta-defensins, a new family of antimicrobial peptides from bovine neutrophilsM E Selsted
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine 92717
J Biol Chem 268:6641-8. 1993A new family of cysteine-rich antimicrobial peptides from bovine neutrophils was isolated and characterized...
- Polymorphism in genes of growth hormone receptor (GHR) and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF1) and its association with both the IGF1 expression in liver and its level in blood in Polish Holstein-Friesian cattleAndrzej Maj
Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences, Jastrzebiec, 05 552 Wolka Kosowska, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 29:981-9. 2008..Ghr and igf1 genes have been associated with milk and meat production of cattle. However, the molecular and physiological mechanisms underlying such associations are unknown...
- Lingual antimicrobial peptide and IL-8 expression are oppositely regulated by the antagonistic effects of NF-κB p65 and C/EBPβ in mammary epithelial cellsShuzhen Liu
University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Mol Immunol 48:895-908. 2011..in MEC the role of NF-κB and C/EBP factors in regulating basal and pathogen-induced expression of both genes from cattle. Abrogating NF-κB binding to that site by introduction of a single point mutation blocks promoter activity of ..
- Ionotropic glutamate receptor AMPA 1 is associated with ovulation rateMayumi Sugimoto
National Livestock Breeding Center, Nishigo, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e13817. 2010..Based on a genome-wide association study in Bos taurus, we found that ovulation rate is influenced by a variation in the N-terminal leucine/isoleucine/valine-binding ..
- Identification and characterization of the bovine G protein-coupled receptor GPR41 and GPR43 genesA Wang
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:2696-705. 2009..energy, but also regulate rumen development, insulin and glucagon secretion, and other physiological processes in cattle and sheep. The mechanism underlying the regulatory effects of VFA is unknown...
- Identification and prevalence of a genetic defect that causes leukocyte adhesion deficiency in Holstein cattleD E Shuster
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Ames, IA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:9225-9. 1992..The carrier frequency for the D128G allele among Holstein cattle in the United States is approximately 15% among bulls and 6% among cows...
- Frequencies of polymorphisms associated with BSE resistance differ significantly between Bos taurus, Bos indicus, and composite cattleBrian W Brunelle
Virus and Prion Diseases of Livestock Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Ames, IA 50010 USA
BMC Vet Res 4:36. 2008..These factors have been extensively studied in breeds of Bos taurus cattle in relation to classical bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE)...
- Indels within promoter and intron 1 of bovine prion protein gene modulate the gene expression levels in the medulla oblongata of two Japanese cattle breedsG Msalya
Kagoshima University, Japan
Anim Genet 41:218-21. 2010..In cattle, however, none of the known coding polymorphisms has a direct effect on bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE)...
- Bovine insulin filaments induced by reducing disulfide bonds show a different morphology, secondary structure, and cell toxicity from intact insulin amyloid fibrilsTamotsu Zako
Bioengineering Laboratory, RIKEN Institute, Saitama, Japan
Biophys J 96:3331-40. 2009..We demonstrate here that bovine insulin forms flexible filaments in the presence of a reducing agent, Tris (2-carboxyethyl) phosphine...
- Role of importin alpha8, a new member of the importin alpha family of nuclear transport proteins, in early embryonic development in cattleJyothsna Tejomurtula
Division of Animal and Nutritional Sciences, Laboratory of Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
Biol Reprod 81:333-42. 2009..Through analysis of expressed sequence tags from a bovine oocyte cDNA library, we identified a new member of the importin alpha family (named importin alpha8)...
- Metabolomic profiles indicate distinct physiological pathways affected by two loci with major divergent effect on Bos taurus growth and lipid depositionRosemarie Weikard
Research Unit Molecular Biology, Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology FBN, Dummerstorf, Germany
Physiol Genomics 42:79-88. 2010..in the growth differentiation factor 8 (GDF8) gene as substantial modulators of pre- and/or postnatal growth in cattle. In a combined metabolomic and genotype association approach, which is the first respective study in livestock, we ..
- Novel mutations of the FASN gene and their effect on fatty acid composition in Japanese Black beefTsuyoshi Abe
National Livestock Breeding Center, 1 Odakurahara, Nishigo, Fukushima, Japan
Biochem Genet 47:397-411. 2009..coding sequence of the bovine fatty acid synthase (FASN) gene of an F2 population from Japanese Black and Limousin cattle. Two mutations, g.16024A>G and g...
- How the regulatory protein, IF(1), inhibits F(1)-ATPase from bovine mitochondriaJonathan R Gledhill
Medical Research Council Dunn Human Nutrition Unit, Cambridge CB2 0XY, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15671-6. 2007The structure of bovine F(1)-ATPase inhibited by a monomeric form of the inhibitor protein, IF(1), known as I1-60His, lacking most of the dimerization region, has been determined at 2.1-A resolution...
- Primary structure and functional expression from complementary DNA of the rod photoreceptor cyclic GMP-gated channelU B Kaupp
Department of Medical Chemistry, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Nature 342:762-6. 1989The complete amino-acid sequence of the cyclic GMP-gated channel from bovine retinal rod photoreceptors, deduced by cloning and sequencing its complementary DNA, shows that the protein contains several putative transmembrane segments, ..
- Association between fatty acid compositions and genotypes of FABP4 and LXR-alpha in Japanese black cattleShogo Hoashi
Laboratory of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Kobe University, Nada, Kobe, Japan
BMC Genet 9:84. 2008....
- Organization and concerted evolution of the ampliconic Y-chromosomal TSPY genes from cattleEdward L C Verkaar
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Yalelaan 1, 3584 CL Utrecht, The Netherlands
Genomics 84:468-74. 2004..The homology of TSPY and the major Y-chromosomal repetitive elements BRY.2 from cattle and OY...
- The major protein of bovine seminal plasma, PDC-109, is a molecular chaperoneRajeshwer Singh Sankhala
School of Chemistry, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500046, India
Biochemistry 49:3908-18. 2010The major protein of bovine seminal plasma, PDC-109, binds to choline phospholipids on the sperm plasma membrane and induces the efflux of cholesterol and choline phospholipids, which is an important step in sperm capacitation...
- Effect of VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) on expression of IL-8 (interleukin-8), IL-1beta and their receptors in bovine theca cellsChiaki Murayama
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido, Japan
Cell Biol Int 34:531-6. 2010..receptors, CXCR1 and IL-1R1 in the theca cells of PRF (preselection) and POF (postselection follicles) from the bovine ovary...
- Interaction of mammalian seminal plasma protein PDC-109 with cholesterol: implications for a putative CRAC domainSilvia Scolari
Department of Biology, Humboldt University Berlin, Invalidenstrasse 42, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Biochemistry 49:9027-31. 2010..To characterize the interaction between the bovine Fn2 protein PDC-109 and cholesterol, we have investigated the effect of PDC-109 on the dynamics of fluorescent ..
- Structural basis of sterol binding by NPC2, a lysosomal protein deficient in Niemann-Pick type C2 diseaseSujuan Xu
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 282:23525-31. 2007..Here we report the crystal structure of bovine NPC2 bound to cholesterol-3-O-sulfate, an analog that binds with greater apparent affinity than cholesterol...
- Genomic structure and transcript variants of the bovine DAZL geneW S Liu
Department of Animal Biotechnology, College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Cytogenet Genome Res 116:65-71. 2007..Our results lay the groundwork for possible single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) and functional studies of the DAZL gene in cattle.
- AluI polymorphism of the bovine growth hormone (GH) gene, resumption of ovarian cyclicity, milk production and loss of body condition at the onset of lactation in dairy cowsO Balogh
Faculty of Veterinary Science, Szent Istvan University, 1078 Budapest István u 2, Hungary
Theriogenology 71:553-9. 2009..We concluded that, under field conditions, AluI polymorphism of the bovine GH gene had no effect on the interval from calving to first ovulation and could not be directly related to ..
- Structure and mRNA expression of a bovine trp homologue related to mammalian trp2 transcriptsU Wissenbach
Institut für Pharmakologie und Toxikologie der Universität des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Germany
FEBS Lett 429:61-6. 1998..Complementary DNA was isolated from a bovine testis cDNA library which encodes bovine trp2 (btrp2), a protein of 432 amino acid residues comprising four ..
- Molecular characterization of the DDX3Y gene and its homologs in cattleW S Liu
Department of Dairy and Animal Science, College of Agricultural Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Cytogenet Genome Res 126:318-28. 2009..Here, we report the characterization of the bovine (b) DDX3Y gene and its homologs DDX3X and PL10...
- IGF2 gene characterization and association with rib eye area in beef cattleJ J Goodall
Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A8, Canada
Anim Genet 38:154-61. 2007..factor 2 (IGF2) is an imprinted gene expressed in most tissues affecting lean muscle content in mice, pigs and cattle. We previously identified the bovine IGF2 c.-292C>T SNP in the non-translated exon 2...
- Two-stage autolysis of the catalytic subunit initiates activation of calpain IU J Zimmerman
Institute for Environmental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical School, Philadelphia 19104
Biochim Biophys Acta 1078:192-8. 1991Calcium-induced autolysis of bovine erythrocyte calpain I occurs in multiple stages. Initially, a 14 amino acid segment is cleaved from the N-terminus of the native 80 kDa catalytic subunit, yielding a 78 kDa form of the subunit...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of scavenger receptor cysteine-rich WC1 is required for the WC1-mediated potentiation of TCR-induced T-cell proliferationFei Wang
Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
Eur J Immunol 39:254-66. 2009..In this study, we found that WC1 was constitutively phosphorylated in ex vivo bovine gammadelta T cells and associated with src family tyrosine kinases...
- Bacterial lipopolysaccharide induces increased expression of toll-like receptor (TLR) 4 and downstream TLR signaling molecules in bovine mammary epithelial cellsEveline M Ibeagha-Awemu
Department of Animal Science, McGill University, 21111 Lakeshore Road, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, H9X 3V9 Canada
Vet Res 39:11. 2008b>Bovine mammary epithelial cells contribute to the innate immune response to intramammary infections by recognizing pathogens through specialized pattern recognition receptors...
- Localized cdc42 activation, detected using a novel assay, mediates microtubule organizing center positioning in endothelial cells in response to fluid shear stressEleni Tzima
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Vascular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 278:31020-3. 2003..Thus, shear-stimulated integrin dynamics induce polarized Cdc42 activity, which induces MTOC localization through the Par6-protein kinase Czeta complex...
- Bovine SNRPN methylation imprint in oocytes and day 17 in vitro-produced and somatic cell nuclear transfer embryosDiana Lucifero
McGill University and Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biol Reprod 75:531-8. 2006..we showed that the SNRPN methylation profiles previously observed in mouse and human studies are also conserved in cattle. Moreover, SCNT-derived Day 17 elongating embryos were abnormally hypomethylated compared with in vivo-produced ..
- Pattern of expression of the uterine milk protein gene and its association with productive life in dairy cattleH Khatib
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:2427-33. 2007..of previous studies on the association of the UTMP region with milk production and productive life in dairy cattle. Expression of UTMP was examined in 198 bovine tissues obtained from 10 fetuses and 17 cows...
- Human CENP-A contains a histone H3 related histone fold domain that is required for targeting to the centromereK F Sullivan
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
J Cell Biol 127:581-92. 1994..These data clearly indicate that the assembly of centromeres is driven, at least in part, by the incorporation of a novel core histone into centromeric chromatin...
- Cartography of neurexins: more than 1000 isoforms generated by alternative splicing and expressed in distinct subsets of neuronsB Ullrich
Department of Molecular Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas 75235
Neuron 14:497-507. 1995..Characterization of many independent bovine neurexin I alpha cDNAs suggests that different splice sites are used independently...
- Pluripotent lineage definition in bovine embryos by Oct4 transcript localizationSatoshi Kurosaka
Center for Animal Transgenesis and Germ Cell Research, University of Pennsylvania, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania 19348, USA
Biol Reprod 71:1578-82. 2004..Despite highly conserved genomic organization and regulatory regions between the mouse Oct4 gene and its bovine orthologue, bovine Oct4 protein is not restricted to the inner cell mass of blastocyst-stage embryos, suggesting ..
- Cofactor A is a molecular chaperone required for beta-tubulin folding: functional and structural characterizationR Melki
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvette, France
Biochemistry 35:10422-35. 1996..Our data imply that cofactor A is a chaperone involved in tubulin folding...
- A novel cochaperonin that modulates the ATPase activity of cytoplasmic chaperoninY Gao
Department of Biochemistry, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016
J Cell Biol 125:989-96. 1994..Moreover, while GroES functions as a heptameric ring, cofactor A behaves as a dimer. Thus, cofactor A is a novel cochaperonin that is structurally unrelated to GroES...
- Crystal structure of the adenylyl cyclase activator GsalphaR K Sunahara
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75235 9041, USA
Science 278:1943-7. 1997....
- An aldose reductase with 20 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity is most likely the enzyme responsible for the production of prostaglandin f2 alpha in the bovine endometriumEric Madore
Unité de Recherche en Ontogénie et Reproduction et Département d Obstétrique et Gynécologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:11205-12. 2003..Taken together, these data point to this newly identified enzyme as the functional endometrial PGFS...
- Interleukin-10 and the interleukin-10 receptorK W Moore
Department of Molecular Biology, DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology Inc, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 19:683-765. 2001..This review highlights findings that have advanced our understanding of IL-10 and its receptor, as well as its in vivo function in health and disease...
- R120G alphaB-crystallin promotes the unfolding of reduced alpha-lactalbumin and is inherently unstableTeresa M Treweek
Department of Chemistry, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
FEBS J 272:711-24. 2005..These characteristics may explain the involvement of R120G alphaB-crystallin with human disease states...
- Assignment of SRY, ANT3, and CSF2RA to the bovine Y chromosome by FISH and RH mappingWan Sheng Liu
Department of Animal Biotechnology, College of Agriculture, Biotechnology, and Natural Resources, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
Anim Biotechnol 15:103-9. 2004..RH mapping with a 7000-rad cattle hamster whole-genome radiation hybrid panel further defined the ANT3 and CSF2RA position in relationship to ..
- PDC-109 (BSP-A1/A2) promotes bull sperm binding to oviductal epithelium in vitro and may be involved in forming the oviductal sperm reservoirTanYa M Gwathmey
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Biol Reprod 69:809-15. 2003Sperm reservoirs have been found in the oviducts of several species of mammals. In cattle, the reservoir is formed by the binding of sperm to fucose-containing glycoconjugates on the surface of oviductal epithelial cells...
- Molecular cloning and expression analysis of bovine programmed death-1Ryoyo Ikebuchi
Department of Disease Control, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 54:291-8. 2010..this study, we performed identification and preliminary characterization of the bovine PD-1 gene in two breeds of cattle. We cloned full cDNA sequences encoding for PD-1 from both Holstein-Friesian and Japanese Black breeds, and found ..
- Molecular cloning and characterization of NESP55, a novel chromogranin-like precursor of a peptide with 5-HT1B receptor antagonist activityR Ischia
Department of Pharmacology, University of Innsbruck, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Biol Chem 272:11657-62. 1997..Several NESP55 cDNA clones were isolated from bovine chromaffin cell libraries. The cDNA sequence of NESP55 totals 1499 nucleotides...
- Bovine CD14 gene characterization and relationship between polymorphisms and surface expression on monocytes and polymorphonuclear neutrophilsEveline M Ibeagha-Awemu
Department of Animal Science, McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec H9X 3V9, Canada
BMC Genet 9:50. 2008..The study was aimed at characterizing the CD14 gene of cattle for sequence variations and to determine the effect of variations on the expression of the protein on the surfaces ..
- Involvement of pro-inflammatory cytokines, mediators of inflammation, and basic fibroblast growth factor in prostaglandin F2alpha-induced luteolysis in bovine corpus luteumT P Neuvians
Department of Physiology, Technical University Munich, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, D 85350 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Biol Reprod 70:473-80. 2004..Immune cells and cytokines were shown to be relevant for bovine luteolysis...
- SNAP receptors implicated in vesicle targeting and fusionT Sollner
Rockefeller Research Laboratory, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021
Nature 362:318-24. 1993..based on the natural binding of these proteins to their targets was used to isolate SNAP receptors (SNAREs) from bovine brain...
- Expression of pluripotency-related genes during bovine inner cell mass explant cultureDisha Pant
Department of Animal and Avian Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
Cloning Stem Cells 11:355-65. 2009..In this study we monitored the expression of pluripotency-related genes in bovine inner cell mass (ICM) explants during the critical first steps in establishment of primary cultures...
- Analysis of 27 mammalian and 9 avian PrPs reveals high conservation of flexible regions of the prion proteinF Wopfner
Genecenter, Department of Virology, Max von Pettenkofer Institute for Medical Microbiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Feodor Lynen Str 25, Munich, 81377, Germany
J Mol Biol 289:1163-78. 1999..g. the N-terminal region from amino acid residue 23-90 and the regions located upstream of alpha-helices 1 and 3...
- Genetic and functional confirmation of the causality of the DGAT1 K232A quantitative trait nucleotide in affecting milk yield and compositionBernard Grisart
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liège B43, 20 Boulevard de Colonster, 4000 Liege Sart Tilman, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:2398-403. 2004..used a positional cloning approach to identify a nonconservative lysine to alanine substitution (K232A) in the bovine DGAT1 gene that was proposed to be the causative quantitative trait nucleotide underlying a quantitative trait ..
- Heat shock protein 70 enhances vascular bone morphogenetic protein-4 signaling by binding matrix Gla proteinYucheng Yao
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Box 951679, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Circ Res 105:575-84. 2009..Matrix Gla protein (MGP) is a calcification inhibitor, which binds and inhibits bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-2 and -4...
- Three-dimensional structure of recoverin, a calcium sensor in visionK M Flaherty
Beckman Laboratories for Structural Biology, Department of Cell Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305
Cell 75:709-16. 1993..The other two EF hands have novel structural features that prevent or impair calcium binding. A concave hydrophobic surface formed by EF hands 1 and 2 may participate in the read out of calcium signals by recoverin and its homologs...
- Bovine seminal plasma proteins PDC-109, BSP-A3, and BSP-30-kDa share functional roles in storing sperm in the oviductTanYa M Gwathmey
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Biol Reprod 75:501-7. 2006..In the bull, these proteins consist predominantly of the bovine seminal plasma family of proteins (BSPs): PDC-109 (BSP-A1/-A2), BSP-A3, and BSP-30-kDa...
- Structure of the alpha beta tubulin dimer by electron crystallographyE Nogales
Life Science Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nature 391:199-203. 1998....
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 is expressed by the bovine uterus and stimulates interferon-tau production in bovine trophectodermDonna D Michael
Department of Dairy and Animal Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, 16802, USA
Endocrinology 147:3571-9. 2006..determine whether fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2) is expressed in the bovine uterus during early pregnancy in cattle and to determine whether FGF-2 supplementation affects IFNT mRNA and protein abundance in bovine trophectoderm...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms at the imprinted bovine insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) locus are associated with dairy performance in Irish Holstein-Friesian cattleErik W Berkowicz
Animal Genomics Laboratory, UCD School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
J Dairy Res 78:1-8. 2011..fetal mitogenic hormone protein (IGF-II) and has previously been shown to be associated with performance in dairy cattle. In this study we assessed genotype-phenotype associations between four single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) ..
- Bovine papillomavirus E5 oncoprotein binds to the activated form of the platelet-derived growth factor beta receptor in naturally occurring bovine urinary bladder tumoursG Borzacchiello
Department of Pathology and Animal Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Naples University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Oncogene 25:1251-60. 2006..We have shown that BPV-2 DNA is present in the majority of naturally occurring urinary bladder tumours of cattle and that E5 is expressed in the cancer cells...
- Characterization and expression analysis of SOLD1, a novel member of the retrotransposon-derived Ly-6 superfamily, in bovine placental villiKoichi Ushizawa
Reproductive Biology Research Unit, Division of Animal Sciences, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
PLoS ONE 4:e5814. 2009..These members are divided into membrane-type and secretory-type proteins. In the present study, we report the identification of a novel Ly-6 domain protein, secreted protein of Ly-6 domain 1 (SOLD1), from bovine placenta.
- Isoform C beta 2, an unusual form of the bovine catalytic subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinaseS Wiemann
Institute of Experimental Pathology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
J Biol Chem 266:5140-6. 1991..We report here the isolation of a full-length cDNA clone coding for a hitherto undiscovered isoform of the bovine C-subunit...
Research Grants112 found, 100 shown here
- STRUCTURE, FUNCTION AND DYNAMICS OF TRANSHYDROGENASEYoussef Hatefi; Fiscal Year: 2001This project is concerned with study of the structure and function of bovine mitochondrial, bacterial (Escherichia coli, Rhodospirillum rubrum) and Entamoeba histolytica transhydrogenases (TH), which catalyze hydride ion transfer between ..
- Structure/Mechanism of a Prion-remodeling FactorFrancis T F Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2010..Examples include Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease and kuru in humans, bovine spongiform encephalopathy in cattle, and chronic wasting diseases in elk and deer...
- Cyclic Amplification of Prion Protein MisfoldingClaudio Soto; Fiscal Year: 2009..outbreak of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy and Chronic Wasting disease and the transmission of the disease from cattle to humans have risen a great concern about a possible epidemic of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease...
- Trophoblast MHC-I: Trigger for Immune-Mediated Rejection of Cloned Bovine FetusesChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2009..The incidence of immune-mediated abortion and placental insufficiency in both humans and cattle are greatly increased with the use of assisted reproductive technologies such as in vitro fertilization...
- Coronavirus RNA ReplicationDAVID BRIAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..missing by comparison to the shortest non-replicating subgenomic mRNA, that are required for replication of a bovine coronavirus defective interfering RNA...
- MARKERS OF HUMAN INFECTION WITH BOVINE LEUKEMIA VIRUSGERTRUDE BUEHRING; Fiscal Year: 2007..Bovine leukemia virus (BLV), an oncogenic retrovirus, causes widespread infection of cattle globally...
- REGULATION OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF TRYPANOSOMA BRUCEICHING CHUNG WANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..are the causative pathogens of African sleeping sickness in humans and nagana in cattle. They are a family of deeply branched eukaryotes that exhibit many unique features during their cell cycle ..
- REGULATION OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF TRYPANOSOMA BRUCEICHING CHUNG WANG; Fiscal Year: 2011..are the causative pathogens of African sleeping sickness in humans and nagana in cattle. They are a family of deeply branched eukaryotes that exhibit many unique features during their cell cycle ..
- Characterization of de novo generation of infectious prionsJoaquin Castilla; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) in US cattle and Nor98 (atypical scrapie) in New Zealand sheep, provide evidence that this infrequent spontaneous phenomenon ..
- A Phase I Study to Evaluate the Safety and Immunogenicity of HPV 16 L2 11-200WARNER KING HUH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Vaccination of cattle with bovine papillomavirus type 4 (BPV4) L2 11-200 protects against BPV4 challenge on the soft palate...
- Characterization of prion protein conformational changesValerie Daggett; Fiscal Year: 2007..disease, fatal familial insomnia and Kuru in humans, scrapie in sheep, bovine spongiform encephalopathy in cattle, and chronic wasting disease in deer and elk. While rare, these diseases are always fatal...
- Characterization of prion protein conformational changesVALERIE D DAGGETT; Fiscal Year: 2010..disease, fatal familial insomnia and Kuru in humans, scrapie in sheep, bovine spongiform encephalopathy in cattle, and chronic wasting disease in deer and elk. While rare, these diseases are always fatal...
- Key molecular mechanisms of extraneural pathogenesis and transmission of TSEsMark Zabel; Fiscal Year: 2009..include chronic wasting disease (CWD) of deer and elk, scrapie in sheep, bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) in cattle and Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease and kuru in humans...
- Key molecular mechanisms of extraneural pathogenesis and transmission of TSEsMark D Zabel; Fiscal Year: 2010..include chronic wasting disease (CWD) of deer and elk, scrapie in sheep, bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) in cattle and Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease and kuru in humans...
- Cyclic Amplification of Prion Protein MisfoldingClaudio Soto; Fiscal Year: 2010..outbreak of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy and Chronic Wasting disease and the transmission of the disease from cattle to humans have risen a great public health concern...
- Biochemical Detection of Prions in BloodJoaquin Castilla; Fiscal Year: 2005..outbreak of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy and Chronic Wasting disease and the transmission of the disease from cattle to humans have risen a great concern about a possible epidemic of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease...
- EVC2: A novel modulator in tooth developmentYoshiyuki Mochida; Fiscal Year: 2010..A causative gene, LIMBIN for bovine chondrodysplastic dwarfism (bcd) found in Japanese brown cattle was later identified as the bovine ortholog of EVC2, indicating the significance of EVC2 protein function...
- EVC2: A novel modulator in tooth developmentYoshiyuki Mochida; Fiscal Year: 2009..A causative gene, LIMBIN for bovine chondrodysplastic dwarfism (bcd) found in Japanese brown cattle was later identified as the bovine ortholog of EVC2, indicating the significance of EVC2 protein function...
- TRANSGENETIC STUDIES OF PRION DISEASE IN CERVIDSGlenn Telling; Fiscal Year: 2002..disease (CJD) in humans in the United Kingdom, known as vCJD, results from exposure to prions from cattle with bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or 'mad cow disease'...
- An improved expression vector to create transgenic mice for prion research.GULTEKIN TAMGUNEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..such as Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) in humans, scrapie in sheep, and bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) in cattle. These disorders are characterized by the conversion of the host-encoded cellular prion protein (PrPc) into an ..
- SdiA regulation of EHEC virulenceVanessa Sperandio; Fiscal Year: 2010..The main reservoir for EHEC is cattle herds...
- Antibodies and Congenital Neospora Caninum TransmissionGARY HALDORSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Transplacental transmission of neospora caninum results in abortions, stillbirths, and congenital infection in cattle and dogs. This apicomplexan parasite is similar to Toxoplasma gondii and Plasmodium sp...
- Biosensor for Rapid Detection of PrionThomas Hazel; Fiscal Year: 2005..and Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy are transmissible, neurodegenerative and fatal prion diseases of humans and cattle, respectively...
- S. typhimurium Genes Required for Colonization of CattleHelene Andrews Polymenis; Fiscal Year: 2004..typhimurium variants (phage types DT2 and DT99) that cause fatal pigeon paratyphoid do not persist in cattle. The objective of this proposal is to identify the genes responsible for the epidemiologic success of S...
- Molecular basis of cell-specific prion strain propagationCharles Weissmann; Fiscal Year: 2007..spongiform encephalopathies, such as variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in humans and "mad cow disease" in cattle are caused by an infectious agent called "prion"...
- Molecular basis of cell-specific prion strain propagationCharles Weissmann; Fiscal Year: 2009..spongiform encephalopathies, such as variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in humans and "mad cow disease" in cattle are caused by an infectious agent called "prion"...
- Producing Polyclonal Human Antibodies to AnthraxThillainayagam Sathiyaseelan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Hematech is developing a genetically modified line of cattle that will produce human instead of bovine immunoglobulin...
- STRUCTURE, FUNCTION AND DYNAMICS OF TRANSHYDROGENASEC Stout; Fiscal Year: 2003This project is concerned with study of the structure and function of bovine mitochondrial, bacterial (Escherichia coli, Rhodospirillum rubrum) and Entamoeba histolytica transhydrogenases (TH), which catalyze hydride ion transfer between ..
- Trophoblast MHC-I: Trigger for Immune-Mediated Rejection of Cloned Bovine FetusesChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2009..The incidence of immune-mediated abortion and placental insufficiency in both humans and cattle are greatly increased with the use of assisted reproductive technologies such as in vitro fertilization...
- Trophoblast MHC-I: Trigger for Immune-Mediated Rejection of Cloned Bovine FetusesKenneth L White; Fiscal Year: 2010..The incidence of immune-mediated abortion and placental insufficiency in both humans and cattle are greatly increased with the use of assisted reproductive technologies such as in vitro fertilization...
- Coronavirus RNA ReplicationDavid A Brian; Fiscal Year: 2010..missing by comparison to the shortest non-replicating subgenomic mRNA, that are required for replication of a bovine coronavirus defective interfering RNA...