Genomes and Genes
Alias: Norway rat, brown rat, rats, Rattus norvegicus, Rattus sp. strain Wistar, Buffalo rat, Rattus PC12 clone IS, Sprague-Dawley rat, Wistar rats, laboratory rat, zitter rats, Gunn rats, Rattus rattiscus, Rattus norvegicus8, Rattus norwegicus
- Popovic D, Dikic I. TBC1D5 and the AP2 complex regulate ATG9 trafficking and initiation of autophagy. EMBO Rep. 2014;15:392-401 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that TBC1D5 and the AP2 complex are important novel regulators of the rerouting of ATG9-containing vesicular carriers toward sites of autophagosome formation. ..
- Zhou Y, Xu L, Song X, Ding L, Chen J, Wang C, et al. The potential role of heat shock proteins in acute spinal cord injury. Eur Spine J. 2014;23:1480-90 pubmed publisher..Using Allen's frame to establish ASCI model of Sprague-Dawley rats, then a stable isotope-labelled strategy using isobaric tags for relative and absolute quantitation (iTRAQ) coupled ..
- Popow J, Jurkin J, Schleiffer A, Martinez J. Analysis of orthologous groups reveals archease and DDX1 as tRNA splicing factors. Nature. 2014;511:104-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a role for DDX1 in the context of the human tRNA ligase complex and suggest that the widespread co-occurrence of archease and RtcB proteins implies evolutionary conservation of their functional interplay. ..
- Dange R, Agarwal D, Masson G, Vila J, Wilson B, Nair A, et al. Central blockade of TLR4 improves cardiac function and attenuates myocardial inflammation in angiotensin II-induced hypertension. Cardiovasc Res. 2014;103:17-27 pubmed publisher..Hypertension was induced in male Sprague-Dawley rats by delivering AngII for 14 days...
- Jiang P, Nishimura T, Sakamaki Y, Itakura E, Hatta T, Natsume T, et al. The HOPS complex mediates autophagosome-lysosome fusion through interaction with syntaxin 17. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1327-37 pubmed publisher..Collectively these results suggest that, in addition to its well-established function in the endocytic pathway, HOPS promotes autophagosome-lysosome fusion through interaction with STX17. ..
- Xiao M, Li L, Li C, Zhang P, Hu Q, Ma L, et al. Role of autophagy and apoptosis in wound tissue of deep second-degree burn in rats. Acad Emerg Med. 2014;21:383-91 pubmed publisher..second-degree burns were modeled using a brass rod heated to 100°C applied for 6 seconds to the back skin of Wistar rats. Full-thickness biopsies were obtained from burned and nonburned controls at several times postburn...
- Li X, Wang J, Fang B, Tan W, Ma H. Intrathecal antagonism of microglial TLR4 reduces inflammatory damage to blood-spinal cord barrier following ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Mol Brain. 2014;7:28 pubmed publisher..To inhibit the positive feedback loop of TLR4-microglia-NF-?B/ IL-1? pathway by minocycline, TAK-242 (TLR4 inhibitor) and pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate (PDTC, NF-?B inhibitor) may provide new targets for treating I/R injury in clinic. ..
- Hong Y, Shao A, Wang J, Chen S, Wu H, McBride D, et al. Neuroprotective effect of hydrogen-rich saline against neurologic damage and apoptosis in early brain injury following subarachnoid hemorrhage: possible role of the Akt/GSK3? signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e96212 pubmed publisher..Sprague-Dawley rats (n?=?85) were randomly divided into the following groups: sham group (n?=?17), SAH group (n?=?17), SAH + saline ..
- Chen Y, Boland A, Kuzuoğlu Öztürk D, Bawankar P, Loh B, Chang C, et al. A DDX6-CNOT1 complex and W-binding pockets in CNOT9 reveal direct links between miRNA target recognition and silencing. Mol Cell. 2014;54:737-50 pubmed publisher..Together, our data provide the missing physical links in a molecular pathway that connects miRNA target recognition with translational repression, deadenylation, and decapping. ..
- Higuchi M, Yoshida S, Ueharu H, Chen M, Kato T, Kato Y. PRRX1 and PRRX2 distinctively participate in pituitary organogenesis and a cell-supply system. Cell Tissue Res. 2014;357:323-35 pubmed publisher..We recently cloned Prrx2 from the porcine adult pituitary cDNA library and found that only PRRX1 is present in the rat embryonic pituitary...
- Trevisan G, Hoffmeister C, Rossato M, Oliveira S, Silva M, Silva C, et al. TRPA1 receptor stimulation by hydrogen peroxide is critical to trigger hyperalgesia and inflammation in a model of acute gout. Free Radic Biol Med. 2014;72:200-9 pubmed publisher..Inflammatory parameters and mechanical hyperalgesia were measured in male Wistar rats and in wild-type (Trpa1(+/+)) or TRPA1-deficient (Trpa1(-/-)) male mice...
- Pekkurnaz G, Trinidad J, Wang X, Kong D, Schwarz T. Glucose regulates mitochondrial motility via Milton modification by O-GlcNAc transferase. Cell. 2014;158:54-68 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that, by dynamically regulating Milton GlcNAcylation, OGT tailors mitochondrial dynamics in neurons based on nutrient availability. ..
- Chen C, Hehnly H, Yu Q, Farkas D, Zheng G, Redick S, et al. A unique set of centrosome proteins requires pericentrin for spindle-pole localization and spindle orientation. Curr Biol. 2014;24:2327-2334 pubmed publisher..Not only do these data reveal a spindle-pole-localized complex for spindle orientation, but they identify key spindle symmetry proteins involved in the pathogenesis of MOPDII. ..
- Petrini E, Ravasenga T, Hausrat T, Iurilli G, Olcese U, Racine V, et al. Synaptic recruitment of gephyrin regulates surface GABAA receptor dynamics for the expression of inhibitory LTP. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3921 pubmed publisher..an increase of gephyrin and GABA(A)R similar to those observed during chem-iLTP in cultures were found in the rat visual cortex following an experience-dependent plasticity protocol that potentiates inhibitory transmission in ..
- Rainger J, Pehlivan D, Johansson S, Bengani H, Sanchez Pulido L, Williamson K, et al. Monoallelic and biallelic mutations in MAB21L2 cause a spectrum of major eye malformations. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:915-23 pubmed publisher..The phenotype associated with the homozygous mutation might be a consequence of complete loss of MAB21L2 RNA binding, although the cellular function of this interaction remains unknown. ..
- Gallego Iradi C, Bickford J, Khare S, Hall A, Nick J, Salmasinia D, et al. KCNC3(R420H), a K(+) channel mutation causative in spinocerebellar ataxia 13 displays aberrant intracellular trafficking. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;71:270-9 pubmed publisher..Electron microscopy of KCNC3(R420H) localization further supports retention in the Golgi. These results are specific to the KCNC3(R420H) allele and provide new insight into the molecular basis of disease manifestation in SCA13. ..
- Luedde M, Lutz M, Carter N, Sosna J, Jacoby C, Vucur M, et al. RIP3, a kinase promoting necroptotic cell death, mediates adverse remodelling after myocardial infarction. Cardiovasc Res. 2014;103:206-16 pubmed publisher..Consistent with a role in promoting necroptosis, adenoviral overexpression of RIP3 in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes and stimulation with TNF-? induced the formation of a complex of RIP1 and RIP3...
- Li C, Li J, He S, Li P, Zhong X. Roles of Fas/Fasl, Bcl-2/Bax, and Caspase-8 in rat nonalcoholic fatty liver disease pathogenesis. Genet Mol Res. 2014;13:3991-9 pubmed publisher..Flow cytometry showed that the apoptosis percentage of the rat liver in the experimental group increased, which increased more obviously with the extension of modeling time...
- Li J, Li Y, Jiao J, Wang J, Li Y, Qin D, et al. Mitofusin 1 is negatively regulated by microRNA 140 in cardiomyocyte apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1788-99 pubmed publisher..However, the function of Mfn1 is negatively regulated by miR-140. Our present work suggests that Mfn1 and miR-140 are integrated into the program of cardiomyocyte apoptosis. ..
- Niu J, Yue W, Song Y, Zhang Y, Qi X, Wang Z, et al. Prevention of acute liver allograft rejection by IL-10-engineered mesenchymal stem cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014;176:473-84 pubmed publisher..The mean survival time of the rats treated with MSCs-IL-10 was shown to be much longer than those treated with saline...
- Sirugo G, Predazzi I, Bartlett J, Tacconelli A, Walther M, Williams S. G6PD A- deficiency and severe malaria in The Gambia: heterozygote advantage and possible homozygote disadvantage. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2014;90:856-9 pubmed publisher..Our results support the protective effect in G6PD A- heterozygous females and suggest that homozygotes might be more susceptible to severe malaria attacks. ..
- Homan C, Kumar R, Nguyen L, Haan E, Raymond F, Abidi F, et al. Mutations in USP9X are associated with X-linked intellectual disability and disrupt neuronal cell migration and growth. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:470-8 pubmed publisher..Together our data support involvement of all three USP9X variants in ID in these families and provide likely cellular and molecular mechanisms involved. ..
- Dupuis J, Ladépêche L, Seth H, Bard L, VARELA J, Mikasova L, et al. Surface dynamics of GluN2B-NMDA receptors controls plasticity of maturing glutamate synapses. EMBO J. 2014;33:842-61 pubmed publisher..We thus uncover a non-canonical mechanism by which GluN2B-NMDAR surface dynamics plays a critical role in the plasticity of maturing synapses through a direct interplay with CaMKII. ..
- Loenarz C, Sekirnik R, Thalhammer A, Ge W, Spivakovsky E, Mackeen M, et al. Hydroxylation of the eukaryotic ribosomal decoding center affects translational accuracy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:4019-24 pubmed publisher..They will also aid in the development of small molecules altering translational accuracy for the treatment of genetic diseases linked to nonsense mutations...
- Bar Peled L, Sabatini D. Regulation of mTORC1 by amino acids. Trends Cell Biol. 2014;24:400-6 pubmed publisher..Increased understanding of this pathway will not only provide insight into growth control but also into the human pathologies triggered by its deregulation. ..
- Moore C, Nelson P, Parelkar N, Rusch N, Rhee S. Protein kinase A-phosphorylated KV1 channels in PSD95 signaling complex contribute to the resting membrane potential and diameter of cerebral arteries. Circ Res. 2014;114:1258-67 pubmed publisher..b>Rat cerebral arteries were used for analyses...
- Thauvin Robinet C, Lee J, Lopez E, Herranz Pérez V, Shida T, Franco B, et al. The oral-facial-digital syndrome gene C2CD3 encodes a positive regulator of centriole elongation. Nat Genet. 2014;46:905-11 pubmed publisher..Our results identify regulation of centriole length as an emerging pathogenic mechanism in ciliopathies. ..
- Schwartz S, Mumbach M, Jovanovic M, Wang T, Maciag K, Bushkin G, et al. Perturbation of m6A writers reveals two distinct classes of mRNA methylation at internal and 5' sites. Cell Rep. 2014;8:284-96 pubmed publisher..Our data shed light on the proteomic and transcriptional underpinnings of this RNA modification. ..
- Singleton R, Liu Yi P, Formenti F, Ge W, Sekirnik R, Fischer R, et al. OGFOD1 catalyzes prolyl hydroxylation of RPS23 and is involved in translation control and stress granule formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:4031-6 pubmed publisher..The work identifies a human prolyl hydroxylase with a role in translational regulation. ..
- Huang W, Zheng W, Ouyang H, Yi H, Liu S, Zeng W, et al. Mechanical allodynia induced by nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor is suppressed by p55TNFSR mediated by herpes simplex virus vector through the SDF1?/CXCR4 system in rats. Anesth Analg. 2014;118:671-80 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the role of these proinflammatory molecules in the dorsal root ganglion (DRG) and the spinal dorsal horn in NRTIs-mediated neuropathic pain state...
- Eswarappa S, Potdar A, Koch W, Fan Y, Vasu K, Lindner D, et al. Programmed translational readthrough generates antiangiogenic VEGF-Ax. Cell. 2014;157:1605-18 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, genome-wide analysis revealed AGO1 and MTCH2 as authentic readthrough targets. Overall, our studies reveal a novel protein-regulated PTR event in a vertebrate system. ..
- Farg M, Sundaramoorthy V, Sultana J, Yang S, Atkinson R, Levina V, et al. C9ORF72, implicated in amytrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia, regulates endosomal trafficking. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:3579-95 pubmed publisher..Hence, this study identifies a role for C9ORF72 in Rab-mediated cellular trafficking. ..
- Wu H, Wang C, Gregory K, Han G, Cho H, Xia Y, et al. Structure of a class C GPCR metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 bound to an allosteric modulator. Science. 2014;344:58-64 pubmed publisher..A combination of crystallography, structure-activity relationships, mutagenesis, and full-length dimer modeling provides insights about the allosteric modulation and activation mechanism of class C GPCRs. ..
- Szulińska M, Musialik K, Suliburska J, Lis I, Bogdanski P. The effect of L-arginine supplementation on serum resistin concentration in insulin resistance in animal models. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2014;18:575-80 pubmed..30 male and female Wistar rats were assigned to three equal groups: the standard diet group, the high-fat diet group, and the high-fat diet ..
- Kelly B, Graham S, Liska N, Dannhauser P, HÃ¶ning S, Ungewickell E, et al. Clathrin adaptors. AP2 controls clathrin polymerization with a membrane-activated switch. Science. 2014;345:459-63 pubmed publisher..This molecular switching mechanism can couple AP2's membrane recruitment to its key functions of cargo and clathrin binding. ..
- Kang H, Kerloc h A, Rotival M, Xu X, Zhang Q, D Souza Z, et al. Kcnn4 is a regulator of macrophage multinucleation in bone homeostasis and inflammatory disease. Cell Rep. 2014;8:1210-24 pubmed publisher..We use a systems genetics approach in rat macrophages to unravel their genetic determinants of multinucleation and investigate their role in both bone ..
- Zhang L, Zhou M, Wang Y, Huang W, Qin G, Weintraub N, et al. miR-92a inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis: role of the MKK4-JNK pathway. Apoptosis. 2014;19:975-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-92a overexpression inhibits H2O2-induced VSMC apoptosis by directly targeting the MKK4-JNK1 pathway. ..
- Chesarino N, McMichael T, Hach J, Yount J. Phosphorylation of the antiviral protein interferon-inducible transmembrane protein 3 (IFITM3) dually regulates its endocytosis and ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:11986-92 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that modification of Tyr(20) may serve in a cellular checkpoint controlling IFITM3 trafficking and degradation and demonstrate the complexity of posttranslational regulation of IFITM3. ..
- Lu Z, Ma X, Zhang H, Ji H, Ding H, Zhang J, et al. Mouse myosin-19 is a plus-end-directed, high-duty ratio molecular motor. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:18535-48 pubmed publisher..Based on the above results, we concluded that Myo19 is a high-duty ratio molecular motor moving to the plus-end of the actin filament. ..
- Cheng T, Wang Z, Liao Q, Zhu Y, Zhou W, Xu W, et al. MeCP2 suppresses nuclear microRNA processing and dendritic growth by regulating the DGCR8/Drosha complex. Dev Cell. 2014;28:547-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, control of microRNA processing via direct interaction with DGCR8 represents a mechanism for MeCP2 regulation of gene expression and neural development. ..
- Hamity M, Walder R, Hammond D. Increased neuronal expression of neurokinin-1 receptor and stimulus-evoked internalization of the receptor in the rostral ventromedial medulla of the rat after peripheral inflammatory injury. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:3037-51 pubmed publisher..In saline- and CFA-treated rats, neurokinin-1 receptor (NK1R) immunoreactivity was localized to neurons in the RVM...
- Wang J, Jia Z, Zhang C, Sun M, Wang W, Chen P, et al. miR-499 protects cardiomyocytes from H 2O 2-induced apoptosis via its effects on Pdcd4 and Pacs2. RNA Biol. 2014;11:339-50 pubmed publisher..Results We report that cardiac-abundant miR-499 could protect neonatal rat cardiomyocytes against H 2O 2-induced apoptosis...
- Wang Z, Wang J, Li Y, Geng J, Fu Q, Xu Y, et al. Novel frame-shift mutations of GLI3 gene in non-syndromic postaxial polydactyly patients. Clin Chim Acta. 2014;433:195-9 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated the role of GLI3 in a significant fraction of patients with non-syndromic bilateral polydactyly affecting both hands and feet. ..
- Kaneko N, Hwang J, Gertner M, Pontarelli F, Zukin R. Casein kinase 1 suppresses activation of REST in insulted hippocampal neurons and halts ischemia-induced neuronal death. J Neurosci. 2014;34:6030-9 pubmed publisher..We further show that global ischemia in rats in vivo triggers a decrease in CK1 and an increase in REST in selectively vulnerable hippocampal CA1 neurons...
- Cui L, Li P, Zhu Z. Impact of changes in postnatal nutrition on puberty onset and the expression of hypothalamic GnRH and ghrelin. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2014;18:703-9 pubmed..of hypothalamic ghrelin and gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) were examined in 1 day-old female Sprague-Dawley rats. Animals were randomly assigned into four groups: overnutrition group (Group O), normal group (Group N, control ..
- Zhou Z, Zhu X, Chen J, Yang S, Sun R, Yang G. The interaction between Toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway and hypoxia-inducible factor 1? in lung ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Surg Res. 2014;188:290-7 pubmed publisher..Forty-five Sprague-Dawley rats were randomly distributed in nine groups: (1) Sham group, (2) LIRI group, (3) LIRI + saline control group, (4) ..
- Schaeffer V, Akutsu M, Olma M, Gomes L, Kawasaki M, Dikic I. Binding of OTULIN to the PUB domain of HOIP controls NF-?B signaling. Mol Cell. 2014;54:349-61 pubmed publisher..Functionally, HOIP binding to OTULIN is required for the recruitment of OTULIN to the TNF receptor complex and to counteract HOIP-dependent activation of the NF-?B pathway. ..
- Elliott P, Nielsen S, Marco Casanova P, Fiil B, Keusekotten K, Mailand N, et al. Molecular basis and regulation of OTULIN-LUBAC interaction. Mol Cell. 2014;54:335-48 pubmed publisher..Our work exemplifies how coordination of ubiquitin assembly and disassembly activities in protein complexes regulates individual Ub linkage types. ..
- Tripathy S, Weil S, Chen C, Anand P, Vallee R, Gross S. Autoregulatory mechanism for dynactin control of processive and diffusive dynein transport. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:1192-201 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an unexpected form of long-range allosteric control of dynein motor function by internal p150(Glued) sequences, and evidence for p150(Glued) autoregulation. ..
- Heinzerling N, LIEDEL J, Welak S, Fredrich K, Biesterveld B, Pritchard K, et al. Intestinal alkaline phosphatase is protective to the preterm rat pup intestine. J Pediatr Surg. 2014;49:954-60; discussion 960 pubmed publisher..Preterm rat pups were fed formula with or without supplementation with IAP, and intestine was obtained on day of life 3 for ..
- Matsushita K, Tozaki Saitoh H, Kojima C, Masuda T, Tsuda M, Inoue K, et al. Chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 5 is an important pathological regulator in the development and maintenance of neuropathic pain. Anesthesiology. 2014;120:1491-503 pubmed publisher..A spinal nerve injury model was established in adult male Wistar rats. The von Frey test and hot plate test were performed to evaluate neuropathic pain behavior, and real-time ..
- Ni J, Shen Y, Wang Z, Shao D, Liu J, Fu L, et al. Inhibition of STAT3 acetylation is associated with angiotesin renal fibrosis in the obstructed kidney. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2014;35:1045-54 pubmed publisher..b>Rat renal tubular epithelial NRK-52E cells were treated with angiotesin II (Ang II), nicotinamide (an inhibitor of NAD+-..
- Chodaparambil J, Pate K, Hepler M, Tsai B, Muthurajan U, Luger K, et al. Molecular functions of the TLE tetramerization domain in Wnt target gene repression. EMBO J. 2014;33:719-31 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the TLE Q tetramer, not the dimer, binds to chromatin, specifically to K20 methylated histone H4 tails, suggesting that the TCF/TLE tetramer complex promotes structural transitions of chromatin to mediate repression. ..
- Hesketh G, PÃ©rez Dorado I, Jackson L, Wartosch L, SchÃ¤fer I, Gray S, et al. VARP is recruited on to endosomes by direct interaction with retromer, where together they function in export to the cell surface. Dev Cell. 2014;29:591-606 pubmed publisher..Finally, we propose that endocytic cycling of VAMP7 depends on its interaction with VARP and, consequently, also on retromer. ..
- Scherer J, Yi J, Vallee R. PKA-dependent dynein switching from lysosomes to adenovirus: a novel form of host-virus competition. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:163-77 pubmed publisher..This arrangement provides a novel means to fine tune transport of these organelles in response to infection as well as to developmental and physiological cues. ..
- Bogenhagen D, Martin D, Koller A. Initial steps in RNA processing and ribosome assembly occur at mitochondrial DNA nucleoids. Cell Metab. 2014;19:618-29 pubmed publisher..These results provide insight into the landscape of binding events required for mitochondrial ribosome assembly and firmly establish the mtDNA nucleoid as a control center for mitochondrial biogenesis. ..