Genomes and Genes
Alias: ricefield mouse, Mus caroli, Mus caroli Bonhote, 1902, Mus formosanus, Mus formosanus Kuroda, 1925
- Inuki S, Aiba T, Hirata N, Ichihara O, Yoshidome D, Kita S, et al. Isolated Polar Amino Acid Residues Modulate Lipid Binding in the Large Hydrophobic Cavity of CD1d. ACS Chem Biol. 2016;11:3132-3139 pubmed..Here, the results showed that confined polar residues in the large hydrophobic lipid binding pockets of the proteins could be potential targets to modulate the affinity for its ligands. ..
- Matsui Hasumi A, Sato Y, Uto Konomi A, Yamashita S, Uehori J, Yoshimura A, et al. E3 ubiquitin ligases SIAH1/2 regulate hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1)-mediated Th17 cell differentiation. Int Immunol. 2017;29:133-143 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the SIAH1 and SIAH2 play a pivotal role to promote Th17 cell differentiation through maintaining the stability of HIF-1? protein. ..
- Ford K, Mack J, O Neill R. Multiple independent pseudogene derivations indicate increased instability of the Mdm2 locus in Mus caroli. Mol Biol Rep. 2005;32:95-101 pubmed..We have isolated processed pseudogenes for Mdm2 in Mus caroli DNA, likely formed from independent events in different individuals...
- Hirobe T, Yoshihara C, Takeuchi S, Wakamatsu K, Ito S, Abe H, et al. A novel deletion mutation of mouse ruby-eye 2 named ru2(d)/Hps5(ru2-d) inhibits melanocyte differentiation and its impaired differentiation is rescued by L-tyrosine. Zoolog Sci. 2011;28:790-801 pubmed publisher..L-Tyr injected into ru2(d)/ru2(d) mice also stimulated melanocyte differentiation. These results suggest that the ru2(d) allele inhibits melanocyte differentiation, and that its impaired differentiation is rescued by excess Tyr. ..
- Peng X, Xu E, Liang W, Pei X, Chen D, Zheng D, et al. Identification of FAM3D as a new endogenous chemotaxis agonist for the formyl peptide receptors. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:1831-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that FAM3D plays a role in gastrointestinal homeostasis and inflammation through its receptors FPR1 and FPR2. ..
- Chen X, Jiao J, He X, Zhang J, Wang H, Xu Y, et al. CHI3L1 regulation of inflammation and the effects on osteogenesis in a Staphylococcus aureus-induced murine model of osteomyelitis. FEBS J. 2017;284:1738-1747 pubmed publisher..aureus-infected mice. This research indicates that inhibition of CHI3L1 can reduce the debilitating effects of S. aureus in a murine model of osteomyelitis. ..
- Maelfait J, Bridgeman A, Benlahrech A, Cursi C, Rehwinkel J. Restriction by SAMHD1 Limits cGAS/STING-Dependent Innate and Adaptive Immune Responses to HIV-1. Cell Rep. 2016;16:1492-1501 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates a competition between cell-autonomous virus control and subsequent innate and adaptive immune responses, a concept with important implications for the treatment of infection. ..
- Bassett E, Tokarew N, Allemano E, Mazerolle C, Morin K, Mears A, et al. Norrin/Frizzled4 signalling in the preneoplastic niche blocks medulloblastoma initiation. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..These data expose a stromal component that regulates the earliest stages of tumorigenesis in the cerebellum, and a novel role for the Norrin/Fzd4 axis as an endogenous anti-tumor signal in the preneoplastic niche. ..
- Oleinika K, Rosser E, Matei D, Nistala K, Bosma A, Drozdov I, et al. CD1d-dependent immune suppression mediated by regulatory B cells through modulations of iNKT cells. Nat Commun. 2018;9:684 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify a mechanism by which Bregs restrain excessive inflammation via lipid presentation. ..
- El Yakoubi W, Buffin E, CladiÃ¨re D, Gryaznova Y, Berenguer I, Touati S, et al. Mps1 kinase-dependent Sgo2 centromere localisation mediates cohesin protection in mouse oocyte meiosis I. Nat Commun. 2017;8:694 pubmed publisher..Here the authors demonstrate that Bub1 and Mps1 kinase activities are required for Sgo2 localisation to the centromere region. ..
- MuÃ±oz Culla M, Irizar H, Gorostidi A, Alberro A, Osorio Querejeta I, Ruiz MartÃnez J, et al. Progressive changes in non-coding RNA profile in leucocytes with age. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:1202-1218 pubmed publisher..Therefore, human aging could be studied as a result of progressive molecular changes, and different age ranges should be analysed to cover the whole aging process. ..
- Gong Y, Handa N, Kowalczykowski S, de Lange T. PHF11 promotes DSB resection, ATR signaling, and HR. Genes Dev. 2017;31:46-58 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a role for PHF11 in DSB resection, DNA damage signaling, and DSB repair. ..
- Esmaeili M, Pungsrinont T, Schaefer A, Baniahmad A. A novel crosstalk between the tumor suppressors ING1 and ING2 regulates androgen receptor signaling. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:1167-1179 pubmed..ING2, like ING1, inhibits AR-mediated transactivation and prostate cancer cell growth. â€¢ ING1 regulates ING2. â€¢ ING1 and ING2 crosstalk with each other to inhibit AR signaling in prostate cancer. ..
- Badenhorst D, Tatard C, Suputtamongkol Y, Robinson T, Dobigny G. Host cell/Orientia tsutsugamushi interactions: evolution and expression of syndecan-4 in Asian rodents (Rodentia, Muridae). Infect Genet Evol. 2012;12:1136-46 pubmed publisher..These patterns may underpin the poor carrier status of wild mice on the one hand, and the effective role of wild rats as reservoir hosts on the other. ..
- Prokofjeva M, Proshkina G, Lebedev T, Shulgin A, Spirin P, Prassolov V, et al. Lentiviral gene delivery to plasmolipin-expressing cells using Mus caroli endogenous retrovirus envelope protein. Biochimie. 2017;142:226-233 pubmed publisher..Here we show that lentiviral vector particles pseudotyped with Mus caroli endogenous retrovirus (McERV) envelope protein can be used for selective transduction of PLLP-expressing cells...
- Kaneko S, Aki I, Tsuda K, Mekada K, Moriwaki K, Takahata N, et al. Origin and evolution of processed pseudogenes that stabilize functional Makorin1 mRNAs in mice, primates and other mammals. Genetics. 2006;172:2421-9 pubmed publisher..However, Mus caroli in the cervicolor species group expresses not only Makorin1-p1, but also another older Makorin1-derived ..
- Thomas R, Penn S, Holden K, Bradfield C, Rank D. Sequence variation and phylogenetic history of the mouse Ahr gene. Pharmacogenetics. 2002;12:151-63 pubmed
- DÃaz MuÃ±oz M, Kiselev V, Le NovÃ¨re N, Curk T, Ule J, Turner M. Tia1 dependent regulation of mRNA subcellular location and translation controls p53 expression in B cells. Nat Commun. 2017;8:530 pubmed publisher..Here the authors find that p53 mRNA, present in stress granules in activated B lymphocytes, is released upon DNA damage and is translated in a CAP-independent manner. ..
- Zawalich W, Zawalich K, Tesz G, Sterpka J, Philbrick W. Insulin secretion and IP levels in two distant lineages of the genus Mus: comparisons with rat islets. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001;280:E720-8 pubmed..of two different Mus geni, the laboratory mouse (Mus musculus) and a phylogenetically more ancient species (Mus caroli), were measured and compared with the responses of islets from rats (Rattus norvegicus)...