Genomes and Genes
Alias: ass, African ass, African wild ass, Somali wild ass, domestic ass, Equus asinus
Publications261 found, 100 shown here
- Assessment of the potential for displacement interactions with sugammadex: a pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modelling approachAlex Zwiers
Schering Plough Research Institute, a Division of MSD, Newhouse, Scotland, UK
Clin Drug Investig 31:101-11. 2011..Cyclodextrins are known to form inclusion complexes with other compounds...
- The evolution of aging: a new approach to an old problem of biologyJ T Bowles
Med Hypotheses 51:179-221. 1998..This advantage of aging led to the evolution of aging systems (ASs). Periodic predation was the most prevalent episodic selection pressure in evolution...
- Codistribution of procathepsin B and mature cathepsin B forms in human prostate tumors detected by confocal and immunofluorescence microscopyA A Sinha
Department of Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55108, USA
Anat Rec 252:281-9. 1998..Fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC)-conjugated donkey antirabbit IgG and indocarbocyanine (Cy3; rhodamine)-conjugated donkey antimouse IgG were used to differentiate ..
- Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus vaccine candidate (V3526) safety, immunogenicity and efficacy in horsesDonald L Fine
DynPort Vaccine Company LLC DVC, A CSC Company, 64 Thomas Johnson Drive, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Vaccine 25:1868-76. 2007..site-directed mutagenesis from a virulent clone of the Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus (VEEV) IA/B Trinidad donkey (TrD) strain, intended for human use in protection against Venezuelan equine encephalitis (VEE)...
- Arginine metabolism and the synthesis of nitric oxide in the nervous systemH Wiesinger
Physiologisch chemisches Institut der Universität, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 4, D 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Prog Neurobiol 64:365-91. 2001..Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase which together can recycle the NOS coproduct L-citrulline to L-arginine are expressed ..
- The chemotherapy of rodent malaria. LXI. Drug combinations to impede the selection of drug resistance, part 4: the potential role of 8-aminoquinolinesW Peters
Centre for Tropical Antiprotozoal Chemotherapy, Y Block, Northwick Park Institute for Medical Research, Watford Road, Harrow HA1 3UJ, UK
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 97:221-36. 2003..chabaudi ASS (the 238C line) or P. yoelii ssp...
- Illustrated identification keys to strongylid parasites (Strongylidae: Nematoda) of horses, zebras and asses (Equidae)J Ralph Lichtenfels
Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, The Henry A Wallace Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Vet Parasitol 156:4-161. 2008The Equidae (the horse, Equus caballus, the ass, Equus asinus, zebras and their hybrids) are hosts to a great variety of nematode parasites, some of which can cause significant morbidity or mortality if individual hosts are untreated...
- Almost all about citrulline in mammalsE Curis
Laboratoire de Biomathématiques, E A 2498, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Amino Acids 29:177-205. 2005..synthase (NOS) and ornithine carbamoyltransferase (OCT) which produce citrulline, and argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) that converts it into argininosuccinate...
- Role of the L-citrulline/L-arginine cycle in iNANC nerve-mediated nitric oxide production and airway smooth muscle relaxation in allergic asthmaHarm Maarsingh
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, University Centre for Pharmacy, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 546:171-6. 2006..cells, L-citrulline can be recycled to L-arginine in a two-step reaction involving argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) and -lyase (ASL)...
- Correction of argininosuccinate synthetase (AS) deficiency in a murine model of citrullinemia with recombinant adenovirus carrying human AS cDNAX Ye
Children s Research Institute, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Gene Ther 7:1777-82. 2000..We have explored the use of adenoviral vectors as a treatment modality in a murine model of citrullinemia, the Ass mouse. The Ass mouse has no endogenous AS activity due to a targeted interruption of the AS gene...
- Inhibition of chymotrypsin- and subtilisin-like serine proteases with Tk-serpin from hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensisShun ichi Tanaka
Department of Material and Life Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1814:299-307. 2011..inhibits Tk-subtilisin (TKS) from the same organism with the second-order association rate constants (k(ass)) of 5.2×10³ M⁻¹ s⁻¹ at 40°C and 3...
- Efficacy of a new oral lubricant solution in the management of psychotropic drug-induced xerostomia: a randomized controlled trialStéphane J Mouly
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Unit of Therapeutic Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:437-43. 2007..Xerostomia is a subjective sensation of mouth dryness often occurring as an unwanted effect of psychotropic drugs...
- Analysis of the binding of bispecific monoclonal antibodies with immobilized antigens (human IgG and horseradish peroxidase) using a resonant mirror biosensorDmitriy A Dmitriev
Division of Chemical Enzymology, Department of Chemistry, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russian Federation
J Immunol Methods 261:103-18. 2002..Thus, the observed equilibrium association constant (K(ass)) of anti-HRP mAbs was about 50 times higher that of anti-HRP shoulder of bAbs...
- Human cerebrospinal fluid apolipoprotein E isoforms are apparently inefficient at complexing with synthetic Alzheimer's amyloid-[beta] peptide (A[beta] 1-40 ) in vitroZhongmin Zhou
Laboratory of Alzheimer Research, Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Cornell University Medical College, New York, USA
Mol Med 8:376-81. 2002..isoform-specific interaction of native human apolipoprotein E (APOE, gene; apoE, protein) epsilon 3 with the amyloid-ss peptide, Ass(1-40), the major component of the cerebral amyloid deposits that appear to cause Alzheimer's disease.
- Effects of acute ammonia toxicity on nitric oxide (NO), citrulline-NO cycle enzymes, arginase and related metabolites in different regions of rat brainM Swamy
Department of Chemical Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, Health Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Neurosci Res 53:116-22. 2005..by-product of the NOS reaction, can be recycled to arginine by successive actions of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) via the citrulline-NO cycle...
- Genetic screening of the lipoprotein lipase gene for mutations in Chinese subjects with or without hypertriglyceridemiaYuhong Yang
Department of Biochemistry, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300070, China
J Genet Genomics 34:381-91. 2007..To investigate the association between the mutations in lipoprotein lipase gene and hypertriglyceridemia (HTG)...
- Argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase: two ornithine cycle enzymes from Agaricus bisporusMatthijs J M Wagemaker
Department of Microbiology, IWWR, Radboud University Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1, NL 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mycol Res 111:493-502. 2007..Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) are two ornithine cycle enzymes catalysing the last two steps in the arginine ..
- Endocrine alterations around the time of abortion in mares impregnated with donkey or horse semenM Boeta
Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico, DF
Anim Reprod Sci 121:124-30. 2010..eCG), progesterone and estrone sulphate during normal and failed pregnancies of mares impregnated with donkey or horse semen, relating their individual endocrine profiles to the time of pregnancy loss, and to the ..
- Identification and preliminary validation of novel biomarkers of acute hepatic ischaemia/reperfusion injury using dual-platform proteomic/degradomic approachesS I Svetlov
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Mechanisims of Injury, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Biomarkers 11:355-69. 2006..mass-spectrometry, we identified several hepatic proteins, including argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) and estrogen sulfotransferase (EST-1), which were degraded in the liver and rapidly released into circulation ..
- Evaluation of myocardial flow reserve using pharmacological stress thallium-201 single-photon emission computed tomography: is there a difference between total arterial off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting and conventional coronary artery bypass graftJae Won Lee
Department of Thoracic, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Heart Surg Forum 7:E471-6. 2004..We studied these procedures using thallium- 201 perfusion single-photon emission computed tomography (Tl-201 perfusion SPECT)...
- Redescription of Besnoitia bennetti (Protozoa: Apicomplexa) from the donkey (Equus asinus)J P Dubey
Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, MD 20705 2350, USA
Int J Parasitol 35:659-72. 2005Besnoitia bennetti tissue cysts were found in four naturally-infected donkeys (Equus asinus) from the USA. Infectivity of its bradyzoites and tachyzoites to animals and cell culture was studied...
- Differential responses of Equus caballus and Equus asinus to infection with two pathogenic strains of equine infectious anemia virusS J Cook
Department of Veterinary Science, University of Kentucky, 108 Gluck Equine Research Center, Lexington, KY 40546, USA
Vet Microbiol 79:93-109. 2001..Equus caballus) with little published information available detailing the clinical responses of donkeys (Equus asinus) to infection with this virus...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 binds to small heparin-derived oligosaccharides and stimulates a sustained phosphorylation of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase and proliferation of rat mammary fibroblastsMaryse Delehedde
School of Biological Sciences, Life Science Building, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZB, U K
Biochem J 366:235-44. 2002..As the chain length increased from tetrasaccharide to octasaccharide, there was a substantial increase in k(ass) (564000 M(-1) x s(-1) to 2000000 M(-1) x s(-1), respectively) and affinity (K(d) 77 nM to 11 nM, respectively) for ..
- [Acanthopanax senticosus saponins ameliorates oxidative damage induced by hydrogen peroxide in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes]Qiming Liang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jilin University, Changchun 130021, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 34:2489-93. 2009To investigate the effect of Acanthopanax senticosus saponins (ASS) on oxidative damage induced by hydrogen peroxide (H2O2 ) in cardiomyocytes.
- Taylorella asinigenitalis sp. nov., a bacterium isolated from the genital tract of male donkeys (Equus asinus)S S Jang
Microbiology Service, Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 51:971-6. 2001..indistinguishable from Taylorella equigenitalis were obtained from the urethral fossae of three male donkeys (Equus asinus), one located in the state of California and the other two in the state of Kentucky, USA...
- Mild citrullinemia in Caucasians is an allelic variant of argininosuccinate synthetase deficiency (citrullinemia type 1)Johannes Haberle
Universitatsklinikum Munster, Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderheilkunde, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Mol Genet Metab 80:302-6. 2003Citrullinemia is caused by either deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS, citrullinemia type 1) or a defect of the SLC25A13 gene encoding a mitochondrial aspartate-glutamate transporter (citrullinemia type II)...
- Argininosuccinate synthetase is a functional target for a snake venom anti-hypertensive peptide: role in arginine and nitric oxide productionJuliano R Guerreiro
Center for Applied Toxinology CAT CEPID, Instituto Butantan, SP 05503 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Biol Chem 284:20022-33. 2009..for kidney cytosolic proteins with affinity for Bj-BPP-10c and demonstrate that argininosuccinate synthetase (AsS) is the major protein binding to the peptide...
- Reduced argininosuccinate synthetase is a predictive biomarker for the development of pulmonary metastasis in patients with osteosarcomaEisuke Kobayashi
Chemotherapy Division, National Cancer Centre Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 9:535-44. 2010..We identified argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) as a gene differentially expressed with the highest statistical significance (Welch's t test, P = 2.2 x 10(-5))...
- [Hepatitis E virus (HEV) genotype and the prevalence of anti-HEV in 8 species of animals in the suburbs of Beijing]Jia Bao Geng
Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 31:47-50. 2010To investigate the prevalence of anti-hepatitis E virus (HEV) and genotypes of hepatitis E virus in 8 species of animals including swine, cattle, sheep, horse, donkey, dog, chicken and duck in the suburb of Beijing.
- Brain nitric oxide production by a proline-rich decapeptide from Bothrops jararaca venom improves baroreflex sensitivity of spontaneously hypertensive ratsClaudiana Lameu
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hypertens Res 33:1283-8. 2010..oxide (NO), which is synthesized by NO synthase (NOS) in the citrulline-NO cycle (with argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) activity being the rate-limiting step), contributes to impaired baroreflex...
- The novel bovine serpin endopin 2C demonstrates selective inhibition of the cysteine protease cathepsin L compared to the serine protease elastase, in cross-class inhibitionShin Rong Hwang
Department of Pharmacology, Medicine, and Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0324, USA
Biochemistry 44:7757-67. 2005..stoichiometry of inhibition (SI) of 1/1 (molar ratio of inhibitor/protease), with the second-order rate constant, k(ass), of 7.2 x 10(5) M(-1) s(-1)...
- Evaluation of endogenous nitric oxide synthesis in congenital urea cycle enzyme defectsHironori Nagasaka
Division of Metabolism, Chiba Children s Hospital, Chiba 266 0007, Japan
Metabolism 58:278-82. 2009..NOS reaction, can be recycled to arginine by the 2 enzymes acting in the urea cycle: argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL)...
- High performance liquid chromatography coupled with atmospheric pressure chemical ionization mass spectrometry for sensitive determination of bioactive amines in donkey milkGiovanna Loredana La Torre
Dipartimento di Scienze degli Alimenti e dell Ambiente Prof Guglielmo Stagno d Alcontres, Facolta di Scienze MM FF NN, Universita di Messina, Viale Ferdinando Stagno d Alcontres, 31 98166 Messina, Italy
J Chromatogr A 1217:5215-24. 2010..amines (histamine, tyramine, tryptamine, 2-phenylethylamine, cadaverine, putrescine, spermidine and spermine) in donkey milk samples...
- Pegylated recombinant human arginase (rhArg-peg5,000mw) inhibits the in vitro and in vivo proliferation of human hepatocellular carcinoma through arginine depletionPaul Ning Man Cheng
Cancer Drug R and D Centre and Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Cancer Res 67:309-17. 2007..HCC) is believed to be auxotrophic for arginine through the lack of expression of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS)...
- Neurovirulence evaluation of Venezuelan equine encephalitis (VEE) vaccine candidate V3526 in nonhuman primatesDonald L Fine
DynPort Vaccine Company LLC DVC, A CSC Company, 64 Thormas Johnson Drive, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Vaccine 26:3497-506. 2008..vaccine derived from a full-length infectious clone of Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus (VEEV) Trinidad donkey strain (TrD), a comparator VEEV vaccine (TC-83), TrD, and process control material (PCM) in juvenile rhesus ..
- PTFE bypass or thrupass for superficial femoral artery occlusion? A randomised controlled trialM Lepantalo
Department of Vascular Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 37:578-84. 2009..Less morbidity and better cost-effectiveness are suggested to be achieved in the treatment of chronic lower limb ischaemia with endovascular treatment compared to surgical treatment...
- Clinical, virological and immune responses of normal and immunosuppressed donkeys (Equus asinus africanus) after inoculation with African horse sickness virusO Fassi-Fihri
Departement de Microbiologie, Immunologie et Maladies contagieuses, Institut Agronomique et Veterinaire Hassan, Rabat Instituts, Morocco
Arch Virol Suppl 14:49-56. 1998....
- Isolation of Enterobacter sakazakii from ass' milk in Sicily: case report, safety and legal issuesF Conte
Dipartimento di Sanità Pubblica Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Messina, Polo Universitario dell Annunziata, 98168 Messina, Italy
Travel Med Infect Dis 6:250-2. 2008..Es is included between "safety criteria". The isolation of two strains of Es from 50 samples of ass' milk in Sicily is described...
- Structure of the human argininosuccinate synthetase gene and an improved system for molecular diagnostics in patients with classical and mild citrullinemiaJ Haberle
Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderheilkunde, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, 48149 Munster, Germany
Hum Genet 110:327-33. 2002Deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) causes citrullinemia, an autosomal recessive inherited defect of the urea cycle. Most patients described so far have presented with the classical form of the disease...
- The Spn4 gene of Drosophila encodes a potent furin-directed secretory pathway serpinMartin J Richer
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z3
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:10560-5. 2004..Our biochemical and kinetics analysis revealed that recombinant Spn4A inhibits human furin (K(i), 13 pM; k(ass), 3.2 x 10(7) M(-1) x s(-1)) and Drosophila PC2 (K(i), 3.5 nM; k(ass), 9...
- [An unusual cause of recurrent chest pain in a highly trained recreational athlete]Daniel König
Abteilung Rehabilitative und Präventive Sportmedizin, Medizinische Universitatsklinik Freiburg, Freiburg
Herz 32:665-8. 2007..and the patient received an antivasospastic medication (amlodipine, atorvastatin, and acetylsalicylic acid [ASS]). After 6 months, the patient had a relapse during moderate physical activity...
- Morphology and diagnosis of some fourth-stage larvae of cyathostomines (Nematoda: Strongyloidea) in donkeys Equus asinus L. from EthiopiaVitaliy Kharchenko
Schmalhausen Institute of Zoology NAS of Ukraine, vul B Khmelnitskogo, 15, Kyiv, 01601, Ukraine
Syst Parasitol 72:1-13. 2009Fourth-stage larvae of four species of the Cyathostominae Nicoll, 1927 parasitic in donkeys Equus asinus L. from Ethiopia were identified mainly using moulting specimens. They are Cylicocyclus asini Matthee, Krecek & Gibbons, 2001, C...
- Palliative effect of lafutidine on oral burning sensationM Toida
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Sciences, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 38:262-8. 2009..Lafutidine is a unique histamine H(2)-receptor antagonist (H2RA) that has a sensitizing effect on capsaicin-sensitive afferent neurons (CSAN). This effect may make lafutidine useful for the treatment of burning mouth syndrome (BMS)...
- Detection of new DNA polymerase genes of known and potentially novel herpesviruses by PCR with degenerate and deoxyinosine-substituted primersB Ehlers
Robert Koch Institut, Berlin
Virus Genes 18:211-20. 1999..primer PCR approach was used to (i) investigate the presence of herpesviruses in wild and zoo equids (zebra, wild ass, tapir) and to (ii) study the genetic relationship of the herpesvirus of pigeons (columbid herpesvirus 1) to other ..
- Identification of 16 novel mutations in the argininosuccinate synthetase gene and genotype-phenotype correlation in 38 classical citrullinemia patientsHong Zhi Gao
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Hum Mutat 22:24-34. 2003..CTLN1), a rare autosomal recessive disorder, is caused by mutations of the argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) gene, localized on chromosome 9q34.1. ASS functions as a rate-limiting enzyme in the urea cycle...
- Deqi sensation between the acupuncture-experienced and the naïve: a Korean study IIJongbae Park
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, UK
Am J Chin Med 33:329-37. 2005..After informed consent was obtained, participants were asked to complete the acupuncture sensation scale (ASS) according to what they expected needling to feel like...
- [Optimizing spectral region in using near-infrared spectroscopy for donkey milk analysis]Li Min Zheng
College of Information and Electrical Engineering, China Agricultural University Beijing 100083, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 27:2224-7. 2007b>Donkey milk has aroused more attention in recent years since its nutrition composition shows a higher similarity to human milk than others...
- Differences in ability of jennies and mares to conceive with cooled and frozen semen containing glycerol or notMarianne Vidament
UMR INRA CNRS Haras Nationaux University Tours Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Physiologie Animale et Systèmes d Elevage, Centre de Recherche de Tours, Nouzilly, France
Anim Reprod Sci 112:22-35. 2009A suitable method for the cryopreservation of donkey semen would be very valuable for the ex situ management of genetic diversity in this species...
- Characterization of human wild-type and mutant argininosuccinate synthetase proteins expressed in bacterial cellsN Shaheen
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Enzyme Protein 48:251-64. 1994Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) is a urea cycle enzyme with a tetrameric structure composed of identical subunits. Citrullinemia is an autosomal recessive disease caused by a deficiency of ASS...
- Activated microglia cells express argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase in the rat brain after transient ischemiaElisa Bizzoco
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine, Section of Histology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini, 6, 50139 Florence, Italy
Exp Neurol 208:100-9. 2007Argininosuccinate-synthetase (ASS), argininosuccinate-lyase (ASL) and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) act in the l-arginine-NO-l-citrulline cycle...
- Pancreatic cancer cell lines deficient in argininosuccinate synthetase are sensitive to arginine deprivation by arginine deiminaseTawnya L Bowles
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Int J Cancer 123:1950-5. 2008..the non-essential amino acid arginine from aspartate and citrulline using the enzyme argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS)...
- A perspective on Theileria equi infections in donkeysSanjay Kumar
National Research Center on Equines, Sirsa Road, Hisar 125 001, Haryana, India
Jpn J Vet Res 56:171-80. 2009The donkey population has remained unchanged in the last two decades despite a decrease in the overall population of equids, emphasizing the usefulness of the donkey as a draught and pack animal...
- Nature and frequency of mutations in the argininosuccinate synthetase gene that cause classical citrullinemiaK Kobayashi
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Hum Genet 96:454-63. 1995Citrullinemia is an autosomal recessive disorder caused by a genetic deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS)...
- Clinical significance of anti-histidyl-tRNA synthetase (Jo1) autoantibodiesEmeline Gomard-Mennesson
Department of Internal Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Benite, Franc
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1109:414-20. 2007..synthetase (Jo1) autoantibodies patients was established in the early diagnosis of antisynthetase syndrome (ASS) as the common form of this pathology is characterized by interstitial lung disease (ILD), inflammatory muscle ..
- Transient ischemia increases neuronal nitric oxide synthase, argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase co-expression in rat striatal neuronsElisa Bizzoco
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine, Section of Histology, University of Florence, Viale G Pieraccini, 6, 50134 Florence, Italy
Exp Neurol 204:252-9. 2007..Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) and nNOS act in the L-arginine-NO-L-citrulline cycle permitting a correct NO ..
- Dacron or PTFE for above-knee femoropopliteal bypass. a multicenter randomised studyL P Jensen
Department of Vascular Surgery B, Copenhagen University Gentofte Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 34:44-9. 2007..To compare polytetrafluorethylene (PTFE) and polyester grafts (Dacron) for above knee femoropopliteal bypass...
- A molecular genetic linkage map of mouse chromosome 2L D Siracusa
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, NCI Frederick Cancer Research Facility, Maryland 21701
Genomics 6:491-504. 1990..DNAs from N2 progeny were subjected to Southern blot analysis using molecular probes that identified the Abl, Acra, Ass, C5, Cas-1, Fshb, Gcg, Hox-5...
- Soy formulas and nonbovine milkMaria Antonella Muraro
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 89:97-101. 2002..Cow's milk allergy is frequently observed during the first year of life when nutritional requirements are critical. In those cases where breast-feeding is not available, a safe and adequate substitute to cow's milk should be offered...
- Co-detection of PTH/PTHrP receptor and tartrate resistant acid phosphatase in osteoclastsCarol V Gay
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, 108 Althouse Lab, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Cell Biochem 89:902-8. 2003..All antibody solutions and rinses contained 1% donkey serum and 0.5% Tween 20 to ensure antibody integrity and good rinsing procedure...
- Refined genome-wide comparative map of the domestic horse, donkey and human based on cross-species chromosome painting: insight into the occasional fertility of mulesFengtang Yang
Centre for Veterinary Science, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB3 0ES, UK
Chromosome Res 12:65-76. 2004..the hybridization results, we have generated genome-wide comparative chromosome maps involving the domestic horse, donkey and human...
- Identification of amino-acids in the alpha-subunit first and third loops that are crucial for the heterospecific follicle-stimulating hormone activity of equid luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropinM Chopineau
Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements PRC, UMR INRA CNRS 6073, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Eur J Endocrinol 150:877-84. 2004..important for expression of heterospecific FSH activity of horse (e) LH/choriogonadotropin (CG) (eLH) and donkey (dk) LH/CG (dkLH) (FSH/LH ratio ten times higher for eLH than for dkLH); this FSH activity absolutely requires an ..
- Between reasoningRobin Hörnig
University of Potsdam, Allgemeine Psychologie I, Potsdam, Germany
Q J Exp Psychol (Hove) 59:1805-25. 2006..to the left of [the frog]relatum_expression; [the snake]referent_expressionis between [the donkey and the deer]relatum_expression)...
- Dipole-dipole interaction stabilizes the transition state of apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease--abasic site interactionSanjay Adhikari
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3800 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, D C 20057, USA
J Biol Chem 283:1334-9. 2008..Analysis of kinetic parameters reveals small enthalpy of activation for association, DeltaH degrees++(ass) (-17 kJ/mol), and activation energy for association (E(a), -14 kJ/mol) when compared with the enthalpy of ..
- Autoerythrocyte sensitization syndrome (Gardner-Diamond syndrome) associated with cutaneous vasculitisDondu Cansu
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Medical Faculty, Vişnelik M Alifuat Güven C Akasya S 11 11, Eskisehir 26480, Turkey
Joint Bone Spine 75:721-4. 2008Autoerythrocyte sensitization syndrome (ASS) (Gardner-Diamond syndrome) is characterized by painful ecchymotic lesions affecting mostly women with emotional stress...
- Invited review: Proteomics of milk and bacteria used in fermented dairy products: from qualitative to quantitative advancesV Gagnaire
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 1253, Sciences et Technologie du Lait et de l Oeuf, Rennes, France
J Dairy Sci 92:811-25. 2009..Proteomic approaches have also been applied to milk of other species such as donkey, horse, and marsupial...
- Real-time molecular recognition between protein and photosensitizer of photodynamic therapy by quartz crystal microbalance sensorYu Yang
Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, Key Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Anal Biochem 392:22-7. 2009..The kinetic rate constants (k(ass) and k(diss)) and the equilibrium association constant (K(A)) for p-THPP-Hb interaction were calculated by linear ..
- Sexual behavior and ejaculate characteristics in Pêga donkeys (Equus asinus) mounting estrous horse mares (Equus caballus)I F Canisso
Equid Breeding Center, Department of Animal Science, Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Theriogenology 73:56-63. 2010The objectives were to (i) characterize sexual behavior of donkey stallions (jacks; Equus asinus) during on-farm semen collection using estrous horse mares (mares; Equus caballus); (ii) compare behavior of young (less experienced) versus ..
- Sequence determination of alphas1-casein isoforms from donkey by mass spectrometric methodsVincenzo Cunsolo
Department of Chemical Science, University of Catania, Viale A Doria 6, I 95125 Catania, Italy
J Mass Spectrom 44:1742-53. 2009..in the dephosphorylated casein fraction of a milk sample collected at middle lactation stage from an individual donkey belonging to the Ragusano breed...
- Demographics, management and health of donkeys in the UKR Cox
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Leahurst, Chester High Road, Neston, Cheshire CH64 7TE
Vet Rec 166:552-6. 2010In this paper, the management and health problems of donkeys on loan to independent carers from The Donkey Sanctuary are characterised, and the demographics of the UK's donkey population are described using data from a variety of sources...
- Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and dibenzofuran contents in fish and sediment near a pentachlorophenol contaminated siteHwang J Chang
Department of Environmental Engineering, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 45:923-31. 2010..in sediment and fish of aqua farms close to a contaminated site of a pentachlorophenol production plant (CPDC-ASS) were investigated. The total PCDD/F I-TEQ level in sediment and fish ranged from 0.725 to 87.9 ng I-TEQ kg(-1)d.w...
- Synthesis and biological activities of transition metal complexes based on acetylsalicylic acid as neo-anticancer agentsGerhard Rubner
Institute of Pharmacy, Freie Universität Berlin, Königin Luise Strasse 2 4, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Med Chem 53:6889-98. 20104)-η(2))-(Prop-2-ynyl)-2-acetoxybenzoate]dicobalthexacarbonyl (Co-ASS), a derivative of aspirin (ASS), demonstrated high growth-inhibitory potential against various tumor cells with interference in the arachidonic acid cascade as ..
- Genomic comparison between attenuated Chinese equine infectious anemia virus vaccine strains and their parental virulent strainsXuefeng Wang
Division of Large Animal Infectious Diseases, Stated key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Harbin, People s Republic of China
Arch Virol 156:353-7. 2011..strains were generated during the attenuation of the EIAV vaccine: the original Liao-Ning strain (EIAV(LN40)), a donkey-adapted virulent strain (EIAV(DV117)), a donkey-leukocyte-attenuated vaccine strain (EIAV(DLV121)), and a fetal ..
- Molecular and serological detection of Theileria equi and Babesia caballi in donkeys (Equus asinus) in BrazilR Z Machado
Laboratorio de Imunoparasitologia, Departamento de Patologia Veterinária, Faculdade de Ciências Agrárias e Veterinárias Unesp Jaboticabal, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 186:461-5. 2012..EDTA-blood and serum samples were collected from 88 donkeys (Equus asinus). From 88 sampled donkeys, 65 (73.86%; 95% confidence interval, PI=63.41, 82.65) and 82 (93...
- Splicing analysis of unclassified variants in COL2A1 and COL11A1 identifies deep intronic pathogenic mutationsAllan J Richards
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 20:552-8. 2012..of the splice sites, intronic variants outside the AG and GT dinucleotides of the acceptor and donor splice sites (ASS and DSS) are most often classified as being of unknown clinical significance, unless there is some functional ..
- Donkey-assisted rehabilitation program for children: a pilot studyPaola de Rose
Istituto San Giovanni di Dio, Ospedale Fatebenefratelli, Genzano di Roma, Rome, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 47:391-6. 2011..The methodological approach of donkey-assisted programs is based on mediation, which is characterized by multidirectional relationships (patient-donkey-..
- Elevated IL-1α and CXCL10 serum levels occur in patients with homozygous sickle cell disease and a history of acute splenic sequestrationAdel Driss
Department of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Immunology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Dis Markers 32:295-300. 2012Acute splenic sequestration (ASS) and chronic hypersplenism are common features of homozygous sickle cell (SS) disease in the first 5 years of life affecting one-third of subjects in the Jamaican Cohort Study...
- Heteropolytopic Arsanylarylthiolato Ligands: Cis-Trans Isomerism of Nickel(II), Palladium(II), and Platinum(II) Complexes of 1-AsPh(2)-2-SHC(6)H(4)Alexandra Hildebrand
Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Babes Bolyai University, Kogalniceanu 1, RO 400084 Cluj Napoca, Romania
Inorg Chem 51:7125-33. 2012Heteropolytopic arsanylthiolato ligands 1-AsPh(2)-2-SHC(6)H(4) (AsSH), PhAs(2-SHC(6)H(4))(2) (AsS(2)H(2)), and As(2-SHC(6)H(4))(3) (AsS(3)H(3)) have been prepared by lithiation-electrophilic substitution procedures...
- Primary cilia in the basal cells of equine epididymis: a serendipitous findingSilvana Arrighi
Department of Health, Animal Science and Food Safety, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Tissue Cell 45:140-4. 2013..Primary cilia were detected in epididymal basal cells of all individuals of the equines studied - horses, donkey and mules - independently from age and tract of the duct, emerging from the basal cell surface and insinuating ..
- Short-lived corpora lutea syndrome in anoestrous ewes following 17β-oestradiol or MAP treatments applied before an allogenic sexual stimulation with rams and oestrous ewesR M Rodríguez Iglesias
Departamento de Agronomia, Universidad Nacional del Sur, B8000 Bahía Blanca, Argentina
Anim Reprod Sci 136:268-79. 2013..of which developed SLCL), but did not affect the incidence of SLCL (26/53) after an allogenic sexual stimulation (ASS) by rams and oestrous ewes...
- Antitumour effects of pentapeptide derived from donkey serum albumin both in vitro and in vivoHao Li
College of Biological Science and Technology, Fuzhou University, Fuzhou, Fujian 350108, China
Life Sci 92:883-9. 2013Antitumour effects of pentapeptide (LH) derived from donkey serum albumin hydrolysates were tested against tumour cells both in vitro and in vivo. The mechanism of LH induced tumour cell apoptosis was investigated.
- Field efficacy of eprinomectin against the sucking louse Haematopinus asini on naturally infested donkeysVincenzo Veneziano
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Production, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Vet J 197:512-4. 2013..counts were performed on days -1, 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49 and 56 at seven predilection sites on the skin of each donkey. EPR was completely effective (100%) from day 7, until the end of the study...
- Evidence for natural Borna disease virus infection in healthy domestic animals in three areas of western ChinaLiang Zhang
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, No 1 Youyi Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, 400016, People s Republic of China
Arch Virol 159:1941-9. 2014..study, BDV RNA and antibodies in 2353 blood samples from apparently healthy animals of eight species (horse, donkey, dog, pig, rabbit, cattle, goat, sheep) from three areas in western China (Xinjiang province, Chongqing ..
- CD30 expression in malignant vascular tumors and its diagnostic and clinical implications: a study of 146 casesMeghna Alimchandani
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 22:358-62. 2014..the expression of CD30 is most commonly associated with lymphoid malignancies or germ cell tumors, occasional ASs have been reported as CD30 positive...
- Combined alphavirus replicon particle vaccine induces durable and cross-protective immune responses against equine encephalitis virusesDouglas S Reed
Center for Aerobiological Sciences, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Maryland, USA
J Virol 88:12077-86. 2014..in macaques and demonstrated good protection against aerosol challenge with an epizootic VEEV-IAB virus, Trinidad donkey. Similarly, the EEEV replicon and V/W/E combination vaccine elicited neutralizing antibodies against EEEV and ..
- Genetic diversity of donkey populations from the putative centers of domesticationS Rosenbom
CIBIO Research Centre for Biodiversity and Genetic Resources, Campus Agrário de Vairão, R Padre Armando Quintas 7, Vairao, Portugal
Anim Genet 46:30-6. 2015..Genetic studies based on mtDNA have pointed to the African wild ass as the most probable ancestor of the domestic donkey, but questions regarding its center of origin remain ..
- Reassessing the evolutionary history of ass-like equids: insights from patterns of genetic variation in contemporary extant populationsSónia Rosenbom
Research Centre for Biodiversity and Genetic Resources CIBIO, InBIO, Universidade do Porto, Campus Agrário de Vairão, R Padre Armando Quintas 7, Vairão 4485 661, Portugal
Mol Phylogenet Evol 85:88-96. 2015All extant equid species are grouped in a single genus - Equus. Among those, ass-like equids have remained particularly unstudied and their phylogenetic relations were poorly understood, most probably because they inhabit extreme ..
- Successful Treatment of Life-Threatening Interstitial Lung Disease Secondary to Antisynthetase Syndrome Using Rituximab: A Case Report and Review of the LiteratureOsama Dasa
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH
Am J Ther 23:e639-45. 2016We are presenting a case of antisynthetase syndrome (ASS) that manifested with severe interstitial pneumonitis in the presence of anti-Jo-1 and Ro (SSA) antibodies...
- The Mirror Has Two Faces: Contradictory Reflections of Donkeys in Western Literature from Lucius to BalthazarJill Bough
School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Ourimbah Campus, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW 2258, Australia
Animals (Basel) 1:56-68. 2010How we represent animals both reflects our attitudes towards them and affects our treatment of them. The donkey has lived alongside humans, bearing their burdens since the time of their domestication over 10,000 years ago...
- Residual and ovicidal efficacy of essential oil-based formulations in vitro against the donkey chewing louse Bovicola ocellatusB Sands
Veterinary Parasitology and Ecology Group, University of Bristol, Bristol, U K
Med Vet Entomol 30:78-84. 2016..w/v) polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)], with or without 10% coconut oil, were tested in contact bioassays against the donkey chewing louse Bovicola ocellatus (Piaget) (Phthiraptera: Trichodectidae)...
- Main-Chain and Side-Chain Sequence-Regulated Vinyl Copolymers by Iterative Atom Transfer Radical Additions and 1:1 or 2:1 Alternating Radical CopolymerizationTakamasa Soejima
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8603, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 138:944-54. 2016..into a series of maleimide (M)-ended oligomonomers with different monomer compositions and sequences (M-SSS, M-ASS, M-SAS, M-AAS, M-SSA, M-ASA, M-SAA, M-AAA) by a substitution reaction of the halide with furan-protected maleimide ..
- L-Canavanine potentiates the cytotoxicity of doxorubicin and cisplatin in arginine deprived human cancer cellsAgustina Dr Nurcahyanti
Institute of Pharmacy and Molecular Biotechnology, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany
Peerj 4:e1542. 2016..The following cancer cells were employed: HeLa and Caco-2 cells, overexpressing argininosuccinate synthase (ASS), pancreatic cells (MIA PaCa-2 and BxPC-3) and hepatocellular carcinoma cells (Hep G2 and SK-HEP-1), with down-..
- Effects of artificial sweeteners on metal bioconcentration and toxicity on a green algae Scenedesmus obliquusHongwei Hu
MOE Key Laboratory of Pollution Processes and Environmental Criteria, College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Chemosphere 150:285-93. 2016..Cd(2+) and Cu(2+) on a green algae Scenedesmus obliquus were examined in the presence of two artificial sweeteners (ASs), acesulfame (ACE) and sucralose (SUC) by comparing the cell specific growth rate μ and pulse-amplitude-modulated (..
- Mitochondrial DNA analyses revealed low genetic diversity in the endangered Indian wild ass Equus hemionus khurDevendra Khaire
a Department of Zoology, Laboratory of Molecular and Conservation Genetics, Govt Vidarbha Institute of Science and Humanities, Amravati, India
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal . 2016The Indian wild ass Equus hemionus khur, belonging to ass-like equid branch, inhabits the dry and arid desert of the Little Rann of Kutch, Gujarat. The E. h. khur is the sole survivor of Asiatic wild ass species/subspecies in South Asia...
- Intra-articular osteoid osteoma in the proximal tibia and its imaging characteristicsMatthias Krause
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Asklepios Clinic St Georg, Lohmühlenstr 5, 20099, Hamburg, Germany Department of Osteology and Biomechanics, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Lottestr 52, 22529 Hamburg, Germany Electronic address
Knee 23:915-9. 2016..Subsequent computer tomography (CT) scanning and successful test medication with salicylates (ASS) confirmed iaOO presentation...
- Dermatophytosis in donkeys (Equus asinus) due to Microsporum racemosum, an unusual geophilic agentSimona Nardoni
Dipartimento di Scienze Veterinarie, Universita di Pisa, Viale delle Piagge, 2, I 56124 Pisa, Italy
Med Mycol Case Rep 12:8-10. 2016..Affected animals healed spontaneously. The present record reports for the first time the occurrence of ringworm due to M. racemosum in naturally infected animals. ..
- Osteopetrosis in a neonatal donkeyA J Williamson
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust Vet J 94:358-61. 2016..This report describes osteopetrosis in a neonatal donkey that suffered a displaced tibial fracture...
- Determining argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) expression in patients with melanoma treated with arginine depleting therapyV Dinh
University of Miami, Miami, FL VA Medical Center, Miami, FL University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
J Clin Oncol 29:10627. 2011..ADI-PEG20 (Polaris Pharmaceuticals), we found that response to therapy correlated with tumor expression of enzyme, ASS. Normal cells which possess ASS can recycle citrulline to arginine and hence evade cell death, whereas melanoma ..
- Antimicrobial resistant Escherichia coli and Enterococcus spp. isolated from Miranda Donkey (Equus asinus): an old problem from a new source with a different approachIsabel Carvalho
1University of Trás os Montes and Alto Douro, Vila Real, Portugal
J Med Microbiol . 2017The Miranda Donkey (Equus asinus) is an endangered asinine from Miranda do Douro region, located in North East of Portugal. We study the antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and virulence genes in Escherichia coli and Enterococcus spp...
- Therapy of Sneddon syndromeAgnes Floel
Department of Neurology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Eur Neurol 48:126-32. 2002..However, when we intensified antiplatelet therapy by combining clopidogrel and ASS, a slowing of disease progression, as assessed by neuropsychological testing and magnetic resonance imaging, was ..
- Serological evidence of West Nile Virus (WNV) in mammalian species in TurkeyA Ozkul
Ankara University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Virology, Diskapi, Ankara, Turkey
Epidemiol Infect 134:826-9. 2006In this study, the sera collected from a variety of mammalian species (ass-mules, cat, cattle, dog, horse, human and sheep) in 10 representative provinces of Turkey, were surveyed for the presence of neutralizing antibodies to West Nile ..
- Saving feral horse populations: does it really matter? A case study of wild horses from Doñana National Park in southern SpainJ L Vega-Pla
Laboratorio de Genetica Molecular, Servicio de Cría Caballar y Remonta, Apartado Oficial Sucursal 2, 14071 Cordoba, Spain
Anim Genet 37:571-8. 2006..In fact, the Retuertas population was positioned at the base of the trees, which were rooted using donkey samples...
- ASS, NOS2, AND ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASENatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have identified argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) as up-regulated by chronic alcohol feeding...
- Novel diagnostic and safety biomarkers of liver injury and hepatotoxicityStanislav I Svetlov; Fiscal Year: 2010..several novel liver-specific biomarkers in rat models of hepatic injury with the argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) and hepatic estrogen sulfotransferases (EST-1) being the most sensitive markers which rapidly accumulated in blood ..
- Recombinant hepatic argininosuccinate synthase (rASS) for treatment of sepsis/endStanislav I Svetlov; Fiscal Year: 2012..in response to hepatotoxins including LPS, we found that an enzyme of urea cycle, argininosuccinate synthase (ASS), is a highly sensitive marker and is released in large amounts in blood within 30 minutes after treatment with LPS/..
- HEPATOCYTE GENE THERAPY FOR CITRULLINEMIABrendan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2000..Citrullinemia, an autosomal recessive enzymatic deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), is representative of the group of urea cycle defects...
- Biomarker for liver ischemia/reperfusion-induced injuryMONIKA OLI; Fiscal Year: 2006..biomarker candidate discovered to date is an enzyme of urea/nitric oxide cycle argininosuccinate synthase (ASS)...
- Arginine Deprivation: A targeted therapy for MelanomaLynn Feun; Fiscal Year: 2006..is primarily due to the fact that melanoma cells, unlike normal cells, do not express argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and hence are unable to synthesize arginine...
- ROBERT JOSEPH SHMOOKLER REIS; Fiscal Year: 2016..elegans models of Alzheimer's, initiated or seeded by neuron-specific tau and Ass transgenes...
- Molecular Basis of mu-Opioid Receptor Gene RegulationJane Ko; Fiscal Year: 2009..Several cis-elements have been identified, including the ds and ass cis-elements, in the proximal promoter region...
- Lisa Mosconi; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our first aim will be to examine whether NL FHm show reduced CMRglc, increased Ass deposition and increased oxidative stress vs FH- and FHp, and whether the changes in these variables are related...
- WGA as a Novel Vehicle for Intranasal Delivery of an Anti-A-beta Antibody in ADNeelima B Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Passive immunization by intravenous injection of Ass monoclonal antibodies (mAb) has shown promising results such as lowering of cerebral Ass and stabilization or ..
- William Z Suo; Fiscal Year: 2015..GRK5 deficiency also exaggerates Ass accumulation and gliosis...
- Cyclohexanehexol Therapy in Transgenic Models of Alzheimer's DiseaseAlpaslan Dedeoglu; Fiscal Year: 2013Project Summary/Abstract Senile plaques that contain beta amyloid (Ass) and neurofibrillary tangles (NFT) with phosphorylated tau are the pathological hallmarks of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Fyn Inhibition by AZD0530 for Alzheimers DiseaseChristopher H van Dyck; Fiscal Year: 2013..Multiple studies implicate Fyn kinase in the synaptic pathophysiology of AD, with links to both Ass and Tau pathology...
- Neelima Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2014..However, Insulin is likely to produce hypoglycemia and elevate Ass due to its competition with insulin degrading enzyme (IDE) that degrades both insulin and Ass...
- Stephen M Strittmatter; Fiscal Year: 2015..The hypothesis that the Amyloid beta (Ass) peptide plays an early causative role is supported by pathology, by human genetics and by biomarker studies...
- Development of a HTS assay for modulators of presenilin 1 conformationOksana Berezovska; Fiscal Year: 2010..The final enzymatic step in generating Ass via cleavage of the amyloid precursor protein (APP) is performed by the presenilin 1 (PS1) dependent ?-secretase ..
- The amyloid cascade in a novel mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseCarol Anne Colton; Fiscal Year: 2013..producing these pathological changes remain unknown, the amyloid cascade hypothesis states that the peptides (Ass) that make up amyloid deposits are the cause of the disease process...
- Charles G Glabe; Fiscal Year: 2014..of amyloid deposits accumulate in disease brain and current evidence suggests that soluble, oligomeric forms of Ass may play primary role in pathogenesis...
- Dennis J Selkoe; Fiscal Year: 2016..APP mutations or duplications cause rare but mechanistically important forms of AD, and its Ass product accumulates in all AD patients...
- Transmission-blocking vaccine for HIV-1Robert C Rose; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since other amyloid fibrils (Ass) have adjuvant-like immunostimulatory properties, we will also test whether these mutated fibrils elicit the ..
- Testing cell autonomy of AD phenotypes using human IPS cellsLawrence S Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..the major hypothesis for AD initiation and progression is the amyloid cascade hypothesis, which proposes that Ass peptide fragments of human APP are necessary and sufficient to initiate and to drive all downstream pathologies ..
- Pluripotent stem cell models of sporadic Alzheimer's DiseaseLawrence S Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..similar to that seen in cells carrying FAD mutations or as predicted by mechanistic models of SAD such as the Ass hypothesis...
- Angela R Subauste; Fiscal Year: 2014..At the completion of these studies we will have defined the faulty lipid signal present in obese insulin-resistant individuals. ..
- Steven M Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Deposition of ss-amyloid (Ass) in the cerebral vessels (cerebral amyloid angiopathy or CAA) is a major cause of hemorrhagic stroke, a contributor to vascular cognitive impairment, and a complicating ..
- Genomic Search for Susceptibility to Alzheimer DiseaseAlison M Goate; Fiscal Year: 2010..early onset AD have demonstrated that mutations in three genes cause AD via a common biochemical pathway involving Ass metabolism...
- Uptake of STAR: Increasing Qualified Staff to improve care of older adults in AssLinda Teri; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed project is a partnership between university researchers and a community organization to translate STAR for broader, national use. ..
- Pathological Influence of Vasculotropic Mutant Amyloid-BetaWilliam E Van Nostrand; Fiscal Year: 2011..peptides in brain and develop abundant amyloid pathology or 2) low, physiological levels of human wild-type Ass peptides in brain with no amyloid pathology...
- DOUGLAS HAMILTON SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2016..risk of developing Alzheimer's disease (AD), and TBI can induce the rapid formation of amyloid-ss (Ass) plaques, a hallmark pathology of AD...
- William E Van Nostrand; Fiscal Year: 2014Abnormal accumulation, assembly and deposition of the amyloid ss-protein (Ass) is a prominent pathological feature of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and related disorders...
- Mouse Model of Myelin Basic Protein-Amyloid Beta Interactions in BrainWilliam E Van Nostrand; Fiscal Year: 2012Accumulation of the amyloid ss-protein (Ass) in brain, either as parenchymal plaques or cerebrovascular deposits, is a key pathological feature of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and several related disorders...
- Mouse Model of Myelin Basic Protein-Amyloid Beta Interactions in BrainWilliam E Van Nostrand; Fiscal Year: 2013Accumulation of the amyloid ss-protein (Ass) in brain, either as parenchymal plaques or cerebrovascular deposits, is a key pathological feature of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and several related disorders...
- Keith A Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The deposition of amyloid-beta (Ass) deposition is thought to begin many years prior to the onset of clinical Alzheimer's disease, but until recently it was not possible to track the ..
- AFFERENT MECHANISMS UNDERLYING BLADDER PAINWILLIAM DEGROAT; Fiscal Year: 2009..Associate Alyssa Hawranko Naoki Yoshimura " " Res. Ass. Prof. Kyu-Sung Lee " " Res. Associate Yao-Chi Chuang " " Visiting Ass. Prof. Jon Beckel " " Res...
- Pathologic Interactions of Amyloid Beta-ProteinWilliam E Van Nostrand; Fiscal Year: 2011Abnormal accumulation and deposition of the amyloid ss-protein (Ass), a prominent pathological feature of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and related disorders, can occur from increased production but in most cases is likely ..
- Intranasal Delivery of Peptide Drugs to the BrainNazneen N Dewji; Fiscal Year: 2012..The pathological hallmarks of the disease include the formation and accumulation in the brain of ss-amyloid (Ass), widely recognized to be the major neurotoxic agent in AD...
- IMPAIRED TUMOR IMMUNITY DURING H PYLORI INFECTIONVICTOR REYES; Fiscal Year: 2003..class II MHC expression increased in parallel with the rise of local CD4+ T cell numbers and epithelial c;ass II MHC expression during infection with H. pylori...
- Inhibitors of Human Pal mitoyl AcyltransferaseCHARLES DUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..compounds that inhibit hPAT activity by screening a diverse collection of small molecules in an established ass ay and a high-throughput yeast-based assay. 2...
- Beta-cell Granule Protein Profile by Split Reporter Ass*Regina Kuliawat; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CENTROSOME MATURATION IN VITRORobert Palazzo; Fiscal Year: 2007Centrosomes are unique subcellular organelles involved in the organization of cytoarchitecture from yeast to man. Ass microtubule organizing centers (MTOCs), centrosomes are directly or indirectly involved in numerous fundamental cell ..
- NEUROTROPHIN GENE REGULATION IN THE INNER EARNeil Segil; Fiscal Year: 2000..However, difficulties associated with the introduction of foreign DNA (transfection) into post-mitotic cells such ass the hair cells, support cells, and the sensory neurons of the inner ear have so far precluded a detailed analysis ..
- GORDON WILLIAM LAURIE; Fiscal Year: 2016..from 21 different companies, and after graduation are now employed in industry (11), academia (7;including 3 Ass't Professors) or government (3). Two are completing med school...
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MEDICAL PHYSICSHARACIO FARACH; Fiscal Year: 1990..A Round Table of the Third World Ass. of Medical Physics (TWAMP) will also be organized and held at the end of the conference.
- Multimedia Teacher Training For Community BuildingD Vernon; Fiscal Year: 2005..packages on student knowledge of key concepts related to building a learning community as well ass student performance of skills taught in the program. Social validity of the program will also be assessed...
- Recombinant Adenoviral Vector with Encoded TLR3 Ligand for Protection Against VEESean Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2009..the ability of the expressed TLR3 ligand vector with E2E36K antigen to protect against virulent Trinidad Donkey strain VEE and other more heterologous strains...
- REGULATION OF MHC GENES IN TROPHOBLASTDOUGLAS ANTCZAK; Fiscal Year: 1999..our laboratories have between them the capacity to produce inter-species mule pregnancies and fully xenogeneic donkey-in-horse pregnancies by embryo transfer...
- VIRUS PHOTOINACTIVATION--DIMETHYLMETHYLENE BLUE IN RBCStephen Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Structural Basis of Serpin Function and RegulationSteven Olson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will utilize mutagenesis, fluorescence, NMR and X-ray crystallography and thermodynamic and kinetic approaches to characterize serpin-protease and serpin-ligand interactions. ..
- ASSAY TO DETECT ACUTE ACTIVE LYME DISEASESteven Schutzer; Fiscal Year: 2005..It can also detect infection early than free antibody assays. Therefore this assay can fulfill a great need in Lyme disease diagnosis and has high market potential. ..
- Detection of Virulent Burkholderia malleiSteven Schutzer; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Phase 2 we will also develop the immuno-based assays. ..
- Genomic Instability and Evolution of Drug ResistanceMACUS KUO; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate from these studies to gain important insights into the function of FSA in the regulation of cell growth and differentiation in normal and malignant epithelial cells. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF BLOOD COAGULATION REGULATIONSteven Olson; Fiscal Year: 2009..This understanding is expected to facilitate the rational design of a new generation of anticoagulant and antitumor drugs for the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular diseases and cancer. ..
- Towards and Earlier Diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease: Expanding the DiagnosisRanjan Duara; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Complete Proteome of Cerebrospinal FluidSteven Schutzer; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Redox Regulation of Multidrug Resistance Gene ExpressionMACUS KUO; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hope from these studies to learn the molecular bases of redox conditions that affect drug sensitivity through the regulation of their respective drug resistance gene expression. ..
- Comparative Functional Genomics of Longevity AssuranceSimon Melov; Fiscal Year: 2006..In years four and five we will apply the functional genomic approach defined above, as well as statistical methods refined during the first three years, to the analysis of mouse RI lines with differential lifespans. ..
- Targeted Prodrug Therapy of Liver CancersMACUS KUO; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Proteomics of Cerebrospinal Fluid in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJames Baraniuk; Fiscal Year: 2009..These methods and biomarkers may be of diagnostic value. They will be useful for assessing longitudinal changes in disease severity, phenotype, or the effects of treatment. ..
- A Beta Vaccination: Mechanisms and Therapautic ImpactLennart Mucke; Fiscal Year: 2005..Lastly, the proposed project will shed light on the roles of microglia in the pathogenesis of AD-related neuronal deficits. These goals and perspectives are congruent with those of RFA AG-01-003. ..
- FUNCTIONAL STUDIES OF OSTEOBLASTSCAROL GAY; Fiscal Year: 2005..g. mutations) in NCX can be predicted to result in an undermineralized skeleton. These studies will disclose novel mechanisms by which bone forming cells carry out mineralization of the extracellular matrix. ..
- MITOCHONDRIAL OXIDATIVE STRESS AND NEURODEGENERATIONSimon Melov; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- REGULATION OF MDR GENE EXPRESSION IN LIVER CANCERSMACUS KUO; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hope from this research, which includes in vitro cell culture and in vivo animal and tumor models, to gain important molecular insights into the genetic resolution of drug resistance and hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- PRESENILIN ENDOPROTEASE & GAMMA-SECRETASE ACTIVITYWeiming Xia; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Assay to detect early neurologic Lyme diseaseSteven Schutzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..BbIC Ab and Ag will be identified. Focus will be towards on specific and in vivo expressed Bb Ags. Results will be statistically analyzed. Phase 2 will be designed for broadscale usage and refinement. ..
- Sequestration and immobilization of metal and metalloid contaminants in sedimentsPEGGY O DAY; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Method for the detection and/or identification of the original animal species in animal matter contained in a samplePatent Number: WO03057913-A2; Date:2003-07-17
- A KIT FOR DETECTION OF DONKEY MEAT IN MEAT PRODUCTSPatent Number: WO2012011085-A2; Date:2012-01-26
- Method for the detection and/or identification of the original animal species in animal matter contained in a samplePatent Number: JP2005514037-A; Date:2005-05-19
- Universal Primers for Wildlife IdentificationPatent Number: JP2004533819-A; Date:2004-11-11