Genomes and Genes
- Dong D, Lei M, Hua P, Pan Y, Mu S, Zheng G, et al. The Genomes of Two Bat Species with Long Constant Frequency Echolocation Calls. Mol Biol Evol. 2017;34:20-34 pubmed publisher..two rhinolophoid bats-the great leaf-nosed bat (Hipposideros armiger) and the Chinese rufous horseshoe bat (Rhinolophus sinicus)...
- Lau S, Ahmed S, Yeung H, Li K, Fan R, Cheng T, et al. Identification and interspecies transmission of a novel bocaparvovirus among different bat species in China. J Gen Virol. 2016;97:3345-3358 pubmed publisher..BtBoV showed a higher detection rate in alimentary samples of Rhinolophus sinicus (5.7?%) than those of other bat species (0.43-1.59?%), supporting R...
- Lau S, Ahmed S, Tsoi H, Yeung H, Li K, Fan R, et al. Bats host diverse parvoviruses as possible origin of mammalian dependoparvoviruses and source for bat-swine interspecies transmission. J Gen Virol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..four novel bat bocaparvovirus species (Rp-BtBoV1 and Rp-BtBoV2 from Rhinolophus pusillus, Rs-BtBoV2 from Rhinolophus sinicus and Rol-BtBoV1 from Rousettus leschenaultii) and two novel bat dependoparvovirus species (Rp-BtAAV1 from ..
- Li J, Zhang G, Cheng D, Ren H, Qian M, Du B. Molecular characterization of RIG-I, STAT-1 and IFN-beta in the horseshoe bat. Gene. 2015;561:115-23 pubmed publisher..the sequence of RIG-I, STAT-1 and IFN-Î² in the immortalized cell lines from Rhinolophus affinis and Rhinolophus sinicus. Then, we treated different bat cells, mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEF) and splenocytes with polyinosinic-..
- Shen Y, Liu J, Irwin D, Zhang Y. Parallel and convergent evolution of the dim-light vision gene RH1 in bats (Order: Chiroptera). PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8838 pubmed publisher..e., various photic environments) during adaptation for the nocturnal lifestyle, and suggest that further attention is needed on the study of the ecology and behavior of bats...
- Ai W, Chen S, Chen X, Shen X, Shen Y. Parallel evolution of IDH2 gene in cetaceans, primates and bats. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:450-4 pubmed publisher..We found significant signals of parallel evolution in this gene among these three groups. Parallel evolution of this gene may reflect their parallel evolution towards a higher demand for energy. ..
- Ge X, Li J, Yang X, Chmura A, Zhu G, Epstein J, et al. Isolation and characterization of a bat SARS-like coronavirus that uses the ACE2 receptor. Nature. 2013;503:535-8 pubmed publisher..They also highlight the importance of pathogen-discovery programs targeting high-risk wildlife groups in emerging disease hotspots as a strategy for pandemic preparedness...
- Hou Y, Peng C, Yu M, Li Y, Han Z, Li F, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) proteins of different bat species confer variable susceptibility to SARS-CoV entry. Arch Virol. 2010;155:1563-9 pubmed publisher..The results show that ACE2s of Myotis daubentoni and Rhinolophus sinicus support viral entry mediated by the SARS-CoV S protein, albeit with different efficiency in comparison to ..