Genomes and Genes
- Liu S, Sun K, Jiang T, Feng J. Natural epigenetic variation in bats and its role in evolution. J Exp Biol. 2015;218:100-6 pubmed publisher..explored the natural epigenetic diversity and structure of female populations of the great roundleaf bat (Hipposideros armiger), the least horseshoe bat (Rhinolophus pusillus) and the eastern bent-winged bat (Miniopterus fuliginosus) ..
- Tang J, Fu Z, Wei C, Chen Q. Effect of echolocation behavior-related constant frequency-frequency modulation sound on the frequency tuning of inferior collicular neurons in Hipposideros armiger. J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol. 2015;201:783-94 pubmed publisher..CF and CF-FM echolocation signals as acoustic stimuli, the responses of inferior collicular (IC) neurons of Hipposideros armiger were obtained by extracellular recordings...
- Schoeppler D, Schnitzler H, Denzinger A. Precise Doppler shift compensation in the hipposiderid bat, Hipposideros armiger. Sci Rep. 2018;8:4598 pubmed publisher..To investigate the precision of Doppler shift compensation in Hipposideros armiger, we recorded the echolocation and flight behaviour of bats flying to a grid, reconstructed the flight path, ..
- Han Y, Zheng G, Yang T, Zhang S, Dong D, Pan Y. Adaptation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha to hibernation in bats. BMC Evol Biol. 2015;15:88 pubmed publisher..to be increased at both mRNA and protein levels in distantly related bats (Rhinolophus ferrumequinum and Hipposideros armiger in Yinpterochiroptera and Myotis ricketti in Yangochiroptera) during their torpid episodes...
- Dong D, Lei M, Hua P, Pan Y, Mu S, Zheng G, et al. The Genomes of Two Bat Species with Long Constant Frequency Echolocation Calls. Mol Biol Evol. 2017;34:20-34 pubmed publisher..the whole-genome sequencing and de novo assembles of two rhinolophoid bats-the great leaf-nosed bat (Hipposideros armiger) and the Chinese rufous horseshoe bat (Rhinolophus sinicus)...
- Kemenesi G, Kurucz K, Zana B, Tu V, Görföl T, Estók P, et al. Highly divergent cyclo-like virus in a great roundleaf bat (Hipposideros armiger) in Vietnam. Arch Virol. 2017;162:2403-2407 pubmed publisher..report a distantly related member of the genus Cyclovirus detected in the faeces of a great roundleaf bat (Hipposideros armiger)...
- Zhu T, Yuan L, Jones G, Hua P, He G, Chen J, et al. OB-RL silencing inhibits the thermoregulatory ability of Great Roundleaf Bats (Hipposideros armiger). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2014;204:80-7 pubmed publisher..molecular marker, combining with the RNA interference technology and physiological/molecular analyses with Hipposideros armiger (a hibernating bat species) as an animal model, to explore the mechanism of Leptin in heterothermic ..
- Liu Y, He G, Xu H, Han X, Jones G, Rossiter S, et al. Adaptive functional diversification of lysozyme in insectivorous bats. Mol Biol Evol. 2014;31:2829-35 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the evolution of lysozymes in vespertilionid bats has likely been driven in part by natural selection for insectivory. ..
- Shen B, Fang T, Yang T, Jones G, Irwin D, Zhang S. Relaxed evolution in the tyrosine aminotransferase gene tat in old world fruit bats (Chiroptera: Pteropodidae). PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e97483 pubmed publisher..Our study provides unambiguous evidence that the Tat gene has undergone relaxed evolution in the Old World fruit bats in response to changes in their metabolism due to the evolution of their special diet. ..
- Wang Z, Dong D, Ru B, Young R, Han N, Guo T, et al. Digital gene expression tag profiling of bat digits provides robust candidates contributing to wing formation. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:619 pubmed publisher..results using real-time quantitative PCR (RT-qPCR) of gene expression in the developing digits of two Hipposideros armiger. ..
- Ai W, Chen S, Chen X, Shen X, Shen Y. Parallel evolution of IDH2 gene in cetaceans, primates and bats. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:450-4 pubmed publisher..We found significant signals of parallel evolution in this gene among these three groups. Parallel evolution of this gene may reflect their parallel evolution towards a higher demand for energy. ..
- Qian Y, Fang T, Shen B, Zhang S. The glycogen synthase 2 gene (Gys2) displays parallel evolution between Old World and New World fruit bats. J Mol Evol. 2014;78:66-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggested that the Gys2 gene has undergone parallel evolution on amino acid level between OWFBs and NWFBs in relation to their carbohydrate metabolism. ..
- Li G, Wang J, Rossiter S, Jones G, Zhang S. Accelerated FoxP2 evolution in echolocating bats. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e900 pubmed publisher..We speculate that observed accelerated evolution of FoxP2 in bats supports a previously proposed function in sensorimotor coordination...
- Wang Z, Yuan L, Rossiter S, Zuo X, Ru B, Zhong H, et al. Adaptive evolution of 5'HoxD genes in the origin and diversification of the cetacean flipper. Mol Biol Evol. 2009;26:613-22 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly implicate 5'HoxD genes in the modulation of digit number, web forming, and the high morphological diversity of the cetacean manus...
- Wang L, Li G, Wang J, Ye S, Jones G, Zhang S. Molecular cloning and evolutionary analysis of the GJA1 (connexin43) gene from bats (Chiroptera). Genet Res (Camb). 2009;91:101-9 pubmed publisher..Also, we suggested that GJA1 gene could be used as a good molecular marker to do the phylogenetic reconstruction. ..
- Cui J, Pan Y, Zhang Y, Jones G, Zhang S. Progressive pseudogenization: vitamin C synthesis and its loss in bats. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:1025-31 pubmed publisher..successful molecular cloning in one frugivorous bat (Rousettus leschenaultii) and one insectivorous bat (Hipposideros armiger) ascertains that no pseudogenization occurs in these species...