Genomes and Genes
Alias: Taenia saginata
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Foodborne and waterborne parasitesEdoardo Pozio
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immunomediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Acta Microbiol Pol 52:83-96. 2003..e., by cysts present in infected meat and by oocysts contaminating food and water. Eleven helminthic species (Taenia saginata, Taenia solium, Taenia asiatica, Trichinella spiralis, Tr. nativa, Tr. britovi, Tr. pseudospiralis, Tr...
- Isolation of a 14 kDa antigen from Taenia solium cyst fluid by HPLC and its evaluation in enzyme linked immunosorbent assay for diagnosis of porcine cysticercosisE Assana
Parasitology Laboratory, IMT UDS, P O Box 222, University of Dschang, Cameroon
Res Vet Sci 82:370-6. 2007..evaluated with serum samples from pigs that were naturally or experimentally infected with Taenia hydatigena, Taenia saginata asiatica, Fasciola hepatica, Trichinella spiralis, Metastrongylus apri, Trypanosoma congolense and Sarcoptes ..
- Taenia saginata metacestode antigenic fractions without affinity to concanavalin A are an important source of specific antigens for the diagnosis of human neurocysticercosisHeliana B Oliveira
Departamento de Imunologia, Microbiologia e Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, 38400 902 Uberlândia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:638-44. 2010b>Taenia saginata metacestode antigens have been constituted a useful alternative antigen for neurocysticercosis (NC) serodiagnosis, particularly due to an increasing difficulty to obtain Taenia solium homologous antigen...
- Complete sequence of the mitochondrial genome of Taenia saginata: comparison with T. solium and T. asiaticaHyeong Kyu Jeon
Department of Parasitology and Medical Research Institute, Chungbuk National University College of Medicine, Gaeshin dong, Chongju, Chungbuk 361 763, South Korea
Parasitol Int 56:243-6. 2007The complete sequence of the Taenia saginata mitochondrial genome was determined, and its organization and structure were compared to other human-tropic Taenia tapeworms for which complete mitochondrial sequence data were available...
- [Evaluation of parasitological laboratory results of a group of people older than 15 years of age in Kutahya]Cihangir Akdemir
Dumlupinar Universitesi, Sağlik Hizmetleri Eğitim Araştirma ve Uygulama Merkezi Hastanesi, Kutahya, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:37-40. 2007..30%, Iodamoeba butschlii 1.33%, Blastocystis hominis 1.04%, Endolimax nana 0.44%, Entamoeba coli 1.04%, Taenia saginata 0.44%, Trichostrongylus spp. 0.15%, Entamoeba coli + Blastocystis hominis 0...
- Use of a pre-selected epitope of cathepsin-L1 in a highly specific peptide-based immunoassay for the diagnosis of Fasciola hepatica infections in cattleJ B Cornelissen
DLO Institute for Animal Science and Health, Department of Immunology, Pathobiology and Epidemiology, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Int J Parasitol 29:685-96. 1999..Ostertagia ostertagi, Cooperia oncophora, Nematodirus helvetianus, Schistosoma mattheei, Ascaris suum, Taenia saginata or F. hepatica, respectively, and sera from parasite-naive calves...
- Vaccination against cestode parasites: anti-helminth vaccines that work and whyM W Lightowlers
The University of Melbourne, Veterinary Clinical Centre, VIC 3030, Werribee, Australia
Vet Parasitol 115:83-123. 2003Highly effective recombinant vaccines have been developed against the helminth parasites Taenia ovis, Taenia saginata and Echinococcus granulosus...
- Molecular cloning of genes encoding oncosphere proteins reveals conservation of modular protein structure in cestode antigensCharles Gauci
Molecular Parasitology Laboratory, The University of Melbourne, Princes Highway, Werribee, 3030, Vic, Australia
Mol Biochem Parasitol 127:193-8. 2003..Here molecular cloning is used to complete comparisons of Taenia solium, Taenia saginata, Taenia ovis, Echinococcus granulosus and Echinococcus multilocularis oncosphere antigens and genes...
- Challenges for control of taeniasis/cysticercosis in IndonesiaThomas Suroso
Directorate General Communicable Disease Control and Environmental Health, Ministry of Health, Indonesia
Parasitol Int 55:S161-5. 2006..Current surveys in Bali and Samosir District, North Sumatra during 2002-2005 revealed that Taenia saginata taeniasis has increased in incidence whereas T...
- Taeniasis/cysticercosis in Papua (Irian Jaya), IndonesiaSri S Margono
Department Research and Community Service, University of Indonesia
Parasitol Int 55:S143-8. 2006Reports showed that an important parasitic zoonotic disease caused by Taenia solium, Taenia saginata and Taenia asiatica is found endemic in several areas of Indonesia including Papua, Bali and North Sumatra...
- [Distribution of intestinal parasites in patients presenting at the environmental-food and medicine analysis laboratory of Sivas municipality during the years 1993-2006]Ahmet Duran Ataş
Yozgat Devlet Hastanesi, Mikrobiyoloji Laboratuvari, Yozgat, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 32:59-64. 2008..8%) Entamoeba coli, 27 (3.7%) Entamoeba histolytica/dispar, 91 (12.4%) Giardia intestinalis, 30 (4.1%) Taenia saginata, 13 (1.8%) Hymenolepis nana, 7 (1%) Ascaris lumbricoides, 2 (0.3%) Trichuris trichiura and 1 (0...
- Detection of Paragonimus heterotremus eggs in experimentally infected cats by a polymerase chain reaction-based methodPewpan M Intapan
Departmentsof Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
J Parasitol 91:195-8. 2005..spiralis, Fasciola gigantica, Echinostoma malayanum, Opisthorchis viverrini, Dirofilaria immitis, and Taenia saginata; exceptions were Paragonimus siamensis and Paragonimus westermani...
- Pig as a favorable animal for Taenia saginata asiatica infectionPing Chin Fan
Institute of Tropical Medicine, Department of Parasitology, National Yangming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 22:1-13. 2006The epidemiology of Taenia saginata in some parts of Asia is confusing, in that beef does not appear to be the source of infection. In some areas, beef is either not available or not eaten raw, whereas pork at times is eaten uncooked...
- DNA differential diagnosis of taeniasis and cysticercosis by multiplex PCRHiroshi Yamasaki
Department of Parasitology Animal Laboratory for Medical Research, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 42:548-53. 2004..multiplex PCR with cytochrome c oxidase subunit 1 gene yielded evident differential products unique for Taenia saginata and Taenia asiatica and for American/African and Asian genotypes of Taenia solium with molecular sizes of 827,..
- The Taenia saginata homologue of the major surface antigen of Echinococcus spp. is immunogenic and 97% identical to its Taenia solium homologueLuis Miguel Gonzalez
Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Ctra Majadahonda Pozuelo km 2, 2, 28220 Majadahonda Madrid, Spain
Parasitol Res 101:1541-9. 2007The TEG-Tsag gene of Taenia saginata is homologous to the genes expressing the two major surface antigens of Echinococcus spp. (EM10 and EG10)...
- Distribution of Taenia saginata cysticerci in tissues of experimentally infected cattleBrad Scandrett
Centre for Food borne and Animal Parasitology, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Saskatoon Laboratory, 116 Veterinary Road, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Vet Parasitol 164:223-31. 2009Bovine cysticercosis caused by Taenia saginata is a zoonotic disease warranting routine inspection measures for the postmortem detection of cysticerci (cysts) in beef destined for human consumption...
- Development of a biomolecular assay for postmortem diagnosis of Taenia saginata CysticercosisFrancesco Chiesa
Department of Animal Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Turin, da Vinci 44, Grugliasco TO, Italy
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:1171-5. 2010Bovine cysticercosis is caused by the larval stage of the human tapeworm Taenia saginata. According to European data on meat inspection, the prevalence ranges from 0.007% to 6...
- [Distribution of intestinal parasites detected in the Tokat public health laboratory during the period from January 2007 - December 2009]Ahmet Duran Ataş
Muş Alparslan Üniversitesi, Fen Edebiyat Fakultesi, Biyoloji Bolumu, MUS, Turkiye, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 34:161-5. 2010..8%) Entamoeba histolytica/dispar, 46 (2.5%) Entamoeba coli, 2 (0.1%) Hymenolepis nana, 16 (0.9%) Taenia saginata, 3 (0.2%) Ascaris lumbricoides, and 1 (0.05%) Trichuris trichiura...
- High prevalence of Haplorchis taichui, Phaneropsolus molenkampi, and other helminth infections among people in Khammouane province, Lao PDRJong Yil Chai
Department of Parasitology and Tropical Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, and Institute of Endemic Diseases, Seoul National University Medical Research Center, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 47:243-7. 2009..Trichuris trichiura, Enterobius vermicularis, and/or Taenia saginata) were found. The total number of helminth specimens collected was 20,907 (approximately 634 per person)...
- Separation of calcareous corpuscles from plerocercoids of Spirometra mansoni and their binding proteinsH J Yang
Department of Parasitology, Cheju National University, Medical School, Korea
Parasitol Res 86:781-2. 2000..to bind specifically in cystic fluid of Cysticercus cellulosae, as was a 40-kDa protein in crude extracts of Taenia saginata and a 27-kDa molecule in crude extracts of Paragonimus westermani and Clonorchis sinensis, respectively...
- Taenia solium and Taenia saginata: identification of sequence characterized amplified region (SCAR) markersAna Karina Kerche Dias
Department of Animal Health and Production, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Campus Araçatuba, Rua Clovis Pestana, 793, Jd D Amélia, Aracatuba, SP 16050 680, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 117:9-12. 2007..The two main parasites involved in the taeniasis-cysticercosis complex in Brazil are Taenia saginata and Taenia solium...
- NADH dehydrogenase subunit 1 and cytochrome c oxidase subunit I sequences compared for members of the genus Taenia (Cestoda)R B Gasser
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Int J Parasitol 29:1965-70. 1999..Taenia taeniaeformis, Taenia hydatigena, Taenia pisiformis, Taenia ovis, Taenia multiceps, Taenia serialis, Taenia saginata, Taenia solium and the Asian Taenia) were characterised by their mitochondrial NADH dehydrogenase subunit 1 ..
- In vitro oncosphere-killing assays to determine immunity to the larvae of Taenia pisiformis, Taenia ovis, Taenia saginata, and Taenia soliumCraig T Kyngdon
Veterinary Clinical Centre, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Hwy, Werribee, Victoria 3030, Australia
J Parasitol 92:273-81. 2006..assays for the quantification of host-protective serum antibodies against Taenia pisiformis, Taenia ovis, Taenia saginata, and Taenia solium in rabbits, sheep, cattle, and pigs, respectively. Activated oncospheres of T...
- Vaccines for prevention of cysticercosisM W Lightowlers
Molecular Parasitology Laboratory, Veterinary Clinical Centre, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Highway, Victoria 3030, Werribee, Australia
Acta Trop 87:129-35. 2003..effective vaccines have been developed against cysticercosis in sheep and cattle caused by Taenia ovis and Taenia saginata, respectively. This success has encouraged the adoption of a similar strategy for T. solium...
- [Prevalence of intestinal parasites among workers in food sector in Van region]Muhammet Güzel Kurtoğlu
Van Il Sağlik Müdürlüğü, Halk Sağliği Laboratuvari, Van, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:309-12. 2007..81% Enterobius vermicularis, 0.67% Hymenolepis nana, 0.40% Trichuris trichiura, 0.27% Taenia saginata, 4.87% Blastocystis hominis, 3.24% Entamoeba coli, 2.84% Giardia intestinalis, 2.02% Iodamoeba bütschlii, 0...
- Epidemiology of infections with intestinal parasites and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) among sugar-estate residents in EthiopiaA L Fontanet
Ethiopian Netherlands AIDS Research Project ENARP, Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute EHNRI, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 94:269-78. 2000..6%), hookworms (23.8%), Ascaris lumbricoides (22.2%), Trichuris trichiura (19.5%), S. stercoralis (13.0%), Taenia saginata (4.5%), Giardia lamblia (3.0%), and Enterobius vermicularis (1.3%)...
- [A retrospective analysis of the results of a seven-year parasitological examination of stools from Malatya State Hospital]Mehmet Koroglu
Malatya Devlet Hastanesi, Klinik Mikrobiyoloji, Malatya, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:201-4. 2007..9%) and Enterobius vermicularis (8.3%). Entamoeba histolytica/E. dispar (5.3%), Ascaris lumbricoides (3%), Taenia saginata (2.2%) and Hymenolepis nana (2%) were the other parasites detected in this study...
- Epidemiology and control prospects of foodborne parasitic zoonoses in the European UnionE Pozio
Community Reference Laboratory for Parasites, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Parassitologia 50:17-24. 2008..Toxoplasma gondii, Sarcocystis hominis, Sarcocystis suishominis, Diphyllobotrium latum, Taenia solium, Taenia saginata, Opisthorchis felineus, Anisakis spp., Pseudoterranova spp., Trichinella spp...
- Development and field evaluation of a new serological test for Taenia saginata cysticercosisOladele Ogunremi
Centre for Food borne and Animal Parasitology, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Saskatoon Laboratory, Saskatoon, Sask, Canada
Vet Parasitol 169:93-101. 2010Cattle infected with the tapeworm cyst, Taenia saginata metacestode (synonym: Cysticercus bovis) are a source of human infection if affected beef is eaten raw or undercooked...
- Taeniasis, cysticercosis and echinococcosis in ThailandJitra Waikagul
Department of Helminthology, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Parasitol Int 55:S175-80. 2006..8%). Taenia saginata was the dominant species. Cysticercosis in Thailand is somewhat under-reported/recorded...
- Alternative splicing and sequence diversity of transcripts from the oncosphere stage of Taenia solium with homology to the 45W antigen of Taenia ovisC G Gauci
Molecular Parasitology Laboratory, The University of Melbourne, Princes Highway, Werribee, VIC 3030, Australia
Mol Biochem Parasitol 112:173-81. 2001..These features are common to their T. ovis and Taenia saginata homologues...
- Studies on abnormality of metacestodes and adult worms of Taenia solium and Taenia saginata asiatica in rodents and pigsP C Fan
Institute and Department of Parasitology, National Yangming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 32:116-21. 2001Abnormalities are not uncommon in Taenia saginata and T. solium. After examining 328 mature proglottids from 2 adult worms from two experimentally infected hamsters, 13 (4...
- [Epidemiological retrospective survey intestinal parasitism in the Provincial Hospital Center (Kenitra, Morocco): review of 10 years (1996-2005)]Y El Guamri
Laboratoire de Biologie et Santé, Faculte des Sciences, Université Ibn Tofail, Kenitra
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 67:191-202. 2009..87%), followed by Trichuris trichiura (5.64%), Hymenolepis nana (2.68%), Enterobius vermicularis (2.08%), Taenia saginata (0.75%) and Stronyloides stercoralis (0.45%)...
- Further molecular discrimination of Spanish strains of Echinococcus granulosusL M Gonzalez
Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, 28220 Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Exp Parasitol 102:46-56. 2002..amplification fragments, previously reported, that allows species-specific discrimination between Taenia saginata, Taenia solium, and E. granulosus...
- Immunoelectrophoretic analyses of antigens shared by the vesicular fluid and cyst wall of Taenia crassiceps and Taenia saginata metacestodesB Kalinna
Fachbereich Biologie, , Marburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Parasitol Res 75:568-74. 1989..saginata metacestodes from heavily and moderately infected calves (n = 6) by ELISA, VF and CWE antigens of both Taenia species were found to be potent reagents; TsVF was the most sensitive antigen...
- [The distribution of patients with intestinal parasites presenting at the parasitology laboratory of the Mustafa Kemal University medical faculty]Gulnaz Culha
Mustafa Kemal Universitesi Tip Fakültesi Parazitoloji Anabilim Dali, Hatay, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 30:302-4. 2006..2%) Dicrocoelium dentriticum, (%1) Ascaris lumbricoides, (%2. 8) Iodamoeba bütschlii, (%1.20) Chilomastix mesnili, (1.4%) Hymenolepis nana, (1.8%) Trichomonas hominis, (0.2%) Strongyloides stercoralis and (0.7%) Taenia saginata.
- Prevalence of the intestinal flukes Haplorchis taichui and H. yokogawai in a mountainous area of Phongsaly Province, Lao PDRJong Yil Chai
Department of Parasitology and Tropical Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 48:339-42. 2010..2 from 2 people), Ascaris lumbricoides (2 from 1 person), Enterobius vermicularis (11 from 3 people), and Taenia saginata (1 strobila with scolex from 1 person)...
- Vaccination trials against Taenia solium eggs in pigs injected with frozen oncospheres of T. solium or Taenia saginata asiaticaPing Chin Fan
Institute and Department of Parasitology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 36:96-100. 2003..142 to 185 days were used to determine whether pigs injected with nonviable oncospheres of Taenia solium or Taenia saginata asiatica can become resistant to the challenge of viable eggs of T. solium...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a major egg antigen in Paragonimus westermani and its use in ELISA for the immunodiagnosis of paragonimiasisJae Sik Lee
Department of Parasitology and Institute of Tropical Medicine, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, 120 752, South Korea
Parasitol Res 100:677-81. 2007..was 40, 38, and was 35% identical to heat shock proteins from Schistosoma japonicum, Schistosoma mansoni, and Taenia saginata. The distribution this antigen was investigated in adult worms by indirect immunofluorescence assay, and ..
- Serodiagnosis of bovine cysticercosis by detecting live Taenia saginata cysts using a monoclonal antibody-based antigen-ELISAW Wanzala
Department of Zoology, University of Nairobi, PO Box 30197, Nairobi, Kenya
J S Afr Vet Assoc 73:201-6. 2002An ante mortem antigen-ELISA-based diagnosis of Taenia saginata cysticercosis was studied in artificially (n = 24) and naturally (n = 25) infected cattle with the objective of further validating the assay as a field diagnostic test...
- Helminthic infestation in children of Kupwara district: a prospective studyS A Wani
PG Department of Zoology, The University of Kashmir, Soura, Srinagar, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 25:398-400. 2007..various helminth parasites included Ascaris lumbricoides , Trichuris trichiura , Enterobius vermicularis and Taenia saginata . By far, the highest frequency of 69...
- [Parasitological risks--from animal husbandry to food and humans]T Schnieder
Institut für Parasitologie, Zentrum für Infektionsmedizin, Tierarztliche Hochschule Hannover
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 110:326-8. 2003..Tapeworm infections with Taenia saginata are more frequent than reported in the official statistics...
- Detection of human taeniases in Tibetan endemic areas, ChinaTiaoying Li
Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Sichuan Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan, China
Parasitology 140:1602-7. 2013..expulsion within the previous one year showed an overall positive detection rate of more than 80% for Taenia saginata, T. solium and T. asiatica. The positive detection rate was similar for T. saginata and T. solium...
- Identification of Echinococcus granulosus eggsMarta Cabrera
Departamento de Parasitologi a Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Infecciosas Dr Carlos G Malbrán, Av Velez Sarsfield 563 1281, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 44:29-34. 2002..The fragment is not present in the DNA from Echinococcus multilocularis, Taenia hydatigena, Taenia saginata, Diphyll-obothrium latum, and Hymenolepis nana...
- Wrapping the alpha-crystallin domain fold in a chaperone assemblyRobin Stamler
Department of Crystallography, Birkbeck College, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, UK
J Mol Biol 353:68-79. 2005..Here, the 2.5A resolution structure of an sHsp from the parasitic flatworm Taenia saginata Tsp36, the first metazoan crystal structure, shows a new mode of dimerization involving N-terminal regions, ..
- [Identification of Taenia saginata by mtCO I in four areas of Yunnan and Guizhou provinces]Zheng Rong Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang 550004
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 21:20-3. 2003To identify the types of Taenia saginata isolated from Dali of Yunnan Province, and from Duyun and Congjiang of Guizhou Province.
- [Epidemiological investigation of Taenia saginata asiatica in Duyun, Guizhou and detection of amino acids and elements of adult worms]Yan Chen
Department of Parasitology, Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang 550004
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 21:311-3. 2003..To study epidemiological factors of taeniasis and to detect amino acid and element components of adult worms in Duyun of Guizhou Province...
- Taenia saginata derived synthetic peptides with potential for the diagnosis of bovine cysticercosisE Ferrer
Institute for Animal Health, Pirbright Laboratory, Ash Road, Pirbright, Woking, Surrey GU24 ONF, UK
Vet Parasitol 111:83-94. 2003..The antigenicity of six peptides derived from four potentially protective molecules cloned from a Taenia saginata oncospheres cDNA library have been evaluated as targets for the specific diagnosis of bovine cysticercosis...
- Differentiating Taenia eggs found in human stools: does Ziehl-Neelsen staining help?Juan A Jimenez
Department of Microbiology, School of Sciences, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
Trop Med Int Health 15:1077-81. 2010To determine whether Ziehl-Neelsen staining can differentiate Taenia solium from Taenia saginata eggs.
- Visual diagnosis of Taenia saginata cysticercosis during meat inspection: is it unequivocal?S Abuseir
Centre for Food Science, Institute for Food Quality and Safety, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bischofsholer Damm 15, 30173, Hannover, Germany
Parasitol Res 99:405-9. 2006..The first, HDP1, was able to detect 200 fg of Taenia saginata DNA and 100 pg of C. bovis DNA. The other primer set, HDP2, was able to detect 1 pg of T...
- [Cestode infections in Poland in 1999]W Płonka
Zakład Parazytologii Lekarskiej Państwowego Zakładu Higieny Ul Chocimska 24, 00 791 Warszawa
Przegl Epidemiol 55:159-63. 2001In 1999, 437 intestinal cestode cases were registered in Poland. Among them 369 were caused by Taenia saginata, 7 by T. solium, 35 by Taenia sp...
- Parasitic infection of the digestive tract in children in a regional hospital center in Gharb (Kenitra, Morroco): some epidemiological featuresY El Guamri
Faculty of Science, University Ibn Tofail, BP 133, 14000 Kenitra, Morocco
East Afr J Public Health 8:250-7. 2011..9%), Trichuris trichiura (10.2%), Hymenolepis nana (3.8%) and Taenia saginata (2.5%)...
- Taenia saginata metacestode antigenic fractions obtained by ion-exchange chromatography: potential source of immunodominant markers applicable in the immunodiagnosis of human neurocysticercosisDaniela da Silva Nunes
Laboratório de Diagnóstico de Parasitoses, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, 38400 902, Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 76:36-41. 2013..study was to fractionate and partially characterize fractions obtained from the total saline extract (SE) of Taenia saginata metacestodes after ion-exchange procedure in carboxymethyl sepharose (CM) and diethylaminoethyl sepharose (..
- A study of prevalence of Taenia infestation and associated risk factors among the school children of DharanR B Sah
School of Public Health and Community Medicine, B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 10:14-7. 2012Taenia prevalence has remained high among certain ethnic groups and occupational diseases in Nepal. Taenia saginata and Taenia solium species are worldwide in distribution...
- State of the art of Taenia solium as compared to Taenia asiaticaAna Flisser
Departamento de Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico 04510 DF, Mexico
Korean J Parasitol 51:43-9. 2013Three species of tapeworms infect humans in their adult stage (Taenia solium, Taenia saginata and Taenia asiatica)...
- Taenia saginata a rare cause of acute cholangitis: a case reportO Uygur-Bayramicli
Department of Gastroenterology Maltepe Universit School of Medicine, Istanbul
Acta Clin Belg 67:436-7. 2012Parasitic infestations of the galdbladder and biliary tract are quite rare. Taenia saginata is an intestinal helmint and patients harbouring adult T.saginata tapeworms are mostly asymptomatic and discharge only fecal proglottids...
- Multi-test analysis and model-based estimation of the prevalence of Taenia saginata cysticercus infection in naturally infected dairy cows in the absence of a 'gold standard' reference testR M Eichenberger
Institute of Parasitology, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 266a, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Parasitol 43:853-9. 2013..ELISAs) and of the obligatory European Union-approved routine visual meat inspection for the detection of Taenia saginata cysticercosis were investigated...
- [The distribution of intestinal parasites in people admitted to the Yüzüncü Yıl University Parasitology Laboratory of Health Research and Training Hospital, in 2009]Hasan Yilmaz
Yuzuncu Yil Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Parazitoloji Anabilim Dali, Van, Turkiye
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 36:105-8. 2012..This study was performed to present the distribution of intestinal parasites in parients admitted to the Parasitology Laboratory of the Health Research and Training Hospital of Yüzüncü Yıl University in 2009...
- A loop-mediated isothermal amplification method for a differential identification of Taenia tapeworms from human: application to a field surveyAgathe Nkouawa
Department of Parasitology, Asahikawa Medical University, Midorigaoka Higashi 2 1 1 1, Asahikawa, 078 8510, Hokkaido, Japan
Parasitol Int 61:723-5. 2012..recovered from 35 carriers, 9, 1, and 41 samples were identified as Taenia solium, Taenia asiatica and Taenia saginata, respectively. Same results were obtained afterwards in the laboratory, except one sample...
- Taenia saginata: failure treatment in a child with 5-year long-lasting infectionAdrián Márquez-Navarro
Department of Parasitology, National School of Biological Sciences IPN, Mexico, DF
Gastroenterol Nurs 35:125-7. 2012..In addition, improvements in the habits among individuals must be addressed to avoid the increased risk of infection...
- Characterization of microRNAs in Taenia saginata of zoonotic significance by Solexa deep sequencing and bioinformatics analysisL Ai
National Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Laboratory of Parasite and Vector Biology, Ministry of Health, WHO Collaborating Center for Malaria, Schistosomiasis and Filariasis, Shanghai, 200025, Peoples Republic of China
Parasitol Res 110:2373-8. 2012The beef tapeworm Taenia saginata infects human beings with symptoms ranging from nausea, abdominal discomfort to digestive disturbances and intestinal blockage. In the present study, microRNA (miRNA) expressing profile in adult T...
- IgA detection in human neurocysticercosis using different preparations of heterologous antigenVanessa da S Ribeiro
Departamento de Imunologia, Microbiologia e Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, Avenida Pará 1720, CEP 38400 902, Uberlandia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Parasitol Res 107:221-5. 2010..from neurocysticercosis patients was tested using some antigenic preparations of total saline extract from Taenia saginata: detergent (D) and aqueous (A) phases extracted with Triton X-114 and the jacalin bound (JBF) and unbound ..
- Prevalence of bovine cysticercosis in slaughtered cattle in IranGh R Jahed Khaniki
Department of Environmental Health Engineering, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 14155 6446, Tehran, Iran
Trop Anim Health Prod 42:141-3. 2010Bovine cysticercosis is an important food safety issue and can cause economic loss. A cross sectional study on Taenia saginata cysticercosis was carried out in slaughtered cattle in Iran in order to determine the infection rate during a ..
- Interaction and ovicidal activity of nematophagous fungus Pochonia chlamydosporia on Taenia saginata eggsJuliana M Araujo
Departamento de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Viçosa MG 36570 000, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 121:338-41. 2009..isolates VC1 and VC4), Duddingtonia flagrans (isolate AC001) and Monacrosporium thaumasium (isolate NF34) on Taenia saginata eggs was evaluated under laboratory conditions. T...
- Genetic categorization of Echinococcus granulosus from humans and herbivorous hosts in Iran using an integrated mutation scanning-phylogenetic approachMitra Sharbatkhori
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Electrophoresis 30:2648-55. 2009..data, including representatives of all presently recognized Echinococcus species/genotypes as well as Taenia saginata (as the outgroup), the majority of cyst isolates (142 of 148; 95...
- Development of a species-specific coproantigen ELISA for human Taenia solium taeniasisMaria Claudia Guezala
Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, School of Veterinary Medicine, Lima, Peru
Am J Trop Med Hyg 81:433-7. 2009..Microscopic fecal diagnostic methods for human T. solium taeniasis are not very sensitive, and Taenia saginata and Taenia solium eggs are indistinguishable under the light microscope...
- Nanobodies, a promising tool for species-specific diagnosis of Taenia solium cysticercosisN Deckers
Animal Health Department, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nationalestraat 155, B 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Int J Parasitol 39:625-33. 2009..The nanobodies do not cross-react with T. hydatigena, Taenia saginata, Taenia crassiceps or Trichinella spiralis and were categorized into four epitope-binding groups...
- Immunoblot patterns of Taenia asiatica taeniasisHyeong Kyu Jeon
Department of Parasitology and Medical Research Institute, Chungbuk National University College of Medicine, Cheongju, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 47:73-7. 2009..5 kDa against T. asiatica infected sera. Antigens of adult Taenia saginata revealed 110-100, 66, 58-56, and 46 kDa immunoblot bands against T. asiatica infected sera...
- [Cestode infections in Poland in 2007]Maria Waloch
Zakład Parazytologii Lekarskiej Narodowego Instytutu Zdrowia Publicznego Państwowego Zakładu Higieny, Warszawa
Przegl Epidemiol 63:267-9. 2009In the year 2007, 134 intestinal cestode infections were registered in Poland. Among them 84 were caused by Taenia saginata, 4 by T. solium, 30 by Taenia sp., 2 by Diphyllobothrium latum...
- [A retrospective evaluation of the prevalence of intestinal parasites in Istanbul, Turkey]Fatma Koksal
İstanbul Üniversitesi Cerrahpaşa Tıp Fakültesi, Mikrobiyoloji ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji, Istanbul, Turkiye, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 34:166-71. 2010..1%, Giardia intestinalis in 1.4%, Taenia saginata in 0.2%, Entamoeba histolytica/dispar in 0.05% and Ascaris lumbricoides in 0.03%...
- Frequency of intestinal parasitic infection among children in Hadhramout governorate (Yemen)A M Al-Haddad
Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, Faculty of Science, Hadhramout University of Science and Technology HUST, Mukalla, Yemen
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 40:479-88. 2010..83%), Ascaris lumbricoides (15.83%), Trichuris trichiura (2.33%), Hymenolepis nana (2.33%), Taenia saginata (1.50%) and Schistosoma mansoni (0.67%)...
- Genetic variability of the 18 kDa/HP6 protective antigen in Taenia saginata and Taenia asiatica: implications for vaccine developmentLuis M Gonzalez
Parasitology Department, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, 28220 Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Mol Biochem Parasitol 176:131-4. 2011Genomic characterization of the genes encoding the Taenia 18 kDa/HP6 protective antigens was carried out for Taenia saginata and T. asiatica using 42 taeniid isolates comprising 23 samples of T. saginata, 13 samples of T...
- Evaluation of an antigen from Taenia crassiceps cysticercus for the serodiagnosis of neurocysticercosisRegina H S Peralta
Departamento de Patologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Acta Trop 83:159-68. 2002..samples from the control group were negative in ELISA-gp14Tcra and only one serum from an individual with Taenia saginata was reactive in this assay, showing a specificity of 99% for ELISA-gp14Tcra...
- Preferential infection sites of Cysticercus bovis in cattle experimentally infected with Taenia saginata eggsWelber D Z Lopes
CPPAR Animal Health Research Center Faculdade de Ciências Agrárias e Veterinárias, UNESP, Via de acesso prof Paulo Donatto Castellani, s n CEP 14884 900 Jaboticabal, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Res Vet Sci 90:84-8. 2011..bovis were evaluated in the skeletal muscle and entrails of 25 cattle that were experimentally infected with Taenia saginata (2×10(4) eggs). Two other animals were not inoculated (control)...
- Production and immunoanalytical application of 32 monoclonal antibodies against metacestode somatic antigens of Echinococcus multilocularisXin Wang
Department of Parasitology, College of Preclinical Medicine and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, 17 Renmin Road, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan, China
Parasitol Res 107:177-85. 2010..multilocularis, while 14 and ten cross-reacted with Echinococcus granulosus and Taenia saginata, respectively. Twenty-five antibodies stained the laminated layer...
- [Environmental spread of taenia proglottids: an atypical yet interesting public health problem in schools]M Dutto
Dipartimento di Prevenzione ASL CN1, Cuneo
Ann Ig 22:539-44. 2010We report herein a new case of teniasis caused by Taenia saginata (tapeworm) in a pediatric patient with done-on-purpose dispersion of proglottids happened in an elementary school inside the health district ASL CN-1...
- [Evaluation of epidemiological situation of cestode infections in Poland in the years 1997-2006 on the basis of data from san-epid stations]Maria Waloch
Zakład Parazytologii Lekarskiej Narodowego Instytutu Zdrowia Publicznego Państwowego Zakładu Higieny
Przegl Epidemiol 64:533-6. 2010..Among them 2,748 were caused by Taenia saginata, 41 by T...
- Distribution of Taenia saginata metacestodes: a comparison of routine meat inspection and carcase dissection results in experimentally infected calvesV E Soares
Camilo Castelo Branco University, Descalvado, SP, Brazil
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 105:393-401. 2011..bovis serum antibodies and were inoculated orally with aliquots containing 6×10(4) Taenia saginata eggs...
- A prospective study on parasites among expatriate workers in Al-Baha from 2009-2011, Saudi ArabiaKhairy Abdel Hamid Mohammad
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Al Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 41:423-32. 2011..58%), Ancylostoma duodenal 163 (15.10%), Hymenolepis nana 120 (11.12%), Taenia saginata 119 (11.02%), Strongyloides stercoralis 28 (2.59), Enterobius vermicularis 16 (1...
- Review of zoonotic parasites in medical and veterinary fields in the Republic of KoreaHeejeong Youn
College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 47:S133-41. 2009..b>Taenia saginata, T. solium, and T. asiatica...
- Anti-oxidant activity of superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase enzymes in skeletal muscles from slaughter cattle infected with Taenia saginataJoanna Łuszczak
Medical University of Lublin, Chair and Department of Biology and Genetics, Staszica 6, Lublin 20 081, Poland
Exp Parasitol 128:163-5. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the activities of SOD and GPx in cattle tissues infected with Taenia saginata. We observed a statistically significant increase in the SOD and GPx activities (p=0.00003, 0...
- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification method for differentiation and rapid detection of Taenia speciesAgathe Nkouawa
Department of Parasitology, Asahikawa Medical College, Midorigaoka Higashi 2 1 1 1, Asahikawa 078 8510, Hokkaido, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 47:168-74. 2009..between three species, and LAMP with primer sets to the clp gene could differentiate Taenia solium from Taenia saginata/Taenia asiatica...
- [The investigation of intestinal parasites in two primary schools in different social-economic districts of the city of Yozgat, Turkey]Ahmet Duran Ataş
Halk Sağliği Laboratuvari, Yozgat, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 32:261-5. 2008..The rate of Giardia intestinalis, Enterobius vermicularis, Hymenolepis nana, Entamoeba histolytica/dispar, Taenia saginata, Ascaris lumbricoides and Trichuris trichiura were found to be 15.5%, 8.4%, 2.2%, 1.6%, 1.6%, 1.6% and 0...
- [Cestode infections in Poland in 2006]Maria Waloch
Zakład Parazytologii Lekarskiej, Narodowego Instytutu Zdrowia Publicznego, Państwowego Zakładu Higieny, ul Chocimska 24, 00 791 Warszawa
Przegl Epidemiol 62:351-5. 2008In the year 2006, 158 intestinal cestode infections were registered in Poland. Among them 97 were caused by Taenia saginata, 4 by T. solium, 39 by Taenia sp., 1 by Diphyllobothrium latum...
- Application of synthetic peptides to the diagnosis of neurocysticercosisAgnes Fleury
Instituto Nacional de Neurologia y Neurocirugia, Mexico, DF Mexico
Trop Med Int Health 8:1124-30. 2003We tested the possible diagnostic utility of five Taenia saginata oncosphere-derived synthetic peptides in T. solium neurocysticercosis (NC)...
- Cysticercosis/taeniasis in Asia and the PacificAkira Ito
Department of Parasitology, Asahikawa Medical College, Japan
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 4:95-107. 2004Three taeniid tapeworms infect humans in Asia and the Pacific: Taenia solim, Taenia saginata, and Taenia asiatica...
- Jejunal perforation caused by morphologically abnormal Taenia saginata saginata infectionSomchai Jongwutiwes
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Rama 4, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Infect 49:324-8. 2004..By sequence analysis of the mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase I gene and the 28S rRNA gene has confirmed them to be Taenia saginata saginata.
- Ag-ELISA and PCR for monitoring the vaccination of cattle against Taenia saginata cysticercosis using an oncospheral adhesion protein (HP6) with surface and secreted localizationL J S Harrison
University of Edinburgh, Department of Tropical Animal Health, Sir Alexander Robertson Centre for Tropical Veterinary Medicine, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Roslin, Midlothian, Scotland, UK
Trop Anim Health Prod 37:103-20. 2005A Taenia saginata oncosphere-derived adhesion protein (HP6) with surface and secreted localization was used to successfully vaccinate calves against oral challenge with T. saginata eggs. In contrast, vaccination using a combination of T...
- Acute pancreatitis caused by tapeworm in the biliary tractYu Min Liu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, and Department of Pathology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Am J Trop Med Hyg 73:377-80. 2005..Recent studies suggest that Asian Taenia is a new subspecies of Taenia saginata and has been renamed as Taenia saginata asiatica...
- Usefulness of severe combined immunodeficiency (scid) and inbred mice for studies of cysticercosis and echinococcosisKazuhiro Nakaya
Animal Laboratory for Medical Research, Asahikawa Medical College, Hokkaido, Japan
Parasitol Int 55:S91-7. 2006..mice of both sexes, in vitro hatched oncospheres of all three human taeniid species (Taenia solium, Taenia saginata and Taenia asiatica) developed into cysticerci comparable to or bigger than those developed in their known ..
- Taeniasis and cysticercosis in Bali and North Sumatra, IndonesiaToni Wandra
Directorate General, Communicable Disease Control and Environmental Health, Ministry of Health, Indonesia
Parasitol Int 55:S155-60. 2006..reported that three human Taenia species are distributed in Indonesia: Taenia solium, Taenia asiatica and Taenia saginata. T. asiatica is well known in North Sumatra, especially on Samosir island in Lake Toba. T. solium and T...
- [Epidemiologic survey of teniasis in Health and Family Program in Uberaba, MG]Flavia Maria Esteves
Departamento de Medicina Veterinaria Preventiva, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Jaboticabal, SP, Brazil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 38:530-1. 2005..2%) of them, and 112 (60.5%) received praziquantel. After this 97 (86.6%) passed proglottides characterized as Taenia Saginata and Taenia Solium in 36 (37.1%) and 4 (4.1%) respectively.
- [Intestinal parasitoses in the Mahajanga region, west coast of Madagascar]P Buchy
Laboratoire de Biologie Medicale, CHU Androva, Mahajanga, Madagascar
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 96:41-5. 2003..7%). The prevalence of the nematodosis reached 23.4%. Hymenolepis nana, Taenia saginata or solium and Schistosoma mansoni were less frequent (respectively 2.5%, 0.75% and 3.7%)...
- Immunochemical characterization of alkaline phosphatase from the fluid of sterile and fertile Echinococcus granulosus cystsAli Vatankhah
Parasitology Department, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Pasteur Square, 13164, Tehran, Iran
Parasitol Res 90:372-6. 2003..15 samples) and patients with other parasitic diseases including fascioliasis (2 samples), taeniasis ( Taenia saginata, 5 samples) and also sera from uninfected controls (15 samples), were collected and used in immunoblotting ..
- Identification of antigens for use in immunodiagnosis of Taenia saginata cysticercosisE I Kamanga Sollo
Department of Public Health, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Res Vet Sci 50:162-9. 1991Fifteen metacestode antigens from Taenia saginata were defined by Laurell crossed immunoelectrophoresis and investigated for their potential use in immunodiagnosis of bovine cysticercosis...
- Effectiveness of praziquantel against Taenia saginata infections in EthiopiaT M Tesfa Yohannes
Faculty of Medicine, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 84:581-5. 1990Twenty-six individuals infected with Taenia saginata, 18 males and eight females ranging in age from 19-46 years, were treated successfully by a single oral dose of praziquantel at 10 mg kg-1 body weight...
- Ecological effect of Taenia saginata in beef imported from a high prevalence area into NorwayE Skjerve
Department of Pharmacology, Microbiology, and Food Hygiene, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo
J Food Prot 62:1320-5. 1999..model was used to assess the long-term effect of importing beef from an area with a high prevalence of Taenia saginata among cattle. The input of the model was from a Monte Carlo simulation model...
- Sero-epidemiological study of Taenia saginata cysticercosis in Belgian cattleP Dorny
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Prince Leopold Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
Vet Parasitol 88:43-9. 2000A sero-epidemiological survey of Taenia saginata cysticercosis was carried out to determine the prevalence of the infection in cattle presented for slaughter in Belgium...
- Rodent model for long-term maintenance and development of the viable cysticerci of Taenia saginata asiaticaI C Wang
Institute and Department of Parasitology, National Yangming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Korean J Parasitol 38:237-44. 2000Although oncospheres of Taenia saginata asiatica can develop into cysticerci in immunodeficiency, immunosuppressed, and normal mice, no detailed information on the development features of these cysticerci from SCID mice is available...
- Evaluation of taeniasis prevalence in the area supervised by the Provincial Sanitary-Epidemiological Unit in Szczecin between 1994 and 1998E Król-Pakulska
Department of Emergency and Disaster Medicine, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Med Sci Monit 6:746-50. 2000..The aim of the study was to investigate the prevalence of taeniasis in population supervised by the Provincial Sanitary-Epidemiological Unit in Szczecin between 1994 and 1998...
- The use of urban sewage sludge on pastures: the cysticercosis threatJacques Cabaret
PAP, INRA, Nouzilly, France
Vet Res 33:575-97. 2002..The aim of the present review was to consider which pathological risk is major. Cysticercosis due to Taenia saginata appears to be one of the major pathological threats when sewage sludge is used to fertilise cattle pastures ..
- PET AND THE BLOOD BRAIN BARRIER IN HUMAN EPILEPSYEAIN CORNFORD; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Blood-brain barrier gene delivery in knock-out mice.EAIN CORNFORD; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..