Genomes and Genes
Alias: "Bacillus marcescens" (Bizio 1823) Trevisan in de Toni and Trevisan 1889, Bacillus marcescens, Serratia marcescens Bizio 1823, Pantoea sp. NAB7
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- [Post-marketing surveillance of antibacterial activities of cefozopran against various clinical isolates--II. Gram-negative bacteria]Jun Igari
Department of Clinical Pathology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine
Jpn J Antibiot 55:22-60. 2002..n = 192), Klebsiella oxytoca (n = 157), Enterobacter cloacae (n = 189), Enterobacter aerogenes (n = 93), Serratia marcescens (n = 172), Serratia liquefaciens (n = 24), Citrobacter freundii (n = 177), Citrobacter koseri (n = 70), ..
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of respiratory isolates of Enterobacteriaceae and Staphylococcus aureus in Italy: incidence and trends over the period 1997-1999R Fontana
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Italy
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 20:854-63. 2001..n=870), Escherichia coli (n=684), Enterobacter cloacae (n=342), Enterobacter aerogenes (n=187) and Serratia marcescens (n=135) as well as the MICs of 11 antibiotics against isolates of Staphylococcus aureus (n=1,606)...
- Analysis of polar lipids from some representative enterobacteria, Plesiomonas and Acinetobacter by fast atom bombardment-mass spectrometryH S Aluyi
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Manchester Dental School, UK
J Appl Bacteriol 73:426-32. 1992..Morganella morganii, Plesiomonas shigelloides, Proteus mirabilis (3 strains), Serratia liquefaciens and Serratia marcescens. Negative-ion spectra provide data for twenty-seven major carboxylate anions (m/z 209-325) and for thirty-..
- Use of microdilution panels with and without beta-lactamase inhibitors as a phenotypic test for beta-lactamase production among Escherichia coli, Klebsiella spp., Enterobacter spp., Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescensK S Thomson
Center for Research in Anti Infectives and Biotechnology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1393-400. 1999..pneumoniae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens possessing well-characterized beta-lactamases...
- Natural antibiotic susceptibility of strains of Serratia marcescens and the S. liquefaciens complex: S. liquefaciens sensu stricto, S. proteamaculans and S. grimesiiI Stock
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Immunologie, Pharmazeutische Mikrobiologie, Universitat Bonn, Meckenheimer Allee 168, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
Int J Antimicrob Agents 22:35-47. 2003The natural susceptibility of 77 strains of Serratia marcescens and 41 strains of the S. liquefaciens complex (S. liquefaciens sensu stricto (n=21), S. grimesii (n=10), S...
- Relationships between antimicrobial use and antimicrobial resistance in Gram-negative bacteria causing nosocomial infections from 1991-2003 at a university hospital in TaiwanPo Ren Hsueh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, 7, Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:463-72. 2005..Disk susceptibility data of Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterobacter cloacae, Serratia marcescens, Proteus spp., Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter spp...
- [Studies on respiratory infections in primary care clinic (IV). Antibiotic sensitivity of bacteria isolated from patients with respiratory infections visiting 21 private clinics in the Tohoku District of Japan]A Watanabe
Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:1220-31. 1990..of Escherichia coli, 66 strains of Klebsiella pneumoniae, 26 strains of Enterobacter cloacae, 20 strains of Serratia marcescens, 12 strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and 42 strains of Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, isolated from the ..
- The in-vitro antimicrobial activity of some medicinal plants against beta-lactam-resistant bacteriaJoseph Gangoue-Pieboji
Centre for Research on Medicinal Plants and Traditional Medicine, Institute of Medical Research and Medicinal Plant Studies, Yaounde, Cameroon
J Infect Dev Ctries 3:671-80. 2009..In effort to identify novel bacterial agents, this study was initiated to evaluate the antimicrobial properties of 17 crude extracts from 12 medicinal plants against beta-lactam-resistant bacteria...
- Prevalence and diversity of qnr alleles in AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii and Serratia marcescens: a multicentre study from KoreaYeon Joon Park
Department of Clinical Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Ku, Seoul 137 701, Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:868-71. 2007..To investigate the prevalence of qnr determinants, their influence on quinolone susceptibility and their association with other plasmid-mediated genes in AmpC-producing Enterobacteriaceae without any selection criteria...
- [Clinical laboratory approach for estimating the effective administrative dose of latamoxef. Significance of a 4-category system interpretation of the latamoxef disc susceptibility test]T Uete
Department of Clinical Investigation, Kitano Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 40:1906-16. 1987..56 micrograms/ml. LMOX was less active against Serratia marcescens, inhibiting about 43% of strains at a level of 6.25 micrograms/ml...
- Nucleotide sequence of the Serratia marcescens threonine operon and analysis of the threonine operon mutations which alter feedback inhibition of both aspartokinase I and homoserine dehydrogenase IK Omori
Research Laboratory of Applied Biochemistry, Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
J Bacteriol 175:785-94. 1993The nucleotide sequence of the Serratia marcescens threonine operon (thrA1A2BC) was determined...
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in community and private health care centersCorinne Arpin
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Universite de Bordeaux 2, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3506-14. 2003..pneumoniae isolates; 6 Escherichia coli isolates; 3 Proteus mirabilis isolates; and 1 isolate each of Serratia marcescens, Morganella morganii, and Providencia stuartii...
- Evaluation of Phoenix Automated Microbiology System for detecting extended-spectrum beta-lactamases among chromosomal AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescensYeon Joon Park
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Ku, Seoul 137 701, Korea
Ann Clin Lab Sci 37:75-8. 2007..among chromosomal AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens. The study was conducted on 72 non-repetitive ESBL producers (33 E. cloacae, 13 E. aerogenes, 14 C...
- Serratia type pore forming toxinsR Hertle
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Bethesda, MD, USA
Curr Protein Pept Sci 1:75-89. 2000The Serratia marcescens hemolysin represents a new type of hemolysin and has been studied in great molecular detail with regard to structure, activation and secretion. It has nothing in common with the pore forming toxins of E...
- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis causing Serratia marcescens and Proteus mirabilis ventriculoperitoneal shunt infection. Case reportLuis M Tumialan
Department of Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Neurosurg 105:320-4. 2006..Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) cultures grew Serratia marcescens and Proteus mirabilis...
- Production, characterization, cloning and sequence analysis of a monofunctional catalase from Serratia marcescens SYBC08Hua Wei Zeng
The Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology, Ministry of Education, School of Biotechnology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
J Basic Microbiol 51:205-14. 2011A monofunctional catalase from Serratia marcescens SYBC08 produced by liquid state fermentation in 7 liter fermenter was isolated and purified by ammonium sulfate precipitation (ASP), ion exchange chromatography (IEC), and gel filtration ..
- Serratia marcescens infection associated with early abortion in cows and buffaloesA M Das
Department of Bacteriology, Bombay Veterinary College, Parel, India
Epidemiol Infect 101:143-9. 1988b>Serratia marcescens was isolated in pure culture from cases of septic abortion in 4 cows on one farm and 10 buffaloes on two other farms...
- Molecular epidemiology of ceftazidime resistant Enterobacteriaceae from patients on a paediatric oncology wardL C Hibbert-Rogers
Department of Microbiology, University of Leeds, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 36:65-82. 1995..and 1 Serratia marcescens. Clinical isolates were resistant to penicillins and to ceftazidime...
- Convenient test using a combination of chelating agents for detection of metallo-beta-lactamases in the clinical laboratorySoo Young Kim
Center for Research in Anti Infectives and Biotechnology, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University School of Medicine, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:2798-801. 2007..Sixteen isolates (4 Acinetobacter baumannii isolates, 6 Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates, 1 Serratia marcescens isolate, 1 Aeromonas hydrophila isolate, 1 Aeromonas veronii isolate, 2 Chryseobacterium meningosepticum ..
- Isolation and sequence analysis of rpoH genes encoding sigma 32 homologs from gram negative bacteria: conserved mRNA and protein segments for heat shock regulationK Nakahigashi
HSP Research Institute, Kyoto Research Park, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 23:4383-90. 1995..sequenced from five gram negative proteobacteria (gamma or alpha subgroup): Enterobacter cloacae (gamma), Serratia marcescens (gamma), Proteus mirabilis (gamma), Agrobacterium tumefaciens (alpha) and Zymomonas mobilis (alpha)...
- Eggshell factors influencing eggshell penetration and whole egg contamination by different bacteria, including Salmonella enteritidisK De Reu
Department of Animal Product Quality and Transformation Technology, Agricultural Research Centre Ghent, Ministry of the Flemish Community, Brusselsesteenweg 370, 9090 Melle, Belgium
Int J Food Microbiol 112:253-60. 2006..b>Serratia marcescens, Carnobacterium sp., Pseudomonas sp. and Salmonella enteritidis, recovered from egg contents, were studied...
- A novel class A extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (BES-1) in Serratia marcescens isolated in BrazilR Bonnet
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Faculte de Medecine, 63001 Clermont Ferrand cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:3061-8. 2000b>Serratia marcescens Rio-5, one of 18 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing strains isolated in several hospitals in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) in 1996 and 1997, exhibited a high level of resistance to aztreonam (MIC, 512 ..
- In vitro activity of Ro 23-9424, a dual-action cephalosporin, compared with activities of other antibioticsJ W Gu
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 34:189-95. 1990..It inhibited the majority of members of the family Enterobacteriaceae, except for some Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter freundii, and Enterobacter cloacae strains, at less than or equal to 0...
- Evaluation of a new generation of plastic culture bottles with an automated microbial detection system for nine common contaminating organisms found in PLT componentsM E Brecher
Transfusion Medicine Service, CB 7600, University of North Carolina Hospitals, 101 Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Transfusion 44:359-63. 2004..The recovery of nine organisms seeded into PLTs with new plastic culture bottles was studied in comparison to the current glass bottles. The use of plastic instead of glass would be expected to reduce the risk of injury...
- Temporal association of entomopathogenic nematodes (Rhabditida: Steinernematidae and Heterorhabditidae) and bacteriaDawn H Gouge
University of Arizona, MAC, 37860 West Smith Enke Road, Phoenix, AZ 85239, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 91:147-57. 2006..Pseudomonas fluorescens type C, Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia proteomaculans...
- Evaluation of an automated culture system for detecting bacterial contamination of platelets: an analysis with 15 contaminating organismsM E Brecher
University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514, USA
Transfusion 41:477-82. 2001..Approximately 1 in 2000 platelet components are bacterially contaminated. The time to detection of 15 seeded organisms in platelets recovered from an automated culture system was studied...
- A multistate outbreak of Serratia marcescens bloodstream infection associated with contaminated intravenous magnesium sulfate from a compounding pharmacyRebecca H Sunenshine
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Arizona Dept of Health Services, 150 N 18th Ave, Ste 150, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:527-33. 2007..In 2005, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention received reports of cases of Serratia marcescens bloodstream infection occurring in patients who underwent cardiac surgical procedures in Los Angeles, ..
- Emergence of Serratia marcescens, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Escherichia coli Isolates possessing the plasmid-mediated carbapenem-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase KPC-2 in intensive care units of a Chinese hospitalJia Chang Cai
2nd Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University, 88 Jiefang Rd, Hangzhou, China 310009
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:2014-8. 2008Twenty-one Serratia marcescens, ten Klebsiella pneumoniae, and one Escherichia coli isolate with carbapenem resistance or reduced carbapenem susceptibility were recovered from intensive care units (ICUs) in our hospital...
- Utilization of mucus from the coral Acropora palmata by the pathogen Serratia marcescens and by environmental and coral commensal bacteriaCory J Krediet
University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:3851-8. 2009..commensal bacteria ("Photobacterium mandapamensis" and Halomonas meridiana) and by opportunistic Serratia marcescens pathogens. S...
- Purification and partial characterization of psychrotrophic Serratia marcescens lipaseAdham M Abdou
Department of Food Hygiene, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Benha University, Moshtohor 13736 Kaliobyia, Egypt
J Dairy Sci 86:127-32. 2003b>Serratia marcescens isolated from raw milk was found to produce extracellular lipase. The growth of this organism could contribute to flavor defects in milk and dairy products...
- Characterization of an exochitinase from Epiphyas postvittana nucleopolyhedrovirus (family Baculoviridae)Vivienne L Young
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Gen Virol 86:3253-61. 2005..Homology modelling of the chitinase of Epiphyas postvittana nucleopolyhedrovirus (EppoNPV) against Serratia marcescens chitinase A indicated that the enzyme possesses an N-terminal polycystic kidney 1 (PKD1) domain for chitin-..
- Pathogenic capacity of proteases from Serratia marcescens and Pseudomonas aeruginosa and their suppression by chicken egg white ovomacroglobulinA Molla
Department of Microbiology, Kumamoto University Medical School, Japan
Infect Immun 55:2509-17. 1987The pathogenicities of three proteases from Serratia marcescens, two proteases from Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and one thermolysin from Bacillus stearothermophilus were examined...
- Kinetic analysis of growth rate, ATP, and pigmentation suggests an energy-spilling function for the pigment prodigiosin of Serratia marcescensPryce L Haddix
Department of Biology, Auburn University Montgomery, P O Box 244023, Montgomery, AL 36124 4023, USA
J Bacteriol 190:7453-63. 2008b>Serratia marcescens is a gram-negative environmental bacterium and opportunistic pathogen. S. marcescens expresses prodigiosin, a bright red and cell-associated pigment which has no known biological function for producing cells...
- [Isolation and characterization of Serratia marcescens phage]Long Yu
State Research Center for Bio protective Equipment and Engineering Technology, State Key Laboratory of Pathogen and Biosecurity, Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100071, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 48:498-502. 2008To isolate the bacteriophage of Serratia marcescens (8039) from sewage, and to study on its biological characteristics.
- Infectious crystalline keratopathy caused by Serratia marcescensChing Long Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cornea 26:1011-3. 2007..To report the case of a 70-year-old woman with Serratia infectious crystalline keratopathy...
- In vitro and in vivo antibacterial activities of E-4868, a new fluoroquinolone with a 7-azetidin ring substituentJ Guinea
Department of Sanitary Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 37:868-74. 1993..03 and 1 microgram/ml were observed, with the exception of those against Serratia marcescens and Providencia spp., and a MIC90 of 2 micrograms/ml against Pseudomonas aeruginosa was obtained...
- Activity domains of the TonB proteinI Traub
Mikrobiologie II, Universitat Tubingen, Germany
Mol Microbiol 8:409-23. 1993..Differences in the activities of the Escherichia coli and the Serratia marcescens TonB proteins were used to identify TonB functional domains. In E...
- Ceftazidime combined with mecillinam: serum bactericidal titres compared with in-vitro synergy against gram-negative bacilliP Van der Auwera
Service de Medecine, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
J Antimicrob Chemother 21:745-53. 1988..Ten strains each of Klebsiella pneumoniae, Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter freundii, Salmonella spp. and Yersinia spp. and nine strains each of Acinetobacter spp...
- A novel medium for the enhanced cell growth and production of prodigiosin from Serratia marcescens isolated from soilAnuradha V Giri
Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai 600025, India
BMC Microbiol 4:11. 2004Prodigiosin produced by Serratia marcescens is a promising drug owing to its reported characteristics of having antifungal, immunosuppressive and antiproliferative activity...
- Illness-induced anorexia and its possible function in the caterpillar, Manduca sextaShelley A Adamo
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Brain Behav Immun 21:292-300. 2007..Injecting Manduca sexta larvae (caterpillars) with live bacteria (Serratia marcescens), heat-killed bacteria or bacterial lipopolysaccharides resulted in a decline in feeding, demonstrating ..
- Production, purification and characterization of a 50-kDa extracellular metalloprotease from Serratia marcescensP R Salamone
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, University of Central Florida, Orlando 32816 2360, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 48:317-24. 1997The extracellular metalloprotease (SMP 6.1) produced by a soil isolate of Serratia marcescens NRRL B-23112 was purified and characterized. SMP 6...
- (123)I-Labeled chitinase as specific radioligand for in vivo detection of fungal infections in miceRien Siaens
Laboratory of Radiopharmacy, Gent University, Gent, Belgium
J Nucl Med 45:1209-16. 2004..ChiB_E144Q (ChiB = chitinase B) from Serratia marcescens was labeled with (123)I, and in vitro and in vivo studies were assessed.
- Characterization of the mineral phosphate solubilizing activity of Serratia marcescens CTM 50650 isolated from the phosphate mine of GafsaMounira Ben Farhat
Laboratoire d Enzymes et de Metabolites des Procaryotes LEMP, Centre de Biotechnologie de Sfax, Route de Sidi Mansour Km 6, BP 1177, 3018 Sfax, Tunisia
Arch Microbiol 191:815-24. 2009The mineral phosphate solubilizing (MPS) ability of a Serratia marcescens strain, namely CTM 50650, isolated from the phosphate mine of Gafsa, was characterized on a chemically defined medium (NBRIP broth)...
- Prevalence and characteristics of aac(6')-Ib-cr in AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens: a multicenter study from KoreaSoo Young Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, St Vincent s Hospital, Paldal Gu, Suwon, South Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 63:314-8. 2009..A total of 479 clinical isolates of Enterobacter cloacae (179), Citrobacter freundii (134), and Serratia marcescens (166) from 12 laboratories between March and July 2005 were examined...
- Validation of BacT/ALERT plastic culture bottles for use in testing of whole-blood-derived leukoreduced platelet-rich-plasma-derived plateletsM E Brecher
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514, USA
Transfusion 44:1174-8. 2004..This study validated the BacT/ALERT for use in testing pooled PRP-derived PLTs with nine contaminating organisms...
- Occurrence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases among chromosomal AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens in Korea and investigation of screening criteriaYeon Joon Park
Department of Clinical Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, Seoul 137 040, Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 51:265-9. 2005..beta-lactamases (ESBLs) among AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens. The 413 isolates (158 E. cloacae, 126 C. freundii, and 129 S...
- Multistate outbreak of Serratia marcescens bloodstream infections caused by contamination of prefilled heparin and isotonic sodium chloride solution syringesDavid Blossom
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:1705-11. 2009To investigate clusters of Serratia marcescens (SM) bloodstream infections (BSIs) at health care facilities in several states and determine whether contaminated prefilled heparin and isotonic sodium chloride solution (hereinafter, saline)..
- Novel tetracycline resistance determinant isolated from an environmental strain of Serratia marcescensStuart A Thompson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912 2100, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:2199-206. 2007Resistances to tetracycline and mercury were identified in an environmental strain of Serratia marcescens isolated from a stream highly contaminated with heavy metals...
- Re-evaluation of the serotypes of Serratia marcescens and separation into two schemes based on lipopolysaccharide (O) and capsular polysaccharide (K) antigensH M Aucken
Laboratory of Hospital Infection, Central Public Health Laboratory, London, UK
Microbiology 144:639-53. 1998Chemical and serological analysis has revealed that many of the 29 O serotype reference strains of Serratia marcescens contain both neutral and acidic polysaccharides which correspond to LPS O antigens and capsular K antigens, ..
- The importance of chitobiase and N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) uptake in N,N'-diacetylchitobiose [(GlcNAc)2] utilization by Serratia marcescens 2,170Tadayuki Toratani
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Niigata University, 8050 Ikarashi 2, Niigata 950 2181, Japan
Microbiology 154:1326-32. 2008..GlcNAc)(2)] is the main degradation product from chitin by the action of chitinases of Serratia marcescens 2170...
- Case-control analysis of endemic Serratia marcescens bacteremia in a neonatal intensive care unitMatthew J Bizzarro
Divisions of Perinatal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8064, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 92:F120-6. 2007b>Serratia marcescens is an opportunistic gram-negative rod which typically infects compromised hosts.
- Effect of chemical and physical parameters on the production of L-asparaginase from a newly isolated Serratia marcescens SK-07A Agarwal
Biochemical Engineering Laboratory, Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, Assam, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 52:307-13. 2011..of carbon and nitrogen sources of the medium in shake flask experiments and evaluate the effect of pH and dissolved oxygen (DO) on the production of L-asparaginase from a newly isolated Serratia marcescens SK-07 in a batch bioreactor.
- Effects of temperature, nutrients, organic matter and coral mucus on the survival of the coral pathogen, Serratia marcescens PDL100Erin E Looney
Department of Environmental Health Science, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
Environ Microbiol 12:2479-85. 2010b>Serratia marcescens is an enteric bacterium that causes white pox disease in elkhorn coral, Acropora palmata; however, it remains unclear if the pathogenic strain has adapted to seawater or if it requires a host or reservoir for survival...
- Serratia marcescens internalization and replication in human bladder epithelial cellsRalf Hertle
Microbiology Membranphysiology, University of Tubingen, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 4:16. 2004b>Serratia marcescens, a frequent agent of catheterization-associated bacteriuria, strongly adheres to human bladder epithelial cells in culture...
- Outbreak of Serratia marcescens infections following injection of betamethasone compounded at a community pharmacyRachel Civen
Los Angles County Department of Health Services, Acute Communicable Disease Control Program, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:831-7. 2006In June 2001, following the report of 4 patients with Serratia marcescens meningitis who received epidural injections of betamethasone compounded at a community pharmacy, we initiated an outbreak investigation.
- Morphological and genetic analysis of three bacteriophages of Serratia marcescens isolated from environmental waterKenshi Matsushita
Department of Pediatrics, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 291:201-8. 2009Increases in multidrug-resistant strains of Serratia marcescens are of great concern in pediatrics, especially in neonatal intensive care units...
- Serratia marcescens endophthalmitis associated with intravitreal injections of bevacizumabS H Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Eye (Lond) 24:226-32. 2010To report two cases of Serratia marcescens endophthalmitis related to presumed aliquot drug contamination, and to determine the incidence of acute endophthalmitis after intravitreal injection of bevacizumab.
- Zymar (Gatifloxacin 0.3%) shows excellent Gram-negative activity against Serratia marcescens and Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a New Zealand White rabbit keratitis modelFrancis S Mah
Charles T Campbell Ophthalmic Microbiology Laboratory, UPMC Eye Center, Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Research Center, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cornea 26:585-8. 2007..3%), and fortified tobramycin (14 mg/mL) in the treatment of experimental Gram-negative bacterial infections of Serratia marcescens (SM) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA) in the New Zealand White (NZW) rabbit keratitis model.
- Presence of a group II intron in a multiresistant Serratia marcescens strain that harbors three integrons and a novel gene fusionDaniela Centron
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1402-9. 2002..of integrons in the dissemination of antibiotic resistance in a recent multiresistant clinical isolate, Serratia marcescens SCH88050909 (SCH909). This isolate harbors three integrons, all on a 60-kb conjugative plasmid...
- SME-type carbapenem-hydrolyzing class A beta-lactamases from geographically diverse Serratia marcescens strainsA M Queenan
The R W Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Raritan, New Jersey 08869, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:3035-9. 2000Three sets of carbapenem-resistant Serratia marcescens isolates have been identified in the United States: 1 isolate in Minnesota in 1985 (before approval of carbapenems for clinical use), 5 isolates in Los Angeles (University of ..
- Microbiological evaluation of different antiseptic povidone-iodine and chlorhexidine formulations after intentional contamination of containersChristiane Moreira Padovani
Rev Lat Am Enfermagem 16:1038-41. 2008..A laboratory study was performed with 180 antiseptic containers, which were contaminated with Serratia marcescens [1 x 105 UFC/mL]...
- An outbreak of Serratia marcescens septicemia in neonatesEkrem Guler
Department of Pediatric, Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University, Kahramanmaras 46050, Turkey
Indian Pediatr 46:61-3. 2009b>Serratia marcescens is a well recognized nosocomial pathogen. We report an outbreak with this organism in 8 neonates in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)...
- A novel quorum sensing system co-regulated by chromosome- and plasmid-encoded genes in Serratia marcescens H30Hu Zhu
Center for Bioengineering and Biotechnology, China University of Petroleum, Qingdao, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 319:87-90. 2008The key genes, SpnI and SpnR, involved in AI-1-quorum sensing system of Serratia marcescens strain H30 were cloned and localized using specific primers (5'-CTTGAACTGTTTGACGTCAGC-3' and 5'-AGCGGCCAGGTAATAACTGA-3', 5'-GCCTTCAATGAAAATCAGACC-..
- Serratia marcescens ShlA pore-forming toxin is responsible for early induction of autophagy in host cells and is transcriptionally regulated by RcsBGisela Di Venanzio
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario IBR CONICET, Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Rosario, Argentina
Infect Immun 82:3542-54. 2014b>Serratia marcescens is a Gram-negative bacterium that thrives in a wide variety of ambient niches and interacts with an ample range of hosts...
- Hyperproduction of inhibitor-susceptible TEM beta-lactamase is responsible for resistance of Serratia marcescens to beta-lactam-beta-lactamase inhibitor combinationsWei Hua Zhao
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Showa University Hospital, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Chemotherapy 54:31-7. 2008Some clinical isolates of Serratia marcescens showed high-level resistance to expanded-spectrum cephalosporins alone and in combination with beta-lactamase inhibitor, but the beta-lactamase extracted from these strains was sensitive to ..
- Fundamental factors affecting upper-room ultraviolet germicidal irradiation - part I. ExperimentalMelvin First
Harvard School of Public Health Department of Environmental Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 4:321-31. 2007..Nebulized Serratia marcescens, Bacillus subtilis spores, and vaccinia virus were used as test aerosols...
- Studies on growth kinetics of Serratia marcescens VITSD2 and optimization of fermentation conditions for serratiopeptidase productionDevi C Subathra
Industrial Biotechnology Division, School of Biosciences and Technology, VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Antiinflamm Antiallergy Agents Med Chem 13:88-92. 2014..The main focus of the current study was to optimize the culture conditions of Serratia marcescens VITSD2 for the mass production of serratiopeptidase...
- Is crab duplex-specific nuclease a member of the Serratia family of non-specific nucleases?Veronika E Anisimova
Shemiakin and Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry RAS, Miklukho Maklaya 16 10, 117871 Moscow, Russia
Gene 418:41-8. 2008..beta-beta-alpha metal finger (bba-Me-finger) nucleases, the archetype of which is the nuclease from Serratia marcescens. Although the enzyme under investigation seems to belong to the family of S...
- Magnetic steering control of multi-cellular bio-hybrid microswimmersRika Wright Carlsen
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Lab Chip 14:3850-9. 2014..The demonstrated microswimmers consist of multiple Serratia marcescens (S. marcescens) bacteria attached to a 6 μm-diameter superparamagnetic bead...
- Pathogenicity of pan-drug-resistant Serratia marcescens harbouring blaNDM-1Teresa M Gruber
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Infection Control, Hospital of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 70:1026-30. 2015To characterize a pan-drug-resistant Serratia marcescens clinical isolate carrying the New Delhi metallo-β-lactamase (NDM)-1.
- [Life-threatening necrotizing fasciitis colli caused by Serratia marcescens]M Meisel
Klinik für Hals Nasen Ohrenheilkunde, Kopf und Halschirurgie, Plastische Operationen, Phoniatrie und Padaudiologie, Städtische Kliniken Neuss, Lukaskrankenhaus GmbH, Preussenstrasse 84, 41456, Neuss
HNO 57:1071-4. 2009..Microbiological analysis revealed Serratia marcescens, thus allowing targeted and ultimately successful antibiotic therapy...
- Steady-state pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin/tazobactam administered by prolonged infusion in hospitalised patientsKatherine M Shea
Clarian Health Partners, Inc, Methodist Hospital, Department of Pharmacy, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 34:429-33. 2009..1+/-1.2 h, 22.1+/-4.0 L and 8.6+/-3.0 L/h, respectively. The CFR was > 90% for Escherichia coli, Serratia marcescens and Citrobacter spp., 88.6% for Enterobacter spp., 87% for Klebsiella pneumoniae, 85...
- Wolbachia-mediated antibacterial protection and immune gene regulation in DrosophilaZhee Sheen Wong
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e25430. 2011..five different Wolbachia strains were challenged with the pathogenic bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa PA01, Serratia marcescens and Erwinia carotovora and mortality compared to paired lines without Wolbachia...
- Collective motion of spherical bacteriaAmit Rabani
Zuckerberg Institute for Water Research, The Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Sede Boqer Campus, Midreshet Ben Gurion, Israel
PLoS ONE 8:e83760. 2013..Here we show that the spherical motile bacteria Serratia marcescens exhibit robust collective dynamics and correlated coherent motion while grown in suspensions...
- (1)H, (13)C and (15)N resonance assignments of the periplasmic signalling domain of HasR, a TonB-dependent outer membrane heme transporterIdir Malki
Institut Pasteur, Unité de RMN des Biomolécules, Departement de Biologie Structurale et Chimie, 28, rue du Dr Roux, 75724, Paris Cedex 15, France
Biomol NMR Assign 7:43-6. 2013..Here we report the backbone and side chain resonance assignments of the signalling domain of HasR, a TonB-dependent outer membrane heme transporter from Serratia marcescens as a first step towards its structural study.
- Perchlorate reduction by an isolated Serratia marcescens strain under high salt and extreme pHAnupama Vijaya Nadaraja
Environmental Technology, CSIR National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, India
FEMS Microbiol Lett 339:117-21. 2013An isolated Serratia marcescens strain exhibited growth-coupled perchlorate (ClO4 -) reduction under anoxic conditions. Perchlorate was reduced completely with stoichiometric chloride buildup and equimolar acetate consumption...
- Seasonal activity of millipedes (Diplopoda)--their economic and medical significanceGrzegorz Kania
Chair and Department of Biology and Parasitology, Medical University, Lublin, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 19:646-50. 2012..The millipede Cylindroiulus caeruleocinctus transmits Citrobacter freundii, Pantoea agglomerans, Serratia marcescens, Raoultella planticola, Salmonella arizonae...
- Differential distribution of plasmid-mediated quinolone resistance genes in clinical enterobacteria with unusual phenotypes of quinolone susceptibility from ArgentinaPatricia Andres
Servicio Antimicrobianos, Departamento de Bacteriologia, Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Infecciosas ANLIS Dr Carlos G Malbran, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:2467-75. 2013..Second, the species associated with hospital-acquired infections (Enterobacter spp., Klebsiella spp., and Serratia marcescens) mainly harbored qnrB10 in ISCR1-containing class 1 integrons that may also have aac(6')-Ib-cr as a ..
- Novel highly thermostable endolysin from Thermus scotoductus MAT2119 bacteriophage Ph2119 with amino acid sequence similarity to eukaryotic peptidoglycan recognition proteinsMagdalena Plotka
Department of Microbiology, University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Appl Environ Microbiol 80:886-95. 2014..e., Escherichia coli (34%), Serratia marcescens (28%), Pseudomonas fluorescens (13%), and Salmonella enterica serovar Panama (10%)...
- Lufenuron suppresses the resistance of Formosan subterranean termites (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae) to entomopathogenic bacteriaCai Wang
Department of Entomology, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, 404 Life Sciences Bldg, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Econ Entomol 106:1812-8. 2013..was exposed to each of the three entomopathogenic bacteria, Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Schroeter) Migula, Serratia marcescens Bizio, and Bacillus thuringiensis Berliner subsp. israelensis...
- Structure of the T6SS lipoprotein TssJ1 from Pseudomonas aeruginosaCraig S Robb
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Victoria, PO Box 3055 STN CSC, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 3P6, Canada
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 69:607-10. 2013..Two representative structures of one highly conserved component, TssJ, from Escherichia coli and Serratia marcescens have been published. Here, the X-ray crystal structure of TssJ1 from P. aeruginosa is presented at 1...
- Coexpression of the pyrroloquinoline quinone and glucose dehydrogenase genes from Serratia marcescens CTM 50650 conferred high mineral phosphate-solubilizing ability to Escherichia coliMounira Ben Farhat
Laboratoire de Microorganismes et de Biomolécules, Centre de Biotechnologie de Sfax, Universite de Sfax, Route de Sidi Mansour Km 6, BP 1177, 3018 Sfax, Tunisia
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 170:1738-50. 2013..its pyrroloquinoline quinone cofactor were cloned from the mineral phosphate-solubilizing (MPS) bacterium Serratia marcescens CTM 50650...
- Effects of lipid emulsion and multivitamins on the growth of microorganisms in peripheral parenteral nutrition solutionsTakashi Kuwahara
1 Research and Development Center, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc, 115 Tateiwa, Naruto, Tokushima 772 8601, Japan
Int J Med Sci 10:1079-84. 2013Blood stream infections caused by Bacillus cereus or Serratia marcescens in patients receiving peripheral parenteral nutrition (PPN) have occasionally been reported in Japan, but these microorganisms are not major causes of blood stream ..
- A fibrinolytic, alkaline and thermostable metalloprotease from the newly isolated Serratia sp RSPB11P Lakshmi Bhargavi
Bioengineering and Environmental Centre, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Tarnaka, Hyderabad 500607, India
Int J Biol Macromol 61:479-86. 2013..of metalloprotease (serralysin) with fibrin and fibrinogenolytic property, from the newly isolated Serratia marcescens RSPB11...
- Quantum mechanics/molecular mechanics modeling of substrate-assisted catalysis in family 18 chitinases: conformational changes and the role of Asp142 in catalysis in ChiBJitrayut Jitonnom
Computational Simulation and Modeling Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Biochemistry 50:4697-711. 2011..Here, we have modeled the first step of the chitin hydrolysis catalyzed by Serratia marcescens chitinase B for the first time using a combined quantum mechanics/molecular mechanics approach...
- Identification of a Serratia marcescens virulence factor that promotes hemolymph bleeding in the silkworm, Bombyx moriKenichi Ishii
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Invertebr Pathol 117:61-7. 2014Injection of culture supernatant of Serratia marcescens, a Gram-negative bacterium pathogenic to a wide range of host animals including insects and mammals, into the hemolymph of silkworm (Bombyx mori) larvae led to continuous flow of ..
- Outbreak of neonatal infection by an endemic clone of Serratia marcescensKarla Valeria Batista Lima
Bacteriology and Mycology Section, Evandro Chagas Institute, Ananindeua, PA, Brazil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 44:106-9. 2011The outbreak occurred between February and June 2006 and included identification of the cases, analysis of medical records, cultures from environmental sources, resistance analyses and genotyping profile of Serratia marcescens.
- Long-term evolution of multiple outbreaks of Serratia marcescens bacteremia in a neonatal intensive care unitJennifer Villa
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:1298-300. 2012The annual incidence of Serratia marcescens bacteremia in a neonatal intensive care unit increased significantly between 2002 and 2010. Molecular epidemiology studies revealed that 8 clones were responsible for 85.2% of cases...
- Mo (VI) reduction to molybdenum blue by Serratia marcescens strain Dr.Y9Shukor Mohd Yunus
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University Putra Malaysia, UPM 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Pol J Microbiol 58:141-7. 2009....
- Biochemical analysis of TssK, a core component of the bacterial Type VI secretion system, reveals distinct oligomeric states of TssK and identifies a TssK-TssFG subcomplexGrant English
Division of Molecular Microbiology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, U K
Biochem J 461:291-304. 2014..the present study, we investigated a conserved component of the T6SS, TssK, using the antibacterial T6SS of Serratia marcescens as a model system. TssK was confirmed to be essential for effector secretion by the T6SS...
- Health evaluation and survey of zoonotic pathogens in free-ranging capybaras (Hydrochoerus hydrochaeris)Rosely Gioia Di Chiacchio
1 Laboratory of Wildlife Comparative Pathology LAPCOM, Department of Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, University of Sao Paulo, Avenida Professor Orlando Marques de Paiva 87, 05508 270, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Wildl Dis 50:496-504. 2014..35%), Enterococcus faecalis (35%), Enterobacter aerogenes (32%), Klebisella pneumoniae (32%), and Serratia marcescens (32%). No potentially pathogenic fungi were cultured from hair samples...
- Motility enhancement of bacteria actuated microstructures using selective bacteria adhesionSung Jun Park
School of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Korea
Lab Chip 10:1706-11. 2010..Our experiments aim to determine whether a bioactuator using the flagellated bacteria Serratia marcescens would enhance the motility of microrobots...
- Microbial production of 2,3-butanediol by a surfactant (serrawettin)-deficient mutant of Serratia marcescens H30Liaoyuan Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, New World Institute of Biotechnology, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, People s Republic of China
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 37:857-62. 2010Serrawettin W1 produced by Serratia marcescens is a surface-active exolipid resulting in a lot foam formation during the 2,3-butanediol (2,3-BD) fermentation process...
- Evaluation of an automated rapid diagnostic assay for detection of Gram-negative bacteria and their drug-resistance genes in positive blood culturesMasayoshi Tojo
Disease Control and Prevention Center, Research Institute, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Tokyo, Japan Department of Infectious Diseases, Research Institute, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e94064. 2014..11/11); Enterobacter spp. (29/30); Klebsiella pneumoniae (62/72); Pseudomonas aeruginosa (124/125); and Serratia marcescens (18/21); respectively...
- Bacterial lipopolysaccharides variably modulate in vitro biofilm formation of Candida speciesH M H N Bandara
Oral Biosciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, 5 F Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong SAR
J Med Microbiol 59:1225-34. 2010..The effect of the LPS of Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Serratia marcescens and Salmonella typhimurium on six different species of Candida, comprising Candida albicans ATCC 90028, ..
- NMR spectroscopy and computational analysis of interaction between Serratia marcescens chitinase B and a dipeptide derived from natural-product cyclopentapeptide chitinase inhibitor argifinHiroaki Gouda
School of Pharmacy, Kitasato University, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 18:5835-44. 2010..a part of the natural-product cyclopentapeptide chitinase inhibitor argifin (1), inhibits chitinase B from Serratia marcescens (SmChiB) with a half-maximal inhibitory concentration (IC(50)) of 3.7 microM...
- Outbreak of meropenem-resistant Serratia marcescens comediated by chromosomal AmpC beta-lactamase overproduction and outer membrane protein lossBorum Suh
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Research Institute of Bacterial Resistance, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 120 752, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:5057-61. 2010The aim of this study was to investigate the mechanisms involved in the meropenem resistance of Serratia marcescens clinical isolates. Meropenem-resistant (MIC range, 16 to 32 μg/ml) S...
- Nematicidal activity of microbial pigment from Serratia marcescensSuryawanshi Rahul
a School of Life Sciences, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon, Maharashtra 425001, India
Nat Prod Res 28:1399-404. 2014..Bioactivity of the pigment extracted from Serratia marcescens was screened for controlling nematodes at their juvenile stage...
- Serratia marcescens outbreak in a neonatal intensive care unit related to the exit port of an oscillatorTracy M Macdonald
Department of Infection Prevention and Control Services, IWK Health Center, Halifax, Canada
Pediatr Crit Care Med 12:e282-6. 2011To interrupt transmission of Serratia marcescens colonization in a neonatal intensive care unit and determine the source of ongoing transmission.
- QM/MM free-energy simulations of reaction in Serratia marcescens Chitinase B reveal the protonation state of Asp142 and the critical role of Tyr214Jitrayut Jitonnom
Division of Chemistry, School of Science, University of Phayao, Phayao 56000, Thailand
J Phys Chem B 118:4771-83. 2014b>Serratia marcescens Chitinase B (ChiB), belonging to the glycosidase family 18 (GH18), catalyzes the hydrolysis of β-1,4-glycosidic bond, with retention of configuration, via an unusual substrate-assisted mechanism, in which the ..
- The use of meconia to nondestructively detect sublethal infections in heliothines (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)G D Inglis
Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology, Mississippi State, MS 39762, USA
J Econ Entomol 96:272-9. 2003..bollworm [Helicoverpa zea (Boddie)] larvae were inoculated with cytoplasmic polyhedrosis virus (CPV), Serratia marcescens Bizio, or Nosema heliothidis Lutz and Splendor, and the presence of each of the entomopathogens in adults ..
- ENZYMOLOGY OF ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCERichard Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2009..Plasmid encoded versions of FosA and FosX have been found in multi-drug resistant plasmids Serratia marcescens and P. putida...
- Toll like receptors in bacterial keratitisEric Pearlman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Proposed experiments will also examine TLR responses to Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Serratia marcescens, which cause bacterial keratitis...
- Novel virulence and exoenzyme regulatorsROBERT M SHANKS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Bacterial keratitis is a costly and global problem that results in vision loss and blindness, and Serratia marcescens is a leading agent of community-acquired Gram-negative bacterial keratitis. S...
- Characterization of Hemolysin A from Proteus mirabilisTodd Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2004..for the secretion of large exoproteins, including the Ca2+-independent cytolysins/hemolyins from Serratia marcescens, Edwardsiella tarda, Yersinia pestis and Proteus mirabilis...
- Novel anti-bacterial therapy for gram negative pneumoniaKanneganti Murthy; Fiscal Year: 2001..strategies that target the N-terminal domain of flagellin reduce mortality in LD9O-100 murine models of Serratia marcescens induced acute pneumonia to less than 10 percent...
- HPMB AS A MODEL FOR HEMOLYSIN SECRETION/ACTIVATIONTIMOTHY UPHOFF; Fiscal Year: 1999..Proteins related to HpmA and B have been identified as virulence factors among other species of Proteus, Serratia marcescens and a variety of other gram-negative bacterial pathogens...
- EVOLUTION AND REGULATION OF MERCURIAL RESISTANCE GENESTAPAN MISRA; Fiscal Year: 1992..The regulatory genes from the broad spectrum mercurial resistance operons of the Serratia marcescens plasmid pDU1358 and Staphylococcus aureus plasmid pI258 will be cloned into a hyperexpression vector (pI258)..
- Evolutionary Genomics of Anti-Malaria Genes in MosquitoBrian P Lazzaro; Fiscal Year: 2010..Evolutionary patterns in mosquito defense genes will be used to identify proteins that coevolve with malaria parasites. This work may suggest genetic targets that could be manipulated to limit malaria transmission. ..
- Gene expression in commensal tsetse symbiontsBrian Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..These 'paratransgenic' flies and their offspring will then be monitored for changes in fitness, stability of recombinant protein expression and trypanosome vectorial capacity. ..
- Campylobacter jejuni DNA methylation and gene regulationStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim 3. Elucidate the upstream factors and signals controlling Cj1461 and Cj0355 expression to reveal the entire regulatory circuit. ..
- Campylobacter jejuni proteins induced at 37CStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2007..jejuni proteins that are induced at 37C.Specific Aim 3. Elucidate the roles of specific 37C-induced proteins in human epithelial cell binding and invasion in vitro, and in colonization in a mouse model. ..
- Susceptibility Testing, Treatment Choices, and Outcomes of MDR-GNB InfectionsLisa Maragakis; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research is designed to better understand how providers use information from various microbiology laboratory testing methods to choose treatments and to identify strategies that lead to the best patient outcomes. ..
- CAMPYLOBACTER FETUS SURFACE LAYER PROTEIN SECRETIONStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2002..coli. They will use deletion and mutational analyses to define the C. fetus SapA C-terminal secretion signal. The ability of the SapA secretion to mediate the transport of normally non-secreted proteins also will be assessed. ..
- Campylobacter jejuni outer membrane protein vaccineStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. We will determine whether immunization of mice with conserved, purified recombinant OMPs protects against subsequent experimental C. jejuni infection. ..
- Prevention of Healthcare-Associated Drug-Resistant GNRLisa Maragakis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Maragakis with the skills she needs to develop into an independent clinical investigator in epidemiologic research for the prevention of healthcare-associated infections. ..