Genomes and Genes
Alias: "Bacillus marcescens" (Bizio 1823) Trevisan in de Toni and Trevisan 1889, Bacillus marcescens, Serratia marcescens Bizio 1823, Pantoea sp. NAB7
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- [Post-marketing surveillance of antibacterial activities of cefozopran against various clinical isolates--II. Gram-negative bacteria]Jun Igari
Department of Clinical Pathology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine
Jpn J Antibiot 55:22-60. 2002..n = 192), Klebsiella oxytoca (n = 157), Enterobacter cloacae (n = 189), Enterobacter aerogenes (n = 93), Serratia marcescens (n = 172), Serratia liquefaciens (n = 24), Citrobacter freundii (n = 177), Citrobacter koseri (n = 70), ..
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of respiratory isolates of Enterobacteriaceae and Staphylococcus aureus in Italy: incidence and trends over the period 1997-1999R Fontana
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Italy
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 20:854-63. 2001..n=870), Escherichia coli (n=684), Enterobacter cloacae (n=342), Enterobacter aerogenes (n=187) and Serratia marcescens (n=135) as well as the MICs of 11 antibiotics against isolates of Staphylococcus aureus (n=1,606)...
- Analysis of polar lipids from some representative enterobacteria, Plesiomonas and Acinetobacter by fast atom bombardment-mass spectrometryH S Aluyi
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Manchester Dental School, UK
J Appl Bacteriol 73:426-32. 1992..Morganella morganii, Plesiomonas shigelloides, Proteus mirabilis (3 strains), Serratia liquefaciens and Serratia marcescens. Negative-ion spectra provide data for twenty-seven major carboxylate anions (m/z 209-325) and for thirty-..
- Use of microdilution panels with and without beta-lactamase inhibitors as a phenotypic test for beta-lactamase production among Escherichia coli, Klebsiella spp., Enterobacter spp., Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescensK S Thomson
Center for Research in Anti Infectives and Biotechnology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1393-400. 1999..pneumoniae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens possessing well-characterized beta-lactamases...
- Antibacterial activity of BMS-180680, a new catechol-containing monobactamJ Fung-Tomc
Department of Microbiology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492, USA Joan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:1010-6. 1997..5 microg/ml for Escherichia coli, Klebsiella spp., Citrobacter diversus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Serratia marcescens, Proteus spp., and Providencia spp...
- Bacterial lipopolysaccharides variably modulate in vitro biofilm formation of Candida speciesH M H N Bandara
Oral Biosciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, 5 F Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong SAR
J Med Microbiol 59:1225-34. 2010..The effect of the LPS of Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Serratia marcescens and Salmonella typhimurium on six different species of Candida, comprising Candida albicans ATCC 90028, ..
- Natural antibiotic susceptibility of strains of Serratia marcescens and the S. liquefaciens complex: S. liquefaciens sensu stricto, S. proteamaculans and S. grimesiiI Stock
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Immunologie, Pharmazeutische Mikrobiologie, Universitat Bonn, Meckenheimer Allee 168, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
Int J Antimicrob Agents 22:35-47. 2003The natural susceptibility of 77 strains of Serratia marcescens and 41 strains of the S. liquefaciens complex (S. liquefaciens sensu stricto (n=21), S. grimesii (n=10), S...
- Relationships between antimicrobial use and antimicrobial resistance in Gram-negative bacteria causing nosocomial infections from 1991-2003 at a university hospital in TaiwanPo Ren Hsueh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, 7, Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:463-72. 2005..Disk susceptibility data of Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterobacter cloacae, Serratia marcescens, Proteus spp., Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter spp...
- [Studies on respiratory infections in primary care clinic (IV). Antibiotic sensitivity of bacteria isolated from patients with respiratory infections visiting 21 private clinics in the Tohoku District of Japan]A Watanabe
Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:1220-31. 1990..of Escherichia coli, 66 strains of Klebsiella pneumoniae, 26 strains of Enterobacter cloacae, 20 strains of Serratia marcescens, 12 strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and 42 strains of Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, isolated from the ..
- The in-vitro antimicrobial activity of some medicinal plants against beta-lactam-resistant bacteriaJoseph Gangoue-Pieboji
Centre for Research on Medicinal Plants and Traditional Medicine, Institute of Medical Research and Medicinal Plant Studies, Yaounde, Cameroon
J Infect Dev Ctries 3:671-80. 2009..In effort to identify novel bacterial agents, this study was initiated to evaluate the antimicrobial properties of 17 crude extracts from 12 medicinal plants against beta-lactam-resistant bacteria...
- Prevalence and diversity of qnr alleles in AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii and Serratia marcescens: a multicentre study from KoreaYeon Joon Park
Department of Clinical Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Ku, Seoul 137 701, Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:868-71. 2007..To investigate the prevalence of qnr determinants, their influence on quinolone susceptibility and their association with other plasmid-mediated genes in AmpC-producing Enterobacteriaceae without any selection criteria...
- [Clinical laboratory approach for estimating the effective administrative dose of latamoxef. Significance of a 4-category system interpretation of the latamoxef disc susceptibility test]T Uete
Department of Clinical Investigation, Kitano Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 40:1906-16. 1987..56 micrograms/ml. LMOX was less active against Serratia marcescens, inhibiting about 43% of strains at a level of 6.25 micrograms/ml...
- Nucleotide sequence of the Serratia marcescens threonine operon and analysis of the threonine operon mutations which alter feedback inhibition of both aspartokinase I and homoserine dehydrogenase IK Omori
Research Laboratory of Applied Biochemistry, Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
J Bacteriol 175:785-94. 1993The nucleotide sequence of the Serratia marcescens threonine operon (thrA1A2BC) was determined...
- Serratia type pore forming toxinsR Hertle
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Bethesda, MD, USA
Curr Protein Pept Sci 1:75-89. 2000The Serratia marcescens hemolysin represents a new type of hemolysin and has been studied in great molecular detail with regard to structure, activation and secretion. It has nothing in common with the pore forming toxins of E...
- Evaluation of Phoenix Automated Microbiology System for detecting extended-spectrum beta-lactamases among chromosomal AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescensYeon Joon Park
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Ku, Seoul 137 701, Korea
Ann Clin Lab Sci 37:75-8. 2007..among chromosomal AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens. The study was conducted on 72 non-repetitive ESBL producers (33 E. cloacae, 13 E. aerogenes, 14 C...
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in community and private health care centersCorinne Arpin
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Universite de Bordeaux 2, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3506-14. 2003..pneumoniae isolates; 6 Escherichia coli isolates; 3 Proteus mirabilis isolates; and 1 isolate each of Serratia marcescens, Morganella morganii, and Providencia stuartii...
- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis causing Serratia marcescens and Proteus mirabilis ventriculoperitoneal shunt infection. Case reportLuis M Tumialan
Department of Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Neurosurg 105:320-4. 2006..Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) cultures grew Serratia marcescens and Proteus mirabilis...
- Production, characterization, cloning and sequence analysis of a monofunctional catalase from Serratia marcescens SYBC08Hua Wei Zeng
The Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology, Ministry of Education, School of Biotechnology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
J Basic Microbiol 51:205-14. 2011A monofunctional catalase from Serratia marcescens SYBC08 produced by liquid state fermentation in 7 liter fermenter was isolated and purified by ammonium sulfate precipitation (ASP), ion exchange chromatography (IEC), and gel filtration ..
- Serratia marcescens infection associated with early abortion in cows and buffaloesA M Das
Department of Bacteriology, Bombay Veterinary College, Parel, India
Epidemiol Infect 101:143-9. 1988b>Serratia marcescens was isolated in pure culture from cases of septic abortion in 4 cows on one farm and 10 buffaloes on two other farms...
- Molecular epidemiology of ceftazidime resistant Enterobacteriaceae from patients on a paediatric oncology wardL C Hibbert-Rogers
Department of Microbiology, University of Leeds, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 36:65-82. 1995..and 1 Serratia marcescens. Clinical isolates were resistant to penicillins and to ceftazidime...
- Convenient test using a combination of chelating agents for detection of metallo-beta-lactamases in the clinical laboratorySoo Young Kim
Center for Research in Anti Infectives and Biotechnology, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University School of Medicine, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:2798-801. 2007..Sixteen isolates (4 Acinetobacter baumannii isolates, 6 Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates, 1 Serratia marcescens isolate, 1 Aeromonas hydrophila isolate, 1 Aeromonas veronii isolate, 2 Chryseobacterium meningosepticum ..
- Isolation and sequence analysis of rpoH genes encoding sigma 32 homologs from gram negative bacteria: conserved mRNA and protein segments for heat shock regulationK Nakahigashi
HSP Research Institute, Kyoto Research Park, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 23:4383-90. 1995..sequenced from five gram negative proteobacteria (gamma or alpha subgroup): Enterobacter cloacae (gamma), Serratia marcescens (gamma), Proteus mirabilis (gamma), Agrobacterium tumefaciens (alpha) and Zymomonas mobilis (alpha)...
- Eggshell factors influencing eggshell penetration and whole egg contamination by different bacteria, including Salmonella enteritidisK De Reu
Department of Animal Product Quality and Transformation Technology, Agricultural Research Centre Ghent, Ministry of the Flemish Community, Brusselsesteenweg 370, 9090 Melle, Belgium
Int J Food Microbiol 112:253-60. 2006..b>Serratia marcescens, Carnobacterium sp., Pseudomonas sp. and Salmonella enteritidis, recovered from egg contents, were studied...
- A novel class A extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (BES-1) in Serratia marcescens isolated in BrazilR Bonnet
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Faculte de Medecine, 63001 Clermont Ferrand cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:3061-8. 2000b>Serratia marcescens Rio-5, one of 18 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing strains isolated in several hospitals in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) in 1996 and 1997, exhibited a high level of resistance to aztreonam (MIC, 512 ..
- In vitro activity of Ro 23-9424, a dual-action cephalosporin, compared with activities of other antibioticsJ W Gu
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 34:189-95. 1990..It inhibited the majority of members of the family Enterobacteriaceae, except for some Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter freundii, and Enterobacter cloacae strains, at less than or equal to 0...
- [A methodological study on testing and evaluating of filtration efficiency of canister against microbial aerosol]Zhan bo Wen
State Key Laboratory of Pathogen and Biosecurity, Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, National Research Center for Bio protection Equipment, Beijing 100071, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 43:686-9. 2009..To establish a testing and evaluating method for filtration efficiency of the canister against microbial aerosol...
- Evaluation of a new generation of plastic culture bottles with an automated microbial detection system for nine common contaminating organisms found in PLT componentsM E Brecher
Transfusion Medicine Service, CB 7600, University of North Carolina Hospitals, 101 Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Transfusion 44:359-63. 2004..The recovery of nine organisms seeded into PLTs with new plastic culture bottles was studied in comparison to the current glass bottles. The use of plastic instead of glass would be expected to reduce the risk of injury...
- Temporal association of entomopathogenic nematodes (Rhabditida: Steinernematidae and Heterorhabditidae) and bacteriaDawn H Gouge
University of Arizona, MAC, 37860 West Smith Enke Road, Phoenix, AZ 85239, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 91:147-57. 2006..Pseudomonas fluorescens type C, Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia proteomaculans...
- Evaluation of an automated culture system for detecting bacterial contamination of platelets: an analysis with 15 contaminating organismsM E Brecher
University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514, USA
Transfusion 41:477-82. 2001..Approximately 1 in 2000 platelet components are bacterially contaminated. The time to detection of 15 seeded organisms in platelets recovered from an automated culture system was studied...
- Significant improvement of Serratia marcescens lipase fermentation, by optimizing medium, induction, and oxygen supplyZhang De Long
Laboratory of Biocatalysis and Bioprocessing, State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, 130 Meilong Road, Shanghai, 200237, People s Republic of China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 142:148-57. 2007Production of an extracellular lipase from Serratia marcescens ECU1010, which is an industrially important biocatalyst for the stereospecific synthesis of Diltiazem precursor, was carefully optimized in both shake flasks and a fermenter, ..
- A multistate outbreak of Serratia marcescens bloodstream infection associated with contaminated intravenous magnesium sulfate from a compounding pharmacyRebecca H Sunenshine
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Arizona Dept of Health Services, 150 N 18th Ave, Ste 150, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:527-33. 2007..In 2005, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention received reports of cases of Serratia marcescens bloodstream infection occurring in patients who underwent cardiac surgical procedures in Los Angeles, ..
- Emergence of Serratia marcescens, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Escherichia coli Isolates possessing the plasmid-mediated carbapenem-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase KPC-2 in intensive care units of a Chinese hospitalJia Chang Cai
2nd Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University, 88 Jiefang Rd, Hangzhou, China 310009
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:2014-8. 2008Twenty-one Serratia marcescens, ten Klebsiella pneumoniae, and one Escherichia coli isolate with carbapenem resistance or reduced carbapenem susceptibility were recovered from intensive care units (ICUs) in our hospital...
- Utilization of mucus from the coral Acropora palmata by the pathogen Serratia marcescens and by environmental and coral commensal bacteriaCory J Krediet
University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:3851-8. 2009..commensal bacteria ("Photobacterium mandapamensis" and Halomonas meridiana) and by opportunistic Serratia marcescens pathogens. S...
- Purification and partial characterization of psychrotrophic Serratia marcescens lipaseAdham M Abdou
Department of Food Hygiene, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Benha University, Moshtohor 13736 Kaliobyia, Egypt
J Dairy Sci 86:127-32. 2003b>Serratia marcescens isolated from raw milk was found to produce extracellular lipase. The growth of this organism could contribute to flavor defects in milk and dairy products...
- Pathogenic capacity of proteases from Serratia marcescens and Pseudomonas aeruginosa and their suppression by chicken egg white ovomacroglobulinA Molla
Department of Microbiology, Kumamoto University Medical School, Japan
Infect Immun 55:2509-17. 1987The pathogenicities of three proteases from Serratia marcescens, two proteases from Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and one thermolysin from Bacillus stearothermophilus were examined...
- Characterization of an exochitinase from Epiphyas postvittana nucleopolyhedrovirus (family Baculoviridae)Vivienne L Young
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Gen Virol 86:3253-61. 2005..Homology modelling of the chitinase of Epiphyas postvittana nucleopolyhedrovirus (EppoNPV) against Serratia marcescens chitinase A indicated that the enzyme possesses an N-terminal polycystic kidney 1 (PKD1) domain for chitin-..
- Kinetic analysis of growth rate, ATP, and pigmentation suggests an energy-spilling function for the pigment prodigiosin of Serratia marcescensPryce L Haddix
Department of Biology, Auburn University Montgomery, P O Box 244023, Montgomery, AL 36124 4023, USA
J Bacteriol 190:7453-63. 2008b>Serratia marcescens is a gram-negative environmental bacterium and opportunistic pathogen. S. marcescens expresses prodigiosin, a bright red and cell-associated pigment which has no known biological function for producing cells...
- Infectious crystalline keratopathy caused by Serratia marcescensChing Long Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cornea 26:1011-3. 2007..To report the case of a 70-year-old woman with Serratia infectious crystalline keratopathy...
- [Isolation and characterization of Serratia marcescens phage]Long Yu
State Research Center for Bio protective Equipment and Engineering Technology, State Key Laboratory of Pathogen and Biosecurity, Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100071, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 48:498-502. 2008To isolate the bacteriophage of Serratia marcescens (8039) from sewage, and to study on its biological characteristics.
- In vitro and in vivo antibacterial activities of E-4868, a new fluoroquinolone with a 7-azetidin ring substituentJ Guinea
Department of Sanitary Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 37:868-74. 1993..03 and 1 microgram/ml were observed, with the exception of those against Serratia marcescens and Providencia spp., and a MIC90 of 2 micrograms/ml against Pseudomonas aeruginosa was obtained...
- Ceftazidime combined with mecillinam: serum bactericidal titres compared with in-vitro synergy against gram-negative bacilliP Van der Auwera
Service de Medecine, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
J Antimicrob Chemother 21:745-53. 1988..Ten strains each of Klebsiella pneumoniae, Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter freundii, Salmonella spp. and Yersinia spp. and nine strains each of Acinetobacter spp...
- Activity domains of the TonB proteinI Traub
Mikrobiologie II, Universitat Tubingen, Germany
Mol Microbiol 8:409-23. 1993..Differences in the activities of the Escherichia coli and the Serratia marcescens TonB proteins were used to identify TonB functional domains. In E...
- Illness-induced anorexia and its possible function in the caterpillar, Manduca sextaShelley A Adamo
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Brain Behav Immun 21:292-300. 2007..Injecting Manduca sexta larvae (caterpillars) with live bacteria (Serratia marcescens), heat-killed bacteria or bacterial lipopolysaccharides resulted in a decline in feeding, demonstrating ..
- Production, purification and characterization of a 50-kDa extracellular metalloprotease from Serratia marcescensP R Salamone
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, University of Central Florida, Orlando 32816 2360, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 48:317-24. 1997The extracellular metalloprotease (SMP 6.1) produced by a soil isolate of Serratia marcescens NRRL B-23112 was purified and characterized. SMP 6...
- A novel medium for the enhanced cell growth and production of prodigiosin from Serratia marcescens isolated from soilAnuradha V Giri
Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai 600025, India
BMC Microbiol 4:11. 2004Prodigiosin produced by Serratia marcescens is a promising drug owing to its reported characteristics of having antifungal, immunosuppressive and antiproliferative activity...
- (123)I-Labeled chitinase as specific radioligand for in vivo detection of fungal infections in miceRien Siaens
Laboratory of Radiopharmacy, Gent University, Gent, Belgium
J Nucl Med 45:1209-16. 2004..ChiB_E144Q (ChiB = chitinase B) from Serratia marcescens was labeled with (123)I, and in vitro and in vivo studies were assessed.
- Characterization of the mineral phosphate solubilizing activity of Serratia marcescens CTM 50650 isolated from the phosphate mine of GafsaMounira Ben Farhat
Laboratoire d Enzymes et de Metabolites des Procaryotes LEMP, Centre de Biotechnologie de Sfax, Route de Sidi Mansour Km 6, BP 1177, 3018 Sfax, Tunisia
Arch Microbiol 191:815-24. 2009The mineral phosphate solubilizing (MPS) ability of a Serratia marcescens strain, namely CTM 50650, isolated from the phosphate mine of Gafsa, was characterized on a chemically defined medium (NBRIP broth)...
- Prevalence and characteristics of aac(6')-Ib-cr in AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens: a multicenter study from KoreaSoo Young Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, St Vincent s Hospital, Paldal Gu, Suwon, South Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 63:314-8. 2009..A total of 479 clinical isolates of Enterobacter cloacae (179), Citrobacter freundii (134), and Serratia marcescens (166) from 12 laboratories between March and July 2005 were examined...
- Validation of BacT/ALERT plastic culture bottles for use in testing of whole-blood-derived leukoreduced platelet-rich-plasma-derived plateletsM E Brecher
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514, USA
Transfusion 44:1174-8. 2004..This study validated the BacT/ALERT for use in testing pooled PRP-derived PLTs with nine contaminating organisms...
- Occurrence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases among chromosomal AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens in Korea and investigation of screening criteriaYeon Joon Park
Department of Clinical Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, Seoul 137 040, Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 51:265-9. 2005..beta-lactamases (ESBLs) among AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens. The 413 isolates (158 E. cloacae, 126 C. freundii, and 129 S...
- Case-control analysis of endemic Serratia marcescens bacteremia in a neonatal intensive care unitMatthew J Bizzarro
Divisions of Perinatal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8064, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 92:F120-6. 2007b>Serratia marcescens is an opportunistic gram-negative rod which typically infects compromised hosts.
- Novel tetracycline resistance determinant isolated from an environmental strain of Serratia marcescensStuart A Thompson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912 2100, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:2199-206. 2007Resistances to tetracycline and mercury were identified in an environmental strain of Serratia marcescens isolated from a stream highly contaminated with heavy metals...
- The importance of chitobiase and N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) uptake in N,N'-diacetylchitobiose [(GlcNAc)2] utilization by Serratia marcescens 2,170Tadayuki Toratani
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Niigata University, 8050 Ikarashi 2, Niigata 950 2181, Japan
Microbiology 154:1326-32. 2008..GlcNAc)(2)] is the main degradation product from chitin by the action of chitinases of Serratia marcescens 2170...
- Multistate outbreak of Serratia marcescens bloodstream infections caused by contamination of prefilled heparin and isotonic sodium chloride solution syringesDavid Blossom
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:1705-11. 2009To investigate clusters of Serratia marcescens (SM) bloodstream infections (BSIs) at health care facilities in several states and determine whether contaminated prefilled heparin and isotonic sodium chloride solution (hereinafter, saline)..
- Re-evaluation of the serotypes of Serratia marcescens and separation into two schemes based on lipopolysaccharide (O) and capsular polysaccharide (K) antigensH M Aucken
Laboratory of Hospital Infection, Central Public Health Laboratory, London, UK
Microbiology 144:639-53. 1998Chemical and serological analysis has revealed that many of the 29 O serotype reference strains of Serratia marcescens contain both neutral and acidic polysaccharides which correspond to LPS O antigens and capsular K antigens, ..
- Hyperproduction of inhibitor-susceptible TEM beta-lactamase is responsible for resistance of Serratia marcescens to beta-lactam-beta-lactamase inhibitor combinationsWei Hua Zhao
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Showa University Hospital, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Chemotherapy 54:31-7. 2008Some clinical isolates of Serratia marcescens showed high-level resistance to expanded-spectrum cephalosporins alone and in combination with beta-lactamase inhibitor, but the beta-lactamase extracted from these strains was sensitive to ..
- Serratia marcescens internalization and replication in human bladder epithelial cellsRalf Hertle
Microbiology Membranphysiology, University of Tubingen, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 4:16. 2004b>Serratia marcescens, a frequent agent of catheterization-associated bacteriuria, strongly adheres to human bladder epithelial cells in culture...
- Outbreak of Serratia marcescens infections following injection of betamethasone compounded at a community pharmacyRachel Civen
Los Angles County Department of Health Services, Acute Communicable Disease Control Program, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:831-7. 2006In June 2001, following the report of 4 patients with Serratia marcescens meningitis who received epidural injections of betamethasone compounded at a community pharmacy, we initiated an outbreak investigation.
- Effect of chemical and physical parameters on the production of L-asparaginase from a newly isolated Serratia marcescens SK-07A Agarwal
Biochemical Engineering Laboratory, Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, Assam, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 52:307-13. 2011..of carbon and nitrogen sources of the medium in shake flask experiments and evaluate the effect of pH and dissolved oxygen (DO) on the production of L-asparaginase from a newly isolated Serratia marcescens SK-07 in a batch bioreactor.
- Effects of temperature, nutrients, organic matter and coral mucus on the survival of the coral pathogen, Serratia marcescens PDL100Erin E Looney
Department of Environmental Health Science, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
Environ Microbiol 12:2479-85. 2010b>Serratia marcescens is an enteric bacterium that causes white pox disease in elkhorn coral, Acropora palmata; however, it remains unclear if the pathogenic strain has adapted to seawater or if it requires a host or reservoir for survival...
- Morphological and genetic analysis of three bacteriophages of Serratia marcescens isolated from environmental waterKenshi Matsushita
Department of Pediatrics, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 291:201-8. 2009Increases in multidrug-resistant strains of Serratia marcescens are of great concern in pediatrics, especially in neonatal intensive care units...
- SME-type carbapenem-hydrolyzing class A beta-lactamases from geographically diverse Serratia marcescens strainsA M Queenan
The R W Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Raritan, New Jersey 08869, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:3035-9. 2000Three sets of carbapenem-resistant Serratia marcescens isolates have been identified in the United States: 1 isolate in Minnesota in 1985 (before approval of carbapenems for clinical use), 5 isolates in Los Angeles (University of ..
- Zymar (Gatifloxacin 0.3%) shows excellent Gram-negative activity against Serratia marcescens and Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a New Zealand White rabbit keratitis modelFrancis S Mah
Charles T Campbell Ophthalmic Microbiology Laboratory, UPMC Eye Center, Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Research Center, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cornea 26:585-8. 2007..3%), and fortified tobramycin (14 mg/mL) in the treatment of experimental Gram-negative bacterial infections of Serratia marcescens (SM) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA) in the New Zealand White (NZW) rabbit keratitis model.
- Serratia marcescens endophthalmitis associated with intravitreal injections of bevacizumabS H Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Eye (Lond) 24:226-32. 2010To report two cases of Serratia marcescens endophthalmitis related to presumed aliquot drug contamination, and to determine the incidence of acute endophthalmitis after intravitreal injection of bevacizumab.
- Presence of a group II intron in a multiresistant Serratia marcescens strain that harbors three integrons and a novel gene fusionDaniela Centron
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1402-9. 2002..of integrons in the dissemination of antibiotic resistance in a recent multiresistant clinical isolate, Serratia marcescens SCH88050909 (SCH909). This isolate harbors three integrons, all on a 60-kb conjugative plasmid...
- Fluoroquinolone resistance of Serratia marcescens: sucrose, salicylate, temperature, and pH induction of phenotypic resistanceSanela Begic
Department of Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2, Canada
Can J Microbiol 53:1239-45. 2007b>Serratia marcescens is a nosocomial agent with a natural resistance to a broad spectrum of antibiotics, making the treatment of its infections very challenging...
- Serratia marcescens isolated in 2005 from clinical specimens from patients with diminished immunityA Młynarczyk
Department of Medical Microbiology, Warsaw Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
Transplant Proc 39:2879-82. 2007b>Serratia marcescens is an important agent in hospital infections. The aim of this paper was to compare the resistance patterns of S...
- Cold tolerance and plant growth promotion potential of Serratia marcescens strain SRM (MTCC 8708) isolated from flowers of summer squash (Cucurbita pepo)G Selvakumar
Vivekananda Institute of Hill Agriculture, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Almora, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 46:171-5. 2008To determine the cold tolerance and plant growth promotion potential of Serratia marcescens strain SRM (MTCC 8708).
- Enterobacterial common antigen integrity is a checkpoint for flagellar biogenesis in Serratia marcescensMaría E Castelli
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina
J Bacteriol 190:213-20. 2008b>Serratia marcescens strains are ubiquitous bacteria isolated from environmental niches, such as soil, water, and air, and also constitute emergent nosocomial opportunistic pathogens. Among the numerous extracellular factors that S...
- Emergence of antibiotic resistance during therapy for infections caused by Enterobacteriaceae producing AmpC beta-lactamase: implications for antibiotic useSang Ho Choi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:995-1000. 2008Enterobacter spp., Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter freundii, and Morganella morganii are characterized by chromosomally encoded AmpC beta-lactamases and possess the ability to develop resistance upon exposure to broad-spectrum ..
- Chemical structure and immunobiological activity of lipid A from Serratia marcescens LPSYutaka Makimura
Department of Oral Microbiology, Asahi University School of Dentistry, 1851 1 Hozumi, Mizuho, Gifu, Japan
J Med Microbiol 56:1440-6. 2007The chemical structure and immunobiological activities of Serratia marcescens lipid A, an active centre of LPS, were investigated. LPS preparations of S...
- Leishmania (Leishmania) chagasi interactions with Serratia marcescens: ultrastructural studies, lysis and carbohydrate effectsCaroline S Moraes
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Laboratório de Bioquímica e Fisiologia de Insetos, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Avenida Brasil 4354, Manguinhos, CEP 21045 900, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 118:561-8. 2008Studies on the lysis of L. chagasi caused by the bacteria Serratia marcescens were carried out. In vitro experiments demonstrated that S...
- The opportunistic pathogen Serratia marcescens utilizes type VI secretion to target bacterial competitorsSarah L Murdoch
Division of Molecular Microbiology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 193:6057-69. 2011..b>Serratia marcescens is an opportunistic enteric pathogen, a class of bacteria responsible for a significant proportion of ..
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities and bacteriological characteristics of bovine Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Serratia marcescens isolates from mastitisMamoru Ohnishi
Veterinary Clinical Laboratory, Nemuro District Agricultural Mutual Aid Association, Nakashibetsu, Hokkaido 086 1105, Japan
Vet Microbiol 154:202-7. 2011..aeruginosa (MDRP) strains among bovine isolates of Gram-negative bacilli, and O-serotypes of bovine Serratia marcescens and P. aeruginosa isolates have been reported rarely...
- Evaluation of the effect of nutrient ratios on biosurfactant production by Serratia marcescens using a Box-Behnken designT Roldán-Carrillo
Instituto Mexicano del Petroleo, Eje Central Lázaro Cárdenas, Norte 152 Col, San Bartolo Atepehuacan, Del Gustavo A Madero, C P 07730, Mexico, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 86:384-9. 2011The strain SmSA, identified as Serratia marcescens and known as a biosurfactant producer, was isolated from hydrocarbon contaminated soil from Veracruz, México...
- Screening, characterization, and cloning of a solvent-tolerant protease from Serratia marcescens MH6Mao Hua Wan
College of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Engineering, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing, China
J Microbiol Biotechnol 20:881-8. 2010..strain MH6 was isolated by hydrophilic organic solvent DMSO enrichment in medium and identified as Serratia marcescens. The extracellular protease with novel organic-solvent-stable properties from strain MH6 was purified and ..
- The roles of three Serratia marcescens chitinases in chitin conversion are reflected in different thermodynamic signatures of allosamidin bindingJamil Baban
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, P O Box 5003, N 1432 As, Norway
J Phys Chem B 114:6144-9. 2010Binding of allosamidin to the three family 18 chitinases of Serratia marcescens has been studied using isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC)...
- Time-kill assay results for a linalool-hinokitiol-based eyelid cleanser for lid hygieneJeffrey P Gilbard
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Cornea 29:559-63. 2010..eyelid cleanser against Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Moraxella catarrhalis, Escherichia coli, Serratia marcescens, Staphylococcus aureus, methicillin-resistant S...
- Expression and characterization of the chitinases from Serratia marcescens GEI strain for the control of Varroa destructor, a honey bee parasiteShuang Tu
College of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, 510275 Guangzhou, China
J Invertebr Pathol 104:75-82. 2010b>Serratia marcescens GEI strain was isolated from the gut of the workers of Chinese honey bee Apis cerana and evaluated in the laboratory for the control of Varroa destructor, a parasite of western honey bee A. mellifera...
- A novel bifunctional peptidic aspartic protease inhibitor inhibits chitinase A from Serratia marcescens: Kinetic analysis of inhibition and binding affinityAjit Kumar
Division of Biochemical Sciences, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune 411 008, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:526-36. 2010..Here, we report a novel peptidic inhibitor API (Aspartic Protease Inhibitor), isolated from Bacillus licheniformis that inhibits chitinase A (ChiA) from Serratia marcescens.
- Functional differences between heme permeases: Serratia marcescens HemTUV permease exhibits a narrower substrate specificity (restricted to heme) than the Escherichia coli DppABCDF peptide-heme permeaseSylvie Létoffé
Unité des Membranes Bactériennes, Département de Microbiologie Fondamentale et Médicale, Institut Pasteur, CNRS URA 2172, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Bacteriol 190:1866-70. 2008b>Serratia marcescens hemTUV genes encoding a potential heme permease were cloned in Escherichia coli recombinant mutant FB827 dppF::Km(pAM 238-hasR)...
- Mutational upregulation of a resistance-nodulation-cell division-type multidrug efflux pump, SdeAB, upon exposure to a biocide, cetylpyridinium chloride, and antibiotic resistance in Serratia marcescensHideaki Maseda
Institute of Technology and Science, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:5230-5. 2009b>Serratia marcescens is an important opportunistic pathogen in hospitals, where quaternary ammonium compounds are often used for disinfection...
- Severe necrotizing myocarditis caused by serratia marcescens infection in an axolotl (Ambystoma mexicanum)J Del-Pozo
Veterinary Pathology Unit, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Roslin, Midlothian EH259RG, UK
J Comp Pathol 144:334-8. 2011This report provides the first account of the pathological changes associated with infection by Serratia marcescens in an adult male axolotl. The infection resulted in septicaemia with severe multifocal necrotizing myocarditis...
- Insights into the role of the (alpha+beta) insertion in the TIM-barrel catalytic domain, regarding the stability and the enzymatic activity of chitinase A from Serratia marcescensAthanassios C Zees
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Panepistimiopolis Zographou, 15784 Athens, Greece
Biochim Biophys Acta 1794:23-31. 2009Chitinase A (ChiA) from Serratia marcescens is a mesophilic enzyme with high catalytic activity and high stability...
- An outbreak of Serratia marcescens septicaemia in neonatal intensive care unit in Gaza City, PalestineA M Kh Al Jarousha
Laboratory Medicine Department, Al Azhar University, Gaza, Gaza Strip, Palestine
J Hosp Infect 70:119-26. 2008We performed a case-control study of Serratia marcescens incidence in the neonatal intensive care unit of a governmental Gaza Strip hospital from January to December 2005. S...
- Computational analysis of the binding affinities of the natural-product cyclopentapeptides argifin and argadin to chitinase B from Serratia marcescensHiroaki Gouda
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 16:3565-79. 2008..the natural-product cyclopentapeptide chitinase inhibitors argifin and argadin with chitinase B (ChiB) from Serratia marcescens. Argadin inhibited ChiB with an inhibition constant (K(i)) value of 20 nM, which was three orders of ..
- The role of the Serratia marcescens SdeAB multidrug efflux pump and TolC homologue in fluoroquinolone resistance studied via gene-knockout mutagenesisSanela Begic
Department of Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Microbiology 154:454-61. 2008b>Serratia marcescens is a prominent opportunistic nosocomial pathogen resistant to several classes of antibiotics. The major mechanism for fluoroquinolone resistance in various Gram-negative pathogens is active efflux...
- The structure of Serratia marcescens Lip, a membrane-bound component of the type VI secretion systemVincenzo A Rao
College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 67:1065-72. 2011..The structure of a Lip construct (residues 29-176) from Serratia marcescens (SmLip) has been determined at 1.92 Å resolution...
- HasB, the Serratia marcescens TonB paralog, is specific to HasRNajla Benevides-Matos
Unité des Membranes Bactériennes Institut Pasteur CNRS URA 2172, 25 rue du Dr Roux, Paris Cedex 15, France
J Bacteriol 190:21-7. 2008b>Serratia marcescens possesses two functional TonB paralogs, TonB(Sm) and HasB, for energizing TonB-dependent transport receptors (TBDT)...
- Expression of Serratia marcescens extracellular proteins requires recAT K Ball
Department of Biology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 3258
J Bacteriol 172:342-9. 1990A previously described regulatory mutation which abolishes expression of the extracellular nuclease of Serratia marcescens is shown to be a mutation of the Serratia recA gene...
- Listeria monocytogenes and Serratia marcescens infections as models for Th1/Th2 immunity in laboratory catsN C Pedersen
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 63:83-103. 1998..Interleukin-12, an important Th1 cytokine, was elevated to equal levels in both infections as were the Th2 cytokines IL-4 and IL-10...
- Crystal structure of a GCN5-related N-acetyltransferase: Serratia marcescens aminoglycoside 3-N-acetyltransferaseE Wolf
Laboratories of Molecular Biophysics, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell 94:439-49. 1998The X-ray structure of a canonical GCN5-related N-acetyltransferase (GNAT), Serratia marcescens aminoglycoside 3-N-acetyltransferase, bound to coenzyme A (CoA) has been determined at 2.3 A resolution...
- Ofloxacin. A reappraisal of its use in the management of genitourinary tract infectionsS V Onrust
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 56:895-928. 1998..Ureaplasma urealyticum and most enterococci, but limited or no in vitro activity against enterococci, Serratia marcescens, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and many anaerobes...
- Phage inhibition, colicin resistance, and tellurite resistance are encoded by a single cluster of genes on the IncHI2 plasmid R478K F Whelan
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Bacteriol 177:5016-27. 1995..Insertions in terA reduced phage inhibition levels only. The presence of the terZ and terF ORFs in pMER610 was confirmed, and derivatives of this plasmid mediated Phi, PacB, and Ter...
- An outbreak of Serratia marcescens in two neonatal intensive care unitsB L Jones
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G4 0SF, Scotland
J Hosp Infect 46:314-9. 2000Outbreaks of infection in neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) due to Serratia marcescens are well recognized...
- Plasmid-encoded metallo-beta-lactamase (IMP-6) conferring resistance to carbapenems, especially meropenemH Yano
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine and Environmental Infectious Disease, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1343-8. 2001In 1996, Serratia marcescens KU3838 was isolated from the urine of a patient with a urinary tract infection at a hospital in northern Japan and was found to contain the plasmid pKU501...
- High resolution structural analyses of mutant chitinase A complexes with substrates provide new insight into the mechanism of catalysisY Papanikolau
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas, P O Box 1527, 71110 Heraklion, Greece
Biochemistry 40:11338-43. 2001Chitinase A (ChiA) from the bacterium Serratia marcescens is a hydrolytic enzyme, which cleaves beta-1,4-glycosidic bonds of the natural biopolymer chitin to generate di-N-acetyl-chitobiose. The refined structure of ChiA at 1...
- An outbreak of Serratia marcescens associated with the anesthetic agent propofolB Henry
Field Epidemiology Training Program, Population and Public Health Branch, Health Canada, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Infect Control 29:312-5. 2001BACKGROUND: In October 1999, 7 patients with postoperative infections caused by Serratia marcescens were identified at a community hospital in Ontario, Canada. We describe the investigation of this outbreak...
- Alteration in expression of Serratia marcescens porins associated with decreased outer membrane permeabilityT Hashizume
Tsukuba Research Institute, Banyu Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tsukuba, Japan
J Antimicrob Chemother 31:21-8. 1993The porin expression of two clinical isolates of Serratia marcescens, which overproduced cephalosporinase and had decreased outer membrane permeability, were studied in comparison with those of reference strains...
- Role of serine 352 in the allosteric response of Serratia marcescens aspartokinase I-homoserine dehydrogenase I analyzed by using site-directed mutagenesisK Omori
Research Laboratory of Applied Biochemistry, Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
J Bacteriol 175:959-65. 1993Aspartokinase I and homoserine dehydrogenase I (AKI-HDI) from Serratia marcescens Sr41 are encoded by the thrA gene as a single polypeptide chain...
- Comparison of four hemolysin-producing organisms (Escherichia coli, Serratia marcescens, Aeromonas hydrophila, and Listeria monocytogenes) for release of inflammatory mediators from various cellsJ Scheffer
, , Federal Republic of Germany
J Clin Microbiol 26:544-51. 1988We investigated the role of various hemolysin-producing strains (Escherichia coli, Serratia marcescens, Aeromonas hydrophila, and Listeria monocytogenes) in induction of inflammatory mediators, e.g...
- Characterization of Hemolysin A from Proteus mirabilisTodd Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2004..for the secretion of large exoproteins, including the Ca2+-independent cytolysins/hemolyins from Serratia marcescens, Edwardsiella tarda, Yersinia pestis and Proteus mirabilis...
- Resequencing microarray for rapid detection & antimicrobial resistance profilingSusan Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2007..Enterobacterspp., Klebsiella spp., Serratia marcescens, Proteus mirabilis and Stenotrophomonas maltophila as well as their antibiotic resistance gene ..
- The multiple antibiotic resistance (Mar) regulonStuart B Levy; Fiscal Year: 2010..coli pyelonephritis mouse model;(5) MarA homologs in Serratia marcescens, an opportunistic pathogen of increasing threat to immunocompromised patients. With the E...
- The multiple antibiotic resistance (Mar) regulonStuart Levy; Fiscal Year: 2009..coli pyelonephritis mouse model; (5) MarA homologs in Serratia marcescens, an opportunistic pathogen of increasing threat to immunocompromised patients. With the E...
- Toll like receptors in bacterial keratitisEric Pearlman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Proposed experiments will also examine TLR responses to Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Serratia marcescens, which cause bacterial keratitis...
- Transfusion Medicine/Hemostasis Clinical Trials NetworkMark Brecher; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two TMH CTN protocols are ongoing at UNC, and it is the intention of the investigators at this site to support new network protocols in the future. UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA CHAPEL HILL CRITIQUES ..
- Pathogenesis & Chemotherapy of Bacillus EndophthalmitisMichelle Callegan; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Susceptibility Testing, Treatment Choices, and Outcomes of MDR-GNB InfectionsLisa Maragakis; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research is designed to better understand how providers use information from various microbiology laboratory testing methods to choose treatments and to identify strategies that lead to the best patient outcomes. ..
- Susceptibility Testing, Treatment Choices, and Outcomes of MDR-GNB InfectionsLisa Maragakis; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research is designed to better understand how providers use information from various microbiology laboratory testing methods to choose treatments and to identify strategies that lead to the best patient outcomes. ..
- Mechanisms of Inflammation and Vision Loss in EndophthalmitisMichelle C Callegan; Fiscal Year: 2010..By identifying the bacterial and host factors important in disease, we can exploit these targets for the development of new treatment strategies that will increase the likelihood of preventing blindness following endophthalmitis. ..
- Campylobacter jejuni outer membrane protein vaccineStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. We will determine whether immunization of mice with conserved, purified recombinant OMPs protects against subsequent experimental C. jejuni infection. ..
- Novel virulence and exoenzyme regulatorsROBERT M SHANKS; Fiscal Year: 2010Bacterial keratitis is a costly and global problem that results in vision loss and blindness, and Serratia marcescens is a leading agent of community-acquired Gram-negative bacterial keratitis. S...
- Campylobacter jejuni proteins induced at 37CStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2007..jejuni proteins that are induced at 37C.Specific Aim 3. Elucidate the roles of specific 37C-induced proteins in human epithelial cell binding and invasion in vitro, and in colonization in a mouse model. ..
- CAMPYLOBACTER FETUS SURFACE LAYER PROTEIN SECRETIONStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2002..coli. They will use deletion and mutational analyses to define the C. fetus SapA C-terminal secretion signal. The ability of the SapA secretion to mediate the transport of normally non-secreted proteins also will be assessed. ..
- PATHOGENIC MECHANISMS OF BACILLUS CEREUS ENDOPHTHALMITISMichelle Callegan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Identification and characterization of important virulence factors will provide the basis on which information-based therapeutic agents are developed in order to prevent vision loss during B. cereus endophthalmitis. ..
- Campylobacter jejuni DNA methylation and gene regulationStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim 3. Elucidate the upstream factors and signals controlling Cj1461 and Cj0355 expression to reveal the entire regulatory circuit. ..
- Prevention of Healthcare-Associated Drug-Resistant GNRLisa Maragakis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Maragakis with the skills she needs to develop into an independent clinical investigator in epidemiologic research for the prevention of healthcare-associated infections. ..