Alias: "Bacillus marcescens" (Bizio 1823) Trevisan in de Toni and Trevisan 1889, Bacillus marcescens, Serratia marcescens Bizio 1823, Pantoea sp. NAB7
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- [Post-marketing surveillance of antibacterial activities of cefozopran against various clinical isolates--II. Gram-negative bacteria]Jun Igari
Department of Clinical Pathology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine
Jpn J Antibiot 55:22-60. 2002..n = 192), Klebsiella oxytoca (n = 157), Enterobacter cloacae (n = 189), Enterobacter aerogenes (n = 93), Serratia marcescens (n = 172), Serratia liquefaciens (n = 24), Citrobacter freundii (n = 177), Citrobacter koseri (n = 70), ..
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of respiratory isolates of Enterobacteriaceae and Staphylococcus aureus in Italy: incidence and trends over the period 1997-1999R Fontana
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Italy
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 20:854-63. 2001..n=870), Escherichia coli (n=684), Enterobacter cloacae (n=342), Enterobacter aerogenes (n=187) and Serratia marcescens (n=135) as well as the MICs of 11 antibiotics against isolates of Staphylococcus aureus (n=1,606)...
- Analysis of polar lipids from some representative enterobacteria, Plesiomonas and Acinetobacter by fast atom bombardment-mass spectrometryH S Aluyi
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Manchester Dental School, UK
J Appl Bacteriol 73:426-32. 1992..Morganella morganii, Plesiomonas shigelloides, Proteus mirabilis (3 strains), Serratia liquefaciens and Serratia marcescens. Negative-ion spectra provide data for twenty-seven major carboxylate anions (m/z 209-325) and for thirty-..
- Use of microdilution panels with and without beta-lactamase inhibitors as a phenotypic test for beta-lactamase production among Escherichia coli, Klebsiella spp., Enterobacter spp., Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescensK S Thomson
Center for Research in Anti Infectives and Biotechnology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1393-400. 1999..pneumoniae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens possessing well-characterized beta-lactamases...
- Antibacterial activity of BMS-180680, a new catechol-containing monobactamJ Fung-Tomc
Department of Microbiology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492, USA Joan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:1010-6. 1997..5 microg/ml for Escherichia coli, Klebsiella spp., Citrobacter diversus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Serratia marcescens, Proteus spp., and Providencia spp...
- Bacterial lipopolysaccharides variably modulate in vitro biofilm formation of Candida speciesH M H N Bandara
Oral Biosciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, 5 F Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong SAR
J Med Microbiol 59:1225-34. 2010..The effect of the LPS of Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Serratia marcescens and Salmonella typhimurium on six different species of Candida, comprising Candida albicans ATCC 90028, ..
- Natural antibiotic susceptibility of strains of Serratia marcescens and the S. liquefaciens complex: S. liquefaciens sensu stricto, S. proteamaculans and S. grimesiiI Stock
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Immunologie, Pharmazeutische Mikrobiologie, Universitat Bonn, Meckenheimer Allee 168, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
Int J Antimicrob Agents 22:35-47. 2003The natural susceptibility of 77 strains of Serratia marcescens and 41 strains of the S. liquefaciens complex (S. liquefaciens sensu stricto (n=21), S. grimesii (n=10), S...
- Relationships between antimicrobial use and antimicrobial resistance in Gram-negative bacteria causing nosocomial infections from 1991-2003 at a university hospital in TaiwanPo Ren Hsueh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, 7, Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:463-72. 2005..Disk susceptibility data of Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterobacter cloacae, Serratia marcescens, Proteus spp., Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter spp...
- [Studies on respiratory infections in primary care clinic (IV). Antibiotic sensitivity of bacteria isolated from patients with respiratory infections visiting 21 private clinics in the Tohoku District of Japan]A Watanabe
Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:1220-31. 1990..of Escherichia coli, 66 strains of Klebsiella pneumoniae, 26 strains of Enterobacter cloacae, 20 strains of Serratia marcescens, 12 strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and 42 strains of Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, isolated from the ..
- The in-vitro antimicrobial activity of some medicinal plants against beta-lactam-resistant bacteriaJoseph Gangoue-Pieboji
Centre for Research on Medicinal Plants and Traditional Medicine, Institute of Medical Research and Medicinal Plant Studies, Yaounde, Cameroon
J Infect Dev Ctries 3:671-80. 2009..In effort to identify novel bacterial agents, this study was initiated to evaluate the antimicrobial properties of 17 crude extracts from 12 medicinal plants against beta-lactam-resistant bacteria...
- Prevalence and diversity of qnr alleles in AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii and Serratia marcescens: a multicentre study from KoreaYeon Joon Park
Department of Clinical Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Ku, Seoul 137 701, Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:868-71. 2007..To investigate the prevalence of qnr determinants, their influence on quinolone susceptibility and their association with other plasmid-mediated genes in AmpC-producing Enterobacteriaceae without any selection criteria...
- [Clinical laboratory approach for estimating the effective administrative dose of latamoxef. Significance of a 4-category system interpretation of the latamoxef disc susceptibility test]T Uete
Department of Clinical Investigation, Kitano Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 40:1906-16. 1987..56 micrograms/ml. LMOX was less active against Serratia marcescens, inhibiting about 43% of strains at a level of 6.25 micrograms/ml...
- Nucleotide sequence of the Serratia marcescens threonine operon and analysis of the threonine operon mutations which alter feedback inhibition of both aspartokinase I and homoserine dehydrogenase IK Omori
Research Laboratory of Applied Biochemistry, Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
J Bacteriol 175:785-94. 1993The nucleotide sequence of the Serratia marcescens threonine operon (thrA1A2BC) was determined...
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in community and private health care centersCorinne Arpin
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Universite de Bordeaux 2, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3506-14. 2003..pneumoniae isolates; 6 Escherichia coli isolates; 3 Proteus mirabilis isolates; and 1 isolate each of Serratia marcescens, Morganella morganii, and Providencia stuartii...
- Evaluation of Phoenix Automated Microbiology System for detecting extended-spectrum beta-lactamases among chromosomal AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescensYeon Joon Park
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Ku, Seoul 137 701, Korea
Ann Clin Lab Sci 37:75-8. 2007..among chromosomal AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens. The study was conducted on 72 non-repetitive ESBL producers (33 E. cloacae, 13 E. aerogenes, 14 C...
- Serratia type pore forming toxinsR Hertle
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Bethesda, MD, USA
Curr Protein Pept Sci 1:75-89. 2000The Serratia marcescens hemolysin represents a new type of hemolysin and has been studied in great molecular detail with regard to structure, activation and secretion. It has nothing in common with the pore forming toxins of E...
- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis causing Serratia marcescens and Proteus mirabilis ventriculoperitoneal shunt infection. Case reportLuis M Tumialan
Department of Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Neurosurg 105:320-4. 2006..Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) cultures grew Serratia marcescens and Proteus mirabilis...
- Production, characterization, cloning and sequence analysis of a monofunctional catalase from Serratia marcescens SYBC08Hua Wei Zeng
The Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology, Ministry of Education, School of Biotechnology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
J Basic Microbiol 51:205-14. 2011A monofunctional catalase from Serratia marcescens SYBC08 produced by liquid state fermentation in 7 liter fermenter was isolated and purified by ammonium sulfate precipitation (ASP), ion exchange chromatography (IEC), and gel filtration ..
- Serratia marcescens infection associated with early abortion in cows and buffaloesA M Das
Department of Bacteriology, Bombay Veterinary College, Parel, India
Epidemiol Infect 101:143-9. 1988b>Serratia marcescens was isolated in pure culture from cases of septic abortion in 4 cows on one farm and 10 buffaloes on two other farms...
- Molecular epidemiology of ceftazidime resistant Enterobacteriaceae from patients on a paediatric oncology wardL C Hibbert-Rogers
Department of Microbiology, University of Leeds, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 36:65-82. 1995..and 1 Serratia marcescens. Clinical isolates were resistant to penicillins and to ceftazidime...
- Convenient test using a combination of chelating agents for detection of metallo-beta-lactamases in the clinical laboratorySoo Young Kim
Center for Research in Anti Infectives and Biotechnology, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University School of Medicine, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:2798-801. 2007..Sixteen isolates (4 Acinetobacter baumannii isolates, 6 Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates, 1 Serratia marcescens isolate, 1 Aeromonas hydrophila isolate, 1 Aeromonas veronii isolate, 2 Chryseobacterium meningosepticum ..
- Isolation and sequence analysis of rpoH genes encoding sigma 32 homologs from gram negative bacteria: conserved mRNA and protein segments for heat shock regulationK Nakahigashi
HSP Research Institute, Kyoto Research Park, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 23:4383-90. 1995..sequenced from five gram negative proteobacteria (gamma or alpha subgroup): Enterobacter cloacae (gamma), Serratia marcescens (gamma), Proteus mirabilis (gamma), Agrobacterium tumefaciens (alpha) and Zymomonas mobilis (alpha)...
- A novel class A extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (BES-1) in Serratia marcescens isolated in BrazilR Bonnet
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Faculte de Medecine, 63001 Clermont Ferrand cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:3061-8. 2000b>Serratia marcescens Rio-5, one of 18 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing strains isolated in several hospitals in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) in 1996 and 1997, exhibited a high level of resistance to aztreonam (MIC, 512 ..
- Eggshell factors influencing eggshell penetration and whole egg contamination by different bacteria, including Salmonella enteritidisK De Reu
Department of Animal Product Quality and Transformation Technology, Agricultural Research Centre Ghent, Ministry of the Flemish Community, Brusselsesteenweg 370, 9090 Melle, Belgium
Int J Food Microbiol 112:253-60. 2006..b>Serratia marcescens, Carnobacterium sp., Pseudomonas sp. and Salmonella enteritidis, recovered from egg contents, were studied...
- In vitro activity of Ro 23-9424, a dual-action cephalosporin, compared with activities of other antibioticsJ W Gu
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 34:189-95. 1990..It inhibited the majority of members of the family Enterobacteriaceae, except for some Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter freundii, and Enterobacter cloacae strains, at less than or equal to 0...
- [A methodological study on testing and evaluating of filtration efficiency of canister against microbial aerosol]Zhan bo Wen
State Key Laboratory of Pathogen and Biosecurity, Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, National Research Center for Bio protection Equipment, Beijing 100071, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 43:686-9. 2009..To establish a testing and evaluating method for filtration efficiency of the canister against microbial aerosol...
- Evaluation of a new generation of plastic culture bottles with an automated microbial detection system for nine common contaminating organisms found in PLT componentsM E Brecher
Transfusion Medicine Service, CB 7600, University of North Carolina Hospitals, 101 Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Transfusion 44:359-63. 2004..The recovery of nine organisms seeded into PLTs with new plastic culture bottles was studied in comparison to the current glass bottles. The use of plastic instead of glass would be expected to reduce the risk of injury...
- Temporal association of entomopathogenic nematodes (Rhabditida: Steinernematidae and Heterorhabditidae) and bacteriaDawn H Gouge
University of Arizona, MAC, 37860 West Smith Enke Road, Phoenix, AZ 85239, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 91:147-57. 2006..Pseudomonas fluorescens type C, Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia proteomaculans...
- Evaluation of an automated culture system for detecting bacterial contamination of platelets: an analysis with 15 contaminating organismsM E Brecher
University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514, USA
Transfusion 41:477-82. 2001..Approximately 1 in 2000 platelet components are bacterially contaminated. The time to detection of 15 seeded organisms in platelets recovered from an automated culture system was studied...
- A multistate outbreak of Serratia marcescens bloodstream infection associated with contaminated intravenous magnesium sulfate from a compounding pharmacyRebecca H Sunenshine
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Arizona Dept of Health Services, 150 N 18th Ave, Ste 150, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:527-33. 2007..In 2005, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention received reports of cases of Serratia marcescens bloodstream infection occurring in patients who underwent cardiac surgical procedures in Los Angeles, ..
- Emergence of Serratia marcescens, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Escherichia coli Isolates possessing the plasmid-mediated carbapenem-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase KPC-2 in intensive care units of a Chinese hospitalJia Chang Cai
2nd Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University, 88 Jiefang Rd, Hangzhou, China 310009
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:2014-8. 2008Twenty-one Serratia marcescens, ten Klebsiella pneumoniae, and one Escherichia coli isolate with carbapenem resistance or reduced carbapenem susceptibility were recovered from intensive care units (ICUs) in our hospital...
- Significant improvement of Serratia marcescens lipase fermentation, by optimizing medium, induction, and oxygen supplyZhang De Long
Laboratory of Biocatalysis and Bioprocessing, State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, 130 Meilong Road, Shanghai, 200237, People s Republic of China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 142:148-57. 2007Production of an extracellular lipase from Serratia marcescens ECU1010, which is an industrially important biocatalyst for the stereospecific synthesis of Diltiazem precursor, was carefully optimized in both shake flasks and a fermenter, ..
- Utilization of mucus from the coral Acropora palmata by the pathogen Serratia marcescens and by environmental and coral commensal bacteriaCory J Krediet
University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:3851-8. 2009..commensal bacteria ("Photobacterium mandapamensis" and Halomonas meridiana) and by opportunistic Serratia marcescens pathogens. S...
- Purification and partial characterization of psychrotrophic Serratia marcescens lipaseAdham M Abdou
Department of Food Hygiene, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Benha University, Moshtohor 13736 Kaliobyia, Egypt
J Dairy Sci 86:127-32. 2003b>Serratia marcescens isolated from raw milk was found to produce extracellular lipase. The growth of this organism could contribute to flavor defects in milk and dairy products...
- Characterization of an exochitinase from Epiphyas postvittana nucleopolyhedrovirus (family Baculoviridae)Vivienne L Young
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Gen Virol 86:3253-61. 2005..Homology modelling of the chitinase of Epiphyas postvittana nucleopolyhedrovirus (EppoNPV) against Serratia marcescens chitinase A indicated that the enzyme possesses an N-terminal polycystic kidney 1 (PKD1) domain for chitin-..
- Pathogenic capacity of proteases from Serratia marcescens and Pseudomonas aeruginosa and their suppression by chicken egg white ovomacroglobulinA Molla
Department of Microbiology, Kumamoto University Medical School, Japan
Infect Immun 55:2509-17. 1987The pathogenicities of three proteases from Serratia marcescens, two proteases from Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and one thermolysin from Bacillus stearothermophilus were examined...
- Kinetic analysis of growth rate, ATP, and pigmentation suggests an energy-spilling function for the pigment prodigiosin of Serratia marcescensPryce L Haddix
Department of Biology, Auburn University Montgomery, P O Box 244023, Montgomery, AL 36124 4023, USA
J Bacteriol 190:7453-63. 2008b>Serratia marcescens is a gram-negative environmental bacterium and opportunistic pathogen. S. marcescens expresses prodigiosin, a bright red and cell-associated pigment which has no known biological function for producing cells...
- Infectious crystalline keratopathy caused by Serratia marcescensChing Long Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cornea 26:1011-3. 2007..To report the case of a 70-year-old woman with Serratia infectious crystalline keratopathy...
- [Isolation and characterization of Serratia marcescens phage]Long Yu
State Research Center for Bio protective Equipment and Engineering Technology, State Key Laboratory of Pathogen and Biosecurity, Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100071, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 48:498-502. 2008To isolate the bacteriophage of Serratia marcescens (8039) from sewage, and to study on its biological characteristics.
- In vitro and in vivo antibacterial activities of E-4868, a new fluoroquinolone with a 7-azetidin ring substituentJ Guinea
Department of Sanitary Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 37:868-74. 1993..03 and 1 microgram/ml were observed, with the exception of those against Serratia marcescens and Providencia spp., and a MIC90 of 2 micrograms/ml against Pseudomonas aeruginosa was obtained...
- Activity domains of the TonB proteinI Traub
Mikrobiologie II, Universitat Tubingen, Germany
Mol Microbiol 8:409-23. 1993..Differences in the activities of the Escherichia coli and the Serratia marcescens TonB proteins were used to identify TonB functional domains. In E...
- Ceftazidime combined with mecillinam: serum bactericidal titres compared with in-vitro synergy against gram-negative bacilliP Van der Auwera
Service de Medecine, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
J Antimicrob Chemother 21:745-53. 1988..Ten strains each of Klebsiella pneumoniae, Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter freundii, Salmonella spp. and Yersinia spp. and nine strains each of Acinetobacter spp...
- Illness-induced anorexia and its possible function in the caterpillar, Manduca sextaShelley A Adamo
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Brain Behav Immun 21:292-300. 2007..Injecting Manduca sexta larvae (caterpillars) with live bacteria (Serratia marcescens), heat-killed bacteria or bacterial lipopolysaccharides resulted in a decline in feeding, demonstrating ..
- A novel medium for the enhanced cell growth and production of prodigiosin from Serratia marcescens isolated from soilAnuradha V Giri
Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai 600025, India
BMC Microbiol 4:11. 2004Prodigiosin produced by Serratia marcescens is a promising drug owing to its reported characteristics of having antifungal, immunosuppressive and antiproliferative activity...
- Production, purification and characterization of a 50-kDa extracellular metalloprotease from Serratia marcescensP R Salamone
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, University of Central Florida, Orlando 32816 2360, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 48:317-24. 1997The extracellular metalloprotease (SMP 6.1) produced by a soil isolate of Serratia marcescens NRRL B-23112 was purified and characterized. SMP 6...
- (123)I-Labeled chitinase as specific radioligand for in vivo detection of fungal infections in miceRien Siaens
Laboratory of Radiopharmacy, Gent University, Gent, Belgium
J Nucl Med 45:1209-16. 2004..ChiB_E144Q (ChiB = chitinase B) from Serratia marcescens was labeled with (123)I, and in vitro and in vivo studies were assessed.
- Characterization of the mineral phosphate solubilizing activity of Serratia marcescens CTM 50650 isolated from the phosphate mine of GafsaMounira Ben Farhat
Laboratoire d Enzymes et de Metabolites des Procaryotes LEMP, Centre de Biotechnologie de Sfax, Route de Sidi Mansour Km 6, BP 1177, 3018 Sfax, Tunisia
Arch Microbiol 191:815-24. 2009The mineral phosphate solubilizing (MPS) ability of a Serratia marcescens strain, namely CTM 50650, isolated from the phosphate mine of Gafsa, was characterized on a chemically defined medium (NBRIP broth)...
- Validation of BacT/ALERT plastic culture bottles for use in testing of whole-blood-derived leukoreduced platelet-rich-plasma-derived plateletsM E Brecher
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514, USA
Transfusion 44:1174-8. 2004..This study validated the BacT/ALERT for use in testing pooled PRP-derived PLTs with nine contaminating organisms...
- Prevalence and characteristics of aac(6')-Ib-cr in AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens: a multicenter study from KoreaSoo Young Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, St Vincent s Hospital, Paldal Gu, Suwon, South Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 63:314-8. 2009..A total of 479 clinical isolates of Enterobacter cloacae (179), Citrobacter freundii (134), and Serratia marcescens (166) from 12 laboratories between March and July 2005 were examined...
- Occurrence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases among chromosomal AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens in Korea and investigation of screening criteriaYeon Joon Park
Department of Clinical Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, Seoul 137 040, Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 51:265-9. 2005..beta-lactamases (ESBLs) among AmpC-producing Enterobacter cloacae, Citrobacter freundii, and Serratia marcescens. The 413 isolates (158 E. cloacae, 126 C. freundii, and 129 S...
- The importance of chitobiase and N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) uptake in N,N'-diacetylchitobiose [(GlcNAc)2] utilization by Serratia marcescens 2,170Tadayuki Toratani
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Niigata University, 8050 Ikarashi 2, Niigata 950 2181, Japan
Microbiology 154:1326-32. 2008..GlcNAc)(2)] is the main degradation product from chitin by the action of chitinases of Serratia marcescens 2170...
- Hyperproduction of inhibitor-susceptible TEM beta-lactamase is responsible for resistance of Serratia marcescens to beta-lactam-beta-lactamase inhibitor combinationsWei Hua Zhao
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Showa University Hospital, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Chemotherapy 54:31-7. 2008Some clinical isolates of Serratia marcescens showed high-level resistance to expanded-spectrum cephalosporins alone and in combination with beta-lactamase inhibitor, but the beta-lactamase extracted from these strains was sensitive to ..
- Re-evaluation of the serotypes of Serratia marcescens and separation into two schemes based on lipopolysaccharide (O) and capsular polysaccharide (K) antigensH M Aucken
Laboratory of Hospital Infection, Central Public Health Laboratory, London, UK
Microbiology 144:639-53. 1998Chemical and serological analysis has revealed that many of the 29 O serotype reference strains of Serratia marcescens contain both neutral and acidic polysaccharides which correspond to LPS O antigens and capsular K antigens, ..
- Novel tetracycline resistance determinant isolated from an environmental strain of Serratia marcescensStuart A Thompson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912 2100, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:2199-206. 2007Resistances to tetracycline and mercury were identified in an environmental strain of Serratia marcescens isolated from a stream highly contaminated with heavy metals...
- Case-control analysis of endemic Serratia marcescens bacteremia in a neonatal intensive care unitMatthew J Bizzarro
Divisions of Perinatal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8064, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 92:F120-6. 2007b>Serratia marcescens is an opportunistic gram-negative rod which typically infects compromised hosts.
- Multistate outbreak of Serratia marcescens bloodstream infections caused by contamination of prefilled heparin and isotonic sodium chloride solution syringesDavid Blossom
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:1705-11. 2009To investigate clusters of Serratia marcescens (SM) bloodstream infections (BSIs) at health care facilities in several states and determine whether contaminated prefilled heparin and isotonic sodium chloride solution (hereinafter, saline)..
- Effects of temperature, nutrients, organic matter and coral mucus on the survival of the coral pathogen, Serratia marcescens PDL100Erin E Looney
Department of Environmental Health Science, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
Environ Microbiol 12:2479-85. 2010b>Serratia marcescens is an enteric bacterium that causes white pox disease in elkhorn coral, Acropora palmata; however, it remains unclear if the pathogenic strain has adapted to seawater or if it requires a host or reservoir for survival...
- Serratia marcescens internalization and replication in human bladder epithelial cellsRalf Hertle
Microbiology Membranphysiology, University of Tubingen, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 4:16. 2004b>Serratia marcescens, a frequent agent of catheterization-associated bacteriuria, strongly adheres to human bladder epithelial cells in culture...
- Effect of chemical and physical parameters on the production of L-asparaginase from a newly isolated Serratia marcescens SK-07A Agarwal
Biochemical Engineering Laboratory, Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, Assam, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 52:307-13. 2011..of carbon and nitrogen sources of the medium in shake flask experiments and evaluate the effect of pH and dissolved oxygen (DO) on the production of L-asparaginase from a newly isolated Serratia marcescens SK-07 in a batch bioreactor.
- Outbreak of Serratia marcescens infections following injection of betamethasone compounded at a community pharmacyRachel Civen
Los Angles County Department of Health Services, Acute Communicable Disease Control Program, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:831-7. 2006In June 2001, following the report of 4 patients with Serratia marcescens meningitis who received epidural injections of betamethasone compounded at a community pharmacy, we initiated an outbreak investigation.
- Morphological and genetic analysis of three bacteriophages of Serratia marcescens isolated from environmental waterKenshi Matsushita
Department of Pediatrics, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 291:201-8. 2009Increases in multidrug-resistant strains of Serratia marcescens are of great concern in pediatrics, especially in neonatal intensive care units...
- Zymar (Gatifloxacin 0.3%) shows excellent Gram-negative activity against Serratia marcescens and Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a New Zealand White rabbit keratitis modelFrancis S Mah
Charles T Campbell Ophthalmic Microbiology Laboratory, UPMC Eye Center, Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Research Center, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cornea 26:585-8. 2007..3%), and fortified tobramycin (14 mg/mL) in the treatment of experimental Gram-negative bacterial infections of Serratia marcescens (SM) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA) in the New Zealand White (NZW) rabbit keratitis model.
- Presence of a group II intron in a multiresistant Serratia marcescens strain that harbors three integrons and a novel gene fusionDaniela Centron
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1402-9. 2002..of integrons in the dissemination of antibiotic resistance in a recent multiresistant clinical isolate, Serratia marcescens SCH88050909 (SCH909). This isolate harbors three integrons, all on a 60-kb conjugative plasmid...
- SME-type carbapenem-hydrolyzing class A beta-lactamases from geographically diverse Serratia marcescens strainsA M Queenan
The R W Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Raritan, New Jersey 08869, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:3035-9. 2000Three sets of carbapenem-resistant Serratia marcescens isolates have been identified in the United States: 1 isolate in Minnesota in 1985 (before approval of carbapenems for clinical use), 5 isolates in Los Angeles (University of ..
- Serratia marcescens endophthalmitis associated with intravitreal injections of bevacizumabS H Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Eye (Lond) 24:226-32. 2010To report two cases of Serratia marcescens endophthalmitis related to presumed aliquot drug contamination, and to determine the incidence of acute endophthalmitis after intravitreal injection of bevacizumab.
- Detection of cefotaxime-resistant CTX-M-3 in clinical isolates of Serratia marcescensMei Fen Tsou
Department of Clinical Laboratory, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 49:452-6. 2004Strains of Serratia marcescens (isolated in a hospital during April and August 2000) resistant to ampicillin, chloramphenicol, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, streptomycin, tetracycline, and gentamicin were characterized...
- A simultaneous outbreak of Serratia marcescens and Klebsiella pneumoniae in a neonatal intensive care unitC Casolari
Unit of Microbiology and Virology, Policlinico of Modena, Italy
J Hosp Infect 61:312-20. 2005We describe two concurrent outbreaks of Serratia marcescens and Klebsiella pneumoniae in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Over a 16-month period, a total of 27 infants were either colonized (N=14) or infected (N=13)...
- Genomic comparison of plant pathogenic and nonpathogenic Serratia marcescens strains by suppressive subtractive hybridizationQ Zhang
Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology, 127 Noble Research Center, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:7716-23. 2005Cucurbit yellow vine disease (CYVD) is caused by disease-associated Serratia marcescens strains that have phenotypes significantly different from those of nonphytopathogenic strains...
- Uptake of N,N'-diacetylchitobiose [(GlcNAc)2] via the phosphotransferase system is essential for chitinase production by Serratia marcescens 2170Taku Uchiyama
Department of Biosystem Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Niigata University, Niigata 950 2181, Japan
J Bacteriol 185:1776-82. 2003The chiR gene of Serratia marcescens 2170, encoding a LysR-type transcriptional activator, was identified previously as an essential factor for expression of chitinases and a chitin-binding protein, CBP21...
- Analyses of ampC gene expression in Serratia marcescens reveal new regulatory propertiesSteven D Mahlen
Center for Research in Anti Infectives and Biotechnology, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 51:791-802. 2003b>Serratia marcescens encodes an inducible, chromosomal beta-lactamase, ampC. Studies addressing the regulation of inducible ampC genes have focused primarily on Enterobacter cloacae and Citrobacter freundii...
- [Control measures against Serratia marcescens colonization at the neonatal intensive care unit of UOEH hospital]Takako Ikeno
Infection Control Group, University Hospital, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
J UOEH 25:89-101. 2003..neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) patients were found to be colonized with pigment-producing strains of Serratia marcescens. The UOEH Infection Control Group (ICG) committee investigated the source of this epidemic and carried out ..
- The LuxR family protein SpnR functions as a negative regulator of N-acylhomoserine lactone-dependent quorum sensing in Serratia marcescensYu Tze Horng
School and Graduate Institute of Medical Technology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, ROC
Mol Microbiol 45:1655-71. 2002b>Serratia marcescens SS-1 produces at least four N-acylhomoserine lactones (AHLs) which were identified using high-resolution mass spectrometry and chemical synthesis, as N-(3-oxohexanoyl) homo-serine lactone (3-oxo-C6-HSL), N-hexanoyl- (..
- The outbreak of Serratia marcescens bacteremia in a pediatric ward, Siriraj Hospital 1997Kulkanya Chokephaibulkit
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 85:S674-81. 2002Between October 20 and November 11, 1997, Serratia marcescens bacteremia was identified in 8 patients in a pediatric ward at Siriraj Hospital. The organism was isolated from 17 blood and 3 bone marrow specimens...
- Survey of CTX-M-3 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL) among cefotaxime-resistant Serratia marcescens at a medical center in middle TaiwanLii Tzu Wu
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Medical Science, China Medical University, Taichung City, Taiwan
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 49:125-9. 2004Thirty-four clinical isolates of Serratia marcescens nonsusceptible to cefotaxime were collected from a medical center in middle Taiwan...
- Serratia marcescens in a neonatal intensive care unit: two long-term multiclone outbreaks in a 10-year observational studyChiara Casolari
Department to Integrated Activity of Laboratory Medicine, Modena, Italy
New Microbiol 36:373-83. 2013We investigated two consecutive Serratia marcescens (S. marcescens) outbreaks which occurred in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) of a tertiary level hospital in North Italy in a period of 10 years (January 2003-December 2012)...
- Haemophore-mediated signal transduction across the bacterial cell envelope in Serratia marcescens: the inducer and the transported substrate are different moleculesMaria Silvia Rossi
Groupe de Génétique des Biofilms Institut Pasteur CNRS URA 2172, 25 rue du Dr Roux, Paris Cedex 15, France
Mol Microbiol 48:1467-80. 2003..Here, we report a study of the regulation of the Serratia marcescens has operon which is involved in haemophore-dependent haem acquisition...
- Endo/exo mechanism and processivity of family 18 chitinases produced by Serratia marcescensSvein J Horn
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, The Norwegian University of Life Sciences, As, Norway
FEBS J 273:491-503. 2006We present a comparative study of ChiA, ChiB, and ChiC, the three family 18 chitinases produced by Serratia marcescens. All three enzymes eventually converted chitin to N-acetylglucosamine dimers (GlcNAc2) and a minor fraction of ..
- Cloning, sequencing, and characterization of the SdeAB multidrug efflux pump of Serratia marcescensAyush Kumar
Department of Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2, Manitoba, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1495-501. 2005b>Serratia marcescens is an important nosocomial agent known for causing various infections in immunocompromised individuals. Resistance of this organism to a broad spectrum of antibiotics makes the treatment of infections very difficult...
- Prevalence of decreased susceptibility to carbapenems among Serratia marcescens, Enterobacter cloacae, and Citrobacter freundii and investigation of carbapenemasesHae Kyung Lee
Department of Clinical Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, Seoul 137 040, Republic of Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 52:331-6. 2005Between March and July 2002, total of 612 clinical isolates of Serratia marcescens, Enterobacter cloacae, and Citrobacter freundii (201 S. marcescens, 228 E. cloacae, and 183 C...
- [Effect of subinhibitory levels of aminoglycosides and fluoroquinolines on hydrophobicity and motility of Serratia marcescens]V Majtan
Ustav preventívnej a klinickej medicíny, Bratislava
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 50:26-30. 2001..gentamicin, netilmicin, tobramycin) on the surface hydrophobicity and motility of the clinical isolate of Serratia marcescens. The hydrophobicity was evaluated by methods of adherence to the hydrocarbon xylene (BATH) in a salt-..
- Complete sequence of broad-host-range plasmid pRIO-5 harboring the extended-spectrum-β-lactamase gene blaBES₋₁Rémy A Bonnin
Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, INSERM U914, Emerging Resistance to Antibiotics, Hopital de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Faculté de Médecine et Université Paris Sud, K Bicêtre, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1116-9. 2012Broad-host-range plasmid pRIO-5, harboring the extended-spectrum β-lactamase bla(BES-1) gene in Serratia marcescens, was fully sequenced...
- The insect pathogen Serratia marcescens Db10 uses a hybrid non-ribosomal peptide synthetase-polyketide synthase to produce the antibiotic althiomycinAmy J Gerc
Division of Molecular Microbiology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e44673. 2012..We observed that the enteric insect pathogen, Serratia marcescens Db10, produced a diffusible compound that inhibited the growth of Bacillis subtilis and Staphyloccocus ..
- The PhoP/PhoQ system and its role in Serratia marcescens pathogenesisJulieta Barchiesi
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario IBR CONICET, Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Rosario, Argentina
J Bacteriol 194:2949-61. 2012b>Serratia marcescens is able to invade, persist, and multiply inside nonphagocytic cells, residing in nonacidic, nondegradative, autophagosome-like vacuoles...
- A Serratia marcescens PigP homolog controls prodigiosin biosynthesis, swarming motility and hemolysis and is regulated by cAMP-CRP and HexSRobert M Q Shanks
Charles T Campbell Laboratory of Ophthalmic Microbiology, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pittsburgh Eye Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e57634. 2013..The broad host-range opportunistic pathogen Serratia marcescens produces serratamolide, a small cyclic amino-lipid, that promotes swarming motility and hemolysis...
- Outbreak of a cluster with epidemic behavior due to Serratia marcescens after colistin administration in a hospital settingAndrea Karina Merkier
Instituto de Microbiología y Parasitología Médica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Tecnológicas IMPaM, UBA CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Clin Microbiol 51:2295-302. 2013b>Serratia marcescens causes health care-associated infections with important morbidity and mortality...
- Gene expression analysis of the SdeAB multidrug efflux pump in antibiotic-resistant clinical isolates of Serratia marcescensS D Dalvi
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Indian J Med Microbiol 30:302-7. 2012Many isolates of Serratia marcescens, a well-known opportunistic pathogen, can be multidrug resistant. Fluoroquinolones are among the most important groups of antibiotics used for treatment of these organisms...
- Ligand delivery by haem carrier proteins: the binding of Serratia marcescens haemophore to its outer membrane receptor is mediated by two distinct peptide regionsSylvie Létoffé
Unité des Membranes Bactériennes, Institut Pasteur CNRS URA2172 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mol Microbiol 50:77-88. 2003..The Serratia marcescens haemophore (HasA) is folded into a globular form and tyrosine and histidine are involved in haem ligation...
- Activities of the Serratia marcescens heme receptor HasR and isolated plug and beta-barrel domains: the beta-barrel forms a heme-specific channelSylvie Létoffé
Unité des Membranes Bactériennes, Institut Pasteur, CNRS URA 2172, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Bacteriol 187:4637-45. 2005The Serratia marcescens hemophore-specific outer membrane receptor HasR is a member of the TonB-dependent family of autoregulated receptors. It can transport either heme itself or heme bound to the hemophore HasA...
- Serratamolide is a hemolytic factor produced by Serratia marcescensRobert M Q Shanks
Charles T Campbell Laboratory of Ophthalmic Microbiology, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36398. 2012b>Serratia marcescens is a common contaminant of contact lens cases and lenses. Hemolytic factors of S. marcescens contribute to the virulence of this opportunistic bacterial pathogen...
- Biosynthesis of bismuth nanoparticles using Serratia marcescens isolated from the Caspian Sea and their characterisationP Nazari
Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Biotechnology Research Centre, Tehran, Iran
IET Nanobiotechnol 6:58-62. 2012..This isolate was identified as non-pigmented Serratia marcescens using conventional identification assays and the 16s rDNA fragment amplification method and used to prepare ..
- Serratia marcescens quinoprotein glucose dehydrogenase activity mediates medium acidification and inhibition of prodigiosin production by glucoseJames E Fender
Charles T Campbell Laboratory of Ophthalmic Microbiology, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pittsburgh Eye Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:6225-35. 2012b>Serratia marcescens is a model organism for the study of secondary metabolites...
- [Comparative antibacterial activity of fleroxacin: selection frequencies and outer membrane proteins of resistant mutants]W Cullmann
Institut für Hygiene und Mikrobiologie der Ruhr Universität Bochum
Immun Infekt 16:152-8. 1988..Selection frequencies for resistant clones were evaluated for clinical E. coli and Serratia marcescens isolates and the quinolones. With respect to clinical E...
- A replication region of the IncHI plasmid, R27, is highly homologous with the RepFIA replicon of FD Saul
Department of Cell Biology, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Mol Microbiol 2:219-25. 1988..The results are consistent with the observed incompatibility behaviour of R27, and have a bearing on the specificity of interaction of E protein with its DNA-binding sites...
- Role of serine 352 in the allosteric response of Serratia marcescens aspartokinase I-homoserine dehydrogenase I analyzed by using site-directed mutagenesisK Omori
Research Laboratory of Applied Biochemistry, Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
J Bacteriol 175:959-65. 1993Aspartokinase I and homoserine dehydrogenase I (AKI-HDI) from Serratia marcescens Sr41 are encoded by the thrA gene as a single polypeptide chain...
- Plasmid-mediated formaldehyde resistance in Serratia marcescens and Escherichia coli: alterations in the cell surfaceP M Kaulfers
, , Hamburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 266:239-48. 1987The plasmid-mediated formaldehyde resistance of Serratia marcescens and Escherichia coli was examined. For that purpose the outer membranes of isogenic strains (with and without resistance plasmid) were compared...
- Mutational upregulation of a resistance-nodulation-cell division-type multidrug efflux pump, SdeAB, upon exposure to a biocide, cetylpyridinium chloride, and antibiotic resistance in Serratia marcescensHideaki Maseda
Institute of Technology and Science, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:5230-5. 2009b>Serratia marcescens is an important opportunistic pathogen in hospitals, where quaternary ammonium compounds are often used for disinfection...
- Insights into the role of the (alpha+beta) insertion in the TIM-barrel catalytic domain, regarding the stability and the enzymatic activity of chitinase A from Serratia marcescensAthanassios C Zees
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Panepistimiopolis Zographou, 15784 Athens, Greece
Biochim Biophys Acta 1794:23-31. 2009Chitinase A (ChiA) from Serratia marcescens is a mesophilic enzyme with high catalytic activity and high stability...
- Isolation and location on the R27 map of two replicons and an incompatibility determinant specific for IncHI1 plasmidsP Gabant
Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, Belgium
J Bacteriol 175:7697-701. 1993..In this communication, we present the mapping of these maintenance elements on the R27 genome...
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamases conferring resistance to monobactams and oxyimino-cephalosporins in clinical isolates of Serratia marcescensF Luzzaro
Clinical Pathology Laboratory, Ospedale di Circolo, Varese, Italy
J Chemother 7:175-8. 1995We studied antibiotic resistance patterns and extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ES beta Ls) production in Serratia marcescens strains isolated in our hospital during 1993. We examined 210 S. marcescens isolates...
- An outbreak of Serratia marcescens septicaemia in neonatal intensive care unit in Gaza City, PalestineA M Kh Al Jarousha
Laboratory Medicine Department, Al Azhar University, Gaza, Gaza Strip, Palestine
J Hosp Infect 70:119-26. 2008We performed a case-control study of Serratia marcescens incidence in the neonatal intensive care unit of a governmental Gaza Strip hospital from January to December 2005. S...
- Crystal structure of a complex between Serratia marcescens metallo-protease and an inhibitor from Erwinia chrysanthemiU Baumann
Institut für Organische Chemie und Biochemie der Universität, Freiburg, Germany
J Mol Biol 248:653-61. 1995The crystal structure of the complex between the 50 kDa metallo-endoproteinase from Serratia marcescens (SMP), a member of the metzincin superfamily, and an inhibitor from Erwinia chrysanthemi (Inh) was solved by molecular replacement ..
- Characterization of Hemolysin A from Proteus mirabilisTodd Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2004..for the secretion of large exoproteins, including the Ca2+-independent cytolysins/hemolyins from Serratia marcescens, Edwardsiella tarda, Yersinia pestis and Proteus mirabilis...
- Novel anti-bacterial therapy for gram negative pneumoniaKanneganti Murthy; Fiscal Year: 2001..strategies that target the N-terminal domain of flagellin reduce mortality in LD9O-100 murine models of Serratia marcescens induced acute pneumonia to less than 10 percent...
- ENZYMOLOGY OF ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCERichard Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2009..Plasmid encoded versions of FosA and FosX have been found in multi-drug resistant plasmids Serratia marcescens and P. putida...
- HPMB AS A MODEL FOR HEMOLYSIN SECRETION/ACTIVATIONTIMOTHY UPHOFF; Fiscal Year: 1999..Proteins related to HpmA and B have been identified as virulence factors among other species of Proteus, Serratia marcescens and a variety of other gram-negative bacterial pathogens...
- EVOLUTION AND REGULATION OF MERCURIAL RESISTANCE GENESTAPAN MISRA; Fiscal Year: 1992..The regulatory genes from the broad spectrum mercurial resistance operons of the Serratia marcescens plasmid pDU1358 and Staphylococcus aureus plasmid pI258 will be cloned into a hyperexpression vector (pI258)..
- CAMPYLOBACTER FETUS SURFACE LAYER PROTEIN SECRETIONStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2002..coli. They will use deletion and mutational analyses to define the C. fetus SapA C-terminal secretion signal. The ability of the SapA secretion to mediate the transport of normally non-secreted proteins also will be assessed. ..
- Campylobacter jejuni DNA methylation and gene regulationStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim 3. Elucidate the upstream factors and signals controlling Cj1461 and Cj0355 expression to reveal the entire regulatory circuit. ..
- Prevention of Healthcare-Associated Drug-Resistant GNRLisa Maragakis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Maragakis with the skills she needs to develop into an independent clinical investigator in epidemiologic research for the prevention of healthcare-associated infections. ..
- Campylobacter jejuni proteins induced at 37CStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2007..jejuni proteins that are induced at 37C.Specific Aim 3. Elucidate the roles of specific 37C-induced proteins in human epithelial cell binding and invasion in vitro, and in colonization in a mouse model. ..
- Susceptibility Testing, Treatment Choices, and Outcomes of MDR-GNB InfectionsLisa Maragakis; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research is designed to better understand how providers use information from various microbiology laboratory testing methods to choose treatments and to identify strategies that lead to the best patient outcomes. ..
- Campylobacter jejuni outer membrane protein vaccineStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. We will determine whether immunization of mice with conserved, purified recombinant OMPs protects against subsequent experimental C. jejuni infection. ..