Photobacterium profundum SS9
Alias: Photobacterium SS9, Photobacterium profundum str. SS9, Photobacterium profundum strain SS9, Photobacterium sp. (strain SS9), Photobacterium sp. SS9, deep-sea eubacterium SS9
- Isolation of a gene regulated by hydrostatic pressure in a deep-sea bacteriumD Bartlett
The Agouron Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037
Nature 342:572-4. 1989..The function of the OmpH protein in adaptation to high pressure and the use of the ompH gene in studying how bacteria sense and respond to pressure is discussed...
- Escherichia coli dinG gene encodes a putative DNA helicase related to a group of eukaryotic helicases including Rad3 proteinE V Koonin
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20894
Nucleic Acids Res 21:1497. 1993
- Sequence of the ompH gene from the deep-sea bacterium Photobacterium SS9D H Bartlett
Marine Biology Research Division, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0202
Gene 131:125-8. 1993..One exception is the discovery that the moderate barophile Photobacterium SS9 preferentially synthesizes a 37-kDa outer membrane protein, designated OmpH, in response to elevated ..
- Isolation and characterization of the structural gene for OmpL, a pressure-regulated porin-like protein from the deep-sea bacterium Photobacterium species strain SS9T J Welch
Center for Marine Biomedicine and Biotechnology, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0202, USA
J Bacteriol 178:5027-31. 1996..The deduced amino acid sequence of OmpL displays sequence homology to porin proteins from enteric bacteria. Gene fusion and primer extension analyses indicate that ompL is transcriptionally regulated by pressure...
- An rpoE-like locus controls outer membrane protein synthesis and growth at cold temperatures and high pressures in the deep-sea bacterium Photobacterium sp. strain SS9E Chi
Marine Biology Research Division, 0202, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0202, USA
Mol Microbiol 17:713-26. 1995..Complementation analyses indicated that ORF3 functions in OMP synthesis regulation while ORF4 is required for baro- and psychro-adaptation...
- Cloning, sequencing and overexpression of the gene encoding malate dehydrogenase from the deep-sea bacterium Photobacterium species strain SS9T J Welch
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Marine Biology Research Division, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0202, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1350:41-6. 1997..A comparison of SS9 MDH to three mesophile MDHs, a MDH sequence obtained from another deep-sea bacterium, and to other psychrophile proteins is presented...
- Triose-phosphate isomerase (TIM) of the psychrophilic bacterium Vibrio marinus. Kinetic and structural propertiesM Alvarez
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire et de Génie Génétique, Universite de Liege, Sart Tilman, Belgium
J Biol Chem 273:2199-206. 1998..The vTIM mutant A238S was produced and characterized. Compared with wild type, the catalytic efficiency of the A238S mutant is somewhat reduced, and its stability is considerably increased...
- Identification of a regulatory protein required for pressure-responsive gene expression in the deep-sea bacterium Photobacterium species strain SS9T J Welch
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0202, USA
Mol Microbiol 27:977-85. 1998..The SS9 ToxR system represents a useful model for studies of signal transduction and environmental adaptation in the largest portion of the biosphere, the deep sea...
- RecD function is required for high-pressure growth of a deep-sea bacteriumK A Bidle
Marine Biology Research Division, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0202, USA
J Bacteriol 181:2330-7. 1999A genomic library derived from the deep-sea bacterium Photobacterium profundum SS9 was conjugally delivered into a previously isolated pressure-sensitive SS9 mutant, designated EC1002 (E. Chi and D. H. Bartlett, J. Bacteriol...
- FabF is required for piezoregulation of cis-vaccenic acid levels and piezophilic growth of the deep-Sea bacterium Photobacterium profundum strain SS9E E Allen
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Marine Biology Research Division, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0202, USA
J Bacteriol 182:1264-71. 2000..low-temperature growth, the fabF gene from the psychrotolerant, piezophilic deep-sea bacterium Photobacterium profundum strain SS9 was characterized and its role and regulation were examined...
- RNA arbitrarily primed PCR survey of genes regulated by ToxR in the deep-sea bacterium Photobacterium profundum strain SS9K A Bidle
Marine Biology Research Division, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, La Jolla, California 92093 0202, USA
J Bacteriol 183:1688-93. 2001We are currently investigating the role of ToxR-mediated gene regulation in Photobacterium profundum strain SS9. SS9 is a moderately piezophilic ("pressure loving") psychrotolerant marine bacterium belonging to the family Vibrionaceae...
- Structure and regulation of the omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid synthase genes from the deep-sea bacterium Photobacterium profundum strain SS9Eric E Allen
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Marine Biology Research Division, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0202, USA
Microbiology 148:1903-13. 2002..This paper presents the sequence of a 33 kbp locus from the deep-sea bacterium Photobacterium profundum strain SS9 which includes four of the five genes required for EPA biosynthesis...
- Identification of Fur regulated genes in the bacterial fish pathogen Photobacterium damselae ssp. piscicida using the Fur titration assayCarlos R Osorio
Departamento de Microbioloxia e Parasitoloxia, Instituto de Acuicultura, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, Spain
Biometals 17:725-33. 2004..Genes encoding a putative complete iron-regulated outer membrane transport protein and a pseudogene of a transport protein were found. The FURTA assay also revealed iron regulation of the AraC type transcriptional regulation...
- Photobacterium rosenbergii sp. nov. and Enterovibrio coralii sp. nov., vibrios associated with coral bleachingF L Thompson
Microbial Resources Division and Brazilian Collection of Environmental and Industrial Micro organisms CBMAI, CPQBA, CP 6171, UNICAMP, CEP 13081 970, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 55:913-7. 2005..nov. (type strain LMG 22228(T)=CBMAI 623(T)=CC17(T)) are proposed to accommodate these new isolates. The G+C contents of the DNA of the two type strains are respectively 47.6 and 48.2 mol%...
- Elucidation of exo-beta-D-glucosaminidase activity of a family 9 glycoside hydrolase (PBPRA0520) from Photobacterium profundum SS9Yuji Honda
Department of Food Science, Ishikawa Prefectural University, 1 308 Suematsu, Nonoichi, Ishikawa 921 8836, Japan
Glycobiology 21:503-11. 2011A glycoside hydrolase (GH) gene from Photobacterium profundum SS9 (PBPRA0520) belonging to GH family 9 was expressed in Escherichia coli...
- METHODS AND COMPOSITIONS FOR CONTROLLING GENE EXPRESSION BY RNA PROCESSINGPatent Number: EP2880171-A2; Date:2015-06-10
- Plants with increased tolerance and/or resistance to environmental stress and increased biomass productionPatent Number: WO2008142034-A2; Date:2008-11-27
- Plants with increased yieldPatent Number: WO2009037279-A1; Date:2009-03-26
- Lipid metabolism proteins, combinations of lipid metabolism proteins and uses thereofPatent Number: WO2009077406-A1; Date:2009-06-25
- Process for the production of luteinPatent Number: EP2096177-A2; Date:2009-09-02
- Method for producing a transgenic plant cell, a plant or a part thereof with increased resistance biotic stressPatent Number: WO2010037714-A1; Date:2010-04-08
- Plants with increased yield (nue)Patent Number: WO2010046221-A1; Date:2010-04-29
- Process for the production of fine chemicalsPatent Number: EP2194140-A2; Date:2010-06-09
- Process for the control of production of fine chemicalsPatent Number: EP2199304-A1; Date:2010-06-23
- Proteins associated with abiotic stress response and homologsPatent Number: EP2221382-A2; Date:2010-08-25
- STRUCTURE-BASED COMPOUND DESIGN INVOLVING RIBOSWITCHESPatent Number: JP2012065661-A; Date:2012-04-05
- RECOMBINANT HOST CELLS COMPRISING PHOSPHOKETOLASESPatent Number: KR1020130117753-A; Date:2013-10-28
- STRUCTURE-BASED COMPOUND DESIGN INVOLVING RIBOSWITCHESPatent Number: JP2008518630-A; Date:2008-06-05
- Proteins associated with abiotic stress response and homologsPatent Number: WO2007110314-A; Date:2007-10-04