Genomes and Genes
Legionella pneumophila subsp. pneumophila str. Philadelphia 1
Alias: Legionella pneumophila subsp. pneumophila 'Philadelphia 1', Legionella pneumophila subsp. pneumophila strain Philadelphia 1
- Zhao J, Beyrakhova K, Liu Y, Alvarez C, Bueler S, Xu L, et al. Molecular basis for the binding and modulation of V-ATPase by a bacterial effector protein. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006394 pubmed publisher..Fluorescence experiments indicate that SidK binding decreases the affinity of V-ATPase for a fluorescent analogue of ATP. Together, these results reveal the structural basis for the fine-tuning of V-ATPase activity by SidK. ..
- Gazdag E, Schöbel S, Shkumatov A, Goody R, Itzen A. The structure of the N-terminal domain of the Legionella protein SidC. J Struct Biol. 2014;186:188-94 pubmed publisher..These domains are highly interconnected, with a low degree of flexibility towards each other. Due to the extended arrangement of the subdomains, SidC-N may contain multiple binding sites for potential interaction partners. ..
- Son J, Jo C, Murugan R, Bang J, Hwang K, Lee W. Crystal structure of Legionella pneumophila type IV secretion system effector LegAS4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;465:817-24 pubmed publisher..Conserved surface residues on the ankyrin repeat domain surround a small pocket, which is suspected to serve as a binding site for an unknown ligand. ..
- Wong K, Perpich J, Kozlov G, Cygler M, Abu Kwaik Y, Gehring K. Structural Mimicry by a Bacterial F Box Effector Hijacks the Host Ubiquitin-Proteasome System. Structure. 2017;25:376-383 pubmed publisher..pneumophila intracellular proliferation. The study reveals how Legionella uses molecular mimicry to manipulate the host ubiquitination pathway and proliferate intracellularly. ..
- Yao D, Cherney M, Cygler M. Structure of the N-terminal domain of the effector protein LegC3 from Legionella pneumophila. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2014;70:436-41 pubmed publisher..No similar protein fold has been observed in the PDB. A long loop at the tip of the coiled-coil distal from the membrane is disordered and may be important for interaction with an as yet unidentified protein. ..
- Rauch I, Tenthorey J, Nichols R, Al Moussawi K, Kang J, Kang C, et al. NAIP proteins are required for cytosolic detection of specific bacterial ligands in vivo. J Exp Med. 2016;213:657-65 pubmed publisher..Our results provide genetic evidence that specific NAIP proteins function to detect specific bacterial proteins in vivo. ..
- Young B, Caldwell T, McKenzie A, Kokhan O, Berndsen C. Characterization of the structure and catalytic activity of Legionella pneumophila VipF. Proteins. 2016;84:1422-30 pubmed publisher..Given that chloramphenicol is not known to be N-acetylated, this is a surprising finding suggesting that VipF is capable of O-acetyltransferase activity. Proteins 2016; 84:1422-1430. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Soares da Costa T, Desbois S, Dogovski C, Gorman M, Ketaren N, Paxman J, et al. Structural Determinants Defining the Allosteric Inhibition of an Essential Antibiotic Target. Structure. 2016;24:1282-1291 pubmed publisher..This study has unveiled the molecular determinants defining lysine-mediated allosteric inhibition of bacterial DHDPS. ..
- Zhang N, Yin S, Zhang W, Gong X, Zhang N, Fang K, et al. Crystal Structure and Biochemical Characterization of an Aminopeptidase LapB from Legionella pneumophila. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:7569-7578 pubmed publisher..CD analysis provided evidence that organic solvents induce the PA domain conformational changes that eliminate the inhibition role. The unique properties indicate the application potential of LapB in the food processing industry. ..
- Dhatwalia R, Singh H, Reilly T, Tanner J. Crystal structure and tartrate inhibition of Legionella pneumophila histidine acid phosphatase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2015;585:32-38 pubmed publisher..These features imply that nucleoside monophosphates may not be preferred substrates. Kinetics measurements confirm that AMP is a relatively inefficient in vitro substrate of LpHAP. ..
- Xu X, Grant G. Mutagenic and chemical analyses provide new insight into enzyme activation and mechanism of the type 2 iron-sulfur l-serine dehydratase from Legionella pneumophila. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2016;596:108-17 pubmed publisher..This is in contrast to pyridoxyl 5' phosphate based dehydratases that release an enamine/imine intermediate into solution, which then hydrolyzes to produce the ketoamine product. ..
- Yan Y, Grant G, Gross M. Hydrogen-Deuterium Exchange Mass Spectrometry Reveals Unique Conformational and Chemical Transformations Occurring upon [4Fe-4S] Cluster Binding in the Type 2 L-Serine Dehydratase from Legionella pneumophila. Biochemistry. 2015;54:5322-8 pubmed publisher..These observations provide a picture of how the cluster loci are stabilized and poised to receive the cluster in the apo form and the requirement for a reduction step during cluster formation. ..
- Abbott Z, Yakhnin H, Babitzke P, Swanson M. csrR, a Paralog and Direct Target of CsrA, Promotes Legionella pneumophila Resilience in Water. MBio. 2015;6:e00595 pubmed publisher..Our discovery that one paralog, CsrR, is a target of CsrA that enhances survival in water is an important step toward understanding colonization of the engineered environment by pathogenic L. pneumophila. ..
- Zhou D, Pan Y, Chen X, Zhang N, Ge H. Crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of the major acid phosphatase from Legionella pneumophila. Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun. 2015;71:779-83 pubmed publisher..51, b = 73.51, c = 98.78 Ã…, Î± = 78.82, Î² = 77.65, Î³ = 67.73Â°, respectively. Diffraction data were collected at 100 K and the phases were determined using the molecular-replacement method. ..
- Hubber A, Arasaki K, Nakatsu F, Hardiman C, Lambright D, De Camilli P, et al. The machinery at endoplasmic reticulum-plasma membrane contact sites contributes to spatial regulation of multiple Legionella effector proteins. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004222 pubmed publisher..pneumophila. These data indicate that PI4P metabolism by enzymes controlling PM-ER contact sites regulate the association of L. pneumophila effectors to coordinate early stages of vacuole biogenesis...
- Pinotsis N, Waksman G. Crystal structure of the Legionella pneumophila Lpg2936 in complex with the cofactor S-adenosyl-L-methionine reveals novel insights into the mechanism of RsmE family methyltransferases. Protein Sci. 2017;26:2381-2391 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore also provide unprecedented insights into AdoMet/RsmE interaction, furthering our understanding of the RsmE catalytic mechanism. ..