Genomes and Genes
Aspergillus flavus NRRL3357
- Mahmud A, Hattori K, Hongwen C, Kitamoto N, Suzuki T, Nakamura K, et al. NAD?-dependent xylitol dehydrogenase (xdhA) and L-arabitol-4-dehydrogenase (ladA) deletion mutants of Aspergillus oryzae for improved xylitol production. Biotechnol Lett. 2013;35:769-77 pubmed publisher..xdhA, ladA, and the double-deletion mutant produced, respectively, 12.4 g xylitol/l with a yield of 0.24 g/g D-xylose, 12.4 g/l with a yield of 0.33 g/g D-xylose, and 8.6 g/l at a yield of 0.26 g/g D-xylose. ..
- Collings I, Watier Y, Giffard M, Dagogo S, Kahn R, Bonneté F, et al. Polymorphism of microcrystalline urate oxidase from Aspergillus flavus. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2010;66:539-48 pubmed publisher..The outcome of our analysis verifies previously reported results as well as demonstrating polymorphs that have altered unit-cell dimensions with respect to known structural models. ..
- Chang P, Scharfenstein L, Ehrlich K, Diana Di Mavungu J. The Aspergillus flavus fluP-associated metabolite promotes sclerotial production. Fungal Biol. 2016;120:1258-68 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that FluP polyketide synthase is involved in the synthesis of a diffusible metabolite that could serve as a signal molecule to regulate sclerotiogenesis. ..
- Seshime Y, Juvvadi P, Tokuoka M, Koyama Y, Kitamoto K, Ebizuka Y, et al. Functional expression of the Aspergillus flavus PKS-NRPS hybrid CpaA involved in the biosynthesis of cyclopiazonic acid. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009;19:3288-92 pubmed publisher..This CpaA expression system provides us an ideal platform for PKS-NRPS functional analysis, such as adenylation domain selectivity and product releasing mechanism...
- Baidya S, Duran R, Lohmar J, Harris Coward P, Cary J, Hong S, et al. VeA is associated with the response to oxidative stress in the aflatoxin producer Aspergillus flavus. Eukaryot Cell. 2014;13:1095-103 pubmed publisher..Our study also revealed that veA positively influences the expression of the transcription factor gene atfB and that normal formation of DNA-protein complexes in the cat1 promoter is dependent on AtfB...
- Cary J, Harris Coward P, Ehrlich K, Mack B, Kale S, Larey C, et al. NsdC and NsdD affect Aspergillus flavus morphogenesis and aflatoxin production. Eukaryot Cell. 2012;11:1104-11 pubmed publisher..Our results support previous studies showing that there is a strong association between conidiophore and sclerotium development and aflatoxin production in A. flavus...
- Liu X, Walsh C. Characterization of cyclo-acetoacetyl-L-tryptophan dimethylallyltransferase in cyclopiazonic acid biosynthesis: substrate promiscuity and site directed mutagenesis studies. Biochemistry. 2009;48:11032-44 pubmed publisher..Subsequent site-directed mutagenesis studies identified five polar/charged residues and five tyrosine residues within these motifs that are critical for CpaD activity...
- Liu X, Walsh C. Cyclopiazonic acid biosynthesis in Aspergillus sp.: characterization of a reductase-like R* domain in cyclopiazonate synthetase that forms and releases cyclo-acetoacetyl-L-tryptophan. Biochemistry. 2009;48:8746-57 pubmed publisher..It is likely that cyclization of beta-ketoacylaminoacyl-S-pantetheinyl intermediates to released tetramates represents a default cyclization/release route for redox-incompetent R* domains embedded in NRPS assembly lines...