Publications163 found, 100 shown here
- Studies on antimicrobial activities of solvent extracts of different spicesDilek Keskin
Cine High Vocational School, Adnan Menderes University, Cine Aydin 09500, Turkey
J Environ Biol 32:251-6. 2011..cloaca ATCC 13047, Corynebacterium xerosis UC 9165, Streptococcus faecalis DC 74, Kluyveromyces marxianus, Rhodotorula rubra were used in this investigation...
- Liposomal amphotericin B: what is its role in 2008?F Lanternier
Faculté de Médecine Paris Descartes, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Centre d Infectiologie Necker Pasteur, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:71-83. 2008..Candida glabrata and Candida parapsilosis, and against more resistant, emerging yeasts species such as Rhodotorula spp., Geotrichum spp. and Trichosporon spp.. LAmB is also active against Cryptococcus spp...
- Characterization of butter spoiling yeasts and their inhibition by some spicesOsman Sagdic
Erciyes Univ, Engineering Faculty, Dept of Food Engineering, 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
J Food Sci 75:M597-603. 2010..kefyr, C. zeylanoides, and C. lambica-and with moderate number of isolates belonging to genera Cryptococcus, Rhodotorula, Saccharomyces, and Zygosaccharomyces. Black cumin exhibited the highest antiyeast activity against C...
- [Role of yeasts in diabetic foot ulcer infection]Emilija Mlinaric Missoni
Odsjek za klinicku mikologiju, Hrvatski zavod za javno zdravstvo, Zagreb
Acta Med Croatica 60:43-50. 2006..Another aim was to explore risk factors for the development of fungal infections in foot ulcer...
- Development of a novel PCR assay for the identification of the black yeast, Exophiala (Wangiella) dermatitidis from adult patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)Yuriko Nagano
Department of Bacteriology, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT9 7AD, United Kingdom
J Cyst Fibros 7:576-80. 2008..Aspergillus fumigatus, Aspergillus versicolor, Pichia guilliermondii, Rhodotorula sp., Trichosporon sp., Aureobasidium pullulans, Fusarium sp...
- Decaying wood in tree trunk hollows as a natural substrate for Cryptococcus neoformans and other yeast-like fungi of clinical interestH S Randhawa
Department of Medical Mycology, Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, University of Delhi, India
Mycopathologia 151:63-9. 2001..guilliermondii, C. krusei, C. tropicalis, C. zeylanoides, Trichosporon cutaneum, Rhodotorula mucilaginosa, R. glutinis, Geotrichum capitatum, G. klebahnii and Sporobolomyces salmonicolor...
- [Evaluation of a new method for antifungal drugs susceptibility testing to yeasts]S Ishigaki
Department of Central Laboratory, Teikyo School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:221-30. 2000..4 Candida krusei, 6 Trichosporon cutaneum, 5 Candida ciferrii, 3 Candida famata, 4 Candida norvegensis, 2 Rhodotorula rubra, 3 Candida lusitaniae, 2 Candida curvata, 1 Candida inconspicua, 1 Candida intermedia, 1 Candida ..
- Efficiency of blood culture bottles for the fungal sterility testing of corneal organ culture mediaG Thuret
Department of Ophthalmology, Bellevue Hospital, 25 Boulevard Pasteur, F 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
Br J Ophthalmol 89:586-90. 2005..The authors aimed to compare sensitivity and rapidity of fungal contamination detection by three methods: blood bottles, Sabouraud, and daily visual inspection of the organ culture medium...
- Rapid identification of Cryptococcus neoformans var. grubii, C. neoformans var. neoformans, and C. gattii by use of rapid biochemical tests, differential media, and DNA sequencingLisa McTaggart
Medical Mycology, Ontario Public Health Laboratories, Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion, Department ofLaboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 49:2522-7. 2011..All 123 Cryptococcus isolates hydrolyzed urea, along with 7 isolates of Rhodotorula and Trichosporon. Eighty-five of 86 C. neoformans (99%) and 26 of 27 C...
- In-vitro activity of 5-fluorocytosine against 1,021 Spanish clinical isolates of Candida and other medically important yeastsGuillermo Quindos
Departamento de Inmunologia, Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Bilbao, Spain
Rev Iberoam Micol 21:63-9. 2004..tropicalis, 28 Candida krusei, 20 Candida famata, 11 Cryptococcus neoformans, 5 Cryptococcus albidus, 43 Rhodotorula spp., 24 Trichosporon spp., 5 Saccharomyces cerevisiae, 9 Pichia spp...
- Process analysis of variables for standardization of antifungal susceptibility testing of nonfermentative yeastsOscar Zaragoza
Servicio de Micologia, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Carretera Majadahonda Pozuelo, Km 2, Majadahonda 28220, Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1563-70. 2011..species of nonfermentative yeasts such as Cryptococcus neoformans, Cryptococcus gattii, Cryptococcus albidus, Rhodotorula spp., Yarrowia lipolytica, Geotrichum spp., and Trichosporon spp...
- Multidrug resistant yeasts in synanthropic wild birdsAlexander Tiong Kah Lord
The International Medical University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 9:11. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the presence of multidrug resistant yeasts in the faeces of synanthropic wild birds from the Bangsar suburb of Kuala Lumpur...
- Continuous production of L-phenylalanine by Rhodotorula glutinis immobilized cells using a column reactorAhmed I El-Batal
National Center for Radiation Research and Technology, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt aelbatel
Acta Microbiol Pol 51:153-69. 2002....
- Stability of microbial communities in goat milk during a lactation year: molecular approachesCécile Callon
INRA Unité de Recherches Fromagères URF545, INRA, 36 rue de Salers, 15000 Aurillac, France
Syst Appl Microbiol 30:547-60. 2007..The yeast community was composed of Debaryomyces hansenii, Kluyveromyces lactis, Trichosporon beigelii, Rhodotorula glutinis, Rhodotorula minuta, Candida pararugosa, Candida intermedia, Candida inconspicua, Cryptococcus ..
- In-vitro antifungal activity of liposomal nystatin in comparison with nystatin, amphotericin B cholesteryl sulphate, liposomal amphotericin B, amphotericin B lipid complex, amphotericin B desoxycholate, fluconazole and itraconazoleA J Carrillo-Munoz
Department of Microbiology, Asesoría Científica y de Investigación Aplicada, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 44:397-401. 1999..Candida guilliermondii, Candida tropicalis, Candida kefyr, Candida viswanathii, Candida famata, Candida rugosa, Rhodotorula rubra, Trichosporon spp., Cryptococcus laurentii and Cryptococcus neoformans...
- Removal of L-alanine from the production of L-2-aminobutyric acid by introduction of alanine racemase and D-amino acid oxidaseLi Zhu
Key Laboratory of Synthetic Biology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 300 Fenglin Rd, Shanghai 200032, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 90:903-10. 2011..the remnant L-alanine, alanine racemase of Bacillus subtilis in combination with D-amino acid oxidase of Rhodotorula gracilis or Trigonopsis variabilis respectively was introduced into the reaction system for the L-2-..
- Characterization of low-molecular-weight antiyeast metabolites produced by a food-protective Lactobacillus-Propionibacterium cocultureSusanne Miescher Schwenninger
Laboratory of Food Biotechnology, Institute of Food Science and Nutrition, ETH Zentrum, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
J Food Prot 71:2481-7. 2008..permeate medium yielding cell-free supernatants with high antiyeast activity against Candida pulcherrima and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa...
- Activity of MGCD290, a Hos2 histone deacetylase inhibitor, in combination with azole antifungals against opportunistic fungal pathogensM A Pfaller
Medical Microbiology Division, Department of Pathology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Clin Microbiol 47:3797-804. 2009..isolates, 10 Aspergillus isolates, 15 isolates of the Zygomycetes order, 10 Cryptococcus neoformans isolates, 8 Rhodotorula isolates, 8 Fusarium isolates, 5 Trichosporon isolates, and 5 Scedosporium isolates...
- Involvement of Tetrahymena pyriformis and selected fungi in the elimination of anthracene, and toxicity assessment of the biotransformation productsP Guiraud
Laboratoire ORSOX EA 3776, CEA LRC 8M, Universite Joseph Fourier, UFR de Pharmacie, Domaine de la Merci, 38700 La Tronche, France
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 69:296-305. 2008..In contrast, the fungi Cunninghamella elegans, Absidia fusca, Absidia cylindrospora, Rhodotorula glutinis, and Aspergillus terreus were able to transform AC with a high efficiency...
- Uncommon opportunistic fungi: new nosocomial threatsA H Groll
Immunocompromised Host Section, Pediatric Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Clin Microbiol Infect 7:8-24. 2001..and yeast-like pathogens (such as Trichosporon species, Blastoschizomyces capitatus, Malassezia species, Rhodotorula rubra and others) are increasingly encountered as causing life threatening invasive infections that are often ..
- The yeast species causing fungemia at a university hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, during a 10-year periodSaleh S A Al-Hedaithy
The Medical Mycology Unit, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, College of Medicine and King Khalid University Hospital, PO Box 2925, Riyadh 11461, Saudi Arabia
Mycoses 46:293-8. 2003..2%), C. famata (1.0%); 3.2% were due to other species, namely Blastoschizomyces capitatus, Hansenula anomala, Rhodotorula rubra, and Trichosporon beigelii. The percentage of episodes of fungemia caused by C. albicans ranged from 36...
- Yeasts in an industrial malting ecosystemA Laitila
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, PO Box 1000, Tietotie 2, Espoo, 02044 VTT, Finland
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 33:953-66. 2006..Saccharomyces and Williopsis and the basidiomycetous yeasts to Bulleromyces, Filobasidium, Cryptococcus, Rhodotorula, Sporobolomyces and Trichosporon...
- Prevalence of yeasts in beach sand at three bathing beaches in South FloridaC Vogel
SUNY, Marine Sciences Research Center, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5000, USA
Water Res 41:1915-20. 2007..The most frequently encountered yeasts were Candida tropicalis and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa...
- Separation of fructooligosaccharides using zeolite fixed bed columnsRaquel Cristine Kuhn
Laboratory of Bioprocess Engineering, Food Engineering Department, P O Box 6121, University of Campinas, 13083 862 Campinas, SP, Brazil
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:2023-8. 2010..FOS were produced by an enzyme isolated from Rhodotorula sp., which produces GF2 (kestose), GF3 (nystose) and GF4 (frutofuranosyl nystose)...
- Isolation and identification of yeast flora from genital tract in healthy female camels (Camelus dromedarius)Hojjatollah Shokri
Mycology Research Center, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Vet Microbiol 144:183-6. 2010..1%), Trichosporon (10.1%), Geotrichum (7.5%), Kluyveromyces (3.5%), Rhodotorula (2.4%), Aureobasidium (1.4%), Cryptococcus (1.1%) and Prototheca (0.8%). Among different Candida species, C...
- Species distribution and frequency of isolation of yeasts and dermatophytes from toe webs of diabetic patientsEmilija Mlinarić-Missoni
Croatian National Institute of Public Health, Rockefellerova 2, HR 10000 Zagreb Croatia
Acta Dermatovenerol Croat 13:85-92. 2005..6% of the patients). From toe webs, 24 fungal species, 21 yeast species belonging to nine genera (Candida, Rhodotorula, Cryptococcus, Trichosporon, Saccharomyces, Blastoschizomyces, Geotrichum, Debaryomyces, and Ustilago) as well ..
- Assessment of anthracene toxicity toward environmental eukaryotic microorganisms: Tetrahymena pyriformis and selected micromycetesJ L Bonnet
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite d Auvergne, 28 Place Henri Dunant, BP38, 63001 Clermont Ferrand, Cedex 1, France
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 60:87-100. 2005..From IC(50) values determined by endpoint or kinetic methods, Rhodotorula glutinis and all of the Ascomycotina (except for Penicillium chrysogenum) were the most sensitive species, ..
- Manganese (Mn2+)-dependent storage stabilization of Rhodotorula glutinis phenylalanine ammonia-lyase activityMark J Wall
Department of Chemistry, Cape Breton University, 1250 Grand Lake Road, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada B1P 6L2
J Agric Food Chem 56:894-902. 2008..Optimal conditions for the growth and PAL activity of Rhodotorula glutinis cells and an improved method for the synthesis of l-phenylalanine have been reported...
- Isolation of cryptococcus, Candida, Aspergillus, Rhodotorula and nocardia from meningitis patients in egyptMona L Elias
US Naval Medical Research Unit 3, Cairo, Egypt
J Egypt Public Health Assoc 84:169-81. 2009..neoformans var grubii (serotype A), 4 as Candida albicans, and one each of Aspergillus candidus, Rhodotorula mucilaginosa (rubra) and Nocardia spp (actinomycetes)...
- [Antimicrobial activity of volatile oil from Atractylodes lancea against three species of endophytic fungi and seven species of exogenous fungi]Yu Wang
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Biodiversity and Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing 210046, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 20:2778-84. 2009..It had strong antimicrobial activity against Rhodotorula glutinis and Saprolegnia, but weak activity against Rhizopus and Absidia...
- Utilization of low molecular weight aromatic compounds by heterobasidiomycetous yeasts: taxonomic implicationsJ P Sampaio
Laboratory of Microbiology, Faculty of Sciences and Technology, New University of Lisbon, Caparica, Portugal
Can J Microbiol 45:491-512. 1999..Among the Urediniomycetes, the members of the Sporidiales and those of the Naohidea-Rhodotorula minuta clade showed a good ability to utilize aromatic compounds, whereas the members of the Agaricostilbum-..
- Exopolysaccharides produced by mixed culture of yeast Rhodotorula rubra GED10 and yogurt bacteria (Streptococcus thermophilus 13a + Lactobacillus bulgaricus 2-11)E D Simova
Laboratory of Applied Microbiology, Institute of Microbiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Maritza Blvd, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
J Appl Microbiol 97:512-9. 2004....
- Yeast diversity and dynamics in the production processes of Norwegian dry-cured meat productsDereje T Asefa
The National Veterinary Institute, Sentrum, Oslo, Norway
Int J Food Microbiol 133:135-40. 2009..401 yeast isolates belonging to 10 species of the following six genera were identified: Debaryomyces, Candida, Rhodotorula, Rhodosporidium, Cryptococcus and Sporidiobolus...
- Differences in the microflora of scarified and unscarified seeds of Karwinskia humboldtiana (Rhamnaceae)M Henselová
Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Science, Comenius University, 842 15 Bratislava, Slovakia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 46:543-8. 2001..Fusarium sp., Mucor sp., Penicillium commune, Trichothecium sp.; from yeasts Rhodotorula sp. and Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Seed scarification significantly reduced the microbial contamination...
- Production of curcuminoids by Escherichia coli carrying an artificial biosynthesis pathwayYohei Katsuyama
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Microbiology 154:2620-8. 2008..curcuminoid biosynthetic pathway, including reactions of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase (PAL) from the yeast Rhodotorula rubra, 4-coumarate : CoA ligase (4CL) from Lithospermum erythrorhizon and curcuminoid synthase (CUS) from rice (..
- Induction of phytoalexins biosynthesis in orange fruit by the biocontrol yeast Rhodotorula glutinisG Arras
C N R Istituto di Scienze delle Produzioni Alimentari, sez Sassari Via dei Mille, 48 Sassari, Italy
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 71:915-21. 2006The biocontrol yeast Rhodotorula glutinis, isolate 21A, obtained from tomato fruit was used to control Penicillium digitatum, P. italicum and Botrytis cinerea on artificially wounded citrus fruit...
- Microbial community on healthy and diseased leaves of an invasive plant Eupatorium adenophorum in Southwest ChinaZhen Xin Zhou
Laboratory of Conservation and Utilization for Bio resources, Yunnan University, Kunming, 650091, PR China
J Microbiol 48:139-45. 2010..52.9% of fungal clones from healthy leaves were Ustilaginomycetes, close to Rhodotorula phylloplana and uncultured basidomycete; by contrast, 60% of clones from diseased leaves were Lecanoromycetes, ..
- Suppression of Rhizoctonia solani diseases of sugar beet by antagonistic and plant growth-promoting yeastsK A El-Tarabily
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, 17551, United Arab Emirates
J Appl Microbiol 96:69-75. 2004Isolates of Candida valida, Rhodotorula glutinis and Trichosporon asahii from the rhizosphere of sugar beet in Egypt were examined for their ability to colonize roots, to promote plant growth and to protect sugar beet from Rhizoctonia ..
- Investigating the role of active site residues of Rhodotorula gracilis D-amino acid oxidase on its substrate specificityAngelo Boselli
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Sciences, University of Insubria, via J H Dunant 3, 21100 Varese, Italy
Biochimie 89:360-8. 2007..number of mutants at position M213, Y223, Y238, R285, S335, and Q339 were prepared in the enzyme from the yeast Rhodotorula gracilis...
- Genes of the thymidine salvage pathway: thymine-7-hydroxylase from a Rhodotorula glutinis cDNA library and iso-orotate decarboxylase from Neurospora crassaJeffrey A Smiley
Department of Chemistry, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH 44555, United States
Biochim Biophys Acta 1723:256-64. 2005..THase was isolated from a Rhodotorula glutinis cDNA library using a degenerate oligonucleotide based on the published amino acid sequence...
- C- and N-catabolic utilization of tricarboxylic acid cycle-related amino acids by Scheffersomyces stipitis and other yeastsStefan Freese
Department of Biology IV Microbiology und Genetics, Unit of Applied Microbiology, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Yeast 28:375-90. 2011..maltosa, Pichia capsulata and Yarrowia lipolytica and in basidiomycetous species such as Rhodotorula rubra and Trichosporon beigelii. Glutamate was a very efficient carbon source for Sc...
- Volatilization and precipitation of tellurium by aerobic, tellurite-resistant marine microbesPatrick R L Ollivier
College of Marine and Earth Studies, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19711, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:7163-73. 2008..The tellurite-resistant strains recovered were either yeasts related to marine isolates of Rhodotorula spp...
- Responses of 2 epiphytic yeasts to foliar infection by Rhizoctonia solani or mechanical wounding on the phylloplane of tall fescueShannon Nix
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Georgia, Griffin, GA 30223 1797, USA
Can J Microbiol 55:1160-5. 2009..was conducted to determine how foliar disease or wounding affects the ability of 2 phylloplane yeasts (Rhodotorula glutinis and Cryptococcus laurentii) to colonize leaves of tall fescue (Festuca arundinacea)...
- Yeast interactions and wine flavourGraham H Fleet
Food Science and Technology, School of Chemical Sciences, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Int J Food Microbiol 86:11-22. 2003..has a predominance of Aureobasidium pullulans, Metschnikowia, Hanseniaspora (Kloeckera), Cryptococcus and Rhodotorula species depending on stage of maturity...
- Controlled enzymatic production of astrocytic hydrogen peroxide protects neurons from oxidative stress via an Nrf2-independent pathwayRENEE E HASKEW-LAYTON
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, The Burke Medical Research Institute, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:17385-90. 2010..production in astrocytes cocultured with neurons, we heterologously expressed the H(2)O(2)-producing enzyme Rhodotorula gracilis D-amino acid oxidase (rgDAAO) selectively in astrocytes...
- Oily yeasts as oleaginous cell factoriesJose Manuel Ageitos
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 90:1219-27. 2011..The oily yeast genera include Yarrowia, Candida, Rhodotorula, Rhodosporidium, Cryptococcus, Trichosporon, and Lipomyces...
- Mixed culture of oleaginous yeast Rhodotorula glutinis and microalga Chlorella vulgaris for lipid production from industrial wastes and its use as biodiesel feedstockBenjamas Cheirsilp
Department of Industrial Biotechnology, Faculty of Agro Industry, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai 90112, Thailand
N Biotechnol 28:362-8. 2011A mixed culture of oleaginous yeast Rhodotorula glutinis and microalga Chlorella vulgaris was performed to enhance lipid production from industrial wastes...
- Isolation and characterization of biarylic structure-degrading yeasts: hydroxylation potential of dibenzofuranM Cristina Romer
Instituto Spegazzini, Fac Ciencias Naturales y Museo Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina
Environ Pollut 118:379-82. 2002..Candida tenuis, Candida tropicalis, two Pichia anomala strains, Pichia haplophila, two Rhodotorula glutinis strains, Rhodotorula mucilaginosa, two Trichosporon pullulans strains and Yarrowia lipolytica were ..
- [Biodiversity of mycocoenoses of oral cavity, throat and nose of children aged 6-15 years]Elzbieta Ejdys
Zakład Mikologii, Uniwersytet Warmińsko Mazurski, ul Oczapowskiego 1A, 10 719 Olsztyn Kortowo
Wiad Parazytol 49:363-74. 2003..A total of 13 species representing 5 genera: Candida, Rhodotorula, Saccharomyces, Saccharomycopsis and Trichosporon were found in the material studied...
- Seasonal variability of culturable fungal genera in the house dust of inner-city residencesSook Ja Cho
Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 5:780-9. 2008..of 13 fungal genera (Cladosporium, yeasts, Aureobasidium, Alternaria, Penicillium, Epicoccum, Mucor, Rhodotorula, Aspergillus, sterile fungi, Phoma, Pithomyces, and Fusarium) found in more than 20% of total dust samples...
- Multicenter comparison of the sensititre YeastOne Colorimetric Antifungal Panel with the National Committee for Clinical Laboratory standards M27-A reference method for testing clinical isolates of common and emerging Candida spp., Cryptococcus spp., and A Espinel-Ingroff
Medical College of Virginia of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
J Clin Microbiol 37:591-5. 1999..14 common and emerging species of Candida, Hansenula anomala, Rhodotorula spp., Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Sporobolomyces salmonicolor, and Trichosporon beigelii...
- Differentiation of Candida albicans from non-albicans yeast directly from blood cultures by Gram stain morphologyA Harrington
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 98195 7110, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 26:325-9. 2007..parapsilosis 8%, Candida krusei 7%, Candida tropicalis 5%, Candida dubliniensis 2%, and Candida lusitaniae 2%), Rhodotorula mucilaginosa 2%, and Cryptococcus neoformans 3%...
- Lactobacillus coryniformis subsp. coryniformis strain Si3 produces a broad-spectrum proteinaceous antifungal compoundJ Magnusson
Department of Microbiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:1-5. 2001..The yeasts Rhodotorula glutinis, Sporobolomyces roseus, and Pichia anomala were not inhibited...
- Cell wall preparations from environmental yeasts: effect on alveolar macrophage function in vitroW G Sorenson
Division of Respiratory Disease Studies, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, NIOSH DRDS, 1095 Willowdale Road, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Ann Agric Environ Med 5:65-71. 1998..the present study, preparations from the cell walls of Pichia fabianii, Candida sake, Trichosporon capitatum, Rhodotorula glutinis, and Cryptococcus laurentii were compared with zymosan and beta-1,3-glucan for their ability to ..
- Characterization of micro-organisms isolated from dairy industry after cleaning and fogging disinfection with alkyl amine and peracetic acidE Bore
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Agricultural University of Norway, As, Norway
J Appl Microbiol 98:96-105. 2005..To characterize micro-organisms isolated from Norwegian dairy production plants after cleaning and fogging disinfection with alkyl amine/peracetic acid and to indicate reasons for survival...
- Indoor air studies of fungi contamination at the Neonatal Department and Intensive Care Unit an Palliative Care in Kavala Hospital in GreeceE Krajewska-Kułak
Department of General Nursing, Mycological Laboratory, Medical University of Białystok, Poland
Adv Med Sci 52:11-4. 2007..The assessment of the indoor air and walls contamination of fungi at the Kavala Hospital in Greece was made...
- Relative incidence of ascomycetous yeasts in arctic coastal environmentsLorena Butinar
Wine Research Centre, University of Nova Gorica, Vipavska 11c, 5270 Ajdovščina, Slovenia
Microb Ecol 61:832-43. 2011..Together with the basidiomycetes Cryptococcus liquefaciens and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa, these yeasts represent the stable core of the subglacial yeast communities...
- Oil production by oleaginous yeasts using the hydrolysate from pretreatment of wheat straw with dilute sulfuric acidXiaochen Yu
Department of Biological Systems Engineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6120, USA
Bioresour Technol 102:6134-40. 2011..Five oleaginous yeast strains, Cryptococcus curvatus, Rhodotorula glutinis, Rhodosporidium toruloides, Lipomyces starkeyi, and Yarrowia lipolytica, were evaluated by using this ..
- Antifungal activities of propolis collected by different races of honeybees against yeasts isolated from patients with superficial mycosesSibel Silici
Erciyes University, Safiye Cikrikcioglu Vocational College, Department of Animal Science, Kayseri, Turkey
J Pharmacol Sci 99:39-44. 2005..The results showed that Candida albicans, C. glabrata, Trichosporon spp., and Rhodotorula sp. were susceptible to low concentrations of propolis, the latter showing a higher susceptibility...
- Bioactive lipopeptides of ice-nucleating snow bacterium Pseudomonas syringae strain 31R1Alberto Fiore
Dipartimento di Scienza degli Alimenti, Universita di Napoli, Portici, Italy
FEMS Microbiol Lett 286:158-65. 2008..Peptin31 displayed antifungal activities against Rhodotorula pilimanae, Rhizoctonia solani, and Trichoderma harzianum and also hemolytic and antibacterial activities...
- Genetic analysis of D-xylose metabolism by endophytic yeast strains of Rhodotorula graminis and Rhodotorula mucilaginosaPing Xu
School of Forest Resources, College of the Environment, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Genet Mol Biol 34:471-8. 2011..These two strains, belonging to the species Rhodotorula graminis and R...
- Cu,Zn superoxide dismutase in Rhodotorula and Udeniomyces spp. isolated from sea water: cloning and sequencing the encoding regionNorma Y Hernandez-Saavedra
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas del Noroeste, Marine Pathology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, PO Box 128, La Paz, BCS 23000, Mexico
Yeast 20:479-92. 2003..In Rhodotorula mucilaginosa the deduced amino acid sequence shows that insertion of three bases (C(112), A(149) and C(166)) ..
- Rhodotorula aurantiaca penicillin V acylase: active site characterization and fluorometric studiesAtul Kumar
Division of Biochemical Sciences, National Chemical Laboratory, Dr Homi Bhabha Road, Pune 411 008, India
J Photochem Photobiol B 97:109-16. 2009..Active site characterization of recently purified monomeric PVA from Rhodotorula aurantiaca (Ra-PVA), the yeast source, showed the involvement of serine and tryptophan in the enzyme activity...
- [Fungal spores in the environment of the asthmatic patient in a semi-desert area of Mexico]Verónica Araceli Martínez Ordaz
Unidad de Investigacion en Epidemiologia Clinica, Centro Medico Nacional Torreon, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico
Rev Alerg Mex 49:2-7. 2002..To analyze the frequency and type of fungal spores in the habitat of sensitized asthmatic patients, its relationship with skin test reactivity to fungi and indoor factors favoring the fungi development...
- Moulds and yeasts in fruit salads and fruit juicesV H Tournas
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition HFS 315, Food and Drug Administration, College Park, MD 20740, USA
Food Microbiol 23:684-8. 2006..Frequently encountered yeasts were Pichia spp., Candida pulcherrima, C. lambica, C. sake, Rhodotorula spp., and Debaryomyces polymorphus. Low numbers of Penicillium spp...
- [Polygalacturonase enzyme production from bacterial isolated from raw milk and green and black olives]Farida Bekhouche
Laboratoire de génie microbiologique et applications, Département des Sciences de la Nature et de la Vie, Université de Mentouri, Algerie
Can J Microbiol 52:658-63. 2006..5% lemon pectin. All strains synthesized an extracellular polygalacturonase. Rhodotorula sp. ONRh9 (0.44 U x mL(-1)) and Leuconostoc sp. LLn1 (0...
- Biodegradation of hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine by novel fungi isolated from unexploded ordnance contaminated marine sedimentManish Bhatt
Biotechnology Research Institute, National Research Council of Canada, Montreal, QC, Canada H4P 2R2
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 33:850-8. 2006..aerobic RDX-degrading fungi HAW-OCF1, HAW-OCF2, HAW-OCF3 and HAW-OCF5, tentatively identified as members of Rhodotorula, Bullera, Acremonium and Penicillium, respectively...
- [Groups and sources of yeasts in house dust]A M Glushakova
Faculty of Soil Science, Moscow State University, Vorob evy Gory, Moscow, 119992 Russia
Mikrobiologiia 73:111-7. 2004..and the Moscow region were found to contain yeasts belonging to the genera Candida, Cryptococcus, Debaryomyces, Rhodotorula, Sporobolomyces, and Trichosporon...
- Burdock fructooligosaccharide enhances biocontrol of Rhodotorula mucilaginosa to postharvest decay of peachesHongyin Zhang
College of Food and Biological Engineering, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212013, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Carbohydr Polym 98:366-71. 2013The influence of adding burdock fructooligosaccharide (BFO) in the culture media on the efficacy of Rhodotorula mucilaginosa in controlling postharvest decay of peaches and its possible mode of action were investigated...
- Characterization of enolase allergen from Rhodotorula mucilaginosaChing Yun Chang
Department of Medical Research and Education, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Biomed Sci 9:645-55. 2002b>Rhodotorula mucilaginosa (also known as R. rubra) is among the most commonly found yeast strains in our environment. However, allergens from R. mucilaginosa have not yet been characterized at the molecular level...
- Na+-mediated piezoprotection in Rhodotorula rubraAbram Aertsen
Laboratory of Food Microbiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 22, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Extremophiles 7:499-504. 2003..as low as 2 mM exerted a significant protective effect on the high-pressure inactivation (160-210 MPa) of Rhodotorula rubra at pH 6.5, but not on two other yeasts tested (Schizosaccharomyces pombe and Saccharomyces cerevisiae)...
- Taxonomic assessment and enzymes production by yeasts isolated from marine and terrestrial Antarctic samplesA W F Duarte
Divisão de Recursos Microbianos CPQBA, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, UNICAMP, Paulinia, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Extremophiles 17:1023-35. 2013..Representatives of encapsulated yeasts, belonging to genera Rhodotorula and Cryptococcus were recovered from 7 different Antarctic samples...
- Characterization of cadmium removal by Rhodotorula sp. Y11Zhijian Li
College of Biological Sciences, Key Laboratory of Agro Microbial Resource and Application, Ministry of Agriculture, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 73:458-63. 2006Experiments were conducted studying the removal of Cd(2+) from water via biosorption using Rhodotorula sp. Y11. The effects of temperature and initial pH of the solution on biosorption were studied...
- Heterologous expression of the benzoate para-hydroxylase encoding gene (CYP53B1) from Rhodotorula minuta by Yarrowia lipolyticaAndreas Shiningavamwe
Department of Microbial, Biochemical and Food Biotechnology, University of the Free State, P O Box 339, Bloemfontein, 9300, South Africa
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 72:323-9. 2006..In this study, the CYP53B1 gene, which encodes a benzoate para-hydroxylase, was successfully cloned from Rhodotorula minuta and overexpressed in Yarrowia lipolytica E150...
- Immobilized Rhodotorula mucilaginosa: A Novel Urethanase-Producing Strain for Degrading Ethyl CarbamateQun Wu
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology of Ministry of Education, Center of Brewing Science and Enzyme Technology, School of Biotechnology, Jiangnan University, No 1800, Lihu Road, Wuxi, 214122, China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 171:2220-32. 2013b>Rhodotorula mucilaginosa, producing the ethyl carbamate (EC)-degrading enzyme, urethanase, was newly isolated from the Chinese rice wine making process. It removed 80 % of EC when it was incubated with 5.0 g/L EC...
- [Biosorption ability of mutants of Rhodotorula mucilaginosa UCM Y-1776]O H Mamieieva
Mikrobiol Z 69:29-35. 2007..stable mutants with various coloration intensity have been allocated in carotene-synthesizing natural strain Rhodotorula mucilaginosa UCM Y-1776 (wild type) after nitrosoguanidine action...
- Modulating D-amino acid oxidase substrate specificity: production of an enzyme for analytical determination of all D-amino acids by directed evolutionSilvia Sacchi
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Sciences, University of Insubria, via J H Dunant 3, 21100 Varese, Italy
Protein Eng Des Sel 17:517-25. 2004Recent research on the flavoenzyme D-amino acid oxidase from Rhodotorula gracilis (RgDAAO) has revealed new, intriguing properties of this catalyst and offers novel biotechnological applications...
- Viability and formation of conjugated dienes in plasma membrane lipids of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Schizosaccharomyces pombe, Rhodotorula glutinis and Candida albicans exposed to hydrophilic, amphiphilic and hydrophobic pro-oxidantsA Krasowska
Institute of Microbiology, Wrocław University, 51 148 Wrocław, Poland
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 47:145-51. 2002..ACHN was less active than TBHP. The most oxidizable were lipids from S. cerevisiae plasma membranes doped with linoleic and linolenic acids and from C. albicans with indigenous linolenic acid...
- Production of plant-specific flavanones by Escherichia coli containing an artificial gene clusterEui Il Hwang
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:2699-706. 2003..sets of an artificial gene cluster which contained three genes of heterologous origins--PAL from the yeast Rhodotorula rubra, 4CL from the actinomycete Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2), and CHS from the licorice plant Glycyrrhiza ..
- Nail psoriasis masqueraded by secondary infection with Rhodotorula mucilaginosaK Martini
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Medical University Hospital Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Mycoses 56:690-2. 2013..Subsequent cultures and molecular typing identified Rhodotorula mucilaginosa (formerly R. rubra)...
- Improvement of carotenoid-synthesizing yeast Rhodotorula rubra by chemical mutagenesisGinka I Frengova
Laboratory of Applied Microbiology, Institute of Microbiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 4002 Plovdiv, 26 Maritza Blvd, Bulgaria
Z Naturforsch C 59:99-103. 2004A mutant Rhodotorula rubra with enhanced carotenoid-synthesizing activity for synthesizing total carotenoids and beta-carotene was obtained by N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine mutagenesis...
- Regulation of D-amino acid oxidase expression in the yeast Rhodotorula gracilisGianluca Molla
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Insubria, via J H Dunant 3, 21100 Varese, Italy
Yeast 20:1061-9. 2003b>Rhodotorula gracilis is a oleaginous yeast which utilizes D-amino acids as a source of carbon and/or nitrogen...
- Cold adaptation of fungi obtained from soil and lake sediment in the Skarvsnes ice-free area, AntarcticaMasaharu Tsuji
Biomass Refinery Research Center BRRC, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Hiroshima, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 346:121-30. 2013..and 48 isolates were categorized as basidiomycetous fungi in five genera (Mrakia, Cryptococcus, Dioszegia, Rhodotorula or Leucosporidium). Thirty-five percent of culturable fungi were of the genus Mrakia...
- Cloning, expression and characterization of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase from Rhodotorula glutinisLongbao Zhu
Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology, Ministry of Education, School of Biotechnology, Jiangnan University, 1800 Lihu Avenue, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
Biotechnol Lett 35:751-6. 2013The industrial-scale production of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase (PAL) mainly uses strains of Rhodotorula. However, the PAL gene from Rhodotorula has not been cloned. Here, the full-length gene of PAL from Rhodotorula glutinis was isolated...
- From crude glycerol to carotenoids by using a Rhodotorula glutinis mutantRaffaela Cutzu
Dipartimento di Agraria, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Viale Italia 39, 07100 Sassari, Italy
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 29:1009-17. 2013..Strain C2.5t1 of Rhodotorula glutinis, that showed the highest productivity, was UV mutagenized...
- Effect of different C/N ratios on carotenoid and lipid production by Rhodotorula glutinisTeresa Braunwald
Institute of Crop Science, University of Hohenheim, Fruwirthstr 23, 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:6581-8. 2013..the cultivation medium on microbial cell growth and lipid and carotenoid production by the oleaginous red yeast Rhodotorula glutinis has been assessed...
- Studies on the kinetics of killing and the proposed mechanism of action of microemulsions against fungiIbrahim S I Al-Adham
Faculty of Pharmacy and Medical Technology, University of Petra, Amman, Jordan
Int J Pharm 454:226-32. 2013..water) against selected test microorganisms (Candida albicans, Aspergillus niger, Schizosaccharomyces pombe and Rhodotorula spp.)...
- Thirteen-week oral toxicity study of carotenoid pigment from Rhodotorula glutinis DFR-PDY in ratsB V Latha
Microbiology Discipline, Defence Food Research Laboratory, Siddarthanagar, Mysore 570 011, India
Indian J Exp Biol 50:645-51. 2012Carotenoids from some of the coloured yeasts like Rhodotorula, Phaffia rhodozyma have attracted commercial interest as a natural pigment for foods...
- Comparison between the Biflex III-Biotyper and the Axima-SARAMIS systems for yeast identification by matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometryCaroline Lohmann
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Centre Hospitalier de Mulhouse, Mulhouse Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 51:1231-6. 2013..non-albicans species and 63 isolates belonging to different species of the genera Saccharomyces [20 isolates], Rhodotorula [8 isolates], Cryptococcus [8 isolates], Trichosporon [7 isolates], Pichia [7 isolates], Geotrichum [12 ..
- Biodegradation of lindane using a novel yeast strain, Rhodotorula sp. VITJzN03 isolated from agricultural soilJaseetha Abdul Salam
School of Biosciences and Technology, VIT University, Vellore 632014, Tamil Nadu, India
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 29:475-87. 2013..With molecular techniques, it was identified and named as Rhodotorula strain VITJzN03...
- Taxonomic characterization, adaptation strategies and biotechnological potential of cryophilic yeasts from ice cores of Midre Lovénbreen glacier, Svalbard, ArcticPurnima Singh
Department of Biological Sciences, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani K K Birla Goa Campus, Zuarinagar, Goa, India
Cryobiology 66:167-75. 2013..MLB-19 JX192656), Cryptococcus saitoi (MLB-22 JX192659), Rhodosporidium lusitaniae (MLB-20 JX192657), and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa (MLB-27 JX192664). Effect of temperature on growth of these isolates was studied...
- Investigation of the simultaneous production of superoxide dismutase and catalase enzymes from Rhodotorula glutinis under different culture conditionsAyşe Ezgi Unlü
Ankara University, Department of Chemical Engineering, Ankara, Turkey
Artif Cells Blood Substit Immobil Biotechnol 40:338-44. 2012The simultaneous production production of superoxide (SOD) and catalase (CAT) from Rhodotorula glutinis was studied. The effects of temperature, initial medium pH, and carbon source on the enzyme activities were investigated...
- Molecular identification of marine yeast and its spectroscopic analysis establishes unsaturated fatty acid accumulationAdarsha Gupta
Industrial Biotechnology Laboratory, Centre for Biotechnology, Chemistry and System Biology Biodeakin, Geelong Technology Precinct, Waurn Ponds, Deakin University, Victoria 3217, Australia
J Biosci Bioeng 114:411-7. 2012Marine microbes are competent organisms, some of which can accumulate large amounts of lipids. A yeast strain, Rhodotorula mucilaginosa AMCQ8A was isolated from the marine water of the Queenscliff region, Victoria, Australia...
- Identification and molecular analysis of pathogenic yeasts in droppings of domestic pigeons in Beijing, ChinaYuan Wu
National Institute for Communicable Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, State Key Laboratory for Infectious Disease Prevention and Control, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Mycopathologia 174:203-14. 2012..The internal transcribed sequences (ITS) of all strains (except for 8 strains of Rhodotorula sp...
- [The capability of deamination of aminoacids by selected strains of fungi]D Bialłasiewicz
Katedra Biologii i Parazytologii Lekarskiej, 90 436 Lodz, al Kościuszki 4
Wiad Parazytol 47:339-44. 2001..of 22 L-form aminoacids by 27 strains of fungi belonging to species: Candida, Cryptococcus, Geotrichum, Rhodotorula, Saccharomyces, Trichosporon. Fungal strains were cultured on agar medium with phenyl red and studied aminoacid...
- Cross-linked enzyme aggregates of phenylalanine ammonia lyase: novel biocatalysts for synthesis of L-phenylalanineJian Dong Cui
Research Center for Fermentation Engineering of Hebei, College of Bioscience and Bioengineering, Hebei University of Science and Technology, Shijiazhang, People s Republic of China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 167:835-44. 2012Cross-linked enzyme aggregates of phenylalanine ammonia lyase (PAL-CLEAs) from Rhodotorula glutinis were prepared. The effects of the type of aggregating agent, its concentration, and that of cross-linking agent were studied...
- Influence of pesticides on yeasts colonizing leavesRenata Vadkertiová
Culture Collection of Yeasts, Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, 845 38 Bratislava, Slovakia
Z Naturforsch C 66:588-94. 2011..While Rhodotorula mucilaginosa and Pichia anomala were not affected by any insecticide, the strains of Cryptococcus laurentii and ..
- Basidiomycetous yeasts from boletales fruiting bodies and their interactions with the mycoparasite Sepedonium chrysospermum and the host fungus PaxillusAndrey Yurkov
Department of Evolution and Biodiversity of Plants, Geobotany Section, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Microb Ecol 63:295-303. 2012..with the D1/D2 region of the 28S ribosomal gene and the internal transcribed spacers placed the yeasts as Rhodotorula, Rhodosporidium, and Mastigobasidium from the Pucciniomycotina, Cryptococcus, Cystofilobasidium, ..
- Enzyme activity evaluation of organic solvent-treated phenylalanine ammonia lyaseAndrew J Quinn
Dept of Chemistry, Cape Breton University, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Biotechnol Prog 27:1554-60. 2011..C.22.214.171.124, PAL) containing Rhodotorula glutinis yeast whole cells was reported earlier...
- Experimental evaluation of antifungal and antiseptic agents against Rhodotorula sppL Preney
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Rennes, France
Mycoses 46:492-5. 2003We studied the susceptibility of 21 strains of Rhodotorula rubra and nine strains of R. glutinis to eight antifungals and tested eight antiseptic agents on one strain of R. rubra...
- Stereoselective synthesis of (R)-3-quinuclidinol through asymmetric reduction of 3-quinuclidinone with 3-quinuclidinone reductase of Rhodotorula rubraAtsuko Uzura
Research and Development Center, Nagase and Co, Ltd, Kobe, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 83:617-26. 2009..adenine dinucleotide phosphate-dependent carbonyl reductase, 3-quinuclidinone reductase, was isolated from Rhodotorula rubra JCM3782. The enzyme catalyzes the asymmetric reduction of 3-quinuclidinone to (R)-3-quinuclidinol...
- Development of Antifungals of Clinical ImportanceAMRIT JUDD; Fiscal Year: 2004..Preliminary studies have shown that several peptides from our chemical library have antifungal activity against Rhodotorula pilimanae, a nonpathogenic fungus...
- Enzymatic Mechanisms of Two Pyrimidine DecarboxylasesJeffrey Smiley; Fiscal Year: 2003..adequate protein purification will allow N-terminal amino acid sequencing, leading to the design of oligonucleotide probes that will be used in an attempt to locate the IDCase gene in a cDNA library of genes from Rhodotorula glutinis.