Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- Rate of iodine volatilization and accumulation by filamentous fungi through laboratory culturesTadaaki Ban-Nai
Environmental Radiation Effects Research Group, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Anagawa 4 9 1, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Chemosphere 65:2216-22. 2006..of basidiomycetes (Lentinula edodes, Coprinus phlyctidosporus, Hebeloma vinosophyllum, Pleurotus ostreatus and Agaricus bisporus), one strain of ascomycete (Hormoconis resinae) and six strains of imperfect fungi (Penicillium ..
- The effects of meteorological factors on airborne fungal spore concentration in two areas differing in urbanisation levelM Oliveira
Grupo de Ambiente, Sociedade e Educação do Centro de Geologia and Departamento de Botânica, Faculdade de Ciencias, Universidade do Porto, Edificio FC4, Rua do Campo Alegre S N, 4169, Porto, Portugal
Int J Biometeorol 53:61-73. 2009..In both locations, the most abundant fungal spores were Cladosporium, Agaricus, Agrocybe, Alternaria and Aspergillus/Penicillium, the highest concentrations being found during summer and ..
- Fungi ingestion as an important factor influencing heavy metal intake in roe deer: evidence from faecesBostjan Pokorny
ERICo Velenje, Ecological Research and Industrial Co operation, Koroska 58, 3320 Velenje, Slovenia
Sci Total Environ 324:223-34. 2004..deer: Lycoperdon, Calvatia, Hypholoma, Coprinus, Russula, Elaphomyces, Xerocomus, Enteloma, Amanita, Cortinarius, Agaricus, Inocybe, Boletus, Macrolepiota, Suillus and Pluteus...
- The gene encoding the beta-1,4-endoglucanase (CelA) from Myxococcus xanthus: evidence for independent acquisition by horizontal transfer of binding and catalytic domains from actinomycetesL Quillet
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, URA CNRS 203, Faculte des Sciences, Universite de Rouen, Mont Saint Aignan, France
Gene 158:23-9. 1995..from Streptomyces halstedii) and less similarity to the cellobiohydrolases of the fungi Trichoderma reesei and Agaricus bisporus...
- Increased tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and natural killer cell (NK) function using an integrative approach in late stage cancersDarryl See
Center for Advanced Medicine, Encinitias, California 92024, USA
Immunol Invest 31:137-53. 2002..non denatured milk whey protein, 40 gm/day); Intravenous (50 to 100 gm/day) and oral (1-2 gm/day) ascorbic acid; Agaricus Blazeii Murill teas (10 gm/day); Immune Modulator Mix (a combination of vitamin, minerals, antioxidants and ..
- Outdoor allergenic fungal spores: comparison between an urban and a rural area in northern PortugalM Oliveira
Environment, Society and Education Group, Geology Centre, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 20:117-28. 2010..The frequency and concentration of many airborne fungal spores associated with respiratory allergy symptoms are influenced by geographical and climatic characteristics...
- Uses of plant lectins in bioscience and biomedicineArpad Pusztai
GenOk Norwegian Institute of Gene Ecology Tromso, Norway
Front Biosci 13:1130-40. 2008..parenterally administered lectins, including lectins of Viscum album-, Phaseolus vulgaris-, Robinia pseudoacacia, Agaricus bisporus, etc on tumours and in cancer therapy...
- [The development of a toxic megacolon due to Amanita phalloides poisoning. A rare complication]F Eyer
Toxikologische Abteilung der II Medizinischen Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar Technische Universität München, Munchen, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:137-40. 2004..previously healthy man consumed a mushroom meal containing Amanita phalloides, which he had confused with Agaricus campestris. Approximately 8 hours later, typical gastrointestinal symptoms began with copious loss of fluids...
- Genetically closely related but phenotypically divergent Trichoderma species cause green mold disease in oyster mushroom farms worldwideMonika Komon-Zelazowska
Research Area Gene Technology and Applied Biochemistry, Institute of Chemical Engineering, Vienna University of Technology, Getreidemarkt 9 1665, A 1060 Vienna, Austria
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:7415-26. 2007..of Hypocrea/Trichoderma which also includes Trichoderma aggressivum, the causative agent of green mold disease of Agaricus. Both species have been found on cultivated Pleurotus and its substratum in Europe, Iran, and South Korea, but T...
- A system of categorizing enzyme-cell wall associations in Agaricus bisporus, using operational criteriaJ Sassoon
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Berne, Switzerland
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 56:613-22. 2001Enzymes were investigated for their occurrence in the cell wall fraction (4,000 g sediment of the homogenate) of Agaricus bisporus sporocarps...
- Mating-type genes for basidiomycete strain improvement in mushroom farmingE Kothe
Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, Biologisch Pharmazeutische Fakultät, Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Mikrobielle Phytopathologie, Jena, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 56:602-12. 2001..breeding programs for economically important mushrooms, especially the white button mushroom, Agaricus bisporus, and the oyster mushroom, Pleurotus ostreatus, aiming at high-yield and high-quality standard mushroom ..
- Poisoning due to eating fungi in VictoriaE Hender
Victorian Poisons Information Centre, Royal Children s Hospital
Aust Fam Physician 29:1000-4. 2000..To determine the range of fungi eaten in Victoria and the incidence and severity of associated illness...
- Aeromycological profile of indoor and outdoor environmentsManuela Oliveira
Grupo de Ambiente, Sociedade e Educação do Centro de Geologia, Universidade do Porto and Departamento de Botânica, Faculdade de Ciencias, Edificio FC4, Universidade do Porto, Rua do Campo Alegre, S N, 4169 007, Porto, Portugal
J Environ Monit 11:1360-7. 2009..In both environments, the most abundant fungal spores were Cladosporium, Aspergillus/Penicillium, Agaricus, Rusts, Agrocybe and Lepthosphaeria...
- Argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase: two ornithine cycle enzymes from Agaricus bisporusMatthijs J M Wagemaker
Department of Microbiology, IWWR, Radboud University Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1, NL 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mycol Res 111:493-502. 2007..genes and corresponding cDNAs encoding argininosuccinate synthetase (ass) and argininosuccinate lyase (asl) from Agaricus bisporus were determined. Eight and six introns were present in the ass and asl gene, respectively...
- Selection of Trichoderma strains capable of increasing laccase production by Pleurotus ostreatus and Agaricus bisporus in dual culturesC Flores
Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Morelos, Mexico
J Appl Microbiol 106:249-57. 2009To select Trichoderma strains for enhanced laccase production in Pleurotus ostreatus or Agaricus bisporus cultures.
- Differential effect of Agaricus host species on the population development of Megaselia halterata (Diptera: Phoridae)J E Smith
Warwick HRI, University of Warwick, Wellesbourne, Warwick, UK
Bull Entomol Res 96:565-71. 2006Twelve isolates from the genus Agaricus (Fungi, Basidiomycota) were investigated for their ability to support development of the phorid fly, Megaselia halterata (Wood), which is an important pest of the commercial white button mushroom ..
- Use of spent mushroom substrates from Agaricus subrufescens (syn. A. blazei, A. brasiliensis) and Lentinula edodes productions in the enrichment of a soil-based potting media for lettuce (Lactuca sativa) cultivation: Growth promotion and soil bioremediatiL C C Ribas
Laboratório de Cogumelos Comestíveis e Medicinais, Departamento de Microbiologia de Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 100:4750-7. 2009..and microbiological properties of fresh spent mushroom substrates (SMSs)--without post-crop heat treatment--from Agaricus subrufescens and Lentinula edodes production to optimize the use of these residues in the soil enrichment for ..
- Lecanicillium fungicola: causal agent of dry bubble disease in white-button mushroomRoeland L Berendsen
Plant Microbe Interactions, Department of Biology, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Plant Pathol 11:585-95. 2010..of the pathogen and the interaction between the pathogen and its most important host, the white-button mushroom, Agaricus bisporus...
- Establishing molecular tools for genetic manipulation of the pleuromutilin-producing fungus Clitopilus passeckerianusSreedhar Kilaru
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1UG, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:7196-204. 2009..Agrobacterium-mediated transformation with plasmid pBGgHg containing hph gene under the control of the Agaricus bisporus gpdII promoter led to hygromycin-resistant colonies and was successful when homogenized mycelium and ..
- Statistical modelling of transcript profiles of differentially regulated genesDaniel C Eastwood
Warwick HRI, University of Warwick, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire, CV35 9EF, UK
BMC Mol Biol 9:66. 2008..non-linear regression modelling techniques to describe the shapes of expression profiles for the fungus Agaricus bisporus, quantified by PCR, and for E. coli and Rattus norvegicus, using microarray technology...
- Tyrosinase-catalyzed grafting of sericin peptides onto chitosan and production of protein-polysaccharide bioconjugatesAnna Anghileri
Stazione Sperimentale per la Seta, via Giuseppe Colombo 83, Milano 20133, Italy
J Biotechnol 127:508-19. 2007The capability of Agaricus bisporus tyrosinase to catalyze the oxidation of tyrosine residues of silk sericin was studied under homogeneous reaction conditions, by using sericin peptides purified from industrial wastewater as the ..
- Hydrolytic and ligninolytic enzyme activities in the Pb contaminated soil inoculated with litter-decomposing fungiMika A Kähkönen
Department of Applied Chemistry and Microbiology, Division of Microbiology, Biocenter 1, University of Helsinki, Finland
Chemosphere 72:708-14. 2008..The fungi were Agaricus bisporus, Agrocybe praecox, Gymnopus peronatus, Gymnopilus sapineus, Mycena galericulata, Gymnopilus luteofolius, ..
- Prevalence of Ewingella americana in retail fresh cultivated mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus, Lentinula edodes and Pleurotus ostreatus) in Zaragoza (Spain)Juan E Reyes
Department of Agroindustries, University of Bío Bío, Chillan, Chile
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 47:291-6. 2004..A total of 95 samples of Agaricus bisporus, Lentinula edodes and Pleurotus ostreatus were analyzed to quantify the Enterobacteriaceae and to ..
- pHg/pSILBAγ vector system for efficient gene silencing in homobasidiomycetes: optimization of ihpRNA - triggering in the mycorrhizal fungus Laccaria bicolorMinna J Kemppainen
Laboratorio de Micología Molecular, Departamento de Ciencia y Tecnologia, Universidad Nacional de Quilmes and Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas CONICET Roque Sáenz Peña 352, B1876BXD Bernal, Provincia de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Microb Biotechnol 3:178-200. 2010..This cloning vector carries the Agaricus bisporus gpdII promoter, two multiple cloning sites separated by a L...
- Thermal requirement for development of Sancassania rodionovi (Acari: Acaridae) on mushroomsKatayun Kheradmand
Department of Entomology, Faculty of Agriculture, Tarbiat Mo dares University, P O Box 14115 336, Tehran, Iran
J Econ Entomol 100:1098-103. 2007..were conducted to examine the development of this mite in relation to temperature on two mushroom species: Agaricus bisporus Lange (button mushroom) and Pleurotus ostreatus Kummer (oyster mushroom)...
- Isolation of an anti-angiogenic substance from Agaricus blazei Murill: its antitumor and antimetastatic actionsYoshiyuki Kimura
Second Department of Medical Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Shigenobu Station, Ehime University, Shigenobu cho, Onsen gun, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Cancer Sci 95:758-64. 2004We previously found that ergosterol isolated from Agaricus blazei inhibited tumor growth through the inhibition of tumor-induced neovascularization...
- Radiocaesium activity concentrations in the fruit-bodies of macrofungi in Great Britain and an assessment of dietary intake habitsC L Barnett
Institute of Terrestrial Ecology ITE, Merlewood Research Station, Grange Over Sands, Cumbria, UK
Sci Total Environ 231:67-83. 1999..75 kg year-1 (fresh wt.) and 60% of respondents consumed only one species (generally Agaricus campestris). However, intakes of up to 26 kg year-1 were recorded and a total of 82 species were consumed...
- Stress-induced phosphorylation of caveolin-1 and p38, and down-regulation of EGFr and ERK by the dietary lectin jacalin in two human carcinoma cell linesAnagh A Sahasrabuddhe
National Centre for Cell Science, Ganeshkhind Road, Pune 411007, Maharashtra, India
Cell Stress Chaperones 11:135-47. 2006..Confocal microscopic studies reveal that jacalin is not internalized, unlike the lectin of Agaricus bisporous...
- Opposite effects on human colon cancer cell proliferation of two dietary Thomsen-Friedenreich antigen-binding lectinsL G Yu
Department of Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3GA, United Kingdom
J Cell Physiol 186:282-7. 2001..previous studies have shown that dietary TF-binding lectins from peanut (Arachis hypogea) and edible mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) produce marked but different effects on human intestinal epithelial cell proliferation...
- Spent mushroom substrates as component of growing media for germination and growth of horticultural plantsE Medina
Department of Agrochemistry and Environment, Miguel Hernandez University, EPS Orihuela, ctra Beniel Km 3 2, 03312 Orihuela Alicante, Spain
Bioresour Technol 100:4227-32. 2009..var. Lamuyo F1) were grown in 12 media containing SMS of two types of mushroom (Agaricus bisporus (SMS-AB) and Pleurotus ostreatus (SMS-PO)) or a mixture of both 50% (v/v) (SMS-50), as well as peat in ..
- Contents of vitamins, mineral elements, and some phenolic compounds in cultivated mushroomsP Mattila
Agricultural Research Centre of Finland, Food Research, Building L, 31600 Jokioinen, Finland
J Agric Food Chem 49:2343-8. 2001..and niacin), and certain phenolic compounds (flavonoids, lignans, and phenolic acids) in the cultivated mushrooms Agaricus bisporus/white, Agaricus bisporus/brown, Lentinus edodes, and Pleurotus ostreatus...
- Control of mushroom sciarid fly Lycoriella ingenua populations with insect growth regulators applied by soil drenchF Erler
Department of Plant Protection, Faculty of Agriculture, Akdeniz University, 07070 Antalya, Turkey
J Econ Entomol 104:839-44. 2011..nov., is one of the most common fly pests affecting the cultivation of Agaricus bisporus (Lange) Imbach in Turkey...
- Ipomoea batatas and Agarics blazei ameliorate diabetic disorders with therapeutic antioxidant potential in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsAtsuko Niwa
Department of Pharmacology, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2, Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
J Clin Biochem Nutr 48:194-202. 2011Ipomoea batatas, Agaricus blazei and Smallanthus sonchifolius are known to favorably influence diabetes mellitus...
- Effects of mushroom-derived beta-glucan-rich polysaccharide extracts on nitric oxide production by bone marrow-derived macrophages and nuclear factor-kappaB transactivation in Caco-2 reporter cells: can effects be explained by structure?Julia J Volman
Department of Human Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, NL 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Mol Nutr Food Res 54:268-76. 2010..We demonstrated that extracts from Agaricus bisporus stimulated nitric oxide production by BMM, whereas extracts from Coprinus comatus and spores of ..
- Various selected vegetables, fruits, mushrooms and red wine residue inhibit bone resorption in ratsRoman C Muhlbauer
Bone Biology Group, Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, Murtenstrasse 35, CH 3010, Bern, Switzerland
J Nutr 133:3592-7. 2003..that feeding rats 1 g/d of dry fennel, celeriac, oranges, prunes, French beans and farmed and wild mushrooms (Agaricus hortensis and Boletus edulis) as well as the freeze-dried residue from red wine significantly (P < 0...
- Cloning and characterization of NADP-mannitol dehydrogenase cDNA from the button mushroom, Agaricus bisporus, and its expression in response to NaCl stressJ M Stoop
Department of Industrial Agrobiotechnology, Agrotechnological Research Institute, NL 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 64:4689-96. 1998Mannitol, a six-carbon sugar alcohol, is the main storage carbon in the button mushroom, Agaricus bisporus. Given the physiological importance of mannitol metabolism in growth, fruit body development, and salt tolerance of A...
- Vitamin D2 formation and bioavailability from Agaricus bisporus button mushrooms treated with ultraviolet irradiationSundar Rao Koyyalamudi
Centre for Plant and Food Science, College of Health and Science, University of Western Sydney, Penrith South DC, NSW 1797, Australia
J Agric Food Chem 57:3351-5. 2009b>Agaricus bisporus mushrooms contain an abundance of ergosterol, which on exposure to UV irradiation is converted to vitamin D2...
- Control of the mushroom phorid fly, Megaselia halterata (Wood), with plant extractsFedai Erler
Plant Protection Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Akdeniz University, 07070 Antalya, Turkey
Pest Manag Sci 65:144-9. 2009The most serious insect pest problems affecting the cultivation of mushroom [Agaricus bisporus (Lange) Imbach] in Turkey are mushroom flies (sciarids, cecids and phorids)...
- Isolation and characterization of a cellulose-growth-specific gene from Agaricus bisporusS Raguz
Division of Biosphere Sciences, King s College London, UK
Gene 119:183-90. 1992The edible basidiomycete, Agaricus bisporus, produces extracellular endoglucanase. Endoglucanase production is induced by cellulose and repressed by fructose in A...
- Effects of crude extracts of Agaricus blazei on DNA damage and on rat liver carcinogenesis induced by diethylnitrosamineLuis Fernando Barbisan
Departamento de Morfologia, Instituto de Biologia, UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 2:295-308. 2003The effects of crude extracts of the mushroom Agaricus blazei Murrill (Agaricaceae) on both DNA damage and placental form glutathione S-transferase (GST-P)-positive liver foci induced by diethylnitrosamine (DEN) were investigated...
- Expression of CEL2 and CEL4, two proteins from Agaricus bisporus with similarity to fungal cellobiohydrolase I and beta-mannanase, respectively, is regulated by the carbon sourceE Yague
Division of Life Sciences, King s College London, UK
Microbiology 143:239-44. 1997Two new cellulose-growth specific (cel) cDNAs, cel2 and cel4, have been isolated from an Agaricus bisporus cDNA expression library by immunoscreening with an A. bisporus anti-'endoglucanase' antibody...
- Selenium in edible mushroomsJerzy Falandysz
Department of Environmental Chemistry, Ecotoxicology and Food Toxicology, University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
J Environ Sci Health C Environ Carcinog Ecotoxicol Rev 26:256-99. 2008..with an average of approximately 5 microg Se/g dw. For several wild-grown species of the genus Agaricus, the selenium content ( approximately 5 microg/g dw) is much greater than that from cultivated Champignon ..
- Introns are necessary for mRNA accumulation in Schizophyllum communeL G Lugones
Molecular Plant Biology Laboratory, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute GBB, University of Groningen, Kerklaan 30, 9751 NN Haren, The Netherlands
Mol Microbiol 32:681-9. 1999The cDNA coding sequence of the Agaricus bisporus hydrophobin gene ABH1 under the regulation sequences of the Schizophyllum commune SC3 hydrophobin gene gave no expression in S. commune...
- Antiviral activity of aqueous and ethanol extracts and of an isolated polysaccharide from Agaricus brasiliensis against poliovirus type 1L C Faccin
Departamento de Microbiologia, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Londrina, Parana, Brazil
Lett Appl Microbiol 45:24-8. 2007b>Agaricus brasiliensis (previously named Agaricus blazei ss. Heinem), also known as the sun mushroom is native of Southeast Brazil, and is widely consumed, mainly in the form of tea, due to its nutritional and pharmacological properties...
- Screening of antioxidant, antimicrobial activities and chemical contents of edible mushrooms wildly grown in the black sea region of TurkeyTevfik Ozen
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Art and Sciences, Ondokuz Mayis University, 55139 Samsun, Turky Turkey
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 14:72-84. 2011..Hydnum repandum, Lactarius delicious, Lactarius camphoratus, Lactarius piperatus, Ramaria flava, and Agaricus bisporus were greater than α-tocopherol and BHT on antioxidant activity. The lipid peroxidation of L...
- A low molecular weight polysaccharide isolated from Agaricus blazei suppresses tumor growth and angiogenesis in vivoY C Niu
Institute of Medicine, Qiqihar Medical College, Heilongjiang 161042, PR China
Oncol Rep 21:145-52. 2009Previous studies indicated that the low molecular weight polysaccharide extracts from Agaricus blazei are potential antitumor agents or adjuvant in tumor treatment...
- Characterization of serine proteinase expression in Agaricus bisporus and Coprinopsis cinerea by using green fluorescent protein and the A. bisporus SPR1 promoterMary N Heneghan
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:792-801. 2009The Agaricus bisporus serine proteinase 1 (SPR1) appears to be significant in both mycelial nutrition and senescence of the fruiting body...
- Effect of an extract based on the medicinal mushroom Agaricus blazei murill on release of cytokines, chemokines and leukocyte growth factors in human blood ex vivo and in vivoE Johnson
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Scand J Immunol 69:242-50. 2009An immunostimulatory extract based on the medicinal mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill (AbM) has been shown to stimulate mononuclear phagocytes in vitro to produce pro-inflammatory cytokines, and to protect against lethal peritonitis in mice...
- In vitro toxicity of selected fungicides from the groups of benzimidazoles and demethylation inhibitors to Cladobotryum dendroides and Agaricus bisporusIvana Potocnik
Institute of Pesticides and Environmental Protection, Belgrade, Serbia
J Environ Sci Health B 44:365-70. 2009Twenty microfungal isolates were collected from diseased fruiting bodies of Agaricus bisporus sampled from Serbian mushroom farms during 2003-2007...
- Pleurotus ostreatus inhibits proliferation of human breast and colon cancer cells through p53-dependent as well as p53-independent pathwayAndrej Jedinak
Cancer Research Laboratory, Methodist Research Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Int J Oncol 33:1307-13. 2008..Therefore, in the present study we evaluated whether extracts from edible mushrooms Agaricus bisporus (portabella), Flammulina velutipes (enoki), Lentinula edodes (shiitake) and Pleurotus ostreatus (oyster) ..
- Microbial competition, lack in macronutrients, and acidity as main obstacles to the transfer of basidiomycetous ground fungi into (organically or heavy-metal contaminated) soilsGerhard Gramss
Friedrich Schiller University, Institute of Nutritional Sciences, Jena, Germany
J Basic Microbiol 47:309-16. 2007..Untreated soils (1.5 L) were colonized by lignocellulose preferring ground fungi such as Agaricus aestivalis, A. bisporus, A. campestris, A. edulis, A. macrocarpus, A. porphyrizon, Agrocybe dura, A...
- The enigma of double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) associated with mushroom virus X (MVX)Juluri R Rao
Applied Plant Science Division, Agri Food and Biosciences Institute AFBI, Northern Ireland, UK
Curr Issues Mol Biol 9:103-21. 2007..The emergence of an unusual Agaricus bisporus mushroom 'patch disease' first reported in 1996, later termed as 'mushroom virus X' (MVX), exhibited a ..
- High molecular weight glucan of the culinary medicinal mushroom Agaricus bisporus is an alpha-glucan that forms complexes with low molecular weight galactanFhernanda R Smiderle
Plant Research International, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Droevendaalsesteeg 1, 6708 PB Wageningen, Netherlands
Molecules 15:5818-30. 2010..8; 72.8; 70.0; 71.3 and 60.3/60.8 ppm, respectively. The minor proportion of galactose that was demonstrated was probably derived from a complex between the alpha-glucan and a low molecular weight galactan...
- Characterization of pyranose dehydrogenase from Agaricus meleagris and its application in the C-2 specific conversion of D-galactoseChristoph Sygmund
Division of Food Biotechnology, Department of Food Sciences and Technology, BOKU University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, A 1190 Vienna, Austria
J Biotechnol 133:334-42. 2008Pyranose dehydrogenase (PDH) of the mushroom Agaricus meleagris was purified from mycelial culture media to substantial homogeneity using ion-exchange and hydrophobic interaction chromatography...
- Effect of UV-B exposure on the concentration of vitamin D2 in sliced shiitake mushroom (Lentinus edodes) and white button mushroom (Agaricus bisporus)J A Ko
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul 136 701, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 56:3671-4. 2008..In conclusion, exposure to ultraviolet light offers an effective way of increasing the concentration of vitamin D(2) in mushrooms...
- Conversion of woody biomass into fermentable sugars by cellulase from Agaricus arvensisMarimuthu Jeya
Department of Chemical Engineering, Konkuk University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Bioresour Technol 101:8742-9. 2010b>Agaricus arvensis, a newly isolated basidiomycetous fungus, was found to secrete efficient cellulases. The strain produced the highest endoglucanase (EG), cellobiohydrolase (CBH) and beta-glucosidase (BGL) activities of 0.3, 3...
- Expression of phenol oxidase and heat-shock genes during the development of Agaricus bisporus fruiting bodies, healthy and infected by Lecanicillium fungicolaMichèle L Largeteau
UR1264, Mycologie et Sécurité des Aliments, INRA, BP81, 33883 Villenave d Ornon, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 85:1499-507. 2010..fungicola (formerly Verticillium fungicola) is responsible for severe losses worldwide in the mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) industry...
- In vitro inhibition of CYP3A4 by herbal remedies frequently used by cancer patientsSilje Engdal
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
Phytother Res 23:906-12. 2009The herbal remedies Natto K2, Agaricus, mistletoe, noni juice, green tea and garlic, frequently used by cancer patients, were investigated for their in vitro inhibition potential of cytochrome P-450 3A4 (CYP3A4) metabolism...
- Properties of pyranose dehydrogenase purified from the litter-degrading fungus Agaricus xanthodermaMagdalena Kujawa
Division of Food Biotechnology, Department of Food Sciences and Technology, BOKU University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria
FEBS J 274:879-94. 2007We purified an extracellular pyranose dehydrogenase (PDH) from the basidiomycete fungus Agaricus xanthoderma using ammonium sulfate fractionation and ion-exchange and hydrophobic interaction chromatography...
- Multivariate analysis of fatty acids in spores of higher basidiomycetes: a new method for chemotaxonomical classification of fungiIlia Brondz
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oslo, P O Box 1041, Blindern 0316, Oslo, Norway
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 800:303-7. 2004..Basidiospores of Armillaria borealis, Amanita muscaria, Agaricus sylvicola, Hypholoma capnoides, Cortinarius nemorensis and Russula delica were used...
- The liverwort Marchantia polymorpha expresses orthologs of the fungal Agaricus bisporus agglutinin familyWilly J Peumans
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Laboratory of Biochemistry and Glycobiology, Ghent University, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Plant Physiol 144:637-47. 2007..polymorpha agglutinin is not related to any of the known plant lectin families, but closely resembles the Agaricus bisporus-type lectins, which hitherto have been found exclusively in fungi...
- Molecular and physiological diversity among Verticillium fungicola var. fungicolaMichèle L Largeteau
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA, BP81, F 33883 Villenave d Ornon, France
Mycol Res 110:431-40. 2006The genetic and physiological variability of Verticillium fungicola var. aleophilum responsible for Agaricus bisporus dry bubble disease in North America is well documented but little is known about the var...
- Effect of irradiation, asbestos and chemical cocarcinogens on incidence of sarcoma on implantsS M Lavelle
Department of Experimental Medicine, National University of Ireland, Galway
Technol Health Care 12:217-23. 2004..asbestos, beta irradiation) and chemical (acridine orange, phorbol methyl ester, cigarette smoke tar, extract of Agaricus bisporus mushroom) carcinogens on 25 mm diameter nitrocellulose filters implanted in groups of BALB/c mice in 9 ..
- Antioxidative and antimutagenic activities of 70% ethanolic extracts from four fungal mycelia-fermented specialty ricesMi Ra Yoon
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Kyungpook National University, 1370 Sankyuk Dong, Puk Gu, Daegu 702 701, Korea
J Clin Biochem Nutr 43:118-25. 2008..ethanolic extracts of 4 rice varieties fermented with Monascus ruber, Phellinus linteus, Cordyceps sinensis and Agaricus blazei was evaluated mainly focusing on their antioxidative and antimutagenic capacities based on the following ..
- Visible and near-infrared calibrations for quality assessment of fresh phase I and II mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) compostH S S Sharma
Department of Applied Plant Science, School of Agriculture and Food Science, The Queen s University of Belfast, Applied Plant Science Division, Newforge Lane, Belfast BT9 5PX, UK
Appl Spectrosc 59:1399-405. 2005..The main drawbacks are the expensive instrumentation, expertise, and training necessary for operating the spectrometer and a dedicated chemometrician required for maintaining the equations compared to the reference methods...
- [Phytopathogenic bacteria in Agaricus bisporus culture]A P Hrihans'kyĭ
Mikrobiol Z 66:84-9. 2004Literature sources have been surveyed concerning the two-spore white button mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) affected by phytopathogenic bacteria...
- Effects of extraction methods on the antioxidant activities of polysaccharides from Agaricus blazei MurrillShaoyi Jia
School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, PR China
Int J Biol Macromol 62:66-9. 2013Five polysaccharides were obtained from Agaricus blazei Murrill (ABM) through different extraction methods including hot water extraction, single enzyme extraction (pectinase, cellulase or papain) and compound enzymes extraction (..
- Comparative effect of the fungicide Prochloraz-Mn on Agaricus bisporus vegetative-mycelium and fruit-body cell wallsDolores Bernardo
Biological Research Center, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Int Microbiol 7:277-81. 2004Fungicides to control mycopathogens of commercial Agaricus bisporus, a mushroom cultivated for human consumption, are a major field of study, since these chemicals are toxic to both the host and its fungal parasites...
- [Activation of antitumor immunity by intratumor injection of biological preparations]Takusaburo Ebina
Division of Immunology, Miyagi Cancer Center Research Institute
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:1555-8. 2003..Lentinan was purified from fruit bodies of Lentinus erodes and is a beta-glucan. The agaricus preparation was extracted from fruit bodies of Agaricus blazei and a protein-bound alpha-, beta-glucan...
- Chemoprevention of preneoplastic liver foci development by dietary mushroom Agaricus blazei Murrill in the ratF Pinheiro
Departamento de Morfologia, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, 18618 000, SP, Brazil
Food Chem Toxicol 41:1543-50. 2003The chemopreventive potential of an Agaricus blazei (Ab) Murrill mushroom meal was investigated in a medium-term rat liver carcinogenesis assay. Male Wistar rats initiated for hepatocarcinogenesis with diethylnitrosamine (DEN, 200 mg/kg i...
- Conversion of linoleic acid into novel oxylipins by the mushroom Agaricus bisporusMayken W Wadman
Department of Bio Organic Chemistry, Utrecht University, 3584 CH, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Lipids 40:1163-70. 2005..Here, we report the formation of FA metabolites in Agaricus bisporus...
- Agaricus blazei Murrill and inflammatory mediators in elderly women: a randomized clinical trialC U J O Lima
Department of Nutrition, Euro American Institute of Education, Science and Technology, Brasilia, Brazil
Scand J Immunol 75:336-41. 2012There is scientific evidence to suggest that the medicinal mushroom Agaricus blazei Murrill (AbM) has immunomodulatory effects on cytokine synthesis, both in vitro and in vivo...
- Homology models of four Agaricus bisporus tyrosinasesJennifer K Inlow
Department of Chemistry and Physics, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN 47809, United States
Int J Biol Macromol 50:283-93. 2012Partially purified tyrosinase from the white button mushroom Agaricus bisporus is available commercially and is a widely used experimental model for the study of tyrosinase...
- Tyrosinase extract from Agaricus bisporus mushroom and its in natura tissue for specific phenol removalE Kameda
Escola de Quimica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Centro de Tecnologia, Bloco E, Lab 113, Cidade Universitaria, CEP 21949 900, Rio de Janeiro RJ, Brasil
Environ Technol 27:1209-15. 2006..Tyrosinase (EC 184.108.40.206) is an oxygenase oxyreductase found in several life forms, like the mushroom Agaricus bisporus...
- Effects of an Agaricus blazei aqueous extract pretreatment on paracetamol-induced brain and liver injury in ratsAndréia A Soares
Department of Biochemistry, University of Maringa, 87020900 Maringa, PR, Brazil
Biomed Res Int 2013:469180. 2013The action of an Agaricus blazei aqueous extract pretreatment on paracetamol injury in rats was examined not only in terms of the classical indicators (e.g...
- Protective effects of a water-soluble extract from cultured medium of Ganoderma lucidum (Rei-shi) mycelia and Agaricus blazei murill against X-irradiation in B6C3F1 mice: Increased small intestinal crypt survival and prolongation of average time to animalNanami Kubo
Department of Health Science, Hiroshima Prefectural Women s University, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8558, Japan
Int J Mol Med 15:401-6. 2005..of a water-soluble extracts from cultured medium of Ganoderma lucidum (Rei-shi) mycelia (designed as MAK) and Agaricus blazei (Agaricus) against the shortening of survival time or the injury of crypt by X-irradiation were ..
- Agaricus bisporus genome sequence: a commentaryRichard W Kerrigan
Sylvan Biosciences, 198 Nolte Drive, Kittanning, PA 16201, USA
Fungal Genet Biol 55:2-5. 2013The genomes of two isolates of Agaricus bisporus have been sequenced recently. This soil-inhabiting fungus has a wide geographical distribution in nature and it is also cultivated in an industrialized indoor process ($4...
- Capacity for colonization and degradation of horse manure and wheat-straw-based compost by different strains of Agaricus subrufescens during the first two weeks of cultivationAnne Marie Farnet
Equipe Vulnérabilité des Systèmes Microbiens, IMBE, UMR CNRS IRD 7263, Institut Méditerranéen de Biodiversité et d Ecologie, Campus de l Etoile, Aix Marseille Universite, 13397 Cedex 20, Marseille, France
Bioresour Technol 131:266-73. 2013The potential of Agaricus subrufescens strains to colonize and transform horse manure and wheat-straw-based mushroom compost under the physico-chemical conditions typically used for Agaricus bisporus was assessed...
- Melanin biosynthesis pathway in Agaricus bisporus mushroomsA Weijn
Food and Biobased Research, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Bornse Weilanden 9, 6708 WG Wageningen, The Netherlands
Fungal Genet Biol 55:42-53. 2013With the full genome sequence of Agaricus bisporus available, it was possible to investigate the genes involved in the melanin biosynthesis pathway of button mushrooms...
- In vivo anti-herpes simplex virus activity of a sulfated derivative of Agaricus brasiliensis mycelial polysaccharideF T G S Cardozo
Departmento de Microbiologia, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:2541-9. 2013b>Agaricus brasiliensis (syn. A. subrufescens), a basidiomycete fungus native to the Atlantic forest in Brazil, contains cell walls rich in glucomannan polysaccharides. The β-(1 → 2)-gluco-β-(1 → 3)-mannan was isolated from A...
- Two-component signal transduction in Agaricus bisporus: a comparative genomic analysis with other basidiomycetes through the web-based tool BASID2CSJosé L Lavín
Genetics and Microbiology Research Group, Departamento de Producción Agraria, Universidad Publica de Navarra, 31006 Pamplona, Spain
Fungal Genet Biol 55:77-84. 2013..In this study, we carry out a genomic analysis of the TCS proteins in two varieties of the white button mushroom Agaricus bisporus. The genomes of both A...
- Absence of induced resistance in Agaricus bisporus against Lecanicillium fungicolaRoeland L Berendsen
Plant Microbe Interactions, Department of Biology, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 103:539-50. 2013Lecanicillium fungicola causes dry bubble disease and is an important problem in the cultivation of Agaricus bisporus. Little is known about the defense of mushrooms against pathogens in general and L. fungicola in particular...
- Production of polysaccharide from Agaricus subrufescens Peck on solid-state fermentationC M Camelini
Departamento de Engenharia Química e Engenharia de Alimentos, Centro Tecnológico, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, CP 476, 88040 970, Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:123-33. 2013..followed by a 24-min resting time has been shown as optimal for the production of glucomannans by the fungus Agaricus subrufescens (=Agaricus brasiliensis)...
- In vitro and in vivo antioxidant activity of ethanolic extract of white button mushroom (Agaricus bisporus)Jun Liu
College of Food Science and Engineering, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225127, Jiangsu, China
Food Chem Toxicol 51:310-6. 2013The antioxidant activities of ethanolic extract from edible mushroom Agaricus bisporus (A. bisporus) were evaluated by various methods in vitro and in vivo. In antioxidant assays in vitro, ethanolic extract of A...
- Antiherpetic activity of an Agaricus brasiliensis polysaccharide, its sulfated derivative and fractionsKristie Aimi Yamamoto
Departamento de Microbiologia, CCB, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Londrina, Parana, Brazil
Int J Biol Macromol 52:9-13. 2013b>Agaricus brasiliensis is an edible mushroom, traditionally used for the treatment of several diseases. In this paper, a polysaccharide (PLS) from A...
- Agaricus bisporus fucogalactan: structural characterization and pharmacological approachesAndrea C Ruthes
Departamento de Bioquimica e Biologia Molecular, Universidade Federal do Parana, CP 19046, CEP 81531 980, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Carbohydr Polym 92:184-91. 2013The fucogalactan from Agaricus bisporus (EFP-Ab) obtained on aqueous extraction followed by purification had M(w) 37...
- [Abnormal meiosis in bisporic mutants of white button mushroom Agaricus bisporus (Lange) Imbach]I S Mazheĭka
Genetika 42:361-8. 2006..of mushroom basidial nuclei was applied to study of meiotic prophase I in bisporic white button mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) strains...
- A laccase with antiproliferative and HIV-I reverse transcriptase inhibitory activities from the mycorrhizal fungus Agaricus placomycesJian Sun
Key Laboratory of Urban Agriculture North of Ministry of Agriculture, Beijing University of Agriculture, Beijing 102206, China
J Biomed Biotechnol 2012:736472. 2012A novel 68 kDa laccase was purified from the mycorrhizal fungus Agaricus placomyces by utilizing a procedure that comprised three successive steps of ion exchange chromatography and gel filtration as the final step...
- Using tea waste as a new casing material in mushroom (Agaricus bisporus (L.) Sing.) cultivationCoskun Gulser
Department of Soil Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Ondokuz Mayis University, Samsun 55139, Turkey
Bioresour Technol 88:153-6. 2003In this study, the possibility of using tea production waste as a new casing material in mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) cultivation was investigated...
- Evaluation of in situ functional activity of casing soils during growth cycle of mushroom (Agaricus bisporus (Lange) Imbach) employing community level physiological profiles (CLPPs)Devendra Kumar Choudhary
Centre for Scientific Research and Development CSRD, People s Group, By pass Road, Bhanpur, Bhopal 462 010 India Department of Microbiology, GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, 263 145 Uttarakhand India
Indian J Microbiol 50:19-26. 2010..compost and influence of casing type on the behaviour of bacterial community during the growth cycle of mushroom Agaricus bisporus (Lange) Imbach employing standardized inoculum density and effects of different data interpretation ..
- Ergocalciferol from mushrooms or supplements consumed with a standard meal increases 25-hydroxyergocalciferol but decreases 25-hydroxycholecalciferol in the serum of healthy adultsCharles B Stephensen
USDA Agricultural Research Service Western Human Nutrition Research Center, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
J Nutr 142:1246-52. 2012..We evaluated the impact of consuming UV-treated white button mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus) on the vitamin D status of healthy adults...
- Agaricus blazei Extract Induces Apoptosis through ROS-Dependent JNK Activation Involving the Mitochondrial Pathway and Suppression of Constitutive NF-κB in THP-1 CellsMun Ock Kim
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Department of Marine Life Science, Jeju National University, Jeju, Republic of Korea
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011:838172. 2011b>Agaricus blazei is widely accepted as a traditional medicinal mushroom, and it has been known to exhibit immunostimulatory and anti-cancer activity. However, the apoptotic mechanism in cancer cells is poorly understood...
- Isolation of high quality and yield of RNA from Agaricus bisporus with a simple, inexpensive and reliable methodDe Mei Meng
College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100083, China
Biotechnol Lett 34:1315-20. 2012A method for isolating high purity and quantity RNA from Agaricus bisporus which is rich in proteins, carbohydrate, fiber and secondary metabolites, is described...
- Relationship between yield components and partial resistance to Lecanicillium fungicola in the button mushroom, Agaricus bisporus, assessed by quantitative trait locus mappingMarie Foulongne-Oriol
INRA, Mycologie et Sécurité des Aliments, Villenave D Ornon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:2435-42. 2012..The consequences for mushroom breeding programs are discussed...
- The anti-tumorigenic mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill enhances IL-1β production and activates the NLRP3 inflammasome in human macrophagesTsung Teng Huang
Center for Molecular and Clinical Immunology, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e41383. 2012b>Agaricus blazei Murill (AbM) has been reported to possess immune activity against tumors and infections through stimulation of mononuclear phagocytes...
- In vitro antioxidant, anticholinesterase and antimicrobial activity studies on three Agaricus species with fatty acid compositions and iron contents: a comparative study on the three most edible mushroomsMehmet Ozturk
Mugla University, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Chemistry, 48121 Muğla, Turkey
Food Chem Toxicol 49:1353-60. 2011The fatty acids of Agaricus essettei, Agaricus bitorquis and Agaricus bisporus were investigated by using GC and GC-MS. The dominant fatty acids were found to be linoleic (61.82-67.29%) and palmitic (12.67-14...
- Bioproduction of mushroom mycelium of Agaricus bisporus by commercial submerged fermentation for the production of meat analogueKyoungju Kim
Department of Food Science and Technology, Sejong University, Seoul 143 747, South Korea
J Sci Food Agric 91:1561-8. 2011..Mycoprotein as fungal mycelium could provide a distinctive chewing sensation; however, the unfavorable consumer perception of fungal mycelium demands the production of meat analogues with true mushroom mycelium...
- Endotoxin contamination of Agaricus blazei Murrill extract enhances murine immunologic responses and inhibits the growth of sarcoma 180 implants in vivoHitoshi Kobayashi
Hokuto Corporation Mushroom Research Laboratory, Shimokomazawa 800 8, Nagano 381 0008, Nagano, Japan
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 29:159-68. 2010b>Agaricus blazei Murrill, a native mushroom of Brazil, has been reported to be an immunoreactant with anti-tumor effect...
- Blazeispirol A from Agaricus blazei fermentation product induces cell death in human hepatoma Hep 3B cells through caspase-dependent and caspase-independent pathwaysZheng Yuan Su
Graduate Institute of Food Science and Technology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 59:5109-16. 2011..it was reported that blazeispirol A (BA) is the most active antihepatoma compound in an ethanolic extract of Agaricus blazei fermentation product...
- Accumulation of lignin and malondialdehyde in relation to quality changes of button mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus) stored in modified atmosphereTianjia Jiang
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, PR China
Food Sci Technol Int 16:217-24. 2010Whole fresh button mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus) were stored in unsealed bags in two types of modified atmosphere packaging (MAP), namely, active and passive, at 4 °C. The packaging film was 0...
- Isolation and characterization of a novel thermostable lectin from the wild edible mushroom Agaricus arvensisJ K Zhao
State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology and Department of Microbiology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
J Basic Microbiol 51:304-11. 2011A thermostable novel lectin with a molecular weight of 30.4 kDa was isolated from dried fruiting bodies of Agaricus arvensis. It was a dimer made up of two 15.2 kDa subunits...
- REGULATION OF GRANULOCYTE AND MACROPHAGE PRODUCTIONE Stanley; Fiscal Year: 2001..GRANT R01CA31611 The commonly eaten, cultivated mushroom, Agaricus bisporus (AB), contains several N-N-bond-containing chemicals...
- Outcomes Research and Training in OncologyJames Talcott; Fiscal Year: 2005..One approach to these issues is to identify differences in outcomes based on the mode of diagnosis (screening vs. investigation of symptoms). ..