Alias: Hypotrichida, hypotrichs
- Kumar S, Foissner W. High cryptic soil ciliate (Ciliophora, Hypotrichida) diversity in Australia. Eur J Protistol. 2016;53:61-95 pubmed publisher..subgen., nov. spec. This new subgenus is unique among all described hypotrichs in having reduced some anterior paroral dikinetids the fibrillar associates of which are, however, still present...
- Jo E, Jung J, Min G. Morphology and Molecular Phylogeny of Two New Brackish Water Ciliates of Bakuella (Ciliophora: Urostylida: Bakuellidae) from South Korea. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2015;62:799-809 pubmed publisher..Molecular phylogeny using SSU rRNA gene sequences shows a nonmonophyletic relationship among Bakuella species and emphasizes the need for further morphogenetic studies of this genus and other related hypotrichs.
- Fan Y, Zhao X, Hu X, Miao M, Warren A, Song W. Taxonomy and molecular phylogeny of two novel ciliates, with establishment of a new genus, Pseudogastrostyla n. g. (Ciliophora, Hypotrichia, Oxytrichidae). Eur J Protistol. 2015;51:374-85 pubmed publisher..sp. clusters with Oxytricha elegans rather than the type species, U. agilis. Nodal support values are, however, too low to draw any conclusions about the molecular systematics of the genus Urosomoida. ..
- Wang J, Lyu Z, Warren A, Wang F, Shao C. Morphology, ontogeny and molecular phylogeny of a novel saline soil ciliate, Urosomoida paragiliformis n. sp. (Ciliophora, Hypotrichia). Eur J Protistol. 2016;56:79-89 pubmed publisher..paragiliformis n. sp. and Paraurosomoida indiensis. A new combination is made: Oxytrichella subtropica (Fan et al., 2015) comb. nov. (basionym Urosomoida subtropica). ..
- Lu X, Huang J, Shao C, Al Farraj S, Gao S. Morphology and Morphogenesis of a Novel Saline Soil Hypotrichous Ciliate, Gonostomum sinicum nov. spec. (Ciliophora, Hypotrichia, Gonostomatidae), Including a Report on the Small Subunit rDNA Sequence. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2017;64:632-646 pubmed publisher..The new species G. sinicum nov. spec. is perhaps closely related to Cotterillia bromelicola and two congeners. ..
- Luo X, Li L, Wang C, Bourland W, Lin X, Hu X. Morphologic and phylogenetic studies of two hypotrichous ciliates, with notes on morphogenesis in Gastrostyla steinii Engelmann, 1862 (Ciliophora, Hypotrichia). Eur J Protistol. 2017;60:119-133 pubmed publisher..Y2 (KT780432) (probably a misidentification), nest together in the big group of the subfamily Stylonychinae with moderate to high support (ML/BI, 91%/0.95), very likely revealing the monophyly of the genus Gastrostyla. ..
- Luo X, Fan Y, Hu X, Miao M, Al Farraj S, Song W. Morphology, Ontogeny, and Molecular Phylogeny of Two Freshwater Species of Deviata (Ciliophora, Hypotrichia) from Southern China. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2016;63:771-785 pubmed publisher..abbrevescens. In addition, the SSU rRNA gene was first sequenced for both species. Molecular phylogenetic analyses suggest that the genus Deviata is non-monophyletic and has a close relationship with Perisincirra paucicirrata. ..
- Li L, Zhao X, Ji D, Hu X, Al Rasheid K, Al Farraj S, et al. Description of two marine amphisiellid ciliates, Amphisiella milnei (Kahl, 1932) Horváth, 1950 and A. sinica sp. nov. (Ciliophora: Hypotrichia), with notes on their ontogenesis and SSU rDNA-based phylogeny. Eur J Protistol. 2016;54:59-73 pubmed publisher..The molecular information indicates that both organisms belong to two separate clades and confirms that the genus Amphisiella might be polyphyletic. ..
- Liu W, Jiang J, Xu Y, Pan X, Qu Z, Luo X, et al. Diversity of free-living marine ciliates (Alveolata, Ciliophora): Faunal studies in coastal waters of China during the years 2011-2016. Eur J Protistol. 2017;61:424-438 pubmed publisher..About 210 morphotypes including over 100 new species within six groups (cyrtophorians, hypotrichs s.l...
- Lu X, Huang J, Shao C, Berger H. Morphology, cell-division, and phylogeny of Schmidingerothrix elongata spec. nov. (Ciliophora, Hypotricha), and brief guide to hypotrichs with Gonostomum-like oral apparatus. Eur J Protistol. 2018;62:24-42 pubmed publisher..A list of genera (14) and species (58) which have - like Schmidingerothrix - a gonostomatid oral apparatus, as well as a key to these genera are provided. ..
- Wang J, Ma J, Qi S, Shao C. Morphology, morphogenesis and molecular phylogeny of a new soil ciliate Paragonostomoides xianicum n. sp. (Ciliophora, Hypotrichia, Gonostomatidae). Eur J Protistol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..xianicum. Phylogenetic analyses based on small subunit ribosomal DNA sequence data reveal a close relationship of P. xianicum n. sp. with Cotterillia bromelicola and two Gonostomum-species. ..
- Wang J, Qi S, Chen L, Warren A, Miao M, Shao C. Morphogenesis of a saline soil ciliate Urosoma salmastra (Dragesco and Dragesco-Kernéis, 1986) Berger, 1999 with notes on the phylogeny of Urosoma (Ciliophora, Hypotrichia). Eur J Protistol. 2017;61:180-193 pubmed publisher..emarginata. The molecular phylogeny indicates that Urosoma is not monophyletic, viz, U. emarginata branches separately from its congeners and the closest relative of U. salmastra is Oxytricha granulifera...