Alias: "Chromobacterium janthinum" (Zopf) Ford 1927, not "Chromobacterium violaceum" Leifson 1956, Chromobacterium violaceum Bergonzini 1880, Chromobacterium manilae, Chromobacterium laurentium, Chromobacterium janthinum, Chromobacterium goianiensis, "Chromobacterium manilae" (Krasil'nikov) Leifson 1956, "Chromobacterium laurentium" (Migula) Leifson 1956, not "Chromobacterium violaceum" as described by Breed et al. 1957
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Enhancement of L-tryptophan 5-hydroxylation activity by structure-based modification of L-phenylalanine 4-hydroxylase from Chromobacterium violaceumKuniki Kino
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 3 4 1 Ohkubo, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 169 8555, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 108:184-9. 2009..It had been known that l-phenylalanine 4-hydroxylase from Chromobacterium violaceum could convert l-tryptophan to 5-hydroxy-l-tryptophan and l-phenylalanine to l-tyrosine; however, the ..
- Studies on the occurrence of Gram-negative bacteria in ticks: Ixodes ricinus as a potential vector of PasteurellaNimfa Maria Stojek
Department of Occupational Biohazards, Institute of Agricultural Medicine, Jaczewskiego 2, 20 090 Lublin, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 11:319-22. 2004..Serratia marcescens, Serratia plymuthica on EMB agar and Aeromonas hydrophila, Burkholderia cepacia, Chromobacterium violaceum, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Stenotrophomonas maltophilia on tryptic soya agar...
- Screening of certain medicinal plants from India for their anti-quorum sensing activityMaryam Zahin
Department of Agricultural Microbiology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202 002, India
Indian J Exp Biol 48:1219-24. 2010..24 Indian medicinal plants were tested by agar well and disc diffusion assay for anti-QS activity using Chromobacterium violaceum (CV12472 and CVO26) reporter strains. AHL from C...
- Structural basis for mannose recognition by a lectin from opportunistic bacteria Burkholderia cenocepaciaEmilie Lameignere
CERMAV CNRS, BP 53, F 38041, Grenoble, Cedex 09, France
Biochem J 411:307-18. 2008..Orthologues have been identified in the opportunist bacteria Ralstonia solanacearum, Chromobacterium violaceum and Burkholderia of Bcc. The genome of the J2315 strain of B...
- Bacillus pumilus of Palk Bay origin inhibits quorum-sensing-mediated virulence factors in Gram-negative bacteriaChari Nithya
Department of Biotechnology, Alagappa University, Karaikudi 630 003, Tamil Nadu, India
Res Microbiol 161:293-304. 2010..Eleven strains inhibited QS signals in Chromobacterium violaceum (ATCC 12472) and C. violaceum CV026...
- Blocking of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Chromobacterium violaceum lectins by diverse mammalian milksK D Zinger-Yosovich
The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
J Dairy Sci 93:473-82. 2010Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Chromobacterium violaceum morbid and mortal infections are initiated by bacterial adherence to host-cell receptors via their adhesins, including lectins (which also contribute to bacterial biofilm formation)...
- Kinetic isotope effects on aromatic and benzylic hydroxylation by Chromobacterium violaceum phenylalanine hydroxylase as probes of chemical mechanism and reactivityAram J Panay
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2128, USA
Biochemistry 47:11118-24. 2008Phenylalanine hydroxylase from Chromobacterium violaceum (CvPheH) is a non-heme iron monooxygenase that catalyzes the hydroxylation of phenylalanine to tyrosine...
- Diversity and quorum-sensing signal production of Proteobacteria associated with marine spongesNaglaa M Mohamed
Center of Marine Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA
Environ Microbiol 10:75-86. 2008..We used three different AHL biodetection systems in diffusion assays: Chromobacterium violaceum, Agrobacterium tumefaciens and Sinorhizobium meliloti with optimal sensitivity to short-chain (C4-C6), ..
- Cloning and expression of Chromobacterium violaceum phenylalanine hydroxylase in Escherichia coli and comparison of amino acid sequence with mammalian aromatic amino acid hydroxylasesA Onishi
Department of Chemistry, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802
J Biol Chem 266:18454-9. 1991The complete amino acid sequence (296 amino acids) of Chromobacterium violaceum phenylalanine hydroxylase (PAH) was determined by nucleotide analysis of a DNA clone isolated using both a synthetic oligonucleotide probe based on the NH2-..
- Methods for detecting acylated homoserine lactones produced by Gram-negative bacteria and their application in studies of AHL-production kineticsL Ravn
Department of Seafood Research, Danish Institute for Fisheries Research, Søltofts Plads, c o Technical University of Denmark Bldg 221, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
J Microbiol Methods 44:239-51. 2001..coli pSB403 (LuxR), Agrobacterium tumefaciens A136 (TraR) and both induction and inhibition of Chromobacterium violaceum CV026 (CviR). All strains except one was found to produce AHL(s)...
- Inhibition of quorum-sensing signals by essential oilsMira Agnes Szabó
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Phytother Res 24:782-6. 2010..The effect of essential oils on bacterial growth and QS were evaluated using the sensor strain Chromobacterium violaceum CV026 and N-acyl homoserine lactone (AHL) producing Escherichia coli ATTC 31298 and the grapevine ..
- Screening of traditional Chinese medicinal plants for quorum-sensing inhibitors activityKhee Hoon Koh
Department of Natural Sciences and Science Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, Singapore
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 44:144-8. 2011..To test for anti-QS activity, 10 TCM herbs were screened using two biomonitor strains, Chromobacterium violaceum CV026 and Pseudomonas aeruginosa PA01...
- Reconstitution of the FK228 biosynthetic pathway reveals cross talk between modular polyketide synthases and fatty acid synthaseShane R Wesener
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, P O Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:1501-7. 2011..NRPS)-polyketide synthase (PKS) pathway for the biosynthesis of FK228 anticancer depsipeptide in Chromobacterium violaceum strain 968...
- Structural comparison of bacterial and human iron-dependent phenylalanine hydroxylases: similar fold, different stability and reaction ratesHeidi Erlandsen
The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Molecular Biology, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Mol Biol 320:645-61. 2002..It is thus of interest to compare the structure of the divergent Chromobacterium violaceum phenylalanine hydroxylase (CvPheOH) ( approximately 24% sequence identity overall) to the related human ..
- [Synthesis of signaling N-acyl-homoserine-lactones participating in quorum sensing in rhizosphere and soil bacteria Pseudomonas and Xanthomonas]I A Khmel'
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 123182 Russia
Genetika 38:568-70. 2002..Screening was conducted by using a test system based on the mutant strain Chromobacterium violaceum, which was unable to synthesize AHL but produced a pigment violacein in the presence of exogenous AHL...
- Enterobacteriaceae associated with eggs of Podocnemis expansa and Podocnemis unifilis (Testudines:Chelonia) in nonpolluted sites of national park of Araguaia Plains, BrazilPaula Benevides de Morais
Laboratório de Microbiologia Ambiental e Biotecnologia, Universidade Federal do Tocantins, Palmas Tocantins, 77020220, Brazil
J Zoo Wildl Med 41:656-61. 2010..expansa were positive for Shigella flexneri. Other isolates included Chromobacterium violaceum, Escherichia coli, and Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida. Eggs of P...
- Microbial growth and quorum sensing antagonist activities of herbal plants extractsReema Al-Hussaini
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Sciences, University of Jordan, Amman 11942, Jordan
Molecules 14:3425-35. 2009..5-3.0 mg). As for antiquorum sensing activity against Chromobacterium violaceum, superior activity (>17 mm QS inhibition) was associated with Sonchus oleraceus and Laurus nobilis ..
- Chitinolytic activity in Chromobacterium violaceum: substrate analysis and regulation by quorum sensingL S Chernin
The Otto Warburg Center for Biotechnology in Agriculture and the Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Bacteriol 180:4435-41. 1998..In Chromobacterium violaceum ATCC 31532 a number of phenotypic characteristics, including production of the purple pigment violacein, ..
- Production of N-acyl homoserine lactones by gram-negative bacteria isolated from contact lens wearersH Zhu
Cooperative Research Centre for Eye Research and Technology, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 29:150-2. 2001..The biosensor strains Chromobacterium violaceum mutant CV026 and Agrobacterium tumefaciens A136 were used for detection of AHL signal molecules...
- Inhibition of quorum sensing regulated bacterial functions by plant essential oils with special reference to clove oilM S A Khan
Department of Agricultural Microbiology, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 49:354-60. 2009To evaluate quorum sensing (QS) inhibitory activity of plant essential oils using strains of Chromobacterium violaceum (CV12472 and CVO26) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PAO1).
- Kinetics of thermal unfolding of phenylalanine hydroxylase variants containing different metal cofactors (FeII, CoII, and ZnII) and their isokinetic relationshipAristobulo Loaiza
Brown Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, 560 Oval Drive, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Inorg Chem 47:4877-83. 2008The kinetics of thermal unfolding of apo- and holo-Chromobacterium violaceum phenylalanine hydroxylase (cPAH) was investigated using circular dichroism (CD) over the temperature range 44-76 degrees C...
- Skin infections and infestations in Aboriginal communities in northern AustraliaB J Currie
Tropical Medicine and International Health Unit, Menzies School of Health Research, Flinders University, Casuarina, Northern Territory, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 41:139-43; quiz 144-5. 2000..Other skin infections related to the tropical environment include melioidosis, nocardiosis, Chromobacterium violaceum and chromoblastomycosis...
- Production of acylated homoserine lactones by different serotypes of Vibrio anguillarum both in culture and during infection of rainbow troutChristiane Buch
Danish Institute for Fisheries Research, Søltofts Plads, c o Technical University of Denmark Bldg 221, Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Syst Appl Microbiol 26:338-49. 2003..One strain, a serotype O4, induced a strong response in the Chromobacterium violaceum (CV026) monitoring system...
- Measurement of the intramolecular isotope effect on aliphatic hydroxylation by Chromobacterium violaceum phenylalanine hydroxylaseAram J Panay
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
J Am Chem Soc 132:5584-5. 2010The non-heme iron enzyme phenylalanine hydroxylase from Chromobacterium violaceum has previously been shown to catalyze the hydroxylation of benzylic and aliphatic carbons in addition to the normal aromatic hydroxylation reaction...
- Structural heterogeneity regarding local Shwartzman activity of lipid AJ Mashimo
Department of Microbial Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, Tokyo
Microbiol Immunol 32:653-66. 1988..A lipid A fraction, Cv-A4 from Chromobacterium violaceum IFO 12614, which was proposed to have two acyloxyacyl groups at the C-2 and C-2' positions with other ..
- Nanocytotoxicity: violacein and violacein-loaded poly (D, L-lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles acting on human leukemic cellsPatricia S Melo
Biochemistry Department, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, CP 6109, Campinas, SP, 13083 970, Brazil
J Biomed Nanotechnol 5:192-201. 2009Violacein is a compound obtained from Chromobacterium violaceum, a bacterium found in the Amazonian region...
- Long-chain acylhomoserine lactones increase the anoxic ammonium oxidation rate in an OLAND biofilmHaydée De Clippeleir
Laboratory of Microbial Ecology and Technology LabMET, Ghent University, Gent, Belgium
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 90:1511-9. 2011..the presence of long-chain acylhomoserine lactones (AHLs) was shown using the reporter strain Chromobacterium violaceum CV026, and one specific AHL, N-dodecanoyl homoserine lactone (C(12)-HSL), was identified via LC-MS/MS...
- Oxidative DNA damage protective activity, antioxidant and anti-quorum sensing potentials of Moringa oleiferaBrahma N Singh
Agricultural Microbiology, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Aligarh Mushlim University, Aligarh 202 001, India
Food Chem Toxicol 47:1109-16. 2009..Eventually, LE and FE were found to inhibit violacein production, a QS-regulated behavior in Chromobacterium violaceum 12472.
- Antipathogenic potential of marine Bacillus sp. SS4 on N-acyl-homoserine-lactone-mediated virulence factors production in Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PAO1)K Syed Musthafa
Department of Biotechnology, Alagappa University, Karaikudi 630 003, India
J Biosci 36:55-67. 2011..factors and biofilm formation in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 and violacein pigment production in Chromobacterium violaceum. In the present study, the marine bacterial strain SS4 showed potential QSI activity in a concentration-..
- Gulbenkiania mobilis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from treated municipal wastewaterIvone Vaz-Moreira
Escola Superior de Biotecnologia, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 57:1108-12. 2007..Its closest phylogenetic neighbours were Aquitalea magnusonii and Chromobacterium violaceum (<94 % 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity)...
- N-acyl homoserine lactones are degraded via an amidolytic activity in Comamonas sp. strain D1Stephane Uroz
CNRS, ISV, Batiment 23, Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Arch Microbiol 187:249-56. 2007..its N-AHSL degradation ability, strain D1 efficiently quenches various QS-dependent functions in other bacteria, such as violacein production by Chromobacterium violaceum and pathogenicity and antibiotic production in Pectobacterium.
- Chromobacterium piscinae sp. nov. and Chromobacterium pseudoviolaceum sp. nov., from environmental samplesPeter Kampfer
Institut fur Angewandte Mikrobiologie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 59:2486-90. 2009..respectively isolated in 1972 and before 1953 from environmental samples and previously assigned to Chromobacterium violaceum, were studied again in detail for their taxonomic position...
- Two cases of Chromobacterium violaceum infection after injury in a subtropical regionJ Lee
Department of Clinical Pathology, College of Medicine, Inha University, Inchon, Korea
J Clin Microbiol 37:2068-70. 1999b>Chromobacterium violaceum is a gram-negative rod and is isolated from soil and water in tropical and subtropical regions. The species have pigmented and nonpigmented colony types. Infections caused by nonpigmented strains are rare...
- Characterization of a gene cluster and its putative promoter region for violacein biosynthesis in Pseudoalteromonas sp. 520P1Xi Zhang
Department of Environmental Systems Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, 185 Miyanokuchi, Tosayamada, Kami, Kochi, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 90:1963-71. 2011..The expression of these enzymes is known to be regulated by a quorum sensing mechanism in Chromobacterium violaceum and Pseudoalteromonas sp. 520P1...
- Chromobacterium haemolyticum sp. nov., a strongly haemolytic speciesXiang Y Han
Section of Clinical Microbiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:1398-403. 2008..Strain MDA0585(T) showed the closest relationships with Chromobacterium violaceum ATCC 12472(T) and Chromobacterium subtsugae PRAA4-1(T) (96.1 % and 96...
- Tocopherol, carotene, phenolic contents and antibacterial properties of rose essential oil, hydrosol and absoluteSeyhan Ulusoy
Experimental and Observational Student Research and Practice Centre, Suleyman Demirel University, 32260, Isparta, Turkey
Curr Microbiol 59:554-8. 2009..activity against Escherichia coli (ATCC 25922), Pseudomonas aeruginosa (ATCC 27853), Bacillus subtilis (ATCC 6633), Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 6538), Chromobacterium violaceum (ATCC 12472) and Erwinia carotovora (ATCC 39048) strains.
- Diversity in antifungal activity of strains of Chromobacterium violaceum from the Brazilian AmazonEriana Serpa Barreto
Embrapa Soja, Cx Postal 231, Londrina, Paraná 86001 970, Brazil
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:783-90. 2008b>Chromobacterium violaceum is a free-living Gram-negative bacterium found in soil and aquatic habitats; abundantly present in the Brazilian Amazon, it is an important example of exploitable microbial diversity of the tropics...
- Ecthyma gangrenosum and septic shock syndrome secondary to Chromobacterium violaceumKatherine L Brown
Department of Dermatology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:S224-8. 2006b>Chromobacterium violaceum is a gram-negative bacterium of soil and water in tropical and subtropical environments...
- Genetic analysis of violacein biosynthesis by Chromobacterium violaceumRegina Vasconcellos Antônio
Departamento de Bioquimica, Centro de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Caixa Postal 476, 88040 900 Florianopolis, SC, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 3:85-91. 2004b>Chromobacterium violaceum presents a distinctive phenotypic characteristic, the production of a deep violet pigment named violacein...
- Genetic characterization of Chromobacterium isolates from black water environments in the Brazilian AmazonM Hungria
Embrapa Soja, Londrina, PR, Brazil
Lett Appl Microbiol 41:17-23. 2005To isolate and to characterize the diversity of Chromobacterium violaceum from the Brazilian Amazon region.
- Gene expression of the arsenic resistance operon in Chromobacterium violaceum ATCC 12472Juliana Simão Nina de Azevedo
Departamento de Genetica, Laboratorio de Polimorfismo de DNA, Universidade Federal do Para, Campus Universitario do Guama, Rua Augusto Correa 01, 66075 970 Belem PA, Brazil
Can J Microbiol 54:137-42. 2008b>Chromobacterium violaceum ATCC 12472 presents an arsRCB-type operon, which is involved in arsenic resistance...
- [Chromobacterium violaceum peritonitis: case report and literature review]J Watine
Service de Biologie Polyvalente, Centre Hospitalier General, Rodez
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 64:327-30. 2006We report a case of Chromobacterium violaceum infection and we review the literature for all published cases. C...
- Quorum sensing in Chromobacterium violaceum: DNA recognition and gene regulation by the CviR receptorDevin L Stauff
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
J Bacteriol 193:3871-8. 2011The bacterial pathogen Chromobacterium violaceum uses a LuxIR-type quorum-sensing system to detect and respond to changes in cell population density...
- Chromobacterium violaceum Infection in a free-ranging howler monkey in Costa RicaMario Baldi
Tropical Diseases Research Program, School of Veterinary Medicine, Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica, Heredia, Apartado Postal 86 3000, Costa Rica
J Wildl Dis 46:306-10. 2010b>Chromobacterium violaceum is a gram-negative saprobe bacterium that is a rare opportunistic pathogen in mammals. There are numerous reports in humans including fatalities, but no record exists in free-ranging nonhuman primates...
- Bacteria flora and heavy metals in cultivated oysters Crassostrea iredalei of Setiu Wetland, East Coast Peninsular MalaysiaM Najiah
Faculty of Agrotechnology and Food Sciences, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, 21030 Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia
Vet Res Commun 32:377-81. 2008..Vibrio parahaemolyticus, Vibrio vulnificus, Vibrio cholerae, Enterobacter cloacae, Escherichia coli and Chromobacterium violaceum. They also contain high concentration of Zn (785.68 +/- 285...
- Inhibition of quorum sensing-regulated behaviors by Scorzonera sandrasicaGulgun Bosgelmez-Tinaz
Department of Biology, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Suleyman Demirel University, 32260, Isparta, Turkey
Curr Microbiol 55:114-8. 2007..from Scorzonera sandrasica were found to inhibit violacein production, a QS-regulated behavior in Chromobacterium violaceum. In addition, the chloroform extract was also able to inhibit QS-regulated carbapenem antibiotic ..
- [Cloning of phzIR from the endophytic Pseudomonas sp. G5 and its expression in Escherichia coli]Hui Li
Institute of Life Sciences, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212013, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 25:832-9. 2009..of AHLs at a detectable level using Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) analysis combined with bioreporter Chromobacterium violaceum CV026 bioassay, and N-hexanoyl-homoserine lactone (HHL, C6-HSL) with Rf value 0...
- Synthesis, nematicidal and antimicrobial properties of Bis-[4-methoxy-3-[3-(4-fluorophenyl)-6-(4-methylphenyl)-2(aryl)-tetrahydro-2H-pyrazolo[3,4-d]thiazol-5-yl]phenyl]methanesCherkupally Sanjeeva Reddy
Department of Chemistry, Kakatiya University
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 57:685-93. 2009..Pseudomonas aeruginosa (MTCC 741), Klebsiella aerogenes (MTCC 39), Chromobacterium violaceum (MTCC 2656) and also screened for their antifungal (MZI, MIC and MFC) activity against four fungal ..
- Hydrogen peroxide linked to lysine oxidase activity facilitates biofilm differentiation and dispersal in several gram-negative bacteriaAnne Mai-Prochnow
School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences and Centre for Marine Bio Innovation, Biological Sciences Building, University of New South Wales, Kensington, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
J Bacteriol 190:5493-501. 2008..subpopulations of cells in microcolonies also die during biofilm formation in two of these organisms, Chromobacterium violaceum and Caulobacter crescentus...
- A simple screening protocol for the identification of quorum signal antagonistsRobert J C McLean
Department of Biology, Texas State University San Marcos, 601 University Drive, San Marcos, TX 78666, USA
J Microbiol Methods 58:351-60. 2004..with an overlay of LB soft agar containing an inoculum of either Pseudomonas aureofaciens 30-84 or Chromobacterium violaceum ATCC 12472 (indicator cultures) and then incubated overnight...
- Isolation and characterization of two groups of novel marine bacteria producing violaceinShuichi Yada
Department of Environmental Systems Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, 185 Miyanokuchi, Tosayamada, Kami, Kochi 782 8502, Japan
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 10:128-32. 2008..pigment was identical to those of violacein, a pigment produced by several species of bacteria including Chromobacterium violaceum, an opportunistic pathogen...
- Chromobacterium subtsugae sp. nov., a betaproteobacterium toxic to Colorado potato beetle and other insect pestsPhyllis A W Martin
Insect Biocontrol Laboratory, US Department of Agriculture, Agriculture Research Service, 10300 Baltimore Ave, Beltsville, MD, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 57:993-9. 2007..biological, biochemical and molecular characterization revealed that this strain was most similar to Chromobacterium violaceum, the type species and only currently recognized member of the genus Chromobacterium...
- Evaluation of different compounds as quorum sensing inhibitors in Pseudomonas aeruginosaL Fulghesu
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, Italy
J Chemother 19:388-91. 2007..aeruginosa strains isolated from cystic fibrosis (CF) patients using Chromobacterium violaceum ATCC 12472 as biomonitor. One P...
- The Flag-2 locus, an ancestral gene cluster, is potentially associated with a novel flagellar system from Escherichia coliChuan Peng Ren
Bacterial Pathogenesis and Genomics Unit, Division of Immunity and Infection, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, England B15 2TT
J Bacteriol 187:1430-40. 2005..The presence of Flag-2-like gene clusters in Yersinia pestis, Yersinia pseudotuberculosis, and Chromobacterium violaceum suggests that coexistence of two flagellar systems within the same species is more common than ..
- Characterization of a gene cluster responsible for the biosynthesis of anticancer agent FK228 in Chromobacterium violaceum No. 968Yi Qiang Cheng
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, P O Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:3460-9. 2007..the biosynthesis of anticancer agent FK228 has been identified, cloned, and partially characterized in Chromobacterium violaceum no. 968. First, a genome-scanning approach was applied to identify three distinctive C. violaceum no...
- Caffeine as a potential quorum sensing inhibitorSiti Nur Maisarah Norizan
Division of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur 50603, Malaysia
Sensors (Basel) 13:5117-29. 2013..In this work, we have tested caffeine as quorum sensing inhibitor by using Chromobacterium violaceum CV026 as a biosensor. We verified that caffeine did not degrade the N-acyl homoserine lactones tested...
- In vitro and in vivo antitumor activity of crude extracts obtained from Brazilian Chromobacterium sp isolatesC B A Menezes
Centro Pluridisciplinar de Pesquisas Quimicas, Biológicas e Agrícolas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 46:65-70. 2013..b>Chromobacterium violaceum is a Gram-negative β-proteobacterium, abundant in water and soil in tropical and subtropical regions ..
- Structural studies of Pseudomonas and Chromobacterium ω-aminotransferases provide insights into their differing substrate specificityChristopher Sayer
Henry Wellcome Building for Biocatalysis, Biosciences, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Exeter, Exeter, England
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 69:564-76. 2013..complexes of two industrially important ω-aminotransferase enzymes from Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Chromobacterium violaceum have been determined in order to understand the differences in their substrate specificity...
- Drimendiol, a drimane sesquiterpene with quorum sensing inhibition activityCristian Paza
Laboratory of Chemistry of Natural Products and Oceanographic Science, University of Concepcion, Chile
Nat Prod Commun 8:147-8. 2013..Their QS activity, when tested on Chromobacterium violaceum ATCC 12472, showed that drimendiol is an inhibitor of QS, decreasing violaceine production in C ..
- Antibiotics at subinhibitory concentrations improve the quorum sensing behavior of Chromobacterium violaceumZhanjun Liu
Key Laboratory of Marine Drugs, Chinese Ministry of Education, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China
FEMS Microbiol Lett 341:37-44. 2013..we found that antibiotics at subinhibitory concentrations improved the violacein-producing ability of Chromobacterium violaceum ATCC 12472...
- Interference in quorum sensing signal transmission amongst microbial speciesZoltán G Varga
University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Acta Microbiol Immunol Hung 59:475-84. 2012..of co-existing cell populations, the N-acyl homoserine lactone producing Ezf 10-17 was applied with Chromobacterium violaceum 026 as sensor...
- DNA repair in Chromobacterium violaceumFábio Teixeira Duarte
Departamento de Biologia Celular e Genetica, Centro de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Campus Universitario, Lagoa Nova, 59072 970 Natal, RN, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 3:167-80. 2004b>Chromobacterium violaceum is a Gram-negative beta-proteobacterium that inhabits a variety of ecosystems in tropical and subtropical regions, including the water and banks of the Negro River in the Brazilian Amazon...
- Detection and characterization of quorum sensing signal molecules in Acinetobacter strainsR H Gonzalez
Department of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Microbiol Res 155:271-7. 2001..None of the Acinetobacter supematants showed autoinduction activity with an Chromobacterium violaceum reporter strain, neither in direct or competition assays.
- Role of the second coordination sphere residue tyrosine 179 in substrate affinity and catalytic activity of phenylalanine hydroxylaseJérôme Zoidakis
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Biol Inorg Chem 9:289-96. 2004..According to recent crystallographic studies, residue Tyr179 in Chromobacterium violaceum phenylalanine hydroxylase is located in the active site and its hydroxyl oxygen is 5...
- Molecular mechanism of violacein-mediated human leukemia cell deathCarmen Verissima Ferreira
Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Blood 104:1459-64. 2004Violacein, a pigment isolated from Chromobacterium violaceum in the Amazon River, presents diverse biologic properties and attracts interest as a consequence of its antileukemic activity...
- Cytotoxicity and potential antiviral evaluation of violacein produced by Chromobacterium violaceumC R Andrighetti-Fröhner
Laboratorio de Virologia Aplicada, Departamento de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario Trindade, Florianopolis, SC Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 98:843-8. 2003..Violacein, the major pigment produced by Chromobacterium violaceum, has been shown to have antibiotic, antitumoral and anti-Trypanosoma cruzi activities...
- Production and characterization of violacein by locally isolated Chromobacterium violaceum grown in agricultural wastesWan Azlina Ahmad
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor, Malaysia
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 167:1220-34. 2012The present work highlighted the production of violacein by the locally isolated Chromobacterium violaceum (GenBank accession no...
- In vitro testing for genotoxicity of violacein assessed by Comet and Micronucleus assaysCarla R Andrighetti-Fröhner
Laboratory of Applied Virology, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, UFSC, Campus Universitario Trindade, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Mutat Res 603:97-103. 2006b>Chromobacterium violaceum is a Gram (-) bacteria found in water samples and soils from tropical and subtropical regions of the world...
- Acyl-homoserine lactone-dependent eavesdropping promotes competition in a laboratory co-culture modelJosephine R Chandler
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
ISME J 6:2219-28. 2012..developed a dual-species co-culture model using the soil saprophytes Burkholderia thailandensis (Bt) and Chromobacterium violaceum (Cv)...
- Synthesis of cembranoid analogues and evaluation of their potential as quorum sensing inhibitorsEdisson Tello
Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, AA 14490, Bogota, Colombia
Bioorg Med Chem 21:242-56. 2013..obtained through the selected chemical transformations were tested in vitro against the QS systems of a Chromobacterium violaceum biosensor...
- Paediatric Chromobacterium violaceum in Cambodia: the first documented caseLov Ke
Angkor Hospital for Children, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Trop Doct 42:178-9. 2012b>Chromobacterium violaceum infection is rarely described in Southeast Asian children, which may be due partly to the lack of access to adequate microbiology facilities in many areas...
- Quorum sensing inhibition by Asparagopsis taxiformis, a marine macro alga: separation of the compound that interrupts bacterial communicationBhavanath Jha
Discipline of Marine Biotechnology and Ecology, CSIR Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute, G B Marg, Bhavnagar 364002, Gujarat, India
Mar Drugs 11:253-65. 2013..Thirty marine macroalgae were tested for QS inhibition activity by using Chromobacterium violaceum CV026 as the reporter strain, and among them, Asparagopsis taxiformis showed antibacterial, as well as ..
- Preventing Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Chromobacterium violaceum infections by anti-adhesion-active components of edible seedsOfra Rachmaninov
The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Nutr J 11:10. 2012..We have shown that PA-IL, PA-IIL, and also CV-IIL (a PA-IIL homolog produced in the related pathogen Chromobacterium violaceum) are highly useful for revealing natural glycodecoys that surround embryos in diverse avian eggs and are ..
- The Chromobacterium violaceum type III effector CopE, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rac1 and Cdc42, is involved in bacterial invasion of epithelial cells and pathogenesisTsuyoshi Miki
Department of Microbiology, School of Pharmacy, Kitasato University, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
Mol Microbiol 80:1186-203. 2011..system (T3SS) encoded by Chromobacterium pathogenicity islands 1 and 1a (Cpi-1/-1a) is critical for Chromobacterium violaceum pathogenesis...
- Histone deacetylase inhibitor FK228 inhibits tumor angiogenesisHo Jeong Kwon
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Institute of Bioscience, Sejong University, 98 Kunja dong, Kwangjin ku, Seoul, 143 747, Korea
Int J Cancer 97:290-6. 2002FK228 (formerly FR901228) was recently isolated from Chromobacterium violaceum as a potent antitumor agent and its biologic target protein was identified as histone deacetylase (HDAC). Because of its unique chemical structure (i.e...
- Quorum quenching in cultivable bacteria from dense marine coastal microbial communitiesManuel Romero
Departamento de Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Biología CIBUS, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago, Spain
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 75:205-17. 2011..or significantly reduce N-hexanoyl-l-homoserine lactone activity as detected by the biosensor strain Chromobacterium violaceum CV026, a much higher percentage than that reported for soil isolates, which reinforces the ecological ..
- Phagocyte NADPH oxidase, but not inducible nitric oxide synthase, is essential for early control of Burkholderia cepacia and chromobacterium violaceum infection in miceBrahm H Segal
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Infect Immun 71:205-10. 2003..we examined the roles of these reactive species in host defense against Burkholderia cepacia and Chromobacterium violaceum, organisms known to have unusual virulence in chronic granulomatous disease. Intraperitoneal B...
- Evidence for a high-spin Fe(IV) species in the catalytic cycle of a bacterial phenylalanine hydroxylaseAram Joel Panay
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, United States
Biochemistry 50:1928-33. 2011..methods have been used to analyze the mechanism of a bacterial phenylalanine hydroxylase from Chromobacterium violaceum. Mössbauer spectra of samples prepared by freeze-quenching the reaction of the enzyme-(57)Fe(II)-..
- Chromobacterium violaceum and its important metabolites--reviewM Duran
Biological Chemistry Laboratory, Institute of Chemistry, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, C P 6254, CEP, 13083 970, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 55:535-47. 2010..violaceum with industrial interest. An important discussion is on biological applications in medicine and as industrial products such as textile and in cosmetics...
- New insights into the genetic organization of the FK228 biosynthetic gene cluster in Chromobacterium violaceum no. 968Vishwakanth Y Potharla
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, P O Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:1508-11. 2011..As a result, the gene cluster is redefined to contain 12 genes: depA through depJ, depM, and a newly identified pathway regulatory gene, depR...
- Biochemical and structural characterization of WlbA from Bordetella pertussis and Chromobacterium violaceum: enzymes required for the biosynthesis of 2,3-diacetamido-2,3-dideoxy-D-mannuronic acidJames B Thoden
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, United States
Biochemistry 50:1483-91. 2011..a combined structural and functional investigation of the WlbA enzymes from Bordetella pertussis and Chromobacterium violaceum. For this investigation, ternary structures were determined in the presence of NAD(H) and substrate to 2...
- Anti-diarrhoeal and ulcer-protective effects of violacein isolated from Chromobacterium violaceum in Wistar ratsPaulrayer Antonisamy
Division of Ethnopharmacology, Entomology Research Institute, Loyola College, Chennai 600 034, Tamil Nadu, India
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 23:483-90. 2009Violacein was isolated from Chromobacterium violaceum, a soil Gram-negative bacterium collected from the forest water body soil sample from Kolli Hills of Tamil Nadu, India...
- Inhibition of quorum sensing in Chromobacterium violaceum by pigments extracted from Auricularia auricularH Zhu
State Key Laboratory of Heavy Oil Processing, China University of Petroleum East China, Dongying, China
Lett Appl Microbiol 52:269-74. 2011..This study aimed to search for a novel quorum-sensing inhibitor from some fungi and analyse its inhibitory activity...
- Impact of violacein-producing bacteria on survival and feeding of bacterivorous nanoflagellatesCarsten Matz
Department of Physiological Ecology, Max Planck Institute for Limnology, D 24302 Plön, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:1593-9. 2004..Freshwater isolates of Janthinobacterium lividum and Chromobacterium violaceum produced the purple pigment violacein and exhibited acute toxicity to the nanoflagellates tested...
- Inhibition of marine biofouling by bacterial quorum sensing inhibitorsSergey Dobretsov
Department of Marine Science and Fisheries, College of Agricultural and Marine Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, Sultanate of Oman
Biofouling 27:893-905. 2011..plants, were screened for the inhibition of bacterial quorum sensing (QS) using a reporter strain Chromobacterium violaceum CV017. About half of the natural products did not show any QS inhibition...
- Isolation and identification of poly(3-hydroxyvalerate)-degrading strains of Pseudomonas lemoigneiJ Mergaert
Laboratorium voor Microbiologie, Vakgroep Biochemie, Fysiologie en Microbiologie, Universiteit Gent, Belgium
Int J Syst Bacteriol 46:769-73. 1996..of polyhydroxyalkanoate-degrading bacteria and poly(3-hydroxyvalerate)-containing granules from Chromobacterium violaceum as the carbon source, 10 new Pseudomonas lemoignei strains were isolated; these strains were able to ..
- Involvement of multiple loci in quorum quenching of autoinducer I molecules in the nitrogen-fixing symbiont Rhizobium (Sinorhizobium) sp. strain NGR234D Krysciak
Abteilung für Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Biozentrum Klein Flottbek, Universitat Hamburg, Ohnhorststr 18, D 22609 Hamburg, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:5089-99. 2011..inhibited biofilm formation and other quorum-sensing-dependent processes in Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Chromobacterium violaceum, and Agrobacterium tumefaciens...
- Inhibition of quorum sensing in the opportunistic pathogenic bacterium Chromobacterium violaceum by an extract from fruiting bodies of Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum (W.Curt.:Fr.) P. Karst. (higher Basidiomycetes)Hu Zhu
Center for Bioengineering and Biotechnology, China University of Petroleum East China, Qingdao 266555, P R China
Int J Med Mushrooms 13:559-64. 2011Extracts of Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum, inhibited quorum sensing in Chromobacterium violaceum CV026. G. lucidum fruiting bodies were milled and extracted with ethyl acetate...
- Draft genome sequence of the biocontrol bacterium Chromobacterium sp. strain C-61Hyun Jung Kim
Institute of Environmentally Friendly Agriculture, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
J Bacteriol 193:6803-4. 2011..A comparison of this sequence to the sequenced genome of Chromobacterium violaceum ATCC 12472 indicates the novelty of C-61 and a subset of gene functions that may be related to its ..
- The NLRC4 inflammasome receptors for bacterial flagellin and type III secretion apparatusYue Zhao
Graduate Program in Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730, China
Nature 477:596-600. 2011..Genetic analysis of Chromobacterium violaceum infection revealed that the TTSS needle protein CprI can stimulate NLRC4 inflammasome activation in ..
- Malabaricone C from Myristica cinnamomea exhibits anti-quorum sensing activityYee Meng Chong
Division of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Nat Prod 74:2261-4. 2011..Compound 1 inhibited violacein production by Chromobacterium violaceum CV026 when grown in the presence of a cognate signaling molecule, N-3-oxohexanoyl-homoserine lactone...
- Violacein synergistically increases 5-fluorouracil cytotoxicity, induces apoptosis and inhibits Akt-mediated signal transduction in human colorectal cancer cellsLiudmila L Kodach
Laboratory for Experimental Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 27:508-16. 2006..Violacein, a pigment isolated from Chromobacterium violaceum in the Amazon river, has a diverse spectrum of biological activities, and represents a novel cytotoxic ..
- Thailandepsins: bacterial products with potent histone deacetylase inhibitory activities and broad-spectrum antiproliferative activitiesCheng Wang
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, P O Box 413, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201, United States
J Nat Prod 74:2031-8. 2011..Our studies of FK228 biosynthesis in Chromobacterium violaceum no...
- Folding dynamics of phenylalanine hydroxylase depends on the enzyme's metallation state: the native metal, iron, protects against aggregate intermediatesAristobulo Loaiza
Brown Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Eur Biophys J 40:959-68. 2011..are affected by the metal cofactor, we investigated the chemical (un)folding of apo- and holo-PAH from Chromobacterium violaceum (cPAH) using circular dichroism (CD) and analytical ultracentrifugation (AUC)...
- Quorum sensing in Vibrio anguillarum: characterization of the vanI/vanR locus and identification of the autoinducer N-(3-oxodecanoyl)-L-homoserine lactoneD L Milton
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Umea University, Sweden
J Bacteriol 179:3004-12. 1997..strain, whereas they both stimulated and inhibited AHL-mediated violacein pigment production in Chromobacterium violaceum. This finding suggested that V. anguillarum may produce multiple AHL signal molecules...
- Distribution of N-Acylhomoserine Lactone-Producing Fluorescent Pseudomonads in the Phyllosphere and Rhizosphere of Potato (Solanum tuberosum L.)Nobutaka Someya
National Agricultural Research Center for Hokkaido Region NARCH, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization NARO
Microbes Environ 24:305-14. 2009..and 28 root isolates induced violacein production in two N-acylhomoserine lactone (AHL)-reporter strains-Chromobacterium violaceum CV026 and VIR24...
- A strategy for antagonizing quorum sensingGuozhou Chen
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Mol Cell 42:199-209. 2011..with natural and synthetic ligands demonstrate that the dimeric LuxR-type transcription factor CviR from Chromobacterium violaceum is potently antagonized by molecules that bind in place of the native acylated homoserine lactone ..
- Degradation of N-acylhomoserine lactone quorum sensing signaling molecules by potato root surface-associated Chryseobacterium strainsRumana Rashid
Department of Material and Environmental Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Utsunomiya University, Utsunomiya, Tochigi 321 8585, Japan
Microbes Environ 26:144-8. 2011..strains were obtained from the roots of potato plants and screened for AHL-degrading bacteria using Chromobacterium violaceum reporter strains. Sixty one isolates degraded N-hexanoyl-L-homoserine lactone (C6-HSL) within 24 h...
- Cloning, molecular analysis, and expression of the polyhydroxyalkanoic acid synthase (phaC) gene from Chromobacterium violaceumD Kolibachuk
Biology Department, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:3561-5. 1999The polyhydroxyalkanoic acid synthase gene from Chromobacterium violaceum (phaC(Cv)) was cloned and characterized. A 6...
- Biochemical characteristics and biological properties of Annurca apple ciderFlorinda Fratianni
Institute of Food Science, National Research Council, Avellino, Italy
J Med Food 15:18-23. 2012..The extract's potential anti-quorum-sensing (AQS) activity was assessed using the test microorganism Chromobacterium violaceum. Biochemical analysis of the extract using ultra-performance liquid chromatography revealed catechin and ..
- Regulation of the violacein biosynthetic gene cluster by acylhomoserine lactone-mediated quorum sensing in Chromobacterium violaceum ATCC 12472Tomohiro Morohoshi
Department of Material and Environmental Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Utsunomiya University, Utsunomiya, Tochigi, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:2116-9. 2010b>Chromobacterium violaceum produces the purple pigment violacein by quorum-sensing regulation. 20-bp of the lux box-like sequence was found upstream of vioA in C. violaceum ATCC 12472...
- Transcriptional Profiles of Escherichia coli BiofilmsRobert McLean; Fiscal Year: 2002..Overall, this project will explain several fundamental aspects of E. coli biofilm growth and suggest possible targets for future antibiotic research. ..
- Antibiotics Discovery from the Great LakesYi Qiang Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Discover and Engineer New Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors as Anticancer AgentsYi Qiang Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research will generate new anticancer lead compounds for further evaluation toward clinical applications. ..