Alias: "Staphylococcus saprophyticus" Fairbrother 1940, Staphylococcus saprophyticus (Fairbrother 1940) Shaw et al. 1951
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Rapid differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and other coagulase-negative staphylococci and meticillin susceptibility testing directly from growth-positive blood cultures by multiplex real-time PCRLeanne Jukes
Public Health Wales Microbiology ABM Swansea, Singleton Hospital, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board, Swansea, UK
J Med Microbiol 59:1456-61. 2010..aureus]; 30 S. epidermidis (56.6% of the CoNS), 8 Staphylococcus capitis (15.1%), 3 Staphylococcus saprophyticus (5.7%), 4 Staphylococcus hominis (7.5%), 3 Staphylococcus haemolyticus (5...
- In vitro studies of fleroxacin (Ro 23-6240), a new trifluorinated quinolone derivativeA Digranes
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Gade Institute, Haukeland Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Chemotherapy 34:401-10. 1988..against Staphylococcus aureus, but fleroxacin was less active against Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus than were the other derivatives...
- Molecular detection of enterotoxins E, G, H and I in Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from clinical samples of newborns in BrazilN G Vasconcelos
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Biosciences, UNESP Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Appl Microbiol 111:749-62. 2011..The objective of this study was to investigate the detection of SEE, SEG, SEH and SEI in strains of Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS) using RT-PCR...
- An international survey of the antimicrobial susceptibility of pathogens from uncomplicated urinary tract infections: the ECO.SENS ProjectG Kahlmeter
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Central Hospital, SE 351 85 Växjö, Sweden
J Antimicrob Chemother 51:69-76. 2003..9%, co-amoxiclav 21.3% and cefadroxil 24.6%), nitrofurantoin (40.2%) and fosfomycin (15.6%). In Staphylococcus saprophyticus resistance development was rare...
- Prevalence and persistence of coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species in three dairy research herdsB E Gillespie
Department of Animal Science, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Vet Microbiol 134:65-72. 2009..10%), Staphylococcus simulans (7%), Staphylococcus warneri (2%), Staphylococcus hominis (2%), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (1%), Staphylococcus xylosus (1%), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (<1%), Staphylococcus sciuri (<1%),..
- The staphylococcal transferrin-binding protein is a cell wall glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenaseB Modun
Institute of Infections and Immunity, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 67:1086-92. 1999..In contrast, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, which lacks a Tpn, has no cell wall-associated GAPDH activity...
- Evolution of slime production by coagulase-negative staphylococci and enterotoxigenic characteristics of Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from various human clinical specimensBanur Boynukara
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Yuzuncu Yil, 65080 Van, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 56:1296-300. 2007..7 %) as Staphylococcus simulans, Staphylococcus capitis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus, respectively. Thirty-nine (60 %) of 65 CoNS were found to be slime producers...
- Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activity of folklore: Mallotus peltatus leaf extractDebprasad Chattopadhyay
ICMR Virus Unit Calcutta, I D and B G Hospital, GB 4, 57 Dr Suresh Chandra Banerjee Road, Beliaghata, Kolkata, India
J Ethnopharmacol 82:229-37. 2002..The crude methanol extract of M. peltatus leaves was found to be active against Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Streptococcus faecalis, Bacillus subtilis, Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis and the ..
- Role of different classes of mammalian cell surface molecules in adherence of coagulase positive and coagulase negative staphylococciMohamed M Hafez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
J Basic Microbiol 48:353-62. 2008..Staphylococcus aureus and some coagulase negative staphylococci, namely Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus was investigated. Upon testing the adherence to Vero and Hep-2 cells, S...
- [Bacteriological finding in the urethra in men with and without non-gonococcal urethritis]Jelica Tiodorović
Klinicki centar, Klinika za kozne i polne bolesti, Nis, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 64:833-6. 2007..The etiology of the disease is complex and not completely solved. The aim of this study was to determine the bacteriological finding in the urethra in men with and without non-gonococcal urethritis...
- Differentiation of Staphylococcus spp. by high-resolution melting analysisMichal Slany
Centre for Cardiovascular Surgery and Transplantations, Pekarska 53, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
Can J Microbiol 56:1040-9. 2010..epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus sciuri, Staphylococcus simulans, Staphylococcus warneri, and Staphylococcus xylosus) ..
- Susceptibility patterns of coagulase-negative staphylococci to several newer antimicrobial agents in comparison with vancomycin and oxacillinJ Ian Stuart
Department of Microbiology, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Int J Antimicrob Agents 37:248-52. 2011..Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus schleiferi and Staphylococcus simulans were the most daptomycin-susceptible CoNS ..
- Antimicrobial activity of Alstonia macrophylla: a folklore of bay islandsD Chattopadhyay
ICMR Virus Unit, Calcutta Infectious Diseases and Beliaghata General Hospital Campus, GB 4 1st Floor, Beliaghata Main Road, Calcutta 700010, India
J Ethnopharmacol 77:49-55. 2001..of the crude extract showed antimicrobial activity against various strains of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Streptococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton ..
- A retrospective analysis of isolates from patients with vaginitis in a private Greek obstetric/gynecological hospital (2003-2006)Christos Iavazzo
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences AIBS, Athens, Greece
Med Sci Monit 14:CR228-31. 2008..This study was conducted to describe microbial etiology in a population of symptomatic women with vaginitis in Greece...
- Urinary excretion and bactericidal activities of a single oral dose of 400 milligrams of fleroxacin versus a single oral dose of 800 milligrams of pefloxacin in healthy volunteersK G Naber
Department of Urology, St Elisabeth Hospital, Straubing, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:1659-65. 1998..The same is true for Enterococcus faecalis. Against Staphylococcus saprophyticus, UBTs were present for at least 48 h with both quinolones...
- Simple sequence repeats in different genome sequences of Shigella and comparison with high GC and AT-rich genomesAshraf Hosseini
Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, University of Pune, Pune, India
DNA Seq 19:167-76. 2008..and 2457T, Shigella sonnei, Escherichia coli k12, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Mycobacterium leprae and Staphylococcus saprophyticus) have downloaded from the GenBank database for identifying abundance, distribution and composition of ..
- Stability of the biodiversity of the surface consortia of Gubbeen, a red-smear cheeseM C Rea
Moorepark Food Research Centre, Teagasc, Fermoy, Ireland
J Dairy Sci 90:2200-10. 2007..The bacteria included at least 17 species, of which the most common were Staphylococcus saprophyticus (316 isolates), Corynebacterium casei (248 isolates), Brevibacterium aurantiacum (187 isolates), ..
- Growth characteristics of Brevibacterium, Corynebacterium, Microbacterium, and Staphylococcus spp. isolated from surface-ripened cheeseJerome Mounier
Moorepark Food Research Centre, Teagasc, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co Cork, Ireland
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:7732-9. 2007..casei DPC 5298(T), Corynebacterium variabile DPC 5310, Microbacterium gubbeenense DPC 5286(T), and Staphylococcus saprophyticus 4E61, all of which were isolated from the surface of smear cheese, were studied in complex and ..
- Surveillance study in Europe and Brazil on clinical aspects and Antimicrobial Resistance Epidemiology in Females with Cystitis (ARESC): implications for empiric therapyKurt G Naber
Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Eur Urol 54:1164-75. 2008..Uncomplicated cystitis in females is among the most frequent infections in community...
- Antibacterial properties of human amnion and chorion in vitroN Kjaergaard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aalborg Hospital, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 94:224-9. 2001..of the following species or bacterial groups: Hemolytic streptococcus group A, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Enterococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter calcoaceticus and ..
- Comparative evaluation of two commercial chromogenic media for detection and presumptive identification of urinary tract pathogensC Scarparo
Laboratory of Clinical Microbiology and Virology, S Bortolo Hospital, Viale Rodolfi 37, 36100 Vicenza, Italy
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:283-9. 2002..were correctly identified and were easily distinguished from the Streptococcus agalactiae isolates. Staphylococcus saprophyticus isolates were easy to identify only on the CHROMagar Orientation medium...
- Antibiotic resistance in outpatient urinary isolates: final results from the North American Urinary Tract Infection Collaborative Alliance (NAUTICA)George G Zhanel
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:380-8. 2005..2%), Enterobacter cloacae (1.9%), coagulase-negative staphylococci (1.3%), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (1.2%), Klebsiella spp. (1.2%), Enterobacter aerogenes (1.1%) and Streptococcus agalactiae (1.0%)...
- [Profile and sensitivity to antibiotics of 2063 uropathogenic bacteria isolated in the center of Tunisia]J Boukadida
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, CHU Farhat Hached, 4002 Sousse, Tunisie
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 95:8-10. 2002..with 92% of the whole bacterium and Escherichia coli represented 67% of the whole of the germs; Staphylococcus saprophyticus with 4.8% and Streptococcus agalactiae with 1% dominated Gram positive bacteria...
- Causative agents and antimicrobial susceptibilities of urinary tract infections in the northwest of IranSafar Farajnia
Drug Applied Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Int J Infect Dis 13:140-4. 2009..The empirical therapy of urinary tract infections (UTI) relies on the predictability of the agents causing UTI and knowledge of their antimicrobial susceptibility patterns...
- A survey of antibiotic resistance in Micrococcaceae isolated from Italian dry fermented sausagesFausto Gardini
Dipartimento di Protezione e Valorizzazione Agroalimentare, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Via Fanin 46, 40127 Bologna, Italy
J Food Prot 66:937-45. 2003..The species most frequently isolated was Staphylococcus xylosus, followed by Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Staphylococcus aureus...
- [Antimicrobial susceptibility of coagulase negative staphylococci isolated from urine]A Uesugi
Clinical Laboratory, Juntendo University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:187-97. 1996..were tested; Staphylococcus epidermidis (59 strains), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (42 strains), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (30 strains)...
- Epidemiology and clinical characteristics of patients with Staphylococcus saprophyticus bacteriuria in IsraelR Colodner
Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, Ha Emek Medical Center, Afula 18101, Israel
Infection 34:278-81. 2006b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus is a leading cause of lower urinary tract infections (UTI) in young women in the USA, Canada and Scandinavian countries, but seems to be very rare in other countries like Israel...
- Safety-related properties of staphylococci isolated from food and food environmentsM Marino
Department of Food Science, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
J Appl Microbiol 110:550-61. 2011..To test some safety-related properties within 321 staphylococci strains isolated from food and food environments...
- Involvement of cell shape and flagella in the bacterial retention during percolation of contaminated water through soil columns in tropical regionMoise Nola
University of Yaounde, Cameroon
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 45:1297-306. 2010..straight rods, peritrichous flagella), Vibrio parahaemolyticus (rods bacteria, polar flagella), and Staphylococcus saprophyticus (spherical, free-flagellum)...
- Dry hot air: is it a reliable method of disinfection for urological endoscopes? Preliminary studyMohammad S Abdel-Kader
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Urology, South Valley University, Qena, Egypt
Urology 74:672-4. 2009..To evaluate dry hot air effect as a reliable method of disinfection of urological endoscopes...
- The treatment of staphylococcus peritonitis in patients on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysisJ Drinovec
Department of Nephrology, University Medical Center, Ljublijana, Yugoslavia
Chemioterapia 7:46-8. 1988..During 258 months of the CAPD treatment they had 54 episodes of peritonitis. Staphylococcus saprophyticus was the most frequent offender of peritonitis, isolated from peritoneal effluent in 44% of the cases, ..
- Design and application of a Staphylococcus-specific single strand conformation polymorphism-PCR analysis to monitor Staphylococcus populations diversity and dynamics during production of raw milk cheeseC Delbes
Unité de Recherches Fromagères, INRA, Aurillac, France
Lett Appl Microbiol 41:169-74. 2005..Development of a nested-PCR single strand conformation polymorphism (SSCP) assay targeting the 16S rRNA genes of the Staphylococcus genus, to monitor staphylococci in cheese...
- The autolytic activity of the recombinant amidase of Staphylococcus saprophyticus is inhibited by its own recombinant GW repeatsWolfgang Hell
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, D 44780, Bochum, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 227:47-51. 2003The Aas (autolysin/adhesin of Staphylococcus saprophyticus) is a multifunctional surface protein containing two enzymatic domains an N-acetyl-muramyl-L-alanine amidase, an endo-beta-N-acetyl-D-glucosaminidase, and two different regions of ..
- Composition, antimicrobial activity and cytotoxicity of essential oils from Aristolochia mollissimaJian Qing Yu
College of Pharmacy, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, People s Republic of China Renmin Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, People s Republic of China
Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 23:162-7. 2007..The rhizome oil showed the strongest bactericidal activity against Staphylococcus saprophyticus, whereas the oil from the aerial part of A...
- Molecular characterization of femA from Staphylococcus hominis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus, and femA-based discrimination of staphylococcal speciesP Vannuffel
Laboratory of Applied Molecular Technology, Brussels, Belgium
Res Microbiol 150:129-41. 1999....
- [Antibiotic resistance and biofilm formation in Staphylococcus saprophyticus strains isolated from urine]L Cernohorská
Mikrobiologický ustav LF MU a FN u sv Anny v Brne
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 59:88-91. 2010Eighty-seven Staphylococcus saprophyticus strains isolated from urine of 87 patients with cystitis were examined in 2005-2009...
- Antibiotic resistance in pathogens causing community-acquired urinary tract infections in India: a multicenter studyAtul Kothari
Department of Microbiology, Max Heart and Vascular Institute, Saket, India
J Infect Dev Ctries 2:354-8. 2008..This study was conducted to determine patterns of resistance amongst CA-uropathogens in India, to help establish local guidelines on treatment of CA-UTI...
- [Community-acquired urinary tract infections in 15 to 65 years old female patients in France. Susceptibility of E. coli according to history: AFORCOPI-BIO network 2003]D De Mouy
LABM Claude Bernard, 39, rue Claude Bernard 75005 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 37:594-8. 2007..A multicenter study was implemented in order to determine the distribution and antibiotic susceptibility patterns of strains isolated from 15 to 65 year old female patients with community-acquired urinary tract infections...
- Pattern of aerobic bacteria with antimicrobial susceptibility causing community acquired urinary tract infectionU S Parvin
Department of Microbiology, Mymensingh Medical College MMC, Mymensingh, Bangladesh
Mymensingh Med J 18:148-53. 2009..The isolated microorganisms were Escherichia coli (73%) followed by Staphylococcus saprophyticus (11.1%), Klebsiella spp (6.7%), Enterobacter spp (4.4%), Pseudomonas aeruginosa (2...
- Septic arthritis of the temporomandibular joint: a retrospective review of 40 casesXie Yi Cai
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Stomatology, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:731-8. 2010..The aim of the present study was to review the cases treated at our clinic, analyze the characteristics of this disease and the responses to management, and recommend a protocol for managing suspected cases...
- Cloning of aas, a gene encoding a Staphylococcus saprophyticus surface protein with adhesive and autolytic propertiesW Hell
Institut für Hygiene und Mikrobiologie, Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Germany
Mol Microbiol 29:871-81. 1998A gene encoding a novel cell wall-associated protein of Staphylococcus saprophyticus that binds fibronectin and to sheep erythrocytes has been cloned and sequenced...
- Effect of opium smoking cessation on the nasopharyngeal microbial floraAli Golshiri
ENT Department, Moradi Hospital, Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences, Rafsanjan, Iran
Saudi Med J 31:25-8. 2010..To determine the effect of opium smoking cessation on the frequency and type of microorganisms in the nasopharynx of opium smokers...
- Staphylococcus succinus sp. nov., isolated from Dominican amberL H Lambert
XOMA Corporation, Berkeley, CA 94710, USA
Int J Syst Bacteriol 48:511-8. 1998..xylosus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus and other novobiocin-resistant staphylococci...
- [Antimicrobial activity of cefteram comparison with other oral antibiotics]K Deguchi
Research Department, Tokyo Clinical Research Center
Jpn J Antibiot 42:1216-32. 1989..pneumoniae, S. pyogenes, Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Staphylococcus aureus. 3...
- Enterococcus faecalis subverts and invades the host urothelium in patients with chronic urinary tract infectionHarry Horsley
Centre for Clinical Science and Technology, Research Department of Clinical Physiology, Division of Medicine, University College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e83637. 2013..Other bacterial species, such as Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Klebsiella pneumonia and Salmonella enterica have also been shown to be invasive in acute UTI...
- Typing and subtyping of 83 clinical isolates purified from surgically implanted silicone feeding tubes by random amplified polymorphic DNA amplificationMelanie P Dautle
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Medicine, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina 29634, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:414-21. 2002..19 isolates of Staphylococcus aureus, 2 isolates of Staphylococcus epidermidis, and 7 isolates of Staphylococcus saprophyticus. Amplified DNA fragments (amplicons) provided species-specific fingerprints for comparison by agarose ..
- Staphylococcus nepalensis sp. nov., isolated from goats of the Himalayan regionJoachim Spergser
Institute of Bacteriology, Mycology and Hygiene, University of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinarplatz 1, A 1210 Vienna, Austria
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:2007-11. 2003..urealyticus ATCC 49330(T), Staphylococcus saprophyticus subsp. saprophyticus ATCC 15305(T), S. cohnii subsp...
- A newly isolated organic solvent tolerant Staphylococcus saprophyticus M36 produced organic solvent-stable lipaseYaowei Fang
College of Food Science and Technology, Nanjing Agriculture University, Nanjing, China
Curr Microbiol 53:510-5. 2006..able to grow at high concentration of benzene or toluene up to 40% (vol/vol), and later identified as Staphylococcus saprophyticus by biochemical test and 16s ribosomal DNA sequence...
- The etiology of urinary tract infection: traditional and emerging pathogensAllan Ronald
Dis Mon 49:71-82. 2003..uropathogen (80%) isolated in acute community-acquired uncomplicated infections, followed by Staphylococcus saprophyticus (10% to 15%)...
- Inhibition of urease activity in the urinary tract pathogen Staphylococcus saprophyticusA N Loes
School of Mathematical and Natural Sciences, Arizona State University at the West Campus, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Lett Appl Microbiol 58:31-41. 2014Urease is a virulence factor for the Gram-positive urinary tract pathogen Staphylococcus saprophyticus. The susceptibility of this enzyme to chemical inhibition was determined using soluble extracts of Staph...
- Addressing antibiotic resistanceKalpana Gupta
Dis Mon 49:99-110. 2003..of organisms causing acute UTI is highly predictable (Escherichia coli accounts for 75% to 90% and Staphylococcus saprophyticus accounts for 5% to 15% of isolates), and the susceptibility patterns of these organisms have also been ..
- Significance of the D-serine-deaminase and D-serine metabolism of Staphylococcus saprophyticus for virulenceMiriam Korte-Berwanger
Department of Medical Microbiology, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Infect Immun 81:4525-33. 2013b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus is the only species of Staphylococcus that is typically uropathogenic and possesses a gene coding for a D-serine-deaminase (DsdA)...
- Dynamics of bacterial communities during the ripening process of different Croatian cheese types derived from raw ewe's milk cheesesMirna Mrkonjic Fuka
Department Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia Research Unit for Environmental Genomics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Neuherberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e80734. 2013..two families could be clearly assigned to species which are known as potential human pathogens like Staphylococcus saprophyticus or Salmonella spp. However, during cheese ripening their abundance was reduced...
- Using biofunctionalized nanoparticles to probe pathogenic bacteriaKun Chan Ho
Department of Applied Chemistry, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
Anal Chem 76:7162-8. 2004..The lowest cell concentration we detected for both Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Staphylococcus aureus in aqueous sample solutions (0...
- [Post-marketing surveillance of antibacterial activities of cefozopran against various clinical isolates--I. Gram-positive bacteria]Jun Igari
Department of Clinical Pathology, Juntendou University, School of Medicine
Jpn J Antibiot 56:437-57. 2003..MSSE), methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (MRSE), Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecium, Enterococcus avium, Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus ..
- Separation of Listeria from cheese and enrichment media using antibody-coated microbeads and centrifugationE Kaclíková
Department of Microbiology and Chemistry, Food Research Institute, Priemyselna 4, PO Box 25, SK 82475 26, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Microbiol Methods 46:63-7. 2001..Although cross-reactivity with certain Gram-positive bacteria (Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Arthrobacter sp...
- Antibacterial properties of gemifloxacin and trovafloxacin in urine ex vivo: phase I studyG Garcia-Calvo
Medical Microbiology Department, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1876-8. 2001Urine bactericidal titers (UBTs) against Escherichia coli ATCC 25922 and Staphylococcus saprophyticus ATCC 1970 were determined after the administration of single oral doses of gemifloxacin at 320 mg and trovafloxacin at 200 mg to healthy ..
- Distribution of SCCmec-associated phenol-soluble modulin in staphylococciStefan Monecke
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Mol Cell Probes 26:99-103. 2012..epidermidis, Staphylococcus fleuretti, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus pseudintermedius, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus simulans and Staphylococcus vitulinus from different hosts (humans, goats, dogs, cats, ..
- Broad identification of bacterial type in urinary tract infection using (1)h NMR spectroscopyAshish Gupta
Centre of Biomedical Magnetic Resonance, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareli Road, Lucknow 226 014, India
J Proteome Res 11:1844-54. 2012..Citrobacter frundii) and gram positive cocci (GPC) (Enterococcus faecalis, Streptococcus group B, Staphylococcus saprophyticus)...
- Draft genome sequence of Staphylococcus saprophyticus subsp. saprophyticus M1-1, isolated from the gills of a Korean rockfish, Sebastes schlegeli Hilgendorf, after high hydrostatic pressure processingBong Soo Kim
Chunlab, Inc, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Bacteriol 194:4441-2. 2012..Studies of 16S rRNA phylogeny and comparative genomics demonstrated that the isolate belongs to Staphylococcus saprophyticus subsp. saprophyticus. Here, we report the draft genome sequence of S. saprophyticus subsp...
- Identification of Staphylococcus saprophyticus isolated from patients with urinary tract infection using a simple set of biochemical tests correlating with 16S-23S interspace region molecular weight patternsAdriano Martison Ferreira
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Botucatu Biosciences Institute, Unesp University Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
J Microbiol Methods 91:406-11. 2012..This study confirms that automated systems are still unable to correctly differentiate CoNS species and that simple, reliable and inexpensive methods can be used for routine identification...
- Time-based distribution of Staphylococcus saprophyticus pulsed field gel-electrophoresis clusters in community-acquired urinary tract infectionsViviane Santos de Sousa
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 108:73-6. 2013The epidemiology of urinary tract infections (UTI) by Staphylococcus saprophyticus has not been fully characterised and strain typing methods have not been validated for this agent...
- Surface microflora of four smear-ripened cheesesJerome Mounier
Dairy Products Research Centre, Teagasc, Moorepark, Fermoy, Ireland
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:6489-500. 2005..nov., Brevibacterium linens, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus equorum, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Micrococcus luteus, Halomonas venusta, Vibrio sp., and Bacillus sp...
- Comparison of the accuracy of matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry with that of other commercial identification systems for identifying Staphylococcus saprophyticus in urineTai Fen Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Microbiol 51:1563-6. 2013Among 30 urinary isolates of Staphylococcus saprophyticus identified by sequencing methods, the rate of accurate identification was 100% for Bruker Biotyper matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry (..
- Growth and colour development of some surface ripening bacteria with Debaryomyces hansenii on aseptic cheese curdJerome Mounier
Dairy Products Research Centre, Teagasc, Fermoy, Ireland
J Dairy Res 73:441-8. 2006..aurantiacum, Corynebacterium casei, Corynebacterium variabile, Microbacterium gubbeenense and Staphylococcus saprophyticus in mixed cultures with Debaryomyces hansenii on aseptic model cheese curd at 10 and 14 degrees C was ..
- [Cloning and expression of organic solvent tolerant lipase gene from Staphylococcus saprophyticus M36]Yanchong Tang
Enzyme Engineering Laboratory, College of Food Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 25:1989-95. 2009..In this work, we first found out an organic solvent-tolerant lipase from Staphylococcus saprophyticus M36 and amplified the 741 bp Lipase gene lip3 (GenBank Accession No...
- Polymerase chain reaction detection of enterotoxins genes in coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from Brazilian Minas cheeseVera Lucia Mores Rall
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Biosciences, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:1121-3. 2010..CNS were found in 65 (72.2%) samples of cheese: 23 were Staphylococcus saprophyticus, 16 Staphylococcus warneri, 10 Staphylococcus epidermidis, 9 Staphylococcus xylosus, 3 Staphylococcus ..
- Metabolism of azo dyes by human skin microbiotaRobin L Stingley
Office of Scientific Coordination, National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079 9502, USA
J Med Microbiol 59:108-14. 2010..epidermidis, Staphylococcus cohnii and Staphylococcus saprophyticus, have hypothetical genes with 77, 76, 75 and 74 % sequence identity to azo1 encoding an azoreductase ..
- Biodiversity of indigenous staphylococci of naturally fermented dry sausages and manufacturing environments of small-scale processing unitsSabine Leroy
INRA, UR 454 Microbiologie, F 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, France
Food Microbiol 27:294-301. 2010..The three prevalent species were Staphylococcus equorum (58.4%), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (15.7%) and Staphylococcus xylosus (9.3%). S...
- Molecular properties of the erythromycin resistance plasmid pPV141 from Staphylococcus chromogenesG A Somkuti
U S Department of Agriculture, Eastern Regional Research Center, Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania 19038, USA
Plasmid 37:119-27. 1997..Based on sequence analysis, pPV141 was classified as a unique member of the pSN2 family of EmR plasmids...
- Characterization of a staphylococcal plasmid related to pUB110 and carrying two novel genes, vatC and vgbB, encoding resistance to streptogramins A and B and similar antibioticsJ Allignet
National Reference Center for Staphylococci, Unité des Staphylocoques, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:1794-8. 1998..The antibiotic resistance genes repB and pre(mob) carried by each of these plasmids were found in the same transcriptional orientation...
- [Clinical aspects and epidemiology of uncomplicated cystitis in women. German results of the ARESC Study]F M E Wagenlehner
Klinik und Poliklinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg Standort Giessen
Urologe A 49:253-61. 2010..The German results of the international ARESC Study are reported concerning clinical aspects, epidemiology, and antimicrobial susceptibility of uropathogens...
- SdrI of Staphylococcus saprophyticus is a multifunctional protein: localization of the fibronectin-binding siteTürkan Sakinc
Institut für Hygiene und Mikrobiologie, Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 301:28-34. 2009b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus, an important cause of urinary tract infections in young women, expresses the surface protein SdrI, a member of the serine-aspartate repeat (SD) protein family...
- Monitoring and identification of bacteria associated with safety concerns in the manufacture of São Jorge, a Portuguese traditional cheese from raw cow's milkJ Marcelino Kongo
Escola Superior de Biotecnologia, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, Rua Dr Antonio Bernardino de Almeida, P 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
J Food Prot 71:986-92. 2008..Species identified within this family encompassed Staphylococcus sciuri, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus saprophyticus (which was found mainly in ripened cheeses), and Staphylococcus aureus (which was not detected in 4-..
- Antibacterial activity of oregano (Origanum vulgare Linn.) against gram positive bacteriaSabahat Saeed
Department of Microbiology, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 22:421-4. 2009..Infusion and essential oil exhibited antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus saprophyticus, S. aureus, Micrococcus roseus, M. kristinae, M. nishinomiyaensis, M. lylae, M. luteus, M...
- Ofloxacin. A reappraisal of its use in the management of genitourinary tract infectionsS V Onrust
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 56:895-928. 1998..It has good in vitro activity against most Enterobacteriaceae, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, methicillin-susceptible S...
- Genotypic and phenotypic variation among Staphylococcus saprophyticus from human and animal isolatesBritta Kleine
Institut für Hygiene und Mikrobiologie, Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
BMC Res Notes 3:163. 2010The main aim of this study was to examine the genotypic and phenotypic diversity of Staphylococcus saprophyticus isolates from human and animal origin.
- [Studies on coagulase negative Staphylococci isolated from urine]A Uesugi
Clinical Laboratory, Juntendo University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:180-6. 1996..frequency of CNS (321 strains) from 1989 to 1994 were as follows; Staphylococcus epidermidis 36%, Staphylococcus saprophyticus 26%, Staphylococcus haemolyticus 22%, Staphylococus caprae 8%, and other CNS 8%. S...
- Activity of telavancin and comparator antimicrobial agents tested against Staphylococcus spp. isolated from hospitalised patients in Europe (2007-2008)Rodrigo E Mendes
JMI Laboratories, 345 Beaver Kreek Centre, Suite A, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 36:374-9. 2010..12 mg/L) compared with Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Staphylococcus warneri (MIC(50)=0.25mg/L)...
- Urinary pathogens and drug susceptibility patterns of urinary tract infections among antenatal clinic attendees in Ibadan, NigeriaAderemi Kehinde
Departments of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology Chemical Pathology Obstetrics and Gynaecology Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 38:280-4. 2012..To determine the bacterial agents involved in urinary tract infections in pregnant women and their antibiotic susceptibility patterns in Ibadan, Nigeria...
- Bacteria of human physiological microflora liberate immunomodulating peptidesG Pulverer
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University of Cologne, FRG
Zentralbl Bakteriol 272:467-76. 1990Human isolates of Propionibacterium acnes and Staphylococcus saprophyticus could be shown to liberate low molecular weight peptides (MW less than 6.500 D) with immunomodulating activity...
- CNS species and antimicrobial resistance in clinical and subclinical bovine mastitisK Persson Waller
Department of Animal Health and Antimicrobial Strategies, National Veterinary Institute, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Microbiol 152:112-6. 2011..more prevalent in subclinical than in clinical mastitis, and a similar trend was observed for Staphylococcus saprophyticus, while Staphylococcus hyicus was significantly more common in clinical mastitis...
- Unusual clinical course in pediatric Tolosa-Hunt syndromeChia Hao Kang
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Pediatr Neurol 44:471-4. 2011..A further lumbar puncture disclosed central nervous system infection with Staphylococcus saprophyticus. After 6 weeks of vancomycin, the headache resolved completely, and neuroimaging produced normal ..
- Replication properties of pIM13, a naturally occurring plasmid found in Bacillus subtilis, and of its close relative pE5, a plasmid native to Staphylococcus aureusS J Projan
Department of Plasmid Biology, Public Health Research Institute, New York, New York 10016
J Bacteriol 169:5131-9. 1987..It is concluded that pIM13 and pE5 are coancestral plasmids and it is probable that pIM13 arose from pE5...
- L-Proline nutrition and catabolism in Staphylococcus saprophyticusCharles E Deutch
Division of Mathematical and Natural Sciences, MC 2352, Arizona State University at the West Campus, P O Box 37100, Phoenix, AZ 85069 7100, USA
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 99:781-93. 2011b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus strains ATCC 15305, ATCC 35552, and ATCC 49907 were found to require L-proline but not L-arginine for growth in a defined culture medium...
- Molecular basis of resistance to macrolides, lincosamides and streptogramins in Staphylococcus saprophyticus clinical isolatesAnne Le Bouter
Service de Microbiologie, CHU Cote de Nacre, and Équipe EA 2128 Interactions Hôtes et Microorganismes des Épithéliums, Faculté de Médecine de Caen, Université Caen Basse Normandie, Caen, France
Int J Antimicrob Agents 37:118-23. 2011..MLS) antibiotics as well as to assess the molecular basis of this resistance amongst 72 Staphylococcus saprophyticus urinary isolates collected from 2005 to 2009 in University Hospital of Caen (France)...
- Deoxyribonucleic acid relatedness amongst Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus strainsJ Zakrzewska Czerwinska
Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences,
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 269:179-87. 1988..epidermidis using recommended diagnostic procedures were found to belong to other taxa, notably S. simulans and S. warneri. The moles percent guanine plus cytosine content of the DNA of the test strains was within the range 27 to 34...
- Multicenter in vitro comparative study of fluoroquinolones against 25,129 gram-positive and gram-negative clinical isolatesB L Prosser
Department of Antibacterial Support, Hoffmann La Roche, Nutley, NJ 07110, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 21:33-45. 1995..b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus strains were less susceptible to fleroxacin (42%) than to the other compounds (79%-97%)...
- Threonine is present instead of cysteine at the active site of urease from Staphylococcus xylosusJ Jose
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat des Saarlandes, Saarbrucken, Germany
Arch Microbiol 161:384-92. 1994..Sequence analysis of the respective region of Staphylococcus saprophyticus urease showed that it also contains threonine instead of cysteine. In contrast to jack bean urease S...
- Tandem duplication in ermC translational attenuator of the macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin B resistance plasmid pSES6 from Staphylococcus equorumG Lodder
Institut für Kleintierforschung Celle Merbitz, Bundesforschungsanstalt für Landwirtschaft Braunschweig Völkenrode, Celle, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 40:215-7. 1996..It was postulated that this sequence duplication affects the possible RNA conformations so that the ribosome binding site for ErmC synthesis is readily accessible to the ribosomes and thus constitutive expression of the ermC gene occurs...
- [Detection of mecA gene in oxacillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from the saliva of nursing professionals]Juliana de Oliveira Rosa
Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 42:398-403. 2009..coagulase-negative staphylococci were selected: 41 were identified as Staphylococcus epidermidis, 25 as Staphylococcus saprophyticus, 18 as Staphylococcus haemolyticus, eight as Staphylococcus cohnii, four as Staphylococcus lugdunenses, ..
- Isolation and identification of dibutyl phthalate-degrading bacteria from hydrospheres in TokyoGo Ogawa
Laboratory of Marine Biochemistry, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Tokyo, Japan
J Gen Appl Microbiol 55:261-5. 2009..and were identified as several species of Acinetobacter, as well as Tsukamurella tyrosinosolvens, Ochrobactrum anthropi, and Staphylococcus saprophyticus. Commercially available strains of Acinetobacter were also found to degrade DBP.
- A comparison of skin storage methods for oculoplastic surgeryL Baldeschi
Neuroscience Department, Pisa University, Italy
Eye (Lond) 12:714-6. 1998..To assess the level of contamination of full-thickness skin grafts stored with or without an antibiotic cover...
- Antibacterial effects of chitosan powder: mechanisms of actionY Andres
Ecole des Mines de Nantes, GEPEA, UMR 6144, 4 rue Alfred Kastler, BP 20722, 44307 Nantes cedex 03 France
Environ Technol 28:1357-63. 2007..rate for various bacterial strains, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterococcus faecalis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus. An explanation of the antibacterial mechanisms is proposed involving the cell wall disruption due to ..
- Antibacterial activity of extract, fractions and four compounds extracted from Piper solmsianum C. DC. VAR. solmsianum (Piperaceae)Marina P Campos
Programa de Mestrado em Ciências Farmacêuticas CCS and Núcleo de Investigações Químico Farmacêuticas NIQFAR, Universidade do Vale do Itajai UNIVALI, Rua Uruguai 458, 88302 202 Itajaí, SC, Brazil
Z Naturforsch C 62:173-8. 2007..activity, particularly against the Gram-positive bacteria (Bacillus cereus, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Streptococcus agalactiae)...
- Susceptibility of Staphylococcus species and subspecies to fleroxacinT L Bannerman
Department of Microbiology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 7614
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 35:2135-9. 1991..Reference strains of the novobiocin-resistant species (Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus cohnii, Staphylococcus xylosus, Staphylococcus arlettae, and Staphylococcus gallinarum) ..
- [Sensitivity to various antibiotics of coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from samples of milk from Dutch dairy cattle]O C Sampimon
GD B V, Postbus 9 AA Deventer
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 132:200-4. 2007..the level of resistance varied between species, from 0% for Staphylococcus simulans to 100% for Staphylococcus saprophyticus. Because coagulase-negative staphylococci are resistant to several antibiotics, sensitivity testing is ..
- Staphylococcus sciuri gene erm(33), encoding inducible resistance to macrolides, lincosamides, and streptogramin B antibiotics, is a product of recombination between erm(C) and erm(A)Stefan Schwarz
Institut für Tierzucht, Bundesforschungsanstalt für Landwirtschaft FAL, 31535 Neustadt Mariensee, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3621-3. 2002..Analysis of the erm(33) reading frame suggested that this gene was the product of a recombination between an erm(C) gene and an erm(A) gene. Such a recombination event is a novel observation for erm genes...
- Molecular epidemiology of Staphylococcus saprophyticus isolated from women with uncomplicated community-acquired urinary tract infectionMicael Widerström
Department of Infectious Diseases, Ostersund Hospital, SE 831 83 Ostersund, Sweden
J Clin Microbiol 45:1561-4. 2007b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus is a common cause of urinary tract infections (UTIs) in women. Little is known about the molecular epidemiology of S. saprophyticus UTIs. In the current study, we compared 76 isolates of S...
- Synthesis and antibacterial activity of fused Mannich ketonesTamas Lorand
Department of Human Biochemistry and Medical Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University Pecs, Szigeti ut 12, H 7624 Pecs, Hungary
Eur J Med Chem 37:803-12. 2002..coli ReD31m4, Salmonella minnesota Re595, Shigella sonnei Re4350, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Micrococcus luteus and Bacillus subtilis standard strains...
- [Using antibiotics in urinary tract infection in a first level of attention health care unit in Bogotá, Colombia]Olga A Murillo-Rojas
Universidad Nacional de Colombia UNISALUD
Rev Salud Publica (Bogota) 8:170-81. 2006..Describing using antibiotics for urinary tract infection in a first level of attention health care unit...
- BACTERIAL INTERACTIONS WITH THE BLADDER MUCOSAMatthew Mulvey; Fiscal Year: 2002..family, including Klebsiella species and Proteus mitabilis, and Gram-positive organisms, including Staphylococcus saprophyticus and opportunistic enterococci species, are also associated with UTIs...