Genomes and Genes
Alias: "Staphylococcus saprophyticus" Fairbrother 1940, Staphylococcus saprophyticus (Fairbrother 1940) Shaw et al. 1951
Publications184 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular detection of enterotoxins E, G, H and I in Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from clinical samples of newborns in BrazilN G Vasconcelos
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Biosciences, UNESP Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Appl Microbiol 111:749-62. 2011..The objective of this study was to investigate the detection of SEE, SEG, SEH and SEI in strains of Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS) using RT-PCR...
- An international survey of the antimicrobial susceptibility of pathogens from uncomplicated urinary tract infections: the ECO.SENS ProjectG Kahlmeter
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Central Hospital, SE 351 85 Växjö, Sweden
J Antimicrob Chemother 51:69-76. 2003..9%, co-amoxiclav 21.3% and cefadroxil 24.6%), nitrofurantoin (40.2%) and fosfomycin (15.6%). In Staphylococcus saprophyticus resistance development was rare...
- Prevalence and persistence of coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species in three dairy research herdsB E Gillespie
Department of Animal Science, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Vet Microbiol 134:65-72. 2009..10%), Staphylococcus simulans (7%), Staphylococcus warneri (2%), Staphylococcus hominis (2%), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (1%), Staphylococcus xylosus (1%), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (<1%), Staphylococcus sciuri (<1%),..
- Evolution of slime production by coagulase-negative staphylococci and enterotoxigenic characteristics of Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from various human clinical specimensBanur Boynukara
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Yuzuncu Yil, 65080 Van, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 56:1296-300. 2007..7 %) as Staphylococcus simulans, Staphylococcus capitis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus, respectively. Thirty-nine (60 %) of 65 CoNS were found to be slime producers...
- Role of different classes of mammalian cell surface molecules in adherence of coagulase positive and coagulase negative staphylococciMohamed M Hafez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
J Basic Microbiol 48:353-62. 2008..Staphylococcus aureus and some coagulase negative staphylococci, namely Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus was investigated. Upon testing the adherence to Vero and Hep-2 cells, S...
- [Bacteriological finding in the urethra in men with and without non-gonococcal urethritis]Jelica Tiodorović
Klinicki centar, Klinika za kozne i polne bolesti, Nis, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 64:833-6. 2007..The etiology of the disease is complex and not completely solved. The aim of this study was to determine the bacteriological finding in the urethra in men with and without non-gonococcal urethritis...
- Susceptibility patterns of coagulase-negative staphylococci to several newer antimicrobial agents in comparison with vancomycin and oxacillinJ Ian Stuart
Department of Microbiology, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Int J Antimicrob Agents 37:248-52. 2011..Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus schleiferi and Staphylococcus simulans were the most daptomycin-susceptible CoNS ..
- Stability of the biodiversity of the surface consortia of Gubbeen, a red-smear cheeseM C Rea
Moorepark Food Research Centre, Teagasc, Fermoy, Ireland
J Dairy Sci 90:2200-10. 2007..The bacteria included at least 17 species, of which the most common were Staphylococcus saprophyticus (316 isolates), Corynebacterium casei (248 isolates), Brevibacterium aurantiacum (187 isolates), ..
- Growth characteristics of Brevibacterium, Corynebacterium, Microbacterium, and Staphylococcus spp. isolated from surface-ripened cheeseJerome Mounier
Moorepark Food Research Centre, Teagasc, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co Cork, Ireland
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:7732-9. 2007..casei DPC 5298(T), Corynebacterium variabile DPC 5310, Microbacterium gubbeenense DPC 5286(T), and Staphylococcus saprophyticus 4E61, all of which were isolated from the surface of smear cheese, were studied in complex and ..
- Antibacterial properties of human amnion and chorion in vitroN Kjaergaard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aalborg Hospital, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 94:224-9. 2001..of the following species or bacterial groups: Hemolytic streptococcus group A, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Enterococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter calcoaceticus and ..
- Surveillance study in Europe and Brazil on clinical aspects and Antimicrobial Resistance Epidemiology in Females with Cystitis (ARESC): implications for empiric therapyKurt G Naber
Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Eur Urol 54:1164-75. 2008..Uncomplicated cystitis in females is among the most frequent infections in community...
- Comparative evaluation of two commercial chromogenic media for detection and presumptive identification of urinary tract pathogensC Scarparo
Laboratory of Clinical Microbiology and Virology, S Bortolo Hospital, Viale Rodolfi 37, 36100 Vicenza, Italy
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:283-9. 2002..were correctly identified and were easily distinguished from the Streptococcus agalactiae isolates. Staphylococcus saprophyticus isolates were easy to identify only on the CHROMagar Orientation medium...
- [Profile and sensitivity to antibiotics of 2063 uropathogenic bacteria isolated in the center of Tunisia]J Boukadida
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, CHU Farhat Hached, 4002 Sousse, Tunisie
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 95:8-10. 2002..with 92% of the whole bacterium and Escherichia coli represented 67% of the whole of the germs; Staphylococcus saprophyticus with 4.8% and Streptococcus agalactiae with 1% dominated Gram positive bacteria...
- Causative agents and antimicrobial susceptibilities of urinary tract infections in the northwest of IranSafar Farajnia
Drug Applied Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Int J Infect Dis 13:140-4. 2009..The empirical therapy of urinary tract infections (UTI) relies on the predictability of the agents causing UTI and knowledge of their antimicrobial susceptibility patterns...
- [Antimicrobial susceptibility of coagulase negative staphylococci isolated from urine]A Uesugi
Clinical Laboratory, Juntendo University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:187-97. 1996..were tested; Staphylococcus epidermidis (59 strains), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (42 strains), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (30 strains)...
- Epidemiology and clinical characteristics of patients with Staphylococcus saprophyticus bacteriuria in IsraelR Colodner
Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, Ha Emek Medical Center, Afula 18101, Israel
Infection 34:278-81. 2006b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus is a leading cause of lower urinary tract infections (UTI) in young women in the USA, Canada and Scandinavian countries, but seems to be very rare in other countries like Israel...
- Composition, antimicrobial activity and cytotoxicity of essential oils from Aristolochia mollissimaJian Qing Yu
College of Pharmacy, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, People s Republic of China Renmin Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, People s Republic of China
Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 23:162-7. 2007..The rhizome oil showed the strongest bactericidal activity against Staphylococcus saprophyticus, whereas the oil from the aerial part of A...
- Molecular characterization of femA from Staphylococcus hominis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus, and femA-based discrimination of staphylococcal speciesP Vannuffel
Laboratory of Applied Molecular Technology, Brussels, Belgium
Res Microbiol 150:129-41. 1999....
- [Community-acquired urinary tract infections in 15 to 65 years old female patients in France. Susceptibility of E. coli according to history: AFORCOPI-BIO network 2003]D De Mouy
LABM Claude Bernard, 39, rue Claude Bernard 75005 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 37:594-8. 2007..A multicenter study was implemented in order to determine the distribution and antibiotic susceptibility patterns of strains isolated from 15 to 65 year old female patients with community-acquired urinary tract infections...
- Pattern of aerobic bacteria with antimicrobial susceptibility causing community acquired urinary tract infectionU S Parvin
Department of Microbiology, Mymensingh Medical College MMC, Mymensingh, Bangladesh
Mymensingh Med J 18:148-53. 2009..The isolated microorganisms were Escherichia coli (73%) followed by Staphylococcus saprophyticus (11.1%), Klebsiella spp (6.7%), Enterobacter spp (4.4%), Pseudomonas aeruginosa (2...
- [Antimicrobial activity of cefteram comparison with other oral antibiotics]K Deguchi
Research Department, Tokyo Clinical Research Center
Jpn J Antibiot 42:1216-32. 1989..pneumoniae, S. pyogenes, Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Staphylococcus aureus. 3...
- Current issues in the management of urinary tract infections: extended-release ciprofloxacin as a novel treatment optionJoseph M Blondeau
Royal University Hospital, University of Saskatchewan, 103 Hospital Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 0W8, Canada
Drugs 64:611-28. 2004..are caused by the Gram-negative bacillus Escherichia coli, with other pathogens including enterococci, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Klebsiella spp. and Proteus mirabilis...
- Characterisation of a cell wall-anchored protein of Staphylococcus saprophyticus associated with linoleic acid resistanceNathan P King
Australian Infectious Diseases Research Centre, School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
BMC Microbiol 12:8. 2012The Gram-positive bacterium Staphylococcus saprophyticus is the second most frequent causative agent of community-acquired urinary tract infections (UTI), accounting for up to 20% of cases...
- Effects of cranberry extracts on growth and biofilm production of Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus speciesKerry L LaPlante
Departments of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI, USA
Phytother Res 26:1371-4. 2012..aureus (MRSA), Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Escherichia coli...
- Concentrations in plasma, urinary excretion, and bactericidal activity of linezolid (600 milligrams) versus those of ciprofloxacin (500 milligrams) in healthy volunteers receiving a single oral doseFlorian M E Wagenlehner
Department of Urology, St Elisabeth Hospital, Straubing, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3789-94. 2003..mg/liter, respectively; Staphylococcus aureus (methicillin resistant), 2 and 64 mg/liter, respectively; Staphylococcus saprophyticus (methicillin susceptible), 1 and 0...
- Efficacy of an anaerobic swab transport system to maintain aerobic and anaerobic microorganism viability after storage at -80 degrees CJeffrey M B Musser
Schubot Exotic Bird Health Center and Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4467, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 23:95-9. 2011..enterica serovar Typhimurium, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, and Lactobacillus casei)...
- Complex microbiota of a Chinese "Fen" liquor fermentation starter (Fen-Daqu), revealed by culture-dependent and culture-independent methodsXiao wei Zheng
Laboratory of Food Microbiology, Wageningen University, P O Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen, The Netherlands
Food Microbiol 31:293-300. 2012..However, Weissella cibaria, Weissella confusa, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Lactobacillus sanfranciscensis, Lactobacillus lactis, and Bacillus megaterium ..
- Antibiotic resistance in pathogens causing community-acquired urinary tract infections in India: a multicenter studyAtul Kothari
Department of Microbiology, Max Heart and Vascular Institute, Saket, India
J Infect Dev Ctries 2:354-8. 2008..This study was conducted to determine patterns of resistance amongst CA-uropathogens in India, to help establish local guidelines on treatment of CA-UTI...
- [Clinical, epidemiologic and bacteriological characteristics of urinary tract infections due to Staphylococcus saprophyticus in the central part of Tunisia]Manel Marzouk
Laboratoire de Microbiologie Immunologie UR 02 SP13 CHU Farhat Hached Sousse 4000, Tunisie
Tunis Med 87:184-7. 2009..We assess the clinical, epidemiologic and bacteriological aspects of urinary tract infections due to S. saprophyticus through a sample collected in the central part of Tunisia...
- Cefdinir activity against contemporary North American isolates from community-acquired urinary tract infectionsHelio S Sader
The JONES Group JMI Laboratories, Inc, 345 Beaver Kreek Centre, Suite A, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 25:89-92. 2005..coli, Klebsiella spp. and Staphylococcus saprophyticus. The activity of cefdinir was most similar to that of cefpodoxime against E. coli and Klebsiella spp...
- [Studies on the growth and reproduction of bacterial communities on structural materials of the international space station]N M Rakova
Aviakosm Ekolog Med 39:44-6. 2005..in chemical composition was studied with the strains of Bacillus subtilis, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Pseudomonas putida etc. sampled from the ISS environment...
- Design and application of a Staphylococcus-specific single strand conformation polymorphism-PCR analysis to monitor Staphylococcus populations diversity and dynamics during production of raw milk cheeseC Delbes
Unité de Recherches Fromagères, INRA, Aurillac, France
Lett Appl Microbiol 41:169-74. 2005..Development of a nested-PCR single strand conformation polymorphism (SSCP) assay targeting the 16S rRNA genes of the Staphylococcus genus, to monitor staphylococci in cheese...
- [Staphylococcus saprophyticus isolated from urine culture in outpatients: epidemiology and antimicrobial susceptibility (Label Bio Elbeuf study - November 2007-July 2009)]R Fabre
Label Bio, 36, rue du Neubourg, 76500 Elbeuf, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 61:44-8. 2013The aim of the study was to determine the distribution and the antibiotic susceptibility of Staphylococcus saprophyticus patterns isolated from urine culture in outpatients (population: 57,000, Elbeuf, Normandie, France).
- Safety-related properties of staphylococci isolated from food and food environmentsM Marino
Department of Food Science, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
J Appl Microbiol 110:550-61. 2011..To test some safety-related properties within 321 staphylococci strains isolated from food and food environments...
- Evaluation of moxalactam with the BD phoenix system for detection of methicillin resistance in coagulase-negative staphylococciH Pupin
CHU de Bordeaux, Hopital Pellegrin, Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Clin Microbiol 45:2005-8. 2007..For strains other than Staphylococcus saprophyticus, a moxalactam MIC >16 microg/ml was indicative of methicillin resistance.
- Involvement of cell shape and flagella in the bacterial retention during percolation of contaminated water through soil columns in tropical regionMoise Nola
University of Yaounde, Cameroon
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 45:1297-306. 2010..straight rods, peritrichous flagella), Vibrio parahaemolyticus (rods bacteria, polar flagella), and Staphylococcus saprophyticus (spherical, free-flagellum)...
- The effects of oxidative stress in urinary tract infection during pregnancyPinar Ciragil
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University, Turkey
Mediators Inflamm 2005:309-11. 2005..of 77 pregnant women and the isolated microorganisms were Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Staphylococcus saprophyticus. CAT, SOD, and LPO levels were increased in pregnant women compared with nonpregnant women (P<.01)...
- Antibiotic resistance in outpatient urinary isolates: final results from the North American Urinary Tract Infection Collaborative Alliance (NAUTICA)George G Zhanel
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:380-8. 2005..2%), Enterobacter cloacae (1.9%), coagulase-negative staphylococci (1.3%), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (1.2%), Klebsiella spp. (1.2%), Enterobacter aerogenes (1.1%) and Streptococcus agalactiae (1.0%)...
- Increasing ciprofloxacin resistance among prevalent urinary tract bacterial isolates in the Gaza StripZ E Astal
Khan Younis Hospital Laboratory, Khan Younis, Gaza Strip, Palestinian Authority
Singapore Med J 46:457-60. 2005....
- Effect of opium smoking cessation on the nasopharyngeal microbial floraAli Golshiri
ENT Department, Moradi Hospital, Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences, Rafsanjan, Iran
Saudi Med J 31:25-8. 2010..To determine the effect of opium smoking cessation on the frequency and type of microorganisms in the nasopharynx of opium smokers...
- Characterization of an extremely halotolerant Staphylococcus arlettae HPSSN35C isolated from Dwarka Beach, IndiaSandhya G Nanjani
Department of Biotechnology, Pramukh Swami Science and H D Patel Arts College, Kadi, Gujarat, India
J Basic Microbiol 54:843-50. 2014..of 16S rRNA gene sequence comparison of 1452 base pairs showed that isolate is closely related to Staphylococcus saprophyticus group with close relationship to Staphylococcus arlettae (99% similarity). The halotolerant S...
- Cloning of aas, a gene encoding a Staphylococcus saprophyticus surface protein with adhesive and autolytic propertiesW Hell
Institut für Hygiene und Mikrobiologie, Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Germany
Mol Microbiol 29:871-81. 1998A gene encoding a novel cell wall-associated protein of Staphylococcus saprophyticus that binds fibronectin and to sheep erythrocytes has been cloned and sequenced...
- Genetic determinants of antimicrobial resistance in Gram positive bacteria from organic foodsMiguel Angel Fernández-Fuentes
Area de Microbiologia, Departamento de Ciencias de la Salud, Facultad de Ciencias Experimentales, Universidad de Jaen, 23071 Jaen, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 172:49-56. 2014..The only qac-genes detected were qacA/B (one Bacillus cereus isolate) and smr (one B. cereus and two Staphylococcus saprophyticus isolates)...
- Antibacterial activity of 2-alkynoic fatty acids against multidrug-resistant bacteriaDavid J Sanabria-Ríos
Faculty of Science and Technology, Inter American University of Puerto Rico, Metropolitan Campus, PO Box 191293, San Juan, PR 00919, United States Electronic address
Chem Phys Lipids 178:84-91. 2014..6 μg/mL), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (MIC=15.5 μg/mL), and Bacillus cereus (MIC=31...
- The role of lectins and lipoteichoic acid in adherence of Staphylococcus saprophyticusJ Beuth
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 268:357-61. 1988b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus strains S 1 and S 35 demonstrated lectin like surface receptors specific for N-acetylgalactosamine (S 1) or N-acetylneuraminic acid (S 35)...
- The staphylococcal transferrin-binding protein is a cell wall glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenaseB Modun
Institute of Infections and Immunity, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 67:1086-92. 1999..In contrast, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, which lacks a Tpn, has no cell wall-associated GAPDH activity...
- Characterization of the microbial community in different types of Daqu samples as revealed by 16S rRNA and 26S rRNA gene clone librariesXiao wei Zheng
College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing, 100083, People s Republic of China
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 31:199-208. 2015..e., northern Daqu and southern Daqu). Staphylococcus gallinarum and Staphylococcus saprophyticus were found in southern Daqu, and were absent in northern Daqu...
- Antimicrobial activity of Alstonia macrophylla: a folklore of bay islandsD Chattopadhyay
ICMR Virus Unit, Calcutta Infectious Diseases and Beliaghata General Hospital Campus, GB 4 1st Floor, Beliaghata Main Road, Calcutta 700010, India
J Ethnopharmacol 77:49-55. 2001..of the crude extract showed antimicrobial activity against various strains of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Streptococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton ..
- Update on new medicinal applications of gentamicin: evidence-based reviewChanghua Chen
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua, Taiwan Electronic address
J Formos Med Assoc 113:72-82. 2014..antibiotic and is used widely beyond its FDA-labeled indications as follows: actinomycotic infection; Staphylococcus saprophyticus bacteremia with pyelonephritis; appendicitis; cystic fibrosis; diverticulitis; adjunct regimen for ..
- Evaluation of seasonal chemical composition, antibacterial, antioxidant and anticholinesterase activity of essential oil from Eugenia brasiliensis LamDiogo Alexandre Siebert
a Departamento de Ciências Farmacêuticas, Universidade Regional de Blumenau, Rua São Paulo, 2171, CEP 89030 000, Blumenau, SC, Brazil
Nat Prod Res 29:289-92. 2015..activity, and the best result was obtained from the autumn oil, with MIC = 500 μg mL(- 1) against Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa...
- High Frequency of Staphylococcus Saprophyticus Urinary Tract Infections Among Female AdolescentsDenise Swei Lo
From the Department of Pediatrics, Hospital Universitário of University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pediatr Infect Dis J 34:1023-5. 2015b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus is a rarely reported agent of urinary tract infection (UTI) in the pediatric population. In our retrospective 3-year study, S. saprophyticus comprised 24...
- Pivmecillinam in the treatment of urinary tract infectionsL E Nicolle
Health Sciences Centre, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
J Antimicrob Chemother 46:35-9; discussion 63-5. 2000..These studies also documented that pivmecillinam was effective for treatment of Staphylococcus saprophyticus infections, was acceptable for use in pregnancy and was well tolerated...
- Expression and Significance of the HIP/PAP and RegIIIγ Antimicrobial Peptides during Mammalian Urinary Tract InfectionJohn David Spencer
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0144024. 2015..RegIIIγ protein does not demonstrate bactericidal activity toward UPEC in vitro, but does kill Staphylococcus saprophyticus in a dose-dependent manner...
- Antibiotic resistance of bacteria associated with community-acquired urinary tract infections in the southern area of the Gaza StripZ Astal
Khan Younis Hospital Laboratory, Gaza Palestinian Authority
J Chemother 14:259-64. 2002..9%), Enterobacter species (7.4%), Klebsiella species (6.6%), Pseudomonas species (5.8%), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (5.0%), Enterococcus species (3.3%), Acinetobacter species (2.5%), Citrobacter species (0...
- Addressing antibiotic resistanceKalpana Gupta
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195, USA
Am J Med 113:29S-34S. 2002..of organisms causing acute UTI is highly predictable (Escherichia coli accounts for 75% to 90% and Staphylococcus saprophyticus accounts for 5% to 15% of isolates), and the susceptibility patterns of these organisms have also been ..
- Detection of different fimbriae-like structures on the surface of Staphylococcus saprophyticusH Schmidt
Institute of Med Microbiology, Wilhelm Pieck University of Rostock, GDR
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 268:228-37. 1988In relation to the ability of adhesiveness to HEp-2-cells the sizes of capsules on three strains of Staphylococcus saprophyticus were examined using an electron microscopic India ink technique...
- Application of different molecular techniques for characterization of catalase-positive cocci isolated from sucukZulal Kesmen
Faculty of Engineering, Food Engineering Dept, Erciyes Univ, 38039, Kayseri, Turkey Faculty of Engineering, Food Engineering Dept, Bingol Univ, Bingol, Turkey
J Food Sci 79:M222-9. 2014..and 16S rDNA sequencing showed that the dominant GCC species isolated from the sucuk samples was Staphylococcus saprophyticus followed by Staphylococcus succinus and Staphylococcus equorum belonging to the Staphylococcus genus...
- Urinary excretion and bactericidal activities of a single oral dose of 400 milligrams of fleroxacin versus a single oral dose of 800 milligrams of pefloxacin in healthy volunteersK G Naber
Department of Urology, St Elisabeth Hospital, Straubing, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:1659-65. 1998..The same is true for Enterococcus faecalis. Against Staphylococcus saprophyticus, UBTs were present for at least 48 h with both quinolones...
- Rapid differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and other coagulase-negative staphylococci and meticillin susceptibility testing directly from growth-positive blood cultures by multiplex real-time PCRLeanne Jukes
Public Health Wales Microbiology ABM Swansea, Singleton Hospital, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board, Swansea, UK
J Med Microbiol 59:1456-61. 2010..aureus]; 30 S. epidermidis (56.6% of the CoNS), 8 Staphylococcus capitis (15.1%), 3 Staphylococcus saprophyticus (5.7%), 4 Staphylococcus hominis (7.5%), 3 Staphylococcus haemolyticus (5...
- Detection of methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci by the Vitek 2 systemKristen N Johnson
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Microbiol 52:3196-9. 2014..The test performances were species dependent, with the greatest errors found for Staphylococcus saprophyticus. While the 2014 CLSI guidelines recommend reporting isolates that test resistant by the oxacillin MIC ..
- Flow cytometry analysis using sysmex UF-1000i classifies uropathogens based on bacterial, leukocyte, and erythrocyte counts in urine specimens among patients with urinary tract infectionsTor Monsen
Department of Medical Microbiology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Clin Microbiol 53:539-45. 2015..vulgaris, P. aeruginosa, and group C streptococci, as well as for Staphylococcus saprophyticus. In essence, FCA adds new information about the bacterial, leukocyte, and erythrocyte counts in urine ..
- [Antibiotic resistance and biofilm formation in Staphylococcus saprophyticus strains isolated from urine]L Cernohorská
Mikrobiologický ustav LF MU a FN u sv Anny v Brne
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 59:88-91. 2010Eighty-seven Staphylococcus saprophyticus strains isolated from urine of 87 patients with cystitis were examined in 2005-2009...
- The Staphylococcus qacH gene product: a new member of the SMR family encoding multidrug resistanceE Heir
MATFORSK, Norwegian Food Research Institute, As, Norway
FEMS Microbiol Lett 163:49-56. 1998..The Staphylococcus saprophyticus strain ST2H6 isolated from a poultry processing plant contained a 2...
- Intrinsic novobiocin resistance in Staphylococcus saprophyticusAnna A Vickers
Antimicrobial Research Centre and Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:4484-5. 2007Intrinsic novobiocin resistance in Staphylococcus saprophyticus was associated with expression of a novobiocin-resistant form of the drug target protein (GyrB)...
- Coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) isolated from ready-to-eat food of animal origin--phenotypic and genotypic antibiotic resistanceWioleta Chajęcka-Wierzchowska
Chair of Industrial and Food Microbiology, Department of Food and Industrial Microbiology, Faculty of Food Science, University of Warmia and Mazury, Plac Cieszynski 1, 10 726 Olsztyn, Poland Electronic address
Food Microbiol 46:222-6. 2015..as Staphylococcus xylosus (n = 29), Staphylococcus epidermidis (n = 16); Staphylococcus lentus (n = 7); Staphylococcus saprophyticus (n = 4); Staphylococcus hyicus (n = 1) and Staphylococcus simulans (n = 1) by phenotypic and genotypic ..
- Antibiotic resistance in coagulase negative staphylococci isolated from wastewater and drinking waterCátia Faria
CBQF, Escola Superior de Biotecnologia, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
Sci Total Environ 407:3876-82. 2009..Staphylococcus pasteuri and Staphylococcus epidermidis prevailed in the WTP and WDN and Staphylococcus saprophyticus in the WWTP...
- Staphylococcus saprophyticus native valve endocarditis in a diabetic patient with neurogenic bladder: A case reportHiroki Magarifuchi
Division of Infectious Disease and Hospital Epidemiology, Saga University Hospital, Saga, Japan Electronic address
J Infect Chemother 21:695-9. 2015..by multiple sets of blood culture, whereby gram-positive cocci was retrieved and identified as Staphylococcus saprophyticus (S. saprophyticus) both phenotypically and genetically...
- Dry hot air: is it a reliable method of disinfection for urological endoscopes? Preliminary studyMohammad S Abdel-Kader
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Urology, South Valley University, Qena, Egypt
Urology 74:672-4. 2009..To evaluate dry hot air effect as a reliable method of disinfection of urological endoscopes...
- In vitro studies of fleroxacin (Ro 23-6240), a new trifluorinated quinolone derivativeA Digranes
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Gade Institute, Haukeland Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Chemotherapy 34:401-10. 1988..against Staphylococcus aureus, but fleroxacin was less active against Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus than were the other derivatives...
- The treatment of staphylococcus peritonitis in patients on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysisJ Drinovec
Department of Nephrology, University Medical Center, Ljublijana, Yugoslavia
Chemioterapia 7:46-8. 1988..During 258 months of the CAPD treatment they had 54 episodes of peritonitis. Staphylococcus saprophyticus was the most frequent offender of peritonitis, isolated from peritoneal effluent in 44% of the cases, ..
- Septic arthritis of the temporomandibular joint: a retrospective review of 40 casesXie Yi Cai
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Stomatology, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:731-8. 2010..The aim of the present study was to review the cases treated at our clinic, analyze the characteristics of this disease and the responses to management, and recommend a protocol for managing suspected cases...
- Simple sequence repeats in different genome sequences of Shigella and comparison with high GC and AT-rich genomesAshraf Hosseini
Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, University of Pune, Pune, India
DNA Seq 19:167-76. 2008..and 2457T, Shigella sonnei, Escherichia coli k12, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Mycobacterium leprae and Staphylococcus saprophyticus) have downloaded from the GenBank database for identifying abundance, distribution and composition of ..
- A retrospective analysis of isolates from patients with vaginitis in a private Greek obstetric/gynecological hospital (2003-2006)Christos Iavazzo
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences AIBS, Athens, Greece
Med Sci Monit 14:CR228-31. 2008..This study was conducted to describe microbial etiology in a population of symptomatic women with vaginitis in Greece...
- [Gemifloxacin for the treatment of uncomplicated urinary infections (acute cystitis)]Joseph M Blondeau
Departamento de Microbiologia Clinica, Hospital de la Royal Univesity y Saskatoon Health Region, Saskatchewan, Canada
Ginecol Obstet Mex 77:573-82. 2009..Commonly these infections are caused by Escherichia coil or Staphylococcus saprophyticus. Escherichia coil is resistant to several empirical antibiotics: amoxicilin, trimetoprima-..
- Evaluation of matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time-of-flight mass spectrometry in comparison to rpoB gene sequencing for species identification of bloodstream infection staphylococcal isolatesT Spanu
Istituto di Microbiologia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:44-9. 2011..urealyticus, Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus and subsp. hominis, Staphylococcus saprophyticus subsp. saprophyticus, Staphylococcus schleiferi subsp. schleiferi and Staphylococcus sciuri subsp...
- The N-terminal repeat and the ligand binding domain A of SdrI protein is involved in hydrophobicity of S. saprophyticusBritta Kleine
Institut für Hygiene und Mikrobiologie, Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, D 44780 Bochum, Germany Electronic address
Microbiol Res 172:88-94. 2015b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus is an important cause of urinary tract infection, and its cell surface hydrophobicity may contribute to virulence by facilitating adherence of the organism to uroepithelia. S...
- Differentiation of Staphylococcus spp. by high-resolution melting analysisMichal Slany
Centre for Cardiovascular Surgery and Transplantations, Pekarska 53, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
Can J Microbiol 56:1040-9. 2010..epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus sciuri, Staphylococcus simulans, Staphylococcus warneri, and Staphylococcus xylosus) ..
- Staphylococcus succinus sp. nov., isolated from Dominican amberL H Lambert
XOMA Corporation, Berkeley, CA 94710, USA
Int J Syst Bacteriol 48:511-8. 1998..xylosus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus and other novobiocin-resistant staphylococci...
- Bacterial ecology of PDO Coppa and Pancetta Piacentina at the end of ripening and after MAP storage of sliced productMatteo Busconi
Institute of Agronomy, Genetics and Field Crops, Università Cattolica S C, Via Emilia Parmense 84, 29122 Piacenza, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 172:13-20. 2014..two groups appeared to be linked to the kind of product: Leuconostoc, Lactobacillus versmoldensis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus were found only in Pancetta while Lactobacillus pentosus, Staphylococcus equorum, Staphylococcus ..
- Diversity of Staphylococcus species and prevalence of enterotoxin genes isolated from milk of healthy cows and cows with subclinical mastitisV L M Rall
Department of Microbiology and Immunology Electronic address
J Dairy Sci 97:829-37. 2014..The presence of Staphylococcus saprophyticus was also significantly different between these 2 groups, but this organism was more prevalent in ..
- Antibiotic resistance of bacterial strains isolated from patients with community-acquired urinary tract infections: an exploratory study in PalestineA S Abu-Taha
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, An Najah National University, Nablus, Palestine
Curr Clin Pharmacol 6:304-7. 2011..The objectives of this study were to determine the (1) type and frequency of isolated bacteria and (2) their resistance to commonly used antibiotics...
- Chemical composition and antibacterial activity of a hexane extract of Tunisian caprifig latex from the unripe fruit of Ficus caricaHouda Lazreg-Aref
Laboratoire de Genetique, Biodiversite et Valorisation des Bio Ressources UR 03ES09, Institut Superieur de Biotechnologie, Monastir, Tunisie
Pharm Biol 50:407-12. 2012..The common Jrani Tunisian caprifig Ficus carica L. (Moraceae) is one of the large number of plant species that are used in folklore medicine yet to be investigated for the treatment of many diseases, including those of infectious nature...
- Comparative study of antimicrobial activity and phytochemical analysis of methanolic and aqueous extracts of the fruit of Emblica officinalis against pathogenic bacteriaAvneesh Kumar
Institute of Applied Medicines and Research, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
J Tradit Chin Med 31:246-50. 2011..of Emblica officinalis (amla) against seven pathogenic bacteria namely Staphylococcs aureus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Escherichia coli, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus cloacae, Proteus vulgaris and Klebsiella ..
- The autolytic activity of the recombinant amidase of Staphylococcus saprophyticus is inhibited by its own recombinant GW repeatsWolfgang Hell
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, D 44780, Bochum, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 227:47-51. 2003The Aas (autolysin/adhesin of Staphylococcus saprophyticus) is a multifunctional surface protein containing two enzymatic domains an N-acetyl-muramyl-L-alanine amidase, an endo-beta-N-acetyl-D-glucosaminidase, and two different regions of ..
- A survey of antibiotic resistance in Micrococcaceae isolated from Italian dry fermented sausagesFausto Gardini
Dipartimento di Protezione e Valorizzazione Agroalimentare, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Via Fanin 46, 40127 Bologna, Italy
J Food Prot 66:937-45. 2003..The species most frequently isolated was Staphylococcus xylosus, followed by Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Staphylococcus aureus...
- Risk factors for recurrent cystitis following acute cystitis in female patientsByung Il Yoon
Department of Urology, Yeouido St Mary Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea College of Medicine, 62 Yeouido dong, Yeongdeungpo gu, Seoul, 150 713, Korea
J Infect Chemother 19:727-31. 2013..05). In groups B and C, Escherichia coli was the most common uropathogen, followed by Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Enterococcus species, and Klebsiella species...
- Oxacillin resistance and antimicrobial susceptibility profile of Staphylococcus saprophyticus and other staphylococci isolated from patients with urinary tract infectionAdriano M Ferreira
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Botucatu Biosciences Institute, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, SP 18618 970, Brazil
Chemotherapy 58:482-91. 2012b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus is the second most frequent community-acquired causative agent of urinary tract infection (UTI)...
- Staphylococcus saprophyticus surface-associated protein (Ssp) is associated with lifespan reduction in Caenorhabditis elegansFlorian Szabados
Institute for Hygiene and Microbiology Department of Medical Microbiology Ruhr University Bochum Bochum, Germany
Virulence 4:604-11. 2013Staphylococcal lipases have been proposed as pathogenicity factors. In Staphylococcus saprophyticus the surface-associated protein (Ssp) has been previously characterized as a cell wall-associated true lipase. A S...
- Diagnosis and management of uncomplicated urinary tract infectionsSusan A Mehnert-Kay
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Tulsa, USA
Am Fam Physician 72:451-6. 2005..Escherichia coli is the leading cause of urinary tract infections, followed by Staphylococcus saprophyticus. Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole has been the standard therapy for urinary tract infection; however, E...
- Whole genome sequence of Staphylococcus saprophyticus reveals the pathogenesis of uncomplicated urinary tract infectionMakoto Kuroda
Department of Microbiology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13272-7. 2005b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus is a uropathogenic Staphylococcus frequently isolated from young female outpatients presenting with uncomplicated urinary tract infections. We sequenced the whole genome of S...
- Clinical significance of Staphylococcus saprophyticus identified on blood culture in a tertiary care hospitalSang Ho Choi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, and Center for Antimicrobial Resistance and Microbial Genetics, University of Ulsan, Seoul 138 736, South Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 56:337-9. 2006b>Staphylococcus saprophyticus is a well-known cause of acute uncomplicated urinary tract infection in young women. However, the clinical significance of this organism isolated from blood culture has not been determined...
- Identification of Staphylococcus spp. using (GTG)₅-PCR fingerprintingPavel Svec
Czech Collection of Microorganisms, Department of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Tvrdeho 14, 602 00, Brno, Czech Republic
Syst Appl Microbiol 33:451-6. 2010..equorum, Staphylococcus sciuri, Staphylococcus piscifermentans, Staphylococcus xylosus, and Staphylococcus saprophyticus revealed heterogeneous fingerprints and each (sub)species was distributed over several clusters...
- Urinary bactericidal activity of oral antibiotics against common urinary tract pathogens in an ex vivo modelBranka Bedenic
Department of Microbiology, Medical School, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Chemotherapy 52:293-7. 2006..In this investigation, the urine samples obtained in a single oral-dose pharmacokinetic study were examined for their bactericidal activity against a range of relevant urinary tract pathogens...
- Characterization of global patterns and the genetics of fusidic acid resistanceDavid J Farrell
JMI Laboratories, North Liberty, Iowa 52317, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S487-92. 2011..In addition, fusD is responsible for intrinsic resistance in Staphylococcus saprophyticus, and alterations in the L6 portion of rplF (fusE) have a role in fusidic acid resistance...
- [New, successful treatment of urinary tract infection caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa]Dariusz Sobczyk
Klinika Kardiologii i Nefrologii Dzieciecej, Akademii Medycznej w Poznaniu
Przegl Lek 63:140-1. 2006..uropathogen (80%) isolated in acute community-acquired uncomplicated infections, followed by Staphylococcus saprophyticus (10% to 15%) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (9%) The pathogens traditionally associated with UTI are ..
- Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activity of folklore: Mallotus peltatus leaf extractDebprasad Chattopadhyay
ICMR Virus Unit Calcutta, I D and B G Hospital, GB 4, 57 Dr Suresh Chandra Banerjee Road, Beliaghata, Kolkata, India
J Ethnopharmacol 82:229-37. 2002..The crude methanol extract of M. peltatus leaves was found to be active against Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Streptococcus faecalis, Bacillus subtilis, Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis and the ..
- Identification and molecular characterization of mannitol salt positive, coagulase-negative staphylococci from nasal samples of medical personnel and studentsAdebayo Shittu
School of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of KwaZulu Natal, Private Bag X54001, Durban 4000, Republic of South Africa
J Med Microbiol 55:317-24. 2006..length polymorphism analysis (ITS-PCR) identified only two species (Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus saprophyticus). This identification was confirmed by antibiotyping, species-specific PCR and PFGE...
- Growth of MRSA and Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a fine-celled foam model containing sessile commensal skin bacteriaAngela Oates
a Manchester Pharmacy School, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Biofouling 32:25-33. 2016Sessile cultures of the skin bacteria Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Corynebacterium xerosis were grown using novel fine-celled foam substrata to test the outcome of challenge by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or ..
- Identification and characterization of quaternary ammonium compound resistant staphylococci from the food industryE Heir
MATFORSK, Norwegian Food Research Institute, As, Norway
Int J Food Microbiol 48:211-9. 1999..The most commonly found species were Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus. The results also indicated the possible spread of specific isolates of staphylococci which may reflect ..
- Metabolic activation of bladder procarcinogens, 2-aminofluorene, 4-aminobiphenyl, and benzidine by Pseudomonas aeruginosa and other human endogenous bacteriaPiyatilake Adris
Department of Biology, The University of Memphis, 3774 Walker Street, Memphis, TN 38152, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 20:367-74. 2006..coli, Enterobacter aerogenes, Proteus mirabilis, Proteus vulgaris, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and intestinal anaerobes, Bacteroides fragilis, Clostridium perfringens, and ..
- Enterococcus faecalis subverts and invades the host urothelium in patients with chronic urinary tract infectionHarry Horsley
Centre for Clinical Science and Technology, Research Department of Clinical Physiology, Division of Medicine, University College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e83637. 2013..Other bacterial species, such as Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Klebsiella pneumonia and Salmonella enterica have also been shown to be invasive in acute UTI...
- BACTERIAL INTERACTIONS WITH THE BLADDER MUCOSAMatthew Mulvey; Fiscal Year: 2002..family, including Klebsiella species and Proteus mitabilis, and Gram-positive organisms, including Staphylococcus saprophyticus and opportunistic enterococci species, are also associated with UTIs...